PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Returning To The Knicks. Announcement Expected 7/10/14

Pages : [1] 2

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 03:54 PM
According to a "source" which happens to be his closest friend supposedly.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Carmelo Anthony hadn't been a part of any scenario about joining James in Miami, sources tell Yahoo. @FisolaNYDN reports he's staying in NY.

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Boooooo

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Why boo? I don't want superstars like Lebron, Bosh, Melo etc shaking up the league too much. Want them all to stay in the east. Hopefully they take some of the stars from the west too, because this balance issue is brutal. If the Clippers were in the east they'd likely be in the finals regularly.

d00d
07-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I would put this link in your post OP

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/carmelo-return-knicks-win-new-york-article-1.1860680

ManRam
07-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Isola says "unless something changes". I kinda get the impression that he's just trying to be the first person to guess correctly. Hedging his bet at the very least.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 50s
Within Anthony's circle, belief's been this, sources tell Y: Get NY's $129M now, figure out destination later. You can always get a trade.

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:00 PM
If Melo goes back to the Knicks, I feel sorry for him. That, and he's a little diva jerk for wasting everyone's time.

"Waah, I want to win."

*resigns with Knicks*

Uh-huh...I really hope he doesn't. Because then WTF was the point? These entitled SOBs piss me off.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 04:00 PM
‏@WojYahooNBA
Within Anthony's circle, belief's been this, sources tell Y: Get NY's $129M now, figure out destination later. You can always get a trade.

:laugh:

MelanconMadness
07-09-2014, 04:01 PM
1:58pm - 9 Jul 14

Woj

SILVER SEAVER
07-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Who would've been a bigger villain........LeBron for leaving Cleveland the way he did four years ago or Melo leaving New York high and dry to join LeBron in Miami?

kobe4thewinbang
1:58pm - 9 Jul 14

WojCircle jerk maybe. Melo's a clown. Have fun losing again in New York for the next 5 years.

Clippersfan86
If Melo goes back to the Knicks, I feel sorry for him. That, and he's a little diva jerk for wasting everyone's time.

"Waah, I want to win."

*resigns with Knicks*

Uh-huh...I really hope he doesn't. Because then WTF was the point? These entitled SOBs piss me off.

Comon man. We all know he has a better chance of winning in NY right now than the Lakers who don't seem to know what the fu** they are doing. Under Jimbo it's been bad move after bad move. So why would free agents be rushing to play there? Better to be on a treadmill 3-5 seed in the east with a long shot for a deep playoff run than be in the brutal west on a non playoff team.

gatkins11
07-09-2014, 04:03 PM
‏@WojYahooNBA

He has that NBA 2K mindset. Lol.

sammyvine
07-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Why boo? I don't want superstars like Lebron, Bosh, Melo etc shaking up the league too much. Want them all to stay in the east. Hopefully they take some of the stars from the west too, because this balance issue is brutal. If the Clippers were in the east they'd likely be in the finals regularly.

This

Its really spooling the game imo when the best players load up on one team. The NFL is a good example of decent parity.

sammyvine
07-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Melo is only staying for the money. I understand why but he's made a lot of money in his career.

Laker Legend42
07-09-2014, 04:05 PM
That's great news. The lakers need to slow it down and stop trying to build from the top down. Carmelo is great be he's not winning any championships next year. So championships aren't in your immediate future ....TAKE THE MONEY!!! I think people are starting to see that no one wants to play with D12. All bad for him.

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Comon man. We all know he has a better chance of winning in NY right now than the Lakers who don't seem to know what the fu** they are doing. Under Jimbo it's been bad move after bad move. So why would free agents be rushing to play there? Better to be on a treadmill 3-5 seed in the east with a long shot for a deep playoff run than be in the brutal west on a non playoff team.It ain't that at all, man. It's this whole circus these little millionaires go about doing. If he was just going to stay with the Knicks?! Tease if there ever was one. At least LeBron actually went SOMEWHERE ELSE in 2010. He didn't do a whole TV show just to say "I'm keeping my talents right here in Cleveland." I hope this isn't true, but it is coming from Woj, who is usually correct and reputable. But damn...at least join a new team. He ain't winning jack with the Knicks anytime soon, so what difference would it make?

SILVER SEAVER
07-09-2014, 04:08 PM

"Waah, I want to win."

*resigns with Knicks*

LeBron and Melo are both ego maniacal prima donnas. I never saw two players who just love to take their sweet time and drag everybody around by their noses in anticipation of what their final decision will ultimately be. I'm now praying that Kobe comes back strong and gets some help and takes LeBron's team whoever the hell it may be out in the Finals in another five game demolition. Of course the real hurdle is San Antonio. Not sure they will come back as hungry and hell bent like they were this season.

nickdymez
07-09-2014, 04:08 PM
That's great news. The lakers need to slow it down and stop trying to build from the top down. Carmelo is great be he's not winning any championships next year. So championships aren't in your immediate future ....TAKE THE MONEY!!! I think people are starting to see that no one wants to play with D12. All bad for him.
You're not a Lakers fan

canzano55
07-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Why boo? I don't want superstars like Lebron, Bosh, Melo etc shaking up the league too much. Want them all to stay in the east. Hopefully they take some of the stars from the west too, because this balance issue is brutal. If the Clippers were in the east they'd likely be in the finals regularly.Waaaaaahhh!!! Waaaaahhhh! The West is too tough and its not fair waaaahhhh!

Try supporting a baseball team that shares a division with the Red Sox, Yankees and the irritating but always effective Tampa Bay Rays for the last 30+ years.

Then come talk to me about unfair.

bleedprple&gold

"Waah, I want to win."

*resigns with Knicks*

Comon man. We all know he has a better chance of winning in NY right now than the Lakers who don't seem to know what the fu** they are doing. Under Jimbo it's been bad move after bad move. So why would free agents be rushing to play there? Better to be on a treadmill 3-5 seed in the east with a long shot for a deep playoff run than be in the brutal west on a non playoff team.

Kobe is still better than any garbage the Knicks have. And who knows if they will be 3-5 seed. Probably not this year at least.

Jarvo
He stayed for the money

MelanconMadness
It ain't that at all, man. It's this whole circus these little millionaires go about doing. If he was just going to stay with the Knicks?! Tease if there ever was one. At least LeBron actually went SOMEWHERE ELSE in 2010. He didn't do a whole TV show just to say "I'm keeping my talents right here in Cleveland." I hope this isn't true, but it is coming from Woj, who is usually correct and reputable. But damn...at least join a new team. He ain't winning jack with the Knicks anytime soon, so what difference would it make?

This is the first and last time he's going to be a FA in his prime. Why not go out and feel wanted by a bunch of teams? You just sound butt hurt because if he goes to NY, then the lakers are bottom dwellers

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Laker and Bulls fans can go back to stating how bad he is now...

Woj is a bonafide Knicks hater and always has been. Lets see the contract terms before we start talking that crap.

How exactly are you going to force Phil to trade you on a 5 year deal? Nobody in their right mind would think that way if they didn't want to stay. Kevin Love has been trying to do it for the past 3 years.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 04:11 PM
It ain't that at all, man. It's this whole circus these little millionaires go about doing. If he was just going to stay with the Knicks?! Tease if there ever was one. At least LeBron actually went SOMEWHERE ELSE in 2010. He didn't do a whole TV show just to say "I'm keeping my talents right here in Cleveland." I hope this isn't true, but it is coming from Woj, who is usually correct and reputable. But damn...at least join a new team. He ain't winning jack with the Knicks anytime soon, so what difference would it make?

I like it for selfish reasons as I admitted. The west is already incredibly superior. Every star the west steals such as Melo and Bosh.. will widen the gap further. As a fan of a western conference team, you should be against this. The west already has like 3 legit contenders (Spurs, Thunder, Clippers) and a few borderline contenders (Rockets, Warriors, Portland, Memphis), then you have wild card teams like Phoenix/Dallas. Last thing I want is 8 or 10 contenders in one conference while the other conference has maybe 2.

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Isola's source (who broke the news and was with Melo working out in LA), "I believe in Phil".

Woj, who didn't break the news "he stayed for the money".

Take the money now and work out a trade later? Yea, 4 years later?

USMCLaker
07-09-2014, 04:12 PM

Woj is a bonafide Knicks hater and always has been. Lets see the contract terms before we start talking that crap.

How exactly are you going to force Phil to trade you on a 5 year deal? Nobody in their right mind would think that way if they didn't want to stay. Kevin Love has been trying to do it for the past 3 years.

So funny and so true.

SILVER SEAVER
07-09-2014, 04:13 PM
The Zen Master really is Don Corleone. Her made Melo an offer he couldn't refuse.

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:14 PM
This is the first and last time he's going to be a FA in his prime. Why not go out and feel wanted by a bunch of teams? You just sound butt hurt because if he goes to NY, then the lakers are bottom dwellersNo, I'm not "butt hurt." I just hate how entitled these millionaires are. If he was going to stay with the Knicks, why make a fuss in the first place? Good gawd. He could've joined any team and he sticks with New York? Da fuq? I thought since the start he'd join the Bulls. I guess he caught the MSG virus. Who knows, maybe he's just a spoke on the wheel of the NBA telling him to hype it up. It's still infuriating though. Knicks aren't going to be contenders for a while, if ever, and none of Melo's teams ever have been. Maybe he likes mediocrity?

shep33
We dodged A bullet. And good luck to Melo if he thinks he can get dealt easily with a 129 mill contract

PurpleJesus
Get this Carmelo crap out of here. This is a Lebron James forum.

bucketss
what a gross overpayment.

nycericanguy
07-09-2014, 04:15 PM

This...

No contract details and Woj already taking shots at NY...lol.

And Melo, who is experiencing FAgency for the first time, he's going to take a 5 year deal and already making exit plans? makes zero sense.

devildog
B S story, he can still change his mind.

curtcocaine
Good for him and NYC.

kobe4thewinbang
I like it for selfish reasons as I admitted. The west is already incredibly superior. Every star the west steals such as Melo and Bosh.. will widen the gap further. As a fan of a western conference team, you should be against this. The west already has like 3 legit contenders (Spurs, Thunder, Clippers) and a few borderline contenders (Rockets, Warriors, Portland, Memphis), then you have wild card teams like Phoenix/Dallas. Last thing I want is 8 or 10 contenders in one conference while the other conference has maybe 2.Dude, the Knicks haven't been contenders in years and Melo didn't help them change that one bit. Him staying there does nothing for the East.

jerellh528
07-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Laker fans celebrate!

Sneaky
07-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Dolla dolla bill y'all.

Bruno

if the clippers were in the east they never would have gotten chris paul.

MelanconMadness
No, I'm not "butt hurt." I just hate how entitled these millionaires are. If he was going to stay with the Knicks, why make a fuss in the first place? Good gawd. He could've joined any team and he sticks with New York? Da fuq? I thought since the start he'd join the Bulls. I guess he caught the MSG virus. Who knows, maybe he's just a spoke on the wheel of the NBA telling him to hype it up. It's still infuriating though. Knicks aren't going to be contenders for a while, if ever, and none of Melo's teams ever have been. Maybe he likes mediocrity?

Tell me more about the future Nostradamus.

And I'm also sure he didn't know he was coming back to NY, it was always a possibility, but you want to be sure in these things. Kobe can't stay on the court, so it lessens desire even with them being best friends. Gasol is a free agent, Nash is washed up and also can't stay on the court. The bulls were really the biggest threat contrary to reports because of who they have

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Dude, the Knicks haven't been contenders in years and Melo didn't help them change that one bit. Him staying there does nothing for the East.

It keeps him out of the west. Now in particular him being on the Rockets doesn't scare me (bad fit, iso chucker) or the Lakers (not enough talent around him, won't mesh with Kobe most likely)... I'd rather not even have another star on this side. Besides although he's not a through and through superstar most likely, he's better than you seem to be giving him credit for. Much of NY's issues had to do with coaching, front office direction and bad supporting pieces. I expect Phil to help with that as evidenced by one good trade he's already made.

NYKnickFanatic

"Waah, I want to win."

*resigns with Knicks*

Circle jerk maybe. Melo's a clown. Have fun losing again in New York for the next 5 years.

This guy is salty as hell. :laugh2: Why are you so mad that Melo didn't choose the Lakers? You are acting like a Cleveland fan reacting to James choosing Miami.

You act like the Lakers have a much better chance to win, if Melo signed there, in a much tougher conference.

kobe4thewinbang
Laker fans celebrate!Celebrate what, exactly? Still have no coach, still run by an idiot, Mitch is in a coma apparently, Kobe might get hurt again, the team sucks beyond belief, Nash was a total bust along with D'Antoni...not much to celebrate. At least having Carmelo would've distracted us from the painful reality of the Lakers franchise.

SILVER SEAVER

Any Bulls fan who seriously thought Melo would go there for 15-16 million per because they have a nicer current roster just woke up from their dream wet. I never believed they would get it done. Jerry putting up some banners and signs outside the United Center and have Rose and Co. give Melo some party favors and Benny the Bull Bucks towards the team store was only fooling themselves. He went to Chicago first just to get the first "no thanks team" out of the way. 129 million is 129 million no matter where you go in this country.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2014, 04:19 PM
thank god

D-Leethal
This...

And Melo, who is experiencing FAgency for the first time, he's going to take a 5 year deal and already making exit plans? makes zero sense.

This happened with the Phil Jackson move too. Greg Anthony broke the news on NBATV and Woj instantly started writing anti-Knicks tweets + articles.

The guy can't stand when he is late to the party. I hope LeBron resigns with the Cavs and puts it on his website because that would be the other big fish Woj did NOT break this year.

Dudes sources are slippin' and getting butt hurt over it.

shep33
Melo is a stud. But it just didn't make sense for us to give him that kind of money for a 30 year old.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 04:20 PM
if the clippers were in the east they never would have gotten chris paul.

Maybe. Still think a squad with Griffin/Bledsoe/DJ and other pieces (due to cap space from not having Paul) would be a finals team out east eventually.

jerellh528
07-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Celebrate what, exactly? Still have no coach, still run by an idiot, Mitch is in a coma apparently, Kobe might get hurt again, the team sucks beyond belief, Nash was a total bust along with D'Antoni...not much to celebrate. At least having Carmelo would've distracted us from the painful reality of the Lakers franchise.

Celebrate not overpaying for another overaged star. Now we can go after a young core to build around. Stephenson, Monroe etc

kobe4thewinbang
This guy is salty as hell. :laugh2: Why are you so mad that Melo didn't choose the Lakers? You are acting like a Cleveland fan reacting to James choosing Miami.

You act like the Lakers have a much better chance to win, if Melo signed there, in a much tougher conference.No, I'm saying that Melo made a big fuss about wanting to win (i.e. he ain't winning with the Knicks). Then he signs back with them? This whole 'Melo to Lakers?' crap didn't start until recently. I thought he was going to Chicago from the get-go, and I never said anything about Melo doing better on another team. But it wouldn't be hard to do better considering how terrible the Knicks were, still are, and how underwhelming they've been since he arrived. Phil has his work cut out for him, as does the black Jason Kidd.

SILVER SEAVER
Celebrate what, exactly? Still have no coach, still run by an idiot, Mitch is in a coma apparently, Kobe might get hurt again, the team sucks beyond belief, Nash was a total bust along with D'Antoni...not much to celebrate. At least having Carmelo would've distracted us from the painful reality of the Lakers franchise.

Nash pretty much giving Lakers management and the fans the finger and saying he ain't giving up his 9.7 million when he's got one foot in the NBA coffin is what the current state of the Lakers' has become.

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Celebrate not overpaying for another overaged star. Now we can go after a young core to build around. Stephenson, Monroe etcYeah, we could do that...if the Lakers would actually, you know, do something?

ManRam
I can't really bash him for taking the deal even if his heart isn't with the Knicks. I know for damn certain none of y'all would say "eh...I'm good" to $129M. Get the money now.

Bklyn24
well I guess now all the teams fans that missed out on signing melo can go back to melo-hating again.

Bulls fans last week- "if we get melo we are winning it all, by far the best team in the league"
Bulls Fans today- "Melo is trash, Knicks are gonna suck as long as they have that loser"

J4KOP99
Thank The Lord.

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:23 PM
I can't really bash him for taking the deal even if his heart isn't with the Knicks. I know for damn certain none of y'all would say "eh...I'm good" to $129M. Get the money now.Yeah, it's not like he's already a millionaire or that other teams would've given him the same amount of money...:rolleyes:

colinskik
07-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Dude, the Knicks haven't been contenders in years and Melo didn't help them change that one bit. Him staying there does nothing for the East.

How quickly people forget the 54 win season, second round playoff appearance ... last year...

C'mon dude, untwist those panties and acknowledge that Melo has helped change the culture here. Maybe not into title contenders, but remember where the Knicks were before Melo? Kinda like where the Lakers look like they'll be for the next few years.

KINGOFSPORTS
07-09-2014, 04:25 PM
who can say no to Phil Jackson and his 13 rings...

SILVER SEAVER
Celebrate not overpaying for another overaged star. Now we can go after a young core to build around. Stephenson, Monroe etc

Monroe is totally being overlooked because of these ego maniacs and their drawn out soap opera. I swear to God if Melo does indeed stay in New York and James stays in Miami I'm going to find somebody to punch in the face. I will try to find Chris Broussard.

NYKnickFanatic

:laugh2:

Please don't forget those Rockets fans. Throw in Heat fans while you're add it.

D-Leethal
No, I'm saying that Melo made a big fuss about wanting to win (i.e. he ain't winning with the Knicks). Then he signs back with them? This whole 'Melo to Lakers?' crap didn't start until recently. I thought he was going to Chicago from the get-go, and I never said anything about Melo doing better on another team. But it wouldn't be hard to do better considering how terrible the Knicks were, still are, and how underwhelming they've been since he arrived. Phil has his work cut out for him, as does the black Jason Kidd.

Its never about one thing. Its your livelihood were talking about here. Money, family, location, and yes - winning and trusting in Phil to deliver all play a part.

jerellh528
Yeah, we could do that...if the Lakers would actually, you know, do something?

Well, they should be active now. Pretty sure they were waiting on the two big fish.

majmarcus
07-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Lakers better get after Lance Stevenson before he be blowing in Kobe's ear on another contender...

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:27 PM
How quickly people forget the 54 win season, second round playoff appearance ... last year...

C'mon dude, untwist those panties and acknowledge that Melo has helped change the culture here. Maybe not into title contenders, but remember where the Knicks were before Melo? Kinda like where the Lakers look like they'll be for the next few years.Oh, yeah, I forgot, your big 54 win season. What *else* did the Knicks accomplish that season? Hmm...........at least Spike Lee was smiling about it, right? Melo didn't change anything. The Knicks have always been mediocre and frankly Melo is a career underachiever. So he probably feels right at home.

SILVER SEAVER
I did not want to deal with any Melo drama on Chicago because the minute there would be an injury to Rose he'd be complaining and half a**ing it out there.

kobe4thewinbang
Well, they should be active now. Pretty sure they were waiting on the two big fish.So what were they waiting for last season? The Lakers are full of it.

GiantsSwaGG
If Melo accepts the max, **** him

Clippersfan86

C'mon dude, untwist those panties and acknowledge that Melo has helped change the culture here. Maybe not into title contenders, but remember where the Knicks were before Melo? Kinda like where the Lakers look like they'll be for the next few years.

That's largely due to inept coaching/front office too. Add a couple really good support pieces around Melo and I can see a couple ECF runs at the very least in the coming years. I want to see more dedication on the defensive end from Melo. We've see in the Denver WCF run that he is capable of VERY good D. Problem is he's lazy on that end. I hope Fisher and his staff really pound that into him. It was the Lakers after all that eliminated Denver, so Fisher should be familiar with his tendencies.

ironkobe
07-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Championships dont pay the bills money do i would of done the same thing if i was him

Kashmir13579
07-09-2014, 04:29 PM
AND He's Taking THE money!!

SILVER SEAVER
07-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot, your big 54 win season. What *else* did the Knicks accomplish that season? Hmm...........at least Spike Lee was smiling about it, right? Melo didn't change anything. The Knicks have always been mediocre and frankly Melo is a career underachiever. So he probably feels right at home.

The beat a geriatric Celtics team in the playoffs who each had one foot in the door of Shady Oaks Rest Home. The bar in New York is set so low anymore.

DaBUU
And I'd take all that loot too

kobe4thewinbang
Championships dont pay the bills money do i would of done the same thing if i was himAgain--the dude is already breathing in MILLIONS of dollars and he'd "get paid" on any other team too.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2014, 04:31 PM
No, I'm saying that Melo made a big fuss about wanting to win (i.e. he ain't winning with the Knicks). Then he signs back with them? This whole 'Melo to Lakers?' crap didn't start until recently. I thought he was going to Chicago from the get-go, and I never said anything about Melo doing better on another team. But it wouldn't be hard to do better considering how terrible the Knicks were, still are, and how underwhelming they've been since he arrived. Phil has his work cut out for him, as does the black Jason Kidd.

Melo wants to win. Yes. Do you know what Phil and Fisher spoke with Melo about? I know I don't. Maybe Melo really liked what he heard from Phil. When Phil speaks, you listen and it's hard to turn down a guy who has so many rings. Melo said it's not a one year plan, it's a four, five year plan.

And I love how you keep taking shots saying how the Knicks are terrible, but look at your team. We are in better shape than you, in a much weaker East.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Money > Rings.

MJL80
07-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Melo is only staying for the money. I understand why but he's made a lot of money in his career.

I don't get why people care so much about the motives of athletes.... they can do whatever they want.

InRoseWeTrust
07-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Let me preface this with the fact that I have always believed, and still believe, that Melo is going back to NYK. It's too much money, and it's where his heart is.

That being said, we should all probably hold our horses on calling this a done deal. A lot of guys on Twitter (Howard Beck, Mark Medina) are already refuting Isola's report.

jerellh528
So what were they waiting for last season? The Lakers are full of it.

Were two seasons removed from having an all time great paper lineup with Kobe, Nash, Howard, pau, and artest. Nobody could've predicted the injury, and chemistry issues would've been THAT bad. Last season we were tapped out. Can't expect a ring every season, I still have faith. It's not like we've been in the NBA's basement for a decade like most teams in the nba, Lakers will be contenders again within 3 season, I believe that.

D-Leethal
I'm willing to bet Melo doesn't take the full max.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets a no-trade clause.

mdm692
Who would've been a bigger villain........LeBron for leaving Cleveland the way he did four years ago or Melo leaving New York high and dry to join LeBron in Miami?
Melo resigning with the Knicks for 129 mill and later requesting a trade to a contender after the Knicks fail to put a contender around him. . .Again.

utl768
dumb move for the knicks

melo isnt a player you can build a team around and compete for a championship

they would have been better off letting him leave and tanking for some good draft picks and then using cap room in a few yrs on durant etc..

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Well, I guess it's official. Even NBA.com itself is reporting this, which is notoriously late on everything.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2014, 04:35 PM

Melo is money hungry

nickdymez
07-09-2014, 04:35 PM
We dodged A bullet. And good luck to Melo if he thinks he can get dealt easily with a 129 mill contract
Just because you hate Melo, doesn't mean you should hate the Lakers. This is what we needed.

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Let me preface this with the fact that I have always believed, and still believe, that Melo is going back to NYK. It's too much money, and it's where his heart is.

That being said, we should all probably hold our horses on calling this a done deal. A lot of guys on Twitter (Howard Beck, Mark Medina) are already refuting Isola's report.

Woj has confirmed the decision, just reporting different reasoning.

NYKnickFanatic
Oh, yeah, I forgot, your big 54 win season. What *else* did the Knicks accomplish that season? Hmm...........at least Spike Lee was smiling about it, right? Melo didn't change anything. The Knicks have always been mediocre and frankly Melo is a career underachiever. So he probably feels right at home.

I'm literally laughing at you now. :laugh2:

Melo is a career underachiever, but if he signed with the Lakers, you would have been singing a different song.
It's so funny how butt hurt you are that he didn't sign with the Lakers. Why do you care so much about a mediocre player?

I hope he changes his mind and signs with the Lakers, so I can watch you do a complete 180.

meloman1592
First of all thereafs no contract details. Secondly, why do so many people care about his motives? What if his family and heart really swayed his decision. I can't wait to see his contract so the "Melo did it for the money" people can shut up. I'm willing to be the signed for at least 10 mil less than the Max

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 04:37 PM
dumb move for the knicks

melo isnt a player you can build a team around and compete for a championship

they would have been better off letting him leave and tanking for some good draft picks and then using cap room in a few yrs on durant etc..

I love when people list one player and than write "etc." like there is a boatload of them on the list. They do that because they can't think of more than one.

Durant and.......

who?

Who do you believe you can build a championship team around? 3 guys in the league?

Obviously Phil thinks you can, thats good enough for me.

InRoseWeTrust
07-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Woj has confirmed the decision, just reporting different reasoning.

I read his tweets differently, especially considering how he referenced Isola in the first one. I wouldn't necessarily say he confirmed the decision.

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 04:40 PM
I read his tweets differently, especially considering how he referenced Isola in the first one. I wouldn't necessarily say he confirmed the decision.

If he provided reasoning from his sources as to WHY Melo took the money and came back, doesn't that mean we can assume his source confirms he is resigning?

You can't provide reasoning to a decision without confirming the decision itself.

rhd420
07-09-2014, 04:42 PM
I don't get why people care so much about the motives of athletes.... they can do whatever they want.

why exactly do you have a job ... oh yeah the money
I do have a feeling like Phil would have wanted Melo to walk to there is freed up cap space for the future and he can build the team HE wanted

shep33
Just because you hate Melo, doesn't mean you should hate the Lakers. This is what we needed.

I like Melo. But paying a 30 year old 97 mill is stupid for us rebuilding. He would be 31-32 by the time we put a good roster around him

SILVER SEAVER

Melo is money hungry

And you will see how hungry he was during the summer when he comes into training camp about 30 pounds overweight.

shep33
I would have loved Melo on the Lakers, just not for that price

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Melo wants to win. Yes. Do you know what Phil and Fisher spoke with Melo about? I know I don't. Maybe Melo really liked what he heard from Phil. When Phil speaks, you listen and it's hard to turn down a guy who has so many rings. Melo said it's not a one year plan, it's a four, five year plan.

And I love how you keep taking shots saying how the Knicks are terrible, but look at your team. We are in better shape than you, in a much weaker East.Nice self-defeating statement there, lol...the Lakers are admittedly dog crap right now, but how much better are the Knicks? Why you keep making this a Lakers/Knicks thing? I'm pissed at Melo for being such a diva. Hope he enjoys the 4/5 year plan...without any championships.

InRoseWeTrust
If he provided reasoning from his sources as to WHY Melo took the money and came back, doesn't that mean we can assume his source confirms he is resigning?

You can't provide reasoning to a decision without confirming the decision itself.

Again, I think he's going back to NYK. No need to get defensive.

If Woj was flat out confirming, he would have said "Sources confirm to Yahoo that X." I'm just saying it really doesn't read like a straight up affirmation of Isola's story, especially when you read his tweets together, in context.

nickdymez
I would have loved Melo on the Lakers, just not for that price
I understand that. But the rebuild would have been very swift. Now what?

SILVER SEAVER
07-09-2014, 04:44 PM
I like Melo. But paying a 30 year old 97 mill is stupid for us rebuilding. He would be 31-32 by the time we put a good roster around him

That's exactly why Lakers fans shouldn't give a crap because even if it was just for Kobe's final two seasons I can't seriously seeing them being able to co-exist for two years. Two giant egos and one ball don't ever mix.

NYKNYGNYY
07-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Now bulls and lakers fans can go back to saying he sucks

utl768
07-09-2014, 04:46 PM
I love when people list one player and than write "etc." like there is a boatload of them on the list. They do that because they can't think of more than one.

Durant and.......

who?

Who do you believe you can build a championship team around? 3 guys in the league?

Obviously Phil thinks you can, thats good enough for me.

keep on drinking the kool-aid with melo because its not happening

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm literally laughing at you now. :laugh2:

Melo is a career underachiever, but if he signed with the Lakers, you would have been singing a different song.
It's so funny how butt hurt you are that he didn't sign with the Lakers. Why do you care so much about a mediocre player?

I hope he changes his mind and signs with the Lakers, so I can watch you do a complete 180.No, if he had chosen to sign with the Lakers, which for the 20th time I didn't think he was going to do, he would still be a career underachiever, chucking up shots with Kobe just like Westbrook does with Durant. I dunno why anyone would want to play in NYC instead of LA; like Kobe said during the season it's colder than s--t. Melo is a mediocre player, but for the same reason people were hopeful in him going to NY, maybe a new setting would have turned that around for him. I don't care about Melo 'so much.' I just wish he hadn't started this nonsense in the first place.

Burkey3472
07-09-2014, 04:47 PM
I never blame a player for taking the money when it is offered. I cant see Melo winning in NY though, even with this new management.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Nice self-defeating statement there, lol...the Lakers are admittedly dog crap right now, but how much better are the Knicks? Why you keep making this a Lakers/Knicks thing? I'm pissed at Melo for being such a diva. Hope he enjoys the 4/5 year plan...without any championships.

Self defeating statement? Lol the East is weaker than the West, we know this. Melo has a better chance of winning In the East, with the Knicks, than winning in the West, with the Lakers. How was Melo being a diva about it? By being a first time FA and going through the process? He might not win a championship in NY, but he wasn't winning one in LA either.

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Again, I think he's going back to NYK. No need to get defensive.

If Woj was flat out confirming, he would have said "Sources confirm to Yahoo that X." I'm just saying it really doesn't read like a straight up affirmation of Isola's story, especially when you read his tweets together, in context.

Fair enough, wasn't trying to get hostile brotha. You have been a trooper throughout this whole process even when Melo-to-Bulls was HOT.

SILVER SEAVER
07-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Melo is more worried about his brand and celebrity then he really is about winning a ring. To resign at a place that's offering you max money but has a guy who has never coached a game in his life, a roster that has two albatross contracts left in their final years and a jack*** meddling owner and you will be 31 in another lost season next year is all about the benjamins.

Hawkamania
07-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Circle jerk maybe. Melo's a clown. Have fun losing again in New York for the next 5 years.

You mad bro?

In all seriousness, this shouldn't shock any one.

D-Leethal
keep on drinking the kool-aid with melo because its not happening

Not saying it is, not saying it isn't.

If Paul Pierce and Dirk can be the unanimous #1 option scorers on title teams, than I believe you can do the same with Melo as long as the right guys are around them. Phil seems to agree. He is much smarter than you.

utl768
this is all you need to know about melo

lebron with mo williams as his second best player wins 60 plus games

melo with a better roster then that finishes as the 9th seed

melo doesnt make people around him better

InRoseWeTrust
Fair enough, wasn't trying to get hostile brotha. You have been a trooper throughout this whole process even when Melo-to-Bulls was HOT.

I just really never thought he'd be able to walk away from that much money, especially considering his family's reported desire to stay there.

kobe4thewinbang
Self defeating statement? Lol the East is weaker than the West, we know this. Melo has a better chance of winning In the East, with the Knicks, than winning in the West, with the Lakers. How was Melo being a diva about it? By being a first time FA and going through the process? He might not win a championship in NY, but he wasn't winning one in LA either.Again, this is not a Lakers/Knicks issue. It's a 'why not go somewhere else in general.' I bet you right now the bulls will do better next season than the Knicks will, and so will Houston. Your argument is that the west is harder to win. That's true, but it also shows Melo's character. He knows he can't hack it out west and will settle for the fickle love of the MSG crowd until the Knicks stink it up again.

utl768
07-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Not saying it is, not saying it isn't.

If Paul Pierce and Dirk can be the unanimous #1 option scorers on title teams, than I believe you can do the same with Melo as long as the right guys are around them. Phil seems to agree. He is much smarter than you.

the nba has changed

u need a super team now or you have no shot

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I just really never thought he'd be able to walk away from that much money, especially considering his family's reported desire to stay there.Stay in cold *** New York where those crazy politicians are trying to control everything?

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Again, this is not a Lakers/Knicks issue. It's a 'why not go somewhere else in general.' I bet you right now the bulls will do better next season than the Knicks will, and so will Houston. Your argument is that the west is harder to win. That's true, but it also shows Melo's character. He knows he can't hack it out west and will settle for the fickle love of the MSG crowd until the Knicks stink it up again.

Why go somewhere else if he likes it in NY and getting all that money? We don't even know the contract details yet, I'm just assuming it's $129mil.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-09-2014, 04:53 PM
This...

How the hell is Woj taking shots at NY?

SILVER SEAVER
07-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Self defeating statement? Lol the East is weaker than the West, we know this. Melo has a better chance of winning In the East, with the Knicks, than winning in the West, with the Lakers. How was Melo being a diva about it? By being a first time FA and going through the process? He might not win a championship in NY, but he wasn't winning one in LA either.

Melo has no shot of winning in the east as long as he's with the Knicks. He can't possibly believe that this team because they added Calderon and Dalembert to go along with J.R. Smith and a shell of himself A'mare is doing anything next season and there is no guarantee anybody will want to go there in the Summers of '15 & '16 and by then he'll be close to 33 with a lot of mileage. Not being a jerk, just being real about it. This team lost out on the 8th spot last season to the f-ing Hawks who were practically handing them the 8th spot and they failed to claim it. Melo needs another elite superstar to play with and Phil knows it but it takes time to clean up the garbage from the previous regime which Melo doesn't have much left.

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Bc I wanted him to go to Chicago. The Knicks suck. Melo is exactly what Chicago needs

shep33
07-09-2014, 04:56 PM

I don't think he'll take the full max in NY either. Still, for the Lakers, it was a bad idea to dish out 20+ mill for Melo when we're rebuilding.

He's a great player, I just want to rebuild like a normal team for once instead of giving up all our assets/cap room for a star player.

That's just me though. Best of luck to him and the Knicks.

kobe4thewinbang
Why go somewhere else if he likes it in NY and getting all that money? We don't even know the contract details yet, I'm just assuming it's $129mil.Uh, did I miss something? Pretty sure he was going to have max deals in other places too. I mean, hey, I guess one more contract year is better than 4 others with just the same amount of money! It's not like he'd already be getting MILLIONS of dollars. Quit trying to justify this clown. But hey, what do I know, maybe he bought 200 exotic cars and 200 mansions like all the other stupid athletes do and now he needs all that money. You act like he's homeless or something.

DarkKnight

why so upset, melo was playing the game. He was never a FA , so he wanted to see what it was like

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 04:57 PM
the nba has changed

Changed since when? Dirk won in 2011 by himself with role players. Spurs don't have one guy who is a top tier superstar in their prime and just completely dismantled the Heat.

Now I see why you don't provide much reasoning to your points and throw out "etc." after one example - cause they are garbage.

Laker Legend42
You're not a Lakers fanjust because I'm not crazy about the lakers not maxing out another 30 year old vet makes me not a lakers fan? Wow!

MelanconMadness
Again, this is not a Lakers/Knicks issue. It's a 'why not go somewhere else in general.' I bet you right now the bulls will do better next season than the Knicks will, and so will Houston. Your argument is that the west is harder to win. That's true, but it also shows Melo's character. He knows he can't hack it out west and will settle for the fickle love of the MSG crowd until the Knicks stink it up again.

Or maybe he really likes playing in NY? He played in the west for 8 years, got to the WCF, so he could "hack" it out west, maybe he just doesn't want to? And I trust Phil more than I would trust jimbo to put a competitive team on the court

kobe4thewinbang
I don't think he'll take the full max in NY either. Still, for the Lakers, it was a bad idea to dish out 20+ mill for Melo when we're rebuilding.

He's a great player, I just want to rebuild like a normal team for once instead of giving up all our assets/cap room for a star player.

That's just me though. Best of luck to him and the Knicks.To rebuild, LAL needs to actually, you know, start rebuilding the team.

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Or maybe he really likes playing in NY? He played in the west for 8 years, got to the WCF, so he could "hack" it out west, maybe he just doesn't want to? And I trust Phil more than I would trust jimbo to put a competitive team on the courtYeah. He doesn't want to. He'd rather be a fool's king in MSG.

DarkKnight
07-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Uh, did I miss something? Pretty sure he was going to have max deals in other places too. I mean, hey, I guess one more contract year is better than 4 others with just the same amount of money! It's not like he'd already be getting MILLIONS of dollars. Quit trying to justify this clown. But hey, what do I know, maybe he bought 200 exotic cars and 200 mansions like all the other stupid athletes do and now he needs all that money. You act like he's homeless or something.
would you turn down that much $$ . I know I wouldn't . It's so easy to say when its not you

InRoseWeTrust
07-09-2014, 05:00 PM
would you turn down that much $$ . I know I wouldn't . It's so easy to say when its not you

Hell to the no.

MelanconMadness
Yeah. He doesn't want to. He'd rather be a fool's king in MSG.

So very salty for a guy that wants the lakers to rebuild. Shouldn't have given the max to Kobe when he was starting to break down. If you wanna start talking about the millionaires that want money, you could start right at home. Kobe didn't mind taking millions from the lakers while not even having to be at the staples center

SILVER SEAVER
Why go somewhere else if he likes it in NY and getting all that money? We don't even know the contract details yet, I'm just assuming it's $129mil.

Do you think he throws away another season next year if the deal isn't worth 129 million? He's not dropping a penny off that 129 million if he has to go to war with J.R. Smith and Jose Calderon as the next best players on the team. The guy says out of one side of his mouth that he can't waste another year of his prime and then out of the other side he's saying "DEAL".

Laker Legend42
07-09-2014, 05:01 PM

I don't think he's bad. He also wasn't the missing piece to the lakers championship puzzle.

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 05:01 PM
would you turn down that much $$ . I know I wouldn't . It's so easy to say when its not youHow many times do I have to tell you he's already a MULTI MILLIONAIRE?!
And that joining a different team would still give him more MILLIONS?

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 05:03 PM
So very salty for a guy that wants the lakers to rebuild. Shouldn't have given the max to Kobe when he was starting to break down. If you wanna start talking about the millionaires that want money, you could start right at home. Kobe didn't mind taking millions from the lakers while not even having to be at the staples centerNever said every stupid athlete wasn't just as greedy. At least Kobe's done *something* to relatively warrant that payday.

mudvayne387

"Waah, I want to win."

*resigns with Knicks*

Better chance of winning in NY than in LA with that mess of a roster...

NYKnickFanatic
PSD was getting weird with people wanting him on their teams. Now things are starting to feel right at home. Melo hate is back!

Hawkize31
07-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Because he has made $135,000,000 in his career. He will likely finish at over $250,000,000.

If its $250,000,000 or its $275,000,000 or its $300,000,000 does it make much of a difference? Either way, he and his children and their children will be taken care of for life.

Now the difference between 0 rings and 1 ring - that will be pretty noticeable - and something that will hang over Carmelo his entire life.

MelanconMadness
07-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Melo warrants the pay day. It's not his job to put a decent team together. The Knicks wouldn't have brought in Phil if they weren't in win now mode. If melo resigns, pieces will start to fall whether it's this offseason by trading amare and or bargs or waiting on their contracts to expire.

Quinnsanity
07-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Probably the wrong decision, but I see why he's making it. Now let's hope we can make a serious run at Gasol/Love/Rondo/Aldridge next year.

SILVER SEAVER
07-09-2014, 05:06 PM

Yeah but then don't tell everybody you're all about winning the chip either because taking that money seals his fate unless he requests a trade like he did with Denver and that was after he sign an extension with them. He doesn't know what the heck he wants. If you can't turn down 129 million then just say this is too good of an offer to pass up because it's security for my family God forbid something happens to me and I get hurt. I just hate when players say to the media that "I am ALL about winning." No you aren't. You are about getting paid first and if winning follows so be it but their dollars are numero uno. Can't say I blame them but they shouldn't get on their high horse to sound so Jordan like.

DarkKnight
07-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Because he has made $135,000,000 in his career. He will likely finish at over $250,000,000.

If its $250,000,000 or its $275,000,000 or its $300,000,000 does it make much of a difference? Either way, he and his children and their children will be taken care of for life.

Now the difference between 0 rings and 1 ring - that will be pretty noticeable - and something that will hang over Carmelo his entire life.
new era, Phil says hello

5ass
07-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Its hard to leave your hometown, Phil Jackson and all that money behind. Expected move.

HYFR
07-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Why are we assuming melo is taking the max?

SILVER SEAVER
07-09-2014, 05:10 PM
new era, Phil says hello

I guess what everybody says about Phil is right.... when he brings out all 13 rings and needs to borrow somebody else's hand to display them all you can't say no to the ZenMaster.

NFLNBA
07-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I don't understand why he would chose New York. I get the East Sux but the Knicks roster is awful! Also all this extra 30 mil is absurd. He just gets a extra year. Not like he won't be playing that 5th year somewhere lol I understand not choosing Bulls because that's a big price cut but Kobe, Randle, Gasol, Melo is better than Iman, Bargani, Calderon, Melo and TW offered him big money as well and he lives in LA.

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I guess what everybody says about Phil is right.... when he brings out all 13 rings and needs to borrow somebody else's hand to display them all you can't say no to the ZenMaster.

Rings on the toes brah.

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 05:13 PM
I don't understand why he would chose New York. I get the East Sux but the Knicks roster is awful! Also all this extra 30 mil is absurd. He just gets a extra year. Not like he won't be playing that 5th year somewhere lol I understand not choosing Bulls because that's a big price cut but Kobe, Randle, Gasol, Melo is better than Iman, Bargani, Calderon, Melo and TW offered him big money as well and he lives in LA.

Except he gets to sign that 5th year smack dab in his prime instead of signing that 5th year at the age of 35. If Wade took the max in 2010, he would be making like 23-25M next year. If he signed for 4 (basically did since he opted out), his value is about 10-12M now. Thats why you want the 5th year.

DarkKnight
07-09-2014, 05:14 PM

Phil and Pat have that going for them

5ass
07-09-2014, 05:14 PM

That Lakers wouldn't have been contenders anyway. Its no ring next year either way, might as well stay in NY and secure another 30 mill and not get hated by your hometown.

DarkKnight
07-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Chicago had the better team. Who knows how Kobe will be , health wise

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Kobe is done. A blown Achilles is hands down the most difficult, semi regularly occurring basketball injury to come back from. FAR more complicated to return from than say an ACL. At Kobe's age... with all those miles he's going to be Billups 2.0 and already has been so far. It's not that you blow the Achilles again, but rather that the rest of your body gets thrown off an imbalanced. Plus he will never have the same lift/explosiveness again.

Laker Legend42
What I don't like is when fans start talking about how these players are selfish because of the money they make. If you were in a similar position on your job you would do the same. So stop. Melo would have been dumb to leave that kind of money on the table. Coming to LA would not have gotten him any closer to a ring,so why not get paid and see what pjax can do?

Jamiecballer
I like this because it means NY hasn't gotten any smarter and that's good for my Raps

east fb knicks
07-09-2014, 05:19 PM
why make a thread it's not official yet

majmarcus
07-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Chicago had the better team. Who knows how Kobe will be , health wise

Thats the point dude. 100% Kobe or not, LA was still a more attractive way that made sense--more so than NY. But it is what it is and its gone be what its gone be. I hope Management dont fold up like lil *****es but instead go and see how much itll cost to get Lance to blow in Kobe's ear during practice...

FlashBolt
07-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Yeah, this really isn't official but more-so a report that he's most likely considering it. My guess is he does stay in NY because 15-16 is a huge year for Knicks in terms of making off-season improvements.

J4KOP99
07-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Some best friend...

"Hey man, since you're my best friend, I'm gonna let you know I'm staying in ny."

"Damn man, that's awesome."

"... Hmm, I gotta call frank isola immediately!"

More-Than-Most
07-09-2014, 05:44 PM
The knicks will never be a contender now. Before people say I hate... I have said for years they should let him walk or trade him or never have gotten him... Now they are giving him that insane contract????? MORONIC.

More-Than-Most
07-09-2014, 05:45 PM
well I guess now all the teams fans that missed out on signing melo can go back to melo-hating again.

Bulls fans last week- "if we get melo we are winning it all, by far the best team in the league"
Bulls Fans today- "Melo is trash, Knicks are gonna suck as long as they have that loser"

What about all the knick fans that wanted him gone or were happy he was leaving and didnt want him getting close to a max contract? because it was 95 percent of you and it was correct

QueensG_718
07-09-2014, 05:50 PM
So melo goes back to being a bad player in this forum lmao...u mad?!?!?! U guys are a joke. You were drooling over him a couple hours ago wanting him to go to your favorite team. GTFOH

MelanconMadness
07-09-2014, 05:55 PM
He's going to return to Syracuse. Already knows boeheim's system, won a title there, good team every year, and still has 3 years eligibility

Gibby23
07-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Kobe is done. A blown Achilles is hands down the most difficult, semi regularly occurring basketball injury to come back from. FAR more complicated to return from than say an ACL. At Kobe's age... with all those miles he's going to be Billups 2.0 and already has been so far. It's not that you blow the Achilles again, but rather that the rest of your body gets thrown off an imbalanced. Plus he will never have the same lift/explosiveness again.

lol. Taking shots at Kobe for no reason. 5 of those banners in Staples are in part because of Kobe. He may be done, but he has done more than the other team in Staples.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Check your 'source' next time..

Newsday reported that New York Knicks coach Derek Fisher hadn't been told that Anthony had decided to re-sign with the team, despite a report saying he had.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11196159&city=newyork&src=desktop&ex_cid=null

east fb knicks
07-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Yeah, this really isn't official but more-so a report that he's most likely considering it. My guess is he does stay in NY because 15-16 is a huge year for Knicks in terms of making off-season improvements.

not if that biach lbj goes to the cavs

smood999
07-09-2014, 06:13 PM

New management, lots of cap room next off season and do you not remember how bad the Knicks were the 10 plus yrs before Melo got to NY?

thenaj17
07-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Its never about one thing. Its your livelihood were talking about here. Money, family, location, and yes - winning and trusting in Phil to deliver all play a part.

You say it's his livelihood as if 4 years $96m he could easily get elsewhere isn't enough to feed his family for the next 1000 years...

Chicago with Melo would be light years ahead of where the Knicks are right now unless LeBron is also on his way

Jays Claw
07-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Stay in NY Melo you melon head!

KnickaBocka.44
07-09-2014, 06:15 PM
New management, lots of cap room next off season and do you not remember how bad the Knicks were the 10 plus yrs before Melo got to NY?

Don't bother man, that guy doesn't know what he's feeling -- let alone what he's thinking or typing.

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2014, 06:18 PM

Yu do realize the Lakers suck?

MonroeFAN
Terrible decision, that team will never be good.

Sorry knick fan friends.

RLundi
lol. Taking shots at Kobe for no reason. 5 of those banners in Staples are in part because of Kobe. He may be done, but he has done more than the other team in Staples.

He's not taking shots, he's merely telling the truth. Because you're a homer you view any negativity-- even if it's built on very real possibilities-- as "hate" or "taking shots."

Melo would be a fool to go to Los Angeles. Kobe will be a crutch to that franchise until he retires. They have no vision until he retires. And they will not win or truly compete, again, until he retires.

Kobe has done amazing things for the Lakers in his career. "Has. Done," past tense. It's time for him to bow out gracefully.

lamzoka
07-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 50s

Makes no ****ing sense. LIKE ZERO

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2014, 06:21 PM

Sorry knick fan friends.

Now we know how Piston fans feel

DarkKnight
07-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Yu do realize the Lakers suck?

no they have Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Scott, cooper, and Rambis. They'll be just fine

smood999
07-09-2014, 06:24 PM

Also, the only time he's ever missed the playoffs. Not only that, you can put just about any player in comparison with LeBron and the sentence will read a similar way.

smood999
07-09-2014, 06:28 PM
the nba has changed

It's always been that way...look how many HOF's are on the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Spurs dynasties. The only difference is that players weren't colluding to make one. Also, the Knicks have cap space and just about all their draft picks now and new management...so who knows? I'm sure everyone wrote off Pierce and Allen before they joined forces with Garnett.

fin_frenzy_84
If he does stay with the Knicks then he is obviously about the money. Even with Phil in NY. That mess will take Phil several years to rebuild that team. Melo will NEVER win in NY unless they manage to dump Amare and sign Lebron but that is a long shot.

Muttman73
$$$ over winning, the NBA at its best

YashBoone
07-09-2014, 06:29 PM
I feel like people are missing one points.
I have heard over and over that if melo stays with the Knicks then he obviously lied and is going to stay with the money. He must not care about winning.

To me, yeah the money thing is there, but how about maybe he is gonna be loyal and buy in to what Jackson is presenting to him. Maybe he legit feels like thingh are about to turn around in my... And we can offer him the most lol.

Laker fans seem really but hurt right now.
I almost want to have him sign in la just to see all of you change your whole tune

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2014, 06:29 PM
$$$ over winning, the nba at its best

m.o.w

YashBoone
07-09-2014, 06:31 PM

Sorry knick fan friends.

Times have changed my friend.
We have people in place now who know how to win.
Of course we still have to build and compete on the court, but phil and Derrick and this little "experiment" as they call it, may just be what this franchise needs

MonroeFAN
07-09-2014, 06:31 PM

Sorry knick fan friends.

Now we know how Piston fans feel

you continue to become more ******** as the days grow longer.

Pistons are one of the most winningest teams in basketball in the last decade.

You wish you had half the success we've enjoyed as a franchise during the actual era in which basketball actually mean't anything. Congrats on being a good team when little white guys were playing.

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2014, 06:32 PM

You wish you had half the success we've enjoyed as a franchise during the actual era in which basketball actually mean't anything.

We're talking about now, you're still stuck in the past. The Pistons suck, look at the contracts you guys dished out the last couple of years.

Gibby23
07-09-2014, 06:32 PM
He's not taking shots, he's merely telling the truth. Because you're a homer you view any negativity-- even if it's built on very real possibilities-- as "hate" or "taking shots."

Melo would be a fool to go to Los Angeles. Kobe will be a crutch to that franchise until he retires. They have no vision until he retires. And they will not win or truly compete, again, until he retires.

Kobe has done amazing things for the Lakers in his career. "Has. Done," past tense. It's time for him to bow out gracefully.

He didn't say anything about Melo. Why are you mad? Because your 1st round picks combined for 10 points in a summer league game?

Highlanderlaker
07-09-2014, 06:35 PM
As a laker fan I'm praying this is true we do not need another 30 year old on this team it's time to build from the bottoms with some younger fellas and work our way back up. We had enough people last year that couldn't play any defense and took bad shots and were gonna have another one this year it's time to rebuild.

HYFR
07-09-2014, 06:36 PM
If he does stay with the Knicks then he is obviously about the money. Even with Phil in NY. That mess will take Phil several years to rebuild that team. Melo will NEVER win in NY unless they manage to dump Amare and sign Lebron but that is a long shot.

What is up with all this "it'll take years to clean up" garbage? Please be informed before you post

smood999
07-09-2014, 06:38 PM
If bad teams stayed bad forever, teams like MIA and DAL would not have one titles recently, the Bulls would not have been able to dominate the 90's...it takes luck and good management...right now the jury is out on the Knicks. I'm not sure how they can be judged going forward based on the past. Again... new management, money and all draft picks except 1 (2016). The cupboard is not necessarily bare. There may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2014, 06:39 PM

You wish you had half the success we've enjoyed as a franchise during the actual era in which basketball actually mean't anything.

We're talking about now, you're still stuck in the past. The Pistons suck, look at the contracts you guys dished out the last couple of years.

whatever man, i love ya. Sorry, I'll be a die hard Knicks and pistons fan until the day I die, i still think hes makin a mistake.

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2014, 06:41 PM
whatever man, i love ya. Sorry, I'll be a die hard Knicks and pistons fan until the day I die, i still think hes makin a mistake.

I hope he goes to the Lakers, I've never been a fan of his and giving him the max will be a HUGE mistake

lakerfan85
07-09-2014, 06:51 PM
I hope he goes to the Lakers, I've never been a fan of his and giving him the max will be a HUGE mistake

No, he has to stay with the Knicks.. Also LOL at you sig!!

cahawk
07-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Melo would have been crazy to play with kobe.
Lakers are done till kobe & his bloated salary is gone.

knicks09
07-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Salty lmao

J4KOP99
07-09-2014, 06:57 PM
I can't even believe the lakers offered him that much. What's the point? Kobe-melo-gasol isn't winning ****.

I know you Knicks fans want melo, but if he actually re-signs fr a max deal, I'm not sure how happy you can be...

Either way, the Knicks and the lakers won't be winning **** for at least the next 2 years.

shep33
07-09-2014, 06:58 PM

Two years. But we'll still have cap room in each of those years to acquire another good player.

Hope Melo doesn't take the max, cause that would screw New York badly

Laker Legend42
07-09-2014, 06:59 PM
$$$ over winning, the NBA at its best

You can't knock the man for getting his money. Ultimately the money is what you do it for. Let's face it. There aren't a lot of Tim Duncan's running around. The majority of the guys in the league view what they do as a job. Not everybody is in it for the rings.

Laker Legend42
07-09-2014, 07:02 PM
If Chicago and Houston fans are upset blame your so called "superstars". The comments about recruiting players not being your job could not have helped your case.

Kyben36
07-09-2014, 07:02 PM
wrong choice, i would have loved him in chicago, or he even has a better shot in Houston, but this is a dumb move if he really wants to win. we will see though.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2014, 07:04 PM

I remember you. You and SoxSuns fan or something like that were real active back before the Lakers were good in 08. You guys had a lot to say back then. Same stuff your saying now. Guess you're like a ground hog and come out every time the Lakers have a bad year.

Kobe's contract is for 2 years. One year longer than Amare's. Or two years shorter than Gordon Haywards awful deal. Or shorter than any other bad contract. Do you always go on and on how those guys contracts are going to drag those teams down? Or is it still like 6 years ago where you let the success or failure of a team you are not even a fan of affect your mood?

RLundi
07-09-2014, 07:17 PM
He didn't say anything about Melo. Why are you mad? Because your 1st round picks combined for 10 points in a summer league game?

Feel free to peruse the thread then. This was about Melo making a wise decision and spurning the Lakers.

Nothing I said was inaccurate. You're just butthurt and oblivious that he and I are presenting largely predictable scenarios.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2014, 07:21 PM
He was not going to win in NY or LA. But for those of you who so happily state that "the Lakers suck", there are at least reasons for us to be where we are at.

One team just went through 18 years of championship contention. The other has seen some of the worst basketball played for the past 15 years.

One team won 5 titles in 10 years. And been to the finals on average every other year for the past 14 years. The other won 2 in the last 42 years.

One team has older stars who were part of that dynasty coming to the end of their career. The other has players who have never accomplished anything making more money than multiple time champions.

One team didn't make the playoffs in the west which is understandable. One didn't make it in the east with a couple of teams who were trying to tank the season still make it in front of them.

One team got a top 7 pick and a very good young player. The other got a pick in the second round and certain people try to hype him up so much to make it seem like all 30 teams made a mistake by not taking him. Or got a guy in Larkin who couldn't get off the bench by the decision of a good coach in Carlisle. But he's the savior right?

Dynasties come to an end. The 60's Celtics. The 80's Lakers and Celtics, the 90's Bulls still haven't recovered. And now the 2000 Lakers.

So lets get one thing straight. There are different reasons for sucking. One is to be the very best for over a decade and have the run come to an end due to age. And the other is to suck due to bad decisions, bad drafts, bad contracts, bad coaching hires, and bad upper management. So remember why things are the way they are when the word Lakers come out of you mouths.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Feel free to peruse the thread then. This was about Melo making a wise decision and spurning the Lakers.

Nothing I said was inaccurate. You're just butthurt and oblivious that he and I are presenting largely predictable scenarios.
Why are you concentrated on the Lakers? You know the Bulls are really the ones that got spurned right? Every Bulls fan wanted him. It was 60-40 for Lakers fans. The Lakers were not even supposed to get a meeting. Everyone knows players don't want competition. They know Lebron and Melo are not going to come to the west. The Bulls should feel pissed off because they actually would have made it to the finals with Melo.

Sadds The Gr8
07-09-2014, 07:26 PM
I like this because it means NY hasn't gotten any smarter and that's good for my Raps
this

QueensG_718
07-09-2014, 07:49 PM
A bunch of sour people here. I wasn't hearing this talk when he was available.

shep33
07-09-2014, 07:51 PM

I'd say about 60-70% of the Laker forum didn't want him. Makes zero sense to have another player put us in the exact same position we're in now with Kobe

Kashmir13579
07-09-2014, 07:53 PM

I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets a no-trade clause. this better be the case, otherwise we're ****ed. I've just never known melo to be unselfish, on or off the court.

Kashmir13579
07-09-2014, 07:54 PM

I'd say about 60-70% of the Laker forum didn't want him. Makes zero sense to have another player put us in the exact same position we're in now with Kobe Bulls fans wanted him hard..

shep33
07-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Bulls fans wanted him hard..

Yeah, to be fair though, I think we can all agree that as a basketball fit right now it made the most sense.

I hope he takes a discount with the Knicks though. Allow for some more wiggle room to help the team out next year

KnickaBocka.44
07-09-2014, 08:06 PM

You wish you had half the success we've enjoyed as a franchise during the actual era in which basketball actually mean't anything. Congrats on being a good team when little white guys were playing.

They absolutely are not. They haven't had a winning record in 6 seasons.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Lose lose situation.

Seizabmc
07-09-2014, 08:17 PM
It's funny how when people thought they had a chance for melo to join there team they loved melo and were acting all excited like little kids.

But now that he is going to resign with the knicks,( something I knew he was going to do the whole time,he was just toying with the lakers and bulls and Houston .)

Now every body wants to say he's a scrub.

Why would melo want to go play with a washed up Kobe who is getting paid way to much money and is taking up a lot of cap.

Just face it, nobody wants to go play for the lakers anymore.
Your time has past!

Phil Jackson is now back to his home where he started at in NY,

And now the knicks will be able to get all the benifits of having Phil run our team.

The main reason the lakers were so good for so long was because of Phil.

Phil made Kobe !

And now Phil will help turn melo into a superior player.

And hopefully help bring the crown back to NY !

Smart move by melo !

I'm sure Kobe even told melo that he would be stupid to leave the knicks, especially to join the lakers .

The only good thing the lakers have going for them is the rook randle.

And that's if he can translate his game to the nba leval.

Time will only tell.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2014, 08:18 PM
I am glad he chose the Knicks over the Bulls or Houston though. The Knicks are Lakers east with Phil, Fish, and Lamar. I love those guys and want to see them succeed.

blahblahyoutoo
07-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Melo is a stud. But it just didn't make sense for us to give him that kind of money for a 30 year old.

but it makes sense to give a 36 yr old $25M a year, amirite?

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-09-2014, 08:19 PM

but it makes sense to give a 36 yr old $25M a year, amirite?
5 rings laugh at you.

blahblahyoutoo
07-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Championships dont pay the bills money do i would of done the same thing if i was him

yeah, melo need to feed he kizz homes.

stambrose84
07-09-2014, 08:20 PM
136 million for 5 years
ZERO Championships

Priceless

Kashmir13579
07-09-2014, 08:24 PM

Yeah, to be fair though, I think we can all agree that as a basketball fit right now it made the most sense.

I hope he takes a discount with the Knicks though. Allow for some more wiggle room to help the team out next year its pjax bro... the zen. He woo'd Dolan, and I still have to hold out that he woo'd melo to take less. show him the rings. Melo already ****ed us once when he forced the trade, he can make things right, here.

RLundi
07-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Why are you concentrated on the Lakers? You know the Bulls are really the ones that got spurned right? Every Bulls fan wanted him. It was 60-40 for Lakers fans. The Lakers were not even supposed to get a meeting. Everyone knows players don't want competition. They know Lebron and Melo are not going to come to the west. The Bulls should feel pissed off because they actually would have made it to the finals with Melo.

Making a comment makes me concentrated on the Lakers? Bulls never offered Melo the max, LA did. So idk why it seems like you're shifting or spreading the rejection. I'm not saying it as a bad thing. It is what it is.

PSD fans don't matter, management does. And the Lakers pushed hard for Melo and he rightfully spurned them. What do fans have to logically do with this?

My point is Melo chose wisely in not choosing the Lakers, especially if he did so because of Kobe.

Kashmir13579
07-09-2014, 08:27 PM
yeah, melo need to feed he kizz homes. lol i was planning to drop a spree reference depending on how things shape out.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2014, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Seizabmc;28758968]It's funny how when people thought they had a chance for melo to join there team they loved melo and were acting all excited like little kids.

Did you go into the Lakers forum? People were flaming each other arguing back and forth about wanting Melo. You can look at my post history and see where I fell on that. Hint hint: Didn't want him.

But now that he is going to resign with the knicks,( something I knew he was going to do the whole time,he was just toying with the lakers and bulls and Houston .)

Now every body wants to say he's a scrub.

You act like people were never critical of Melo before all of this? Would you not say that Knick fans started acting like "Melo sucked anyway and Phil has a plan","we are better off without him" bla bla bla

Why would melo want to go play with a washed up Kobe who is getting paid way to much money and is taking up a lot of cap.
Well, Melo signed to play with Amare so we just assumed he was into that sort of thing.

Just face it, nobody wants to go play for the lakers anymore.
Your time has past!

So two guys mean nobody? Great to know

Phil Jackson is now back to his home where he started at in NY,
Phil doesn't even want to be there. He wanted to be with the Lakers. He wanted to coach the Lakers, he even complained about having to leave L.A. in his introduction ceremony for the Knicks lol.

And now the knicks will be able to get all the benifits of having Phil run our team.
Hes the GM, not the coach.

The main reason the lakers were so good for so long was because of Phil.

Actually, they won 12 before he even came here. Phil helped with 5

Phil made Kobe !
If Phil just makes players into all time greats, why havnt there been way more on his teams if its just that easy?

And now Phil will help turn melo into a superior player.
Melo is 30 years old. He is what he is. He is only going to deteriorate from here on out.

And hopefully help bring the crown back to NY !

When was in NY again?

Smart move by melo !
For his pockets, yes. For basketball reasons, no

I'm sure Kobe even told melo that he would be stupid to leave the knicks, especially to join the lakers .
No

The only good thing the lakers have going for them is the rook randle.
More than the Knicks got going for them. Oh wait you got the 36th pick. Nevermind

And that's if he can translate his game to the nba leval.

Time will only tell.[/
First correct statement of the entire post

blahblahyoutoo
07-09-2014, 08:31 PM
5 rings laugh at you.

i fail to see how past accomplishments have anything to do with overpaying an old, injured kobe who hasn't played a meaningful game in nearly 2 years.

YashBoone
07-09-2014, 08:35 PM
this

this.......... is bs.
anyone in their right mind would love to have melo's talents if ....... they can get him to play as part of a team system, and incase you have been living under a rock for the past 20 years or sadly just a young kid who doesn;t know jack ****, that is EXACTLY what jackson has done for a couple of selfish superstars.

Not saying its guaranteed, and will gladly except the fact that this is a project, but knicks are in a better position then they have been in years.

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 08:40 PM
So many sauces but still no official news.

LA_Raiders
07-09-2014, 09:25 PM
It's all about the $; good for him. Too bad there may not be any ships with that deal...

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 09:30 PM
How can we even believe anything at this point?

omdigga
07-09-2014, 09:35 PM
im a knick fan..and i'll be happy if he comes back, dont really care about how much we pay him. but if he really meant what he was talking about all along.. how does he pass up the bulls?

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2014, 09:58 PM
im a knick fan..and i'll be happy if he comes back, dont really care about how much we pay him. but if he really meant what he was talking about all along.. how does he pass up the bulls?

Because it's M.O.E

I hope he goes to the Lakers

Aust
07-09-2014, 09:59 PM
:dance:

**** yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

bucketss
07-09-2014, 10:00 PM
136 million for 5 years
ZERO Championships

Priceless

136 million >????????????????????????????? WTF

cssdmark
07-09-2014, 10:02 PM
First things first Melo said do not believe it until he signs on the dotted line. This reminds me of the beginning of that song Lil Wayne made. Haters in the building oh I mean haters on the forum. For all you LA fans that were crying along with Kobe and Magic when Phil left for NYC (haters) and are now mad that Melo may not play with 37 year old bad Achilles Kobe, vertigo having Gasol and 40 year old broke down Steve Nash plus take less money to try and help Kobe get a 6th ring so he can think he is at Jordan's level. NOT. Also Chicago you know you will always be the 2nd city, you cannot be NYC and you will always have to draft your players because your like Minnesota, no one wants to go there unless drafted. Melo may end up in Miami who knows but you guys just need to stop hating because you MAD. Crawl back into your little holes you call a life and stop HATING.

cssdmark
07-09-2014, 10:07 PM
It's all about the $; good for him. Too bad there may not be any ships with that deal...

If he wants to buy a ship he will be making enough money to do so and we will see about the championships.

Crackadalic
07-09-2014, 10:10 PM
If Carmelo is Smart he would get a opt out his fourth year after getting a max player in 2015.

cssdmark
07-09-2014, 10:11 PM
He was not going to win in NY or LA. But for those of you who so happily state that "the Lakers suck", there are at least reasons for us to be where we are at.

One team just went through 18 years of championship contention. The other has seen some of the worst basketball played for the past 15 years.

One team won 5 titles in 10 years. And been to the finals on average every other year for the past 14 years. The other won 2 in the last 42 years.

One team has older stars who were part of that dynasty coming to the end of their career. The other has players who have never accomplished anything making more money than multiple time champions.

One team didn't make the playoffs in the west which is understandable. One didn't make it in the east with a couple of teams who were trying to tank the season still make it in front of them.

One team got a top 7 pick and a very good young player. The other got a pick in the second round and certain people try to hype him up so much to make it seem like all 30 teams made a mistake by not taking him. Or got a guy in Larkin who couldn't get off the bench by the decision of a good coach in Carlisle. But he's the savior right?

Dynasties come to an end. The 60's Celtics. The 80's Lakers and Celtics, the 90's Bulls still haven't recovered. And now the 2000 Lakers.

So lets get one thing straight. There are different reasons for sucking. One is to be the very best for over a decade and have the run come to an end due to age. And the other is to suck due to bad decisions, bad drafts, bad contracts, bad coaching hires, and bad upper management. So remember why things are the way they are when the word Lakers come out of you mouths.
You are right but your run is done. Like all great empires they fall look at the Yankees the greatest sports franchise doing the same. If Dr. Buss was running the show it maybe different but now you have Jimbo & Jeanie and they are making bad decisions, how many coaches in the past two years, you had the best coach under your nose and hired Dumbtoni instead, thank you for taking the Knicks place.

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 10:15 PM
If Carmelo is Smart he would get a opt out his fourth year after getting a max player in 2015.

Is he smart though?

cssdmark
07-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Haaaayyyy must be the money.

RowBTrice
07-09-2014, 10:19 PM

Is he smart though?

Naw!

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Is he smart though?

Lol naw

ABOMB_56
07-09-2014, 10:35 PM
This forum is a joke. Posters were crying left and right about super teams this and super teams that and how they were ruining the game. Posters were crushing the big 3 for taking the "easy way out" and teaming up which required the sacrifice of a max salary when they all deserved it. Now, when Melo is doing what is best for himself financially, he gets derided as a money-hungry loser who doesn't want to win a ring. You can't have it both ways. Don't flip-flop between money-hungry diva and ring-chaser who needs others to help him win a ring.

RowBTrice
07-09-2014, 10:37 PM
This forum is a joke. Posters were crying left and right about super teams this and super teams that and how they were ruining the game. Posters were crushing the big 3 for taking the "easy way out" and teaming up which required the sacrifice of a max salary when they all deserved it. Now, when Melo is doing what is best for himself financially, he gets derided as a money-hungry loser who doesn't want to win a ring. You can't have it both ways. Don't flip-flop between money-hungry diva and ring-chaser who needs others to help him win a ring.

Melo said himself winning was more important than money. Obviously not

Melo didn't conspire with 2 of his buddies to all end up with the same team, completely ******* over2 other teams in the process.

Completely different situations guy.

ABOMB_56
07-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Melo said himself winning was more important than money. Obviously not

Melo didn't conspire with 2 of his buddies to all end up with the same team, completely ******* over2 other teams in the process.

Completely different situations guy.

I was just using them as an example, but regardless of what Melo said, maybe Phil laid out a plan that Melo thinks will be successful. If he took a major paycut to play for your Bulls would he be a ring-chaser? All I'm saying is that people blur the lines between a superstar being a ring-chaser b/c of teaming up with other superstars and being a money hungry person who is only looking out for themselves. The fact of the matter is that if Melo took a paycut, people would be equally as vocal by calling him a coward and a ring chaser and taking the easy way out etc... Why can't it be a possibility that he wants to bring home a championship back to MSG and is willing to stick it out throughout the entire process?

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Melo is basically doing the opposite of what he said is important to him.

RowBTrice
07-09-2014, 10:45 PM

This.

ABOMB_56
07-09-2014, 10:46 PM

Says who? Maybe Phil laid out a plan that would vault the Knicks into contender status within the next three years. We don't know what was presented to him so all we are doing is speculating, unfairly at that, that Melo is just staying in NY for the money.

What happened to all the posters who were deriding Lebron as a bandwagon hopper? And how he should stick it out through the ups and downs. Shouldn't we be applauding Melo for trying to lift the Knicks on his shoulders into championship contenders without teaming up with a second star?

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2014, 10:51 PM

Pretty much.

I hope he changes his mind and takes the Laker offer

NYSpirit1
07-09-2014, 10:56 PM
This.

You're just upset he didn't sign with your injured Bulls.

You have no idea what the contract is he's going to sign, what type of discount he's going to give and what Phil said to him. The Isola report states that Melo wants to 'get it done in NY'. Bring us a title.

And we'll have a lot of cap next year. So thanks tho.

fin_frenzy_84
07-09-2014, 11:02 PM

**** yeah we did because we would be in the hunt for a ring the very first season. He does not have a chance in his first season in NY.

fin_frenzy_84
07-09-2014, 11:03 PM
You're just upset he didn't sign with your injured Bulls.

You have no idea what the contract is he's going to sign, what type of discount he's going to give and what Phil said to him. The Isola report states that Melo wants to 'get it done in NY'. Bring us a title.

And we'll have a lot of cap next year. So thanks tho.

He hasn't even signed yet. Chill before Melo breaks your heart. I have heard several reports that said no team has been notified. Like come on dude, dont get hyped up because of one report lol

NYSpirit1
07-09-2014, 11:13 PM
He hasn't even signed yet. Chill before Melo breaks your heart. I have heard several reports that said no team has been notified. Like come on dude, dont get hyped up because of one report lol

Frank Isola put his career on the line and he's one of the best local beat writers around here. It's a done deal. Trust the report.

I think you need to realize that the Bulls are going to be re-signed to winning 45 games a year for the next 5 years with Grant Hill at PG.

NYKNYGNYY
07-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Okay now we can all go back to every team who coveteted him saying he sucks again

J4KOP99
07-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Tweet this to Isola:

"If you're wrong, you have to fix your teeth."

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Tweet this to Isola:

"If you're wrong, you have to fix your teeth."

@FisolaNYDN Frank , if you're wrong about this I'm gonna have to unfollow you. No hard feelings my friend.
6:28pm - 9 Jul 14

He's putting his career/twitter on the line

NYSpirit1
07-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Okay now we can all go back to every team who coveteted him saying he sucks again

LOL. This.

Every fan said Melo sucked. Then he starts meeting with the Bulls, Lakers, Rox and everyone thinks he's a top 5 player again

jp611
07-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Frank Isola put his career on the line and he's one of the best local beat writers around here. It's a done deal. Trust the report.

I think you need to realize that the Bulls are going to be re-signed to winning 45 games a year for the next 5 years with Grant Hill at PG.

And what will the Knicks be :laugh2:

Winning 35-40 games and missing the playoffs?

Pierzynski4Prez
07-09-2014, 11:53 PM

Considering the last like 13 years, that's a damn good year for the Knicks.