PDA

View Full Version : The Official: LeBron James News Thread: Meeting Today At 6 P.M. EST

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Seeing as there are currently 6 LeBron threads and the entire forum is going crazy, mods please help me and combine all the LeBron threads into one, to clean the forum clutter up.

Anyway:

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 23m
Sources: Today's meeting will consist of Pat Riley, LeBron James and Rich Paul, James's agent. No one else.

Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat · 13s
Confirmed: Meeting between Riley, LeBron and agent Rich Paul will begin at 6 p.m. Eastern time in Las Vegas.

By late tonight, EST, the dust should clear and everything will be known and out in the open after the meeting.

Thumper 88
07-09-2014, 02:00 PM
For fk sake stop with all the lebron threads :facepalm:

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO · 2m
LeBron expected to announce free-agent choice on http://lebronjames.com . I'd start refreshing at time of his meeting w Heat (6 pm EST).

Nikeman
For fk sake stop with all the lebron threads :facepalm:

I am trying to get all the LeBron news combined into one thread bro...

thomass
Yes one tread would be nice. I support u bro.

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Yes one tread would be nice. I support u bro.

Appreciate it, with all of us going to be posting constant updates, I hope we can consolidate it into one thread throughout the day and the next thread created is when LeBron finally picks a team.

utl768
07-09-2014, 02:08 PM
lebron probably signs a 2 yr deal with miami tonight with an opt out for next yr

Thumper 88
07-09-2014, 02:11 PM
I am trying to get all the LeBron news combined into one thread bro...

Why not just pick one of the other 20 lebron threads and just keep going with that one..

giants73756
07-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Why is this meeting newsworthy in the slightest?

LOOTERX9
07-09-2014, 02:21 PM
oh whelp. never thought lebron would ever go back to cleveland but looks like he is really going back there.

MelanconMadness
07-09-2014, 02:22 PM
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—N.B.A. superstar LeBron James said Tuesday morning that he would announce the name of the team that he is signing with on Thursday at a special session of the United Nations General Assembly to be convened especially for that purpose.

“This decision affects everyone on the planet,” James said. “I want to let all the nations on Earth know at the same time.”

http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2014/07/lebron-to-announce-decision-at-united-nations.htm

Hahaha

JNA17
07-09-2014, 02:24 PM
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—N.B.A. superstar LeBron James said Tuesday morning that he would announce the name of the team that he is signing with on Thursday at a special session of the United Nations General Assembly to be convened especially for that purpose.

“This decision affects everyone on the planet,” James said. “I want to let all the nations on Earth know at the same time.”

http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2014/07/lebron-to-announce-decision-at-united-nations.htm

Hahaha

That's just a joke right? It's just the article writer making a snide joke for hits right?

...right? 0_0 (I honestly can't tell. This really does sound like something Lebron would do)

MelanconMadness
07-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah if you read the rest of the short article it's immediately known that it's a joke

JNA17
07-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Yeah if you read the rest of the short article it's immediately known that it's a joke

Oh thank god. :laugh:

I had to clench my stomach a bit because I actually considered that it might be serious lol.

Minimal
07-09-2014, 02:28 PM
if he was staying in miami, i doubt he would be meeting with pat in las vegas. its a thank you, im going home meeting. pat didn't make any moves to keep bron in miami, roster is under question and bron already knows his decision, this pretty much lead to lebron going back

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 02:31 PM
So you open a new thread to state there are too many Lebron threads? Anyone else see the irony there?

JNA17
07-09-2014, 02:31 PM
So what exactly is the meeting between Lebron and Gilbert like again considering the backlash Gilbert unleashed on lebron 4 years ago?

JNA17
07-09-2014, 02:32 PM
So you open a new thread to state there are too many Lebron threads? Anyone else see the irony there?

I do and while it is ironic, it's also needed. I see no harm in it as long as it accomplishes what the OP wants to do.

Hawkize31
07-09-2014, 02:39 PM
So what exactly is the meeting between Lebron and Gilbert like again considering the backlash Gilbert unleashed on lebron 4 years ago?

It shouldn't be too crazy.

Gilbert: I'm sorry I said what I said after you announced your decision to leave Cleveland.

Lebron: I'm sorry for the way I announced my decision to sign with Miami.

Gilbert: We cool?

Lebron: We cool.

Gilbert: Wanna win a championship?

Lebron: Not one, not two, etc...

Minimal
07-09-2014, 02:41 PM

Gilbert: I'm sorry I said what I said after you announced your decision to leave Cleveland.

lol

JNA17
07-09-2014, 02:54 PM

*someone knocks on door*

Gilbert and Lebron: who is it?

*door opens*

Delente West: Hey Bron Bron it's your dad! Just heard the news and thought that I should come ba-

*Lebron throws anything and everything he finds in the room at West*

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Breaking. Lebron ate lunch today.

LOOTERX9
07-09-2014, 03:17 PM
biggest troll move in sports history if lebron does not go back to cleveland at this point. cleve will be crying yet again.lmao!!! This will be entertaining later..hahaha

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 03:22 PM
biggest troll move in sports history if lebron does not go back to cleveland at this point. cleve will be crying yet again.lmao!!! This will be entertaining later..hahaha

The remaining fans who didn't burn their jerseys will now LOL

JNA17
07-09-2014, 03:23 PM

And the lunch was a chipotle cheese steak. But the question remains however, did he have the sub with, or WITHOUT the chipotle?

Broussard a moment ago tells us that there is an 80% chance he had the sub WITH the chipotle. Lebron will later have a meeting about it with a Subway's cashier. The decision could be announced at any moment, tomorrow, the day after, or some time after.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our Sports Insider program for only $15 a month! Swimsuit magazines sold separately.

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 03:25 PM
And the lunch was a chipotle cheese steak. But the question remains however, did he have the sub with, or WITHOUT the chipotle?

Broussard a moment ago tells us that there is an 80% chance he had the sub WITH the chipotle. Lebron will later have a meeting about it with a Subway's cashier. The decision could be announced at any moment, tomorrow, the day after, or some time after.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our Sports Insider program for only $15 a month! Swimsuit magazines sold separately.
That actually sounds delicious

ManRam
07-09-2014, 03:25 PM

Everything is news man. :laugh:

It's amazing. This is equal parts annoying, frustrating, amazing, captivating...everything.

Like Zach Lowe said: At the very least, this is great theater: stars, bit players, surprise cameos, risky deals, fans going insane at every twist. What a league.

JNA17
07-09-2014, 03:30 PM
That actually sounds delicious

I usually get WITHOUT the chipotle at my local sub market. Not a fan of spicy foods. :p

JNA17
07-09-2014, 03:32 PM

It's amazing. This is equal parts annoying, frustrating, amazing, captivating...everything.

Like Zach Lowe said: At the very least, this is great theater: stars, bit players, surprise cameos, risky deals, fans going insane at every twist. What a league.

I sort of gave up on trying to white knight the whole thing and now just along for the ride like everyone else. It's a lot more fun that way.

WadeCounty
07-09-2014, 03:34 PM

Is that real?

ManRam
07-09-2014, 03:34 PM
FYI, I did some investigative work...LeBron has a red ferrari that looks identical to that one. Per Complex (http://www.complex.com/rides/2013/06/lebron-james-cars/).

Just trying to get as ridiculously sucked into this as possible ;)

ManRam
07-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Is that real?

Yeah. More are popping up.

https://twitter.com/SedanoESPN/status/486954251508129792

But it's just cars. Maybe he moves them regularly. Who knows. But either way, it's fun to freak out!

nastynice
07-09-2014, 03:38 PM

Hahaha

lolol

JNA17
07-09-2014, 03:39 PM
FYI, I did some investigative work...LeBron has a red ferrari that looks identical to that one. Per Complex (http://www.complex.com/rides/2013/06/lebron-james-cars/).

Just trying to get as ridiculously sucked into this as possible ;)

Red Ferrari? Pfff. How unoriginal.

If I were rich, my car would be this baby:

http://www.hi-wallpapers.com/uploads/image/201301/16/1358297016.jpg

Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren for those who don't know. :drool:

MelanconMadness
07-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah. More are popping up.

https://twitter.com/SedanoESPN/status/486954251508129792

But it's just cars. Maybe he moves them regularly. Who knows. But either way, it's fun to freak out!

Lol look at the houses is the background, honestly think that's all he could afford?

WadeCounty
07-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Lol look at the houses is the background, honestly think that's all he could afford?

Didn't he pay 100m dollars his first year in Miami for his house? A bunch of acres of land in the top 10 most expensive homes in south florida. That and Miami has a lot of exotic car export services, why would he hire a company from Orlando? lol

:O unless the Magic are the darkhorse in this no one knows about

MelanconMadness
07-09-2014, 03:45 PM

I'm hearing that he actually skipped lunch and had a large breakfast.

Also, and take it with a grain of salt, but I'm also hearing that he enjoyed breakfast so much that he has requested Pat Riley to cook him brinner before the meeting

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I usually get WITHOUT the chipotle at my local sub market. Not a fan of spicy foods. :p
I love spicy

MelanconMadness
07-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Didn't he pay 100m dollars his first year in Miami for his house? A bunch of acres of land in the top 10 most expensive homes in south florida. That and Miami has a lot of exotic car export services, why would he hire a company from Orlando? lol

:O unless the Magic are the darkhorse in this no one knows about

The bad neighborhoods in Miami have nicer homes than what those look to be. Looks like Michael Jordan's house in space jam

d00d
07-09-2014, 03:48 PM
so privileged to post in an official thread

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
LeBron be like, "Waah, I lost. Tell me how bad you want me, everybody. I'd want me...hard."

http://global3.memecdn.com/lebron-james_o_482426.jpg

:D

JNA17
07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm hearing that he actually skipped lunch and had a large breakfast.

Also, and take it with a grain of salt, but I'm also hearing that he enjoyed breakfast so much that he has requested Pat Riley to cook him brinner before the meeting

Sorry but my sauces already said that Lebron was having a cheese steak. Possibly with or without chipotle.

My sauces are never wrong.

I love spicy

We no longer have anything in common! You must die!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l71zspn4GE1qbbbteo1_500.jpg

Minimal
07-09-2014, 03:52 PM
@SedanoESPN
Two Exotic Auto Transport Trucks outside of LeBron's home have just left after loading cars.

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 03:52 PM
LeBron be like, "Waah, I lost. Tell me how bad you want me, everybody. I'd want me...hard."

http://global3.memecdn.com/lebron-james_o_482426.jpg

:D
Looool nice picture

Minimal
07-09-2014, 03:57 PM

the car in the picture is ferrari 458 spider which lebron owns, so this is legit.
http://www.dunk360.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/lebron1.jpg

ManRam
07-09-2014, 03:59 PM
We know his family is heading to Akron. Maybe he's just bringing a few cars there for a summer stay. I'm sure they spend plenty of time there in the summer. Who knows?

5ass
07-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Funny how some people on PSD spend all of their time bashing LeBron. I dont want to read your lame posts, keep it in PM. I'm in this thread to read up on any news and speculation and I dont feel I have to sort through all your ******** to find it.

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Sorry but my sauces already said that Lebron was having a cheese steak. Possibly with or without chipotle.

My sauces are never wrong.

We no longer have anything in common! You must die!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l71zspn4GE1qbbbteo1_500.jpg
I'm headed to subway

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Funny how some people on PSD spend all of their time bashing LeBron. I dont want to read your lame posts, keep it in PM. I'm in this thread to read up on any news and speculation and I dont feel I have to sort through all your ******** to find it.
Didn't know you were a mod

torocan
07-09-2014, 04:41 PM
@SedanoESPN
Two Exotic Auto Transport Trucks outside of LeBron's home have just left after loading cars.

Lol... this is actually legit. :laugh:

d00d
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM
the new big 3 in Miami

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsIJQPfIgAEZtAu.jpg:large

Riodagoat
07-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Everything that has been happening all point towards Lebron going back to CLE.
We wouldn't really know until he finally announces it, but I believe that it really is a done deal for 2 reasons:

1. After The Decision, I don't think CLE, particularly Dan Gilbert, is THAT stupid to make all these moves without a near guarantee that Lebron comes back.
2. After The Decision, I don't think Lebron is THAT stupid to play with the hearts of CLE again. He already experienced how those fans reacted when he left, and he didn't like that. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go through all this **** AGAIN.

In all honesty, I think Lebron's meeting with Riley might all just be a formality. One speculation that I have is that maybe is Lebron is trying to figure out a way he can get the Heat something in return, kinda like a S&T for picks.

But then again, I've been wrong before. This thing has to end soon.

FlashBolt
07-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Can all the LeBron threads just stop and we just continue with one of them? I know LeBron is a huge deal but 30 different threads is just confusing.

Sly Guy
07-09-2014, 05:58 PM

*someone knocks on door*

Gilbert and Lebron: who is it?

*door opens*

Delente West: Hey Bron Bron it's your dad! Just heard the news and thought that I should come ba-

*Lebron throws anything and everything he finds in the room at West*

awesome

Quinnsanity
07-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Welp, 6 PM, This is it.

Iron24th
07-09-2014, 06:02 PM

And why not calling out the ones that suck lebron?

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 11:17 PM
An update on Lebron news:

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard 2 minutes ago
Source: After meeting with Pat Riley today, LeBron James & Rich Paul will not meet with any more teams. LJ will talk w/family & make choice

David Aldridge @daldridgetnt 1 minute ago
Per source, LeBron James has all the information he needs from teams & will take no more meetings. Will spend next day+ talking w/family.

Jay King @ByJayKing 2 minutes ago
--> RT @Chris Mannix: Seems strange LeBron won't meet with Cleveland. David Blatt something of an unknown. David Griffin a new GM.

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 11:21 PM
12:01 tonight is the key guys. If Miami acquire McRobets and Granger through trades, that opens up the MLE and even BAE which means the Heat can getting at the minimum two more quality players.

I am sure Riley presented LeBron with the rest of Miami's free agency plan, and by not committing after the meeting to either Cleveland or Miami, LeBron is giving Riley time after the official signing period for Miami to make moves, and/or Cleveland a chance to trade for Love or finalize a deal with T-Wolves and have a deal in place.

If Miami's only two additions are McRoberts and Granger however, LeBron will be wearing a Cavs uniform next season, I can say that pretty confidently. If Riley, who I am sure discussed future free agency plans with LeBron comes through, then LeBron comes back to a Miami team loaded with depth and ready to compete for another championship.

Basically lets see what happens in the next 3-4 hours, I am sure twitter/espn etc etc are going to blow up at 12:01 with official signings and new signings and by tomorrow the dust should clear.