PDA

View Full Version : Tony Rizzo: Cavs Have Deal In Place For Kevin Love

black1605
07-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Tony Rizzo
‏@TheRealTRizzo
#Cavs reportedly have a deal in place for Kevin Love. Stay tuned for details.

Not sure how reliable this guy is, so delete if needed.

Killerjug
07-09-2014, 11:57 AM
here we go

KnicksorBust
07-09-2014, 11:57 AM
There it is. That's the missing piece to all of this. Kyrie-LeBron-Love = title contender for the next 5 years.

J4KOP99
07-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Now were getting somewhere. Sucks the lakers aren't involved but this should be entertaining.

black1605
07-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Steve KylerVerified account
‏@stevekylerNBA
There is stuff floating around on twitter suggesting Cavs have a trade in place for Kevin Love source close to process called it "Nonsense"

Like I said, delete if needed.

turnaround3
This guy seems reputable (http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/oh-medina/cleveland-sports-host-tony-rizzo-sentenced-monday-on-domestic-violence-charges).

Crackadalic
Kyrie Top 5 point guard in a few years
Lebron James The Goat of the current nba
K-Love Top 2 Power Forward in the nba

Champions

WITZ
07-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Holy Lebron top 6 threads are all about him :laugh2:

KnicksorBust
07-09-2014, 12:09 PM
More importantly, how many people are creating fake tony rizzo accounts?

tredigs
07-09-2014, 12:16 PM
You're citing what seems to be a known Cleveland sports homer and recently charged potential felon, so, yeah... probably a solid "delete" choice here.

Treating this topic in an alternate universe where Woj reported the speculation, I would look at it with massive surprise; what would their offer for Love be that eclipses the other potentials out there for Minny?

But yeah, anyway, we should delete this nonsense. Check your sources kids.

Dark Donnie
07-09-2014, 12:20 PM
doesn't see like a legit source. Cle guys going all in

Dade County
07-09-2014, 12:21 PM
This guy seems reputable (http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/oh-medina/cleveland-sports-host-tony-rizzo-sentenced-monday-on-domestic-violence-charges).

lol

JustinTime
07-09-2014, 12:39 PM
ESPN Cleveland @ESPNCleveland 1h

.@TheRealTRizzo with a huge rumor: #Cavs have made an offer to the Timberwolves for Kevin Love. Deal includes Andrew Wiggins.

If James joins I hope this goes through I do not want Wiggins and James on the same team.

chitown85
07-09-2014, 12:41 PM
If Tony Rizzo speaks--you listen!!;)

chitown85
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM

Champions

Maybe, but what does their bench look like? That's a lot of money tied up in 3 positions...

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 12:57 PM
If the Cavs trade say Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett etc etc for Kevin Love... Do they have ANY depth whatsoever?

The answer is no, they had to give up 3 players to get Jarett Jack off their books, and now 3-4 more for Kevin Love?

Gives them a good big 3, but no depth and love, lebron and kyrie may be nice and all, but with no depth they stand no chance winning a title.

Jarvo
07-09-2014, 01:07 PM

Champions

Kevin Love is good but he not better than LMA

SPURSFAN1
07-09-2014, 01:10 PM

I'm assuming Duncan is number 1.

TheNumber37
07-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Kyrie can't defend.

You don't win championships in the NBA anymore without your PG being able to defend a little bit.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm assuming Duncan is number 1.

Lol

GREATNESS ONE
07-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Always thought the two power forwards that fit perfectly with Lebron are K Love and Dirk

smith&wesson
07-09-2014, 02:26 PM
I can see Cavs offering Waiters, Bennett, Thompson plus a future first rounder for Love

Irving
Wiggins/Mike Miller
Lebron
Love
Varajao/Zeller

black1605
07-09-2014, 02:27 PM
I can see Cavs offering Waiters, Bennett, Thompson plus a future first rounder for Love

Irving
Wiggins/Mike Miller
Lebron
Love
Varajao/Zeller

They traded Zeller, but yeah.

Killerjug
07-09-2014, 02:28 PM

Irving
Wiggins/Mike Miller
Lebron
Love
Varajao/Zeller

very very very highly doubt the wolves even think about doing this deal

smith&wesson
07-09-2014, 02:30 PM

Just saying, I can see that being he offer. something along those lines.. doesn't mean the wolves will take it. im sure they have other offers on the table as well.

smith&wesson
07-09-2014, 02:32 PM

yeah eh ? who they get back ??

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 02:35 PM
So let me get this straight:

Cleveland needs LeBron, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson *and* Andrew Wiggins to compete in the east?

From one 'Big 3' to another. LeBron is pathetic if he signs with Cleveland and so is Kevin Love. 'Oh, I gotta team up with the best player in the world now, waaaah.'

:facepalm:

imagesrdecievin
07-09-2014, 02:36 PM
I heard very similar things said about the Heat and that worked out pretty good. This big 3 is much better than the Heats big 3 imo.

SPURSFAN1
07-09-2014, 02:38 PM
So let me get this straight:

Cleveland needs LeBron, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson *and* Andrew Wiggins to compete in the east?

From one 'Big 3' to another. LeBron is pathetic if he signs with Cleveland and so is Kevin Love. 'Oh, I gotta team up with the best player in the world now, waaaah.'

:facepalm:

with mike miller and ray allen lol

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 02:39 PM
with mike miller and ray allen lolLOL, yeah...and they'll still get swept by the Spurs (again).

WSU Tony
07-09-2014, 02:42 PM
If the Cavs trade say Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett etc etc for Kevin Love... Do they have ANY depth whatsoever?

The answer is no, they had to give up 3 players to get Jarett Jack off their books, and now 3-4 more for Kevin Love?

Gives them a good big 3, but no depth and love, lebron and kyrie may be nice and all, but with no depth they stand no chance winning a title.

You know how the story goes... With those "big three" the lesser talents take less than market pay to sign. Kirilinko type players opt out of player options worth 12 million to sign 3 million dollar contracts. Believe me, you get the stars and the "rest" will show up to play for almost free.

Jenceman
07-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Kyrie can't defend.

You don't win championships in the NBA anymore without your PG being able to defend a little bit.

The Lakers won back to back championships with both Farmar and Fisher being garbage im defense in those years

kobe4thewinbang
07-09-2014, 02:50 PM
The Lakers won back to back championships with both Farmar and Fisher being garbage im defense in those yearsLOL, plus LeBron could run the point, e.g. he guards Tony Parker from time to time.

NFLNBA
07-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Lebron is just gonna hurt his name more if this is the case. Seriously the whole team up and create a superteam once..... fine, whatever, but to leave another team and do it again is just pathetic.

NFLNBA
07-09-2014, 03:06 PM
You know how the story goes... With those "big three" the lesser talents take less than market pay to sign. Kirilinko type players opt out of player options worth 12 million to sign 3 million dollar contracts. Believe me, you get the stars and the "rest" will show up to play for almost free.

Yep! Exactly. Lebron notices the oppurtunity to go team up with young stars now and that new big 3 will bring everyone else for cheap on 1 year deal or something. You will see Thomas, Monroe ect sign 1-2 year deals to win some rings with this big three then go get paid big after those 1-2 years

CELTICS4LYFE
07-09-2014, 03:17 PM
I think Wiggins would have to be the main piece for a Love trade, no?

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 03:23 PM

Look where it got Miami... desperate for help and an infusion of youth. Usually 35+ year olds sign cheap to chase rings. Not young, prime players

PurpleJesus
07-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Look where it got Miami... desperate for help and an infusion of youth. Usually 35+ year olds sign cheap to chase rings. Not young, prime players

Yes, look where it got Miami. 2 championships in 4 years. Too bad only aging veterans wanted to fill up their bench.

sammyvine
07-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Hate all this super team creating

So Lebron bolts once Miami rooster is flat?

tr3ymill3r
07-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Kyrie LeBron and Love is just good enough to lose in the finals the next 4 years.

KINGBAIZE
07-09-2014, 04:05 PM
This whooooole shyt was a setup from JUMP!
Cleveland has won the last 3 NBA drafts and had the #1 picks each year. They now have the last 3 number 1 picks with 3 future 1st rd picks, to trade or improve as players leave etc.

This was definitely all setup for Lebron to return and try win in his home city and make money for Cleveland. K. Irving, R. Allen, Lebron, K. Love, .... sick lineup, but its just the fact that shyt was a setup. No way they won the last 3 drafts, and just accidentally created this dream scenario for lebron.

What the media wants is for Lebron to surpass Jordan in rings and MVPs and make him the new "G.O.A.T.'... but in reality... Lebron James is not winning the same way Jordan won.

Kaner
07-09-2014, 04:28 PM

why not :confused:.

Waiters was a 20ppg scorer the final two months of the season and would be in a better position next to Rubio. Thompson's solid and is just 22, Bennett went #1 last year and still has a ton of potential he could live up too. Add a Miami first rounder that could become very valuable soon and a another cleveland pick and I doubt Minnesota is getting a better offer than that.

Killerjug
07-09-2014, 04:36 PM
why not :confused:.

Waiters was a 20ppg scorer the final two months of the season and would be in a better position next to Rubio. Thompson's solid and is just 22, Bennett went #1 last year and still has a ton of potential he could live up too. Add a Miami first rounder that could become very valuable soon and a another cleveland pick and I doubt Minnesota is getting a better offer than that.

Because If I'm the Wolves I wouldn't be completely sold on Waiters with his .508 TS%, TT who is a solid player but not the center point of a Kevin Love deal, and Anthony Bennett who was horrendous last year and while he has potential who knows if he puts it together. The Cavaliers pick would also likely be trash. I would assume that there are better offers out there than this

Kaner
07-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Because If I'm the Wolves I wouldn't be completely sold on Waiters with his .508 TS%, TT who is a solid player but not the center point of a Kevin Love deal, and Anthony Bennett who was horrendous last year and while he has potential who knows if he puts it together. The Cavaliers pick would also likely be trash. I would assume that there are better offers out there than this

Bennett was injured last year he still has value for his potential, Waiters is still improving and while ineffiency is a problem right now for Waiters he improved alot from his first to 2nd season. If the Cavs pick is trash then the Miami pick would suddenly be looking very valuable either way it's still 2 more draft picks for the rebuild. I think that offers better than or atleast equal to some of the others I see floated around here namely Barnes & Lee or Boozer, Mirotic, & Butler.

GREATNESS ONE
07-09-2014, 05:15 PM

Yes. Only way I would trade Love if I was Minny.

SportsFanatic13
07-09-2014, 05:28 PM

No. I think the Wolves would bite on a Waiters, Bennett, Thompson and multiple 1st's offer for some reason but me personally I hang up the phone if the deal doesn't start with Wiggins.

numba1CHANGsta
07-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Wiggins/Waiters/Thomphson/Bennett/1st pick/Dan Gilbert for Love

the brave eagle
07-09-2014, 05:45 PM

Irving
Wiggins/Mike Miller
Lebron
Love
Varajao/Zeller

there's no absolutely way wolves even think about trading love without wiggins in the deal, offer would be more of the lines of wiggins, waiters, thompson/bennett an future picks for love an they might add martin if cavs can afford him

rocket
07-09-2014, 05:54 PM

:laugh:

that's hilarious

MagicBucsSox
07-09-2014, 06:02 PM

Champions

No shot blocking no defense interior presence, no experience outside lebron

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 06:11 PM

The last time I checked, Andy Varejao was a pretty damn good defensive player. I'll admit they don't have a great shot blocker, but Lebron didn't have that in Cleveland either.

east fb knicks
07-09-2014, 06:13 PM

tbh they don't have that in mia either and it kinda worked out fine but the cavs still would have varejo

MonroeFAN
07-09-2014, 06:14 PM

Champions

lol @ top 5 point guard in a few years. He was supposedly a top 5 player after one season. Can we all shut up about this scrub for now? He's hardly ever healthy and the team will be dominant with or without him.

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 06:18 PM
lol @ top 5 point guard in a few years. He was supposedly a top 5 player after one season. Can we all shut up about this scrub for now? He's hardly ever healthy and the team will be dominant with or without him.

Calling him a "scrub" is just blatantly ignorant. I'll admit the guy took a step back last season, but "a step back" was still 21/6/4 on average shooting percentages, a 20+ PER and a .125+ WS/48. If that's his down year, I can't wait to see when this kid peaks. If he did that on an organization with no real focus with few quality teammates, imagine how much better he could potentially be playing next to Lebron.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2014, 06:20 PM
He peaked in his 2nd season, if you're waiting for more than that then you're in for a disappointment. He's a scrub in relation to how over rated he is. Call it ignorance, I could care less. I'm sick of hearing about this less capable Isaiah Thomas Jr just because he has handles.

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 06:30 PM
He peaked in his 2nd season, if you're waiting for more than that then you're in for a disappointment. He's a scrub in relation to how over rated he is. Call it ignorance, I could care less. I'm sick of hearing about this less capable Isaiah Thomas Jr just because he has handles.
What's wrong with being Isiah Thomas? A lot of people consider Thomas to be one of the 4-5 greatest PGs in NBA history and a top 25 all-time guy. Plus, you realize this kid is only 22, right? You're acting like he's 25 or 26. I'm not saying that he's a lock to get substantially better, but there's definitely room for growth there and I wouldn't be shocked if he was in the discussion as a top 10-20 guy in the league in a year or two.

You're really selling him short...

KINGOFSPORTS
07-09-2014, 06:38 PM
All aboard the Cavs bandwagon!

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 08:11 PM
So many rumors..

tm95835
07-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Kevin love take a a lot of threes, he could easily turn into chris bosh if this happens, sit out on the perimeter jacking up shots. Kyrie is injury prone, if I'm Lebron in Cleveland gotta look into a center and a solid back up point guard

InRoseWeTrust
07-09-2014, 08:56 PM

Can't tell if trolling or serious...

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 09:26 PM
So many sauces but LeBron no say nothing.

bstnfn34
07-09-2014, 09:50 PM

yeah eh ? who they get back ??

Nobody that was the point, to clear the call space Zeller is on the celtics now

Dr Positivity
07-09-2014, 09:51 PM
MIN might prefer Klay and Lee to Wiggins!

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 10:44 PM
No offense but this guy sounds full of crap.

prodigy
07-09-2014, 11:27 PM
Cavs had a deal in place for love during the draft, but he didn't wanna play in Cleveland without lebron. So clearly that trade is still on table.

P&GRealist
07-09-2014, 11:43 PM

Mike Miller, Ray Allen, Anderson Varejao to add to Kyrie Irving, LeBron James and Kevin Love. That's a pretty damn good start.

Nikeman
07-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Mike Miller, Ray Allen, Anderson Varejao to add to Kyrie Irving, LeBron James and Kevin Love. That's a pretty damn good start.

Mike Miller is most likely going to the Nuggests,

Ray Allen is 38 and playing one more season probably, and Anderson Varejao is 30+ and one of the most injury prone players in the league.

So sure, if Cleveland does sign Ray Allen, Varejao, etc etc, they will fill their roster out with and OLD bench, and be in the same position Miami is in a couple years trying to desperately add young, cheap talent and as we can all see, it doesn't come cheap.

RateSports
07-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Mike Miller is most likely going to the Nuggests,

Ray Allen is 38 and playing one more season probably, and Anderson Varejao is 30+ and one of the most injury prone players in the league.

So sure, if Cleveland does sign Ray Allen, Varejao, etc etc, they will fill their roster out with and OLD bench, and be in the same position Miami is in a couple years trying to desperately add young, cheap talent and as we can all see, it doesn't come cheap.

But in fairness, the best 3 players on the Cavs will not be old.

James, Kyrie (22), Wiggins (19).

EDIT : If Wiggins stays that is.

prodigy
07-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Kevin love take a a lot of threes, he could easily turn into chris bosh if this happens, sit out on the perimeter jacking up shots. Kyrie is injury prone, if I'm Lebron in Cleveland gotta look into a center and a solid back up point guard

Irving played 71 games last season. Much more then wade.

Ty Fast
07-10-2014, 08:41 AM
The only way the cavs would get love is if they give up wiggins.

Crackadalic
07-10-2014, 08:58 AM

lol the same scrub that won all star mvp.

Even before he came out and everyone doubted him I said he is the scoring version of chris paul with the way he handles the ball. He will be that good soon

He's still young and will bounce back.

joeyc77
07-10-2014, 09:18 AM
The only way the cavs would get love is if they give up wiggins.

It didn't take a player of Wiggins caliber to get Harden or D12. Why would it take one to get Love for possibly one year?

nycericanguy
07-10-2014, 09:26 AM

I doubt they'd trade all 4 of those guys for Love... for salary matching it would probably be 3 of them. They'd be left with

Varejao
LBJ
Thompson (assuming they trade Waiters, Wiggins & Bennett)
Love
Irving

They'd need a bench, but guys will flock there as you should know... and the thing is, all of those guys are pretty young so injuries/minutes won't be the concern they were in MIA.

MIA literally has like 2 players on the roster right now... depth would be much more of a concern there.

I don't think CLE should trade for Love though... they'd have a great team full of reasonable contracts and young players if they just add LBJ.

WickedBadMan
07-10-2014, 09:33 AM
You guys are nuts thinking they will hand over Wiggins, Thompson, Waiters and Bennett for Love when the only other offers on the table are Klay Thompson and Butler/Gibson lol.

Wiggins alone is better than both of those offers, if the Cavs offer more than Wiggins + Waiters they are bidding against themselves. And there is zero chance Tristan Thompson gets moved in this deal, and if I was the Cavs I would tell them to pound salt if they said they wanted Bennett too.

nycericanguy
07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
You guys are nuts thinking they will hand over Wiggins, Thompson, Waiters and Bennett for Love when the only other offers on the table are Klay Thompson and Butler/Gibson lol.

Wiggins alone is better than both of those offers, if the Cavs offer more than Wiggins + Waiters they are bidding against themselves. And there is zero chance Tristan Thompson gets moved in this deal, and if I was the Cavs I would tell them to pound salt if they said they wanted Bennett too.

I agree with your premise... but the problem is Wiggins + waiters only make around $8m, while Love is $16m... so those salaries don't even come close to matching.

You gotta trade 3 of those guys to match salary.

prodigy
07-10-2014, 09:57 AM

I agree with your premise... but the problem is Wiggins + waiters only make around $8m, while Love is $16m... so those salaries don't even come close to matching.

You gotta trade 3 of those guys to match salary.

They would never trade both Wiggins and waiters that's crazy. Love is a PF so Thompson+waiters+expiring contracts and picks should get it done. If they want wiggins instead of waiters I'd prob do it.

Irving
Waiters or Wiggins whoever isn't traded
Lebron
Love
AV

Della, bennett, felix would be for sure on bench. Talks with Allen, miller and birdman could advance. They will have a very solid bench. Its funny, guys who started games for heat allen, birdman, miller would be bench players for cavs.