PDA

View Full Version : Cavs trade Jarrett Jack to Nets in 3 team deal (Celtics)

GoBullsGo
07-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Three team deal - Nets acquire Jack, Karasev from Cleveland. Marcus Thornton, Tyler Zeller, and a first go to Boston.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/486878652546973696

DR_1
07-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Source?

Robby Cano
07-09-2014, 10:32 AM
The amount of first round picks the Celtics have is absurd.

I'm guessing Thornton will be flipped almost immediately. Celtics already got Rondo, Bradley, Smart, Pressey and Young to play guards. Zeller will be a good PF for them I guess.

Nets.... wtf.

Cavs - welcome home LeBron

Bklyn24
07-09-2014, 10:33 AM
uh oh cavs with some more cap room..

and did the nets really just trade ANOTHER 1st round pick? smh

ManRam
07-09-2014, 10:34 AM
The Cavs giving up A TON to clear that space.

This HAS to be a sign! :dance:

GoBullsGo
07-09-2014, 10:34 AM
The amount of first round picks the Celtics have is absurd.

I'm guessing Thornton will be flipped almost immediately. Celtics already got Rondo, Bradley, Smart, Pressey and Young to play guards. Zeller will be a good PF for them I guess.

Nets.... wtf.

Cavs - welcome home LeBron

The Nets get their guy Karasev in this deal.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Deal can't be completed for a few days. Maybe the Cavs can renege if LeBron stays in Miami. I'd hope they can.

Robby Cano
07-09-2014, 10:37 AM
The Nets get their guy Karasev in this deal.

Are you kidding? Karasev is a joke

BGeer091
07-09-2014, 10:37 AM
I love this deal for Boston, and obviously Cleveland if LeBron goes back. Actually I think it's a win win win. Jack is a good player too. He fits Lionel Hollins style.

d00d
07-09-2014, 10:38 AM
hope this isnt like the Bulls getting rid of Hinrich in 2010

kdspurman
07-09-2014, 10:38 AM

Robby Cano
07-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Any news on who the Celtics gave up?

Quinnsanity
Underrated part of this deal: Boston picking up more assets they'll eventually try to flip for Kevin Love.

GoBullsGo
Are you kidding? Karasev is a joke

Yes, I am in the sense that it has nothing to do with basketball, and everything to do with his background !

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Kidd wanted Jack instead of Thorton, now Kidd is gone and Jack becomes a Net. Haha.

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 10:44 AM
To me, this is a bigger sign than anything Chris Sheridan writes that Lebron is coming back to Cleveland. You don't give up Jarrett Jack, Zeller, Karasev AND a first round pick to get nothing in return unless you're clearing space for a marquee free agent you're 100% sure is signing with your franchise. Houston is waiting on a similar trade with Lin and a first, but they wouldn't pull this deal unless they were sure Melo or Bosh was signing with the Rockets. I'm sure Cleveland had a similar mindset.

This could just be the first sign of a much bigger announcement later in the day...

phantasyyy
07-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Does any body know if the first rounder is from the cavs or the nets...?

I assume the net dont have any more to give to boston :clap:

J4KOP99
07-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Haha, Kidd wanted jack last year

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Well ****, writing is on the wall for LeBron back to Cleveland.

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Underrated part of this deal: Boston picking up more assets they'll eventually try to flip for Kevin Love.

A really interesting subplot of this deal could be that IF Cleveland signs Lebron in the next couple of days, there could feasibly be a bidding war between Boston and Cleveland for Love. Did Cleveland just help their biggest competition add more assets? This could come back to bite them.

Tumstock
1st rounder from Cavs, boston gives up 10 mil trade exception and a protected 2nd round pick ^^

Heat fans are getting worried :)

mightybosstone
Does any body know if the first rounder is from the cavs or the nets...?

I assume the net dont have any more to give to boston :clap:

I believe it's from Cleveland.

GoBullsGo
Who else could the Cavs sign for the max deal? LeBron to CLE is a done deal. They wouldn't be giving up quality bench players for no reason.

Crackadalic
07-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Lebron to the Cavs. I was sure he was going to Miami but this move makes it close to a done deal lebron going to the cavs

GoBullsGo
07-09-2014, 10:51 AM
A really interesting subplot of this deal could be that IF Cleveland signs Lebron in the next couple of days, there could feasibly be a bidding war between Boston and Cleveland for Love. Did Cleveland just help their biggest competition add more assets? This could come back to bite them.

How would Cleveland acquire Love? A deal around Wiggins or perhaps Thompson/Varajeo/Waiters?

Melo15
07-09-2014, 10:51 AM

It certainly could but I think this is one of those scenarios where you have to make sure you get the 1st piece in order to move on to the 2nd piece. Cleveland also has 1st rounders from Miami and Memphis coming soon so they have a decent amount of 1st rounders at their disposal as well.

J4KOP99
07-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Does lala like Cleveland? Or bosh?

Purch
07-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Honestly if the Cavs sign Lebron, Id rather love go to Boston. The east needs to become competitive again

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 10:55 AM
How would Cleveland acquire Love? A deal around Wiggins or perhaps Thompson/Varajeo/Waiters?

I'm not sure how much Wiggins makes, but I'm pretty sure they could deal Thompson, Waiters and Wiggins for Love and picks and the money would be close enough to work. The questions would be whether Cleveland is willing to give up Wiggins, if Love is willing to guarantee a long-term deal in Cleveland and how much Minnesota would be willing to sweeten the pot for getting the No. 1 pick in return for one year of love.

Quinnsanity
07-09-2014, 10:55 AM

It'll be fascinating. Honestly what I think we're heading towards is a three-teamer where Boston sends Smart and picks to Philly, Philly sends MCW to Minnesota and Minnesota sends Love to Boston. Obviously there will be other pieces involved, but I think that's the basis of the deal we eventually see. It definitely will turn into a bidding war, though, especially because Minnesota apparently doesn't want rookies, so both Cleveland and Boston will be desperately looking to flip their rookies and picks for established talent to send Minnesota and whoever does so first gets Love. It's dumb, Minnesota should either just take Wiggins or grab all of those Boston picks along with Smart and Young and their other young pieces and call it a day, but Flip Saunders is dumb so it won't happen.

Iron24th
07-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Miami enroute to lose everything

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 10:57 AM
How the hell do the Celtics give up nothing and get ANOTHER first round pick? Ainge is working some magic.

And doesn't this pretty much seal the deal that Lebron is going back to Cleveland? Why else would they do this deal?

DWNTWNLakeShow
07-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Here comes the influx of new users claiming to have been Cavs fans for years lmao!

Vinylman
07-09-2014, 10:58 AM

not really. Minnesota is gonna demand Wiggins and boston doesn't have anyone close to that to offer... extra 1st rounders won't offset that fact...

Crackadalic

If Lebron leaves and Bosh goes to Houston think they go hard for Bledsoe and Monroe. Funny how there weakest position could become there strongest except with only one of the big 3 returning

Vinylman
How the hell do the Celtics give up nothing and get ANOTHER first round pick? Ainge is working some magic.

And doesn't this pretty much seal the deal that Lebron is going back to Cleveland? Why else would they do this deal?

they took a ****** contract... that's how

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 10:59 AM
It'll be fascinating. Honestly what I think we're heading towards is a three-teamer where Boston sends Smart and picks to Philly, Philly sends MCW to Minnesota and Minnesota sends Love to Boston. Obviously there will be other pieces involved, but I think that's the basis of the deal we eventually see. It definitely will turn into a bidding war, though, especially because Minnesota apparently doesn't want rookies, so both Cleveland and Boston will be desperately looking to flip their rookies and picks for established talent to send Minnesota and whoever does so first gets Love. It's dumb, Minnesota should either just take Wiggins or grab all of those Boston picks along with Smart and Young and their other young pieces and call it a day, but Flip Saunders is dumb so it won't happen.

You kind of wonder how much leverage Love has in this, though. If Lebron signs with Cleveland and Love really wants to play with Lebron, he could refuse to sign a long-term deal with any team other than the Cavaliers. If that's the case, Minnesota may not much much say in the matter, because Boston isn't going to trade them a ton of assets for one year of Kevin Love. At that point, Wiggins might seem like a best case scenario.

Ugh.... I really hope Lebron goes to Cleveland. That will make the next week so much more interesting. (Plus the Rockets get Bosh, so there's that.)

Quinnsanity
07-09-2014, 11:01 AM
I imagine Cleveland wouldn't want to give up Thompson, Waiters AND Wiggins. My expectation, if Minnesota were to accept a Wiggins-driven deal (which it's fair to doubt considering their expressed desire for proven talent), would be for Cleveland to use Anthony Bennett as cap filler along with Thompson and Wiggins, and then for them to deal Waiters in a separate deal.

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 11:01 AM
not really. Minnesota is gonna demand Wiggins and boston doesn't have anyone close to that to offer... extra 1st rounders won't offset that fact...

But as I just posted, you wonder how much leverage Kevin Love has. If Love essentially says he won't sign a long-term deal with anyone but Cleveland, Minnesota's leverage weakens considerably. Granted, they can always just refuse Love's trade demands. But then they could end up with nothing a year from now.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 11:03 AM
And Broussard, right on cue! :laugh2:

@Chris_Broussard
Sources: Cavs pursuing Ray Allen

Vinylman
Hope this is a contingent deal for the CAVS...

I would laugh my *** off if this went through and Lebron still went back to Miami

Quinnsanity
You kind of wonder how much leverage Love has in this, though. If Lebron signs with Cleveland and Love really wants to play with Lebron, he could refuse to sign a long-term deal with any team other than the Cavaliers. If that's the case, Minnesota may not much much say in the matter, because Boston isn't going to trade them a ton of assets for one year of Kevin Love. At that point, Wiggins might seem like a best case scenario.

Ugh.... I really hope Lebron goes to Cleveland. That will make the next week so much more interesting. (Plus the Rockets get Bosh, so there's that.)

Here's the interesting thing, Love could very well tell Minnesota that he'd only re-sign with Cleveland, but they could very easily call that bluff because Cleveland won't have any cap space next year due to Irving's extension kicking in. They COULDN'T sign him on the open market, so Boston might very well say "ok, we'll call your bluff, we'll trade for you, give you a year to play with Rondo and Stevens and our other role players, and if you still want to ditch us for barren Knicks or Lakers rosters, go ahead. Cleveland, Golden State and Chicago are all off of the table without cap space, so you can either stay here and compete for ditch us for big markets and more losing. Your call."

Thumper 88
07-09-2014, 11:04 AM
If Bosch goes to Houston then I would assume Parsons would go to the Mavs unless Houston matches

GoBullsGo
07-09-2014, 11:04 AM
For salaries to match up Cavs would have to include Varajeo. Dealing him, Thompson, Bennett, Waiters would be ideal for Love. That way Cavs keep Wiggins.

Love - James - Wiggins - Irving.

Jetsguy
07-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Could the Cavs S&T for Melo/Knicks then? Kyrie/Lebron/Melo is pretty filthy

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 11:07 AM
they took a ****** contract... that's how

Thornton's contract isn't even that bad. He's expiring. Good trade chip for Love.

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Here's the interesting thing, Love could very well tell Minnesota that he'd only re-sign with Cleveland, but they could very easily call that bluff because Cleveland won't have any cap space next year due to Irving's extension kicking in. They COULDN'T sign him on the open market, so Boston might very well say "ok, we'll call your bluff, we'll trade for you, give you a year to play with Rondo and Stevens and our other role players, and if you still want to ditch us for barren Knicks or Lakers rosters, go ahead. Cleveland, Golden State and Chicago are all off of the table without cap space, so you can either stay here and compete for ditch us for big markets and more losing. Your call."

This is true. I think Love has some leverage in this deal but not enough to really impact how much Minnesota gets in return for him. Ultimately Minnesota can always just refuse to trade him to the highest bidder that is willing to get only the last year of his contract. But if Love really truly does want to play in Cleveland with Lebron, I still think the Cavaliers have the best chance of any team to acquire him.

Quinnsanity
07-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Could the Cavs S&T for Melo/Knicks then? Kyrie/Lebron/Melo is pretty filthy

As a Knicks fan, I'm totally on board with facilitating LeBron/'Melo if it means getting Wiggins. I was honestly cool with just getting Mirotic. And honestly, if you're the Knicks, wouldn't you make them that offer? You get Wiggins, tank for another year, and all of the sudden you're looking at a core with two super high picks, 40 million in cap space and only one year out of the hunt. Why wouldn't you do that? Doesn't that seem like a much better alternative to re-signing 'Melo and hoping for the best in 2015 free agency?

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 11:10 AM
If Bosch goes to Houston then I would assume Parsons would go to the Mavs unless Houston matches

No matter what happens with other free agents and the rest of the league, I can absolutely guarantee you one thing. Barring a trade with Minnesota to get Love (a super unlikely scenario at this point), Chandler Parsons will be a Houston Rocket next season. I think that's why other teams haven't offered him a contract yet, because they're positive Houston will match it.

Vinylman
07-09-2014, 11:11 AM
But as I just posted, you wonder how much leverage Kevin Love has. If Love essentially says he won't sign a long-term deal with anyone but Cleveland, Minnesota's leverage weakens considerably. Granted, they can always just refuse Love's trade demands. But then they could end up with nothing a year from now.

Minnesota would pass... most of the other guys that Cleveland can offer are garbage Thompson/waiter/Bennett

not to mention there are other teams out there...

I doubt Love is going to say it is Cleveland or nowhere...

Quinnsanity
This is true. I think Love has some leverage in this deal but not enough to really impact how much Minnesota gets in return for him. Ultimately Minnesota can always just refuse to trade him to the highest bidder that is willing to get only the last year of his contract. But if Love really truly does want to play in Cleveland with Lebron, I still think the Cavaliers have the best chance of any team to acquire him.

Agreed. I'm really fascinated to see what happens with Love/Melo after the LeBron dust settles. There are just so many different possibilities. Like someone else said, I wouldn't rule out LeBron trying to recruit Melo to join he and Irving, and with Wiggins as a trade piece it's certainly possible.

1_team_1_dream
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 4m

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 11:12 AM

If Love really wants to go to Cleveland then they will have to agree to a trade because Cleveland won't have the cap space to sign him without a trade. So Love doesn't really have a lot of leverage to demand to go to Cleveland. If Minnesota chooses to trade him there they are going to want Wiggins.

Vinylman
07-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Thornton's contract isn't even that bad. He's expiring. Good trade chip for Love.

sure ... but they took on all that money and didn't send anyone out... that is why they get the first...

same thing is gonna happen to the Lakers if they get rid of Nash...

JNA17
07-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Here comes the influx of new users claiming to have been Cavs fans for years lmao!

We already have one or two Browns fans suddenly coming to the NBA forum over the past week or two. I can practically hear the rumbling of the sudden appearance of "Cavs fans" coming from all over the world as each day progresses.

Such bandwagon, much chaos, wow...

Thumper 88
07-09-2014, 11:14 AM
No matter what happens with other free agents and the rest of the league, I can absolutely guarantee you one thing. Barring a trade with Minnesota to get Love (a super unlikely scenario at this point), Chandler Parsons will be a Houston Rocket next season. I think that's why other teams haven't offered him a contract yet, because they're positive Houston will match it.

I also think so.

Since you're a Houston fan how high would you go on a matching offer? How high would the rockets realistically go?

GoBullsGo
07-09-2014, 11:14 AM
If Love really wants to go to Cleveland then they will have to agree to a trade because Cleveland won't have the cap space to sign him without a trade. So Love doesn't really have a lot of leverage to demand to go to Cleveland. If Cleveland chooses to trade him there they are going to want Wiggins.

My guess would be a combination of Wiggins/Varajeo and someone else like Bennett, Thompson, or Waiters. Ideally, I'd like to see them deal Wiggins/Varajeo/Bennett and deal Waiters in a separate deal, that way they keep Thompson and start him at the PF.

Love - Thompson - James - SG - Irving

JNA17
07-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 4m

If that's true, it might as well say "Cavs sign Lebron James".

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Agreed. I'm really fascinated to see what happens with Love/Melo after the LeBron dust settles. There are just so many different possibilities. Like someone else said, I wouldn't rule out LeBron trying to recruit Melo to join he and Irving, and with Wiggins as a trade piece it's certainly possible.
I hadn't even considered that option, but I question if Melo would be willing to sign a long-term deal in Cleveland and if the Cavs have enough money in contracts to come close to a Melo max contract. If they're willing to deal Varejao they might, but would Lebron be okay with that considering he and Andy are good friends and Varejao is a pretty good selling point for him coming back to Cleveland? If you're New York, though, and you can get Wiggins and other young pieces, you probably take that deal.

MiamiBoy77
07-09-2014, 11:16 AM
if lebron does go to cleveland, i wonder if it will be a s&t similar to how he came to miami.

would be really f'd up if we lose lebron, we are not a playoff team, and then cleveland gets our pick next year.

JNA17
07-09-2014, 11:17 AM

Lebron to Cavs.
Bosh to Houston.
Used Goods Wade back to Miami or just ends up in Chicago like he was supposed to.

Back to 5 Heat fans again! :laugh2:

colinskik
07-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Kidd wanted Jack instead of Thorton, now Kidd is gone and Jack becomes a Net. Haha.

This. I'm sure Kidd is like WTF.

ottograham14
We already have one or two Browns fans suddenly coming to the NBA forum over the past week or two. I can practically hear the rumbling of the sudden appearance of "Cavs fans" coming from all over the world as each day progresses.

Such bandwagon, much chaos, wow...

We don't come into the NBA forum because its full of trolls. Why waste time when you have had the worst winning % in the NBA in the past 4 years. Relax, you're awesome NBA PSD Forum will remain in-tact. We will stick to our Cavs forum and bask (if everything happens that might happen that is lol).

Why does it bother you anyways? You're a Spurs fan and you seem to have more of an issue with everyone elses fans instead of just enjoying what your team has accomplished. Give it a rest pest.

mightybosstone
I also think so.

Since you're a Houston fan how high would you go on a matching offer? How high would the rockets realistically go?

A max deal. Since Parsons has only been in the league for three seasons, a max deal for him is significantly less than a max deal for a guy like Bosh or Melo. I'm not quite sure he's worth a max, but he's worth $12-13 million a year and if a max for a player of his tenure falls close to that range, then he's worth it.

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 11:19 AM
if lebron does go to cleveland, i wonder if it will be a s&t similar to how he came to miami.

would be really f'd up if we lose lebron, we are not a playoff team, and then cleveland gets our pick next year.

Wow is the pick protected? Because Miami could legitimately be the worst team in the league next year.

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 11:20 AM

Hey, the pick is top 10 protected at least. Hopefully if all happens they get stuck at 11 though. Just joking, not really.

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 11:21 AM
A max deal. Since Parsons has only been in the league for three seasons, a max deal for him is significantly less than a max deal for a guy like Bosh or Melo. I'm not quite sure he's worth a max, but he's worth $12-13 million a year and if a max for a player of his tenure falls close to that range, then he's worth it.

Wouldn't it be the same as Haywards at 4 years/63.4mill since neither hit escalators in their first three years.

colinskik
07-09-2014, 11:22 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it. :laugh2:

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 2 minutes ago
For Cavaliers, there are no assurances on LeBron James -- and Plan B remains free agent Trevor Ariza into part of space, sources tell Yahoo.
Woj reminds us to not get our hopes up. But if Cleveland did all of this just to end up with Trevor Ariza, that's going to be very, very disappointing for Cavaliers fans. I just find it so hard to believe Lebron would hurt the city of Cleveland that badly two times in four years, and at this point there's no way to avoid doing that unless he returns to the Cavs.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-09-2014, 11:24 AM
what the **** nets?

ManRam
07-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Clearing Jack's contract, even if they don't get LeBron, is a solid move. It's a great move if it nets LeBron, but it still could be a much-needed move even if they don't. Freeing up money to make a max play can be a great move regardless of LeBron.

My hopes are up. I really hope he bolts to Cleveland, but I don't think this is as big of a sign as my emotions want it to be.

Quinnsanity
07-09-2014, 11:25 AM
I hadn't even considered that option, but I question if Melo would be willing to sign a long-term deal in Cleveland and if the Cavs have enough money in contracts to come close to a Melo max contract. If they're willing to deal Varejao they might, but would Lebron be okay with that considering he and Andy are good friends and Varejao is a pretty good selling point for him coming back to Cleveland? If you're New York, though, and you can get Wiggins and other young pieces, you probably take that deal.

Absolutely. He'd have to take a paycut, but it's possible. Bennett, Thompson and Wiggins have a combined cap figure of around $15 million, plus Cleveland would have $3.3 million in cap space after signing LeBron (Ray Allen would presumably be under the "room" exception). So if Melo were willing to drop to around $18 million, it's in play while also allowing Cleveland to keep Waiters. Before any other moves, that would leave them with a monster roster of LeBron, Melo, Kyrie, Waiters, Varejao, Allen, Matthew Deladova, Carrick Felix, Joe Harris and Brendan Haywood's wonky contract (a MAJOR trade piece). If you maneuver that roster correctly you're looking at a potential 70-win juggernaut in the East.

Thumper 88
07-09-2014, 11:26 AM

That was my thinking also I just wasn't sure what Houston sees in him

J4KOP99
07-09-2014, 11:31 AM
I really think that neither Miami nor Cleveland know what he is going to do.

hugepatsfan
Last year Lebron complained about the refs in a game vs BOS and Ainge got asked about it on the radio the next day. He said he thought Lebron was the last guy that should be complaining about refs. Rile said Ainge should shut the F up and worry about his own team. Well Ainge just made a trade that might be the final nail in the coffin for Riley's MIA squad. lol

ottograham14
Clearing Jack's contract, even if they don't get LeBron, is a solid move. It's a great move if it nets LeBron, but it still could be a much-needed move even if they don't. Freeing up money to make a max play can be a great move regardless of LeBron.

My hopes are up. I really hope he bolts to Cleveland, but I don't think this is as big of a sign as my emotions want it to be.

Woj reported the other day that Rich Paul told Cleveland to clear Cap for Lebron to sign a max. That is essentially what they did here. Ball is in Bron's court now and also in the Heat's court where this puts a little more pressure on that meeting today. Not surprising everything is coming into place with Cleveland before that meeting. From reports too it sounds like Cleveland is still working on some other things today as well. Said on Monday that some big moves would be happening by Wednesday at least thats what Amico was reporting.

Quinnsanity

Parsons' max would be the same deal James Harden signed in 2012. Five years, $80 million. However, I would expect Houston and Parsons to have a wink-wink agreement with Parsons to wait until they use their functional cap space and then to sign a long-term offer sheet that would keep them under the tax for at least a year (which, conceivably, would be around $12 million in year one, so a five-year deal in the neighborhood of $65-70 million).

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 11:33 AM
The Cavs are pursuing free agent shooting guard Mike Miller, sources tell @FOXSportsOH.

SPURSFAN1
07-09-2014, 11:35 AM

hahahahaha

ManRam
07-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Woj reported the other day that Rich Paul told Cleveland to clear Cap for Lebron to sign a max. That is essentially what they did here. Ball is in Bron's court now and also in the Heat's court where this puts a little more pressure on that meeting today. Not surprising everything is coming into place with Cleveland before that meeting. From reports too it sounds like Cleveland is still working on some other things today as well. Said on Monday that some big moves would be happening by Wednesday at least thats what Amico was reporting.

I guess I just feel that even if he spurns Cleveland, freeing up max cap space is a good move. Now, blowing it all on Ariza is another story. Basically, if he does return to Miami I don't think this move instantly becomes a mistake.

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Cavs have offer on table for Kevin Love and it includes Wiggins. Waiting for acceptance or decline.

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 11:36 AM

If an agent tells a team to clear space so they can sign a player, you don't do that if your client isn't planning on signing with that team, right? Otherwise, that's just a dick move.

GoBullsGo
07-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Cavs have offer on table for Kevin Love and it includes Wiggins. Waiting for acceptance or decline.

What's your source??

Robby Cano

Source?

torocan
Last year Lebron complained about the refs in a game vs BOS and Ainge got asked about it on the radio the next day. He said he thought Lebron was the last guy that should be complaining about refs. Rile said Ainge should shut the F up and worry about his own team. Well Ainge just made a trade that might be the final nail in the coffin for Riley's MIA squad. lol

Ainge is old school Celtics. The same Celtics where McHale put a WWE clothesline on Kurt Rambis. Bird, Parish, McHale, Ainge.... they don't back down from anyone.

They have LONG memories. Riley might just regret those comments... :laugh2:

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 11:39 AM
I guess I just feel that even if he spurns Cleveland, freeing up max cap space is a good move. Now, blowing it all on Ariza is another story. Basically, if he does return to Miami I don't think this move instantly becomes a mistake.

They are not going to blow ALL of it on Ariza. Just part of it.

ABOMB_56
Woj just tweeted that the general consensus among GMs is that LBJ is gonna go to the meeting and propose a 1-2 year max deal to Riley

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/486896437457080321

bleedprple&gold
The Cavs are pursuing free agent shooting guard Mike Miller, sources tell @FOXSportsOH.

The Cleveland Heat.

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 11:40 AM

I know this joke has been done before, but Broussard is that you?

J4KOP99
07-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Woj just tweeted that the general consensus among GMs is that LBJ is gonna go to the meeting and propose a 1-2 year max deal to Riley

Gms are in the dark just like the rest of us

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Sam Amico ‏ @ SamAmicoFSO now
Source says Cavs also "pursuing a big." Won't give names, but hearing from other sources outside organization that "big" is Kevin Love.

Happening quick guys. Sorry.

Cleveland Sports ‏@CLE_OHsports 3m
Cavaliers have Offered Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love.

Tony Rizzo first to report. Might remember him as the laughing hyena with Dan Gilbert at the Lottery last year.

Kenny Powders
It's funny how some Miami fans are ready starting to disappear

ottograham14
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @ WojYahooNBA 24s
Cavs have unloaded huge assets for player they likely won't keep (Deng) and player they haven't yet signed (James). They better get him.

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Follow Cavs Forum if you want up to minute. We do better job in there.

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Some **** is finally about to go down...

1_team_1_dream
07-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Sources: Cavs pursuing Mike Miller

rhymeratic
07-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Honestly:

C Vareajo
PF Thompson
SF Lebron
SG Waiters
PG Irving

Bench
SG/SF Wiggins
SF/PF Bennett
Haven't look at rest of the scrubsbut...

That looks like a team that will win 50 games, be a 3rd seed.

Just saying.

Melo15
07-09-2014, 11:51 AM
#Cavs reportedly have a deal in place for Kevin Love. Stay tuned for details.

-Tony Rizzo

Honestly, take this with a huge grain of salt. Rizzo is a radio guy in Cleveland who's known for being dramatic. However, he is close with Dan Gilbert (Rizzo was the annoying guy from Gilbert's group yelling during the 2013 NBA Draft Lottery) and recently had the Embiid failed physical before anyone else as well as them picking Wiggins before anyone else. Also for those wondering he is saying Wiggins is involved in the deal.

ABOMB_56
07-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Honestly:

C Vareajo
PF Thompson
SF Lebron
SG Waiters
PG Irving

Bench
SG/SF Wiggins
SF/PF Bennett
Haven't look at rest of the scrubsbut...

That looks like a team that will win 50 games, be a 3rd seed.

Just saying.

You've seen the Cavs roster circa 2003-2010, correct? Unless LBJ gets hurt, knock on wood he doesn't, they win at least 55. And since when is 50 wins in the (L)East a 3 seed?

GoBullsGo
07-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Cavs will sign James and trade for Love. The new big 3 of LeBron, Love, Irving.

ABOMB_56
07-09-2014, 11:56 AM
David Aldridge also reporting that James Jones is being pursued by the Cavs. 2014 Cleveland Heat!

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Cavs will sign James and trade for Love. The new big 3 of LeBron, Love, Irving.

And to think if this happens it will probably all be because Cleveland got so ****ing lucky in the lottery.

scissors
07-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Absolutely. He'd have to take a paycut, but it's possible. Bennett, Thompson and Wiggins have a combined cap figure of around $15 million, plus Cleveland would have $3.3 million in cap space after signing LeBron (Ray Allen would presumably be under the "room" exception). So if Melo were willing to drop to around $18 million, it's in play while also allowing Cleveland to keep Waiters. Before any other moves, that would leave them with a monster roster of LeBron, Melo, Kyrie, Waiters, Varejao, Allen, Matthew Deladova, Carrick Felix, Joe Harris and Brendan Haywood's wonky contract (a MAJOR trade piece). If you maneuver that roster correctly you're looking at a potential 70-win juggernaut in the East.

Teams under the tax, when sending out 15 million in a trade can take back 20 million. So Melo's first year could be $20. Still way under max, but good money.

SPURSFAN1
07-09-2014, 12:00 PM

lol

Crackadalic
So the cavs are stealing all the heat players. Awesome

PhlyHighPhilly
http://media0.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Mike Cairns ‏ @ MikeCairns5 2m
Starting to hear about two different packages Cavs are working on with Minnesota. For Love.

curtcocaine
07-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Miami fans Miami fans. where are you? Where are you? Join the convo the convo the convo.

GoBullsGo
07-09-2014, 12:08 PM
LeBron has stated his preference -

MIAMI—After viewing its latest pitch highlighting all he could accomplish with its organization, NBA power forward LeBron James confirmed Tuesday that he is currently leaning toward joining the Cleveland Cavaliers.
http://www.espncleveland.com/articles/breaking-lebron-james-leaning-toward-joining-cavs,36417/

colinskik
07-09-2014, 12:09 PM

hahahaha

living up to their fair weather fan status right quick!

Hawkamania
07-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Well you know what they say, when there's smoke...

JNA17
07-09-2014, 12:13 PM
hahahaha

living up to their fair weather fan status right quick!

They couldn't even say goodbye first? :(

torocan
07-09-2014, 12:15 PM

They're not disappearing. They just have work in the morning and want to get ahead of the traffic.... :hide:

JNA17
07-09-2014, 12:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq5vCasCAAE0q5q.jpg

:laugh:

colinskik
07-09-2014, 12:19 PM

hahaha

Crackadalic
07-09-2014, 12:20 PM

lmfaooo Dead

SPURSFAN1
07-09-2014, 12:20 PM

You need to take out bosh in the last one too but in another pic. lol

Aust
07-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Great move by the Celtics. I wish we had a bunch of assets instead of them :laugh2:

JNA17
07-09-2014, 12:22 PM
You need to take out bosh in the last one too but in another pic. lol

I didn't do this one sadly nor do I have the photoshop skills to pull it off.

I hope someone here is good with it and could try their hand at it. It's so sig worthy. XD

FlashBolt
07-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Looks like Cavs are seriously pushing for James. You don't make a move like this unless James has notified you that he's interested...

torocan
07-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 3m

LeBron James reached out to two vet free agents last week about joining him, IF he left Miami, sources tell Yahoo. Mike Miller was one.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Cavs ain't playing.

1_team_1_dream
07-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m
LeBron James reached out to two vet free agents last week about joining him, IF he left Miami, sources tell Yahoo. Mike Miller was one.

JNA17
07-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m

And Ray Allen is obviously the other one.

If Cavs don't win next year and I hear again that "HES PLAYING BY HIMSELF" shtick all over again, I'm gonna throw up.

kdspurman
07-09-2014, 12:38 PM
And Ray Allen is obviously the other one.

If Cavs don't win next year and I hear again that "HES PLAYING BY HIMSELF" shtick all over again, I'm gonna throw up.

Yea seriously...

thesprite
07-09-2014, 12:48 PM
The free agency may be heating up and excitement is starting to build, but contrary to what the majority is believing I think this just a move by the Cavs to position themselves better in the Lebron sweepstakes. No guarantees. Lebron wants the max, and his agent delivered the message to anyone interested. The Cavs did that. To point out that this is a done deal (nor a promise has been verbally given) for the Cavs is a bit premature as they are just doing their best to free up cap space for max deal/s.

Whether it's HEAT (did I spell/capitalize that right?) or Cavs or any other team, this will again turn into Lebron hate one way or another.

P.S.: looking for a HEAT fan? justinnum: :dance:

Dade County
07-09-2014, 12:57 PM

Speaking in absolutes... You don't know Bosh's mindset and just because you feel that way, doesn't mean he feels the same.

He has shown no signs in being interested in Houston, only reports by sources. But everything that came out of Bosh's mouth was that he wants to stay in Miami. It doesn't matter if you or people think that he would be good on the rockets, it's what Bosh wants.

Greet
07-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Speaking in absolutes... You don't know Bosh's mindset and just because you feel that way, doesn't mean he feels the same.

He has shown no signs in being interested in Houston, only reports by sources. But everything that came out of Bosh's mouth was that he wants to stay in Miami. It doesn't matter if you or people think that he would be good on the rockets, it's what Bosh wants.

Everything that came out of Bosh mouth that he wants to stay in Miami.... WITH LeBron. If LBJ is gone, so is Bosh.

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 01:06 PM

...if Lebron is there. I'm not speaking in absolutes, but I'd be willing to bet there's a greater than 50 percent chance that Bosh goes to Houston if Lebron leaves for Cleveland. The only reason he stays in Miami is if they acquire another star to replace Lebron or if they can match the Rockets financially and convince him to stay based on loyalty to the franchise. The first is nearly impossible. The second is possible, but not really logical. If you can go somewhere else to make similar money and play for a far more talented basketball team that gives you a far greater chance to win titles, you leave.

ikeryder13
07-09-2014, 01:11 PM
After this trade how much money can Cleveland offer Lebron?

Vinylman
07-09-2014, 01:12 PM

not really... he is Lebron's ***** ... so it really has to do with what Lebron wants

Silent
07-09-2014, 01:13 PM

Max and they have about 1.8 left in space

ikeryder13
07-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Max and they have about 1.8 left in space

Really? Damn well he should take that bet... The only thing I'm not confident in if I'm Lebron is the coaching... I get blatt is a great euro coach but idk about talents like Lebron and kyrie... But then again he made spolstra look amazing lol

RowBTrice
07-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Are Miami fans ready to be pissed off yet? Oh man, I can't wait to taste their tears.

Minimal
07-09-2014, 01:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11194706/cleveland-cavaliers-pursue-ray-allen

ok this is a guarantee lebron goes to cavs, ray allen stated if he returns he wants to play with bron, riley ****d up

JNA17
07-09-2014, 01:35 PM
We are about to see some July 2014 join dates in here.

Oh boy. :facepalm:

Minimal
07-09-2014, 01:37 PM
max

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 01:37 PM

Dude, why do you care so much? A Spurs fan might be the worst in here, thats pretty shocking.

JNA17
07-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Dude, why do you care so much? A Spurs fan might be the worst in here, thats pretty shocking.

Why do you care if I care or not?

Gibby23
07-09-2014, 01:41 PM

Aren't you a Lakers fan?

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 01:43 PM

Its just too funny that a Spurs fan who I would think should be basking in his teams glory seems more worried about opposing teams fans and when people join PSD or comment in a troll laced NBA Forum. Never saw a Spurs fan so worried about other teams let alone their fans.

To each their own though. Continue your shtick.

Edit: Wait if you are a Lakers fan then that makes sense.

Thumper 88
07-09-2014, 01:43 PM

Lol

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 01:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11194706/cleveland-cavaliers-pursue-ray-allen

ok this is a guarantee lebron goes to cavs, ray allen stated if he returns he wants to play with bron, riley ****d up

Its not a guarantee of anything. Cavs are just trying to make themselves as enticing as possible to Lebron.

JNA17
07-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Aren't you a Lakers fan?

He thinks I'm a Spurs fan apparently.

He must be one of those long time Browns fans that suddenly remembered Cleveland had an NBA team again. :laugh:

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 01:52 PM

He must be one of those long time Browns fans that suddenly remembered Cleveland had an NBA team again. :laugh:

Once again why would I come onto an NBA Troll laced Forum when the Cavs have been the worst team in the past 4 years. Read the thread you call people out on next time or check the Cavs forum Oh wait I have been a member since 2007 two years before you. Does that make me in someway better than you. Good job showing the Lakers bud.

either way done. Hope the rest of the main forum loves your shtick. They must since you're the master main forum poster lol.

hugepatsfan
07-09-2014, 01:53 PM
So Ainge turned Doc, Pierce, KG and Jason Terry into...

#17 pick this year (James Young)
Cody Zeller
unrpotected BRK picks in '16 and '18
right to swap picks with BRK in '17
unprotected '15 LAC 1st round pick
top 10 protected CLE pick in '16
one year of Kris Humphries
one year of Marcus Thornton
one year of Keith Bogans (he's still a $5+ mil non-guaranteed deal this year that could be used in another trade)
3 years of Gerald Wallace (gross but he's been a decent enough vet leader for the young guys and it's not like we need the cap space yet)

He hired Brad Stevens who I think is one of the best young coaches in the NBA.

I think Kelly Olynyk was a real solid pick at #13 last year. In the 2nd round we got a C, Colt Iverson, who was overseas last year. I don't think he has any sort of real potential but he could be a servicable reserve big.

He signed Vitor Faverani and Phil Pressey last year who both have upside to be cheap backups and filler pieces in trades.

He managed to dump the last 3 years of Courtney Lee's deal for an expiring contract last year.

He turned Jordan Crawford into a protected 1st round pick (if PHI makes the playoffs this year we get their pick but that's highly unlikey - we get 2 2nd round picks if they don't make it this year). To do that he did have to take on Joel Anthony's deal (expires after this season) but like I said about Wallace, it's not like we need the cap space).

He turned our first year of tanking into Marcus Smart - #6 pick this year but in most years he goes higher than that (this draft just had 4 potential franchise players in the minds of most and he didn't fit with Oladipo in ORL).

I really couldn't be more happy with how he's started the task of rebuilding our franchise. Obviously a ton of work needs to be done but I like the start we're off to. Hopefully next on the agenda is getting what we can for Rondo, Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. All should have value to contenders. I also wouldn't mind using Bogans non-guaranteed deal in a trade like this to clear cap space. I'd trade Joel Anthony and Marcus Thornton for deals that expire a year later in exchange for an asset too (I'd look to do that at the deadline for teams that want to start clearing cap for the offseason).

Gibby23
07-09-2014, 01:53 PM

It looks like you joined after 2009 title for the ride to the 2010 title.

See how stupid join dates are?

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 01:55 PM
So Ainge turned Doc, Pierce, KG and Jason Terry into...

#17 pick this year (James Young)
Cody Zeller
unrpotected BRK picks in '16 and '18
right to swap picks with BRK in '17
unprotected '15 LAC 1st round pick
top 10 protected CLE pick in '16
one year of Kris Humphries
one year of Marcus Thornton
one year of Keith Bogans (he's still a $5+ mil non-guaranteed deal this year that could be used in another trade)
3 years of Gerald Wallace (gross but he's been a decent enough vet leader for the young guys and it's not like we need the cap space yet)

He hired Brad Stevens who I think is one of the best young coaches in the NBA.

I think Kelly Olynyk was a real solid pick at #13 last year. In the 2nd round we got a C, Colt Iverson, who was overseas last year. I don't think he has any sort of real potential but he could be a servicable reserve big.

He signed Vitor Faverani and Phil Pressey last year who both have upside to be cheap backups and filler pieces in trades.

He managed to dump the last 3 years of Courtney Lee's deal for an expiring contract last year.

He turned Jordan Crawford into a protected 1st round pick (if PHI makes the playoffs this year we get their pick but that's highly unlikey - we get 2 2nd round picks if they don't make it this year). To do that he did have to take on Joel Anthony's deal (expires after this season) but like I said about Wallace, it's not like we need the cap space).

He turned our first year of tanking into Marcus Smart - #6 pick this year but in most years he goes higher than that (this draft just had 4 potential franchise players in the minds of most and he didn't fit with Oladipo in ORL).

I really couldn't be more happy with how he's started the task of rebuilding our franchise. Obviously a ton of work needs to be done but I like the start we're off to. Hopefully next on the agenda is getting what we can for Rondo, Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. All should have value to contenders. I also wouldn't mind using Bogans non-guaranteed deal in a trade like this to clear cap space. I'd trade Joel Anthony and Marcus Thornton for deals that expire a year later in exchange for an asset too (I'd look to do that at the deadline for teams that want to start clearing cap for the offseason).

Tyler.

Ainge is doing work and with Stevens and if they draft right Boston might have the best re-build going right now even over Philly IMO. Could possibly go hard after Love as FA too in a year or two depending on what he does.

JNA17
07-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Once again why would I come onto an NBA Troll laced Forum when the Cavs have been the worst team in the past 4 years.

Thank you for proving my point. :)

But hey, assuming Lebron does indeed return to Cleveland, congrats and stuff. I'm sure you will soon tell me how this is the best day as a "Cavs fan" since the Brad Daugherty days. :p

Minimal
07-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Its not a guarantee of anything. Cavs are just trying to make themselves as enticing as possible to Lebron.
i doubt they would be after ray allen or mike miller, if they didn't know that bron is gonna join them. and there is no way ray allen is gonna join cavs without lebron, and they know that, he better retire than go to cavs without lebron.

ottograham14
07-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Everyone, realize you are a fair weather fan if you do not post on PSD's main forum. Check.

Also, you a real fan by having a signature of a rival team counting championships. Check.

And this is why so many people stay off the Main forum. Point proven by one troll.

utl768
07-09-2014, 02:02 PM
giving up assets without any guarantee from lebron is stupid

there is maybe a 2% chance he goes back to cleveland, take a page from houston and have the deal lined up but dont pull the trigger unless lebron somehow commits to cleveland

JNA17
07-09-2014, 02:03 PM
It looks like you joined after 2009 title for the ride to the 2010 title.

See how stupid join dates are?

I actually had an account here that had a join date of 2007 or 2006. Sadly though I forgot the password to that account and the email I had for it was an AOL account that I haven't used in years.

Also there a "a lot" of Lakers fans and there have been many before I came around, so me joining around that time is yet another through the flock. Cavs? Yeah good luck finding fans of that team before Lebron was drafted and AFTER he left them. Heat? The joke with them was there fan base count being "5" and for good reason. And of course the April-July 2010 join dates.

A little different compared to that good sir. ;)

Gibby23
07-09-2014, 02:05 PM
I actually had an account here that had a join date of 2007 or 2006. Sadly though I forgot the password to that account and the email I had for it was an AOL account that I haven't used in years.

Also there a "a lot" of Lakers fans and there have been many before I came around, so me joining around that time is yet another through the flock. Cavs? Yeah good luck finding fans of that team before Lebron was drafted and AFTER he left them. Heat? The joke with them was there fan base count being "5" and for good reason. And of course the April-July 2010 join dates.

A little different compared to that good sir. ;)

Still stupid

Melo15
07-09-2014, 02:07 PM

there is maybe a 2% chance he goes back to cleveland, take a page from houston and have the deal lined up but dont pull the trigger unless lebron somehow commits to cleveland

First off I completely disagree with your odds there but let's just throw something out there. You say 2% chance, well they had a 1.7% chance to get the #1 pick. I think Cavs fans will take those odds :laugh2:

JNA17
07-09-2014, 02:08 PM

2% chance?

You're assuming the Cavs did that trade without a word from Lebron?

Thumper 88
07-09-2014, 02:09 PM
First off I completely disagree with your odds there but let's just throw something out there. You say 2% chance, well they had a 1.7% chance to get the #1 pick. I think Cavs fans will take those odds :laugh2:

Lol

utl768
07-09-2014, 02:10 PM

he wants to compete for a title the next few yrs he sticks in miami

its that simple

hugepatsfan
07-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Tyler.

Ainge is doing work and with Stevens and if they draft right Boston might have the best re-build going right now even over Philly IMO. Could possibly go hard after Love as FA too in a year or two depending on what he does.

Damn got my Zellers messed up lol

PHI has a potential franchise player in Embiid so I give them the edge. BOS doesn't have that. However, we do have Rondo. He's not a star on the court (overrated player) but he's a recruiting tool. That's why I'm not sure Danny trades him. You mentioned Love... if he did make it to free agency Rondo might be able to recruit him. I think that's what Ainge is holding out hope for since we don't have the pieces to trade for him (MIN isn't interested in rebuilding so our assets don't help them). I have a feeling we're going to hold onto Rondo until that no longer becomes an option. Love getting traded to CLE (w/ Lebron there) or GS would push the trade Rondo plan into motion IMO. If Minny holds onto him we'll keep Rondo in hope of making a free agent push.

JNA17
07-09-2014, 02:12 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3473029/vw-oh-snap-o.gif

The Captain
07-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Dude, why do you care so much?

Because he is a veteran poster and veteran posters often make the mistake of thinking that being a veteran poster gives them some sort of credibility/status. (It doesn't)

xnick5757
07-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 2m
I hope LeBron goes back to Cleveland, but that reported 3-teamer happened today only b/c Boston was about to lose that big trade exception.

something to keep in mind.

Corey
07-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 2m
I hope LeBron goes back to Cleveland, but that reported 3-teamer happened today only b/c Boston was about to lose that big trade exception.

something to keep in mind.

It doesn't expire until Saturday. They can only use it between the 10th-12th.

JNA17
07-09-2014, 03:35 PM
It doesn't expire until Saturday. They can only use it between the 10th-12th.

What trade exception exactly?

CELTICS4LYFE
07-09-2014, 03:37 PM
What trade exception exactly?

Paul Pierce from the Nets trade, 10.3m

MJL80
07-09-2014, 03:41 PM
he wants to compete for a title the next few yrs he sticks in miami

its that simple

Seriously??!?!?!

LeBron going to the Cavs almost instantly makes them the team to beat in the East next year.

Cavs just completed a 3 team trade w/ Bkln and Bos to free up cap space to bring in whoever LeBron wants to play with -- assuming it's Ray Allen and Mike Miller. They already have Irving, the 2nd best PG in the NBA IMO (to Chris Paul). If LeBron wants Love, they can trade Wiggins for him.

LeBron/Irving/Love is WAY better than LeBron/Bosh/Broken down DWade

ANDDD the Cavs have 3 1st Round picks next year.

So if LeBron wants to continue to win AND become a hero in Cleveland again, go to the Cavs.

I hope he does sign in Cleveland

apocalypse15
07-09-2014, 03:44 PM
On a scale of 1-10 how good of a deal is this for C's?

bbd24
07-09-2014, 03:48 PM
On a scale of 1-10 how good of a deal is this for C's?

You gave up a TPE (some don't even get used up btw) for a 1st round pick, an expiring contract, and a 2nd year Center whose still developing his game.

You got that for basically nothing. That's a helluva move.

rhd420
07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
heck, players are getting traded more for their expiring contracts as opposed to actual talent

Regardless of talent swapped - the Cavs and the Celtics freeing up cap room is a positive either this year or the following year, even if they don't get the free agents like LeBron or Love

I wish they had a rule like the NFL that you can cut guys due to salary cap casualties and the league get younger and more competitive, players knowing that they are playing for their jobs every year as opposed to being protected by their contracts.

TheMightyHumph
07-09-2014, 03:56 PM

You gave up a TPE (some don't even get used up btw) for a 1st round pick, an expiring contract, and a 2nd year Center whose still developing his game.

You got that for basically nothing. That's a helluva move.

Celts did great, but they do have to pay Thornton this season.

PAOboston
07-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Great move by Ainge yet again. Did well to cash in on that TPE instead of letting it expire. While Zeller's overall numbers don't jump out at you, I do think he is a good system fit for the Brad Stevens offense. Also, Stevens also tried hard to recruit the Zeller brothers to come play for him at Butler. He's still young and Cleveland isn't exactly a very good place for young players to develop. I think he'll be more than serviceable in Boston and it will allow Sullinger/Olynyk to focus on playing the 4.

Thornton is an just an expiring contract. He was the price to be paid to get yet another 1st round pick. I think the C's have something crazy like 10 1st round picks in the next 4 years now.

Kenny Powders
07-09-2014, 04:09 PM

Aren't you the one who said all four were going to the Heat for discounts. Talk about absolutes.

Rockice_8
07-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Both the Nets and C's did great. Nets added a solid backup PG in Jack who is just one year removed from one of the best 6th men in the league and added a first round pick from last year (Karasev) for an expiring.

Nets are adding young talent without having much to work with.

Bogdanovic, Karasev, Markel Brown all have been added for basically nothing but money and an expiring.

BCpatsox18
07-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Can anyone who watched him play give me a scouting report on Zeller? Don't know much about him other than being the 17th pick

Melo15
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Great move by Ainge yet again. Did well to cash in on that TPE instead of letting it expire. While Zeller's overall numbers don't jump out at you, I do think he is a good system fit for the Brad Stevens offense. Also, Stevens also tried hard to recruit the Zeller brothers to come play for him at Butler. He's still young and Cleveland isn't exactly a very good place for young players to develop. I think he'll be more than serviceable in Boston and it will allow Sullinger/Olynyk to focus on playing the 4.

Thornton is an just an expiring contract. He was the price to be paid to get yet another 1st round pick. I think the C's have something crazy like 10 1st round picks in the next 4 years now.

As a Cavs fan let me be the first to tell you you'll love Zeller. He has a lot to work on but he also has a lot of skills that are going to make him a pretty solid player. He needs to get stronger but he already has a mean streak and is certainly tough enough to hang in the post. I hate seeing Zeller leave, this is a great move for you.

Melo15
07-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Can anyone who watched him play give me a scouting report on Zeller? Don't know much about him other than being the 17th pick

He's still developing. His 1st year he was thriving as a big off the bench but due to injuries he was pushed into a starting role and with that and too many minutes he ended up being overmatched. This past year he really played well. Brought solid defense, rebounding, and decent scoring off the bench. His jumper started to show more as the year went on and he started to thrive in the pick and roll game. I'd say his ceiling is a solid bench big but he's definitely a nice piece to add for simply taking on salary.

BCpatsox18
07-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks!

bbd24
07-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Celts did great, but they do have to pay Thornton this season.

Sure, but he's an expiring contract and another asset. Could be moved at the deadline for yet another asset (a la Jordan Crawford) if the deal is right, or you just let him expire.

You have Thornton, Bass, and Anthony now who all expire. You could ship them out and take on a max player without handcuffing whomever you trade with going forward. No long term money to ship out whatsoever.

Boston truly has a GM that knows what he's doing.

Dade County
07-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Everything that came out of Bosh mouth that he wants to stay in Miami.... WITH LeBron. If LBJ is gone, so is Bosh.

Bosh never said once that he will leave if Lbj isn't there. You are making stuff up just like the media.

...if Lebron is there. I'm not speaking in absolutes, but I'd be willing to bet there's a greater than 50 percent chance that Bosh goes to Houston if Lebron leaves for Cleveland.

Thats great that you feel that way... Bosh might feel something different, like no matter what I am staying in Miami. We just don't know.

But if we use what we have, out of Bosh's on mouth, he says he would like to stay in Miami.

The only reason he stays in Miami is if they acquire another star to replace Lebron or if they can match the Rockets financially and convince him to stay based on loyalty to the franchise.

True, I still think they are going to target Melo.

The first is nearly impossible. The second is possible, but not really logical. If you can go somewhere else to make similar money and play for a far more talented basketball team that gives you a far greater chance to win titles, you leave.

Your a fan of the rockets, so you believe that your team can actually win one... I don't believe the Rockets will make it out of the West; I don't see you getting passed OKC (Bosh or no Bosh). But anything can happen.

As of right now Harden doesn't have the mindset, game or know how, to lead a team to the Final's. So that means you are depending on Howard to bring you to the promise land.

Houston has talent for sure though, but that doesn't mean they know how to win a tough playoffs series. We will see how things go in year 2.

Aren't you the one who said all four were going to the Heat for discounts. Talk about absolutes.

I always use "think", "believe" or add in a lol or something along the lines.

But I do "believe" these players already know where they are going to be playing next year; and I do "believe" they are trying to all team up.

TheMightyHumph
07-09-2014, 06:42 PM

Not as good as Cody

hugepatsfan
07-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Doesn't CLE get a trade exception out of this?

IversonIsKrazy
07-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Hol' up, is this Brooklyn's first rounder that's getting traded? How long into the future is it lol

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 08:39 PM
No way the Cavs do this unless they know they are giving the max to somebody.

Metsboi69
07-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Hol' up, is this Brooklyn's first rounder that's getting traded? How long into the future is it lol

Cleveland gave up the first. From a Nets perspective it was a no brainer with Prokorov not giving a damn about the luxury tax.

Nets pick up a backup PG they need, and hopefully a young asset in Karasev, while giving up Thorton who had just one fewer year than Jack. With the Nets in cap hell for at least another two years there's no downside so while normally Billy King's move are questionable at best this seems to be solid for the Nets and lets be honest all teams involved(assuming the Cavs get Lebron).

PAOboston
07-09-2014, 09:56 PM
No way the Cavs do this unless they know they are giving the max to somebody.
Logic points that way. Then you realize it's the Cleveland Cavaliers. They are arguably one of the poorest run franchises in the past decade. So quite honestly, I almost expect this to blow up in their face.