PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Free Agent Prize

SILVER SEAVER
07-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Summer of 2016 should be very interesting with Durant and Westbrook becoming free agents. Does one stay and the other go or do they both split OKC for max money elsewhere?

goingfor28
07-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Westbrook will be a laker

jerellh528
07-08-2014, 10:39 PM
This is about a year and 3/4 premature

thomass
07-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Durant and Westbrook will both be Memphis grizzles.

Aust
07-08-2014, 10:40 PM
They'll both probably stay unless Westbrook wants to be "the guy" somewhere else, they don't win a title or their relationship declines. I would for sure love either one on my team. Great players.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 10:41 PM
If Gasol goes to OKC this summer, you can bet on the fact that OKC will win the title either next yr (2015) or the yr after that (2016). If that happens, Westbrook and Durant are staying in OKC. Book it!

Mr.B
07-08-2014, 10:42 PM
The rumor in Dallas is that Cuban is going to make a major push to land KD. Dirk will be in the last year if his contract and KD will be set up to be the new face of the franchise.

NBA_Starter
07-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Durant

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Bookmarked for 2016...

Aust
07-08-2014, 10:45 PM
The rumor in Dallas is that Cuban is going to make a major push to land KD. Dirk will be in the last year if his contract and KD will be set up to be the new face of the franchise.

So he'll have to wait? Kobe's contract will be up so he can be the guy right away :)

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 10:47 PM

Is this because he went to Univeristy of Texas?

Mr.B
07-08-2014, 10:47 PM
So he'll have to wait? Kobe's contract will be up so he can be the guy right away :)
Melo will be the face of the Lakers already.

SILVER SEAVER
07-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Westbrook to Lakers and Durant to Chicago if Melo doesn't go there which he's not. Rose would probably love to play with Durant....two humble superstars.

Mr.B
07-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Is this because he went to Univeristy of Texas?
What the heck does that have to do with anything?

Nothing in KD's personality suggest that he has a huge desire to play in LA or NY. In fact he has always shied away from the huge bright lights that would come with playing in a city like LA or NY. He's also been playing for an underachieving coach. In Dallas he gets neither of those. He would get paid, he would get to play for on the top 5 coaches in the NBA, and he knows he Cuban would put a winning team around him.

sens#11fan
07-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Kd doesn't seem like the type of guy that would leave, he's humble and loyal like Dirk and Duncan.

Aust
07-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Melo will be the face of the Lakers already.

That's the meanest thing you have ever said to me. :(

bleedprple&gold
07-08-2014, 11:20 PM
We have no idea where anyone is going in 2014 and youre already talking about 2016?

hugepatsfan
07-08-2014, 11:29 PM
As of right now BOS will be able to sign Durant and another player to max contracts in 2016 to add to a core of Marcus Smart, Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley, James Young, Vitor Faverani, Colt Iverson, 2 2015 1st round picks (3 if PHI somehow makes the playoffs next year but that's highly, highly unlikely), and 2 2016 1st round picks. Jared Sullinger would also be an RFA whose Bird Rights we would own.

I think Marcus Smart can be a 18/5/4 PG in the NBA. I think Olynyk can be a 17/8/3 guy. Bradley is an all NBA caliber defender and can get you 15 a night. Sullinger would be an excellent PF/C off the bench. James Young is very raw but I do think he can be a solid scorer off the bench (like 10-15 points a night). If BOS goes the rebuilding route for 2 more years then at least 2 of those 4 15-16 1st round picks should be in the lottery. The 2016 pick from BRK may very be in the lottery or close to it too with how old some of those guys are and some young teams in the East improving (CLE, CHA, MIL, TOR, WAS) improving. You add Kevin Durant and another max player to that and all of a sudden you're looking at one heck of a team.

Here's hoping Lebron takes a 2 year deal and then him and Durant come team up in BOS in 2016.

Smart
Durant/Bradley
Lebron/Young
Olynyk/Sullinger
(find a good C between all those 1st round picks)/Faverani/Iverson

I can dream, right?

bgdreton
07-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Lol Olynyk a 17/8/3 guy ya your dreaming... Maybe on a bad team playing 36 min per but not a good team that would make Lebron and Durant be like ya I'm going there... Fun stuff!

LAKobeBryant
07-08-2014, 11:58 PM
durant to toronto

east fb knicks
07-09-2014, 12:01 AM
d12 will also be a free agent in 2016 it all depends on if westy or kd wanna team up with him

Dade County
07-09-2014, 12:06 AM
KD to... Knicks, HEAT or Bulls

West to... Lakers

Unless they win a title in OKC first.

MiamiBoy77
07-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Durant will go to Washington

Wall/Beal/Durant/Seraphin/Gortat

Mr.B
07-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Durant is definitely not the type of player to "team up" with multiple super stars. Doesn't fit his personality. Personally I don't see him leaving OKC. If he did leave I don't see him going to LA or NY either. If he did leave I could see him playing in Golden State. And as I already stated the Mavs are also going to make a run at him.

scissors
07-09-2014, 12:51 AM
Lol Olynyk a 17/8/3 guy ya your dreaming... Maybe on a bad team playing 36 min per but not a good team that would make Lebron and Durant be like ya I'm going there... Fun stuff!

This was my first reaction too. Now he was on a bad team but also in his rookie season. His P/36 were 15.6 and 9.6 with pretty good shooting efficiency.

GunFactor187
07-09-2014, 02:02 AM
If HOU strikes out this offseason I definitely see them as the primary suitor for Kevin Durant. I don't usually buy into what Jalen Rose says but his theory about KD potentially rejoining forces with Harden and the potential to play with Dwight just has too much plausibility there. Also his theory about WB and Love playing together in LA (provided that they also strike out this offseason) is definitely sound as well.

blastmasta26
07-09-2014, 03:55 AM
We have no idea where anyone is going in 2014 and youre already talking about 2016?

Exactly what I was gonna say.

P&GRealist
07-09-2014, 04:16 AM
What the heck does that have to do with anything?

Nothing in KD's personality suggest that he has a huge desire to play in LA or NY. In fact he has always shied away from the huge bright lights that would come with playing in a city like LA or NY. He's also been playing for an underachieving coach. In Dallas he gets neither of those. He would get paid, he would get to play for on the top 5 coaches in the NBA, and he knows he Cuban would put a winning team around him.

As good in 50 win seasons the Mavs have had, they have only 1 championship to show for it. And this is with repeatedly having stack teams in the 2000s and on.

I remember one yr they had Nash, Dirk, Finley, NickVan, Jamison and Walker and they underachieved vastly.

east fb knicks
07-09-2014, 04:25 AM
As good in 50 win seasons the Mavs have had, they have only 1 championship to show for it. And this is with repeatedly having stack teams in the 2000s and on.

I remember one yr they had Nash, Dirk, Finley, NickVan, Jamison and Walker and they underachieved vastly.
to be fair the mavs were always a stacked team but never had that rim protector until they got tyson

numba1CHANGsta
07-09-2014, 04:42 AM
Westbrook and KD will go to the Heat just like everyone else:

Westbrook
Melo
Durant
LBJ
Bosh
6th man: Wade

Punk
07-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Hypothetically speaking, if he does leave OKC. Brooklyn has the best opportunity to sign Durant, IMO.

-Nets will have 45 million in cap room. Only D-Will and Plumlee will be on the books. They can get rid of Deron via stretch provision freeing up 59 million in cap room.

-Nets can give Durant his max contract and still have tons of cash to put an all-star cast around him like Joakim Noah, Al Horford, DeRozan, etc.

-Durant would be the biggest superstar athlete in New York which means huge endorsements and global branding.

-Jay-Z is still a huge Nets fan, season ticket holder, still owns his shares in Barclays Center and Durant is signed with the Roc Nation agency. If Rich Paul from Cleveland is pushing LeBron back to Cleveland, imagine what Jay-Z could do.

-Durant has quietly done community-based promotional events in Brooklyn for Nike during the summer. He has been a frequent vistor to NY since he joined Roc Nation.

-Most importantly, he wouldn't have to worry about another James Harden situation. Prokharov will always spend deep in the luxury tax to acquire talent for Durant regardless of the price. Something OKC and most teams can't provide except the Lakers.

east fb knicks
07-09-2014, 05:32 AM
Hypothetically speaking, if he does leave OKC. Brooklyn has the best opportunity to sign Durant, IMO.

-Nets will have 45 million in cap room. Only D-Will and Plumlee will be on the books. They can get rid of Deron via stretch provision freeing up 59 million in cap room.

-Nets can give Durant his max contract and still have tons of cash to put an all-star cast around him like Joakim Noah, Al Horford, DeRozan, etc.

-Durant would be the biggest superstar athlete in New York which means huge endorsements and global branding.

-Jay-Z is still a huge Nets fan, season ticket holder, still owns his shares in Barclays Center and Durant is signed with the Roc Nation agency. If Rich Paul from Cleveland is pushing LeBron back to Cleveland, imagine what Jay-Z could do.

-Durant has quietly done community-based promotional events in Brooklyn for Nike during the summer. He has been a frequent vistor to NY since he joined Roc Nation.

-Most importantly, he wouldn't have to worry about another James Harden situation. Prokharov will always spend deep in the luxury tax to acquire talent for Durant regardless of the price. Something OKC and most teams can't provide except the Lakers.

im kinda thinking d12 finally goes to bk and takes kd with him:hide: but why stretch dwill better to just let his contract expire and playing with kd and d12 might resurrect his career

Redrum187
07-09-2014, 05:35 AM
I'm waiting for the 2050 FA prize thread... or is it too late to do that as it's just around the corner (36 years from now)? Perhaps I should have done it last year, oh well. :(

thenaj17
07-09-2014, 07:26 AM
I'm waiting for the 2050 FA prize thread... or is it too late to do that as it's just around the corner (36 years from now)? Perhaps I should have done it last year, oh well. :(

This

Mr.B
07-09-2014, 09:06 AM

If you remember those Mavs teams in the early 2000's you'll also remember that they were coached by Don Nelson. His teams are fun to watch but they play absolutely zero defense. That's the way he coaches. He would actually bench guys for playing defense and not getting back on offense. It wasn't until they fired Nelson and hired Avery Johnson that they actually started playing defense. That's also when they brought in Dampier and Devin Harris. Thats when they made it to the Finals. I'm not going to get in to how they lost that Finals in '06.

hugepatsfan
07-09-2014, 09:08 AM

Kelly Olynyk was a lottery pick (#13) and made 2nd team all rookie last year (admittedly a down class). It's not like I'm projecting some scrub to be a great player. I'm predicting a lottery pick coming off a solid rookie year to be a good player but not even an all star. He's a bit of a project on the defensive end but per 36 last year was 15.6/9.2/2.8. I don't see how projecting 17/7/3 is unrealistic. He's a skilled passer from the post so on the assist part he might very well be over 3 a game if he's featured more in that role as he becomes a better all around player. He isn't a strong rebounder so I think even with more minutes he would struggle to reach that 9.2/game number. On defense he's a bit of a project but it also didn't help him that he had to play C for us last year. Long term I expect Danny Ainge will get a more legitimate defensive/rebounding center. On the scoring part he shot 46.7% from the field last year (50% from 2 and 35.1% from 3). However, over his last 35 games (he played 70 games so I just split it in half) he upped his overall shooting percentage to 49.7% and his 3 point shooting percentage to 37.8%. As a rookie I think it's fair to project improvement off of last year so again, I don't think my projections are at all unrealistic... 17/7/3 in about 33ish minutes per game... he'll be a less than ideal rebounder, never a great defender but hopefully he can be servicable in team D (a really strong defensive backcour of Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley will help that, as would us getting a good C).

Like I said in my post Lebron and Durant dreaming is no doubt a dream. But I don't think my projections for Olynyk (or Smart for that matter) were at all unrealistic.

NYKNYGNYY
07-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Durant is definitely not the type of player to "team up" with multiple super stars. Doesn't fit his personality. Personally I don't see him leaving OKC. If he did leave I don't see him going to LA or NY either. If he did leave I could see him playing in Golden State. And as I already stated the Mavs are also going to make a run at him.

Hate these threads everyone says "they're not goin to your team they're goin to mine!"

cdnsportsfan
07-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Durant to Toronto, Vasquez will keep his promise and get it done! :clap:

The Raps will have at least $23mil in cap space to work with next season just from expiring contracts, they'll be able to offer him a max deal. Plus they have a solid, young supporting cast in place already.

They're not goin to your team they're goin to mine! :D

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 11:04 AM

I can't wait for that one! There's a lot of great talent that hasn't been born yet that should make that one exciting.