PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan: Lebron 90 percent likely to go to Cleveland, plans to announce on website

Pages : [1] 2 3

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 07:49 PM
I realize there are a ton of free agent threads, but this got buried in the other Lebron thread and it seems like a bold enough statement to be worthy of its own thread. Here's the full story here:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/08/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-8-edition/

Sheridan says Lebron could make the announcement as early as Wednesday evening, although it may be until Thursday or later. If he's right, there's about to be a huge ripple effect throughout the league. The next 48 hours ought to be very interesting.

goingfor28
07-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Good

Aust
07-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Let those dominoes start to fall finally.

bleedprple&gold
07-08-2014, 07:55 PM
I hate % this % that. Where is he getting 90% and if you're going to throw out numbers like that then give us the reasons why theres a 10% chance he doesn't go otherwise the numbers are meaningless.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2014, 07:55 PM
I'd love it. He got a couple rings, now go fulfill the promise you made to Cleveland.

Dark Donnie
07-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Finally..... Prob best shot to
Be competitive for multiple years. Young core.

P&GRealist
Sheridan is that ESPN reject guy that now tries to make stuff out of his butt, much like Bucher. Sheridan don't know jack squat.

How can you project that when Riles and Bron haven't even met yet?

The Cleveland rumors are all a ploy by Riley, Bron and his people Paul and Maverick (and Windhorst).

GREATNESS ONE
Lebron to Cleveland

Melo/Gasol to Los Angeles

Bosh to Houston

Wade back to Miami

NBA_Starter
07-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Sheridan was right in 2010.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Lebron to Cleveland

Bosh to Houston

Wade back to Miami
LeBron/Melo/Wade to Miami

Bosh to Houston

Cleveland and Lakers left crying.

GREATNESS ONE

Sometimes you gotta just

BO lieve.

Burkey3472
Can't say I'm shocked if this is true. He wanted to see the Heat improve their roster and bringing in McBob and Granger really isn't the improvements he was looking for.

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2014, 07:59 PM

Bosh to Houston

;) The Kobe & Melo Show

KINGOFSPORTS
07-08-2014, 08:01 PM
And now the NBA is irrelevant...

yankeefan54
07-08-2014, 08:01 PM
lol 90 percent why 90.

jerellh528
07-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Two Lebron to Cleveland threads goig at one time lol. Mods merge this plz

GiantsSwaGG
07-08-2014, 08:03 PM
FREE PRAISE JESUS...

One of the best sources out there

Ill21
07-08-2014, 08:04 PM
And now the NBA is irrelevant...

wut?

Aust
07-08-2014, 08:04 PM
who will join him in Cleveland? He can't win all by himself there

Somebody asked this on Sheridan's twitter. This is what annoys me when it comes to what some people say about James. People ALWAYS have an excuse for him. Is he going to an empty roster or something??

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Personally, I take everything from any source with a grain of salt at this point until we hear an official announcement from somebody. But I do think it makes a lot of sense from Lebron's perspective. If his goal is to redeem himself from all the backlash he got from the Decision and finally bring a championship to Cleveland, now is the perfect time to do it. Cleveland has enough talent on the roster to at least be a contender in the East. And with a move to get one more piece (possibly for Love?), they could be a contender for years.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 08:09 PM

I addressed this already in the original post. I originally posted this in the other Lebron thread, but it was completely dead and got buried. This was big enough news on a slow day when we're all just waiting to hear or read something, that I felt it warranted its own thread. I'm fine if mods merge the threads, but I'd like to see them mention an update on whatever page I posted that link for posters who want some kind of update on the Lebron situation.

bleedprple&gold
07-08-2014, 08:09 PM
who will join him in Cleveland? He can't win all by himself there

Somebody asked this on Sheridan's twitter. This is what annoys me when it comes to what some people say about James. People ALWAYS have an excuse for him. Is he going to an empty roster or something??

Yea seriously. He left for 4 years and while he was gone they only just got five top 4 picks, three of which were the number 1 overall. I mean you can't accumulate more talent than that in such a short time. All those young guys have tons of potential. He's definitely not going to an empty roster.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
lol 90 percent why 90.

Because It's right between 80 and 100. And it just sounds nice.

bleedprple&gold
07-08-2014, 08:11 PM

I addressed this already in the original post. I originally posted this in the other Lebron thread, but it was completely dead and got buried. This was big enough news on a slow day when we're all just waiting to hear or read something, that I felt it warranted its own thread. I'm fine if mods merge the threads, but I'd like to see them mention an update on whatever page I posted that link for posters who want some kind of update on the Lebron situation.

Wows that's asking a lot of the mods there. Don't know if they can handle all that.

Red_Pill
07-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Personally, I take everything from any source with a grain of salt at this point until we hear an official announcement from somebody. But I do think it makes a lot of sense from Lebron's perspective. If his goal is to redeem himself from all the backlash he got from the Decision and finally bring a championship to Cleveland, now is the perfect time to do it. Cleveland has enough talent on the roster to at least be a contender in the East. And with a move to get one more piece (possibly for Love?), they could be a contender for years.

Agree. If he goes to Cleveland, they're at the very least, going to the East finals. Kyrie is better than any guard on the Heat, Wiggins has superstar potential, Waiters is a quality scorer, Tristan Thompson is a double-double machine, and Andy V can rebound with the best of them. You add James into that mix, and the team is formidable.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Yea seriously. He left for 4 years and while he was gone they only just got five top 4 picks, three of which were the number 1 overall. I mean you can't accumulate more talent than that in such a short time. All those young guys have tons of potential. He's definitely not going to an empty roster.

Plus they have assets to acquire Love if they really want the guy. If I'm Minnesota and I have the option of either sticking with Love until the trade deadline, taking whatever a team is willing to offer me without a guarantee from Love that he'll re-sign there or Andrew freaking Wiggins, I'm taking Wiggins and am thrilled to get that much for Love's last season.

Duncan = Donkey
07-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Lol, I love how he says he could announce it Wednesday, Thursday or later. Really going out on a ledge there.

Riodagoat
07-08-2014, 08:16 PM
I like how he picked 90. I mean it does sound better than 89 or 91 percent chance. Sounds more believable.

yankeefan54
07-08-2014, 08:17 PM
i really hope lebron goes back. he belongs there. I really wish he never left.

jerellh528
07-08-2014, 08:17 PM

I know you addressed it in your original post, but that point is irrelevant. Obviously if it died in the other thread, it wasn't worthy of it's own. Giving ya crap, but seriously there's like 10 bron threads on the front page right now lol

mike_noodles
07-08-2014, 08:19 PM
So another reporter doesn't know anything really, just takes a shot in the dark hoping something goes down soon. If not, his "sources" will come up with something new to push it along. Anything for followers and website traffic.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 08:20 PM
I know you addressed it in your original post, but that point is irrelevant. Obviously if it died in the other thread, it wasn't worthy of it's own. Giving ya crap, but seriously there's like 10 bron threads on the front page right now lol

It's free agency, bro. It's without a doubt the most interesting thing worth discussing right now. Normally I'd agree with you that we don't need poster over-saturating the NBA forum with posts on the same subject, but we're all starved for information right now as we wait to hear anything. If an even remotely reputable source has any kind of update on the matter, it's worth a thread at this point.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 08:21 PM
2014 NBA Free Agency > 2014 NBA Season

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 08:22 PM
So another reporter doesn't know anything really, just takes a shot in the dark hoping something goes down soon. If not, his "sources" will come up with something new to push it along. Anything for followers and website traffic.

As a journalist myself, I would like to think any other journalist would not publish something like this unless they legitimately trusted a source. Because if this source is full of **** and Sheridan turns out to be wrong, he's going to look like a complete idiot and no one will take him seriously again.

Arch Stanton
07-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Sheridan said 90% chance LeBron to Heat in 2010.

JEDean89
07-08-2014, 08:28 PM
i personally have stopped following anything sheridan calls truth after he was adament (like up until it happened) that the lockout wasn't going to happen. he was also fired from ESPN which tells us all something. anytime someone puts a % on something like this is clearly pulling from the butt.

Red_Pill
07-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Plus they have assets to acquire Love if they really want the guy. If I'm Minnesota and I have the option of either sticking with Love until the trade deadline, taking whatever a team is willing to offer me without a guarantee from Love that he'll re-sign there or Andrew freaking Wiggins, I'm taking Wiggins and am thrilled to get that much for Love's last season.

They're not going to want to give up Wiggins. And they don't necessarily have too.

Waiters, Thompson, and a couple draft picks could get it done.

Dade County
07-08-2014, 08:30 PM
OP...

Why even create this thread, is Sheridan source Lbj agent or Lbj himself? Did a reporter talk to Lbj wife or did one of his kids spill the beans?

What is Sheridan basing the 90% off of?

jerellh528
07-08-2014, 08:30 PM
It's free agency, bro. It's without a doubt the most interesting thing worth discussing right now. Normally I'd agree with you that we don't need poster over-saturating the NBA forum with posts on the same subject, but we're all starved for information right now as we wait to hear anything. If an even remotely reputable source has any kind of update on the matter, it's worth a thread at this point.

Fair enough, as a laker fan I'm at work but check psd for updates like every 5 mins

NBA_Starter
07-08-2014, 08:31 PM
OP...

Why even create this thread, is Sheridan source Lbj agent or Lbj himself? Did a reporter talk to Lbj wife or did one of his kids spill the beans?

He has a source in LBJ's camp.

5ass
07-08-2014, 08:31 PM
has anyone checked his website? "I'm just a kid from Akron, Ohio"

MagicBucsSox
07-08-2014, 08:32 PM

No he piggy back off stephen A after everyone called Smith a lunatic

mike_noodles
As a journalist myself, I would like to think any other journalist would not publish something like this unless they legitimately trusted a source. Because if this source is full of **** and Sheridan turns out to be wrong, he's going to look like a complete idiot and no one will take him seriously again.

But people don't care. Look at Lowry, it was a done deal according to Michael Grange's "sources", gonna be done at 12:01 on July 1st, but it wasn't, then it was reported by the same guy two days later that he was weighing all of his options. And there's so many of them, it's ridiculous, social media has changed the integrity of sports reporters/journalist for the worse. Fiends like us, the PSD crowd all fall into the trap. We want our info now, and so they tweet or write something, and we all check it out asap.

Give it 12 hours and Bleacher Report will run with it, changing it up slightly, then that gets on the front page of PSD.

ManRam
I hope Sheridan is right.

I doubt Sheridan is right.

5ass
07-08-2014, 08:33 PM
is that the announcement??

5ass
07-08-2014, 08:34 PM
http://lebronjames.com/
i think that's it

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Just a Kid From Akron, Ohio...

NOT CLEVELAND OHIO!!!!!

You guys need to get over it, it's MIAMI MIAMI MIAMI!!!!!!

nastynice
07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Lol, I love how he says he could announce it Wednesday, Thursday or later. Really going out on a ledge there.

lol

cssdmark
07-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Lebron to Cleveland

Bosh to Houston

Wade back to Miami
Almost correct Melo & Gadol to NYC

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Almost correct Melo & Gadol to NYC

Yes, Gasol will go to NYC for the mini-MLE of $3.2M

Hawkamania
07-08-2014, 08:41 PM
I will take his prediction with a grain of salt, but I hope he's right and the Cavs are where Lebron ends up. It would certainly make free agency much more interesting going forward.

d00d
07-08-2014, 08:44 PM
has his website always said
"Just a Kid From
Akron, Ohio" on the front page????

bleedprple&gold
07-08-2014, 08:45 PM

You would think but you see people publish bogus info from their so called "sources" seemingly on an everyday basis. The integrity has has long sailed in this business.

Melo15
07-08-2014, 08:48 PM
No he piggy back off stephen A after everyone called Smith a lunatic

You're confusing Sheridan with Broussard. Sheridan had him going to Miami (using the same 90%) on May 14th

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br-KiWCIEAAu7ac.jpg:large

Could definitely just be a lucky guess but it's interesting to look at. Also with how he's backing it up on his timeline he's definitely convinced it's happening. His source may be wrong but Sheridan sure has a lot of confidence in him. He's putting a lot of his credibility on the line.

kozelkid
07-08-2014, 08:49 PM

Bosh to Houston

I don't think people understand how cap works. There is literally no way for Miami to financially put the bait and switch from Bosh to Melo. Miami has Bosh's bird rights, but not Melo's. So if Lebron wants max, then Melo and Wade have to make severe salary cuts because unlike with the original big 3 where they just have to be under the hard-cap of roughly 81mil, with melo they would have to be under 55 mil.

J4KOP99
07-08-2014, 08:50 PM
I'd like to see that math... 90%?

bloomis1307
07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
I have felt a great disturbance in the Miami Heat, as if thousands of fans cried out

http://youtu.be/ee925OTFBCA?t=14s

beasted86
07-08-2014, 08:57 PM
I hate % this % that. Where is he getting 90% and if you're going to throw out numbers like that then give us the reasons why theres a 10% chance he doesn't go otherwise the numbers are meaningless.

Agreed. I say if you are going to be bold, be bold. Say 100% like Stephen A. Smith in 2010. Don't give yourself an out. I'm sure LeBron did not tell his agent or anyone "I'm 90% going to be signing with ...."

NYSpirit1
07-08-2014, 08:58 PM
This is ridiculous - I hate this free agency period.

I don't like Melo's body language. It's terrible. He's holding our franchise hostage. I'd love to build around him, but if he doesn't want to be here, just leave man. Don't hold us up. We don't need you then. This is NYC.

And LeBron's acting like a little baby again, holding the whole LEAGUE hostage. It's already 8 days in and the biggest news is Lowry / Gortat re-signing. Literally no one has signed anything, not even Paul Pierce.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 09:01 PM

I don't like Melo's body language. It's terrible. He's holding our franchise hostage. I'd love to build around him, but if he doesn't want to be here, just leave man. Don't hold us up. We don't need you then. This is NYC.

And LeBron's acting like a little baby again, holding the whole LEAGUE hostage. It's already 8 days in and the biggest news is Lowry / Gortat re-signing. Literally no one has signed anything, not even Paul Pierce.

He's holding the Lakers hostage even more so. We could be going after Isaiah Thomas and Lance Stephenson for our future, but can't. You guys aren't even going to do anything until next summer anyways when Amare, Bargnani and all of that load of crap on your roster expires. THEN Phil can work with something for once.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 09:02 PM
I don't think people understand how cap works. There is literally no way for Miami to financially put the bait and switch from Bosh to Melo. Miami has Bosh's bird rights, but not Melo's. So if Lebron wants max, then Melo and Wade have to make severe salary cuts because unlike with the original big 3 where they just have to be under the hard-cap of roughly 81mil, with melo they would have to be under 55 mil.

Bron the max, Melo at 17-18 (he'll take the pay cut if he really wants to play with LeBron, he's the guy leaving his team to team up with a guy who's already won a title), and Wade at 11-12/yr.

Shkelqim
07-08-2014, 09:03 PM
LeBron runs basketball. Adam Silver should just pay him 30 mil a year. As much as people downgrade him, they pay to see his every step. Nobody would ever get this much attention nd this is only PSD.

prodigy
07-08-2014, 09:03 PM
I don't buy the rumors that lebron is just using cavs. He can't be that dumb to play with peoples emotions that he already f'ed over once on national TV.

NBA_Starter
07-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Hopefully he announces tomorrow night.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Hopefully he announces tomorrow night.

Yup, all you have to do is ......BOOOOOOO....LLLIIIIIEEEEEEVVVEEEEE!!!!! :D

mike_noodles
07-08-2014, 09:09 PM
You would think but you see people publish bogus info from their so called "sources" seemingly on an everyday basis. The integrity has has long sailed in this business.

True, but it's more pronounced with the internet. We can all be looking at the info within seconds.

Crackadalic
07-08-2014, 09:13 PM
If this happen more parity in the East

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Yup, all you have to do is ......BOOOOOOO....LLLIIIIIEEEEEEVVVEEEEE!!!!! :D

:laugh2: I couldn't help Myself either but do the se thing earlier llullz

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 09:16 PM
If this happen more parity in the East

Not really, depends what happens with Melo. Does he stay in NYK then or still bolt out West to LA?

Knicks will still suck with or without Melo. Just not enough talent on that roster, Melo doesn't have a legitimate #2 or #3 option to play with. They'll be slightly better because of the Triangle.

Bulls - well, D.Rose, healthy or not healthy?

MIA - Bosh will be gone as well if Bron leaves, so now you have a big 3 of Wade/McBob/Granger. Have fun.

IND - They should be back if they resign Lance and grow up

BKN - Pierce may stay or bolt to LAC in S&T, KG in his last legs, coaching change, DWIll (healthy or not healthy) ??

WIZ - Can they resign Ariza?

Still too many uncertainties out East. The West is still where it's at, especially if Melo goes to Lakers and Bosh goes to Rockets. Rockets can be a top 3 contender out west while the Lakers can squeeze into that 7th-8th seed.

NYSpirit1
07-08-2014, 09:26 PM
He's holding the Lakers hostage even more so. We could be going after Isaiah Thomas and Lance Stephenson for our future, but can't. You guys aren't even going to do anything until next summer anyways when Amare, Bargnani and all of that load of crap on your roster expires. THEN Phil can work with something for once.

I agree. The whole process sucks and you have three guys preventing probably 10-15 really quality players from signing with teams.

It just makes me think less of Melo as our franchise guy and less of LeBron as well. You have Duncan and Dirk not thinking twice, so loyal, staying with their teams that they LOVE and then you have LeBron bouncing around the league every four years because he can't cakewalk to the Finals. And then you have Melo holding three franchises hostage at once. It's ridiculous.

Try to win a title with your damn team and bring some glory there. Wow.

3ballbomber
07-08-2014, 09:28 PM
funny ain't it! it's etched on the masses psyche that Lebron can only win if he stacks his team with super stars :speechless:

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 09:30 PM
I agree. The whole process sucks and you have three guys preventing probably 10-15 really quality players from signing with teams.

It just makes me think less of Melo as our franchise guy and less of LeBron as well. You have Duncan and Dirk not thinking twice, so loyal, staying with their teams that they LOVE and then you have LeBron bouncing around the league every four years because he can't cakewalk to the Finals. And then you have Melo holding three franchises hostage at once. It's ridiculous.

Try to win a title with your damn team and bring some glory there. Wow.

The problem with LeBron is that he's not all about the journey, but rather just the end result and what's best for him and just him, doesn't matter if a guy who helped him win 2 titles like Bosh has to leave that franchise. That offensive rebound in game 6 last yr against San Antonio and the Allen 3 saved Bron's legacy, or right now, he'd be 1-4 in the finals, with that 1 finals series win coming in a shortened lockout 66 game season that favored teams that had the same core, role players, coaching and philosophy in tact (the final 4 of that yr in MIA, OKC, SAS and BOS). Teams that were trying to rebuild or revamp with different role players or coaches had a tough time adjusting.

Crackadalic
07-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Not really, depends what happens with Melo. Does he stay in NYK then or still bolt out West to LA?

Knicks will still suck with or without Melo. Just not enough talent on that roster, Melo doesn't have a legitimate #2 or #3 option to play with. They'll be slightly better because of the Triangle.

MIA - Bosh will be gone as well if Bron leaves, so now you have a big 3 of Wade/McBob/Granger. Have fun.

BKN - Pierce may stay or bolt to LAC in S&T, KG in his last legs, coaching change, DWIll (healthy or not healthy) ??

Still too many uncertainties out East. The West is still where it's at, especially if Melo goes to Lakers and Bosh goes to Rockets. Rockets can be a top 3 contender out west while the Lakers can squeeze into that 7th-8th seed.

Knicks were a game out with the worse point guard ever and a center would can't stay healthy for more then 50 games. IF melo stay still think we have a better shot at making the playoffs

Mia depending who they sign can still be a playoff team

Pacers most likely resign Lance. I don't see him anywhere else as a good fit

Bk upgraded there coach and are getting Lopez back

Wiz can resign Ariza or go after Deng

Hawks getting back Horford

Bulls getting back Rose and is getting a nice rookie for there scoring

All the younger teams have gotten better from this draft class alone.

Top 8 may not be as strong as the West but the overall teams 1-15 has gotten better imo

Sly Guy
07-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Good for cleveland if they get him, but this could bury wiggins behind the best player in the world, stunting his growth.

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 09:33 PM
The problem with LeBron is that he's not all about the journey, but rather just the end result and what's best for him and just him, doesn't matter if a guy who helped him win 2 titles like Bosh has to leave that franchise. That offensive rebound in game 6 last yr against San Antonio and the Allen 3 saved Bron's legacy, or right now, he'd be 1-4 in the finals, with that 1 finals series win coming in a shortened lockout 66 game season that favored teams that had the same core, role players, coaching and philosophy in tact (the final 4 of that yr in MIA, OKC, SAS and BOS). Teams that were trying to rebuild or revamp with different role players or coaches had a tough time adjusting.

It's not his fault they are waiting for him.. James has to do what's best for himself because no one blames Bosh/Wade for losing - they blame James. And I love how you refer to that one offensive rebound and the three from Allen. James had how many points in the fourth? 18? And Miami wouldn't be down if Bosh wasn't playing like crap the entire series. He got beat by Duncan for God's sake.. Duncan is 38? So take that into consideration, please. You act as if Bosh is a measly $5 million player with no expectations. He has expectations to perform like a max player and he plays like he belongs in the WNBA. So if he's getting paid $18 million, I EXPECT him to get a rebound and I EXPECT him to defend.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 09:36 PM
It's not his fault they are waiting for him.. James has to do what's best for himself because no one blames Bosh/Wade for losing - they blame James. And I love how you refer to that one offensive rebound and the three from Allen. James had how many points in the fourth? 18? And Miami wouldn't be down if Bosh wasn't playing like crap the entire series. He got beat by Duncan for God's sake.. Duncan is 38? So take that into consideration, please. You act as if Bosh is a measly $5 million player with no expectations. He has expectations to perform like a max player and he plays like he belongs in the WNBA. So if he's getting paid $18 million, I EXPECT him to get a rebound and I EXPECT him to defend.

No, I'm pretty sure the 2014 finals loss was blamed on everyone on the Heat roster but LeBron, while 2011 finals loss was the complete reverse.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I hope he does. Lebron needs to seal his legacy as the biggest joke in sports history.

NYSpirit1

Completely agreed. If LeBron jumps again, even to Cleveland, he will NEVER, EVER get to Jordan/Magic/Bird level. Winners and legends put faith in their teams to get the job done, re-sign and be part of the process. Not hold them hostage and tell Riley, get me players or I'm leaving. I mean dude, you just went to four finals in FOUR years. He's upset he didn't cakewalk to four straight titles. The whole thing is so ridiculous, it's unprecedented in NBA history that the best player in the league keeping opting out of his deal and reconsidering his team every four years because he doesn't win a title every year. How about rising above and playing to a Jordan-like level?

I didn't see LeBron average 42 in the Finals this year like Jordan did against the Suns in 1993, did I?

People ***** and moan about LeBron's 'supporting cast'. What you said above is just proof LeBron should be 1-4 in Finals right now. His best move is the honorable one, re-sign next to Wade and Bosh, let Riley add a couple minimum guys who want to be in Miami and make another run. Not bolt because the roster isn't the 1992 USA Men's Basketball team next to him.

As far as Melo, I saw this guy sit here 3 1/2 years ago, demand to go to NY, to go HOME and play in the big city. The Knicks had to trade an arm and a leg for him, giving up their 2014 pick, the right to swap 2016 pick and then four KEY role players - you know, the Danny Green, Boris Diaw, Patty Mills kind.

We also took back Chauncey Billups, who we wasted the amnesty clause on. Now this guy is going to walk out on his city after 3 1/2 years? Literally 3 1/2 years, because we don't have a title yet. Here's an idea Melo, pull a Paul Pierce, have faith in your front office, which is now run by Phil Jackson, take less money and let him go to work. If you bring a title to NY, you'd be immortal in this city. But no, he's like LeBron, prancing around the league getting wooed by every big franchise, because he too, can't cakewalk to the Finals.

prodigy
Good for cleveland if they get him, but this could bury wiggins behind the best player in the world, stunting his growth.

Cavs see Wiggins as a 2 guard. So if lebron goes to cavs one of wigs or waiters would most likely be traded.

blastmasta26
07-08-2014, 09:47 PM

Melo won't affect the balance of the conferences much next season, unless he goes to Chicago rather than NY or LA. The Lakers and Knicks would both be lower playoff seeds with Melo there, it'll make the West even deeper but it wouldn't be drastic IMO. But Chicago would be the best team in the East if Melo went there.

jakub
07-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Then the Wolves can trade Love to the Cavs for Wiggins+

3ballbomber
07-08-2014, 09:52 PM
hasn't that always been the case!

5ass
07-08-2014, 09:55 PM
LeBron haters will find fault in whatever he does, but the fact is if he goes back to Cleveland and wins them a ring he'll greatly improve his legacy.

3ballbomber
07-08-2014, 09:56 PM
He is still selfish, narcissism can't be fixed over night. Lebron has always been about his own ego above all. This is his nature and the foundation for all his dumb decisions. Once he becomes selfless & humble is when people will be on board w/ him rather than against him w/ constant criticism that he brings on to himself, regularly.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 10:01 PM
LeBron haters will find fault in whatever he does, but the fact is if he goes back to Cleveland and wins them a ring he'll greatly improve his legacy.

Why is it that other superstars in this league, past and present, have gone about their business without worrying about their legacies each and every second. Why is it that he is so self-conscious and insecure about his legacy but other superstars aren't, and those same superstars are or have turned out just fine?

JustinTime
07-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Cavs see Wiggins as a 2 guard. So if lebron goes to cavs one of wigs or waiters would most likely be traded.

I doubt Wiggins stays at the two forever he's almost 6'9 and will likely bulk up.

5ass
07-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Why is it that other superstars in this league, past and present, have gone about their business without worrying about their legacies each and every second. Why is it that he is so self-conscious and insecure about his legacy but other superstars aren't, and those same superstars are or have turned out just fine?
Because people put that pressure on him since day one, and still do. Anyway, it makes a ton of sense for him to go to Cleveland from a basketball perspective.

SILVER SEAVER
07-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if LeBron went back to Cleveland and Melo went over there on a S&T from the Knicks for Wiggins and Waiters? I hope something interesting like that goes down. Just a total mind *******, never saw it coming. And Miami left with their peckers in their hands with a broken down Wade and now McRoberts and Granger. I wonder how cocky Riles will act then?

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Because people put that pressure on him since day one, and still do. Anyway, it makes a ton of sense for him to go to Cleveland from a basketball perspective.

People didn't push pressure on Kobe Bryant when he defied Philly media outlets and jumped ship to the NBA outta HS? The pressure kept building from that point with the comparisons to MJ....to the rape case....to chasing Phil and Shaq outta town so now show us big shot....to couldn't win without Shaq tell me how my butt tastes....to can you make your teammates better....to LeBron has surpassed you in 2007/8/9/10, now you show us.....to losing to boston in the finals, can you get revenge?....to all the comparisons of AI>you, TMac>you, Vince>you, Bron>you, Durant>you, Wade>you....to can u make it work with Dwight and Nash....to can you come back from Achillles tear and injured tibial plateau....can u get that 6th to tie MJ?

And what about MJ?

Can you overcome the badboy Pistons and their Jordan Rules?.....can you score and be a team player?.....when are you going to overtake and get out of Bird and Magic's shadow?.....will you commit to 92 dream team?......will you be able to ever win a chip?.....how will you overcome this gambling thing?....don't you think it hurts your legacy sucking at minor league baseball?....how are u gonna look coming back in 95?......are u really going to bolt and retire cuz u hate krause?....are u really gonna own part of the wizards?....are u really coming out of retirement to play for the wizards???.....did u really just draft kwa-may brown and trade rip hamilton for jerry stack house?.....when are u gonna have success with the Bobcats/Hornets????

Criticism and pressure never stops. Doesn't mean you run away and hide, join forces, seek short cuts, have 1 hour decision shows, misuse other teams in free agency, destroy the rep of a city, collude with other superstars and act like a little ***** when things don't go your way!

JustinTime
07-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if LeBron went back to Cleveland and Melo went over there on a S&T from the Knicks for Wiggins and Waiters? I hope something interesting like that goes down. Just a total mind *******, never saw it coming. And Miami left with their peckers in their hands with a broken down Wade and now McRoberts and Granger. I wonder how cocky Riles will act then?

That would never happen, Knicks don't own Melo's right and Cleveland would never give up Wiggins or Waiters when they could sign him outright. A sign and trade to NY would likely be for Tristan Thompson or something like that.

5ass
07-08-2014, 10:22 PM
If he stays in Miami and they put together a good team and win rings, people will say he had too much help with 3 stars.
If he goes to Cleveland and wins, he's a coward for leaving Miami.
Like I said, LeBron can't win over the haters.

SILVER SEAVER
07-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Something is in motion and is probably going to go down very soon. Can't imagine these guys don't have a serious plan in the works that will cause a giant media storm of attention.

5ass
07-08-2014, 10:27 PM
People didn't push pressure on Kobe Bryant when he defied Philly media outlets and jumped ship to the NBA outta HS? The pressure kept building from that point with the comparisons to MJ....to the rape case....to chasing Phil and Shaq outta town so now show us big shot....to couldn't win without Shaq tell me how my butt tastes....to can you make your teammates better....to LeBron has surpassed you in 2007/8/9/10, now you show us.....to losing to boston in the finals, can you get revenge?....to all the comparisons of AI>you, TMac>you, Vince>you, Bron>you, Durant>you, Wade>you....to can u make it work with Dwight and Nash....to can you come back from Achillles tear and injured tibial plateau....can u get that 6th to tie MJ?

And what about MJ?

Can you overcome the badboy Pistons and their Jordan Rules?.....can you score and be a team player?.....when are you going to overtake and get out of Bird and Magic's shadow?.....will you commit to 92 dream team?......will you be able to ever win a chip?.....how will you overcome this gambling thing?....don't you think it hurts your legacy sucking at minor league baseball?....how are u gonna look coming back in 95?......are u really going to bolt and retire cuz u hate krause?....are u really gonna own part of the wizards?....are u really coming out of retirement to play for the wizards???.....did u really just draft kwa-may brown and trade rip hamilton for jerry stack house?.....when are u gonna have success with the Bobcats/Hornets????

Criticism and pressure never stops. Doesn't mean you run away and hide, join forces, seek short cuts, have 1 hour decision shows, misuse other teams in free agency, destroy the rep of a city, collude with other superstars and act like a little ***** when things don't go your way!

Explain the bolded.
Misuse of other teams in FA? Lol its how you bargain. By showing the team you have other options in order for them to do their best.
Destroy a city's reputation? What?
Act like a little *****? when did that happen? Lebron hasnt said **** since the Finals

its all in your head

and lebron has been the most scrutinized player in NBA history, dont give me kobe and mj, lebron's scrutiny was far worse.

Aust
07-08-2014, 10:38 PM
and lebron has been the most scrutinized player in NBA history, dont give me kobe and mj, lebron's scrutiny was far worse.

Given that we live in the age of the internet, you're probably right.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Explain the bolded.
Misuse of other teams in FA? Lol its how you bargain. By showing the team you have other options in order for them to do their best.
Act like a little *****? when did that happen? Lebron hasnt said **** since the Finals

its all in your head

I only want to make it to the finals and win or not make the playoffs at all. How he said that Spo was digging into the guys between games 4 and 5 of the finals in the video room and saying things like "I've been in this league long enough to know that even when I know he's wrong about something and I'm right, I just smile". C'mon, dude was taking shots at his head coaching DURING the freaking finals! I was banned at the time so I couldn't bring this to attention, and I'm very surprised no one else did. The guy is a great talent, a champion, a top 10 player all time , but he has no filter and is utterly disrespectful when things aren't going his way.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Explain the bolded.

its all in your head

U can think twitter for that. Also, the fact that MJ and Kobe never publicly went in front of the whole world on live television to make assclowns out of themselves.

NBA_Starter
07-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Announcing it on the website rumor only strengthens the thought that he's going home, no way he would burn Cleveland on National TV and then the internet.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Announcing it on the website rumor only strengthens the thought that he's going home, no way he would burn Cleveland on National TV and then the internet.

Sheridan said IF he chooses Cleveland.

If he re-signs with Miami for the max like I expect, then it'll be a simple case of Wojnarowki or Windhorst breaking the story on twitter.

Bostonjorge
07-08-2014, 10:46 PM
OP...

O u know who. U know.

5ass
07-08-2014, 10:47 PM
I only want to make it to the finals and win or not make the playoffs at all. How he said that Spo was digging into the guys between games 4 and 5 of the finals in the video room and saying things like "I've been in this league long enough to know that even when I know he's wrong about something and I'm right, I just smile". C'mon, dude was taking shots at his head coaching DURING the freaking finals! I was banned at the time so I couldn't bring this to attention, and I'm very surprised no one else did. The guy is a great talent, a champion, a top 10 player all time , but he has no filter and is utterly disrespectful when things aren't going his way.
he was frustrated because his team was playing like absolute ****, and really what he said isnt that bad at all. You think that ruins his legacy? Or is it the silly "the decision" thing? You're going to let that take away from everything he's done on the court?

5ass
07-08-2014, 10:50 PM
U can think twitter for that. Also, the fact that MJ and Kobe never publicly went in front of the whole world on live television to make assclowns out of themselves.

the fact remains he is more heavily scrutinized.

P&GRealist
he was frustrated because his team was playing like absolute ****, and really what he said isnt that bad at all. You think that ruins his legacy? Or is it the silly "the decision" thing? You're going to let that take away from everything he's done on the court?

When did I say that? :confused:

YOU

ARE

SAYING

THAT!

It's you, his supporters that keep talking about the Legacy legacy legacy crap.

I said he finds scapegoats and easy ways out of difficult uncomfortable situations.

Arch Stanton
Someone posted this in the Cavs forum and I thought I'd add it in here too.

DJ Steph Floss just posted an instagram picture from the banquet Nike is setting up at LeBron's camp. It probably means nothing but it's hard not to notice the color scheme: http://instagram.com/p/qNpQ2Hn2qn/

LA_Raiders
He will stay in Miami. He is just been LeClown.

smith&wesson
07-08-2014, 10:51 PM
LeBron + Team Canada

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 10:51 PM
the fact remains he is more heavily scrutinized.

Because....

HEEEEEEEE

BROOOOUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHTTTT

IIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

UUUUUPPPPPPOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN

HHHIIIIIIMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLFFFF FFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

I Don't know how clearer I have to be.

Bozeman
07-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Cant wait to see all the Cleveland fans tuck tail and welcome the king back.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 10:53 PM

DJ Steph Floss just posted an instagram picture from the banquet Nike is setting up at LeBron's camp. It probably means nothing but it's hard not to notice the color scheme: http://instagram.com/p/qNpQ2Hn2qn/

Interesting.

But I still think he re-signs in Miami when he convinces Melo to join him and forces Bosh out.

5ass
07-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Because....

HEEEEEEEE

BROOOOUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHTTTT

IIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

UUUUUPPPPPPOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN

HHHIIIIIIMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLFFFF FFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

I Don't know how clearer I have to be.
by doing what exactly? The guy was booed on draft and called a loser in cleveland. it goes back way farther than the decision.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 11:00 PM

Marc Stein twitter:

Been strongly advised by source close to situation to dismiss Twitter suggestions that Nike bought billboards in CLE for LeBron announcement

Doesn't mean LeBron can't wind up in Cleveland, of course, but source insists today's billboard story is purely a Twitter tale

5ass
07-08-2014, 11:00 PM
people just expected lebron to get rings in Cleveland like MJ did in chicago, have a similar career to Jordan and being just compare the two based on rings won. Problem is Lebron never got his pippen

ManRam
07-08-2014, 11:02 PM
I don't understand the criticism that he's "taking the league hostage again". He's a free agent. Free agents can take as much time as they so please.

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Trying to cover it up

where there's smoke... There's...

goingfor28
07-08-2014, 11:04 PM
people just expected lebron to get rings in Cleveland like MJ did in chicago, have a similar career to Jordan and being just compare the two based on rings won. Problem is Lebron never got his pippen
Problem is lebron isn't jordan and never will be

JustinTime
07-08-2014, 11:05 PM
I don't understand the criticism that he's "taking the league hostage again". He's a free agent. Free agents can take as much time as they so please.

It's funny because he hasn't said a word publicly yet it's all his fault.

IBleedPurple
07-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Lebron needs to pick a damn team. Enough feeding the ego and making speculators famous.

5ass
07-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Problem is lebron isn't jordan and never will be

never compared them as players, i was only talking about their career paths.

5ass
07-08-2014, 11:08 PM
It's funny because he hasn't said a word publicly yet it's all his fault.

exactly, people are so stupid. They get caught up in all these rumors and sources and complain about lebron then when its over they complain about the media for throwing out so much ********. It happens over and over with other players as well.

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 11:13 PM
It's so funny people are blaming LeBron for not making a decision and staying quiet. Yet, he did the opposite in 2010 and still got blasted for doing so.. It's not his fault every team is stalling for LeBron. He isn't asking for it rather franchises are just eager to get their hands on LeBron because it doesn't matter if you get Pau Gasol, Bosh, Wade, or Lowry.. You get LeBron and 90% of your problems are solved. From them on, you just get solid role players and veterans who are proven players. I don't get it. The only thing I hate is how he wants the max. He deserves it but for many teams, they can't afford the max while also getting the help he wants. But hey, if Kobe gets $23/25 for two years respectively, you can't tell me James doesn't deserve the max.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 11:14 PM

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Kobe cares more about his legacy than any professional player I think I've ever seen. He so desperately wants to tie and surpass MJ's six rings. And just look at Aldridge's recent statement that he wants to retire "as the greatest Blazer ever."

I don't think this has has always been the case, but the NBA is a relatively young league. The last decade or so, with the development of social media and as the league has gotten older, we're seeing players care more and more about their legacies and how their remembers. If you want somebody to blame, don't blame the players. Blame the media and the fans. Everyone was outrage with Lebron after he left Cleveland for Miami and spewed nonsense about how he tarnished his legacy. Players hear that, and they don't like it.

MonroeFAN
07-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Cleveland is going to be scary if this happens.

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 11:17 PM
P&G was never this bad as a poster. Seems like he's doing a great job being a clown.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 11:19 PM
If he stays in Miami and they put together a good team and win rings, people will say he had too much help with 3 stars.
If he goes to Cleveland and wins, he's a coward for leaving Miami.
Like I said, LeBron can't win over the haters.

Reading through this thread, I was about to type the exact same thing. It's truly disheartening to read some of these posts. It makes you wonder what the **** Lebron did to piss off all these people. The guy has never once done anything illegal off the court. He acts as a role model to fans and to children. He's a global icon for the league. He (usually) says and does all the right things in the media. He gives back to charity as much as the next player. He plays team-first basketball. His teammates love him.

And yet you'd think the guy was accused of murder based on the responses you see sometimes. And the hilarious thing is the same group of haters who are criticizing him for considering going back to Cleveland are the same people who have been saying he should go back there for the last four years. In their eyes, Lebron can do no right. It's just blind hatred, and I don't get it. I've never hated another professional athlete the way some PSD posters hate Lebron.

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2014, 11:19 PM
Sometimes people need to put people down to make themselves feel better.

RaginRondo17
07-08-2014, 11:20 PM

this.

goingfor28
07-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Can't wait for all the heat dick riders to to disappear

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2014, 11:26 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, thanks for more speculative grist for the mill.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 11:29 PM
P&G was never this bad as a poster. Seems like he's doing a great job being a clown.

Oh don't worry, I can be worse.

:dance:

5ass
07-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Reading through this thread, I was about to type the exact same thing. It's truly disheartening to read some of these posts. It makes you wonder what the **** Lebron did to piss off all these people. The guy has never once done anything illegal off the court. He acts as a role model to fans and to children. He's a global icon for the league. He (usually) says and does all the right things in the media. He gives back to charity as much as the next player. He plays team-first basketball. His teammates love him.

And yet you'd think the guy was accused of murder based on the responses you see sometimes. And the hilarious thing is the same group of haters who are criticizing him for considering going back to Cleveland are the same people who have been saying he should go back there for the last four years. In their eyes, Lebron can do no right. It's just blind hatred, and I don't get it. I've never hated another professional athlete the way some PSD posters hate Lebron.
they've been calling him a loser for 10 years, they're not going to back out now. It is unfortunate for them they're too blinded by hate to appreciate one of the most talented players ever.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 11:33 PM
they've been calling him a loser for 10 years, they're not going to back out now. It is unfortunate for them they're too blinded by hate to appreciate one of the most talented players ever.

People never would have treated Michael Jordan this way. And that guy was a far poorer role model off the court than Lebron was and a much bigger ******* on the court.

goingfor28
07-08-2014, 11:34 PM
He flops like a fish out if water. Nothing to appreciate there.

KnickNyKnick
07-08-2014, 11:35 PM
:laugh2: I couldn't help Myself either but do the se thing earlier llullz

hah, im lovin the guy who says Bo Lieve!! and i cant even recall his full name.

i hope LBJ does go back to clevland. imagine he planned this? went to miami for a few years so the cavs could lotto the draft for a few years, for his return. :cool: "the king has returned" (monkey from the lion king voice)

AsiandudePH
07-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Well, LeBron doesn't owe anyone anything. He'll go where he will get the most out of for his family, pocket, brand, and ego.

Haters, take off your blinders. Whatever team gets him will be lucky to have him as he'll instantly make them in discussion to be contenders or even champions (e.g. if he goes to Houston or MAYBE Cleveland), that's how good he is.

And it wouldn't really be a surprise if he goes back "home." He can have a say on who stays or who gets traded for an even bigger fish with all the young assets that the Cavaliers have! Alternatively, he can even "test" out the young guns first if they have what it takes to compete against the seasoned veteran playoff teams ~ and on this paragraph alone, I don't think Miami can match this up in any way, shape, or form.

It would kind of be a vindication as well for himself and the club if he returns and if the Cle fans welcome him back. Good story line and an even better team.

mike_noodles
07-08-2014, 11:39 PM
LeBron + Team Canada

It would be awesome for him to help all those boys get rings and then they can come home and play :D

5ass
07-08-2014, 11:46 PM
He flops like a fish out if water. Nothing to appreciate there.

Nothing to appreciate? Obviously the Cavs and heat and every other team in the league disagrees, but i guess they're all idiots waiting to hire a genius GM like you. You should send in your CV.

ryang
07-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Can't wait for all the heat dick riders to to disappear

I've been a heat fan since we came into the league in 1988. What makes you think there won't be an equal amount of Cav dick riders?

KINGOFSPORTS
07-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Heat fans deserve this for their shameful display in the finals

Who boos and leaves early on a team that went to 4 straight finals?

They don't appreciate how hard that is to do and don't deserve a player like LeBron

Dade County
07-09-2014, 12:12 AM
I have felt a great disturbance in the Miami Heat, as if thousands of fans cried out

http://youtu.be/ee925OTFBCA?t=14s

:laugh::laugh:

Now I feel bad, because I don't no the reason, why that man is really crying, and I never want to know.

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 12:15 AM
I've been a heat fan since we came into the league in 1988. What makes you think there won't be an equal amount of Cav dick riders?
I'm not calling antone out in particular bc of course there are true fans jusy like any team in sports. But the bandwagon fans are ridiculous.

GREATNESS ONE
07-09-2014, 12:18 AM
With a capital R

RLundi
07-09-2014, 12:22 AM
This honestly is complete garbage. Sheridan is not credible.

dannyy08
07-09-2014, 12:22 AM
I realize there are a ton of free agent threads, but this got buried in the other Lebron thread and it sees like a bold enough statement to be worthy of its own thread. Here's the full story here:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/08/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-8-edition/

Sheridan says Lebron could make the announcement as early as Wednesday evening, although it may be until Thursday or later. If he's right, there's about to be a huge ripple effect throughout the league. The next 48 hours ought to be very interesting.

90% likely 50% of the time.

Dade County
07-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Heat fans deserve this for their shameful display in the finals

Who boos and leaves early on a team that went to 4 straight finals?

They don't appreciate how hard that is to do and don't deserve a player like LeBron

South Florida residents have never had that mentality (the majority of them) ... NEVER!

If you don't win it all, then the season was a disappointment (most of the time)... I think it's the UM glory days mentality.

I remembered when OKC loss to the Lakers in the 2nd rd a couple of years back & I saw OKC fans cheering them even though they lost. I am not going to lie, it caught me so off guard.

All the years I grow up in Dade, I have never experience something like that. I am not commending the OKC fans nor am I making fun of them; I just no that I never want to have that type of mentality, my son's that I train for football will never have that mentality... Win Big or go Home.

Plus I think the league is rigged sooo... To me those fans that payed their hard earn money had the right to boo, they should also get a lawyer and sue the **** out of the league if they can ever prove that the Final's were indeed rigged.

elledaddy
07-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Any heat fan, do any of you guys think its weird that Wade is gonna be at the Riley/Bron meeting tomorrow? Like its nothing wrong with him being there but WHY is he there? I never thought it but he may really be considering leaving, thats crazy

goingfor28
07-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Miami sports fans in general seem to be the most Fairweather there is. Whether it's the heat, dolphins, marlins or whatever when the team is winning they show up (rightfully so) but when the going gets tough they are MIA (no pun intended)

tredigs
07-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Aw **** it made kids.

mbsalame123
07-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Looking back at all of this, this is the reason why Ric Bucher and Chris Sheridan got fired from ESPN, because of ******** stories like this. Remember Bucher went out there and said Lowry to heat is done and then later apologized for the lie. These reporters are as clueless if not more clueless than us, the fans. They go out there and talk with teams, teams find them annoying and make up stuff and then some reporters believe everything like sheridan and bucher and then they report it.

If you want to know if the rumor is true or not then it will be reported by multiple reporters like marc stein, adrian wojnarownski, stephen a smith and other reliable sources.

Now lots of people have gone out there and said Cleveland is the favorite and I personally believe they might be. First of Lebron did go out there and say he does not need a meeting with Miami, before free agency started and well now he is meeting with them which could mean that he has made a decision to Cleveland and wants a final pitch by Pat Riley to see what happens.

Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh is one hell of a big 3 and would be able to compete for the next 2-3 years at most because well wade is aging, quickly and bosh is inconsistent in this miami offense. Plus with the salary cap situation and bosh demanding more money, I don't think the Heat can really upgrade other than adding 1 or 2 decent players every year like theyve done in the past 4 years with mike miller, ray allen, shane battier and now josh mcroberts. The East is weak but it is getting stronger and there are a lot of young teams out there will be very competitive in a few years from now, teams like the toronto raptors, washington wizards, charlotte hornets, Philadelphia sixers, Atlanta Hawks, Orlando Magic, and well the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The cavs offer a superstar point guard in kyrie irving that is a better fit than both bosh and wade on the heat and they offer a young stud in andrew wiggins who is viewed as more of a 2 guard than a 3 and then add tristan thompson who is a double-double beast and a lbj favorite in anderson varejao along with anthony bennett(who isn't a bust yet) and other role players like dion waiters and the opportunity to make a trade or sign another star and I don't see why Lebron wouldn't want to come back.

Well he might not want to because of the reputation he's had after leaving cleveland, but what better way to redeem himself and create an amazing legacy then by coming back after leaving the state he's from and delivering that NBA championship the city of Cleveland needs.

mbsalame123
07-09-2014, 12:50 AM
I could also see lebron wanting to play with melo and I think tomorrow will be a significant day in the NBA world as well as thursday because there is Chris Bosh and Carmelo Anthony who still haven't made decisions. I think if Bosh leaves to the rockets, which might be the situation right now, then lebron will love to return to miami if he knows that carmelo would come and play with the heat. Having melo and lebron on the same team would allow miami to remain competitive for multiple years to come even when wade retires as well. That duo has always wanted to play together and I feel like that is why we haven't heard of Carmelo Anthony's decision yet, which was expected to be made by Monday.

I personally think that if Melo wanted to return to New York then he would've already made his decision and the Knicks kind of realize that too as they thought it was supposed to happen by Monday as well. So I think Melo is waiting to hear from Lebron and see what Bosh will do before making his decission and well personally I think Melo will decide to take the paycut and go to the BUlls if he sees that Lebron wants to return to Cleveland. I think Lebron will have more motivation to go to cleveland if he knows that Melo will go to chicago and how does this all relate to Bosh, well he could be the domino effect that doesn't get as much heat as Melo and Lebron would if they were to make their decisions first.

Lets say Bosh goes out there first and says he is going to houston then that will give lebron less guilt to say that he is going to the cavs as he will say he lost a key member of his team and feels like cleveland gives him the better chance to win.

Now don't leave the Lakers out of the equation, I think Melo would really like to go to the lakers as he gets the most money he can get from any team other than the knicks and gets to play with a superstar as well as an amazing big in Pau Gasol. But considering LA is in the west, I think Melo would prefer to take a paycut and go to the bulls or stay in new york.

Again I feel like melo to the knicks would've happened already but I don't think that is what is going to happen and you can tell especially by the rumors going around that the knicks are trying to trade amare stoudamire as they feel like melo might be leaning towards leaving now and they need to try and upgrade their team really fast before the melo decision to show melo they can be competitive this season instead of waiting another year before rebuilding the team.

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 12:50 AM
I am hoping LeBron stays in Miami, but at this point I am 50/50. Quite honestly however, LeBron leaving is not the end of the world for Miami, and quite honestly, if he leaves, I say thank you for two titles in 4 years and look forward to the future. If LeBron leaves, Bosh probably leaves too and we have the cleanest slate in the business.

The 2016 free agency will be huge, and the HEAT have 55 million in cap space. Sign Wade to a two year max deal as a thank you for his loyalty and commitment. Still gives us close to 35 million in cap space. We can sign the likes of Isiah Thomas, Lance Stephenson, Greg Monroe , etc etc., and possibly get back Waiters from Cleveland in a S&T from LeBron along with their 1st round pick.

If LeBron leaves Miami, its not because of the talent or any of that BS, its because his heart has remained in Akron, and he probably always wanted to go back. Now Cleveland has put together some nice young talent (Thanks to 3 #1 picks in 4 years), but nonetheless, it has a bright future with young assets.

Lets see what happens, I am sure the dust clears by tomorrow.

beliges
07-09-2014, 12:51 AM
I highly doubt lebron is dumb enough to jump ship again. He's on a team that's once again favored to win the title. Let's all just use some common sense. Lebron will.stay in Miami.

Sadds The Gr8
07-09-2014, 12:51 AM
I'd still be shocked if it happened. Just can't see him leaving Miami but I hope he does

Chronz
07-09-2014, 12:59 AM
I highly doubt lebron is dumb enough to jump ship again. He's on a team that's once again favored to win the title. Let's all just use some common sense. Lebron will.stay in Miami.

It's Cleveland, he's been favored there too. You add Bron to any team and the expectations are crazy high. And I think he would be smart for going to Cleveland funny how that works huh

mbsalame123
07-09-2014, 01:02 AM
Personally, people say lebron won't make his decision before melo does, well that might be true for them personally but remember they know and talk with each other and make decisions before letting the media and the fans know.

So yeah Melo might make his decision before lebron and bosh but I don't think we will know of melo's decision before we hear were lebron is going. I think lebron has already talked it out with wade last night and he will talk it out with bosh and then melo one last time after meeting with riley tomorrow and then they will all let each other know what their decisions are.

Then we will know of Lebron James decision to sign with the Cavaliers first (maybe tomorrow night but most likely Thursday) and then we will hear Bosh has signed with Houston (minutes after lebron) and then Melo will make the decision to go to the bulls (the last minute surprise).

Then the next day we hear that wade resigned with the heat and pau gasol is going to the thunder(I would say the bulls if they can trade gibson or butler but the bulls will end up giving melo a bigger contract than expected which will lead gasol to sign with the thunder because the lakers are a no-no as they have nothing, knicks too and the heat are rebuilding).

Then I see the heat going hard after greg monroe and possibly luol deng as they will sign greg monroe most likely and then resign mario chalmers and rebuild.

I see luol deng agreeing to a deal with the hawks and the mavericks overpaying for chandler parsons as they offer him a max and the rockets will not match the offer as they have already 3 other players on max contracts.

Then trevor ariza goes to the wizards and the lakers end up signing isiah thomas and caron butler as well as jordan hill and then end up waiting for 2015 to come.

The cavaliers will trade jarrett jack to the nets and then marcus thornton will be traded to the suns to clear up cap space and dion waiters will be traded to a team for a big man to help varejao down low... maybe the bucks who have larry sanders but I doubt it would be them.

But anyways I see the NBA landscape changing drastically or this could all be a smoke screen by lebron's crew and the big 3 remain in miami lol who knows but by the end of the week we should know where everyone is signing for sure.

*Silver&Black*
07-09-2014, 01:02 AM
I'd still be shocked if it happened. Just can't see him leaving Miami but I hope he does

Interesting thought though,

Why would he narrow his decision to Heat AND Cavs, meaning he left them in the dust years ago and now they are back. Not for leverage, as he will get whatever he wants anyways. Now, is he really going to troll the Cavs fans, OR has he decided he is going back?

Sadds The Gr8
07-09-2014, 01:05 AM

Why would he narrow his decision to Heat AND Cavs, meaning he left them in the dust years ago and now they are back. Not for leverage, as he will get whatever he wants anyways. Now, is he really going to troll the Cavs fans, OR has he decided he is going back?
I wouldn't be surprised within the next couple days if he came out and said "i don't know where the Cleveland rumors came from but I'm trying my best to work out a contract with Miami".

maybe it's too late to pull that though and he'd get bashed regardless

Monta is beast
07-09-2014, 01:05 AM
So he's saying theres only a 10% chance he stays in miami? doubt that

elledaddy
07-09-2014, 01:08 AM
I have 2 things for you.....
1. Miami basically CANT sign Melo regardless of what Bosh does( unless they dump bosh and wade)
2. Why say in one line " if he wanted to return to NY, he would have done it already".... then say you think he will take the paycut for Chicago? If he wanted to go to Chicago with the paycut, wouldnt he have done that already?

I could also see lebron wanting to play with melo and I think tomorrow will be a significant day in the NBA world as well as thursday because there is Chris Bosh and Carmelo Anthony who still haven't made decisions. I think if Bosh leaves to the rockets, which might be the situation right now, then lebron will love to return to miami if he knows that carmelo would come and play with the heat. Having melo and lebron on the same team would allow miami to remain competitive for multiple years to come even when wade retires as well. That duo has always wanted to play together and I feel like that is why we haven't heard of Carmelo Anthony's decision yet, which was expected to be made by Monday.

I personally think that if Melo wanted to return to New York then he would've already made his decision and the Knicks kind of realize that too as they thought it was supposed to happen by Monday as well. So I think Melo is waiting to hear from Lebron and see what Bosh will do before making his decission and well personally I think Melo will decide to take the paycut and go to the BUlls if he sees that Lebron wants to return to Cleveland. I think Lebron will have more motivation to go to cleveland if he knows that Melo will go to chicago and how does this all relate to Bosh, well he could be the domino effect that doesn't get as much heat as Melo and Lebron would if they were to make their decisions first.

Lets say Bosh goes out there first and says he is going to houston then that will give lebron less guilt to say that he is going to the cavs as he will say he lost a key member of his team and feels like cleveland gives him the better chance to win.

Now don't leave the Lakers out of the equation, I think Melo would really like to go to the lakers as he gets the most money he can get from any team other than the knicks and gets to play with a superstar as well as an amazing big in Pau Gasol. But considering LA is in the west, I think Melo would prefer to take a paycut and go to the bulls or stay in new york.

Again I feel like melo to the knicks would've happened already but I don't think that is what is going to happen and you can tell especially by the rumors going around that the knicks are trying to trade amare stoudamire as they feel like melo might be leaning towards leaving now and they need to try and upgrade their team really fast before the melo decision to show melo they can be competitive this season instead of waiting another year before rebuilding the team.

*Silver&Black*
07-09-2014, 01:08 AM
Now it's rumored Nike bought up all the available billboards in Cleveland.

beasted86
07-09-2014, 01:11 AM

He's trolling? He hasn't said anything or even MET with the Cavs. How can he be trolling or leading anyone on?

Dade County
07-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Looking back at all of this, this is the reason why Ric Bucher and Chris Sheridan got fired from ESPN, because of ******** stories like this. Remember Bucher went out there and said Lowry to heat is done and then later apologized for the lie. These reporters are as clueless if not more clueless than us, the fans. They go out there and talk with teams, teams find them annoying and make up stuff and then some reporters believe everything like sheridan and bucher and then they report it.

If you want to know if the rumor is true or not then it will be reported by multiple reporters like marc stein, adrian wojnarownski, stephen a smith and other reliable sources.

I think a lot of these guys need to be called out by other people in the media, and then fired.

Now lots of people have gone out there and said Cleveland is the favorite and I personally believe they might be. First of Lebron did go out there and say he does not need a meeting with Miami, before free agency started and well now he is meeting with them which could mean that he has made a decision to Cleveland and wants a final pitch by Pat Riley to see what happens.

Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh is one hell of a big 3 and would be able to compete for the next 2-3 years at most because well wade is aging, quickly and bosh is inconsistent in this miami offense. Plus with the salary cap situation and bosh demanding more money, I don't think the Heat can really upgrade other than adding 1 or 2 decent players every year like theyve done in the past 4 years with mike miller, ray allen, shane battier and now josh mcroberts. The East is weak but it is getting stronger and there are a lot of young teams out there will be very competitive in a few years from now, teams like the toronto raptors, washington wizards, charlotte hornets, Philadelphia sixers, Atlanta Hawks, Orlando Magic, and well the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The cavs offer a superstar point guard in kyrie irving that is a better fit than both bosh and wade on the heat and they offer a young stud in andrew wiggins who is viewed as more of a 2 guard than a 3 and then add tristan thompson who is a double-double beast and a lbj favorite in anderson varejao along with anthony bennett(who isn't a bust yet) and other role players like dion waiters and the opportunity to make a trade or sign another star and I don't see why Lebron wouldn't want to come back.

Irving is not a super star.

What I think the meeting is about:

Lbj is going to tell Pat that he wants to play with Melo, so go get Melo (but of course they already planned this out...just playing game).

Pat will contact Melo reps, and he will get his meeting.

Well he might not want to because of the reputation he's had after leaving cleveland, but what better way to redeem himself and create an amazing legacy then by coming back after leaving the state he's from and delivering that NBA championship the city of Cleveland needs.

Who says they win? What if he never wins there? I mean, some of you are insensitive... This can cause Lbj to have a mental breakdown. lol

Dade County
07-09-2014, 01:17 AM
I have 2 things for you.....
1. Miami basically CANT sign Melo regardless of what Bosh does( unless they dump bosh and wade)
2. Why say in one line " if he wanted to return to NY, he would have done it already".... then say you think he will take the paycut for Chicago? If he wanted to go to Chicago with the paycut, wouldnt he have done that already?

I think he takes a pay cut and comes to Miami.

dalton749
07-09-2014, 01:18 AM
why the **** is he highjacking free agency still anyway
make up your ****ing mind already
a 4 year finals run team, or a 4 first overall picks team

Jarvo
07-09-2014, 01:30 AM
Miami sports fans in general seem to be the most Fairweather there is. Whether it's the heat, dolphins, marlins or whatever when the team is winning they show up (rightfully so) but when the going gets tough they are MIA (no pun intended)

I'm from Miami (I'm not a Heat, Marlins nor Dolphin fan) but people down here do love football from pro, college and High School and your statement about The Heat maybe right but Football dead wrong.

beerman28
07-09-2014, 01:35 AM
quit being such a homer dade county

Dade County
07-09-2014, 01:43 AM
quit being such a homer dade county

:laugh2:

Sorry

beliges
07-09-2014, 01:47 AM
It's Cleveland, he's been favored there too. You add Bron to any team and the expectations are crazy high. And I think he would be smart for going to Cleveland funny how that works huh

How many times can you keep jumping ship though when it gets difficult? Do you think there will ever come a time where Lebron will win with a team actually built around him?

utl768
07-09-2014, 01:50 AM
if lebron cares about winning he stays in miami

only way he goes back to cleveland is if he really is that broken mentally that he feels a obligation to fix his relationship with the cleveland fan base

to me he never seemed to care that cavs fans hated him so miami it is imo

PowerHouse
07-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Why would Lebron want to play for an owner who hates his guts? Im totally with Jim Brown, he should only go back if Gilbert apologizes. If he doesnt then wouldnt he look like Gilbert's ***** (puppet)?

CKinKC
07-09-2014, 02:43 AM
Why would Lebron convince his best buddy Wade to opt out of 21 million a year for next 2 years to leave him by himself in Miami "Sorry Dwyane you're getting a lil too old for me, and decided I'm gonna take my talents back to Cleveland & this young roster" IM NOT BUYING IT! He wouldn't do that, and especially if just today they were in Vegas together. Media is getting played IMO

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 02:45 AM
Why would Lebron convince his best buddy Wade to opt out of 21 million a year for next 2 years to leave him by himself in Miami "Sorry Dwyane you're getting a lil too old for me, and decided I'm gonna take my talents back to Cleveland & this young roster" IM NOT BUYING IT! He wouldn't do that, and especially if just today they were in Vegas together. Media is getting played IMO

Lol the media is playing fans like us bro, by getting our attention and putting all these thoughts in our head which makes us continually tune in to see what they have to say.

The Media will never get played, EVER lol

nastynice
07-09-2014, 02:53 AM

League's definitely taken a wierd turn lately. Players have completely, imo, crossed the line as far as how much weight they hold in free agency. This whole player holding franchises hostage thing is just way too much.

If I were a team like houston, who has legit pieces on their roster, I'd tell bosh here's our offer, this is where we are and where we're trying to go, choose what you want to do because very soon here we are going to go after depth in order to make a competitor. And if we have to prioritize that depth over you, then you may miss out on a hell of a situation.

I don't understand how these franchises have zero confidence in their ability to build a team, and are completely submitting to the will of players

tredigs
07-09-2014, 02:59 AM
Half of you guys care more about these players free agency than themselves. Just... go do something else and stop tripping over their own life decision.

bucketss
07-09-2014, 03:01 AM
How many times can you keep jumping ship though when it gets difficult? Do you think there will ever come a time where Lebron will win with a team actually built around him?

since you guys keep saying miami is stacked, wouldn't it be honourable for him to go back home,to kyrie and a bunch of rookies and win the hard way, as oppose to the easy way out :rolleyes:

bucketss
07-09-2014, 03:04 AM

remember what many said in 2010, "why would lebron host a decision show to dump his team on national tv, dude is going to resign" anything is possible with bron.

but you're probably right.

P&GRealist
07-09-2014, 03:22 AM
LeBron is going to stay. I will bet my house on that.

TDE
07-09-2014, 03:28 AM
Dont be shocked if he does Heat fans, he did it to jis hometown team, he'll do it to u

east fb knicks
07-09-2014, 04:32 AM
lbj better keep his *** in mia if he goes to the cavs they could just trade wiggins for love I might have to stop watching the nba for a little bit cuz that would be fkd up the nba fixed the draft for the cavs and they end up with love irving and lbj that would suck:mad:

shep33
07-09-2014, 04:40 AM
LeBron is going to stay. I will bet my house on that.

This. If he wants to win, he'll stay. I don't think Cleveland is ready to win yet. Probably 2 years away with LeBron to actually have a decent shot.

If the Cavs somehow make the Finals, they're going to get crushed by any team out West. Miami can reload with Melo and at least have a better chance in LBJ's prime.

kantarok
07-09-2014, 05:40 AM
Wiggins is just a rookie but that duo, Wiggins and Lebron would be the most athletic wings EVER but lebron has to handle the ball, which makes Irving's value almost useless and the big men are all garbage men in cleveland. They cannot compete but in 2 or 3 years Wiggins and James would be the best duo in the league. Lebron James is not a loyal guy at all if he does leave but it is at least interesting.

Redrum187
07-09-2014, 05:40 AM
I wonder if they use a scientific tool/instrument to gauge the percentage level of LeBron James' decision. Could it just be an arbitrary percentage? :o

I'm 100% certain that after LeBron James announces where he will sign, then signs the contract he desires by the team he chooses, everyone will know where he is going. I suppose the true percentages aren't as exciting as arbitrary ones. :(

KINGOFSPORTS
07-09-2014, 05:48 AM
it occured to me just now that there is a 100% chance that LeBron goes to Cavs

There is NO WAY he would torture them by acting like he might go back.

NO WAY, not after the terrible media hit he took 4 yrs ago

So is there anywhere I can place a wager on this? lol!

Redrum187
07-09-2014, 06:05 AM

Heh... I guess you didn't read my post right before yours, did you? =p

KINGOFSPORTS
07-09-2014, 06:18 AM
Heh... I guess you didn't read my post right before yours, did you? =p

Nah brah

the brave eagle
07-09-2014, 06:41 AM
I'd love it. He got a couple rings, now go fulfill the promise you made to Cleveland.

if he went back it would be for himself not the the fans haha

the brave eagle
07-09-2014, 06:44 AM
an im calling this bs, if a guy puts a percentage on something that's there specific opinion (or the source's) but either way they always leave the door open because they're not sure what the the final outcome will be so it won't make them look that bad at the end

the brave eagle
07-09-2014, 06:46 AM

lebron hasn't even said a word so how is he acting? this is all media speculation as of right now, the only thing for sure is that he's meeting with pat riley this week

PurpleLynch
07-09-2014, 06:55 AM
Ah journalists and their percentages.I always wonder what kind of calculation they use to have these reliable results. Ahah

Sandman
07-09-2014, 06:58 AM
an im calling this bs, if a guy puts a percentage on something that's there specific opinion (or the source's) but either way they always leave the door open because they're not sure what the the final outcome will be so it won't make them look that bad at the end

Yeah

If he said 99%, its more of a figure of speech

90% means HEY GUYS I REAALLLLY REALLLLY THINK SO.... BUT HERES 10% BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA

PowerHouse
07-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Wiggins is just a rookie but that duo, Wiggins and Lebron would be the most athletic wings EVER

Jordan and Pippen might have something to say about that.

giants73756
07-09-2014, 02:55 PM
ESPN would be smart to pay LeBron to delay his announcement of the team he chooses. How else are they going to fill up so much time on SC if they can't speculate where he will go?

apocalypse15
07-09-2014, 03:17 PM
ESPN would be smart to pay LeBron to delay his announcement of the team he chooses. How else are they going to fill up so much time on SC if they can't speculate where he will go?

It is pretty sad the amount of time they use to talk about "speculation". It's not just SC it's all of ESPN's shows. First Take, Numbers Never Lie, SVP & Rusillo, PTI, etc..... It's a bunch of analysts that just want to be able to say "I told you so!!" My sources tell me there is 100% chance Lebron James plays in the NBA next season, and if it were for the Celtics the NBA would be 100% shocked.

bucketss
07-09-2014, 03:18 PM
lebron is a ***** if he goes back to dan gilbert.

apocalypse15
07-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Would it not make things more interesting though for the entire NBA?

jmartin80
07-09-2014, 03:39 PM
I would not be surprised if this happened at all. I have been talking about this for a while. This is what the NBA wants. This is what I posted back in May and think it is true still:

I said it in the other thread, but I will say it here too. Cause I want too.

I believe the draft is rigged. Have for a while including the Rose pick.

Currently, the NBA values Lebron more then the big markets. The big markets are going to pull in their money, but Lebron is worth everything to them. He is their poster child. They need all the talent in Cleveland they can. Then Lebron comes in to save them and his reputation which I think is still shattered. What a great player / unselfish player who is the greatest Savior for his home team, the Cavs. What a King.

I think it is ********.

If it doesn't happen, great, but still wouldn't be surprised.

MelanconMadness
07-09-2014, 03:53 PM

They would just move on to Peyton manning and tom brady. Nfl season is 320 days of the year

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 03:57 PM
This forum is already 100x better without the Miami fans.

Appropriate for them to all leave with 5 seconds left on left on the clock (LeBron's final day as FA) and the game (LeBron's decision) not even over yet.

ChicagoJ
07-09-2014, 03:59 PM
I really hope this happens (going to Cleveland). It is such a better league that way and I could finally root for lebron.

Lakers + Giants
07-09-2014, 04:08 PM
OP...

LMAO. Clearly upset this article doesn't benefit your heat. If this said lebron were staying you would not be questioning the source.

Arch Stanton
07-09-2014, 04:10 PM
@BenAxelrod: LeBatard admitting that he underestimated Cleveland in this entire LeBron situation. It's all happening.

RaiderLakersA's
07-09-2014, 04:20 PM

I'm thinking the same thing.

Unless Wade intended to go to Chicago or another franchise as a lesser paid role player all along...which is extremely doubtful.

D-Leethal
07-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Who said LeBron convinced Wade to opt out?

All the reports I read were that Wade & Bosh were as much in the dark as everyone else to LeBron's decision.

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 06:01 PM
He should be giving Riley the bad news right about now.

Didn't Riley say you have to finish what you start in his little rant, well LeBron is but in Cleveland!

Sandman
07-09-2014, 06:04 PM
He should be giving Riley the bad news right about now.

Didn't Riley say you have to finish what you start in his little rant, well LeBron is but in Cleveland!

Lol I think it was over right then and there. That was his own little Dan Gilbert speech.

Most hypocritical ******** ever. Not only LeBron exact same situation 4 years ago, but Riley with the Knicks 20 years ago.

yankeefan54
07-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Lebron going back to Cleveland is the only acceptable place for him to go without being vilified like 4 years ago.

KnickaBocka.44
07-09-2014, 06:13 PM
My call right now is that Bron, Melo, Wade and Bosh all end up with their (pseudo)hometown teams. Bosh ends up in Houston, Lebron in Cleveland, Wade in Chicago and Melo in NY. Book dat 'ish.

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 06:24 PM
My call right now is that Bron, Melo, Wade and Bosh all end up with their (pseudo)hometown teams. Bosh ends up in Houston, Lebron in Cleveland, Wade in Chicago and Melo in NY. Book dat 'ish.

Bosh is from Dallas, but I get your point.

KG2TB
07-09-2014, 06:42 PM
I have to admit, it would be hilarious if Bosh went to Houston with Howard, Harden, and Parsons, Bron to Cleveland with Kyrie and Love, and Wade was left to stay in Miami with Oden, Granger, and McBob :laugh2:

*Silver&Black*
07-09-2014, 06:58 PM

And the majority of 'Heat fans' scatter to the Cavs like roaches, Miami will have the quickest turn around of fan support and on court product in a while.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Sheridan is up to it again

His website's down, tho.

Sheridan is either right, or we can just finally write his career off once and for all

mightybosstone
07-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Sheridan just announced that Lebron will officially be signing with the Cavs.

Chris Sheridan @sheridanhoops 4 minutes ago
LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a source tells sheridanhoops.com. @LeBron James #LeBronToClev sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/09/she…
If this guy is right, he's going to look like a genius. He says Lebron is meeting to inform Riley that he's picking the Cavaliers and that the announcement will officially be made on Lebron's website soon.

RateSports
07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Conflicting Reports

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsL2e6TCAAEAxJ7.jpg

@SheridanHoops: LeBron-to-Cavs news will eventually post on http://lebronjames.com . Nat'l media being fed misinformation. I stand by my source & story 100%.

@Chris_Broussard: Source: LeBron James will not make/announce his decision tonight

@SheridanHoops: LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a source tells http://sheridanhoops.com . @KingJames #LeBronToClev http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/09/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-9-edition/ …

All I know is this. I am the biggest LeBron fan (went to his hs games). If he does not go to Cleveland now, then they have a real reason to hate him. This is dragging out too long.

Enjoy this awesome vid btw :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t461NyyIHI

Sanjay
07-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Lebron has no shame if he goes back to Cleveland!

HYFR
07-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Need more sauces!

ManRam
07-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Sheridan doesn't count.

Dude's website isn't even functioning.

cmb0310
07-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Not convinced yet

InRoseWeTrust
07-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Happy for Cleveland if true.

Norm
07-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Sheridan doesn't count.

Or his cell phone. He tried to call into the radio today and it cut out like 2 sentences in.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 07:37 PM
We have Broussard saying that LeBron isn't ready to make the decision...and Sheridan saying the decision is Cleveland. It's a battle between the two shittiest "source" wizards.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 07:38 PM

KobeOwnSU
07-09-2014, 07:38 PM
I think we will know very shortly.

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2014, 07:39 PM
We have Broussard saying that LeBron isn't ready to make the decision...and Sheridan saying the decision is Cleveland. It's a battle between the two shittiest "source" wizards.

Save us Woj!

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2014, 07:41 PM
BS until it comes from someone legit.

*Superman*
07-09-2014, 07:42 PM
He's going back. No doubt.

jaayytheillest
07-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Lol where all the Heat fans at they dissapear already? :)

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Meeting btwn LeBron and Pat Riley is over. source insists LeBron has not yet made his decision
6:36pm - 9 Jul 14

broussard

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Meeting btwn LeBron and Pat Riley is over. source insists LeBron has not yet made his decision
6:36pm - 9 Jul 14

broussard
Jeeeeesus. Can anyone that is legit come up with anything? Rick Bucher will be in shortly to weigh in

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Sheridan doesn't count.

Probably overloaded more than psd during the trade deadline

*Silver&Black*
07-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Lebron has no shame if he goes back to Cleveland!

As long as Love doesn't follow (I'm a Love fan), I'm cool with it.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Stunning plot twist!

elledaddy
07-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Dont yall know that they are all waiting on PHIL JACKSON... Once/if Phil gets rid of Stat and Bargs..........hahahhahahahahhahaha

dcenate05050
07-09-2014, 07:51 PM
Sheridan is a hack.. He knows as much as we do...

Lebron probably will pick Cleveland tho

Crunch Time
07-09-2014, 07:52 PM
David San Martin
‏@dsanmartinNBA
My sources tell me, if Bron goes to CLE, Melo returns to New York, if Bron back to Miami, Melo will be a Laker.
Reply Retweet Favorite More

ManRam
07-09-2014, 07:53 PM
David San Martin
‏@dsanmartinNBA
My sources tell me, if Bron goes to CLE, Melo returns to New York, if Bron back to Miami, Melo will be a Laker.

What's the logic behind that? Why's it matter to Melo?

Sanjay
07-09-2014, 07:54 PM
As long as Love doesn't follow (I'm a Love fan), I'm cool with it.

Do you think he will?

king4day
07-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Cmon LeBron...Go back home. Everyone will love you again!
And it will return some balance back to the east!

ManRam
07-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Well, Broussard said there will be no decision tonight. Which makes sense if he's going to talk it over...

So...we wait!

ThunderousDemon
07-09-2014, 07:56 PM
David San Martin
‏@dsanmartinNBA

quoting your own twitter account lol

RLundi
07-09-2014, 07:57 PM
David San Martin
‏@dsanmartinNBA

Nah. Isola reported Melo is all but coming back to the Knicks, unless something extraordinary happens.

I don't consider Bron resigning extraordinary. Either way, it doesn't make sense. What does LeBron have to do with Melo if they aren't going to be on the same team?

DODGERS&LAKERS
David San Martin
‏@dsanmartinNBA

David San Martin lol

NYJ - NYY

quoting your own twitter account lol

Really? Lol

still1ballin
07-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Well, Broussard said there will be no decision tonight. Which makes sense if he's going to talk it over...

So...we wait!

Actually he said it can be as early as tonight, but Lebron said he wanted to make a decision before he leaves for the World Cup final Friday

*Silver&Black*
07-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Do you think he will?

Love? I hope not. I respect Lebron but I'm not feeling I would root for Kevin Love teaming up on the Cavs.

If you mean Lebron, he could go back.

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Cmon LeBron...Go back home. Everyone will love you again!
And it will return some balance back to the east!

Not really. With Wiggins for Love on the table a line up with Kyrie Lebron and Love will be the new superpower

Vinylman
07-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Lol where all the Heat fans at they dissapear already? :)

they are all out shopping for cavs gear

elledaddy
07-09-2014, 08:06 PM
David San Martin
‏@dsanmartinNBA

@dsanmartinNBA
If Bron returns to Miami , I'll go to Chipotle, if Bron goes to Clev, I'll go to Qdoba

DR_1
07-09-2014, 08:07 PM
they are all out shopping for cavs gear

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-09-2014, 08:10 PM
(null) Lebron is about to confirm his legacy as the biggest *** clown to ever play sports. He needs to man the **** up

mbsalame123
07-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Lebron has the potential to destroy the whole landscape of the NBA. The Mavericks were smart in offering Chandler Parsons a huge contract while the rockets wait for this whole fiasco to end and now the rockets don't realize this but they might lose parsons and not even get bosh in return.

Why does this relate to lebron? well lebron will determine where bosh is going to sign, if lebron stays then bosh to miami and if lebron leaves then bosh to houston but not only that, the rockets have 3 days to match the parsons offer and if lebron doesn't make a decission by the end of the week then the rockets might be forced to wait longer and lose parsons to then go after bosh or they might go out there and be forced to match the mavericks offer giving up the chance to sign chris bosh.
So the rockets are not going to be able to sign parsons and bosh, they will have to choose one of the 2 and well that is the side effect of waiting for major free agents like melo and lebron.

Meanwhile parsons and hayward are befitting from all of this as teams are going all out at them in order ensure they can get them while other teams are waiting for melo and lebron. Its crazy how hayward and parsons are going to be making more money then hall of famers and all stars... wow!

But I expect a deal to happen soon. Lebron to cavs, melo to knicks, bosh to houston, gasol to knicks, wade back to miami (he takes the biggest blow as he gave up 2 year $41 million) and then parsons to dallas, luol deng to hawks, ariza to wizards and the rockets replace parsons with possibly shawn marion or marvin williams

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Things are so confusing after "the meeting".

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Why would Riley want one more night?