PDA

View Full Version : Melo Possibly Holding Out in Hopes Bosh Signs With Houston So He Can Join LeBron

MetroMan
07-08-2014, 02:29 AM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Popular question raised by last five teams I've talked to: Is Melo holding out in hopes Bosh goes to Houston so he can join LeBron in Miami?

PraiseJesus
07-08-2014, 02:31 AM
Cant the Heat just sign Melo and Lebron first?

WITZ
07-08-2014, 02:34 AM
who to believe because according to this heat aren't even in the picture

"@SamAmicoFSO: Carmelo Anthony remains "torn" between Knicks, Lakers and Bulls, reports NY Daily News."

unleashthebeast
07-08-2014, 02:39 AM
Personally I would much rather keep Bosh

But if signing Melo keeps LeBron in south beach for another contract, then I am down with this move

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2014, 02:43 AM
The Kobe & Melo show.

1_team_1_dream
07-08-2014, 02:45 AM
lol is lin trade it yet ? bosh is going to wait for lbj to make a move.

if lebron signs with heat can they tell bosh to walk if his willing to take less to stay with lbj. So cold

if so then he will go to the rockets..
which will open a spot for melo on da heat but will he take less then the max?

TylerSL
07-08-2014, 02:47 AM
no. This is just more media speculation. Melo coming to Miami is a pipe dream, Bosh is not going anywhere and I do not believe Miami would do that to Bosh, who has repeatedly stated he will take a pay cut to keep the team together. Media is just playing the "what if" game because Miami and the Big 3 have been so quite. Melo staying in New York.

east fb knicks
07-08-2014, 02:56 AM
who cares melo needs to make up his dam mind already

LA4life24/8
07-08-2014, 03:12 AM

ahah my thoughts exactly, melo isnt going to the heat because if he was then they would just sign those two first and force wade/bosh to take a pay cut or walk lol...

Mr.B
07-08-2014, 03:36 AM
lol is lin trade it yet ? bosh is going to wait for lbj to make a move.

if lebron signs with heat can they tell bosh to walk if his willing to take less to stay with lbj. So cold

if so then he will go to the rockets..
which will open a spot for melo on da heat but will he take less then the max?

I hope you're right about Bosh waiting for Labron and I hope Labron takes his time. That would give Dallas to chance to swoop in and steal Parsons from Houston.

TDE
07-08-2014, 03:58 AM
I doubt Melo goes to Heat to be turned into a role player and take 11 shots per game like Bosh.

XpLiCiTT
07-08-2014, 04:00 AM
I doubt Melo goes to Heat to be turned into a role player and take 11 shots per game like Bosh.

What..?

numba1CHANGsta
07-08-2014, 04:04 AM
LMAO what a dumb thread, the Heat could sign them both right now :facepalm:

TDE
07-08-2014, 04:04 AM
What..?

Bosh went from 24/11/2 to 16/6/1 from 17 FGA to just 12.

numba1CHANGsta
07-08-2014, 04:07 AM

"@SamAmicoFSO: Carmelo Anthony remains "torn" between Knicks, Lakers and Bulls, reports NY Daily News."

This is the way I look at it:

Who can offer the most money: 1) NY, 2) LAL, 3) CHI
Who is most built to contend: 1) CHI, 2) LAL, 3) NY

The Lakers seem to be the most balanced of his needs, he wants the max and contend and the Lakers are the only team that can offer that

XpLiCiTT
07-08-2014, 04:07 AM
Bosh went from 24/11/2 to 16/6/1 from 17 FGA to just 12.

He's only taking 3-4 less shots per game, which makes sense since he's been playing with Wade & Bron. Plus he's become more of a perimeter player and isn't seeing nearly as many FTs per game, which is making him score less too.

Also, he is not a "role player". Nor would Melo be a "role player". And if you think Melo would only be taking 11 shots you're crazy, LeBron would help Melo get better looks than he's ever seen.

TDE
07-08-2014, 04:31 AM
He's only taking 3-4 less shots per game, which makes sense since he's been playing with Wade & Bron. Plus he's become more of a perimeter player and isn't seeing nearly as many FTs per game, which is making him score less too.

Also, he is not a "role player". Nor would Melo be a "role player". And if you think Melo would only be taking 11 shots you're crazy, LeBron would help Melo get better looks than he's ever seen.

Just about every player that's played with Lebron their numbers have gone down, Melo wont be any different. Bosh, Wade and Lebron take an average of about 44 FG per game. If Melo was to take 17, same as Lebron, that leaves the rest of the team with 20 shots to share. U think that would work?

Dade County
07-08-2014, 04:37 AM
They are trying to get all of them discounted...

But they can't make it look like they colluded with each other.

This is why all this fake media madness is happening.

Discounted!!!

HandsOnTheWheel
07-08-2014, 04:52 AM
The whole superstar free agent situation is just too quiet

amos1er
07-08-2014, 04:54 AM
Just about every player that's played with Lebron their numbers have gone down, Melo wont be any different. Bosh, Wade and Lebron take an average of about 44 FG per game. If Melo was to take 17, same as Lebron, that leaves the rest of the team with 20 shots to share. U think that would work?

I wouldn't bother with him. Dude is sprung on Lebron. I have tried explaining this to him several times to no avail. These guys are under the false conception that Lebron makes his teammates better but all he really does is turn them into glorified roll players. Larry Hughes went from averaging 22, 6, and 5 to just 16, 4, and 4 playing with Lebron. Passers average less assists, rebounders average less rebounds, and scorers score less. But of course Lebron will lead his teams in all three major categories... Only his teams will be ranked poorly in all three as a result of not letting him teammates flourish to their strengths. Lebron will always demand to run a system that is designed to get him max stats and great/good players will all have to stand around on the perimeter and take the garbage he dishes them. This will always result in great individual stats for Lebron and poor overall team stats for both his teammates and his teams as a whole. Yet people wonder why Lebron's teams who have been overwhelming favorites to win it all the past four seasons have greatly underachieved and failed to live up to expectations. The writing is on the wall, I just don't get why people refuse to read it.

Asik's better
07-08-2014, 04:56 AM
We all know bosh and Lebron are staying and Melo is going to either LA or NY. Just someone make a freaking commitment. It's holding the rockets up from signing solid role players.

east fb knicks
07-08-2014, 05:00 AM
I wouldn't bother with him. Dude is sprung on Lebron. I have tried explaining this to him several times to no avail. These guys are under the false conception that Lebron makes his teammates better but all he really does is turn them into glorified roll players. Larry Hughes went from averaging 22, 6, and 5 to just 16, 4, and 4 playing with Lebron. Passers average less assists, rebounders average less rebounds, and scorers score less. But of course Lebron will lead his teams in all three major categories... Only his teams will be ranked poorly in all three as a result of not letting him teammates flourish to their strengths. Lebron will always demand to run a system that is designed to get him max stats and great/good players will all have to stand around on the perimeter and take the garbage he dishes them. This will always result in great individual stats for Lebron and poor overall team stats for both his teammates and his teams as a whole. Yet people wonder why Lebron's teams who have been overwhelming favorites to win it all the past four seasons have greatly underachieved and failed to live up to expectations. The writing is on the wall, I just don't get why people refuse to read it.

you bring up some really strong points I never really thought of it like that but when you see bosh is now relegated to just a spot up shooter your right

amos1er
07-08-2014, 05:28 AM
you bring up some really strong points I never really thought of it like that but when you see bosh is now relegated to just a spot up shooter your right

Very refreshing to see someone who is able to look at things objectively around here.

DR_1
07-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Melo didn't even visit Miami

GiantsSwaGG
07-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Bosh be on LeBron's dick, it's safe to say wherever LeBron goes, Bosh goes

Denverbronco007
07-08-2014, 09:54 AM
all the same information getting passed back and forth. This is sickening. Enough already. At this point I honestly don't care what any of these fools do. The NBA is loving this. Taking cues from the NFL.

chitown85
07-08-2014, 10:02 AM

The Lakers seem to be the most balanced of his needs, he wants the max and contend and the Lakers are the only team that can offer that

Lakers contending for what? A playoff spot? Surely you don't think Melo puts them over the top in the West...

astrosmaniac
07-08-2014, 10:03 AM
no. This is just more media speculation. Melo coming to Miami is a pipe dream, Bosh is not going anywhere and I do not believe Miami would do that to Bosh, who has repeatedly stated he will take a pay cut to keep the team together. Media is just playing the "what if" game because Miami and the Big 3 have been so quite. Melo staying in New York.

How is it media speculation when the tweet explicitly states that the last 5 teams talked to raised the question?

alexander_37
07-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I hope melo goes to L.A keep on losing lol.

chitown85
07-08-2014, 10:05 AM
This report/guess makes me even more confident that these morons truly have no clue about what's going on...could get this crap from any random drunk b-ball fan at any bar in America:)

IndyRealist
07-08-2014, 10:10 AM
This isn't even a rumor with "sources".

sixer04fan
07-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Wouldn't the Heat prefer Bosh to Melo? Both great players, but the Bosh fit with Lebron and Wade just makes so much more sense.

Of course, they could just let Wade go, and the Lebron/Melo/Bosh combo would be the best scenario at this point. But that would never happen. And wade's expected to take the least amount of money anyways.

oldbutjacked
07-08-2014, 10:29 AM

I agree with you a 100%. His style of play is not easy to build a team around. You can look at his stats all you want as it tells a different story but watch a game and the truth is there.

oldbutjacked
07-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Wouldn't the Heat prefer Bosh to Melo? Both great players, but the Bosh fit with Lebron and Wade just makes so much more sense.

Of course, they could just let Wade go, and the Lebron/Melo/Bosh combo would be the best scenario at this point. But that would never happen. And wade's expected to take the least amount of money anyways.

I actually think Lebron and Melo would fit perfect with one another. Yes both ball dominate but one with his back to the basket and one that attacks the rim.

chitown85
07-08-2014, 10:36 AM

Exactly. A shot in the dark...a guess backed up with " 5" imaginary teams saying this nonsense...

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Riley would come across as disingenuous if he didn't first make an attempt to sign all of the "Big 3." But if you take "loyalty" and sentiment out of the equation, that's exactly what any smart GM would do -- give max deals to Melo and LeBron first and then see if Wade and Bosh will come back at vastly reduced salaries.

In the East you still have a contender if the you have a LeBron/Bosh or a LeBron/Melo. You do not have a contender if it's just LeBron and Wade, given Wade's decline.

bleedprple&gold
07-08-2014, 10:56 AM

Yes it is just speculation but it would explain why nobody can make up their damn mind. At this point it looks like nothings happening until Lebron makes up his mind and Lebron is loving it. He's the puppet master right now and the rest of the nba are his puppets. I mean did he really have to go on vacation RIGHT when free agency started? Didn't he have a couple of weeks to go after the finals ended? And doesn't he have the rest of the summer to go wherever the hell he wants after free agency is over? Its obvious he went at that time on purpose. He wants the nba to wait on him and everything to be on his terms and he's getting his wish. This is becoming worse than the Decision (at least that raised money for charity). Now he's just holding up a multi-billion dollar business for the hell of it. It's getting ridiculous.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Here's a solid article from Ken Berger explaining why Melo going to Miami instead of Bosh is really, really unlikely.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24610979/trying-to-get-melo-math-to-add-up-in-miami

It's just not happening, guys...

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Yes it is just speculation but it would explain why nobody can make up their damn mind. At this point it looks like nothings happening until Lebron makes up his mind and Lebron is loving it. He's the puppet master right now and the rest of the nba are his puppets. I mean did he really have to go on vacation RIGHT when free agency started? Didn't he have a couple of weeks to go after the finals ended? And doesn't he have the rest of the summer to go wherever the hell he wants after free agency is over? Its obvious he went at that time on purpose. He wants the nba to wait on him and everything to be on his terms and he's getting his wish. This is becoming worse than the Decision (at least that raised money for charity). Now he's just holding up a multi-billion dollar business for the hell of it. It's getting ridiculous.

That's one way to look at it, although I think a bit of an extreme perspective.

The obverse is that LeBron wants everyone else to decide what they're going to do without his input. Wade, Bosh, Melo...these are all grown *** men who should be the captains of their own destinies. Your post would indicate that they're little more than sheep, followers, fanboys, who can't decide which way to dress their johnsons without LeBron nodding left or right. I don't believe that.

Is there some collusion going on here? Sure. Bosh, Wade and LeBron were teammates and it's not a coincidence that all three decided to void their contracts even though it wasn't necessarily in all of their best financial interests to do so (I'm looking at you Wade.) Clearly James wants a max salary, which one would think would be counterproductive to (a) re-signing all three; (b) adding Melo; and (c) building a deep bench. The point is LeBron's asking for max salary essentially takes him out of the equation. There is no need for further input from his end. No need for marionette strings. If there is a puppetmaster here, it's Riles or some other GM...which is where that power properly belongs.

Jarvo
07-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Idk if it's gonna happen or the true master plan, BUT Lebron is already looked at as a ahole and already hated. If he tells Bosh you have to walk so The Heat can get Melo just think of the hate he will get for that.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Idk if it's gonna happen or the true master plan, BUT Lebron is already looked at as a ahole and already hated. If he tells Bosh you have to walk so The Heat can get Melo just think of the hate he will get for that.

LeBron has already learned that people are going to hate him, no matter what. It reminds me of Kobe's development. There was a point when everyone loved him. Then came the Shaq feud, the rape accusations, etc. Then he became hated ... but unlike most superstars, Kobe started to relish the role of the villain. I think LeBron will take a similar turn in his development. One day we'll see it in his eyes: "Hate me all you like, but you WILL respect my game. I'm going to punish your teams and crush your hopes every chance that I get."

J4KOP99
07-08-2014, 12:14 PM
This would be the greatest heel turn of all time. Better than Hogan at Bash at the Beach.

Vinylman
07-08-2014, 12:26 PM
The reason this doesn't make any sense is that say both melo and LeBron would want max deals... approx. $43 between them. this would require the Heat to renounce both Bosh and Wade if they are gonna sign mcbob and Granger because they won't have the MLE anymore...

The McBob/Granger deals would lead me to think that Riley feels like the 3 guys are coming back... If they aren't you would think he would be saving room for some of those mid-tier FA's like Stephenson/Monroe/Bledsoe etc...

Jarvo
07-08-2014, 12:31 PM
This would be the greatest heel turn of all time. Better than Hogan at Bash at the Beach.

Hogan heel turn July 7th
Lebron decision July 8th

:jumpy:

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 12:36 PM
What's the difference between Melo/Bosh playing PF? Melo played PF for quite some time over the years and he can rebound, shoot threes, spread the floor, and can take any player one on one. Bosh doesn't do anything better than Melo, tbh. I know Melo is more of a SF but he definitely has the capability of playing PF. So really, I'm taking Melo over Bosh if I'm Miami. You get a lethal scorer, someone who can actually take some pressure off James, and well.. Who the hell do you double team? No one walks around saying "Double team Bosh or "Double Team Wade. Well, how do you double team Melo while leaving James open?

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 12:49 PM
What's the difference between Melo/Bosh playing PF? Melo played PF for quite some time over the years and he can rebound, shoot threes, spread the floor, and can take any player one on one. Bosh doesn't do anything better than Melo, tbh. I know Melo is more of a SF but he definitely has the capability of playing PF. So really, I'm taking Melo over Bosh if I'm Miami. You get a lethal scorer, someone who can actually take some pressure off James, and well.. Who the hell do you double team? No one walks around saying "Double team Bosh or "Double Team Wade. Well, how do you double team Melo while leaving James open?

Melo is a much better scorer than Bosh and is an excellent option as a stretch 4, but to say he does everything better than Bosh as a PF is to completely ignore to the defensive side of the ball. Do you honestly think Melo is remotely the defensive player that Bosh is?

ambisme56
07-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Crazy stalemate going on here...

Can a free agency period get any better than this in any sport.

Who is going to budge first?

Option 1:
I think LeBron has to be the guy who makes the first move. If he stays in Miami, Bosh stays with him. If he goes to Cleveland, Bosh goes to Houston, Melo goes to Knicks? Bulls? Lakers? and Wade is left all alone :(

Option 2:
If Bosh truly only wants to play with Lebron then his only course of action is just to resign with Miami on a short term contract maybe even 2 years. Just in case Lebron decides to then go to Cleveland he can leave after only 2 more years.

Option 3:
If Melo is going to make the first move he will go for the money since he can't guarantee anything else except the money, so he'll go back to the Knicks.

I don't see Bosh leaving Miami first before Lebron says he's going to Cleveland and then Bosh will sign with Houston so fast that Lebron could be like psych I'm going back to Miami.

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Melo is a much better scorer than Bosh and is an excellent option as a stretch 4, but to say he does everything better than Bosh as a PF is to completely ignore to the defensive side of the ball. Do you honestly think Melo is remotely the defensive player that Bosh is?

Are you really going to ask whether or not Bosh is a better defender than Melo? He is but I would say that's something not even worth mentioning. Again, back to the point, is Bosh a great defender? No. Is he a good defender? Yes. But really, watch how he plays. At least Melo tries to contest some shots. Bosh would just get bullied and not even throw his hands up at times. I would say the difference between their defense is very minimal. Let's focus on what their strengths truly are.

1) Melo is a better rebounder IMO just because he fights for the ball.
2) Melo is a better scorer, and a much better stretch.
3) Melo doesn't just stand in the three point line. He can pull-up, drive to the paint, get calls, and beat anyone one on one. Bosh relies on a quick pass to pull the trigger on his shot. He often just passes it back because he can't take anyone one on one. Remember against the Spurs, Miami needed someone to take the pressure off James and no one could. Melo can definitely offer that service. I believe his defense can be better considering the load he takes on the offensive end would be much less with James on his team.

bleedprple&gold
07-08-2014, 12:57 PM
The reason this doesn't make any sense is that say both melo and LeBron would want max deals... approx. $43 between them. this would require the Heat to renounce both Bosh and Wade if they are gonna sign mcbob and Granger because they won't have the MLE anymore...

The McBob/Granger deals would lead me to think that Riley feels like the 3 guys are coming back... If they aren't you would think he would be saving room for some of those mid-tier FA's like Stephenson/Monroe/Bledsoe etc...

You would think with the signings Riley made that he thinks they are coming back but not necessarily. He could have just been sending the message look guys I'm not spending our cap space on other players and I don't expect you to take a pay cut now please come back. Which is a smart move because realistically with Lebron wanting the max and Bosh wanting at least 15 even if Wade took 12 they would still have less than 10 mil to spend which is not enough to get a true impact player. They were better off using their exceptions and keeping the bird rights to all their free agents that way they can bring back Birdman, Allen, whoever else and not be limited in what they can pay the big 3.

Aust
07-08-2014, 12:59 PM

********. He's waiting for other dominoes to fall. Please stop wasting our time and just sign with someone else.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Are you really going to ask whether or not Bosh is a better defender than Melo? He is but I would say that's something not even worth mentioning. Again, back to the point, is Bosh a great defender? No. Is he a good defender? Yes. But really, watch how he plays. At least Melo tries to contest some shots. Bosh would just get bullied and not even throw his hands up at times. I would say the difference between their defense is very minimal. Let's focus on what their strengths truly are.

1) Melo is a better rebounder IMO just because he fights for the ball.
2) Melo is a better scorer, and a much better stretch.
3) Melo doesn't just stand in the three point line. He can pull-up, drive to the paint, get calls, and beat anyone one on one. Bosh relies on a quick pass to pull the trigger on his shot. He often just passes it back because he can't take anyone one on one. Remember against the Spurs, Miami needed someone to take the pressure off James and no one could. Melo can definitely offer that service. I believe his defense can be better considering the load he takes on the offensive end would be much less with James on his team.

You're seriously underrating Bosh as a help defender. He's easily the second best defensive player on the Heat team and if you replace Bosh with Melo, Miami is going to have some MAJOR problems on the defensive end of the floor. Also, I would contest that Bosh's rebounding numbers are so skewed because he's focusing far more on help defense than he is on crashing the glass. Melo absolutely, positively cannot take over the roll that Bosh plays on the defensive end of the floor and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Mark my words. If Miami swaps Bosh out with Melo and doesn't add a defensive big to replace him, they're going to be a worse basketball team. That being said, I think it's a moot point. As that article stated that I posted earlier, the probability of this happening is EXTREMELY low.

Dade County
07-08-2014, 01:32 PM

If the media actually only reported the truth, the only thing you would have heard about Lbj is that his agent held meetings with 4 to 5 teams; and Lbj is on vacation.

The End

Here's a solid article from Ken Berger explaining why Melo going to Miami instead of Bosh is really, really unlikely.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24610979/trying-to-get-melo-math-to-add-up-in-miami

I don't think you are factor in, that Lbj wanted the max is probably a rumor. Also if you just focus in on the numbers & say they will never sign for this or that, you are handcuffing your thought process.

Did Lbj agent or himself come out & say, they will only accept a max offer; or was it reported over and over again, that Lbj is looking for a max deal only?

These guys are friends & they are not afraid to lie to get what they want. And what they want is to all play together.

The HEAT are aiming for all 4... They don't want to to look like they colluded with each other.

XpLiCiTT
07-08-2014, 01:42 PM

I'm "Sprung on LeBron".. lol. Why? Because I disagreed with this guy that Melo would be a "role player" on the Heat? You troll every thread. Just about literally every single one of your posts you somehow find a way to talk LeBron down. It's very obvious to everyone you hate LeBron and can't be objective about anything.

akia83
07-08-2014, 01:48 PM

Nice troll.
You know Lebron helps winning games too, right?
Look at Cleveland when he left, look at Miami when he's on the bench. The writing is on the wall.

bleedprple&gold
07-08-2014, 01:48 PM
If the media actually only reported the truth, the only thing you would have heard about Lbj is that his agent held meetings with 4 to 5 teams; and Lbj is on vacation.

The End

That is what I heard, what's your point? It doesn't change the fact that he chose to take his vacation at the most inopportune time. His agent holding meetings is not the same as him holding meetings. The King is too high and mighty to waste his time talking to those teams so let the peasant (his agent) do it.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 01:50 PM
I don't think you are factor in, that Lbj wanted the max is probably a rumor. Also if you just focus in on the numbers & say they will never sign for this or that, you are handcuffing your thought process.

Did Lbj agent or himself come out & say, they will only accept a max offer; or was it reported over and over again, that Lbj is looking for a max deal only?

These guys are friends & they are not afraid to lie to get what they want. And what they want is to all play together.

The HEAT are aiming for all 4... They don't want to to look like they colluded with each other.

Are you suggesting that the Heat can somehow keep the big three AND get Melo? Because that's pretty much impossible. If it were possible, you wouldn't have guys like Lowry and Gortat re-signing with their respective teams so quickly and you wouldn't have Riley offering the MLE and BAE already. I'd go so far as to say there is 0% chance that Lebron, Melo, Bosh and Wade all play for the Miami Heat next season, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

As for the Heat signing Melo instead of Bosh, that just became a hell of a lot less likely with the McRoberts and Granger offers. Still possible, but highly unlikely. And that's before you consider the fact that Bosh wants to stay in Miami if Lebron stays. So Miami would have to deny Bosh a contract offer and force him out of town.

XpLiCiTT
07-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Nice troll.
You know Lebron helps winning games too, right?
Look at Cleveland when he left, look at Miami when he's on the bench. The writing is on the wall.

Don't bother with him man. Dude absolutely hates LeBron. He is under the false conception that LeBron makes his teammates worse.

kjoke
07-08-2014, 01:52 PM

Is the possibility of Bosh sign and trade a thing? That would make the article's main point invalid because then melo could still make 20mil and the heat can sign McRoberts and Granger AND potentailly picking up more assets because of bosh

Dade County
07-08-2014, 01:55 PM
That is what I heard, what's your point? It doesn't change the fact that he chose to take his vacation at the most inopportune time. His agent holding meetings is not the same as him holding meetings. The King is too high and mighty to waste his time talking to those teams so let the peasant (his agent) do it.

What I was getting at is, you feel that Lbj is controlling the board (meaning the entire free agency).

WHat I am trying to say is that, Lbj isn't doing that, the media is doing that. Lbj, Wade & Bosh tried to remove themselves from the free agency madness, this is why all of them went on vacation.

The media is using this to there advantage, to create all sorts of ********. All of these guys know what they are going to do all already.

I think by tomorrow & later on tonight, you will see they start to publicly stat where they will be playing/staying.

mightybosstone
07-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Is the possibility of Bosh sign and trade a thing? That would make the article's main point invalid because then melo could still make 20mil and the heat can sign McRoberts and Granger AND potentailly picking up more assets because of bosh

I suppose it could be, but it would have to be a sign and trade in which the Heat take back little to no salary in return. But again, you're forgetting the alleged point that keeps getting made which is that Chris Bosh WANTS to return to Miami if Lebron is there. If that is the case, the only way a sign and trade would make sense would be if the Miami front office prefers Melo to Bosh and essentially refuses to offer Bosh a contract.

bleedprple&gold
07-08-2014, 02:08 PM

What I was getting at is, you feel that Lbj is controlling the board (meaning the entire free agency).

WHat I am trying to say is that, Lbj isn't doing that, the media is doing that. Lbj, Wade & Bosh tried to remove themselves from the free agency madness, this is why all of them went on vacation.

The media is using this to there advantage, to create all sorts of ********. All of these guys know what they are going to do all already.

I think by tomorrow & later on tonight, you will see they start to publicly stat where they will be playing/staying.

If they already know what they are doing then why haven't they announced it yet? Because they want to be in control. What you stated just further proves my point.

believeinNYK
07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
This is all like a dramatic soap opera haha they are all 3 basically waiting on each other to make a move but no one has cuz like I said they are waiting on each other. Bosh is waiting on lebron if he stays bosh does as well if he doesn't he can go to Houston. Melo is supposedly now waiting on bosh if he leaves he can join Miami with Bron. Lebron may be waiting on melo in case they can team up but I think it would make sense to wait for melo also in case he goes to a team like the bulls that would make them a powerhouse in the east and that would spur lebron to leave the heat for greener pastures.

chitown85
07-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Breaking: Multiple sources have confirmed carmelo anthony prefers ketchup over mustard on his hot dogs. Ketchup is common fare in nyc and chicago. This is getting interesting.

IndyRealist
07-08-2014, 02:33 PM

It could also be explained if Lebron and Melo were replaced with robot ninjas on a covert mission to disrupt the Illuminati-Obama Alliance (IOA). Free agency is a cover for them to travel to key IOA strongholds and destroy resources.

Without sources, my story is just as plausible as Lebron trying to antagonize Bosh to get him to leave so Melo can come to to Maimi.

Bring The Heat
07-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Just when i thought I heard it all from the haters... Now "LeBron makes his teammates worse" lmao that is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

RowBTrice
07-08-2014, 02:38 PM

The Lakers are NOT contenders with Melo. Still wouldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs.

chitown85
07-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Hmmmm...yeah; disagree that he makes them worse. Don't hate the heat; I hate fair weather fans/bandwagon jumpers that crawl out of the wood work in any sport. Only earn bragging rights when you have been a fan since day 1. At the heart of it that's what people hate about the Heat; their "fan base." For the ones who have been there since day one? Congrats on your recent success! Stay Classy:)

Hawkamania
07-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Once Lebron and Melo make up their minds, the rest of the dominoes will fall. I'll just be glad when it's all over.

Bostonjorge
07-08-2014, 04:26 PM
The Lakers are NOT contenders with Melo. Still wouldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs.

I would have to disagree.

TylerSL
07-08-2014, 04:37 PM
How is it media speculation when the tweet explicitly states that the last 5 teams talked to raised the question?

Maybe not speculation by the media, but speculation period. There is no evidence that Melo is waiting on Bosh to leave that is just people whispering. It's not happening.

TylerSL
07-08-2014, 05:09 PM
I would have to disagree.

Melo going back to New York and he is taking Gasol with him.

JEDean89
07-08-2014, 05:11 PM
melo wouldn't be allowed back in NY if he became a Heat, that is literally the Knicks archrival and he demanded the knicks give up their starting 5 for him, only so he could bounce in FA. it would make him the ultimate pos.

HoodedSB
07-08-2014, 05:18 PM
These three guys are all waiting on someone else to make the first move. This is going to be agonizing.

Dade County
07-08-2014, 05:20 PM
If they already know what they are doing then why haven't they announced it yet? Because they want to be in control. What you stated just further proves my point.

They are not trying to control anything (free agents already have the power). They don't want it to look like collusion.

melo wouldn't be allowed back in NY if he became a Heat, that is literally the Knicks archrival and he demanded the knicks give up their starting 5 for him, only so he could bounce in FA. it would make him the ultimate pos.

What if Melo only signs a 1yr contract with the HEAT, then goes back to the Knicks, the fallowing season when they have more cap space?

But yeah, Knicks fans would hate him forever lol

Rockice_8
07-08-2014, 05:25 PM

Westbrook and Durant both can take 17-18 shots a game so why can't Melo and Lebron. It's wade that should be the glorified role player as should everyone else on that team.

I'm sorry but I'm building my team around Lebron to suit what he does best before I ever hand the ball off the Larry freaking Hughes so he can score 22 ppg and shoot 43% from the field.

Hell even Kobe and Shaq were able to shoot 20 times a game each and make it work.

Poor team stats? Are you just making stuff up now? MIA was #2 in offensive efficiency last year and #11 defensively and #5 in assist ratio but go on about how Lebron's teams all suck as a whole and he just pads his own stats.

In his 6 years in CLE (not including his rookie year). His team was in the top 5 in offensive eff 3 times and only in the bottom half of the league twice. I'd say he's done pretty well for his team and players around him. You could do that or put the ball back in Larry Hughes hands and play Lebron off the ball as you suggest, lol.

Should I go on, sure why not. Kobe (your boy) has a higher usage rate over his career and worse assist rate to back it up. Without looking at the stats I can pretty much say with confidence that while individual numbers may go down EFF probably goes up due to Lebron getting his guys open looks. Then I wouldn't put it past a Kobe lover to look past the per game numbers.

Underachieved? My goodness 4 straight finals and two rings is underachieving these days?

A seriously bad post from top to bottom.

todu82
07-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Yeah, can't see Melo going to Miami at all.

Max.This
07-08-2014, 05:39 PM
lebron passes the ball to melo and he goes iso for 20 seconds.

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Kevin Love: "I will sign with Cleveland if James is there"
Bosh: "I will resign with Miami if LeBron does"
Ray Allen: "I will wait for James and if not, will retire"
Chris Andersen: "I want to play with LeBron"
Joel Embiid: "Please come to Philly"
Lakers: "We will go all out for LeBron or Carmelo"
John Calipari: "I will jump at the chance to coach for LeBron"

I can name some more if you'd like. Fact is, players, coaches, and franchises want LeBron. Be it for money, his charisma, his style of game, whatever it is.. they want to play with him. I love how you give instances where players stats may or may not decrease when playing with James. Obviously it will decrease. Larry Hughes took less shots and played less minutes, what the hell did you expect? He went from being the second option to the third option in Cleveland. This was James in 2005-2007, clearly not his prime and though he averaged 31/7/7 on 48% at THE AGE of 21 (still scares me how good he has been for his entire career. Unreal to be that good at age 21). If you like to go by these standards, there are so many instances in which you can nitpick these circumstances.

XpLiCiTT
07-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Westbrook and Durant both can take 17-18 shots a game so why can't Melo and Lebron. It's wade that should be the glorified role player as should everyone else on that team.

I'm sorry but I'm building my team around Lebron to suit what he does best before I ever hand the ball off the Larry freaking Hughes so he can score 22 ppg and shoot 43% from the field.

Hell even Kobe and Shaq were able to shoot 20 times a game each and make it work.

Poor team stats? Are you just making stuff up now? MIA was #2 in offensive efficiency last year and #11 defensively and #5 in assist ratio but go on about how Lebron's teams all suck as a whole and he just pads his own stats.

In his 6 years in CLE (not including his rookie year). His team was in the top 5 in offensive eff 3 times and only in the bottom half of the league twice. I'd say he's done pretty well for his team and players around him. You could do that or put the ball back in Larry Hughes hands and play Lebron off the ball as you suggest, lol.

Should I go on, sure why not. Kobe (your boy) has a higher usage rate over his career and worse assist rate to back it up. Without looking at the stats I can pretty much say with confidence that while individual numbers may go down EFF probably goes up due to Lebron getting his guys open looks. Then I wouldn't put it past a Kobe lover to look past the per game numbers.

Underachieved? My goodness 4 straight finals and two rings is underachieving these days?

A seriously bad post from top to bottom.

Great post. I get tired of arguing with that troll.

Jamiecballer
07-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Its hilarious that you hold it against Lebron that he's the best on his team in just about everything.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 06:07 PM
The writing is on the wall. You people are way too naive.

Melo and his camp are misusing the name of the Los Angeles Lakers (and his own team the New York Knicks).

Bron and his camp are misusing the name of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

It's all a ploy. Riley and LeBron will eventually force Bosh to Houston, paving the way for a new revamped big 3 of Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

In terms of status (not actual playing style)

2010 LeBron = 2014 Carmelo (the big FA go getter)
2010 Wade = 2014 LeBron (the big recruiter)
2010 Bosh = 2014 Wade (will now need to subjugate their game to being a 3rd option)
2010/2011 Chalmers = 2014 Cole (the starting PG that will be distributing the ball to the Big 3 and hitting big shots as he feeds off the big 3)
2012/2013 Cole = 2014 Napier (the new young kid, the understudy and backup PG)

In terms of on the court basketball, what the Heat lose in length from Bosh will be gained with the physicality and passing of a Josh McRoberts.

The new bench 6th man is now Danny Granger.

Haslem and Allen come back on the cheap while Battier retires and the Heat tell Chalmers and James Jones to kick rocks. Maybe Birdman and Lewis come back as well for needed depth.

Cole/Napier
Wade/Allen
LeBron/Granger
Melo/McBob/Lewis
Birdman/Haslem

with more signees (probably shooters) to come on vet mins

XpLiCiTT
07-08-2014, 06:10 PM
If you search "amos1er" on Google, postings from "IHateLeBronJames.com" come up. Why does anyone take this guy seriously?

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Amost1r isn't a troll. He just has a hard time fighting against his hatred for LeBron. I'm sure many Heat fans are just the same in regards to Kobe. I just find it difficult to understand his arguments for LeBron. You must be really angry at him to not realize that he's been the best player for arguably 7 years and the fact that straight from high school, he's been dominating the game. I can't recall a player coming straight from high school and doing what James has been doing for 11 years in a row. Not to mention the fact that his advanced numbers are off the roof. He's very close to passing Jordan in PER/per season. His WS has continuously been off the roof. Remember when they said he quit in 2008-2009 against Orlando? He puts up 35/9/8 on 51% with advanced numbers of 37.4 PER and .400 WS.. And that's for the entire playoff series composing of 14 games. The dude is great. He's going to end up being one of the GOAT's and he'll surpass many doing so. Just accept the fact that he's a legend and a once in a lifetime player. Everything you hate him for just doesn't add up. He had a bad series against Mavs in that Finals but other than that, he's literally been amazing at every aspect of basketball. I really don't know what you guys expect him to do. 100 points, 50 assists, 80 rebounds on 99 FG%?

Did some snooping around courtesy of someone recommending a google search of Amost1er. Here is a post he made 6 years ago.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/10/e0/10e090cb67ed6ecd95928cccbce4ef0f.png

So basically he says people complain about Kings getting no calls while if Lakers get no calls, people call Lakers fans crybabies.. Hello, don't you complain about Miami getting all the calls? Way to be a hypocrite on this one, Amost1er.

Redrum187
07-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Amost1r isn't a troll. He just has a hard time fighting against his hatred for LeBron. I'm sure many Heat fans are just the same in regards to Kobe. I just find it difficult to understand his arguments for LeBron. You must be really angry at him to not realize that he's been the best player for arguably 7 years and the fact that straight from high school, he's been dominating the game. I can't recall a player coming straight from high school and doing what James has been doing for 11 years in a row. Not to mention the fact that his advanced numbers are off the roof. He's very close to passing Jordan in PER/per season. His WS has continuously been off the roof. Remember when they said he quit in 2008-2009 against Orlando? He puts up 35/9/8 on 51% with advanced numbers of 37.4 PER and .400 WS.. And that's for the entire playoff series composing of 14 games. The dude is great. He's going to end up being one of the GOAT's and he'll surpass many doing so. Just accept the fact that he's a legend and a once in a lifetime player. Everything you hate him for just doesn't add up. He had a bad series against Mavs in that Finals but other than that, he's literally been amazing at every aspect of basketball. I really don't know what you guys expect him to do. 100 points, 50 assists, 80 rebounds on 99 FG%?

Did some snooping around courtesy of someone recommending a google search of Amost1er. Here is a post he made 6 years ago.

So basically he says people complain about Kings getting no calls while if Lakers get no calls, people call Lakers fans crybabies.. Hello, don't you complain about Miami getting all the calls? Way to be a hypocrite on this one, Amost1er.

I'm not sure, in any ratio of free-throws/2-point FGs/3-point FGs, you could score 100 points and shoot 99%. 98% could be possible if he took 51 2-point FG shots and made 50 of them. =p

XpLiCiTT
07-08-2014, 06:23 PM

Half of the dudes liked YouTube videos have to do with something negative against LeBron too. It's ridiculous and quite pathetic.

majmarcus
07-08-2014, 06:52 PM
The writing is on the wall. You people are way too naive.

Melo and his camp are misusing the name of the Los Angeles Lakers (and his own team the New York Knicks).

Bron and his camp are misusing the name of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

It's all a ploy. Riley and LeBron will eventually force Bosh to Houston, paving the way for a new revamped big 3 of Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

In terms of status (not actual playing style)

2010 LeBron = 2014 Carmelo (the big FA go getter)
2010 Wade = 2014 LeBron (the big recruiter)
2010 Bosh = 2014 Wade (will now need to subjugate their game to being a 3rd option)
2010/2011 Chalmers = 2014 Cole (the starting PG that will be distributing the ball to the Big 3 and hitting big shots as he feeds off the big 3)
2012/2013 Cole = 2014 Napier (the new young kid, the understudy and backup PG)

In terms of on the court basketball, what the Heat lose in length from Bosh will be gained with the physicality and passing of a Josh McRoberts.

The new bench 6th man is now Danny Granger.

Haslem and Allen come back on the cheap while Battier retires and the Heat tell Chalmers and James Jones to kick rocks. Maybe Birdman and Lewis come back as well for needed depth.

Cole/Napier
Wade/Allen
LeBron/Granger
Melo/McBob/Lewis
Birdman/Haslem

with more signees (probably shooters) to come on vet mins

I wouldn't doubt it. But if this happens-- this will say alot about The Lakers current state as well as Kobe's lack of(Whatever) as far as attracting other players to the team. We'll see what happens though...

Highlanderlaker
07-08-2014, 06:54 PM
It's kinda crazy that yaw are looking him up on the internet not that serious who cares if he don't like Lebron.. Everyone knows including the people who hate him know he's the best in the league and I don't think it's particularly that close.

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. But if this happens-- this will say alot about The Lakers current state as well as Kobe's lack of(Whatever) as far as attracting other players to the team. We'll see what happens though...

Lakers are my team, but the once highly classy and reputable fully functional gold standard franchise is gone.

As much as I love Kobe, the appeal of an overpaid 36 yr old with a torn achilles rehab come back and then a broken tibial plateau knee injury isn't all that great.

Jim Buss and Jeanie Buss are NOT Jerry Buss.

This is an organization when they had the chance to begin a 3rd stint with Phil Jackson, instead opted to go with a guy like Mike D'Antoni.

This new Laker brass has a bad track record with unpredictable and ill-advised decision making, a bunch of hoochie mamas who mix personal with professional (sometimes It's okay to do so, but you need to know when, with whom and in what situations).

The Lakers are good for only one thing....for other free agents to use their name in the media and press as a distractor for what they actually trying to accomplish.

XpLiCiTT
07-08-2014, 07:00 PM
It's kinda crazy that yaw are looking him up on the internet not that serious who cares if he don't like Lebron.. Everyone knows including the people who hate him know he's the best in the league and I don't think it's particularly that close.

A google search takes maybe 3 seconds tops, I just found it funny one of the first things I saw was "IHateLeBronJames.com" from a guy who claims to be "objective". :rolleyes: :laugh2:

SILVER SEAVER
07-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Will these two ego maniacs just team together in Miami and just get it done already? Bosh already opted out so why are they waiting on Bosh? He's got anywhere from 88-90 million waiting for him in Houston. Man would I love to be a fly on the wall in these meetings with the James, Wade, Bosh and Riley. The only holdup could possibly be that Bosh isn't going to Houston because if he was there should be three done deals by now.

SILVER SEAVER
07-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Lakers are my team, but the once highly classy and reputable fully functional gold standard franchise is gone.

As much as I love Kobe, the appeal of an overpaid 36 yr old with a torn achilles rehab come back and then a broken tibial plateau knee injury isn't all that great.

Jim Buss and Jeanie Buss are NOT Jerry Buss.

This is an organization when they had the chance to begin a 3rd stint with Phil Jackson, instead opted to go with a guy like Mike D'Antoni.

This new Laker brass has a bad track record with unpredictable and ill-advised decision making, a bunch of hoochie mamas who mix personal with professional (sometimes It's okay to do so, but you need to know when, with whom and in what situations).

The Lakers are good for only one thing....for other free agents to use their name in the media and press as a distractor for what they actually trying to accomplish.

Unfortunately Dr. Buss' dying wishes were for Tommy Boy to run the franchise. I don't think it was for him to run it into the ground. They are so dysfunctional........get a damn head coach already. They should've had one signed before the draft. Now there are big free agent fish out there and they are trying to convince guys to play there with an aging superstar coming off Achilles surgery and no head coach in place. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

KINGOFSPORTS
07-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Lakers are going through a tough time

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Lakers are going through a tough time

And they will continue to do so for many years to come.

Don't expect a superstar to come to them anytime soon. As soon as Bron and Melo are taken care of this summer, whoever Love is traded to will eventually take care of him next summer. Kyrie is already taken care of in Cleveland. When Pau goes to OKC, he will help Durant, Westbrook and company to win a chip in the next yr or so, and so Durant to LA in 2016 essentially becomes a pipe dream as well.

Lakers need to pray that Julius Randle becomes a superstar, which is doubtful. His ceiling is maybe 3 or 4 time career All-star in the tough West at best.

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Will these two ego maniacs just team together in Miami and just get it done already? Bosh already opted out so why are they waiting on Bosh? He's got anywhere from 88-90 million waiting for him in Houston. Man would I love to be a fly on the wall in these meetings with the James, Wade, Bosh and Riley. The only holdup could possibly be that Bosh isn't going to Houston because if he was there should be three done deals by now.

Maybe Miami wants to convince Bosh to take less so they can get all four?

P&GRealist
07-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Maybe Miami wants to convince Bosh to take less so they can get all four?

I think they might be trying to do this as well best case scenario. That ESPN article did come out sometime 4-5 weeks ago before the finals that Miami was trying to get a big 4 goin.

Aust
07-08-2014, 07:49 PM
And they will continue to do so for many years to come.

Don't expect a superstar to come to them anytime soon. As soon as Bron and Melo are taken care of this summer, whoever Love is traded to will eventually take care of him next summer. Kyrie is already taken care of in Cleveland. When Pau goes to OKC, he will help Durant, Westbrook and company to win a chip in the next yr or so, and so Durant to LA in 2016 essentially becomes a pipe dream as well.

Lakers need to pray that Julius Randle becomes a superstar, which is doubtful. His ceiling is maybe 3 or 4 time career All-star in the tough West at best.

Then build a young core so that a star will want to come. Thomas, Stephenson, Randle is a nice start.