PDA

View Full Version : Donald Sterling Getting Killed In Court Today. New Ownership By Next Weekend?

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 06:03 PM
I know most are burned out on this topic, but some real sh** is going down right now. After Donald "Cancer" Sterling successfully delayed the case today by nearly 7 hours, he just got news he didn't want to hear. First thing is his attempt to move the case to federal court was shot down. Next his plea of continuance to run this thing past the sell deadline set by the NBA was shot down. In other words.. Sterling is against the ropes in the case against his wife.

Also funny enough is Sterling didn't even show up to his own trial. He's at a local undisclosed location avoiding it. He actually is possibly having a warrant issued for his arrest because Shelly Sterling subpoenaed him and he failed to show, as did his top lawyer. Funniest part is that the judge just ordered his first witness to the stand and guess who the witness was? Donald Sterling himself! Absent from the court room and all :laugh2: :laugh2:

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 53s
Max Blecher promised Donald Sterling would be here. Neither is. We are now in break as lawyers search for answers. Can't make this stuff up.

LMAO Sterling's top lawyer stood him up. This is painful.

mdm692
07-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Where are all the DS supporters at? To my surprise there were actually quite a few when this whole ordeal first started that were all but guaranteeing a victory for him. Can't believe people actually support DS and what he stands for lol.

Deception
07-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Where are all the DS supporters at? To my surprise there were actually quite a few when this whole ordeal first started that were all but guaranteeing a victory for him. Can't believe people actually support DS and what he stands for lol.

I'm no supporter of him, but what people need to get was his comments were made behind closed doors. That's his business, it's not like he made a public speech at a press conference saying it.

mdm692
07-07-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm no supporter of him, but what people need to get was his comments were made behind closed doors. That's his business, it's not like he made a public speech at a press conference saying it.
And I agree. With that being said "he made the bed he chose to lay on" so this all happened because of his own fault.

JeffG20
07-07-2014, 08:05 PM

Technically its not his business. Its the NBA's.

Think about it like a Subway franchisee. You may own that particular store but the owner of whole company has a right to strip you of said franchise if you are a threat to his company.

Monta is beast
07-07-2014, 08:53 PM
He just got diagnosed with alzheimers to. Doc said his response when he told him was "im hungry i want to eat"

PurpleLynch
07-08-2014, 07:28 AM
He has also Alzheimer disease(read it on NBA.com). Soon a guardian will be named for him.

Tymathee
07-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah...poor dude's senile, he's done. His lawyer is an idiot or just desperate (most likely)

FlashBolt
07-08-2014, 05:51 PM
I really doubt his lawyer stood him up.. Donald Sterling wouldn't hire an idiot of an lawyer with the amount of money he has. With that being said, Donald brought this to himself. He should just let this all go and take it as it is. I believe he's not truly at fault since he can say what he wants just like everyone on the street can. The fact is that smut he fooled around with ruined his life. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife and that mistress planned this from the beginning to screw Donald over. I feel bad for him. He's obviously old, half torn between racist and not being racist, and has many health issues going on with his life. I don't agree with what he did; just the fact that he's an owner for a franchise that plays in a league dominated with African-American athletes.

KnicksFan4Years
07-08-2014, 06:02 PM
You know you have a screw loose when you get a $2 Billion dollar slap on the wrist and you want to fight it.

goingfor28
07-08-2014, 06:02 PM
DTS is a POS. Get him out ASAP. He should've been out a longgggg time ago, but better late than never.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Anybody following this on Twitter? Has the makings of a movie. Court room shouting, Donald clowning the lawyer questioning him, Donald saying "I don't recall" to every question he doesn't answer sarcastically. He flat out yelled at the Lawyer "Be a man!!!". Then he's cried multiple times apparently.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 19s
Sterling: "Tell me where that's relevant and that you're not trying to be a smart ***. What a weird lawyer. What did you say your name was?"

LMAO! Btw the guy questioning Sterling was called the most "scary" lawyer a few years back. Apparently he's a shark.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 51s
Attorney: "Did you say you want personal vindication?"
Sterling: "Personal visitation?"

:laugh2:

Aust
07-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Can't wait until we never have to hear about this guy again. Things are looking up for LAC.

blastmasta26
07-08-2014, 09:38 PM
I read the title and interpreted it pretty literally at first :laugh2:. With the way the media is now, I wouldn't even be surprised if guys like Woj could predict a murder on twitter

Pablonovi
07-08-2014, 09:54 PM
It's be great, imo, if he ends up getting way less (if anything) than what he was offered earlier - just for being so obstinate (on top of being a life-long racist.)

NBA_Starter
07-08-2014, 10:40 PM
He should have just thrown in the towel already.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Day 3 about to start. After initially banning media tweets, the judge has reversed that and decided to allow media to tweet/write during the session. The judge said this would be a 4 day trial, so almost there. Tomorrow should be the final day, Friday at the latest.

Bill Plaschke ‏@BillPlaschke 1m
Day Three of Donald Sterling trial starts with no Donald...first witness is Doc who he accused of being drunk...lovely day already

Pablonovi
07-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Day 3 about to start. After initially banning media tweets, the judge has reversed that and decided to allow media to tweet/write during the session. The judge said this would be a 4 day trial, so almost there. Tomorrow should be the final day, Friday at the latest.

Bill Plaschke ‏@BillPlaschke 1m
Day Three of Donald Sterling trial starts with no Donald...first witness is Doc who he accused of being drunk...lovely day already

Hey Clippersfan86,
Thanx for the "daily reports". It's kind of like getting a synopsis of one's favorite soap-opera, without having to sit thru all the parts that don't interest you or thru the commercials either.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 06:50 PM
My pleasure. Pablo follow Dan Woike on twitter. He's a hilarious Clippers beat writer. All of Donalds quotes there. Today Donald has already told his opposing lawyer to be a man again. Told his wife she's beautiful, but not very smart etc lol.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Donald Sterling: Make no mistake. I will never ever sell the Clippers and will be suing them until the day I die!!" Is what Sterling just shouted. Little does he know part of sales terms was Shelly protecting NBA from lawsuit. So him threatening to sue for 9 billion means he's suing himself and Shelly for a sum he doesn't even have

Pablonovi
07-09-2014, 11:04 PM
My pleasure. Pablo follow Dan Woike on twitter. He's a hilarious Clippers beat writer. All of Donalds quotes there. Today Donald has already told his opposing lawyer to be a man again. Told his wife she's beautiful, but not very smart etc lol.

Hey Clippersfan86,
Jolly gee, please don't ask me to "do" Twitter. I just recently "signed up" (or whatever it's called); took repeated attempts to "post" my first tweet - couldn't figure out if I was successful. At first I wasn't, then I ended up re-tweeting myself because I didn't see where I had already succeeded. Then somebody tweeted me and I couldn't figure out how to answer.

If I could be humiliated; I'd probably be that over that "fiasco". I haven't been back since. I can be embarrassed; so color me brightly so! hehe

In other words, I've "figured out" PSD; let me just stick to this (hehe). So, please, keep up these hilarious reports; I promise to keep reading them!

Clippersfan86
07-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Hey Clippersfan86,
Jolly gee, please don't ask me to "do" Twitter. I just recently "signed up" (or whatever it's called); took repeated attempts to "post" my first tweet - couldn't figure out if I was successful. At first I wasn't, then I ended up re-tweeting myself because I didn't see where I had already succeeded. Then somebody tweeted me and I couldn't figure out how to answer.

If I could be humiliated; I'd probably be that over that "fiasco". I haven't been back since. I can be embarrassed; so color me brightly so! hehe

In other words, I've "figured out" PSD; let me just stick to this (hehe). So, please, keep up these hilarious reports; I promise to keep reading them!

Lol :)

Clippersfan86
07-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Okay so the judge is a complete bit** and coward. Afraid to put his foot down on these shady as* lawyers who are abusing every loophole imaginable. Instead of resuming this trial tomorrow... Donald's lawyers conveniently both have back to back vacations with their wives. Meaning the trial doesn't resume until July 21st, 6 days after the NBA was scheduled to vote Sterling out. Kind of funny to me how Donald's top two guys have spur of the moment vacations NOT mentioned beforehand. So what this means is if Sterling somehow wins this case, NBA will likely wait till Sept or October to vote him out and THEN have a couple week bidding process. Meaning the team is held hostage until then leading right up into the season. The ONLY semi decent outcome to this would be Shelly/Ballmer winning this case at the very end of July.

The fact that the judge is allowing all of these obviously intentional stalling tactics tells me he's not fit to do his job and should be removed from the judicial system. Donald Sterling proving what Clippers fans have known forever, that he is a cancer to the league and the organization. If he walked outside right now and was struck by a bus, I literally would not give a fu**. I would probably cry tears of joy. I almost never have resentment or hatred but scum the caliber of Donald Sterling who go through life destroying people deserve nothing less than a slow and painful death.

I hope you die tomorrow you POS.

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Okay so the judge is a complete bit** and coward. Afraid to put his foot down on these shady as* lawyers who are abusing every loophole imaginable. Instead of resuming this trial tomorrow... Donald's lawyers conveniently both have back to back vacations with their wives. Meaning the trial doesn't resume until July 21st, 6 days after the NBA was scheduled to vote Sterling out. Kind of funny to me how Donald's top two guys have spur of the moment vacations NOT mentioned beforehand. So what this means is if Sterling somehow wins this case, NBA will likely wait till Sept or October to vote him out and THEN have a couple week bidding process. Meaning the team is held hostage until then leading right up into the season. The ONLY semi decent outcome to this would be Shelly/Ballmer winning this case at the very end of July.

The fact that the judge is allowing all of these obviously intentional stalling tactics tells me he's not fit to do his job and should be removed from the judicial system. Donald Sterling proving what Clippers fans have known forever, that he is a cancer to the league and the organization. If he walked outside right now and was struck by a bus, I literally would not give a fu**. I would probably cry tears of joy. I almost never have resentment or hatred but scum the caliber of Donald Sterling who go through life destroying people deserve nothing less than a slow and painful death.

I hope you die tomorrow you POS.

Hey Clippersfan86,
Before I read your latest report; I was thinking we "need" to spice up this thread by asking its many participants (hehe) what would be the most hilarious outcome of all of this.

Having just read your report; I think the situation even more desperately calls for such a discussion.

July 21st - that's no fun. (Besides, it might kill this thread - no news IS no news!

Otoh, can the NBA Board Of Governors (if that's what they call themselves) decide to re-convene (if that's what that's called) and decide (that probably is what THAT is called) to do something (fun/innovative/exciting/decisive) now that they can see he's playing the "delay" card?

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 08:35 PM
On a very more serious note, IF this is gonna push the big decision making (i.e., franchise-sale) stuff "back to the future"; then is the possibility of players & or coach "jumping ship" increasing (perhaps, the more so the more Sterling drags this out)?

Chrisclover
07-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I thought he was dead. ...Such misleading title. SMH

Clippersfan86
07-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Okay so the league has extended the deadline of Ballmer's bid till August 15th. The courts want the trail over by no later than August 1st. Assuming Shelly Sterling wins, this will be over by then. If Donald wins this case.. the NBA will vote him out of the league and put the team up for a bid. So Pablonovi I see no scenario in which he keeps the team and players demand trades.

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Okay so the league has extended the deadline of Ballmer's bid till August 15th. The courts want the trail over by no later than August 1st. Assuming Shelly Sterling wins, this will be over by then. If Donald wins this case.. the NBA will vote him out of the league and put the team up for a bid. So Pablonovi I see no scenario in which he keeps the team and players demand trades.

Hey Cf86,
Thanx for the quick response. Hopefully for the Clippers, nothing goes bizarrely wrong, putting a monkey wrench in the works. (Assuming he loses to somebody - Shelly, the NBA, or life-itself; can appeals still be filed and drag this out indefinitely?)

P.S. If you'd like, you can call me Pablo (it's not only shorter, it's my name.)

Cracka2HI!
07-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Pablo! Nice seeing you posting in a Clipper thread!!

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 12:29 AM
Pablo! Nice seeing you posting in a Clipper thread!!

Hey Cracka,
Nice seeing you ... oh wait, nevermind
Let's just leave it at "nice seeing you."
Hey I temporarily joined a chat at the sim thingy. I don't know if that turned out to be a good idea - I was 100% out of my league, and everything I said was completely off-topic. - We kind of had two completely separate convos going on - everybody else trading picks an me trading true-stories (with myself?)

Actually, everybody was kind to this old fool!

Speaking of the Clippers, if I joined the sims league I'd surely be the "Clippers of old - making all the worst trades and finished a solid last perpetually (no offense to the great fans and players - only to the owner).

Hey Cracka, Know what today is?
It's my 1st PSD "Birthday" or "Anniversary".
Gives me an opportunity to thank you personally for being so nice a year ago when I began my "career" here!

Chrisclover
07-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Hey Cracka, Know what today is?
It's my 1st PSD "Birthday" or "Anniversary".
Gives me an opportunity to thank you personally for being so nice a year ago when I began my "career" here!
In PSD, you are a baby since you are just 1 year old. And the others?teenagers.lol

Pablonovi
07-12-2014, 09:52 PM
In PSD, you are a baby since you are just 1 year old. And the others?teenagers.lol

Hey Chris,
I get the first part; but the second part, seems like pretty-bad math. (hehe) I don't think there's a single PSD-er that's been here for anything close to 13 years.

Chrisclover
07-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Hey Chris,
I get the first part; but the second part, seems like pretty-bad math. (hehe) I don't think there's a single PSD-er that's been here for anything close to 13 years.
then we are kids. lol

Pablonovi
07-12-2014, 10:11 PM
then we are kids. lol

Hey Chris,
We seem to certainly behave like ones (but there's a lot to be said for that over behaving like grouchy adults).

P.S. Were you "out of commission" there for awhile; it felt like you weren't around much?

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:18 PM
I don't understand why he is draggging this out so?

Pablonovi
07-12-2014, 10:36 PM

Hey Starter,
Seems like 99% arrogant obstinancy and 1% parkinsonian senility.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Hey Pablo,

Yes it is really sad.

Pablonovi
07-12-2014, 11:49 PM
Hey Pablo,

Yes it is really sad.

Hey Starter,
I guess what it all comes down to for me is:
This career-racist fool has the money and the ego - so he can go ahead and wager his money to suit his ego - I'm fine with him losing as much as possible.

Seeing as how "my" Lakers don't stand to benefit in any way that I can see; I just hope that NONE of this hurts the Clippers TEAM (meaning the players and how they play together).

Chrisclover
07-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Hey Chris,
We seem to certainly behave like ones (but there's a lot to be said for that over behaving like grouchy adults).

P.S. Were you "out of commission" there for awhile; it felt like you weren't around much?

Yea, I dont post as much as in the past. I am exploring other forums as well as reading books. I want to know more and think deeper about the society. However, I will not leave PSD.

kylem4711
07-13-2014, 02:32 AM

thats how sterling is. he gets the legal system and loves spite

Clippersfan86
07-13-2014, 02:34 AM

In his own words it's basically to get revenge. He knows he's going to lose the team so he said he wants to inflict as much damage as possible on the way out and make it as hard as possible to remove him.

Sssmush
07-13-2014, 02:39 AM
question: How the hell are people still rooting for the Clippers, or still consider themselves fans of the Clippers?

Everyone can now see EXACTLY what the ownership of the Clippers was ALWAYS about, what they have always BEEN about, since Day 1 in Los Angeles and continuing right through to the present.

Anybody who insists on singling out THIS basketball team, out of all the 30 NBA teams in the league, to be a fan of, I have to be honest, I have some questions about them. I just don't see the attraction.

Until Ballmer (or whoever) buys the team and changes the name to the "Hollywood Nights" or whatever and all this ugly bull**** goes away, I really think Clipper fans should do the decent thing and just step away from being "fans" for a while.

Seriously in 10 years "Clippers" gear will not be something that you would want to wear. It will be a reminder of the ugliest and most prolonged debacle in NBA history.

I'm sorry to have to say that, but it's the truth.

kylem4711
07-13-2014, 02:53 AM
question: How the hell are people still rooting for the Clippers, or still consider themselves fans of the Clippers?

Everyone can now see EXACTLY what the ownership of the Clippers was ALWAYS about, what they have always BEEN about, since Day 1 in Los Angeles and continuing right through to the present.

Anybody who insists on singling out THIS basketball team, out of all the 30 NBA teams in the league, to be a fan of, I have to be honest, I have some questions about them. I just don't see the attraction.

Until Ballmer (or whoever) buys the team and changes the name to the "Hollywood Nights" or whatever and all this ugly bull**** goes away, I really think Clipper fans should do the decent thing and just step away from being "fans" for a while.

Seriously in 10 years "Clippers" gear will not be something that you would want to wear. It will be a reminder of the ugliest and most prolonged debacle in NBA history.

dont be sorry. you are a lakers fan so of course you hate the clippers. no clippers fan is a fan of sterling. i hope you feel better after venting though

Clippersfan86
07-13-2014, 02:56 AM

Yes... now that the players need support more than ever, let's neglect them all because of an owner nobody likes to begin with.

Sssmush
07-13-2014, 03:18 AM
The "Clippers" are Donald Sterling's team. Always has been. Until the NBA franchise is sold and gets remade into a new and different team, I just don't understand anybody liking it.

I mean I would understand being a fan of Blake and CP3. I would understand a "Free Blake" or "Free CP3" t-shirt. And when the new team finally arrives it will be a great party and that's awesome.

But the Clippers are OVER and I don't see why anybody even wants to think about them, much less cheer for them. Errrr, a Clipper is an old sail boat? Right? Is that the thing. Uggggggh, MAKE IT STOP IT'S SUCKED FOR TWENTY YEARS AND DONALD STERLING IS SAYING HE WILL SUE THE LEAGUE FOREVER IT IS THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO BASKETBALL MAKE IT GO AWAY.

Clippersfan86
07-13-2014, 03:56 AM
The "Clippers" are Donald Sterling's team. Always has been. Until the NBA franchise is sold and gets remade into a new and different team, I just don't understand anybody liking it.

I mean I would understand being a fan of Blake and CP3. I would understand a "Free Blake" or "Free CP3" t-shirt. And when the new team finally arrives it will be a great party and that's awesome.

But the Clippers are OVER and I don't see why anybody even wants to think about them, much less cheer for them. Errrr, a Clipper is an old sail boat? Right? Is that the thing. Uggggggh, MAKE IT STOP IT'S SUCKED FOR TWENTY YEARS AND DONALD STERLING IS SAYING HE WILL SUE THE LEAGUE FOREVER IT IS THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO BASKETBALL MAKE IT GO AWAY.

No, he won't. Sterling will be outed by the league next month. That's IF it even goes that far and he doesn't lose his trial to his wife in two weeks.

Pablonovi
07-13-2014, 02:09 PM

Hey Sssmush,
First I have to say that you've definitely captured the sentiment and questions of a sizeable chunk of society on this question.
My answer would be that: in any organization you have three main components:

1) at the "top", you've got the ownership / leadership
2) at the "bottom", you've got the "rank-in-file" (in this case 12-15 players, a TEAM of them);
3) and, "in the middle", you've got the "bureaucrats" (officials, coaching-staff, janitors, etc.)

Sometimes there can exist a true "unity of purpose and function"; sometimes far from that.
In this case, Sterling is the polar opposite (in terms of "excellence") than is the TEAM of players (none of whom are personal favorites of mine; but ALL the main ones of which I highly respect, admire & cheer for (when they're not demolishing my Lakers!).

So, I (and I imagine 95% of Clippers admirers and especially fans) am hoping for:
a) Sterling to go down as hard and as fast as possible (if I believed in prayer and hell; I'd be praying for him to burn for eternity in hell!);
b) The new ownership group have ENOUGH time to get this house in order (for the first time since that filth took possession and turned it into a "forever" laughing stock, until quite recently); and
c) That the TEAM (players-TOGETHER and the coaching-staff and auxiliary "forces") "survive" this temporary "belch"; and come out stronger than ever.

Oh, and if all this comes true: Please don't humiliate my team!

Sssmush
07-14-2014, 01:09 AM
Hey Sssmush,
First I have to say that you've definitely captured the sentiment and questions of a sizeable chunk of society on this question.
My answer would be that: in any organization you have three main components:

1) at the "top", you've got the ownership / leadership
2) at the "bottom", you've got the "rank-in-file" (in this case 12-15 players, a TEAM of them);
3) and, "in the middle", you've got the "bureaucrats" (officials, coaching-staff, janitors, etc.)

Sometimes there can exist a true "unity of purpose and function"; sometimes far from that.
In this case, Sterling is the polar opposite (in terms of "excellence") than is the TEAM of players (none of whom are personal favorites of mine; but ALL the main ones of which I highly respect, admire & cheer for (when they're not demolishing my Lakers!).

So, I (and I imagine 95% of Clippers admirers and especially fans) am hoping for:
a) Sterling to go down as hard and as fast as possible (if I believed in prayer and hell; I'd be praying for him to burn for eternity in hell!);
b) The new ownership group have ENOUGH time to get this house in order (for the first time since that filth took possession and turned it into a "forever" laughing stock, until quite recently); and
c) That the TEAM (players-TOGETHER and the coaching-staff and auxiliary "forces") "survive" this temporary "belch"; and come out stronger than ever.

Oh, and if all this comes true: Please don't humiliate my team!

Yeah, as a team of players I do like the Clippers somewhat. It was exciting when Ballmer's bid was accepted, that seemed pretty great. Watching what Sterling is saying in court and in the media though is just making me realize that all our suspicions about that suspiciously racist team were true all along. And now Sterling threatening to tear down the NBA has a peculiar ugliness about it that completely transcends sports.

Honestly as a Laker fan I will probably never be much of a Doc Rivers fan, even if the team gets transformed into something totally cool like the LA Playboys or something, with the bunny logo and everything. But I'd definitely like to see another good team in LA, and I am a cp3 fan. Maybe we should all just get ahead of the curve and stop calling them the "Clippers". If things go well there'll never be another Clippers game, and if they don't it's likely to be a prolonged travesty and an ugly blight on the culture of the NBA. I think we're all ready for something new.

ice_c
07-14-2014, 01:13 AM
I used to have an enormous amount of respect for CP3. But his flopping is beyond embarrassing.

In addition to that, he plays a ball dominant style of basketball which I find repugnant. Watching the spurs dismantle the heat was a thing of beauty. And Paul is the antitheis of spurs style basketball.

ink
07-14-2014, 01:12 PM

Yes... now that the players need support more than ever, let's neglect them all because of an owner nobody likes to begin with.

There won't be any stigma as soon as the team is sold. The players and team will have nothing to do with him.

ink
07-14-2014, 01:13 PM

Not really. When he's gone this will be forgotten.

goingfor28
07-14-2014, 01:24 PM

Right. Bc clipper fans root for the team bc of DTS. Dumb comment from a flaker fan

Pablonovi
07-14-2014, 02:00 PM
I'd guess that well over 90% of Lakers fans (me included, for sure) would wish to DIS-associate themselves with Sssmush's TRASHING of anything and everything "Clippers" (just because of the fact that their owner's an a-hole).

We are regularly told, right before the USGov attacks a foreign country: "We have nothing against the people of that country, just against their dictatorial leader". Most all Lakers fans have nothing against the Clippers (except when they stomp on us!), just against their dick-headed leader!