PDA

View Full Version : Rockets offer Chris Bosh 4 year, 96 million

Pages : [1] 2

aman_13
07-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Chris Broussard ✔ @Chris_Broussard
Follow
Sources: Rockets offer Bosh max deal of 4 yrs, $96 million. After weekend convo with LeBron and low offer from Heat, Bosh considering offer
2:03 PM - 7 Jul 2014

ManRam
07-07-2014, 02:36 PM
As I said in the other Bosh thread: Almost $25 million a year. He's from Texas. Howard + Bosh would be disgustingly good.

Do it, Chris. DO IT!

Big Zo
07-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Sources.

kobebabe
07-07-2014, 02:37 PM
I doubt he turns that down! Heck I wouldn't either

Dark Donnie
07-07-2014, 02:37 PM
I love the "and conversations with Lebron"...just adds more drama to it.

Blitzace137
07-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Bosh would be out of his mind to turn that down.

aman_13
07-07-2014, 02:40 PM
As I said in the other Bosh thread: Almost $25 million a year. He's from Texas. Howard + Bosh would be disgustingly good.

Do it, Chris. DO IT!

They are really good friends too, it's the perfect situation for Bosh if he decides to leave.

*Superman*
07-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Anyone not named Broussard saying this?

*Superman*
07-07-2014, 02:41 PM

Do it, Chris. DO IT!

Great deal for Bosh and fit for the Rockets. It's quite an overpay for him though.

Burkey3472
07-07-2014, 02:42 PM
So if Bosh takes that and Melo signs with the Lakers/Knicks within the next couple of days there is really no way Lebron can go back to Miami, right? Is he really going to go back to Miami with Wade and a bunch of average to below average players?

Pierzynski4Prez
07-07-2014, 02:42 PM
How can you offer a player a max deal when you basically have no cap room? That entire deal is contingent upon moving Lin to a team with 15 mil in cap space that doesn't have to send back any salary. I doubt Riley wants to waste any cap space on Lin in a S & T.

ManRam
07-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Anyone not named Broussard saying this?

Woj: "Houston has emerged as Bosh's top choice, should he leave the Heat".

He said they're inching closer to a 4 year $80M offer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--chris-bosh-speaks-with-rockets-183745127.html

Minimal
07-07-2014, 02:43 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/04/045d47d68c697f09110eb42c4048cf57a434f2327e2126de1b 071530de726a0b.jpg

Burkey3472
07-07-2014, 02:44 PM
As for the Rockets, this would be a great move. I don't believe Bosh is a max caliber player anymore but he is certainly close and would fit very well there. He makes them a legit contender (next year) which is something I can't say without him.

ManRam
How can you offer a player a max deal when you basically have no cap room? That entire deal is contingent upon moving Lin to a team with 15 mil in cap space that doesn't have to send back any salary. I doubt Riley wants to waste any cap space on Lin in a S & T.

Woj says "Houston still needs to unload Jeremy Lin to make space for a max contract offer, but has contingencies in place to get a trade done upon the commitment of a free-agent player, sources said."

Blitzace137

Wrong actually, Lin only counts as an 8 million dollar cap hit not 15. Sixers have already shown interest in Lin.

*Superman*
07-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Woj: "Houston has emerged as Bosh's top choice, should he leave the Heat".

He said they're inching closer to a 4 year $80M offer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--chris-bosh-speaks-with-rockets-183745127.html

Much more credible. Tannkkks.

omdigga
07-07-2014, 02:52 PM
I thought Bosh was a better fit for Houston than Melo... I hope he takes the offer..

TylerSL
07-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Bosh is not leaving Miami. He has already stated he will take a pay cut to keep the team together, and even if Lebron left (he is NOT going to) Miami would just offer him more money. I get that because none of the Big 3 nor Miami has said anything at all since Free Agency began and that has spurred speculation which only gets worse as Free Agency continues, but Bosh has always wanted to stay in Miami.

utl768
07-07-2014, 02:56 PM
bosh isnt getting more then 11-15 million a year from the heat so he is literally gonna have to leave 40 million on the table to stay in miami

Burkey3472
07-07-2014, 02:57 PM
It's not going to be hard to unload Lin's contract. He certainly isn't worth the money he will receive but he is a cash cow with the Asian market. Plus, its only for one year.

NYKnickFanatic
07-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Do it Bosh, do it!

http://media.giphy.com/media/jxqSgd1TtHu4U/giphy.gif

RaiderLakersA's
07-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Take the money, Chris!!!

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 03:01 PM
It's not the full 4 years, $96 million that Broussard is stating, but it's the max amount a team other than Miami could offer as I understand it:

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen 31m
Would def. offer max but Bosh's is smaller than that RT @Whata_Berger: @Jonathan_Feigen any truth to this 4 yr, $96M offer from HOU to Bosh?

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen 28m
I believe 4 yrs, $85 mil. Same as LeBron RT @nath_on_fire: @Jonathan_Feigen What would the maximum offer the Rockets are allowed to make be?

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen 26m
Key number to fit max contract would be 1st year, which for Bosh would be $20.7 mil. Melo's is larger. Why Rox could not quite get there.
I really, really hope Bosh takes the offer. He's a perfect fit in Houston, and he would be beloved here.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Woj says "Houston still needs to unload Jeremy Lin to make space for a max contract offer, but has contingencies in place to get a trade done upon the commitment of a free-agent player, sources said."

Houston has made it known though they plan to go after top FA's in free agency. You would think they would've moved Lin already if they could've, similar to Asik. Asik had value though, which made it easier to do. I don't think Lin holds much value around the league anymore, and can't really see teams lining up to give HOU the cap space they need. Especially when any 1st round picks of theirs will likely be 25+.

Guess I'll just believe it can happen when I see it.

Wrong actually, Lin only counts as an 8 million dollar cap hit not 15. Sixers have already shown interest in Lin.

It still doesn't give them the room to offer Bosh a max. Big difference between showing interest (i.e. asking what else HOU would include asset wise) and accepting a deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-07-2014, 03:05 PM
holy ****

Pat Riley is ****ed lol

Method28
07-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Talent needs to go to the East. All these players that come West don't know what they're in for.

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Houston has made it known though they plan to go after top FA's in free agency. You would think they would've moved Lin already if they could've, similar to Asik. Asik had value though, which made it easier to do. I don't think Lin holds much value around the league anymore, and can't really see teams lining up to give HOU the cap space they need. Especially when any 1st round picks of theirs will likely be 25+.
You're forgetting that Houston just acquired a pretty solid asset in New Orleans' pick next year, which has to fall from 4-19. That's almost certainly going to be a lottery pick and should be enough to convince a team with cap room to take one bad year of Lin's contract.

It still doesn't give them the room to offer Bosh a max. Big difference between showing interest (i.e. asking what else HOU would include asset wise) and accepting a deal.
If it's only $20.7 million in the first year as Feigen is reporting, I think Houston can make that work. They might have to deal Motiejunas and/or Jones, but they can make it work.

ManRam
07-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Bosh is not leaving Miami. He has already stated he will take a pay cut to keep the team together, and even if Lebron left (he is NOT going to) Miami would just offer him more money. I get that because none of the Big 3 nor Miami has said anything at all since Free Agency began and that has spurred speculation which only gets worse as Free Agency continues, but Bosh has always wanted to stay in Miami.

I think we've seen time and time again across all sports that there's no reason to be that confident about Bosh, even "knowing" everything you've said. Players spurn teams they appear to be perfectly comfortable with all the time. I still think he stays, but to suggest it's 100% guaranteed is just pure delusion.

Big Zo
07-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Why the sudden love for Bosh? I thought he was nothing but a gay ostrich/dinosaur that's starting to decline, according to most of you?

HYFR
07-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Bosh is key here. If he bolts first, then anything/ everything can happen! Do it cb!

Dade County
07-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Smh... have fun posters.

sep11ie
07-07-2014, 03:18 PM

Holy hell, for the billionth time, 8.3 million.

TheNumber37
07-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Bosh has to realize that this is the best offer he's gonna get for his career.

His prospects of winning with Howard and Harden over the next 4 years is greater than it is with Miami with James and aging Wade... minus Battier, Minus Ray Allen

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Smh... have fun posters.

Are you suggesting that it's ridiculous that Bosh could pick Houston?

raiderfaninTX
07-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Jesus what's he waiting on still a contender and almost max money

FlashBolt
07-07-2014, 03:23 PM
What. The. Hell? This is an amazing deal for Bosh and he should take it in a heartbeat. Don't think Miami wins with the same trio and Bosh can finally shut some people up - including me. Houston really wants to win, gotta love them. If I were playing for that team, I would be excited with how they are willing to spend.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 03:24 PM
He should take it and run. Not getting better than this anywhere and Houston is a great fit for him!

jerellh528
07-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Dayum, he makes the rockets contenders.

Howard
Bosh
Parsons
Harden
Beverly

ink
07-07-2014, 03:25 PM

Do it, Chris. DO IT!

Yes he is and yes they would be. Very good fit. Take it!

JLynn943
07-07-2014, 03:27 PM
If LeBron moves on from Miami, Bosh is set to get paid the max and join a contender? Good for Bosh.

ManRam
07-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Dayum, he makes the rockets contenders.

Howard
Bosh
Parsons
Harden
Beverly

Such a fun starting 5. A defensive wing off the bench would be a nice add, but that's the only weakness I see. The Howard/Bosh defensive front court would help make up for some of that.

ink
07-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Why the sudden love for Bosh? I thought he was nothing but a gay ostrich/dinosaur that's starting to decline, according to most of you?

Bosh gets respect from respectable posters. He's a good player. Not sure if max contract good, but he will be a very good fit in a lineup with Harden and Howard. And being able to play at home? Couldn't be better. I'd be happy for him.

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Bosh needs to take the deal so that Parsons can make his way to Dallas!!

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Bosh has to realize that this is the best offer he's gonna get for his career.

His prospects of winning with Howard and Harden over the next 4 years is greater than it is with Miami with James and aging Wade... minus Battier, Minus Ray Allen

If need be, Miami can top this offer by offering him a true max deal. We have his bird rights, and as seen from the McRoberts deal we are operating as a capped team.

If we need to give Bosh a max deal to keep him, we will do just that.

Now if LeBron does leave, he will most likely leave, but he will not leave Miami for money, I can promise anyone that.

ManRam
07-07-2014, 03:34 PM

Never understood why people dislike his personality. He doesn't take himself seriously, he's got a good sense of humor but he always flips the switch. As a player he certainly is just about as polarizing as it gets. But he's made a ton of sacrifices for that Heat team and people who don't realize that and only see basic counting stats might not grasp his worth.

NYKnickFanatic
07-07-2014, 03:35 PM

I mean, I think he is definitely still that, but I don't know about the declining part. I, myself, have never said that, at least.

scissors
07-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Bosh needs to take the deal so that Parsons can make his way to Dallas!!

Bosh taking the deal does not put Parsons in DAL. HOU has bird rights plus he's restricted. HOU will resign him no matter what. As a Mavericks fan you should not want Bosh in HOU.

ink
07-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Never understood why people dislike his personality. He doesn't take himself seriously, he's got a good sense of humor but he always flips the switch. As a player he certainly is just about as polarizing as it gets. But he's made a ton of sacrifices for that Heat team and people who don't realize that and only see basic counting stats might not grasp his worth.

He's solid. He screwed over the raptors but that's about all and that's past. Otherwise he's a very fine player and has proven he will sacrifice for the team. That would be one hell of an athletic front court.

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard 7m
Max offer from Houston to Bosh is 4 years, $88 million

smith&wesson
07-07-2014, 03:37 PM
amazing situation for bosh.

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Bosh
Howard

thats an amazing starting 5, fit wise, chemistry wise etc. is there a better situation than that for bosh ? i dont think so. I think the rockets will be amazing if bosh accepts. great move for both sides.

still1ballin
07-07-2014, 03:38 PM
:dance:

smith&wesson
07-07-2014, 03:39 PM
He's solid. He screwed over the raptors but that's about all and that's past. Otherwise he's a very fine player and has proven he will sacrifice for the team. That would be one hell of an athletic front court.

it would be a great fit imo. every aposing team would have to double team howard or bosh leaving one or the other open. Bosh is so unselfish, he will get howard plenty of great open looks on the block. Parsons if he returns would be the perfect glue type player who can also stretch the floor. I just think it would be a great fit for Bosh and the Rockets.

jerellh528
07-07-2014, 03:39 PM

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Bosh
Howard

thats an amazing starting 5, fit wise, chemistry wise etc. is there a better situation than that for bosh ? i dont think so. I think the rockets will be amazing if bosh accepts. great move for both sides.

I would say that makes them paper favorites for sure, I honestly don't see a better situation for bosh.

NYKnickFanatic
07-07-2014, 03:41 PM

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Bosh
Howard

Money to the side, I honestly don't know how Bosh could pass up on playing for the Rockets. And plus he is from Texas, Dallas I believe, so he would only be a few hours away from home.

ManRam
07-07-2014, 03:42 PM

Should have clarified: "never understood why non-Raps fans dislike him"

jerellh528
07-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Should have clarified: "never understood why non-Raps fans dislike him"

I don't see how someone can not like bosh, he seems like a fun loving dude. The only thing I can think of is raps fans. And a few heat fans since he can be soft and inconsistent at times. But he's still more than serviceable and about the 3rd pf I would choose next to howard besides love and Aldridge.

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Bosh taking the deal does not put Parsons in DAL. HOU has bird rights plus he's restricted. HOU will resign him no matter what. As a Mavericks fan you should not want Bosh in HOU.
We shall see about Parsons. I've been saying all along that since he's a restricted free agent any team that wants Parsons has to over pay to get him. They have his Bird rights but in order to keep him they are going to have to offer him at least $15 mil a year. That's what he's likely going to be offered from Dallas. Could Houston match that? Sure they could, but I just don't see it happening. Bosh/max, Howard/max, Harden (not really sure what he makes but is an *** load), and then going to pay Parsons $15+mil a year? Even if they did agree to pay Parsons that much they will have absolutely NO BENCH!

And as for Bosh, he doesn't scare anyone no matter what team he's on. Either way I see it as win/win for Dallas. They either match the deal for Parsons and have no bench or they decide not to match and he ends up in Dallas.

thomass
07-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Well it doesn't make much sense to trade bosh for parsons.

scissors
07-07-2014, 03:54 PM
We shall see about Parsons. I've been saying all along that since he's a restricted free agent any team that wants Parsons has to over pay to get him. They have his Bird rights but in order to keep him they are going to have to offer him at least $15 mil a year. That's what he's likely going to be offered from Dallas. Could Houston match that? Sure they could, but I just don't see it happening. Bosh/max, Howard/max, Harden (not really sure what he makes but is an *** load), and then going to pay Parsons $15+mil a year? Even if they did agree to pay Parsons that much they will have absolutely NO BENCH!

And as for Bosh, he doesn't scare anyone no matter what team he's on. Either way I see it as win/win for Dallas. They either match the deal for Parsons and have no bench or they decide not to match and he ends up in Dallas.

I see what you are saying about it being hard for them to fill out that roster. I'm not "scared" as a Dallas fan. I just would rather HOU not get Bosh.

On the other hand. As a Dallas fan, I would much prefer Stephenson at 12 per year than Parsons at 15. That Parsons contract will be dreaded for years to come.

Dade County
07-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Are you suggesting that it's ridiculous that Bosh could pick Houston?

Houston would be an amazing fit for Bosh, if he wasn't committed to the HEAT.

If Bosh came out himself and said anything or token an interview with Houston, I would be on board with all this madness.

But until then, Bosh is Morey wet dream for the past 4yrs.

I think if Bosh doesn't come back to the HEAT, his top choice should be to play next to Howard.

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 04:11 PM
I see what you are saying about it being hard for them to fill out that roster. I'm not "scared" as a Dallas fan. I just would rather HOU not get Bosh.

On the other hand. As a Dallas fan, I would much prefer Stephenson at 12 per year than Parsons at 15. That Parsons contract will be dreaded for years to come.
I like Stephenson's game but he's a total head case. I don't think its any coincidence that the Mavs have not made any contact with his agent. They don't want any part of him in their locker room.

As for Parsons making $15 mil a year, he's young enough that a contract like that wouldn't be a bad deal for Dallas. Besides he would thrive in Dallas' system! He would easily be an all-star in Dallas. In Houston he'll never see the ball if they add Bosh.

mike_noodles
07-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Bosh can't take $10m less to play with the Heat can he? I could see him taking a few mill less, but I'm thinking they gotta be in the $19m range to keep his services. Between him and Lebron, that would be $45m. Crazy. I think Bosh is leaving for Houston.

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Houston would be an amazing fit for Bosh, if he wasn't committed to the HEAT.

If Bosh came out himself and said anything or token an interview with Houston, I would be on board with all this madness.

But until then, Bosh is Morey wet dream for the past 4yrs.

I think if Bosh doesn't come back to the HEAT, his top choice should be to play next to Howard.

You're making it sound like a foregone conclusion. But if that were the case all three guys would have re-signed already and you wouldn't have Bosh and Lebron meeting with other teams. I assure you it's not a foregone conclusion and things are very much up in the air right now.

scissors
07-07-2014, 04:25 PM
You're making it sound like a foregone conclusion. But if that were the case all three guys would have re-signed already and you wouldn't have Bosh and Lebron meeting with other teams. I assure you it's not a foregone conclusion and things are very much up in the air right now.

Not if they are trying to add another piece. They need to know to what level they would need to sacrifice salary. Do they need to make enough room for Melo or Okafor? Their deals look different depending. By the way - the HEAT would be pretty scary with Okafor. He's the most underrated FA out there.

The Bandit
07-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Would be a much better fit in Houston right now then he is in Miami, with that said, the Big 3's future lays in what happens with Bosh and LeBron.

the brave eagle
07-07-2014, 04:35 PM
if i'm bosh i accept that in a minute, i strongly believe howard/harden is better than james/wade then you add 10 million a year to it? it should be a no brainer

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 04:37 PM
No one can sign until the 9th

RaiderLakersA's
07-07-2014, 04:39 PM
If Bosh doesn't accept this deal, then he's definitely going back to MIA. I just don't see a chance to realistically link up with a more competitive team (on paper anyway) at that salary or better.

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Not if they are trying to add another piece. They need to know to what level they would need to sacrifice salary. Do they need to make enough room for Melo or Okafor? Their deals look different depending. By the way - the HEAT would be pretty scary with Okafor. He's the most underrated FA out there.

If Melo had interest in taking a massive pay cut to play with those guys in Miami, then he would have set up a meeting in Miami. He didn't. And Okafor is not nearly the impact player you're making him out to be. He hasn't played in an NBA game in over a year and his last season in the league he was essentially an inefficient, average center at best.

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Miami's big three could have agreed to deals to re-sign by now regardless. Players agree to contracts before they can actually sign on the dotted line all the time.

Quinnsanity
07-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Random question: can someone explain to me why some Heat fans feel the need to capitalize the whole word and say HEAT instead of Heat? It just looks so tacky.

ink
07-07-2014, 04:47 PM
If Bosh doesn't accept this deal, then he's definitely going back to MIA. I just don't see a chance to realistically link up with a more competitive team (on paper anyway) at that salary or better.

Opportunity of a lifetime IMO.

I don't think anyone has posted about how long he has wanted to play his position beside a solid, proven C.

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 04:49 PM
I like Stephenson's game but he's a total head case. I don't think its any coincidence that the Mavs have not made any contact with his agent. They don't want any part of him in their locker room.

As for Parsons making $15 mil a year, he's young enough that a contract like that wouldn't be a bad deal for Dallas. Besides he would thrive in Dallas' system! He would easily be an all-star in Dallas. In Houston he'll never see the ball if they add Bosh.
Scratch that, the Mavs have made contact with Stephenson's agent this past weekend and are looking to sign him.

Big Zo
07-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Random question: can someone explain to me why some Heat fans feel the need to capitalize the whole word and say HEAT instead of Heat? It just looks so tacky.

Because it bothers people. I personally don't do it, but you're like the 83776986524 person to bring it up, so it's working.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 04:52 PM

The BULLS and SPURS...Haha;)jk Yeah, it is strange...insecurity---overcompensation?? Maybe, dunno. I don't see a lot of other fans doing that...

chitown85
07-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Scratch that, the Mavs have made contact with Stephenson's agent this past weekend and are looking to sign him.

Due diligence. As they should. Cuban is a G.

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2014, 04:55 PM

Don't worry, in a month's time we could be seeing CAVS all over PSD. Yes, I did just make a bandwagon joke.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Don't worry, in a month's time we could be seeing CAVS all over PSD. Yes, I did just make a bandwagon joke.

Haha, all joking aside you could be right...

scissors
07-07-2014, 04:59 PM
If Melo had interest in taking a massive pay cut to play with those guys in Miami, then he would have set up a meeting in Miami. He didn't. And Okafor is not nearly the impact player you're making him out to be. He hasn't played in an NBA game in over a year and his last season in the league he was essentially an inefficient, average center at best.

You're missing the point. I'm just saying the big 3 won't agree to deals until they know who the HEAT might add. I know Melo isn't going there, and we can have differing opinions on Okafor. My point was the HEAT not agreeing to deals with Miami yet does not mean they don't plan to go back. They just can't figure out the details of their paycuts until they know who the team would add.

kantarok
07-07-2014, 05:01 PM
The real problem with Miami is Dwayne Wade. If he hadn't dropped from a top 5 player to top 30 player in 4 years this wouldn't be a problem. If Heat get Dwayne Wade to take less Miami could keep their big three, if not Bosh should wait out Lebron's decision and if Lebron leaves it is obvious the Rockets become a top 3 team in the league but if the Rockets are not a top 3 team in the league they would quickly ship Bosh too. So Bosh does have to be careful

thomass
07-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Wade is not a top 30 player

bucketss
07-07-2014, 05:03 PM
he would be an idiot not to accept.

scissors
07-07-2014, 05:04 PM
The real problem with Miami is Dwayne Wade. If he hadn't dropped from a top 5 player to top 30 player in 4 years this wouldn't be a problem. If Heat get Dwayne Wade to take less Miami could keep their big three, if not Bosh should wait out Lebron's decision and if Lebron leaves it is obvious the Rockets become a top 3 team in the league but if the Rockets are not a top 3 team in the league they would quickly ship Bosh too. So Bosh does have to be careful

Anybody big time who signs with Morey should demand a no-trade clause

chitown85
07-07-2014, 05:04 PM
You're missing the point. I'm just saying the big 3 won't agree to deals until they know who the HEAT might add. I know Melo isn't going there, and we can have differing opinions on Okafor. My point was the HEAT not agreeing to deals with Miami yet does not mean they don't plan to go back. They just can't figure out the details of their paycuts until they know who the team would add.

Put down the pipe...THE HEAT just signed MCBOB and GRANGER.THE HEAT are ready to CONTEND! DEFINITELY BLATANTLY OBVIOUS THEY RESIGN!! SHABAZZ TOO???? READY TO DOMINATE THE WEST!!

chitown85
07-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Well VERBAL AGREEMENTS ANYWAY! GRANGER and MCBOB are ASSASSINS!!!

Aust
07-07-2014, 05:07 PM
The rest of the NBA should make Houston pay up to unload Lin. They have no leverage.

Aust
07-07-2014, 05:08 PM

Seriously, the entire forum needs to keep track of this. Get a list going lol

scissors
07-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Put down the pipe...THE HEAT just signed MCBOB and GRANGER.THE HEAT are ready to CONTEND! DEFINITELY BLATANTLY OBVIOUS THEY RESIGN!! SHABAZZ TOO???? READY TO DOMINATE THE WEST!!

Wow. People on this site can't understand context. I'm not a HEAT fan. I think it is looking less and less likely the big 3 stay together. I was just merely pointing out that his argument of "if the big 3 were staying they would have already resigned" is invalid.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 05:09 PM
The rest of the NBA should make Houston pay up to unload Lin. They have no leverage.

Agreed. How I feel about teams taking on Amare's garbage contract too (Sixer's...).

Aust
07-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Agreed. How I feel about teams taking on Amare's garbage contract too (Sixer's...).

Yep, same for NY

VendettaRed07
07-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Quick, houston! Make posters of Bosh wearing Jeremy Lin's number!

archdevil84
07-07-2014, 05:12 PM
my goodness, i mean, maybe 18 mil for bosh is good but 24 mil a year!!!! damn thats ALOT for bosh

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 05:12 PM

If you're a cellar dweller team with no delusions of grandeur and well short of the salary cap, you would gladly take on Lin's final year of his contract to get a future first rounder as well. You'd have no reason not to. So what if it makes Houston better and helps them add another star? It makes you better as well, and you're not going to contend for several years anyway.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Wow. People on this site can't understand context. I'm not a HEAT fan. I think it is looking less and less likely the big 3 stay together. I was just merely pointing out that his argument of "if the big 3 were staying they would have already resigned" is invalid.

Then why CAPITALIZE THE HEAT? JUST to ANTAGONIZE/INSTIGATE? I find it funny personally and am having fun with the CAPS...;) Any logical/informed person knows agreements can only be verbal at this point...bosh is silly to not take this opportunity IMO.

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 05:13 PM
He wouldn't be getting $24 million a year. He'd be getting $22 million a year. That's still probably an overpay, but sometimes you have to pay more to get the pieces you want.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 05:15 PM
He wouldn't be getting $24 million a year. He'd be getting $22 million a year. That's still probably an overpay, but sometimes you have to pay more to get the pieces you want.

Yes.

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2014, 05:15 PM
I'd take Lin, if he came with Jones. Can Houston keep both Bosh and Parsons?

scissors
07-07-2014, 05:18 PM
I'd take Lin, if he came with Jones. Can Houston keep both Bosh and Parsons?

Within the rules, yes. I don't know if they are the type to cross the tax line though.

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Bosh would be fool to turn that down. He's from Texas, no state income tax, a serious contender when put with Harden and Howard. I don't know how Houston does it.....signs mediocre players to albatross contracts and they still find takers to unload them to. I guess that's the sign of a solid FO. They should make a three team league and just have Miami, Houston and Dallas play because most of these players are going there because the money is too good to pass up.

Dade County
07-07-2014, 05:23 PM

Bosh & Lbj aren't meeting others teams, unless I am missing something. Did Bosh or Lbj get on a plane? Is there a meeting scheduled for any of them?

And I am not in their inner circle, we don't no what Pat & them had planned out, when all decided to opt out..

SILVER SEAVER
Is something not adding up or is just me if Houston is able to have a team of Howard, Harden and Bosh and still retain Parsons?

chitown85
Bosh would be fool to turn that down. He's from Texas, no state income tax, a serious contender when put with Harden and Howard. I don't know how Houston does it.....signs mediocre players to albatross contracts and they still find takers to unload them to. I guess that's the sign of a solid FO. They should make a three team league and just have Miami, Houston and Dallas play because most of these players are going there because the money is too good to pass up.

Haha, you lost me at the end there brother! But, up until the 3 team league...Haha, 100% agree:)

Aust
If you're a cellar dweller team with no delusions of grandeur and well short of the salary cap, you would gladly take on Lin's final year of his contract to get a future first rounder as well. You'd have no reason not to. So what if it makes Houston better and helps them add another star? It makes you better as well, and you're not going to contend for several years anyway.

A 1st rounder in the 20's, oh boy! Instead of taking your **** I would rather offer money to some of the younger FA who still haven't hit their ceiling yet to try and put together a young core. The bias in your post man, at least try to think objectively.

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Bosh & Lbj aren't meeting others teams, unless I am missing something. Did Bosh or Lbj get on a plane? Is there a meeting scheduled for any of them?

And I am not in their inner circle, we don't no what Pat & them had planned out, when all decided to opt out..

Word is it's just the agents doing the talking with the teams.

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 05:25 PM

Houston wouldn't have to cross the luxury tax line to just re-sign Parsons. Assuming the salary cap is $63 million and the luxury tax line is $77 million, Houston could feasibly sign Bosh to a max and still add Parsons at $10-12 million a year without going over the luxury tax line. Once they filled in the rest of the roster, though, they'd probably cross it slightly. And they'd certainly cross it the next few years.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Yes, just because Melo is the only player cross country touring, doesn't mean he is the only one considering a move/letting his agents get on the phone. I will be highly surprised if Bosh stays in Miami at this point... Houston makes too much sense and can pay way more.

scissors
07-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Is something not adding up or is just me if Houston is able to have a team of Howard, Harden and Bosh and still retain Parsons?

Its because Parons' cap hold is only like 2.5 million but Rockets have bird rights and he's an RFA

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Anyone else think Bosh and company are making teams keep a max slot open, for them to just re-sign with the heat, leaving those teams like Houston out in the cold? Seems smart, as you're not allowing teams to get better, but a punk move either way.

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Haha, you lost me at the end there brother! But, up until the 3 team league...Haha, 100% agree:)

I was being overly sarcastic. Cities like LA, Chicago and New York have the money to sign players but in the end the thing that scares a lot of players away are the tax implications. Every report you see just about that has a player rumored of signing somewhere it's Houston, Dallas or Miami. Chicago is mentioned because of the possibilities if you added a superstar to that roster with that coach but in the end it's all about the money. If Chicago seriously offered Melo 15-16 million a year, they couldn't possibly have been in serious play for him. Noah and Thibs tried recruiting and Melo looked at best fits but should any of us believe these guys are mainly thinking of better situations on the floor or dollars?

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Houston wouldn't have to cross the luxury tax line to just re-sign Parsons. Assuming the salary cap is $63 million and the luxury tax line is $77 million, Houston could feasibly sign Bosh to a max and still add Parsons at $10-12 million a year without going over the luxury tax line. Once they filled in the rest of the roster, though, they'd probably cross it slightly. And they'd certainly cross it the next few years.

Then I can't see why it's so difficult for Chicago to do what Houston is doing right now.

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Anyone else think Bosh and company are making teams keep a max slot open, for them to just re-sign with the heat, leaving those teams like Houston out in the cold? Seems smart, as you're not allowing teams to get better, but a punk move either way.

You make a good point. With Riley and those three working together what you said might very well be true. Give other teams false hope by acting like "Well if they leave they leave. I'm not putting my rings down on the table for them to see, they have their own now." A lot of teams are going to be left with their ding dongs blowing in the wind this summer. Get ready for Summer of 2010 2.0

chitown85
07-07-2014, 05:41 PM
I was being overly sarcastic. Cities like LA, Chicago and New York have the money to sign players but in the end the thing that scares a lot of players away are the tax implications. Every report you see just about that has a player rumored of signing somewhere it's Houston, Dallas or Miami. Chicago is mentioned because of the possibilities if you added a superstar to that roster with that coach but in the end it's all about the money. If Chicago seriously offered Melo 15-16 million a year, they couldn't possibly have been in serious play for him. Noah and Thibs tried recruiting and Melo looked at best fits but should any of us believe these guys are mainly thinking of better situations on the floor or dollars?

Figured. Yes...I have a lot of experience with the crap taxes of two of those three states. This is why I 72% believe (arbitrary) teams should have a relative salary cap--one that is contingent upon such things as taxes (among other things)--without such a fluid/dynamic structure the whole point of having a cap in the first place kind of falls flat IMO. However, I do understand this is one of the hurdles that impedes all big market teams from signing big name players...so it does have a balancing effect (albeit an unintentional one).

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Then I can't see why it's so difficult for Chicago to do what Houston is doing right now.

I'm not really sure what you're suggesting, but what I think you're suggesting is why can't Chicago go over the salary cap line to sign Melo. The reason is that they don't own Melo's Bird rights. Teams gain a player's Bird rights by either having that player on their roster at least three years or by acquiring a player on at least a 3-year contract through a trade. Melo is an UFA, so only New York possesses his Bird rights. Houston, on the other hand, could make room for a max contract for Bosh without going over the salary cap. Then they could use Parsons' Bird rights to re-sign him.

I hope that clears things up. Let me know if it doesn't or if you were referring to something else.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Mightybosstone--Sugarland still a nice area or did it fall off after Katrina ? Hearing mixed things about it.

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Mightybosstone--Sugarland still a nice area or did it fall off after Katrina ? Hearing mixed things about it.

Sugar Land is really, really nice. But there are a lot of really nice areas of Houston where professional athletes live. The Woodlands is really popular and there are a lot of other nice master planned communities around the city. You hear a lot of professional athletes rave about the city because the cost of living is relatively cheap, the economy is so great and there are a lot of other perks.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Sugar Land is really, really nice. But there are a lot of really nice areas of Houston where professional athletes live. The Woodlands is really popular and there are a lot of other nice master planned communities around the city. You hear a lot of professional athletes rave about the city because the cost of living is relatively cheap, the economy is so great and there are a lot of other perks.

Thanks!:) Yes, have friends in the Woodlands, it is a really nice area! I haven't been through Sugar Land since Katrina; actually only went to Houston a few times after moving to ATX (lived on Sixth, plenty to do in Austin). One of our friends is considering a job in Houston/a house out there. Will let her know!:)

chitown85
07-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Back on topic, great news for Houston fans and for Bosh. Really can't see him staying in Miami at this point.

Quinnsanity
07-07-2014, 06:05 PM
It would be a tight squeeze, but yes, Houston could fit a Bosh/Parsons roster under the luxury tax. Assuming they get both and pay Parsons the presumed $12 million price, they'd have $75 million committed to eight players: Howard, Harden, Bosh, Parsons, Beverley, Jones, Motiejunas, Canaan. That means they'd need to fill four slots with minimum salary signings, but as they already have three stars, another above average starter and two quality starting-caliber players, depth isn't as much an issue for them as it was for, say, Miami in 2010. However, if they could convince Parsons to take even $500,000 less on the first year, they could exercise their team option on Omri Casspi and stay below the line, and considering the caliber of player you get for the minimum, I think that's something they'd prefer. So yes, they could stay under the line with Parsons and Bosh in 2014-15. 2015-16? Not a goddamn chance.

Asik's better
07-07-2014, 06:09 PM
I'm putting it at a 5% chance rockets get Bosh. Don't see it happening.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm putting it at a 5% chance rockets get Bosh. Don't see it happening.

I feel that way about Melo coming to Chicago (and I am probly right), but chances are way higher in this situation. Its more money, his home state, better situation for Bosh as a player, and he is being aggressively pursued (which must me doing wonders for the guys ego; someone who is standing in Brons shadow). Don't see why the odds aren't highly in your favor to land him...70/30 if you ask me.

Jenceman
07-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Damn. I doubt Bosh is worth that much but it seems a solid fit

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

DR_1
07-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Haha, now Miami fans are making fun of Broussard. The irony :laugh2:

chitown85
07-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Damn. I doubt Bosh is worth that much but it seems a solid fit

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Sometimes, you have to overpay to make things happen; especially in FA (any sport). Besides, if offering this much not only steals Bosh away from Miami but also puts them in the conversation to win it all? Worth every penny. He is a much better fit in Houston anyway IMO.

Crackadalic
07-07-2014, 06:32 PM
I just posted how much better the heat would be with the moves they made if the big 3 comes back but after seeing this idk how Bosh turns this down.

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 06:45 PM
It would be a tight squeeze, but yes, Houston could fit a Bosh/Parsons roster under the luxury tax. Assuming they get both and pay Parsons the presumed $12 million price, they'd have $75 million committed to eight players: Howard, Harden, Bosh, Parsons, Beverley, Jones, Motiejunas, Canaan. That means they'd need to fill four slots with minimum salary signings, but as they already have three stars, another above average starter and two quality starting-caliber players, depth isn't as much an issue for them as it was for, say, Miami in 2010. However, if they could convince Parsons to take even $500,000 less on the first year, they could exercise their team option on Omri Casspi and stay below the line, and considering the caliber of player you get for the minimum, I think that's something they'd prefer. So yes, they could stay under the line with Parsons and Bosh in 2014-15. 2015-16? Not a goddamn chance.
I still see someone over paying Parson and offering him about $15 mil a year. Talent wise he's about a $10 mil a year player but someone is going to offer him significantly more to pry him away from Houston (after Bosh signs).

Asik's better
07-07-2014, 06:52 PM
I feel that way about Melo coming to Chicago (and I am probly right), but chances are way higher in this situation. Its more money, his home state, better situation for Bosh as a player, and he is being aggressively pursued (which must me doing wonders for the guys ego; someone who is standing in Brons shadow). Don't see why the odds aren't highly in your favor to land him...70/30 if you ask me.
I'm not giving it a chance because the rockets have been through this before with Bosh. I just don't see how bosh leaves Miami.

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat 2h
In fact, this is the way the Bosh camp wanted it to go. With Heat not needing space, there basically is no need for Bosh to take any cut.

To sum up: The storyline of Heat asking Bosh for major cut no longer is a storyline. Plenty of room left before luxury-tax "cliff".

Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat 54m
I just don't understand the continued narrative of Heat asking Bosh to take a major pay cut. By Heat using exceptions there is no such need

Bosh going to get paid with Miami, he has no need to take any pay-cut and we can top ANY offer Houston gives Bosh if need be.

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Back on topic, great news for Houston fans and for Bosh. Really can't see him staying in Miami at this point.

LOL wth..... we can offer him anything Houston can and more money

d00d
07-07-2014, 07:03 PM
max money for a 7 foot 3 point shooter

Midnightbottle
07-07-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm not giving it a chance because the rockets have been through this before with Bosh. I just don't see how bosh leaves Miami.

Signs a contract and gets on a plane.

ink
07-07-2014, 07:14 PM
In fact, this is the way the Bosh camp wanted it to go. With Heat not needing space, there basically is no need for Bosh to take any cut.

To sum up: The storyline of Heat asking Bosh for major cut no longer is a storyline. Plenty of room left before luxury-tax "cliff".

Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat 54m
I just don't understand the continued narrative of Heat asking Bosh to take a major pay cut. By Heat using exceptions there is no such need

Bosh going to get paid with Miami, he has no need to take any pay-cut and we can top ANY offer Houston gives Bosh if need be.

I didn't think it was about the money. I thought it was about going home and the opportunity to play on a very well rounded roster.

dtmagnet
07-07-2014, 07:16 PM
That would be a beastly frontcourt.

Cal827
07-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Talent needs to go to the East. All these players that come West don't know what they're in for.

:laugh: Doesn't bother me :D

Raptors for 2015 Eastern Conference Champion :dance:

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 07:20 PM
I didn't think it was about the money. I thought it was about going home and the opportunity to play on a very well rounded roster.

Bosh is the clear cut #2 option on Miami now and I believe Spo will work on changing the offense to incorporate Bosh in the paint more to get him more touches and looks. As it stands now, CB4 never has any plays run for him, and just plays in the flow of the offense. Yes, its sad and pathetic but that's how Miami's offense is. Chris Bosh has no plays run for him.

Wade is at this point a #3 option, but probably still one of the the best 3rd options in the league. I can easily see Bosh becoming a 20 ppg scorer next season and Wade 16-17 which is how it should be.

If Bosh plays more in the post and has plays, that makes McRob the PERFECT compliment to Bosh and we have the two of the top versatile bigs in the entire NBA.

If Bosh goes to Houston, he is the third option behind Harden and Howard, and quite possibly a 4th option behind even Parsons who may get more shot attempts than Bosh, basically a very similar situation in Miami. Sure Bosh going to Houston would look great on paper, but Houston plays in the West, where nothing is guaranteed. Miami, with the Big 3 back and after some roster additions remains the clear-cut favorite in the East to win barring Melo goes to Chicago which now seems unlikely.

From a winning standpoint, Bosh goes back to Miami just due to the sheer fact Houston plays in the West.

Cal827
07-07-2014, 07:23 PM
When he was i Toronto, I dreamed that somehow we would be able to Pair Howard/Bosh

Now, I hate Howard, but it would still be by far the best situation for CB. Can go back to his best position, doesn't become the main anchor of the defense, allowing him to focus more on the offensive end, where he's an elite 4. Would get a ton of close, open jumpers, when they give the ball to Howard as the double team would come.

Houston should have focused on Bosh before even considering Carmelo lol.

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Bosh
Howard

That's a pain in the *** to defend, and minus Harden, can defend fairly well on their own too. They become a serious contender in the West with this deal I think. They just need to avoid Memphis (who I think matches up well with a team like this, mainly due to the Physical style of Z-Bo/Gasol/Allen), and they'll be fine lol

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 07:27 PM
LOL wth..... we can offer him anything Houston can and more money
Can and will are two completely different things

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Tim Reynolds @ByTimReynolds 4m
Not sure how many more times this has to be said, but as has been the case throughout, Chris Bosh still wants to be with the Heat.

ink
07-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Bosh is the clear cut #2 option on Miami now and I believe Spo will work on changing the offense to incorporate Bosh in the paint more to get him more touches and looks. As it stands now, CB4 never has any plays run for him, and just plays in the flow of the offense. Yes, its sad and pathetic but that's how Miami's offense is. Chris Bosh has no plays run for him.

Wade is at this point a #3 option, but probably still one of the the best 3rd options in the league. I can easily see Bosh becoming a 20 ppg scorer next season and Wade 16-17 which is how it should be.

If Bosh plays more in the post and has plays, that makes McRob the PERFECT compliment to Bosh and we have the two of the top versatile bigs in the entire NBA.

If Bosh goes to Houston, he is the third option behind Harden and Howard, and quite possibly a 4th option behind even Parsons who may get more shot attempts than Bosh, basically a very similar situation in Miami. Sure Bosh going to Houston would look great on paper, but Houston plays in the West, where nothing is guaranteed. Miami, with the Big 3 back and after some roster additions remains the clear-cut favorite in the East to win barring Melo goes to Chicago which now seems unlikely.

From a winning standpoint, Bosh goes back to Miami just due to the sheer fact Houston plays in the West.

I think it's less about running plays for him and more about him finally getting to play with a bonafide C. He's played out of position for so much of his career, the size disadvantage has made him look much worse than he actually is. He's too slight. With Howard he finally gets what he's often said he wants. I don't even think there's a comparison when you consider the two opportunities. I'd get on the jet home to HOU asap ...

ink
07-07-2014, 07:33 PM
When he was i Toronto, I dreamed that somehow we would be able to Pair Howard/Bosh

Now, I hate Howard, but it would still be by far the best situation for CB. Can go back to his best position, doesn't become the main anchor of the defense, allowing him to focus more on the offensive end, where he's an elite 4. Would get a ton of close, open jumpers, when they give the ball to Howard as the double team would come.

Houston should have focused on Bosh before even considering Carmelo lol.

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Bosh
Howard

That's a pain in the *** to defend, and minus Harden, can defend fairly well on their own too. They become a serious contender in the West with this deal I think. They just need to avoid Memphis (who I think matches up well with a team like this, mainly due to the Physical style of Z-Bo/Gasol/Allen), and they'll be fine lol

+1

FriedTofuz
07-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Hope bosh goes to Houston.

Muttman73
07-07-2014, 07:40 PM
That would be interesting, Miami is a sinking ship

Dade County
07-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Yes, just because Melo is the only player cross country touring, doesn't mean he is the only one considering a move/letting his agents get on the phone. I will be highly surprised if Bosh stays in Miami at this point... Houston makes too much sense and can pay way more.

It makes sense to you.

But publicly Bosh has stated something different. And I hope if or when Bosh decides to make his attentions public again, you don't bash his decision if he stays with the HEAT; because that would be crazy.

I still see that people think their way is the best way, when it comes to other people future.

I think Pat and the big 3 are plotting something.

I don't think you understand.... Players like Melo & Bosh are not going to go to Houston and what to be 2nd fiddle to Harden (younger player, not apart of their draft class & inner circle).

Bosh only accepts the role he plays because he was in the same draft class as Wade & Lbj (Melo would almost do the same...but more scoring).

And how do you know that Miami/Pat didn't feed Bosh's ego too, and of course you know that Miami can pay him more, but Bosh said that for the HEAT he is more then happy to take a little less.

But we will see in a couple of days.

thomass
07-07-2014, 07:43 PM
That would be interesting, Miami is a sinking ship

Not a heat fan, but if bosh goes to the rockets, then melo could end up in Miami. Maybe lebron is telling bosh to take the deal.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Tim Reynolds @ByTimReynolds 4m
Not sure how many more times this has to be said, but as has been the case throughout, Chris Bosh still wants to be with the Heat.

Well, if Tim Reynolds said it close this thread! Tim Reynolds knows all...

Jamiecballer
07-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Perfect scenario for Chris. I hope he takes it after making all the sacrifices for 4 years.

LA_Raiders
07-07-2014, 07:49 PM
He would be dumb if doesn't sign with Houston.

Aust
07-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Is Harden really as bad at D as everyone says he is?

Dade County
07-07-2014, 07:54 PM
I would seriously would like to know, if any of you posters will bash Bosh if he stays with the HEAT?

chitown85
07-07-2014, 07:57 PM
I would seriously would like to know, if any of you posters will bash Bosh if he stays with the HEAT?

No. I will respect him actually. I think HOUSTON is a BETTER fit, and a smarter decision. But, leaving all that money on the table to stay loyal...How could I not respect that?

Hawkamania
07-07-2014, 08:00 PM

Yeah, likely Philadelphia as has been previously reported as a possibility.

Jays Claw
07-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Bosh would be insane to turn this down!

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm not really sure what you're suggesting, but what I think you're suggesting is why can't Chicago go over the salary cap line to sign Melo. The reason is that they don't own Melo's Bird rights. Teams gain a player's Bird rights by either having that player on their roster at least three years or by acquiring a player on at least a 3-year contract through a trade. Melo is an UFA, so only New York possesses his Bird rights. Houston, on the other hand, could make room for a max contract for Bosh without going over the salary cap. Then they could use Parsons' Bird rights to re-sign him.

I hope that clears things up. Let me know if it doesn't or if you were referring to something else.

It explains things but what I am trying to understand is that teams such as Houston can land a big three and add a guy like Parsons even if it's using the Bird Rights where as for the Bulls I can never see them paying what Houston is paying Howard, Harden and say Bosh at that number if he goes. I understand the Bird rights but if we still had Deng for Chicago it would still be a problem and they would've just traded him such as they did last season. If they can't bring Mirotic over next season or add anybody of significance what Houston is going to have to pay to retain Parsons is exactly what Chicago could've done with Deng. They put all their eggs in one basket for Melo and now it seems as if they're not even his second choice at this point. Not many two way players like Luol and they basically gave him away to save three million which in the grand scheme doesn't have significance if they just draft McBuckets and add some role player or two. But thanks for taking the time to explain, much appreciated.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Bosh is supposedly SERIOUSLY considering the HOUSTON offer. The HEAT are lowballing him supposedly; was willing to take 15-17 per...they want him to take even less than that (SportsCenter).

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 08:18 PM
If the Bulls signed Asik and Lin to those ridiculous contracts they would have been saddled with them for the duration of the deals and might've found someone at the trade deadline of the final years if they were lucky. Houston signed those two recklessly and now they're getting out from them and clearing enough space to create a big three of their own. Head scratcher.

bucketss
07-07-2014, 08:19 PM
big three era might be done, bosh aint having it lol he wants to get paid i guess.

Dade County
07-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Bosh is supposedly SERIOUSLY considering the HOUSTON offer. The HEAT are lowballing him supposedly; was willing to take 15-17 per...they want him to take even less than that (SportsCenter).

It's media hype, stop fallowing for it.

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 08:22 PM

If has to still be SERIOUSLY considering that offer to play with Harden and Howard then he SERIOUSLY needs to see a psychologist because I don't know what's going on there. In Houston he at least becomes the second offensive option as to in Miami where he will always be third even if Wade had one of his arms amputated. It's a good life Bosh, seize the moment because they don't come around often.

Pablonovi
07-07-2014, 08:22 PM
This is the kind of thread I just love.

First, serious stuff being discussed but about zero trolling.

Second, on this subject (the relevant CBA details and/or the Rockets) , just about everybody knows more about it than me - I get to learn some bleep and, besides, it's good for my highly inflated ego (hehe). Seems to me that Bosh is a WAY better fit with DHoward than either he is almost anyplace else or that Melo would be with DH.

Third, I just love "trading for trading's sake"!

Really, I'm getting into lots of new players on new teams (and old players on old teams?).
Does this make me "beyond repair"?

scissors
07-07-2014, 08:23 PM
It explains things but what I am trying to understand is that teams such as Houston can land a big three and add a guy like Parsons even if it's using the Bird Rights where as for the Bulls I can never see them paying what Houston is paying Howard, Harden and say Bosh at that number if he goes. I understand the Bird rights but if we still had Deng for Chicago it would still be a problem and they would've just traded him such as they did last season. If they can't bring Mirotic over next season or add anybody of significance what Houston is going to have to pay to retain Parsons is exactly what Chicago could've done with Deng. They put all their eggs in one basket for Melo and now it seems as if they're not even his second choice at this point. Not many two way players like Luol and they basically gave him away to save three million which in the grand scheme doesn't have significance if they just draft McBuckets and add some role player or two. But thanks for taking the time to explain, much appreciated.

That was really just the bulls being cheap. They could have kept Deng and he would still be a UFA and they would have room for Melo. The Bulls were trying to avoid repeat tax offender charges. It didn't save them 3 million. I think it saved them more like 12-15 million because they dropped below the tax line. I can't remember the exact numbers and I don't care to look it up. There are other things that you can't do if you are a repeat offender besides just big tax hits. But ultimately the Bulls were trying to save a couple of million bucks. They could have also matched Omer Asik 2 years ago and still have him. Again - avoiding luxury tax.

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 08:23 PM
It's media hype, stop fallowing for it.

Serious question here, no BS, how confident are you that the Heat resign both James and Bosh or even just one of them at this point? Scale of 1-10

chitown85
07-07-2014, 08:24 PM
If has to still be SERIOUSLY considering that offer to play with Harden and Howard then he SERIOUSLY needs to see a psychologist because I don't know what's going on there. In Houston he at least becomes the second offensive option as to in Miami where he will always be third even if Wade had one of his arms amputated. It's a good life Bosh, seize the moment because they don't come around often.

HEAT fans seem to like putting things in caps; so I started responding to them in caps. Yes, he will regret nor taking this offer IMO; I'd he does in fact stay in Miami like the great Tim Reynolds has said is inevitable.

Pablonovi
07-07-2014, 08:26 PM
About The HEAT(?); Can We Get A Definitive Answer (Is There One)?

I am NOT a fan of the HEAT; but I capitalize it because, of all places, I read it on PSD itself !, no less, that that is the correct way to spell it (maybe to clearly differentiate it from warmth). And, out of pure respect, I've spelled it with CAPS ever since.

IF, on the other hand, that poster was full of BS; then as soon as I stand corrected I'll stop CAPitalizing it; out of respect for all the other teams (and their fans) who don't get to CAPitalize theirs.

So there!

chitown85
That was really just the bulls being cheap. They could have kept Deng and he would still be a UFA and they would have room for Melo. The Bulls were trying to avoid repeat tax offender charges. It didn't save them 3 million. I think it saved them more like 12-15 million because they dropped below the tax line. I can't remember the exact numbers and I don't care to look it up. There are other things that you can't do if you are a repeat offender besides just big tax hits. But ultimately the Bulls were trying to save a couple of million bucks. They could have also matched Omer Asik 2 years ago and still have him. Again - avoiding luxury tax.

I didnt want to match for Asik; that was the right decision. But, didn't like seeing Deng moved tbh.

SILVER SEAVER

Which in this NBA won't get it done because not every franchise can be a San Antonio. What Miami did over the past four seasons was remarkable and cudos to Riles and those three for making it work for four successful seasons.

scissors
07-07-2014, 08:27 PM
If the Bulls signed Asik and Lin to those ridiculous contracts they would have been saddled with them for the duration of the deals and might've found someone at the trade deadline of the final years if they were lucky. Houston signed those two recklessly and now they're getting out from them and clearing enough space to create a big three of their own. Head scratcher.

Not sure what you are saying here.

First, the Bulls couldn't sign Lin, the could have only matched Asik. That would have also taken their MLE so they couldn't have gotten Lin who was a RFA for the Knicks.

Secondly, your making it seem like the Bulls would have had a nightmare situation not being able to get out form under those guys when...the Rockets easily just shipped Asik off to NO. Couldn't the Bulls have done that when the going got tough? Not sure if Asik's cap number would have been 15m instead of 8.3m if he had been retained by CHI though.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 08:30 PM
About The HEAT(?); Can We Get A Definitive Answer (Is There One)?

I am NOT a fan of the HEAT; but I capitalize it because, of all places, I read it on PSD itself !, no less, that that is the correct way to spell it (maybe to clearly differentiate it from warmth). And, out of pure respect, I've spelled it with CAPS ever since.

IF, on the other hand, that poster was full of BS; then as soon as I stand corrected I'll stop CAPitalizing it; out of respect for all the other teams (and their fans) who don't get to CAPitalize theirs.

So there!

Hahaha, nba.com, espn.com, and every other major news outlet on the planet Earth mispell it then...Look at any headlines or articles ever posted, "Heat." Just like Bulls, Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, etc. Oh, I get it...you're joking?

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 08:32 PM
I didnt want to match for Asik; that was the right decision. But, didn't like seeing Deng moved tbh.

It didn't make sense whether they kept Bynum or did what they did with him. Just seeing that name attached to a trade for Luol made me sick to my stomach. It's a matter of Jerry playing it cheap. He's probably still waking up in cold sweats for having to pay Michael over his last two seasons in Chicago. What do you think he's doing now having to pay Derrick what he's paid him over the last three seasons for 49 total games played and having to pay Boozer 16.8 to F-OFF? Time to find some more Augustin's off the street for a million bucks I guess.

Pablonovi
07-07-2014, 08:33 PM

Hey SS,
I honestly don't get why you say this when comparing options for Bosh between Miami & Houston. Wouldn't he still be the 3rd option (behind Harden & Howard) in Houston; whereas, with the apparent DWade fade, Bosh would, if interested, have serious chances of becoming the #2 option (and LeBron would tend to pass to him much better, imo, than harden or Howard could - right?)

chitown85
07-07-2014, 08:34 PM
It didn't make sense whether they kept Bynum or did what they did with him. Just seeing that name attached to a trade for Luol made me sick to my stomach. It's a matter of Jerry playing it cheap. He's probably still waking up in cold sweats for having to pay Michael over his last two seasons in Chicago. What do you think he's doing now having to pay Derrick what he's paid him over the last three seasons for 49 total games played and having to pay Boozer 16.8 to F-OFF? Time to find some more Augustin's off the street for a million bucks I guess.

Yeah. No counter arguments here; still traumatized by Rose's big pay day for sure..

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Not sure what you are saying here.

First, the Bulls couldn't sign Lin, the could have only matched Asik. That would have also taken their MLE so they couldn't have gotten Lin who was a RFA for the Knicks.

Secondly, your making it seem like the Bulls would have had a nightmare situation not being able to get out form under those guys when...the Rockets easily just shipped Asik off to NO. Couldn't the Bulls have done that when the going got tough? Not sure if Asik's cap number would have been 15m instead of 8.3m if he had been retained by CHI though.

It's just hypothetical if they did make those mistakes what their position would be currently whereas Houston is going to come out smelling like roses. I didn't want Lin at all and I would've liked Omir but not for that stupid amount Houston offered him. Asik must've thought he died and went to heaven because Houston had Hakeem withdrawls or something and wanted a big man regardless who it was.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Houston overpaid for Asik. Stupid to say otherwise and stupid to say the BULLS should have matched, when we already have one of the best centers in the game...

3ballbomber
07-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Bosh, i think will gut it out in Miami w/ Wade, even if Lebron does leave. Miami can still be top 3 in the East, if he goes to the West he'd be lucky to get to the Con Finals let alone the Finals.

Pablonovi
07-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Hahaha, nba.com, espn.com, and every other major news outlet on the planet Earth mispell it then...Look at any headlines or articles ever posted, "Heat." Just like Bulls, Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, etc. Oh, I get it...you're joking?

FINALLY, It's Been Revealed! CAPitalizing The HEAT Is A PSD Loyalty Test !

Hey chitown,
This has gotten way complicated (at least for me).
Now that you point out that all those major outlets that report on the NBA DON'T capitalize the HEAT/Heat; how can I possibly save my sorry azz from all the humiliation I've subjected it to for the last 5 minutes if not last 5 months???

Maybe I was joking (and didn't even know it)?

No, I've figured it out - it's a secret PSD Loyalty Test. You see, I've been "reduced" or "elevated" to getting all my news here - so I didn't even notice that nobody else has been capitalizing it! Only a "true-blue" PSD-ite would be so blinded by the HEAT!

Pablo for:
PSD mod,
PSD "owner"
or
PSD fool !

P.S. Will the team formerly known as the HEAT sue nba.com, espn.com etc. for "copyright" infringement or violations or non-observance, as the case may be or not?

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Hey SS,
I honestly don't get why you say this when comparing options for Bosh between Miami & Houston. Wouldn't he still be the 3rd option (behind Harden & Howard) in Houston; whereas, with the apparent DWade fade, Bosh would, if interested, have serious chances of becoming the #2 option (and LeBron would tend to pass to him much better, imo, than harden or Howard could - right?)

You think he'd still be the third option behind offensively challenged Howard? The only reason Wade was still the second option in Miami while playing hurt because he basically wouldn't accept being third banana there so Bosh had to bite the bullet and swallow his pride for the betterment of the team. You stick Bosh anywhere else his numbers and production are considerably better than what they were in Miami. Howard's job in Houston is to protect the rim and they'll throw him a bone once in a while. What did he average shots wise in Houston last season?m Anytime I checked the boxscore it was 10 or less with like 16 free throw attempts. Anybody goes to Miami with LeBron or Harden in Houston they are second option at best depending on who the other superstar is that was playing with them. If Miami utilized Bosh better he'd still have been a 24 point a game guy but look at the total touches he had in a game, not many for a player with his skillset. He's a hell of a lot better than what you saw over the last four seasons in Miami.

scissors
07-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Houston overpaid for Asik. Stupid to say otherwise and stupid to say the BULLS should have matched, when we already have one of the best centers in the game...

8 million a year for a starting quality center who is an elite rebounder and very good defender is a stupid amount?

I guess you would rather have Jodie Meeks for 8 mil?

chitown85
07-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Bosh, i think will gut it out in Miami w/ Wade, even if Lebron does leave. Miami can still be top 3 in the East, if he goes to the West he'd be lucky to get to the Con Finals let alone the Finals.

I disagree. If Bron leaves, Bosh is out the door for sure; James is the only thing that makes me think he might turn Houston down...Bron is the only reason he went to Miami in the first place. Does Wade have new knees? Harden, Bosh, Howard, and Parsons can take the West...The West is really good, but its not THAT good; to say a squad like that CAN'T get to the Finals.

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 08:51 PM
8 million a year for a starting quality center who is an elite rebounder and very good defender is a stupid amount?

What the market is set now is totally out of control. The money is just being thrown around like confetti. When Jodie F-ing Meeks can get 8 million per it's out of control. Really Houston were the ones who started with the reckless spending after those deals for Lin who was a flash in the pan and Omir is nothing more than a rebounder with size. That's not worthy of that deal Houston gave him.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 08:52 PM

Um, when you have Noah? You dont pay his backup 25 million to ride the pine, especially when you are heading towards the luxury...

chitown85
07-07-2014, 08:54 PM
FINALLY, It's Been Revealed! CAPitalizing The HEAT Is A PSD Loyalty Test !

Hey chitown,
This has gotten way complicated (at least for me).
Now that you point out that all those major outlets that report on the NBA DON'T capitalize the HEAT/Heat; how can I possibly save my sorry azz from all the humiliation I've subjected it to for the last 5 minutes if not last 5 months???

Maybe I was joking (and didn't even know it)?

No, I've figured it out - it's a secret PSD Loyalty Test. You see, I've been "reduced" or "elevated" to getting all my news here - so I didn't even notice that nobody else has been capitalizing it! Only a "true-blue" PSD-ite would be so blinded by the HEAT!

Pablo for:
PSD mod,
PSD "owner"
or
PSD fool !

P.S. Will the team formerly known as the HEAT sue nba.com, espn.com etc. for "copyright" infringement or violations or non-observance, as the case may be or not?

Hahaha:)

chitown85
07-07-2014, 08:59 PM
What the market is set now is totally out of control. The money is just being thrown around like confetti. When Jodie F-ing Meeks can get 8 million per it's out of control. Really Houston were the ones who started with the reckless spending after those deals for Lin who was a flash in the pan and Omir is nothing more than a rebounder with size. That's not worthy of that deal Houston gave him.

Preach!

amos1er
07-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Dude is good as gone. No way anyone offers him that kind of money anywhere else.

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I disagree. If Bron leaves, Bosh is out the door for sure; James is the only thing that makes me think he might turn Houston down...Bron is the only reason he went to Miami in the first place. Does Wade have new knees? Harden, Bosh, Howard, and Parsons can take the West...The West is really good, but its not THAT good; to say a squad like that CAN'T get to the Finals.
First there is still no guarantee that Parsons stays in Houston. Second even if they did have all those guys they would have probably the worst bench in the NBA. As soon as they had to start subbing guys in a team like the Spurs with their bench would just rain 3's down on them.

You also can't compare that Houston team to Miami's big 3 because Miami had one thing that Houston won't have... Labron James. Labron is the best player on the planet. There's no Labron in Houston.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 09:22 PM
First there is still no guarantee that Parsons stays in Houston. Second even if they did have all those guys they would have probably the worst bench in the NBA. As soon as they had to start subbing guys in a team like the Spurs with their bench would just rain 3's down on them.

You also can't compare that Houston team to Miami's big 3 because Miami had one thing that Houston won't have... Labron James. Labron is the best player on the planet. There's no Labron in Houston.

True. Parsons will probably go to Dallas if this happened. But, to say you can't make a winning team around Bosh, Howard, and Harden is silly IMO.

Verbal Christ
07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Oh great! Now when HOU puts Bosh on a banner with his #1 the sanctimonious PSD poster will cry how classless it is to use Isiah Canaans number. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't! LOL

Verbal Christ
07-07-2014, 09:30 PM

Do you know how restriced free agency works? Offer him the max, Houston can match and go over the cap.

Do you really doubt the bargain basement talent Morey can find?

Best player on the planet still couldn't win without his homies, obviously your point is that in todays NBA game it takes an assortment of stars to compete for championships in which case yeah dude you really know what you're talking about. Carry on.

JordansBulls
07-07-2014, 09:32 PM

Why would it matter if he is going to another contender that is paying more and he might have an even bigger share in the credit of the success of the team?

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 09:32 PM
True. Parsons will probably go to Dallas if this happened. But, to say you can't make a winning team around Bosh, Howard, and Harden is silly IMO.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Rockets would suck. They would clearly be one of the top 4 seeds. Hell they might even have the best regular season record and be the #1 seed going into the playoffs. I'm just saying that's no guarantee that they would advance in the playoffs. They had a really good team this year and had a very good bench and still couldn't get past Portland. I'm just saying that they would be at a disadvantage against the elite teams that have a deep bench (Spurs, Mavs, Thunder). All three of those teams could keep pace with the Rockets on the scoreboard when the starters are in the game. Then when they start subbing players in Houston would be in trouble.

jmart0424
07-07-2014, 09:36 PM
cant a team like the mavs offer parsons a contract before they sign bosh to force houstons hand or can the resign parsons to a big deal and still offer bosh max

Verbal Christ
07-07-2014, 09:45 PM
cant a team like the mavs offer parsons a contract before they sign bosh to force houstons hand or can the resign parsons to a big deal and still offer bosh max

Yes and Yes. If the Mavs wanna play this game Morey will use up every single minute of the 72 hours to match and allow potential FA's to sign elsewhere because the offer sheet will count against the Mavs cap.

Play with Morey if you want to. Once Lin is moved there is enough cap space to sign either player first.

jmart0424
07-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Yes and Yes. If the Mavs wanna play this game Morey will use up every single minute of the 72 hours to match and allow potential FA's to sign elsewhere because the offer sheet will count against the Mavs cap.

Play with Morey if you want to. Once Lin is moved there is enough cap space to sign either player first.

how much cap do they have without lin im not saying its likely to happen but if i liked parsons enough id force the rockets hand

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Do you know how restriced free agency works? Offer him the max, Houston can match and go over the cap.

Do you really doubt the bargain basement talent Morey can find?

Best player on the planet still couldn't win without his homies, obviously your point is that in todays NBA game it takes an assortment of stars to compete for championships in which case yeah dude you really know what you're talking about. Carry on.

Apparently you think owners are OK with losing money hand over fist. Here's a little secret... Billionaires didn't become billionaires by giving away their money when they didn't have to. Parsons was the third option on that team last year. That's fine considering he was playing under his rookie contract. So what you're saying is that the Rockets are now going to pay him 3 times what he was making to now be the 4th option at best? Now CAN the Rockets offer Parsons a max contract just so he doesn't sign with another team? Sure they can but I doubt they will if they sign Bosh. It would put them way over the luxury tax threshold and would make absolutely no financial sense.

Oh and yes I do doubt the bargain basement talent Morey could find. Lower tier free agents that have never been paid much are going to go after the money and get as much as they can. 9 out of 10 times when you sign a lower tier free agent that's exactly the impact he'll have on the team (lower tier impact). They also HAVE to trade Lin without taking anything back in order to even be able to sign Bosh. Once Lin is gone they have zero tradable assets. So they can't improve their team through trades.

And Labron needing help to win is exactly my point. They year they lost to Dallas in the Finals they had a good bench and still lost. Then the improved it a little and won two in a row (again with the best player on the planet). This past year their bench wasn't as good and they got smoked by San Antonio. Houston won't be able to afford a good bench AND they don't have anyone nearly as good as Labron on their team. The only chance they would have at having a decent bench is if they let Parsons walk.

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 10:05 PM
how much cap do they have without lin im not saying its likely to happen but if i liked parsons enough id force the rockets hand
That is exactly what is expected to happen. Dallas is going to go hard after Parsons and force the Rockets to make a decision. If Bosh doesn't make his decision within 72 hours of the Mavs offering Parsons a contract they will have to decide do they want to continue pursuing Bosh and let Parson walk or reverse field and keep Parsons.

rockets-fan
07-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Apparently you think owners are OK with losing money hand over fist. Here's a little secret... Billionaires didn't become billionaires by giving away their money when they didn't have to. Parsons was the third option on that team last year. That's fine considering he was playing under his rookie contract. So what you're saying is that the Rockets are now going to pay him 3 times what he was making to now be the 4th option at best? Now CAN the Rockets offer Parsons a max contract just so he doesn't sign with another team? Sure they can but I doubt they will if they sign Bosh. It would put them way over the luxury tax threshold and would make absolutely no financial sense.

Oh and yes I do doubt the bargain basement talent Morey could find. Lower tier free agents that have never been paid much are going to go after the money and get as much as they can. 9 out of 10 times when you sign a lower tier free agent that's exactly the impact he'll have on the team (lower tier impact). They also HAVE to trade Lin without taking anything back in order to even be able to sign Bosh. Once Lin is gone they have zero tradable assets. So they can't improve their team through trades.

And Labron needing help to win is exactly my point. They year they lost to Dallas in the Finals they had a good bench and still lost. Then the improved it a little and won two in a row (again with the best player on the planet). This past year their bench wasn't as good and they got smoked by San Antonio. Houston won't be able to afford a good bench AND they don't have anyone nearly as good as Labron on their team. The only chance they would have at having a decent bench is if they let Parsons walk.

Who is gunna offer parsons a max? He is likely offered $12-13 mil per year. As long the rockets would be under the luxury line then I can see how they wouldn't match(a max). But they have said they would match anything

Mr.B
07-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Who is gunna offer parsons a max? He is likely offered $12-13 mil per year. As long the rockets would be under the luxury line then I can see how they wouldn't match(a max). But they have said they would match anything
According to Verbal Christ the Rockets will match ANY offer Parsons is given simply because they technically can even if it doesn't make financial sense.

Wrench
07-07-2014, 11:10 PM
FOXSportsLive

.@WojYahooNBA on what Bosh told the Rockets: "I want to be in Miami, I want to play with LeBron."

Hmmmm

IversonIsKrazy
07-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Rockets would be really good, but I think its overpaid. Dont get me wrong, I like Bosh and believe he is capable of being a 20/10 guy again, however, on Rockets he will once again be a 3rd option and more of an excellent role player/borderline star who will be plopped as a spot-up shooter on offense. But I seriously dont see Bosh rejecting this offer.

If he stays with Miami, he would still be a spot-up shooter, but prlly wont be offered as much

goingfor28
07-07-2014, 11:15 PM
I hope he leaves the Heat and signs w the ROCKETS

goingfor28
07-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Is Harden really as bad at D as everyone says he is?

Yes. His defense is an absolute joke. Watch this:

James Harden, Defensive Juggernaut (2013-14): http://youtu.be/wVYJULACcao

Redrum187
07-07-2014, 11:22 PM
I think Pau Gasol is a more versatile PF/C than Chris Bosh. Their games are relatively similar, but Pau is the better rebounder and defender. I understand Bosh has slightly more range than Pau, but I don't think it's that significant. Am I missing something here? Why would Bosh next to Howard be lethal? I definitely think it has the POTENTIAL to be amazing, just as people thought Pau and Dwight had the potential to be amazing... but what makes people think this would be a solid fit? I guess I just want some convincing/reasoning in case I'm not seeing something right.

(Even not fully understanding how that is a good match, I'd still join the Rockets if I was Chris Bosh; better money, playing at natural position, more security in terms of talent on team)

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 11:25 PM
I think Pau Gasol is a more versatile PF/C than Chris Bosh. Their games are relatively similar, but Pau is the better rebounder and defender. I understand Bosh has slightly more range than Pau, but I don't think it's that significant. Am I missing something here? Why would Bosh next to Howard be lethal? I definitely think it has the POTENTIAL to be amazing, just as people thought Pau and Dwight had the potential to be amazing... but what makes people think this would be a solid fit? I guess I just want some convincing/reasoning in case I'm not seeing something right.

Bro this red font needs to go.

Dade County
07-07-2014, 11:28 PM
I hope he leaves the Heat and signs w the ROCKETS

Why?

I stopped watching after 59sec

SPURSFAN1
07-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Bro this red font needs to go.

I just skip red font users.

goingfor28
07-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Why?

I stopped watching after 59sec
Honestly to get people off the wagon lol. Not accusing you or anyone in particular but tons of heat fans popped up out of nowhere.

Redrum187
07-07-2014, 11:31 PM

To be fair though, I could get a compilation of defensive plays where James Harden blocks a shot or gets a steal to show how he is an amazing wing-defender.

But you're right... he is definitely below-average defensively. He isn't held accountable for it by his coach either.

ink
07-07-2014, 11:32 PM

(Even not fully understanding how that is a good match, I'd still join the Rockets if I was Chris Bosh; better money, playing at natural position, more security in terms of talent on team)

Your username is a quote from a possessed kid in a Kubrick film. Bad choice if you want credibility.please lose the red font.

Dade County
07-07-2014, 11:36 PM
FOXSportsLive

@WojYahooNBA on what Bosh told the Rockets: "I want to be in Miami, I want to play with LeBron."

Hmmmm

So does that mean this thread can be shutdown & locked?

Lets just wait and see everyone.

Asik's better
07-07-2014, 11:41 PM

(Even not fully understanding how that is a good match, I'd still join the Rockets if I was Chris Bosh; better money, playing at natural position, more security in terms of talent on team]
Mike D'antoni isn't the coach.

Redrum187
07-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Your username is a quote from a possessed kid in a Kubrick film. Bad choice if you want credibility.please lose the red font.

If color of font or user name choice is the "make or break for credibility" by a group of people, I have no issues with them thinking I'm the Ric Bucher of sportswriting/reporting.

Now then, if it's difficult to read for users, I'll gladly consider changing it.

Btw, thanks for telling me where my username came from.

Your user name originates from an invention created by either the Egyptians or the Chinese. There is conflicting evidence as to which group of people created ink. :hi5:

iam brett favre
07-07-2014, 11:43 PM

Why's everyone mad at the red font though?

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2014, 11:45 PM
FOXSportsLive

Hmmmm

Find Woj's original tweet and see how old it was.

Redrum187
07-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Mike D'antoni isn't the coach.

That could be a great point/fact. Can you elaborate?

Many people think/thought Mike D'antoni was an offensive genius. One could argue that if he couldn't get Pau and Dwight to mesh, very few (if any) other coach can (especially McHale).

Mr.B
07-08-2014, 12:00 AM
If color of font or user name choice is the "make or break for credibility" by a group of people, I have no issues with them thinking I'm the Ric Bucher of sportswriting/reporting.

Now then, if it's difficult to read for users, I'll gladly consider changing it.

Btw, thanks for telling me where my username came from.

Your user name originates from an invention created by either the Egyptians or the Chinese. There is conflicting evidence as to which group of people created ink. :hi5:
Hahaha!

It was actually 2 kids wasn't it? And they were ghosts not possessed. Also if I'm not mistaking it was a Steven King movie not a Kubrick film (The Shining).

scissors
07-08-2014, 12:01 AM

No to the bolded. Not close.

ink
07-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Hahaha!

It was actually 2 kids wasn't it? And they were ghosts not possessed. Also if I'm not mistaking it was a Steven King movie not a Kubrick film (The Shining).

OK since we're off topic anyway, yes it was a Kubrick film (http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/interview.ts.html). King wrote the novel. And yes, the kid was Jack Nicholson's son in the movie. He was possessed with visions. Can we move on?

Mochalman
07-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Take that deal Bosh!

Pablonovi
07-08-2014, 12:04 AM

Hey goingfor28,
I gotta tell ya that vid had me screaming - gives new meaning to the word "matador" !
My favorite? How as guy after guy goes by him he swings an arm "around" them as if there was any chance that he could strip the ball - when they're already too far ahead!

I imagine that such a video could be made of just about any player (they all get beat occasionally, even regularly on D); but still - he has truly perfected the "art"! hehe

scissors
07-08-2014, 12:10 AM

Absolutely amazing. I know somebody said "oh its a highlight real, you can make anybody look good/bad"

This is 11+ minutes of a guy who has zero interest in helping his team on defense. Its all just from this year! That is not winner mentality. Its not picking garbage time either, many of these videos are close games, late in the game against playoff team. Some are even multiple times within a matter of minutes.

I have played basketball for a long time. Not once have I ever been between nobody and the basket on defense. I mean seriously, the guy isn't losing his guy cause he's in help position, most of these sequences you would think he was on offense. This is just stupid, lazy basketball at its finest. This team will not win a championship with that kind of D from a star player.

Redrum187
07-08-2014, 12:10 AM
No to the bolded. Not close.

What evidence do you have to suggest Bosh is the better defender?

TylerSL
07-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Most of you guys are going to be shocked when nobody leaves Miami.

justinnum1
07-08-2014, 12:13 AM
rockets fans thinking they getting bosh. lmao

Asik's better
07-08-2014, 12:13 AM
That could be a great point/fact. Can you elaborate?

Many people think/thought Mike D'antoni was an offensive genius. One could argue that if he couldn't get Pau and Dwight to mesh, very few (if any) other coach can (especially McHale).
D'antoni is a genious at making PG better than they are. Twin towers never work in his system.

Asik's better
07-08-2014, 12:15 AM
rockets fans thinking they getting bosh. lmao
Actually it's mostly everyone else is.

scissors
07-08-2014, 12:16 AM
What evidence do you have to suggest Bosh is the better defender?

I'm normally very interested in articulating an argument. But it is so obvious that Bosh is a superior defender to Pau that I don't care to.

Nikeman
07-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Actually it's mostly everyone else is.

LOL. have fun believing Chris Broussard and his "sources" and using them as your basis to land Bosh.

Redrum187
07-08-2014, 12:21 AM
D'antoni is a genious at making PG better than they are. Twin towers never work in his system.

That is very true. He does specialize with PGs more than big men. Do you think McHale would be able to utilize Chris Bosh's skillset to mesh with Dwight Howards? Granted, McHale was one of the all-time great big men to play the game, I question his coaching, but I'm open to how he might be better at utilizing a star-packed roster with Bosh/Harden/Parsons/Dwight (with no amazing distributing PGs).

goingfor28
07-08-2014, 12:23 AM
LOL. have fun believing Chris Broussard and his "sources" and using them as your basis to land Bosh.
What u gonna do when he signs w Houston and lebron goes home?

Nikeman
07-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 4m
Popular question raised by last five teams I've talked to: Is Melo holding out in hopes Bosh goes to Houston so he can join LeBron in Miami?

hhmmmmmmmmmm

Nikeman
07-08-2014, 12:24 AM

Lets make a PSD account bet right now. LeBron/Bosh leave I delete my PSD acct, they stay, you go. Would be nice to see you gone since all you do is hate on Miami

goingfor28
07-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Lets make a PSD account bet right now. LeBron/Bosh leave I delete my PSD acct, they stay, you go. Would be nice to see you gone since all you do is hate on Miami
Nope
And wrong. I hate lebron. I have zero problem w Miami. Lebron leaves I won't give 2 ***** about the heat anymore.

Redrum187
07-08-2014, 12:27 AM

Hulk Hohan? =p

I think it's silly to assume one way or another. You guys make things so personal here. Just relax. Argue which would be the better fit. Which player is the better player. Not where one player is for sure going to go (as no one knows them personally and ultimately have no clue). =p

Redrum187
07-08-2014, 12:28 AM

I'd hate for either of you guys to go over a silly bet. Just wait and see and stop letting things get personal.

ink
07-08-2014, 12:35 AM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 4m
Popular question raised by last five teams I've talked to: Is Melo holding out in hopes Bosh goes to Houston so he can join LeBron in Miami?

hhmmmmmmmmmm

Other than Howard, is there another player as unlikeable as Melo or James? Shame that they get so much attention.

Redrum187
07-08-2014, 12:37 AM
Other than Howard, is there another player as unlikeable as Melo or James? Shame that they get so much attention.

They would only need Donald Sterling to somehow buy the Miami Heat and it would be complete. ;)

justinnum1
07-08-2014, 12:39 AM
:dance:

Asik's better
07-08-2014, 12:50 AM
That is very true. He does specialize with PGs more than big men. Do you think McHale would be able to utilize Chris Bosh's skillset to mesh with Dwight Howards? Granted, McHale was one of the all-time great big men to play the game, I question his coaching, but I'm open to how he might be better at utilizing a star-packed roster with Bosh/Harden/Parsons/Dwight (with no amazing distributing PGs).
While I do agree rockets need a better passing PG, Harden can be a facilitator. And there is no guarantee Mchale lasts the season.

Want to try that again?

Kyben36
07-08-2014, 12:53 AM
I have said bosh to the rockets for a few weeks now, knowing bosh if from Texas, knowing they could use a spread 4, and that they are a player in FA, although, i called a Asik and the #26 for Bosh in a S&T, but clearly that is not hapening. i may not have been far off though.

Mr.B
07-08-2014, 12:56 AM
While I do agree rockets need a better passing PG, Harden can be a facilitator. And there is no guarantee Mchale lasts the season.

Want to try that again?
If McHale gets fired mid season the Rockets can forget their chances of making it to the Finals much less actually winning a title.

astrosmaniac
07-08-2014, 01:02 AM
According to Verbal Christ the Rockets will match ANY offer Parsons is given simply because they technically can even if it doesn't make financial sense.

The max anyone can offer parsons is 14.5 mil base of the CBA rules. If the rockets sign bosh, they will get capped out, so really what's the difference in 12 mil and 14.5? Probably just the luxury tax. And at that, even with 4 guys on "max deals", the rockets wouldn't technically be in the LT yet because everyone else on the roster is on a rookie deal (if they were into the LT, all they'd have to do is dump D-Mo to get under). Les Alexander has paid the tax in the past and stated for years that he's willing to pay whatever it takes if the roster can compete.

Bottom line - if you go get bosh, you have probably a 3 year window to compete. Given a capped out financial situation, are you going to find a better available option than parsons? Most likely no. That's why they'll match any offer

Redrum187
07-08-2014, 01:03 AM

I don't think Harden is really capable of being a good facilitator. Chandler Parsons is probably the better facilitator between the two currently. Perhaps if Harden took less shots and focused more on creating plays for others (Parson/Bosh/Howard) he could develop into the facilitator everyone thought he was in OKC (which I wasn't convinced he was EXCEPTIONAL at there either). I just don't see that as probable.

Mr.B
07-08-2014, 01:06 AM
The max anyone can offer parsons is 14.5 mil base of the CBA rules. If the rockets sign bosh, they will get capped out, so really what's the difference in 12 mil and 14.5? Probably just the luxury tax. And at that, even with 4 guys on "max deals", the rockets wouldn't technically be in the LT yet because everyone else on the roster is on a rookie deal (if they were into the LT, all they'd have to do is dump D-Mo to get under). Les Alexander has paid the tax in the past and stated for years that he's willing to pay whatever it takes if the roster can compete.

Bottom line - if you go get bosh, you have probably a 3 year window to compete. Given a capped out financial situation, are you going to find a better available option than parsons? Most likely no. That's why they'll match any offer
Its very possible they could go over the LT threshold I just don't see it. There's no guarantee either way that they would win a title and if they are over the luxury tax that's a TON of money to spend when you don't have to.

scissors
07-08-2014, 01:11 AM

Best response I've seen to this. This is why I think that Mavs should not waste their time on Parsons, its hopeless and it will lock us up for the first 3 days of signing while all the other FA targets get taken up.

PS - I think Chandlers max is 15.8m for his first year. 2014 projected salary cap is 63.2m times 25%

astrosmaniac
07-08-2014, 01:20 AM
Its very possible they could go over the LT threshold I just don't see it. There's no guarantee either way that they would win a title and if they are over the luxury tax that's a TON of money to spend when you don't have to.
The time to spend the money is when you are trying to win. No one is ever guaranteed a title. When Not spending results in you significantly reducing your chance to win a title (which IMO is what letting parsons walk would be doing) that's being cheap. Alexander has proven he isn't cheap.

It's not like they'd be paying the LT for a non-contending team.

Best response I've seen to this. This is why I think that Mavs should not waste their time on Parsons, its hopeless and it will lock us up for the first 3 days of signing while all the other FA targets get taken up.

PS - I think Chandlers max is 15.8m for his first year. 2014 projected salary cap is 63.2m times 25%
Thanks, your right it's a little more than I thought. But at that point, does anyone want to take the risk that the rockets say no thanks and you're paying him 16+ for 4 year? I doubt it.

Aust
07-08-2014, 01:22 AM

I stopped watching after 39 seconds, couldn't take anymore. Reminds me of when Vladimir Radmanović played for the Lakers.

Nikeman
07-08-2014, 01:35 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 13s
Quote attributed to me on @Foxsports1 feed bit of context: Bosh's preference remains with LeBron in Miami, but he's open to Houston offer.

LeBron stays, Bosh stays, LeBron leaves, Bosh leaves.

scissors
07-08-2014, 01:35 AM
The time to spend the money is when you are trying to win. No one is ever guaranteed a title. When Not spending results in you significantly reducing your chance to win a title (which IMO is what letting parsons walk would be doing) that's being cheap. Alexander has proven he isn't cheap.

Thanks, your right it's a little more than I thought. But at that point, does anyone want to take the risk that the rockets say no thanks and you're paying him 16+ for 4 year? I doubt it.

I think the Rockets would match a max offer to him. Just because their ability to acquire players this offseason ends regardless. Who cares if Parsons is only worth $9m? To get him you have to pay him $16m and hit the LT costing you more. So much money goes in and out and you only have so many chances to be a real contender. I don't think they have the coaching/system to legitimately win but they probably don't think that.

Besides that - Morey works frickin magic so none of these "overpay" contracts are going to hurt him. He will know how to dump them when he has to just like he is doing with Asik and Lin.

Mr.B
07-08-2014, 01:39 AM

That's a good point about now being the time to spend since they are legit contenders. Its no secret that I would love for the Mavs to get Parsons, and that I think Parsons would be a star in Dallas. He would absolutely thrive in their system and would get tons of wide open looks and his teammates would actually want him to shoot the ball. If Cuban really wants him he needs to go hard and do everything he can to get him in Dallas. It may even cost Dallas Brandon Wright (they may need to trade him to clear cap space after agreeing to terms with Dirk, Harris, and Carter). They also have about a 3 year window with Dirk's career and now is the time to do everything they can to get one more ring. If they miss out on Parsons they are rumored to be going after Ariza and/or Stephenson.

0nekhmer
07-08-2014, 02:48 AM
I wouldn't even be mad if i were a heat fan. Perfect fit and that's the biggest offer he'll ever get again in his career. Plus, how would you feel if you're bosh.. Already willing to take a paycut, but your supposed leader lebron is taking his sweet time choosing if he wants to play with you? I'd say screw you guys, I've got more leverage, im heading to Houston.

PraiseJesus
07-08-2014, 03:34 AM
Does anyone else think that Dwight and Bosh wouldnt mesh at all

Very similar to Dwight and Gasol...

ink
07-08-2014, 03:40 AM
Does anyone else think that Dwight and Bosh wouldnt mesh at all

Very similar to Dwight and Gasol...

You have a point. I'm not sure how easily Howard and anyone would mesh.