PDA

View Full Version : LeBron is Going Down a Very Risky Path This 2014 Free Agency: 2010 All-Over??

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 01:30 PM
It's safe to say now, if LeBron doesn't return to Cleveland, that he may lose everything he has done these past 4 years in mending his relationship with the Cavs fans which loved and adored him.

Just like 2010, its getting to the point where if LeBron DOESN'T return to the Cavaliers, the loyal Cavalier fans will be severely disappointed and that hate and ill will towards LeBron may return.

With multiple reports saying that LeBron's agent Rich Paul has given the Cavaliers hope of his return, and per his instruction they are clearing max cap space to accomdate LeBron, many will argue that LeBron didn't say anything his agent did, but LeBron has to know EVERYTHING, Rich Paul is doing/saying to other teams.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-07-2014, 01:39 PM
I hope he does another TV show

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 01:43 PM
I hope he does another TV show

Even if he doesn't, at this point I still think Cleveland fans would hate him if he didn't return

Deezy3
07-07-2014, 01:51 PM
I hope he goes to the Titans.

Big Zo
07-07-2014, 01:52 PM
And he should care because?

IndyRealist
07-07-2014, 01:53 PM
He's specifically staying out of the media and just letting his agent handle things. I heard he went to the World Cup and isn't even in the country. While some people will still blame him, it won't be the masses of NBA fans like before. He's handling it about as well as he can.

PurpleLynch
07-07-2014, 01:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t35wK0QxIxU

RaiderLakersA's
07-07-2014, 01:56 PM
I reject the premise.

If anything the Cleveland Cavs fans should stop wearing their emotions on their collective sleeves when it comes to LeBron. He is a free agent and listening to offers from everyone that has a pitch. He isn't holding anyone hostage and he isn't forcing anyone to put on their best dress and make-up. If you want him, that's the minimum that you have to do to get him. But don't get pissed at LeBron if another woman wins his favor. That's life. Either grow up and learn to compete in the market and deal with rejection, or don't participate at all.

thomass
07-07-2014, 02:00 PM
I hope he retires

ottograham14
07-07-2014, 02:02 PM
I reject the premise.

If anything the Cleveland Cavs fans should stop wearing their emotions on their collective sleeves when it comes to LeBron. He is a free agent and listening to offers from everyone that has a pitch. He isn't holding anyone hostage and he isn't forcing anyone to put on their best dress and make-up. If you want him, that's the minimum that you have to do to get him. But don't get pissed at LeBron if another woman wins his favor. That's life. Either grow up and learn to compete in the market and deal with rejection, or don't participate at all.

As a DieHard Cavs/Browns/Indians fans this comment right here is perfect. 2010 and this off season are much different even through the perspective of a Cavs fan. Lebron is doing nothing wrong this off season. He is taking his time, not making rash decisions and not making a spectacle of this. Now he still has time to do that but he is handling this off-season much more mature than 2010.

Its on the Cleveland fans right now that are eating way too much into anything a national writer, reporter, insider (so-called), analysts and sadly any Blogger has to say on the situation.

If he doesn't come back then so be it, but the fans that are expecting him to come back now since David Aldridge or some other reporter said its wrong for him to not come out and say he isn't going to Cleveland at this time if he isn't are just idiotic. Lebron could easily still be deciding between the two and allowing Riley to try countering possibly what Griffin/Gilbert and Z told him last night and then will make his decision.

kingkenny01
07-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Somebody is going to hate you either way, miami for leaving after two championships, or cleveland for leaving and then leading them on again

Dade County
07-07-2014, 02:12 PM
I hope the Cav's fans burn twitter & ESPN logo's...

This isn't fair what the media is doing, just because the HEAT big 3 isn't talking to the media.

This is crazy.

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 02:14 PM
As a DieHard Cavs/Browns/Indians fans this comment right here is perfect. 2010 and this off season are much different even through the perspective of a Cavs fan. Lebron is doing nothing wrong this off season. He is taking his time, not making rash decisions and not making a spectacle of this. Now he still has time to do that but he is handling this off-season much more mature than 2010.

Its on the Cleveland fans right now that are eating way too much into anything a national writer, reporter, insider (so-called), analysts and sadly any Blogger has to say on the situation.

If he doesn't come back then so be it, but the fans that are expecting him to come back now since David Aldridge or some other reporter said its wrong for him to not come out and say he isn't going to Cleveland at this time if he isn't are just idiotic. Lebron could easily still be deciding between the two and allowing Riley to try countering possibly what Griffin/Gilbert and Z told him last night and then will make his decision.

@sheridanhoops: It will all go down in Vegas later this week. My source says 75 percent chance he returns to #Cavs: https://t.co/ATe80h8AXH

When fans see tweets like this, from all major NBA reporters, they develop something called hope. When that hope is crushed, it turns into hate. You seem to be a logical Cavs fans, but sports fans are often emotional. With LeBron's agent instructing the Cav's front office to move pieces in hopes of a LeBron return, it becomes significant.

I am 100% sure that Rich Paul is doing as LeBron is instructing him. Agents don't think for themselves, they act according to what their clients tell them. Sure he may be thousands of miles away but LeBron is controlling and making every move. All this vacation and **** is staged so he doesn't look like the bad guy when he makes his decision.

ottograham14
07-07-2014, 02:14 PM
I hope the Cav's fans burn twitter & ESPN logo's...

This isn't fair what the media is doing, just because the HEAT big 3 isn't talking to the media.

This is crazy.

Will still have Johnny. Don't know for how long with that coke dollar rolling SOB but Im sure with him Cleveland will still need Twitter and daily ESPN rip down articles.

mudvayne387
07-07-2014, 02:15 PM
This is what I will never understand about fanatics. What is with all this "legacy" BS. You are given maybe 70-80 years on this earth to enjoy life. Once your dead and gone is it going to matter one ounce whether or not people remember you as the best ever ? No

If I am LeBron James I put myself in the best possible situation to:

A) Enjoy life both on and off the court
B) Get compensated for being the best in the world at what I do
C) Give my wife and kids the best life that I can

You can go through life worrying what other people think of you, or you can stop that non sense and put yourself in the best situation possible.

We the fans care about legacy, the players with all of their riches don't and shouldn't give two ****s.

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 02:15 PM
This is what I will never understand about fanatics. What is with all this "legacy" BS. You are given maybe 70-80 years on this earth to enjoy life. Once your dead and gone is it going to matter one ounce whether or not people remember you as the best ever ? No

C) Give my wife and kids the most comfortable situation I can

You can go through life worrying what other people think of you, or you can stop that non sense and put yourself in the best situation possible.

We the fans care about legacy, the players with all of their riches don't and shouldn't give two ****s.

The sad part is the players do care about their legacy. Always will and always have. When LeBron comes out and makes statements saying he wants to retire one of the greatest players of all time, that shows you he cares for his legacy and makes every move he makes closely watched and heavily scrutinized.

Deezy3
07-07-2014, 02:17 PM
I haven't been following Lebron's decision, so what are the legit odds of him going to Cleveland? Can someone put a number on it like 50/50 or 60/40?

ottograham14
07-07-2014, 02:19 PM
@sheridanhoops: It will all go down in Vegas later this week. My source says 75 percent chance he returns to #Cavs: https://t.co/ATe80h8AXH

When fans see tweets like this, from all major NBA reporters, they develop something called hope. When that hope is crushed, it turns into hate. You seem to be a logical Cavs fans, but sports fans are often emotional. With LeBron's agent instructing the Cav's front office to move pieces in hopes of a LeBron return, it becomes significant.

I am 100% sure that Rich Paul is doing as LeBron is instructing him. Agents don't think for themselves, they act according to what their clients tell them. Sure he may be thousands of miles away but LeBron is controlling and making every move. All this vacation and **** is staged so he doesn't look like the bad guy when he makes his decision.

Oh I completely agree with everything your saying and there are going to be irrational fans out there but that is every fan base and can't really do anything about irrational fans. Is what it is. The media is just trying to create any news/stories they can right now and we as intelligent fans need to realize who you can trust and who you can't. Why I always say unless Woj is reporting something I am taking it with a huge grain of salt.

As for your comment about Paul telling the Cavs to make moves to get to being able to offer Lebron a Max contract, they've been trying to do that without Paul saying something or not. If they miss out on Lebron they are going to go after other FA's like Hayward, Frye, Ariza so they need to free up the cap space from a player like Jarrett Jack anyways. Paul just saying something isn't really changing that.

mudvayne387
The sad part is the players do care about their legacy. Always will and always have. When LeBron comes out and makes statements saying he wants to retire one of the greatest players of all time, that shows you he cares for his legacy and makes every move he makes closely watched and heavily scrutinized.

What is he supposed to say though ?

Do you really think he is losing sleep at night thinking about how if he signs in Houston people won't ever consider him the greatest ? No

He will wake up the next morning refreshed, get a workout in, bang his hot wife in the shower, and set sail on his private yacht for the day ...

RaiderLakersA's
Somebody is going to hate you either way, miami for leaving after two championships, or cleveland for leaving and then leading them on again

Exactly right. We should never forget that the word "fan" is short for "fanatics." You can't expect rational thinking all of the time, I guess.

But if I'm a Cavs or Heat fan I'd appreciate him for what he accomplished while he was with my team and be thankful for the opportunity to possibly bring him back into the fold. There are so many teams out there that have zero chance of bringing in a rainmaker like LeBron. Zero. Count your blessings and hope that your respective teams makes the strongest pitch that it can make. That's all that you can do.

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 02:23 PM
David Aldridge @daldridgetnt ∑ 2h
It would be beyond cruel to toy with that city's emotions again.

No one knows better than LeBron how this is playing in Cleveland. If he isn't seriously considering the Cavs, he has to make that known.

That's what I mean, Cleveland thinks they are getting him and LeBron should never have let that happen UNLESS he was actually returning.

RaiderLakersA's
07-07-2014, 02:24 PM

No one knows better than LeBron how this is playing in Cleveland. If he isn't seriously considering the Cavs, he has to make that known.

That's what I mean, Cleveland thinks they are getting him and LeBron should never have let that happen UNLESS he was actually returning.

On the speculations of David Adridge? Seriously, I wouldn't believe anything until the news was final. You can still hope without it leading you to the side of a cliff.

mudvayne387
07-07-2014, 02:26 PM

The media is the one playing the LeBron to Cleveland game to peak interest. Is LeBron supposed to hold a press conference at his pool to announce he has no interest in returning to the Cavs ?

ottograham14
07-07-2014, 02:26 PM
On the speculations of David Adridge? Seriously, I wouldn't believe anything until the news was final. You can still hope without it leading you to the side of a cliff.

Killing this thread.

Oldmantrash
07-07-2014, 02:28 PM
He knows what he's going to do, why even get cavs fans hopes up, if he's not going to go.

Only reason I can think of is vengeance, which would show his character.

ottograham14
07-07-2014, 02:36 PM
He knows what he's going to do, why even get cavs fans hopes up, if he's not going to go.

See thats the thing, I honestly don't think at least as of this morning he knows what he is going to do. He wants a max contract and that is all that we really know at this point. There is a possibility that he met with some Cavs FO individuals last night including Griffin and Big Z and is going to meet with Pat Riley either today or in the next day or two.

He could legitimately be weighing his options at this time and waiting to talk to Riley to see what Riley's plan is or just maybe to tell him like a professional that he is leaving. Something he didn't do with Cleveland last time. It's not his fault that the media has no idea what he is going to do yet and instead of being patient they have to like us FANS go off of what they hear which is mere speculation and create something for there outlets in this ever crazy give me something instead of giving me something that is right world of journalism.

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Woj: "Houston has emerged as Bosh's top choice, should he leave the Heat".

He said they're inching closer to a 4 year $80M offer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...183745127.html

Well, as a HEAT fan ****, Bosh leaves then LeBron is gone too

ManRam
07-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Can't blame LeBron for Cleveland fans' emotions in this instance. It's free agency...he can explore whatever options he wants however diligently he wants to. He's not obligated to say "Cleveland, I'm not coming so chill out". Maybe it is a viable option and something he is genuinely considering...who knows? Things can be an option and not happen...and Cleveland fans getting depressed because of that is not his fault.

RaiderLakersA's
07-07-2014, 02:52 PM

Vengeance? If you want to cut someone to the core, just show them what the phrase, "Dead to me," really means and feels like. The best revenge is to completely cut someone off from having any access to you or those around you. (Just ask any of my ex-girlfriends.)

LeBron has said that he'd entertain all offers for a max contract and he dispatched his agent with those orders at the top of the list. He's not discriminating; any and all max offers are welcome. Yes, that means even Cleveland gets a few minutes and a seat at the table.

If anything Cleveland being a party to these discussions shows LeBron's better nature. He does his best to avoid animosity and vitriole. Considering the scathing, slanderous and childishly irresponsible parting letter that Gilbert published a few years back, Cleveland should be happy that LeBron's agent is accepting their calls at all. I can think of a few players -- especially the Hall of Famers -- that would have told Cleveland to go take a flying ****. But not LeBron. With him it's business and bygones.

Lo Porto
07-07-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm a Jazz fan. I grew up appreciating team basketball. So I really appreciate LeBron's team first game. I've always been a fan of LeBron. He plays the game the way it's supposed to be played.

As I watch this media fed free agency spectacle, I realize that it all makes me root for him to get back to the place where he was with the neutral fan like me a few years ago. A place where you don't feel guilty for cheering for him. When he wasn't playing my Jazz, I rooted for LeBron and the Heat but I always felt wrong for doing so.

If he returns to Cleveland, I think a lot of fans return to him. Hell, a lot of fans might even return to the NBA. I don't blame him for going to Miami, but the casual fan does. So if he returns, they will see value in his efforts to bring a title to Cleveland.

Just my two cents. And maybe a reason for the frenzy. Never seen a guy impact the league like LBJ.

0nekhmer
07-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Cleveland looks pathetic right now. Getting the best draft picks in the past couple years, still sucking and now using wishful thinking lebron returns..

I'm not a lbj fan, but i still don't get the hate he still gets on a daily. Whatever he does, he'll be scrutinized

rocket
07-07-2014, 04:49 PM
:laugh:

These Miami fans are brainwashed like Cleveland fans in the summer of 2010

ink
07-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I'd just like to see Lebron make one move without people having to blame an organization to rationalize it.

CLE was blamed when he left them, now will the rationale be that MIA and Riley are to blame because they didn't provide him with "help"? When does it end?

This is why you gut it out and stay with your team. You do it because making excuses just doesn't cut it when you're the best.

Yes, the standards are high.

ink
07-07-2014, 04:54 PM

I agree with the points Aldridge is making. He can't dick the city of CLE around again. It's just wrong.

If he wants to play there, then do it. If not, don't play them.

JNA17
07-07-2014, 05:55 PM
:laugh:

These Miami fans are brainwashed like Cleveland fans in the summer of 2010

Can't wait to have only 5 Heat fans again here.

Bad news tho is we will suddenly see the return of more than two or three Cavs fans come out of the woodwork. But they are not as bad I guess.

LA_Raiders
07-07-2014, 07:56 PM
The decision 2.0 I can wait to see more jerseys burning

3ballbomber
07-07-2014, 09:13 PM
It's safe to say now, if LeBron doesn't return to Cleveland, that he may lose everything he has done these past 4 years in mending his relationship with the Cavs fans which loved and adored him.

Just like 2010, its getting to the point where if LeBron DOESN'T return to the Cavaliers, the loyal Cavalier fans will be severely disappointed and that hate and ill will towards LeBron may return.

With multiple reports saying that LeBron's agent Rich Paul has given the Cavaliers hope of his return, and per his instruction they are clearing max cap space to accomdate LeBron, many will argue that LeBron didn't say anything his agent did, but LeBron has to know EVERYTHING, Rich Paul is doing/saying to other teams.
lol return? it never left for probably more than a large % of Cavs fans.

But i betcha as a former cavs fan you'd love Lebron to go back wouldn't ya ;) lol

Either way Lebron will always be criticized no matter what he does, but even more so if he leaves Miami. You just watch the backlash, people, fans and media come crashing down on him. won't be pretty. IT's probably one of the reasons why he hasn't made a decision yet. He knows if he leaves the entire world will pounce on him - that must be weighing in on his mind while he contemplates fleeing the Heat

3ballbomber
07-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Can't wait to have only 5 Heat fans again here.

Bad news tho is we will suddenly see the return of more than two or three Cavs fans come out of the woodwork. But they are not as bad I guess.
lol, it will be interesting, if Lebron leaves Miami, how many of the current very active Heat fans will disappear and how many newly registered Cavs fans pop up, who's posts strangely resemble those of old Heat fans :eyebrow:

kantarok
07-07-2014, 09:52 PM
I am sick of this. Did Michael Jordan play for the knicks just because he was from Brooklyn//NOO!!!. Cleveland is cheating in the NBA, how the heck have they been getting all these #1s these years. Tanking in 2003 to get James in the first place. Trying to use people's emotions against them, as if the "decision" was wrong. Cleveland burned his jersey like the KKK right on television, are you serious? and then the nonsense about he owes Cleveland a championship, no he doesn't and guess what cleveland if Lebron did win a championship there it would only benefit him not anyone else but his family. Then they talk about a "bond", guess what Miami has more of a bond because they actually won champioships and Lebron is actually close to some of the players. Lebron forgets the way he was criticized all the time in Cleveland and they all were clowning him about having no rings and now he has forgotten the hating that he received.

RowBTrice
07-07-2014, 10:16 PM
LeBron is still a *****

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Best course of action for LeBron is to stay in Miami because that's where you thought the better opportunity to win is. If he goes back to Cleveland he'll get flack but not as much going back to where he started to finish what he started there a bring a championship there. The team isn't exactly on the cusp of a championship right now so it will take about three years to reach that goal IMO but if he left a better situation in Miami to go home to Ohio I can't see him being vilified. Now if he goes to the Clippers, Houston or New York with Melo then his legacy will take a hit and he'll be known as ring chaser who bolts at the first sign of adversity and goes to a ready made situation. That is assuming Houston got rid of Harden, Clips got rid of Blake and another piece (take your pick) and Melo is able to convince him to join him in Gotham. That also depending whether they can find a stupid enough team to take A'mare.

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 10:53 PM
The decision 2.0 I can wait to see more jerseys burning

Watch these Miami fans who worshiped the ground he walked on to turn on him quicker than anything. It was funny for them when he and the other two jerked all these teams around in the Summer of 2010 but now it seems like karma is gonna be a *****.

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 11:19 PM
lol return? it never left for probably more than a large % of Cavs fans.

But i betcha as a former cavs fan you'd love Lebron to go back wouldn't ya ;) lol

Either way Lebron will always be criticized no matter what he does, but even more so if he leaves Miami. You just watch the backlash, people, fans and media come crashing down on him. won't be pretty. IT's probably one of the reasons why he hasn't made a decision yet. He knows if he leaves the entire world will pounce on him - that must be weighing in on his mind while he contemplates fleeing the Heat

Yeah good one bro, you are so funny

3ballbomber
07-07-2014, 11:23 PM
yeah good one bro, you are so funny:d

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 11:29 PM
:d

Can't wait for Rose to get another injury after Melo spurns your team and the Bulls just stay mediocre.

FYI, Russell Westbrook returned in 3 weeks from a meniscus tear, Ron Artest like 2 games, Derrick Rose had to take a whole season off.

3ballbomber
07-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Can't wait for Rose to get another injury after Melo spurns your team and the Bulls just stay mediocre.

FYI, Russell Westbrook returned in 3 weeks from a meniscus tear, Ron Artest like 2 games, Derrick Rose had to take a whole season off.

aahhh there's the class that we all expect from bandwagon.......i mean, er Miami fans. I've been lead to believe you're one of the reasons old, long time PSD, Miami fans are no longer posting in the Heat forum.

It will be very interesting indeed where many of you will be if Lebron bolts :D

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 11:51 PM
aahhh there's the class that we all expect from bandwagon.......i mean, er Miami fans. I've been lead to believe you're one of the reasons old, long time PSD, Miami fans are no longer posting in the Heat forum.

It will be very interesting indeed where many of you will be if Lebron bolts :D

Yup, because Bulls fans are the classiest posters we have on PSD

ink
07-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Can't blame LeBron for Cleveland fans' emotions in this instance. It's free agency...he can explore whatever options he wants however diligently he wants to. He's not obligated to say "Cleveland, I'm not coming so chill out". Maybe it is a viable option and something he is genuinely considering...who knows? Things can be an option and not happen...and Cleveland fans getting depressed because of that is not his fault.

Why not? Is he a robot? Of course he should have some ethics about this. He even said he learned something from 2010.

Well, did he?

3ballbomber
07-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Yup, because Bulls fans are the classiest posters we have on PSD
what ever your opinion, it seems Heat fans have outmatched any bad fanhood combined the last 4 seasons. It's quite evident, that even long time Heat followers no longer post in their own forum because of all the new fans polluting the threads - that place is dead. There's a recent post on there started by a long time Heat fan about this exact issue. At least the Bulls forum is filled with actual, loyal fans ;)

If Lebron leaves, i will monitor your daily posting routines personally :D

TylerSL
07-08-2014, 12:34 AM
The media is really speculating here. Who knows what was really said between his agent and the Cavaliers front office? Just because Cleveland felt receptive to the meeting doesn't mean anything. Lebron has said absolutely nothing and the longer this drags on, the worse the speculation gets. Truth is, nobody really knows anything other than Lebron wants a max. If he was serious about leaving I believe he would have attempted to control the market like he could have. Instead he has stayed silent and is letting free agency otherwise move on without him. The media however, brings Lebron up every time they talk about free agency with generally nothing to report, so they spin everything. We'll know in the next couple of days, I don't think there is a chance he leaves.

TylerSL
07-08-2014, 02:59 AM
Why not? Is he a robot? Of course he should have some ethics about this. He even said he learned something from 2010.

Well, did he?

Lebron does not owe any certain fans an explanation because they are letting the media and people praying to see the Big 3 separate get their hopes up. He hasn't said anything, just because the Cavalier front office was receptive to meeting with his agent means nothing.

King41
07-08-2014, 03:14 AM
he is coming to dallas . book it
i said it first

ManRam
07-08-2014, 09:48 AM

Well, did he?

Maybe he is genuinely considering it. :shrug:

Even if he's not, it's just double standards galore. Has anyone ever necessitated an athlete rule out a team just so the fans don't get their hopes up? Come on now.

And you're comparing this to 2010? Why? The mental gymnastics, man....

NoahH
07-08-2014, 10:31 AM
No credible NBA reporters actually have said LeBron is going back to Cleveland. Woj and Sam Amick have been quiet, while people like Chris Broussard, Ric Bucher and Chris Sheridan are saying he's going back to Cleveland. Excuse me, but I am going ot listen to Woj and Amick over Broussard and Bucher any day.

ManRam
07-08-2014, 10:40 AM
No credible NBA reporters actually have said LeBron is going back to Cleveland. Woj and Sam Amick have been quiet, while people like Chris Broussard, Ric Bucher and Chris Sheridan are saying he's going back to Cleveland. Excuse me, but I am going ot listen to Woj and Amick over Broussard and Bucher any day.

Yeah. It's rampant speculation over his agent visiting with the Cavs. His agent who has made it clear that he is kinda all for LeBron returning. Woj called it "something of a mission for him". But aside from those two things, which could be 150% meaningless, the rest of it has been media sensationalism. LeBron has said nothing about going to Cleveland. LeBron has not met with the Cavs. LeBron himself has done nothing to fuel this flame. End of story. If Cavs fans are getting their hopes up, it's on them.

NoahH
07-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Yeah. It's rampant speculation over his agent visiting with the Cavs. His agent who has made it clear that he is kinda all for LeBron returning. Woj called it "something of a mission for him". But aside from those two things, which could be 150% meaningless, the rest of it has been media sensationalism. LeBron has said nothing about going to Cleveland. LeBron has not met with the Cavs. LeBron himself has done nothing to fuel this flame. End of story. If Cavs fans are getting their hopes up, it's on them.

:clap:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2014, 11:08 AM

Lebron hires his agent to represent him and speak on his behalf. Lebron should put his foot down on his agent making those feelings be known because of the sensativity. Lebron already left CLE heartbroken once. Now his agent is getting those fans' hopes back up. Even if Lebron isn't directly contributing to it he's allowing for people in his camp to do it. Normally I'd say whatever but if Lebron really does love the city of CLE despite leaving (like he says) and he really did learn something in 2010 (like he says he did) then he would be putting his foot down on that stuff with his agent. Granted, he might be doing that in private but the agent obviously isn't listening.

MonroeFAN
07-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Who cares? He doesn't owe any fan base anything.

b_russ
07-08-2014, 11:15 AM

C) Give my wife and kids the best life that I can

No he needs to give the people what they want.

a) Respond to every report put out there by the media so that he doesn't mislead us.
b) Go where the majority of fans want him to go
c) Win championships with the least amount of help possible.
d) Stay with a team because he owes it to them and the city, never be a free agent again.
e) And finally, this is important, be clutch by not deferring to teammates at the end of close games. Be the man.

dannyy08
07-08-2014, 11:21 AM

Not sure how any of that is his fault. Both Melo and LBJ have a right to take as much time as needed. It's everyone else's fault for expecting them to decide asap. Everyday that passes reports come out bc they want to be the 1st to report it. If nothing is said then they guess and read into every detail just to get an article out and entertain readers.

Is he not allowed to look at any and ever possibility however likely or unlikely?

Since when does a player have to sign with a team just bc they inquire about them?

ink
07-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Maybe he is genuinely considering it. :shrug:

Even if he's not, it's just double standards galore. Has anyone ever necessitated an athlete rule out a team just so the fans don't get their hopes up? Come on now.

And you're comparing this to 2010? Why? The mental gymnastics, man....

I'm confused ManRam. There are no mental gymnastics involved. I also don't see any double standards. This would be dumb if anyone did it. How can you not compare it 2010? It has to be universally agreed that that was the biggest goof up in the history of PR. The point wasn't just the bad TV show, it was the toying with the emotions of CLE fans. Given that he did that once and saw the fallout, common sense would say that he would be extremely careful this time. The funny thing is that he's now playing with the emotions of two cities, CLE and MIA.

This courtship stuff is dumb anyway. Athletes in other sports don't do this. They get offers, they examine them, they sign. Done. Maybe it's the ridiculous period between the beginning of free agency and the official signing day that's the problem, who knows, but you'd think he'd get better advisors this time around.

He had to know what team he might pick without any of this. That's when his ethics and common sense should kick in. Just decide and don't lead people on.

Arch Stanton
07-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Lebron hires his agent to represent him and speak on his behalf. Lebron should put his foot down on his agent making those feelings be known because of the sensativity. Lebron already left CLE heartbroken once. Now his agent is getting those fans' hopes back up. Even if Lebron isn't directly contributing to it he's allowing for people in his camp to do it. Normally I'd say whatever but if Lebron really does love the city of CLE despite leaving (like he says) and he really did learn something in 2010 (like he says he did) then he would be putting his foot down on that stuff with his agent. Granted, he might be doing that in private but the agent obviously isn't listening.

As a Cavs fan, I don't think the city of Cleveland will be heartbroken if LeBron doesn't return. It's not the same as 2010. The roster is probably a playoff team in the East. There will be some fans that probably got their hopes a little too high on his return. Hopefully they've learned not to read into anything 'talking heads' and 'twitter journalists' put out there.

ManRam
07-08-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm confused ManRam. There are no mental gymnastics involved. I also don't see any double standards. This would be dumb if anyone did it. How can you not compare it 2010? It has to be universally agreed that that was the biggest goof up in the history of PR. The point wasn't just the bad TV show, it was the toying with the emotions of CLE fans. Given that he did that once and saw the fallout, common sense would say that he would be extremely careful this time. The funny thing is that he's now playing with the emotions of two cities, CLE and MIA.

This courtship stuff is dumb anyway. Athletes in other sports don't do this. They get offers, they examine them, they sign. Done. Maybe it's the ridiculous period between the beginning of free agency and the official signing day that's the problem, who knows, but you'd think he'd get better advisors this time around.

He had to know what team he might pick without any of this. That's when his ethics and common sense should kick in. Just decide and don't lead people on.

2010 had The Decision. That was the largest PR goof up we've seen. That's precisely my point! He hasn't done that! He's just doing what every other star FA does. If LeBron needed to learn anything from 2010 it's that doing The Decision was stupid, not that he can't explore his options, take his time and let teams court him. That's what every player does...and that's all that he's doing. :shrug: I agree that the courtship stuff is silly, but it happens in the NBA and it happens a ton. These are big decisions for these players, after all. Why not explore every avenue?

And again, who knows? Maybe he is genuinely considering a return to Cleveland. He has that right. He has that right even if in the end he doesn't go there.

That's all. He's the only guy we'd bash for not coming out and saying "I will not sign with this team so don't get your hopes up".

If anyone needs to have learned something from prior free agents it's fans needing to learn to relax and not obsess over every single soft rumor out there.

ink
07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
2010 had The Decision. That was the largest PR goof up we've seen. That's precisely my point! He hasn't done that! He's just doing what every other star FA does. If LeBron needed to learn anything from 2010 it's that doing The Decision was stupid, not that he can't explore his options, take his time and let teams court him.

I disagree.

Only he has ever done anything as dumb as The Decision. That's why he's scrutinized now.

That's all. He's the only guy we'd bash for not coming out and saying "I will not sign with this team so don't get your hopes up".

See above. He set the bar by making the mistake the last time. He has to be careful about how he does this, and he needs good advisors this time.

Frankly I don't think he should even consider leaving MIA. Like Riley said, he can't run from every situation just because it's not ideal.

If anyone needs to have learned something from prior free agents it's fans needing to learn to relax and not obsess over every single soft rumor out there.

I agree with that. Superstar and fans who obsess about this are both the problem.

_Supreme_
07-08-2014, 01:14 PM
What has Lebron himself actually done or said to make people think he will return to Cleveland?

Isn't all of this speculation coming from "sources" and media? The same "sources" and media that turned out to be full of crap back in 2010.

It would be typical if Lebron ends up getting blamed for expectations that have been created almost entirely by others.

NBA_Starter
07-08-2014, 07:51 PM
It is not risky at all, he has handled this so much better than 2010, all that you read is on twitter the only thing we know for sure is that he wants a max contract. I hope he goes back to Cleveland but if he doesn't I can't see them burning his jerseys etc. again because they have a bright future with or without him.

Jamiecballer
07-08-2014, 08:06 PM
I disagree.

Only he has ever done anything as dumb as The Decision. That's why he's scrutinized now.

See above. He set the bar by making the mistake the last time. He has to be careful about how he does this, and he needs good advisors this time.

Frankly I don't think he should even consider leaving MIA. Like Riley said, he can't run from every situation just because it's not ideal.

I agree with that. Superstar and fans who obsess about this are both the problem.
I don't get it. It sounds like not making the same mistake isn't enough for you. Doesn't he deserve the right to carefully consider his options?

Going to Cleveland might be the best decision for him ultimately. If he publicly ruled it out before he let things play out he'd either be stuck with a Decision he didn't really want, or be criticized even more for reversing course.

3ballbomber
07-08-2014, 09:14 PM
I don't get it. It sounds like not making the same mistake isn't enough for you. Doesn't he deserve the right to carefully consider his options?

Going to Cleveland might be the best decision for him ultimately. If he publicly ruled it out before he let things play out he'd either be stuck with a Decision he didn't really want, or be criticized even more for reversing course.
Riley challenged him. Telling him the right thing to do is gut it out and to not run for the first door out when things get tough. We are all going to see what he's made of w/ the decision he makes. I predict he flees once more. Why would he take this long to make a decision other wise. Lebron ran to Wade & Bosh, he loses, can't take the heat so he'll bolt once more. This is the sort of gutless,coward he is. Come @ me bro :cool:

ManRam
07-09-2014, 10:25 AM
I disagree.

Not sure I follow. You're saying he hasn't learned anything. What is it precisely that he hasn't learned. Saying "the Decision was dumb so that's why he's scrutinized now" isn't explaining how what he's doing now is dumb. He's acting no differently than most any other star free agent at this point. He's taking his time, talking to teams and exploring his options. What is wrong about that?

Well, at this point it does look like he is genuinely considering Cleveland. And even if he doesn't ultimately go there, he has every right to do that. And what we think he should do doesn't matter. These are his decisions. These are important decisions. Just because fans are getting antsy or impatient doesn't mean he has the obligation to speed things up. Just because Cleveland fans might get burned again doesn't mean he can't consider it. It's a HUGE decision for him. The legacial ramifications of this are huge for him, let alone financial aspects, familial aspects and so on.

RaiderLakersA's
07-09-2014, 11:10 AM
I think LeBron is handling FA the right way.

I think the media and their "sources" are handling his FA the wrong way.

I think the fans that are hanging emotionally on everything being reported by the media and "sources" are handling FA the wrong way.

I think people who are blaming LeBron for media and "sources" conjecture are handling FA the wrong way.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Moreover....

‏@WojYahooNBA
Here's concern for Cavs - and everyone else pursuing James. Everything's been filtered thru his agent, Rich Paul. No one's getting to James.

ink
07-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Not sure I follow. You're saying he hasn't learned anything. What is it precisely that he hasn't learned. Saying "the Decision was dumb so that's why he's scrutinized now" isn't explaining how what he's doing now is dumb. He's acting no differently than most any other star free agent at this point. He's taking his time, talking to teams and exploring his options. What is wrong about that?

Well, at this point it does look like he is genuinely considering Cleveland. And even if he doesn't ultimately go there, he has every right to do that. And what we think he should do doesn't matter. These are his decisions. These are important decisions. Just because fans are getting antsy or impatient doesn't mean he has the obligation to speed things up. Just because Cleveland fans might get burned again doesn't mean he can't consider it. It's a HUGE decision for him. The legacial ramifications of this are huge for him, let alone financial aspects, familial aspects and so on.

The "legacial" ramifications??? That's genuinely facepalm worthy man. We have to stop being such pawns for these guys' ridiculous egos. I seriously couldn't care less about Lebron's "legacial" ramifications, nor do I care about his free agency "decisions". What he should have learned was not to run away when things get difficult. His approach appalls me quite frankly, that the player who wants to be the best in league history doesn't even have the intestinal fortitude to stick with the team that bought, him 2 championships and 4 rings in 4 years. What I hoped he might learn would be that he is not above the game. He was absolutely schooled in this point -- that a team is more important than the individuals -- in the finals this year but he was unable to learn.

Just get it over with Lebron. If you've decided to move to CLE that isn't the end of the world. Seriously it isn't that important. Just please get it over with so we can move on.

tredigs
07-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Even leading into 2010, Lebron handled the Free Agency in impressive fashion for 99.9% of the road up until "The Decision" (still never watched that or felt an urge to... who cares... you'll see the result simultaneously anywhere else).

I don't know if you humans are capable of 5+ year memory spans at this point, but even the season PRIOR to his final season in Cleveland he was being incessantly badgered about where he might go. His response was essentially always, "It does not matter, this is where I am and this is all I am focused on, I'll deal with that then". It was actually disturbing and the only thing LBJ did wrong IMO was not saying, "Any reporter going forward who asks me a question concerning my 2010 Free Agency over the next two seasons while I am here in Cleveland, I will blacklist until 2011". Boom. Problem solved (he still would have pissed CLE and the other hopeful fanbases + bitterLBJ contingent off with the TV show, but he was just giving the sports world what it had asked for. If you watched and cared that much, whatever, that's on you).

He's handling this Free Agency perfectly fine as well. WTF has he even said or done? The guy is probably combining his vacationing and family time with some calls or meetings with team execs here and there. Or, maybe there's a confluence of factors and he's being advised to wait it out while teams iron out #'s, trades, etc. WTF knows? It's been like a week, right? I'm sure you'll all get your LBJ heroin drip soon enough, but for ****s sake go do something other than worry about his life in the meantime?

ink
07-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Moreover....

This is news? His agent is getting to James, that's why the agent is the source.

The point is that it's appalling that he considers himself bigger than the game and he treats organizations like they're disposable. It actually tarnishes the "legacy" you talk about far worse than anything else he could do. It's a bit sociopathic.

tredigs
07-09-2014, 12:04 PM
This is news? His agent is getting to James, that's why the agent is the source.

The point is that it's appalling that he considers himself bigger than the game and he treats organizations like they're disposable. It actually tarnishes the "legacy" you talk about far worse than anything else he could do. It's a bit sociopathic.

He's a product of the environment that the world - specifically media world - created for him. Not even Michael Jordan - who at least was afforded a semi normal high school life and went to a few years of college and came into the league a man - can entirely relate to what type of ego complex that would create. I'd argue he handles it pretty impressively in all honesty. Most people crumble under such pressure. See: Teen Icons Of Hollywood; The Later Years.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 12:06 PM
The "legacial" ramifications??? That's genuinely facepalm worthy man. We have to stop being such pawns for these guys' ridiculous egos. I seriously couldn't care less about Lebron's "legacial" ramifications, nor do I care about his free agency "decisions". What he should have learned was not to run away when things get difficult. His approach appalls me quite frankly, that the player who wants to be the best in league history doesn't even have the intestinal fortitude to stick with the team that won, no, bought, him 2 championships and 4 rings in 4 years. What I hoped he might learn would be that he is not above the game. He was absolutely schooled in this point -- that a team is more important than the individuals -- in the finals this year but he was unable to learn.

Just get it over with Lebron. If you've decided to move to CLE that isn't the end of the world. Seriously it isn't that important. Just please get it over with so we can move on.

I think you're just reaching now. You use a new defense every single post. Now it's a new reach because it does appear he does have genuine interest in the Cavs so you can't bash him for not coming out and saying "Hey, Cleveland, I'm not even considering you so don't get your hopes up". This time it's: he's a coward, a guy who flees teams, a guy who thinks he's above the game and who is basically just an idiot. Those are now the new reasons why whatever he's doing in free agency is so terrible. You've at least moved on from the other silly explanations as to why we should be ripping him for whatever it is he's doing, but these new ones are no less petty and hypocritical.

You say he needs to learn that team is more important than individuals...maybe that's why he's exploring his options :shrug:

All I meant with the legacy stuff is that he's choosing if he wants to play in Miami with the same roster and an aging Wade, or go back to Cleveland and play along side a young team. It's important. There is a lot at stake. There always is for most every free agent. You can face palm it if you want, but the fact remains. It's an important decision for him and his career...and yes, his legacy :shrug: Players have always taken this into account, and there's nothing wrong with him trying to suss out what is best for him. Because, again, he's a freaking FREE AGENT. He can look into signing wherever he wants and shop himself around...something that literally thousands of players have done. He's not saying a damned thing either. He's not fanning the flames. He's just meeting with teams, trying to figure out what he wants, and then he's going to decide. You know...the things free agents do.

As for the Cleveland thing, I'm just happy he'd be off the Heat :shrug: But I'm not the one being hypocritical here.

I guess ultimately it boils down to this. I think he's handling this all fine. You don't. So, what should he be doing instead? Let's save the "coward", "ego", "he;s the worst" stuff and just explain how he should specifically be approaching this free agency.

ManRam
07-09-2014, 12:07 PM

The point is: he's not talking. He's not leading teams on. He's not creating media madness. He's just handling his business, and his agent is handling his, and when the time comes he/they will decide. Like, again, we'd hope every free agent would go about free agency.

ink
07-09-2014, 01:45 PM
I think you're just reaching now. You use a new defense every single post.

There are lots of things wrong with what he's doing in his career. That's on him. Not a reach at all. It's always been about him having the guts to stay with his team.

You say he needs to learn that team is more important than individuals...

He does.

All I meant with the legacy stuff is that he's choosing if he wants to play in Miami with the same roster and an aging Wade, or go back to Cleveland and play along side a young team. It's important. There is a lot at stake. There always is for most every free agent. You can face palm it if you want, but the fact remains. It's an important decision for him and his career...and yes, his legacy :shrug: Players have always taken this into account.

I question that. I don't know of many athletes that were this obsessed with being GOATs lol before Kobe and Lebron.

As for the Cleveland thing, I'm just happy he'd be off the Heat :shrug: But I'm not the one being hypocritical here.

I don't see any hypocrisy. From day one this has always been about loyalty and guts for me. In the FA era people immediately dismiss the former (I don't, I think it leads to true greatness, eg. Duncan and Spurs) and people seem to listen to the point about guts. Even his own GM said it so there's no hypocrisy, it's just an uncomfortable fact about the guy who imagines himself to be some kind of GOAT candidate. Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware that he is immensely talented. I just think he has made little progress growing up, i.e. understanding that there are bigger things than him in the L.

I guess ultimately it boils down to this. I think he's handling this all fine. You don't. So, what should he be doing instead? Let's save the "coward", "ego", "he;s the worst" stuff and just explain how he should specifically be approaching this free agency.

I haven't once called him a coward or the worst. And the thread isn't specifically about how he should approach FA. It's about going "down a path" toward pissing people off again, at least that's how I read it. The easiest way not to piss people off is for him to have the fortitude to show he can tough out an imperfect situation and rise up to THAT challenge. Somehow that simple point got lost in your post.

ink
07-09-2014, 01:46 PM
The point is: he's not talking. He's not leading teams on. He's not creating media madness. He's just handling his business, and his agent is handling his, and when the time comes he/they will decide. Like, again, we'd hope every free agent would go about free agency.

He's talking to his agent, so he is talking. His agent is talking to the press. Besides, how he handles free angency isn't my concern. It's yours. The issue I have with Lebron is the same issue that MJ, Magic, Bird, and Pat Riley have with him. He's devaluing his championships by constantly running from challenges.

He IS going down a risky path in this free agency by flirting with CLE again. I don't think he should open that pandora's box unless he's really going to do it. Common sense would tell anyone that.

Nikeman
07-09-2014, 01:47 PM
At this point, if LeBron goes back to Miami, I am sure the fans who didn't burn their LeBron jerseys will now do it.

ink
07-09-2014, 01:49 PM
He's a product of the environment that the world - specifically media world - created for him. Not even Michael Jordan - who at least was afforded a semi normal high school life and went to a few years of college and came into the league a man - can entirely relate to what type of ego complex that would create. I'd argue he handles it pretty impressively in all honesty. Most people crumble under such pressure. See: Teen Icons Of Hollywood; The Later Years.

It's chicken and egg IMO but you do have a point. I just think it's bad for the sport. I know I haven't enjoyed any of the soap opera.

ink
07-09-2014, 01:50 PM
At this point, if LeBron goes back to Miami, I am sure the fans who didn't burn their LeBron jerseys will now do it.

What I think he should have done after the finals was to suck it up and say we lost. We have a great team but we lost. We'll be better next year.

Jamiecballer
07-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Riley challenged him. Telling him the right thing to do is gut it out and to not run for the first door out when things get tough. We are all going to see what he's made of w/ the decision he makes. I predict he flees once more. Why would he take this long to make a decision other wise. Lebron ran to Wade & Bosh, he loses, can't take the heat so he'll bolt once more. This is the sort of gutless,coward he is. Come @ me bro :cool:
Hope that was cathartic because it had nothing to do with what I said.

Jamiecballer
07-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Ink when you decide you don't like someone there is no one more petty and vindictive on this site than you.

ink
07-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Ink when you decide you don't like someone there is no one more petty and vindictive on this site than you.

This is pretty perplexing considering what I've actually said. Your comment was considerably more petty and vindictive than anything I've written. Not to mention that it was a personal attack against another poster which is against the rules.

Rather than attacking me, show me what I have said that his own gm and several HOFers haven't said.

I don't dislike Lebron or Kobe or any of these other "stars", I don't like what they're DOING. This is a forum correct so this is the place to make those points.

Jamiecballer
07-09-2014, 08:16 PM
This is pretty perplexing considering what I've actually said. Your comment was considerably more petty and vindictive than anything I've ever said. Not to mention that it was a personal attack against another poster.

Rather than attacking me, show me what I have said that his own gm and several HOFers haven't said.

I don't dislike Lebron or Kobe or any of these other "stars", I don't like what they're DOING. This is a forum correct so this is the place to make those points.
ManRam already pointed it out. you started ranting about one thing, and when it was pointed out that what you were saying was complete nonsense - that James is somehow doing something wrong by exploring his options - you changed course and started ranting about something completely different.

You have every right to hate the man but for the love of god just man up and say it.

ink
07-09-2014, 08:23 PM
This is pretty perplexing considering what I've actually said. Your comment was considerably more petty and vindictive than anything I've ever said. Not to mention that it was a personal attack against another poster.

ManRam already pointed it out. you started ranting about one thing, and when it was pointed out that what you were saying was complete nonsense - that James is somehow doing something wrong by exploring his options - you changed course and started ranting about something completely different.

You have every right to hate the man but for the love of god just man up and say it.

Read my posts. There's no ranting, I haven't changed course, don't hate the guy but I seriously question what he's doing, as do the peers and professionals who work with him. I've made the same points here throughout that his own gm made. You don't have to agree. You are in fact the one who is attacking and ranting. Now that you've attacked twice how about moving on and getting back to the topic, which is the risk he takes in alienating CLE once again. If he goes to CLE he will likely alienate MIA fans but that would be another thread, maybe they'd be fine about it since they benefitted from him leaving CLE in the first place.

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 08:47 PM
He loves attention, that hasn't changed, he could have made it public tonight.

Jamiecballer
07-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Read my posts. There's no ranting, I haven't changed course, don't hate the guy but I seriously question what he's doing, as do the peers and professionals who work with him. I've made the same points here throughout that his own gm made. You don't have to agree. You are in fact the one who is attacking and ranting. Now that you've attacked twice how about moving on and getting back to the topic, which is the risk he takes in alienating CLE once again. If he goes to CLE he will likely alienate MIA fans but that would be another thread, maybe they'd be fine about it since they benefitted from him leaving CLE in the first place.
Oh I see. You're like the Ali of posters - just ducking and weaving. ;)

3ballbomber
07-09-2014, 09:15 PM
The "legacial" ramifications??? That's genuinely facepalm worthy man. We have to stop being such pawns for these guys' ridiculous egos. I seriously couldn't care less about Lebron's "legacial" ramifications, nor do I care about his free agency "decisions". What he should have learned was not to run away when things get difficult. His approach appalls me quite frankly, that the player who wants to be the best in league history doesn't even have the intestinal fortitude to stick with the team that bought, him 2 championships and 4 rings in 4 years. What I hoped he might learn would be that he is not above the game. He was absolutely schooled in this point -- that a team is more important than the individuals -- in the finals this year but he was unable to learn.

I've said it before & felt that Lebron's all but gone but can't quite escape and get his bags out of Miami. Riley is putting pressure on him to stay, otherwise he would have bolted earlier. If he really wanted to stay in Miami he would have made that decision by now.........

...........But because he never really had any struggles & heart breaks apart from that Dallas loss in their first season he has no passion to gut things out. Lebron & the rest of the Heat never really whent through rough times together. This is what happens w/ bought teams & when you buy championships - it's all empty awards & at the end of the day you lose one finals you don't have the close connection w/ your team mates to be able to gut it out and go at the world together for retribution & revenge. This is Lebrons and Miami's true championship moment!!! that loss v Spurs is what makes elite players and elite teams GREAT. You can't fabricate this situation for them and should put the fire in your belly and hunger in your heart. This is the loss, heartbreak & hardship that makes a true champion out of players & teams.

This is why if Lebron flees once more and it doesn't matter that it may be back to the Cavs....it proves further that Lebron is a Gutless, Coward who always wants things handed to him. For Fans sake you best hope he stays in Miami or it's going to not look good at all for Lebron :speechless:

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 09:27 PM
It is only risky if he stays in the Heat.

ink
07-09-2014, 09:55 PM

I've said it before & felt that Lebron's all but gone but can't quite escape and get his bags out of Miami. Riley is putting pressure on him to stay, otherwise he would have bolted earlier. If he really wanted to stay in Miami he would have made that decision by now.........

...........But because he never really had any struggles & heart breaks apart from that Dallas loss in their first season he has no passion to gut things out. Lebron & the rest of the Heat never really whent through rough times together. This is what happens w/ bought teams & when you buy championships - it's all empty awards & at the end of the day you lose one finals you don't have the close connection w/ your team mates to be able to gut it out and go at the world together for retribution & revenge. This is Lebrons and Miami's true championship moment!!! that loss v Spurs is what makes elite players and elite teams GREAT. You can't fabricate this situation for them and should put the fire in your belly and hunger in your heart. This is the loss, heartbreak & hardship that makes a true champion out of players & teams.
:

Hearing from Riley and previously from HOFers on this sealed it for me. The entire point of competition is competing, meeting insurmountable challenges face on. The high actually comes from toughing it out.

The Spurs suffered a devastating defeat last year and all it did was redouble their desire to beat their nemesis, the Heat. And they crushed them. Lebron could do the same thing.

So that's one point. The other is that he teased CLE before and it IS in fact risky that's he teasing them and MIA again. One of those two markets will feel betrayed again.

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 10:13 PM
I doubt Miami acts like Cleveland did in 2010.

ryang
07-10-2014, 02:23 AM
How is he teasing Cleveland? He had his agent meet with the Cavs among other teams. That's it. He can't sign till today. He hasn't uttered a word. The media and "sources" are teasing Cleveland. Not Lebron.

Nikeman
07-10-2014, 02:37 AM
How is he teasing Cleveland? He had his agent meet with the Cavs among other teams. That's it. He can't sign till today. He hasn't uttered a word. The media and "sources" are teasing Cleveland. Not Lebron.

But if LeBron returns to Miami, you really think Cleveland fans hate the media and sources?? or LeBron? be reasonable bro

ryang
07-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Stupid ignorant people can hate whoever they want. Lebron has done nothing wrong so far this free agency. He hasn't led the Cavs or that city to believe anything. Look at the facts. He hasn't even met with the Cavs in person. He has said nothing. What's there to hate? Media is the only people leading anybody on. People who have a brain will understand this

Nikeman
07-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Stupid ignorant people can hate whoever they want. Lebron has done nothing wrong so far this free agency. He hasn't led the Cavs or that city to believe anything. Look at the facts. He hasn't even met with the Cavs in person. He has said nothing. What's there to hate? Media is the only people leading anybody on. People who have a brain will understand this

Sports fans don't have brains man. If they did, baseball fans wouldn't beat the **** out of each other. Sports bring out the worst in people, and logic isn't something associated with sports.

ink
07-10-2014, 06:29 AM

You realize that the talks have been confirmed by Woj, right? He's as credible a source as they get. You're also assuming hate and stupidity just because you disagree. Shaky premise.

JordansBulls
07-10-2014, 08:51 AM
I think if Lebron is going to go elsewhere from Miami he should simply go play in the NFL for a year and then come back to the league and then no one has any dibs on him.

Crackadalic
07-10-2014, 09:04 AM
The media once again building up something out of nothing

If he goes there cool. If he goes to Miami cool.

If the Cav fans are worried about getting heartbroken I think they need to reassess there life on something more important then a player who may or may not come back to there favorite team

ManRam
07-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Ink,

Do you remember Tim Duncan's courtship in 2000? The guy went to Orlando with Grant Hill where he was catered to, whined and dined and partied it up with Magic officials for days (some reports say a week). The Magic did everything they could, and Tim ate it up. He was very public about it. They went to Disney World. The Magic put up billboards. They brought in Tiger Woods. He took 11 days to make that decision after visiting Orlando because he admitted it was a very tough one to make. ELEVEN DAYS. He talked about after he signed that he stayed in San Antonio because he thought he had a better chance to win there with Robinson and the cap space they had. Ultimately he said he had to make the decision that was best for him and his career. Because, despite what you say, these aren't small decisions these free agents are making.

The only point: whatever it is LeBron is doing now is neither unprecedented nor excessive. Tim Duncan did this stuff (by "this stuff" I don't mean what LeBron is actually really doing...just some of the stuff he's getting criticized for)! Almost 15 years ago! Hell, he himself isn't even meeting with teams nor is he talking about anything at all. What more do we want? Him to make a decision quicker to satiate our restlessness? Nah. If you're upset that he's even considering leaving Miami that's fine. But again, you could have just stated that clearly and saved the conjecture.

Another decent quote....

Almost never has been anything like it. But that's on the fans, not him....at least no directly.

ink
07-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Ink,

Do you remember Tim Duncan's courtship in 2000? The guy went to Orlando with Grant Hill where he was catered to, whined and dined and partied it up with Magic officials for days (some reports say a week). The Magic did everything they could, and Tim ate it up. He was very public about it. They went to Disney World. The Magic put up billboards. They brought in Tiger Woods. He took 11 days to make that decision after visiting Orlando because he admitted it was a very tough one to make. ELEVEN DAYS. He talked about after he signed that he stayed in San Antonio because he thought he had a better chance to win there with Robinson and the cap space they had. Ultimately he said he had to make the decision that was best for him and his career. Because, despite what you say, these aren't small decisions these free agents are making.

The only point: whatever it is LeBron is doing now is neither unprecedented nor excessive. Tim Duncan did this stuff (by "this stuff" I don't mean what LeBron is actually really doing...just some of the stuff he's getting criticized for)! Almost 15 years ago! Hell, he himself isn't even meeting with teams nor is he talking about anything at all. What more do we want? Him to make a decision quicker to satiate our restlessness? Nah. If you're upset that he's even considering leaving Miami that's fine. But again, you could have just stated that clearly and saved the conjecture.

Another decent quote....

Almost never has been anything like it. But that's on the fans, not him....at least no directly.

Respectfully man ram, because I do respect your posting, you're talking about having the right to free agency, I'm not. The difference in your example is simple: Duncan did this ONCE. The thread is about Lebron going down a path of getting CLE fans hopes up AGAIN. I'm saying if he has to do that, he better be careful. Because this is the SECOND time. It's really no more complex than that. And by careful I mean that if he (or if you prefer, his agent) flirts with CLE, he better follow through and go there. Otherwise he's just dicking people around. Surely he has had a sense of his choice for a long time.

Remember, I'm not talking about free agency. I'm talking about the fact that the FIRST time he did this it exploded all over everyone, so that is what makes this time so volatile. You can't say this is just a free agency wooing like any other, you have to acknowledge the context. The first time around was a massive screwup. That is the game changer for THIS SECOND TIME around.

Additionally I think he needs to stick with it somewhere and work through adversity. Just like his GM has very publicly stated.

I've said the same things all along. There's no hate or stupidity or hypocrisy or any of the other insulting things that have been said.its really pretty common sense.

RaiderLakersA's
07-10-2014, 12:02 PM
But if LeBron returns to Miami, you really think Cleveland fans hate the media and sources?? or LeBron? be reasonable bro

Exactly. It's the media that's jerking their chain and creating this huge firestorm. If I'm a Cleveland fan I wouldn't hate LeBron, I'd hate the media and their sources. Responsible journalism is a thing of the past I know, but the only trust that is being broken is between fans and where they're getting their information. I'd never click on an article written by any reporter than mislead me again.

ink
07-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Exactly. It's the media that's jerking their chain and creating this huge firestorm. If I'm a Cleveland fan I wouldn't hate LeBron, I'd hate the media and their sources. Responsible journalism is a thing of the past I know, but the only trust that is being broken is between fans and where they're getting their information. I'd never click on an article written by any reporter than mislead me again.

The talks have been confirmed by sources as reliable as Woj so it's very unlikely any fabricating is going on. The talks are the issue, not the silly fan and media noise. You're talking about Woj, one of the most responsible sources in the business.

ryang
07-10-2014, 12:45 PM
You realize that the talks have been confirmed by Woj, right? He's as credible a source as they get. You're also assuming hate and stupidity just because you disagree. Shaky premise.

What talks though? Lebron hasn't met with the Cavs. His agent has. To me that means he's not taking them as serious as some would think. His agent has talked a lot according to woj but he has his own agenda. There also saying bosh is going to Houston if Lebron leaves. So both will just ditch wade because woj says so even though bosh has repeatedly said the opposite all year? I haven't heard a word from any of them so I can't take "sources" or woj seriously because there credible sources. I look at what's happened since free agency started and that is nothing more then speculation

RaiderLakersA's
07-10-2014, 12:56 PM
The talks have been confirmed by sources as reliable as Woj so it's very unlikely any fabricating is going on. The talks are the issue, not the silly fan and media noise. You're talking about Woj, one of the most responsible sources in the business.

I don't see the discussions between a free agent in the market and interested teams as an issue at all. If there people that want to read more into those discussions without being privy to those conversations, then the problem lies with the persons making the leap...not with the player or his representation.

ink
07-10-2014, 12:57 PM

What talks though? Lebron hasn't met with the Cavs. His agent has. To me that means he's not taking them as serious as some would think. His agent has talked a lot according to woj but he has his own agenda. There also saying bosh is going to Houston if Lebron leaves. So both will just ditch wade because woj says so even though bosh has repeatedly said the opposite all year? I haven't heard a word from any of them so I can't take "sources" or woj seriously because there credible sources. I look at what's happened since free agency started and that is nothing more then speculation

An agent is the rep of the athlete. He's his proxy.

Do you think he meets without direction from his client? So, knowing that Gus agent is meeting confirms there is discussion, dialogue, talks.

ink
07-10-2014, 01:03 PM

I don't see the discussions between a free agent in the market and interested teams as an issue at all. If there people that want to read more into those discussions without being privy to those conversations, then the problem lies with the persons making the leap...not with the player or his representation.

Given the previous Decision fiasco it's reasonable that people would start threads like this. Like it or not this second free agency by Lebron is going to be looked at differently. I see nothing at all wrong with that considering how he botched things the first time. If you don't think he botched anything then I guess I see why you want to minimize this now. Basically he made his bed.

ryang
07-10-2014, 01:17 PM

Do you think he meets without direction from his client? So, knowing that Gus agent is meeting confirms there is discussion, dialogue, talks.

Your missing my point. I do think there talked. As far as I know Lebron has yet to meet with the Cavs in person. He also said he is done meeting with teams. How do you go to Cleveland without meeting the new coach? Gm? Etc. agents spew out nonsense on a daily basis. That's part of the job.

Kenny Powders
07-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Your missing my point. I do think there talked. As far as I know Lebron has yet to meet with the Cavs in person. He also said he is done meeting with teams. How do you go to Cleveland without meeting the new coach? Gm? Etc. agents spew out nonsense on a daily basis. That's part of the job.

That's the thing, no one knows if he met with the Cavs. Your argument holds no water.

Gibby23
07-10-2014, 01:27 PM

His agent also met with the Suns, Mavs, and Lakers, but Lebron has only met with the Heat. He hasnít even talked to the Cavs by all the reports you are talking about. He did meet with the heat in person. He isnít doing anything to the Cavs or their fans if he doesnít go there, they are getting their own hopes up and buying into what other people outside of Lebron are telling the media.

ryang
07-10-2014, 01:41 PM
That's the thing, no one knows if he met with the Cavs. Your argument holds no water.

We know he met with Riley but we don't know if he met with the Cavs? I take that as he has not. I heard his agent has but not him. My argument is Lebron can't be hated for saying nothing. If you feel otherwise then your either a Cavs fan or your just nervous he's coming back to miami

ink
07-10-2014, 01:52 PM
We know he met with Riley but we don't know if he met with the Cavs? I take that as he has not. I heard his agent has but not him. My argument is Lebron can't be hated for saying nothing. If you feel otherwise then your either a Cavs fan or your just nervous he's coming back to miami

Lebron isn't being hated. It's a discussion thread saying he needs to tread very lightly because of the 2010 fiasco. Yes, he's being more discreet but that's not entirely the point. If he and/or his agent are flirting with CLE, however privately, and reputable journalists like Woj are reporting it, he could be in for some major flack if he doesn't follow through and go to CLE this time. The relationship between him and CLE, because of precedent, is volatile.

You understand how volatile that particular relationship is, right? If you do, then you realize the OP's point is simple and legit.

ryang
07-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Have no problem with the discussion. Simply saying he can't be hated for listening through his agent to what the Cavs have to say. If he stays in Miami and the hate him for listening and not speaking then to me tha proves its blind hate and he made the right choice not going back there

ryang
07-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Today is the first day he can actual sign with a team. Why does he owe it to anyone to announce it before it can be official? He hasn't said anything. He hasn't met with the Cavs. He simply has stayed away from it all. Should he make statements? That would be a lot closer to walking that line so to speak. If this drags into next week then I could see people getting upset. It's the first day. No need to hate anyone.

Oefarmy2005
07-10-2014, 02:01 PM
If he wants to win another chip, Cleveland is the better destination. Hypothetically, KLove and Irving are >> Bosh and Wade, at least in my opinion.

ryang
07-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Not in my opinion. Lmao. It's not easy to win with a big 3 and no depth. Kyrie and love are not up there yet. Maybe they can get there but they certainly are not yet.

McFL
07-10-2014, 02:26 PM
As a Heat fan before LeBron joined the team, I will not be bitter in the least if he went back to his hometown team. If he feels like he owes them something, or if he just wants to do it for himself, I would say good luck in the future and thanks for a great 4 years! I liked watching him play before he came and I will continue to watch when he leaves. IMO, I don't feel he owes any of us anything, Cavs fans or Heat fans. He is a free agent and is free to go where he chooses. I think that he has a better chance in Miami at continuing to win than he will in Cleveland, at least in the first year or two as they are raw. My only hope is that he makes his decision sooner rather than later so Riley has time to regroup if he decides to leave.

RaiderLakersA's
07-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Given the previous Decision fiasco it's reasonable that people would start threads like this. Like it or not this second free agency by Lebron is going to be looked at differently. I see nothing at all wrong with that considering how he botched things the first time. If you don't think he botched anything then I guess I see why you want to minimize this now. Basically he made his bed.

If LeBron's team had truly made its bed the Cavs organization would continue to treat him as a pariah, brand name "null and void." They are not. As such, the onus falls to the Cavs organization to address their fans and adherents in order to manage expectations. That's not LeBron's job.

LeBron is simply an actor in a free market seeking to maximize his value. It's only good business to listen to pitches from every bidder for his services.

If this basic concept is too difficult for fans to grasp, then they should take up another pasttime for the summer.

ink
07-10-2014, 04:23 PM
If articles like this one on the front page of PSD are accurate, Lebron is about to announce that he's going to the Cavs - http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/lebron-to-rejoin-cavs-will-be-announced-on-his-web-site-before-he-leaves-for-world-cup--312401.html . In that case, glad that's over and he respected CLE. Some might not think that's important but many do.

steelcityroller
07-10-2014, 06:14 PM
I hope he goes to the Titans.

He would start at quarterback week 1 guaranteed....

Nikeman
07-10-2014, 06:24 PM
http://media.newsnet5.com/livestreampage

There is a god damn live feed outside lebron's cleveland home

Chucky Woods
07-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Not in my opinion. Lmao. It's not easy to win with a big 3 and no depth. Kyrie and love are not up there yet. Maybe they can get there but they certainly are not yet.Kyrie is right up there with the best PG's in the league and he's 22, Love is the best PF in the NBA and has the perfect skill set to complement Lebron's game, and oh he's also 25. It's really no contest... If i'm Lebron and the Love trade happens its quite honestly an easy decision.

Jamiecballer
07-10-2014, 07:49 PM
If articles like this one on the front page of PSD are accurate, Lebron is about to announce that he's going to the Cavs - http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/lebron-to-rejoin-cavs-will-be-announced-on-his-web-site-before-he-leaves-for-world-cup--312401.html . In that case, glad that's over and he respected CLE. Some might not think that's important but many do.
I'm on my phone - how did he respect the cavs?

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Not in my opinion. Lmao. It's not easy to win with a big 3 and no depth. Kyrie and love are not up there yet. Maybe they can get there but they certainly are not yet.

1) What has Wade done?
2) Frontcourt of Varejao/Tristan>Bosh/Anderson
3) Wiggins anyone?
4) David Platt is by far better than Erik. He was arguably the best coach at Euro ball and is known for his offensive schemes - something that Irving and James can dominate at.
5) Waiters, Thompson, Irving, Varejao, Wiggins or Wade, Bosh, Granger, and McRobrets? I don't think there is a debate. Not to mention Cavs can TRADE Wiggins for Love... And we all know what a trio of Irving-James-Love can do.

ryang
07-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Yea lose in the playoffs. Some of you are hilarious. If James went home its to apologize to Cleveland. Winning a title in Cleveland? Right. Kyrie is not a top pg in this league. You wanna say yet then that's fine. Varejao is hurt and old. Love isn't a member of the Cavs yet and is he really better then bosh? I disagree but that's my opinion. The coach is better because euro ball achievements? Lmao. I guess the rest of the league wanted him to but only Cleveland could land him. Smh. Sad sad people

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Yea lose in the playoffs. Some of you are hilarious. If James went home its to apologize to Cleveland. Winning a title in Cleveland? Right. Kyrie is not a top pg in this league. You wanna say yet then that's fine. Varejao is hurt and old. Love isn't a member of the Cavs yet and is he really better then bosh? I disagree but that's my opinion. The coach is better because euro ball achievements? Lmao. I guess the rest of the league wanted him to but only Cleveland could land him. Smh. Sad sad people

1) Varejao is hurt and old but averaged 8/10..
2) Kyrie isn't a top PG? It's a stacked position.. To say he isn't a top PG is a joke.
3) Is Love really better than Bosh? Why would you even ask this?
4) You don't even know who Platt is so I'm pretty sure you're basing this off of nothing.

Meanwhile in Miami..

1) Wade is hobbled. Takes 1/3rd of the season off only to suck in the Finals.
2) Bosh averages 6 rebounds a game.. Practically stands at the 3 point line all 48 minutes.
3) Spo can't coach. Decides to take Chalmers out at game 5 and inserts Beasley randomly. Those are his adjustments.
4) Wade/Bosh want how much? Combined what? 25 points a game in the Finals and they expect at least $34 million combined? They got outplayed by Manu/Duncan respectively.. and Manu/Duncan make $17,000,000 combined for next season - half of what Wade/Bosh are projectively asking for. Again, they were OUTPLAYED by two players who make half their salary.
5) Who have you guys attracted so far in free agency? Miami's front office have been outplayed by Cavs. Let's look at what Cavs has done. They drafted Wiggins and despite it being due to them having so many picks, they still have the picks Miami gave them four years ago. So far, you guys got Granger and McRoberts. Cavs removed Jack off their roster and are also willing to let go of Wiggins for Love. Seriously - what has Miami done that can seriously convince LeBron?

ink
07-10-2014, 08:26 PM

Please stop with the insults ok?

ryang
07-10-2014, 08:31 PM
1) Varejao is hurt and old but averaged 8/10..
2) Kyrie isn't a top PG? It's a stacked position.. To say he isn't a top PG is a joke.
3) Is Love really better than Bosh? Why would you even ask this?
4) You don't even know who Platt is so I'm pretty sure you're basing this off of nothing.

Meanwhile in Miami..

1) Wade is hobbled. Takes 1/3rd of the season off only to suck in the Finals.
2) Bosh averages 6 rebounds a game.. Practically stands at the 3 point line all 48 minutes.
3) Spo can't coach. Decides to take Chalmers out at game 5 and inserts Beasley randomly. Those are his adjustments.
4) Wade/Bosh want how much? Combined what? 25 points a game in the Finals and they expect at least $34 million combined? They got outplayed by Manu/Duncan respectively.. and Manu/Duncan make $17,000,000 combined for next season - half of what Wade/Bosh are projectively asking for. Again, they were OUTPLAYED by two players who make half their salary.
5) Who have you guys attracted so far in free agency? Miami's front office have been outplayed by Cavs. Let's look at what Cavs has done. They drafted Wiggins and despite it being due to them having so many picks, they still have the picks Miami gave them four years ago. So far, you guys got Granger and McRoberts. Cavs removed Jack off their roster and are also willing to let go of Wiggins for Love. Seriously - what has Miami done that can seriously convince LeBron?

What has Cleveland done besides dump salaries and draft wiggins?
You got me on spo. I don't like him at all. Never have
Wade played like crap in te finals. True. But he played well up to that point and the spurs flat out were whooping on us even if wade averaged 25.
Riley hasn't even started building his team. What have the Cavs done besides say we might get love?
Love is not that much better then bosh if at all. Bosh plays his role on this team. He has helped win titles. He balled out in Toronto. So what has love done so much better? What there stays last year? Number one option vs the number 3 options stats. Compare stats when he was the star.

ryang
07-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Please stop with the insults ok?

No problem.

bucketss
07-10-2014, 08:39 PM
http://media.newsnet5.com/livestreampage

There is a god damn live feed outside lebron's cleveland home

dude has got to be the most obsessed over player in nba history.

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 08:44 PM
What has Cleveland done besides dump salaries and draft wiggins?
You got me on spo. I don't like him at all. Never have
Wade played like crap in te finals. True. But he played well up to that point and the spurs flat out were whooping on us even if wade averaged 25.
Riley hasn't even started building his team. What have the Cavs done besides say we might get love?
Love is not that much better then bosh if at all. Bosh plays his role on this team. He has helped win titles. He balled out in Toronto. So what has love done so much better? What there stays last year? Number one option vs the number 3 options stats. Compare stats when he was the star.

1) Still more than what Miami has done over the years.
2) The reason Wade sat 1/3rd of the season was to prepare to win a championship - not get past a meaningless Charlotte/Brooklyn squad and against a mentally challenged Pacers squad.
3) Riley hasn't even started? He tried to get Lowry, Deng, and countless others. Point is they don't have the funds to get the big names because Bosh/Wade are commanding too much. They need more than what their funds can pay.
4) I really don't have much to say if you think Love isn't better than Bosh. I could make a poll and 90% would probably choose Love. It's just not even worth debating. Bosh plays his role - which is stretching the floor. That's the only purpose he's there for. He's not known for defense, is he? So what does he do besides stretch the floor? He's not a great rebounder, not a great passer, and certainly not a great scorer as of late. He's more contempt with shooting a a mid-range shot and the three pointer rather than bang it out in the paint. HE HIMSELF stated that he doesn't want to play in the paint. It's why Miami gets destroyed in the paint against every team. He balled out in Toronto but that was different Bosh - one who played in the paint and rarely shot threes.

Cavs already have a deal for Love and it is in place contingent LeBron signs with the Cavs.

ryang
07-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Still more? 4 conference championships and 2 titles. With quote on quote scrubs. Are you joking?
Love is better? By how much? If love was our starting center how'd you think that go? Bosh should be at the 4. Don't compare those two. Bosh has been a great number one option and he's played his role down here just fine. He's not a center. No kidding. We knew that well before he came here.
Riley has tried to sign everyone? Really. Have a source for that?
Wade and bosh command to much? They just opted out of 20 a year respectively. What makes you think there going to sign for 20 again? Once Lebron decides , if that place is Miami you'll see Riley fill out the roster just fine.
Back to lowery etc. anyone who thought those were realistic options is confused. Lowery was never coming to Miami. He needed his payday. Did gasol, deng, Nelson etc sign anywhere yet? Who's to say the Heat don't get one of them? You? Broussard? Give me a break

NBA_Starter
07-10-2014, 09:07 PM
And the world waits..

ryang
07-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Also the Cavs have a trade ready for love? Only Teams like Cleveland will make that known. Riley on the other hand could have 12 trades waiting and you wouldn't hear a dam thing about it.

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Still more? 4 conference championships and 2 titles. With quote on quote scrubs. Are you joking?
Love is better? By how much? If love was our starting center how'd you think that go? Bosh should be at the 4. Don't compare those two. Bosh has been a great number one option and he's played his role down here just fine. He's not a center. No kidding. We knew that well before he came here.
Riley has tried to sign everyone? Really. Have a source for that?
Wade and bosh command to much? They just opted out of 20 a year respectively. What makes you think there going to sign for 20 again? Once Lebron decides , if that place is Miami you'll see Riley fill out the roster just fine.
Back to lowery etc. anyone who thought those were realistic options is confused. Lowery was never coming to Miami. He needed his payday. Did gasol, deng, Nelson etc sign anywhere yet? Who's to say the Heat don't get one of them? You? Broussard? Give me a break

1) tried to sign Lowry, Lowry got a better offer from Toronto. Tried to sign Deng, Deng said he's not taking much lower than he can get. Tried to get Gortat, no bite. Point is, Miami has not been able to get key pieces that can actually take Miami over the edge. Teams have caught up to them while Miami slows down.
2) Let's make a poll and see how many agree on Love vs Bosh, shall we? If you think Bosh's performance warrants $18 million, please provide some arguments. He got beat by Duncan, Hibbert, West, and Al Jefferson. All four series, he would have been beaten down and embarrassed - if Brook Lopez played. It's funny when people talk about Bosh, the only thing they can say is he grabbed an offensive rebound. You wanna know why Miami needs their bench to improve? Because Wade/Bosh are not good enough. Bosh isn't a center so instead, they pay someone $18 million to stand in the three point line? Ever thought for a second that James isn't resigning with Miami because he knows Bosh/Wade isn't enough? James can sign with Miami knowing Wade/Bosh will resign as well. Why isn't he? BECAUSE he knows Wade/Bosh is not enough to win jack.
3) I said Wade/Bosh are trying to resign for probably $35 million. Bosh according to sources wanted a $18 million per year. How low do you think he's going to go? Wade isn't going to demand much less. He's spoken on many terms that he has to start thinking about this as a business move. But I'll give it the benefit of a doubt and say Wade takes $15 and Bosh takes $15. LeBron takes the max which is $21? How much room does Miami really have to improve their roster? We all know Wade/Bosh/Bron is not enough, yet they take up 85% of the cap space?
4) Nelson...? Really? You think he's going to make a huge impact for Miami. Let's put it this way. A source close to LeBron (An NBA player close to LeBron) said that LeBron will scoff at McRoberts/Granger's signing. What can Miami do NOW? Not after LeBron gets there. He wanted a blueprint now and Cleveland certainly has a better one than Miami.

Use some legitimate arguments, please. And you shouldn't get too emotional with your posts.

NBA_Starter
07-10-2014, 09:34 PM
That statement is a little low.

goingfor28
07-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Love is a much better player than Bosh. That's not even debatable

beasted86
07-10-2014, 09:36 PM
1) What has Wade done?
2) Frontcourt of Varejao/Tristan>Bosh/Anderson
3) Wiggins anyone?
4) David Platt is by far better than Erik. He was arguably the best coach at Euro ball and is known for his offensive schemes - something that Irving and James can dominate at.
5) Waiters, Thompson, Irving, Varejao, Wiggins or Wade, Bosh, Granger, and McRobrets? I don't think there is a debate. Not to mention Cavs can TRADE Wiggins for Love... And we all know what a trio of Irving-James-Love can do.
People are making the Cavs scrubs a household name. The mystery and potential growth sounds great, can't even deny that. But facts and results? Those guys plain suck.

Doesn't Irving/Waiters/Deng/Thompson/Hawes with Varejao and Jarrett Jack off the bench also sound solid? I mean at least make the playoffs in the weak East, no? Guess what? That team was disgustingly bad. Why all of a sudden these guys became good is beyond me. I mean that team that looks good on paper above was 7-22 against East playoff teams.

How Irving as a #1 option put up 20/6/4 on 43% shooting became so much better than Wade at 19/5/5 on 55% shooting as the #2 option is kind of confusing. I can certainly buy into the aspect of him growing to be a better and more consistent player over the next 4-5 years, but people speak as if he's already arrived and proven himself to be a better player on both ends of the floor than Wade and he will surely deliver when it comes playoff time.

I totally understand the future aspect, or LeBron simply wanting to go to his true home though. But the actual Cavs team what they have proven so far is they are plain terrible.

I'm not discussing Blatt (positive or negative) without him coaching an NBA game, or the fantasy trade scenarios of guys they don't have. The Cavs roster they actually have right now stinks because those are the same exact guys that won 33 games, except they added Wiggins.

NBA_Starter
07-10-2014, 09:37 PM
So Irving sucks?

ryang
07-10-2014, 09:37 PM
And besides Espn who said Lebron wants the max? Not Lebron. What his agent told other teams he wants the max? On top of not meeting with those teams in person? That tells me he isn't seriously considering leaving.

ryang
07-10-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm simply saying Riley did not meet lowery or gortat. Lebron has not once publicly said I want the max. Don't let speculation turn into facts in your head. Bosh and love would be the same person on a big 3 scenario. What are the numbers when bosh was alone? Now compare to love who's alone

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Not emotional. Typing on a phone so I keep it short.
Make a poll. If you won that be like saying your the smartest kid with Down syndrome. This is psd. Half the people here have no clue.
You keep saying sources. Who? When did Riley strike out on lowery? They didn't even meet. CHeck your sources. He didn't meet with gortat either. Again find something that backs up your statements. Just because Espn says the heat are pushing for lowery doesn't mean they did.
You think everyone has caught up but 4 finals in a row winning two of the past three. The spurs won. Congrats. That doesn't mean this team is done. Lol. What do you think last years spurs team would do to the Cavs even with love? Same thing would have happened. What kyrie is ready to be wade once Lebron gets there? Lmao. Not a chance. Love can do what bosh does. Never disagreed there. If anything he grab more boards. That's about it. If he was a center playing next to barrier or Lewis he would look the same a bosh.
My point is simple. The Cavs have done nothing. They missed on last years pick and we have yet to see wiggins play. Kyrie is not a top 10 player like wade was during there title wins. Simply is not there yet. Love is guaranteed to be that much better then bosh under a big 3 circumstance? I guess that's your opinion but you can't prove that. Just sit back and watch. Lebron isnt leaving. If he does leave for that confused front office in Cleveland I will laugh as wade retires with more rings then Lebron.

When did I say Pat met with them? The point is he tried and nothing has worked. He settled for McBob and Granger but who is really there that makes LeBron say "FINALLY SOME HELP"? Wade was a top 10 player in 2011-2013? That's news to me. He certainly didn't play like it. Kyrie right now is better than Wade. You have to be a fool to not take Irving over Wade. Wade without Bron, would be funny to see him score 20 points. Love can do more than what Bosh does. He shoots at a higher percentage at three (Essentially what Bosh does so he already beats him at Bosh's primary role), but he also has a better back to the basket game - something Miami needs. He's also a much better rebounder. Can you tell me what Bosh does better than Love at? He's a better pick-up defender but he gets absolutely manhandled in the paint. The Cavs have done nothing.. What? Look at their roster presently. You can't tell me Miami has a better roster with Wade/Bosh/Granger/McBob. Wiggins is young but you know how many teams would take him for their prized player? Wiggins hasn't played a game yet but his value is still off the roof. Kyrie may not be a top 10 player but he's only 22 with a huge upside. Him being paired with Bron will certainly help his game. You keep bringing up Spurs and act as if Miami went through some serious competition. They went through Charlotte (who didn't have a 100% Jefferson) and even if they did, it was expected for Miami to sweep them or win in 5. Against Brooklyn (who didn't have Brook Lopez), there was no reason for Miami to lose. People can say Brooklyn season swept them but playoffs are a different matter. Against Pacers (who Hawks took to 7?), you can't really say they were an amazing team. They had a lot of issues that were unsettled and are still unsettled. It's why Pacers are trying to find Hibbert a new team. So all in all, you beat a Pacers team that most likely would be a 6th seed in the West. Spurs really handled you guys.. and they aren't going away. No way Miami beats this Spurs team - who I pick to escape West again.

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 09:45 PM
People are making the Cavs scrubs a household name. The mystery and potential growth sounds great, can't even deny that. But facts and results? Those guys plain suck.

Doesn't Irving/Waiters/Deng/Thompson/Hawes with Varejao and Jarrett Jack off the bench also sound solid? I mean at least make the playoffs in the weak East, no? Guess what? That team was disgustingly bad. Why all of a sudden these guys became good is beyond me. I mean that team that looks good on paper above was 7-22 against East playoff teams.

How Irving as a #1 option put up 20/6/4 on 43% shooting became so much better than Wade at 19/5/5 on 55% shooting as the #2 option is kind of confusing. I can certainly buy into the aspect of him growing to be a better and more consistent player over the next 4-5 years, but people speak as if he's already arrived and proven himself to be a better player on both ends of the floor than Wade and he will surely deliver when it comes playoff time.

I totally understand the future aspect, or LeBron simply wanting to go to his true home though. But the actual Cavs team what they have proven so far is they are plain terrible.

I'm not discussing Blatt (positive or negative) without him coaching an NBA game, or the fantasy trade scenarios of guys they don't have. The Cavs roster they actually have right now stinks because those are the same exact guys that won 33 games, except they added Wiggins.

1) And do you think Wade without James would be able to shoot 55% from the floor? As a matter of fact, does Wade even play 82 games instead of 55? Seriously, take into consideration that Cavs as a whole will benefit off LeBron's presence.

I'm simply saying Riley did not meet lowery or gortat. Lebron has not once publicly said I want the max. Don't let speculation turn into facts in your head. Bosh and love would be the same person on a big 3 scenario. What are the numbers when bosh was alone? Now compare to love who's alone

Because Rich Paul is the one attending the meetings for Bron. LeBron has been quiet this free agency... He hasn't said one thing this free agency. Bosh and Love would be the same player if placed in the same situation.. Lol. Pretty sure Love doesn't average 6 rebounds, LOL.

ryang
07-10-2014, 09:48 PM
The Cavs aren't beating the spurs either with those unproven youngsters.
You lost all credibility when you said kyrie is better then wade. More up side now that wade is older? Yes but last year when wade played (kyrie is hurt a lot to) he was just fine. Stop saying we beat nobody. We won the east. That's all we can do. Obviously this is going no where. Plenty of basketball executives completely disagree with you. Maybe Broussard agrees with you. Love is not that much better then bosh. Compare the stats. Bosh is playing the system. Love is the system. Big difference. I wouldn't trade bosh for love. Don't know many people who would. But again he can do what bosh does. Will he do it in the playoffs like bosh? Who knows. He's not there much. Lmao

beasted86
07-10-2014, 09:51 PM
1) And do you think Wade without James would be able to shoot 55% from the floor? As a matter of fact, does Wade even play 82 games instead of 55? Seriously, take into consideration that Cavs as a whole will benefit off LeBron's presence.

Here's the problem though. People aren't talking about the Cavs as fitting better around James. They aren't talking about the future potential of the team either. You, and others, are stating that the team it already has better players in comparison to the HEAT.

Do you really think if LeBron had a season ending injury after the first game of last season the HEAT only win 33 games? I know you're not saying that. The HEAT without their best player last year is better than the Cavs at their full strength. Wade would have played more than 54 games if he was the shared #1/2 option with Bosh but would have probably been terrible through the late half of the season reminiscent to some of the Pacer players decline.

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Here's the problem though. People aren't talking about the Cavs as fitting better around James. They aren't talking about the future potential of the team either. You, and others, are stating that the team it already has better players in comparison to the HEAT.

Do you really think if LeBron had a season ending injury after the first game of last season the HEAT only win 33 games? I know you're not saying that. The HEAT without their best player last year is better than the Cavs at their full strength. Wade would have played more than 54 games if he was the shared #1/2 option with Bosh but would have probably been terrible through the late half of the season reminiscent to some of the Pacer players decline.

I'm pretty sure we're all talking about the roster in terms of LeBron fitting in. Read back in another thread where I have said Tristan Thompson/Varejao are better than Andersen/Bosh and countless of other aspects that occur. And you can't judge it that way. Cleveland had a lot of new changes occurring within the season. They had plenty of changes - trading for Deng midway through the season. Not to mention their coach, Mike Brown, was a dumb move by Cleveland. Wade would have played 54 games but can you imagine the attention he will get? Imagine Leonard defending Wade for the FULL game. The pressure on Wade to perform? No way he plays as efficient as he did with James. And no way Bosh stands at the three point line if James is gone.. He'll be forced to play more to the basket - which he hates. You also have to account for their potential. If James signs a contract for four years along with Wade/Bosh, he'll probably be screwed for those four years. Wade/Bosh's prime years are behind them. Irving/Thompson/Waiters/Wiggins/Bennett haven't even reached their prime. This could be the place James retires at and gives the throne to Wiggins and he'll play the veteran who can still compete for rings. Cleveland has a better future and current situation than Miami does.

Lakeshow24KB
07-10-2014, 10:13 PM
In Cleveland, Lebron can make everyone around him so much better for the long haul while in Miami it seems that everyone depends on Lebron. No one from Miami showed up in the finals yet we still saw Lebron dropping 19 in the third quarter trying to put the team on his back. However, imagine young talent like Irving and Wiggins thriving under the mentoring, coaching, and training from Lebron....especially Wiggins. That boy has all the athleticism in the World, now imagine him sharpening his skills under the best player in the world. You can't say the same about Miami, Bosh and Dwade aren't going to get any better, in fact they've only gotten worse. Who else is going to step up there? Chalmers who got benched during the Finals? Nahhh, Cleveland is way better than Miami at this point.

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 10:14 PM
In Cleveland, Lebron can make everyone around him so much better for the long haul while in Miami it seems that everyone depends on Lebron. No one from Miami showed up in the finals yet we still saw Lebron dropping 19 in the third quarter trying to put the team on his back. However, imagine young talent like Irving and Wiggins thriving under the mentoring, coaching, and training from Lebron....especially Wiggins. That boy has all the athleticism in the World, now imagine him sharpening his skills under the best player in the world. You can't say the same about Miami, Bosh and Dwade aren't going to get any better, in fact they've only gotten worse. Who else is going to step up there? Chalmers who got benched during the Finals? Nahhh, Cleveland is way better than Miami at this point.

Exactly. I can't even see why this is a debate. And some people here forget that Wiggins was drafted #1 in a very stacked draft. Heat fans trying to downplay Wiggins as if he is Kwame Brown.

beasted86
07-10-2014, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure we're all talking about the roster in terms of LeBron fitting in. Read back in another thread where I have said Tristan Thompson/Varejao are better than Andersen/Bosh and countless of other aspects that occur. And you can't judge it that way. Cleveland had a lot of new changes occurring within the season. They had plenty of changes - trading for Deng midway through the season. Not to mention their coach, Mike Brown, was a dumb move by Cleveland. Wade would have played 54 games but can you imagine the attention he will get? Imagine Leonard defending Wade for the FULL game. The pressure on Wade to perform? No way he plays as efficient as he did with James. And no way Bosh stands at the three point line if James is gone.. He'll be forced to play more to the basket - which he hates. You also have to account for their potential. If James signs a contract for four years along with Wade/Bosh, he'll probably be screwed for those four years. Wade/Bosh's prime years are behind them. Irving/Thompson/Waiters/Wiggins/Bennett haven't even reached their prime. This could be the place James retires at and gives the throne to Wiggins and he'll play the veteran who can still compete for rings. Cleveland has a better future and current situation than Miami does.
First, you make no sense. You clearly just said that Thompson and Varejao are better players than Bosh + Andersen. Even if I was trying to believe you were putting it the other way... is there really a stretch 4 that fits better next to LeBron than Bosh?

Second that trade didn't come midway through the season. Deng played 63 games with the Cavs. That's MORE than enough. Even if you are trying to say that somehow they needed time to gel, and chemistry will be a problem with a young team... you are simultaneously making a case against LeBron by making that argument.

Third, now you are changing your argument. If that was the main basis for your original that the Cavs have a much brighter future, great. But you simply stated at first the Cavs have more talent and Wade and Bosh suck.

In a perfect world, LeBron simply could have opted in for 1 more season (because I think most are in agreement simply for 1 year the HEAT are probably better suited for a run this coming season), then behind closed doors told the Cavs he was planning on coming in 2015 if they proved this coming season they could adopt the new coaches system and prove playoff worthy. That's actually what I would have done, and maybe asked Carmelo to opt into the final season of his deal also. LeBron, Carmelo, Love, Millsap, Brook Lopez, Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan all free agents, and if not the Cavs, the Knicks and Lakers would have mega space to add two of these guys.

Lakeshow24KB
07-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Exactly. I can't even see why this is a debate. And some people here forget that Wiggins was drafted #1 in a very stacked draft. Heat fans trying to downplay Wiggins as if he is Kwame Brown.

Hell, Wiggins is projected to be the best pick since Lebron, and Lebron never got the chance to flourish under a mentor like how Wiggins has the chance with Lebron. That pairing along with Kyrie in the future is just a scary thought....I mean sure Lebron could stay in Miami and they could still be a top 3 team in the East, but unless he took a paycut and they sign an actual big like Greg Monroe, they'll just get blown out by whoever comes out from the West.

ManRam
07-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Ink, just curious now that we're have the luxury of hindsight: what are your thoughts on how he handled things now?

ink
07-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Ink, just curious now that we're have the luxury of hindsight: what are your thoughts on how he handled things now?

Well, taking the risk of having Lebron fans attack, I think he could have signed for a 2 year contract, no opt out. But otherwise, I hope he was sincere in his message and wasn't coached by the SI writer. He was coached by ESPN the last time and that didn't turn out so well. I hope his words can be taken at face value and he is sincere.

I'll say this again because people seem unecessarily sensitive about Lebron. There are at least a half dozen other stars that have done stupid **** lately in the NBA. They're no better. This is not an attack on anyone's favourite "superstar". Now that that's out of the way ...

I hope he follows through, just like I've been saying all along. I hope the article in SI meant that he was actually committing to CLE. He didn't have to write the article, but now that he did, and he suggested he meant it, we need to see the follow through.

Let's be clear, the only reason I care about Lebron or any other star is because I care about their effect on the league. Interestingly, after Lebron went home, several others stayed put. I do think he has an influence and this time it was positive. Credit where credit is due, but still waiting for the follow-through.

ManRam
07-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Well, taking the risk of having Lebron fans attack, I think he could have signed for a 2 year contract, no opt out. But otherwise, I hope he was sincere in his message and wasn't coached by the SI writer. He was coached by ESPN the last time and that didn't turn out so well. I hope his words can be taken at face value and he is sincere.

I'll say this again because people seem unecessarily sensitive about Lebron. There are at least a half dozen other stars that have done stupid **** lately in the NBA. They're no better. This is not an attack on anyone's favourite "superstar". Now that that's out of the way ...

I hope he follows through, just like I've been saying all along. I hope the article in SI meant that he was actually committing to CLE. He didn't have to write the article, but now that he did, and he suggested he meant it, we need to see the follow through.

Let's be clear, the only reason I care about Lebron or any other star is because I care about their effect on the league. Interestingly, after Lebron went home, several others stayed put. I do think he has an influence and this time it was positive. Credit where credit is due, but still waiting for the follow-through.

Fair enough. Unsurprisingly, I think he handled it great. Just about as perfectly as you could expect. Hanging out in Cleveland this weekend might have skewed things, because obviously they were ecstatic and full of praise with how he handled everything this time around.

I don't think there's a chance in hell he bolts after 2 years. Clearly just doing it to get a full max in two years. He's never made as much as he could...always taking less than the full max available, so he's probably just angling for that. He just can't leave. He just can't. He's all in. He's said he's all in. He's already left, explained why he left and now explained why he's returning and the commitment he's making. He had every right to leave in 2010, but he can't do it again. He'd deserve every ounce of **** if he left again. At least not after 2 years.

Did I mention, he just can't leave again? Because, he can't.

ink
07-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Fair enough. Unsurprisingly, I think he handled it great. Just about as perfectly as you could expect. Hanging out in Cleveland this weekend might have skewed things, because obviously they were ecstatic and full of praise with how he handled everything this time around.

I don't think there's a chance in hell he bolts after 2 years. Clearly just doing it to get a full max in two years. He's never made as much as he could...always taking less than the full max available, so he's probably just angling for that. He just can't leave. He just can't. He's all in. He's said he's all in. He's already left, explained why he left and now explained why he's returning and the commitment he's making. He had every right to leave in 2010, but he can't do it again. He'd deserve every ounce of **** if he left again. At least not after 2 years.

Did I mention, he just can't leave again? Because, he can't.

The upside of all this is the excitement some of those talented high draft picks, David Blatt and he are going to create. THAT is something very new. I hope you're right.

slashsnake
07-14-2014, 04:44 PM
I get that they have hope. But they are still based just on that. They have a very good player in Kyrie Irving sure. Then they have hope. People state Wiggins was the best player picked since Lebron? I don't remember the Lebron/Milicic argument only being settled by an injury (Embiid). And even after that injury you had as many of the top mock drafts calling Parker the #1 pick as Wiggins. The only consensus was he was top three. I'd call this the clearest #1 since... Anthony Davis?

Bennett? Didn't he come off arguably the worst rookie season for a #1 pick ever? I mean he made Kwame Browns rookie year look great. Again, why the instant hope over him? Oh yeah, Lebron is there.

This isn't Milwaukee 10+ years ago. Vin Baker and Glenn Robinson both playing great AND picking up a rookie Ray Allen. This isn't Jackson, Mashburn and Kidd. Charlotte with their young corps years ago.. twice. Roy, Aldridge and Oden.

There's a reason no star went running to Morrison, Felton, and Okeafor. 3 top 5 picks in 3 years with another top 12 in Sean May. Okeafor was a double double guy who won rookie of the year, Felton had a good rookie year, 23 year old Gerald Wallace throwing in 16 and 8 and playing great D, and they just got Adam Morrison in the draft. They also had Fabio's rights too. Walter Hermann, the best international player who beat the US for a gold medal a few years earlier. MILES better than what you have in Cleveland on paper. ESPN gave Charlotte an A in that draft for getting the best player in the draft even though they had the #3 pick. That corps was what they said "Charlotte has made all the right moves over the past few years in terms of the talent they've assembled". Why weren't NBA stars lining up to play there? The same reason Lebron is the only one calling Cleveland, who could offer a max deal to anyone.

Because it is hope. Standing there saying these guys will get better. Hey Bosh, stick with us. Bargnani will have a better season next year after a decent rookie year. TJ ford is a 14 and 7 point guard in just his 2nd year. Calderon is a 12 and 8 guy at 23. Best PG duo in the NBA and we got you a #1 pick center to help you out. Hope doesn't win games. For all we know Irving has peaked, and Bennett and Wiggins are busts.

I agree Miami didn't look like a great choice for Lebron. I have hope for Cleveland as well with him and can't blame him for wanting to go there. I agree I like a lot of what I see. But Cleveland wasn't exactly a hotbed of free agent activity either.