07-07-2014, 01:43 PM
what an idiot

PurpleLynch
07-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Well,that's a new one :D

Tanakid777
07-07-2014, 02:22 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL

I was hoping he'd say "Jesus" a few more times.

-_______-

scissors
07-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Doesn't seem to have a great grasp on Christian doctrine, the bible, theology.

But no need to hate on somebody for trying to do what he thinks is right.

Chromehounds
07-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Yup, that's a new one.

RiLoc
07-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Shuttlesworth! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdzfTA0jUUk)

Lloyd Christmas
07-07-2014, 03:41 PM
I appreciate him doing what he believes in.

phen0m
07-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Must have been a blast listening to that all the time for GSW players.

gatkins11
07-07-2014, 04:28 PM
what an idiot

Nice tolerant view.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-07-2014, 04:35 PM
:shrug:

People do this all the time.

Bozeman
07-07-2014, 04:36 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/mark-jackson-extortion-deal-6758493

Monta is beast
07-07-2014, 04:48 PM
haha all bad

d00d
07-07-2014, 04:49 PM
that takes guts.

GIANTKNICK
07-07-2014, 04:54 PM
what an idiot

why? He's not doing anything wrong.
Your the idiot!!!

ManRam
07-07-2014, 05:01 PM
:laugh:

cmellofan15
07-07-2014, 05:07 PM

agreed.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm a Christian myself, so the issue isn't speaking about what he believes in. It's the fact that the guy is a professional sports coach standing on street corners riling people up and shoving his opinion down passerby's throats (which he's known for as a coach). He's pretty much a nuisance and doesn't seem to understand that the best way to get your message across is NOT to yell and shove it on people.

colinskik
07-07-2014, 05:19 PM
No problem with him and his beliefs, but all I'm saying is the only people I've ever see doing this on the street corner are bums...

Not a good look, Mark Jackson. Save it for the church.

goingfor28
07-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Mark Jackson is a fkn clown

goingfor28
07-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Your the idiot!!!
YOU'RE the idiot ;)

Bozeman
07-07-2014, 05:34 PM
that takes guts.

Or insanity?

raiderfaninTX
07-07-2014, 05:39 PM
The nba forum is not old enough to discuss this. It should be closed by a mod.

COOLbeans
07-07-2014, 06:15 PM

What did he say that bothered your theological perspective?

COOLbeans
07-07-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm a Christian myself, so the issue isn't speaking about what he believes in. It's the fact that the guy is a professional sports coach standing on street corners riling people up and shoving his opinion down passerby's throats (which he's known for as a coach). He's pretty much a nuisance and doesn't seem to understand that the best way to get your message across is NOT to yell and shove it on people.

I don't think you understand your Bible bro

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 06:23 PM
I don't think you understand your Bible bro

I don't think you have a reading comprehension greater than the 3rd grade if you're deducing that from what I wrote in which I mentioned no specific doctrine. I didn't say the gospel shouldn't be spread, but rather that street preaching, while shouting at people is one of the least efficient ways to get converts or get people to talk to you for that matter. Not only have I trained in some ministry but I'm also a Psych major who has a lot of experience dealing with people.

It may have been the most efficient way thousands of years ago, but not anymore. For every 1 person that listens to a fire and brimstone street preacher, they turn away hundreds, furthering their anti faith belief more than before. Nonetheless this type of debate shouldn't be done on the forum, feel free to PM me if you want to debate.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-07-2014, 06:28 PM
The nba forum is not old enough to discuss this. It should be closed by a mod.^

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Yea maybe you guys are right. I didn't think people would resort to personally attacking other posters over a video about a recent ex head coach street preaching.

COOLbeans
07-07-2014, 06:41 PM
I don't think you have a reading comprehension greater than the 3rd grade if you're deducing that from what I wrote in which I mentioned no specific doctrine. I didn't say the gospel shouldn't be spread, but rather that street preaching, while shouting at people is one of the least efficient ways to get converts or get people to talk to you for that matter. Not only have I trained in some ministry but I'm also a Psych major who has a lot of experience dealing with people.

It may have been the most efficient way thousands of years ago, but not anymore. For every 1 person that listens to a fire and brimstone street preacher, they turn away hundreds, furthering their anti faith belief more than before. Nonetheless this type of debate shouldn't be done on the forum, feel free to PM me if you want to debate.

No need to present your credentials. If they're turned away, then so be it. It's not up to us to disapprove or criticize the way it's being spread. As someone who's trained in ministry, Im surprised you have no concept of this. And furthermore, I'm seriously not trying to argue with you.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 06:42 PM
No need to present your credentials. If they're turned away, then so be it. It's not up to us to disapprove or criticize the way it's being spread. As someone who's trained in ministry, Im surprised you have no concept of this. And furthermore, I'm seriously not trying to argue with you.

I'd rather use tact and get more results.

COOLbeans
07-07-2014, 06:45 PM
I'd rather use tact and get more results.

The bold is the problem I have with your perspective.

COOLbeans
07-07-2014, 06:48 PM
And to say street preaching is some ancient art used by past sages isn't accurate.

What Jackson was doing is much different than the haters who scream and use Christianity as a crutch to chastise people and beliefs that they disagree with.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 06:48 PM
The bold is the problem I have with your perspective.

Going back to the beginning of Christianity, including among the apostles you'll see a distinct difference in the style/methods of each in how they taught. The doctrine can align, but be presented differently. The problem I have with your perspective is your clear small minded views that lack the common sense to support progression.

COOLbeans
07-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Going back to the beginning of Christianity, including among the apostles you'll see a distinct difference in the style/methods of each in how they taught. The doctrine can align, but be presented differently. The problem I have with your perspective is your clear small minded views that lack the common sense to support progression.

Like I said, I don't want to argue. But I do want to know what are my, 'clear small minded views?' I'm curious.

Switch
07-07-2014, 06:58 PM
what an idiot
An example of an ignorant person.

Switch
07-07-2014, 06:58 PM
The nba forum is not old enough to discuss this. It should be closed by a mod.
This

smith&wesson
07-07-2014, 07:09 PM
theres nothing wrong with what he is doing.. if it was little wayne drinking cough syrup, using profanity, and grabbing his gentiles maybe it would appeal to this generation more...

wtf is wrong with this world.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 07:18 PM
theres nothing wrong with what he is doing.. if it was little wayne drinking cough syrup, using profanity, and grabbing his gentiles maybe it would appeal to this generation more...

wtf is wrong with this world.

Nothing is "wrong". It's just entertaining and was going around on Twitter basketball stuff.

Cracka2HI!
07-07-2014, 10:56 PM
What was his name again?

GiantsSwaGG
07-07-2014, 11:19 PM
I wonder what would of happen to him if he was preaching in Crenshaw in front of Bloods with that baby blue shirt on

scissors
07-07-2014, 11:23 PM

Nothing particularly. He's just not articulating the gospel at all. He's just repeating things over and over again like a mantra, he's having the people around him quote bible verses that a preacher should probably have memorized. Someone with a good grasp on the gospel would be saying other things.

But we aren't supposed to use this forum to discuss religion. I would love to have more conversations with the Christians on here if they are interested. But it should be done privately to follow the rules of the forum.

TrueFan420
07-08-2014, 12:36 AM

First thing that bothered my theological prospective is that he didn't really say anything other than repeating Jesus over and over again. I don't claim to be a pasture, or even a religious man, tho I've studied the major religions, but at least know the freaking passages you're quoting.

Another thing was that he said I'm am god and no other and then brought up Islam which for the most part, yes I know debatable, recognizes the same god as the Christians/Jews tho they call him their own name and have slightly varying views(some religions changed faster with the times than others/ shot at all 3 not 1 in particular).

One of my biggest complain with organized religion is just that the incessant need to divide rather than unite.

COOLbeans
07-08-2014, 12:47 AM
First thing that bothered my theological prospective is that he didn't really say anything other than repeating Jesus over and over again. I don't claim to be a pasture, or even a religious man, tho I've studied the major religions, but at least know the freaking passages you're quoting.

Another thing was that he said I'm am god and no other and then brought up Islam which for the most part, yes I know debatable, recognizes the same god as the Christians/Jews tho they call him their own name and have slightly varying views(some religions changed faster with the times than others/ shot at all 3 not 1 in particular).

One of my biggest complain with organized religion is just that the incessant need to divide rather than unite.

Other than having a problem with a Christian pastor repeating Jesus (since theologically, Jesus is the center of Christianity) your points are well taken and understood. It's important to note my friend, that for Christians there is power in saying Jesus just like for Buddhists there is power in Nirvana, for Muslims power in the words of the Quran, Jews power in the Law and so on..and I completely respect and some-what agree with your perspective on the 3 world religions you mentioned.

TrueFan420
07-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Other than having a problem with a Christian pastor repeating Jesus (since theologically, Jesus is the center of Christianity) your points are well taken and understood. It's important to note my friend, that for Christians there is power in saying Jesus just like for Buddhists there is power in Nirvana, for Muslims power in the words of the Quran, Jews power in the Law and so on..and I completely respect and some-what agree with your perspective on the 3 world religions you mentioned.

For sure and I get the repeating of Jesus part but at least have more substance between the chanting of Jesus name.

Also something I didn't touch on was the foolish imagery of Jesus as a pale white guy. Dude was a Jewish man in the Middle East. He's not pale white. Homie is tan/dark skin'd. But we really should refrain from taking this convo further in here.

5ass
07-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Okay bro, just calm down.

Dade County
07-08-2014, 01:35 AM
He's trying to tell the world about Yahweh & his son Yeshua.

Nothing wrong with that.

dalton749
07-08-2014, 01:44 AM
wow i understand why he was fired now
i wouldnt last one day on his team listening to this ********

no more team to listen, goes on the street to preach about his dumbass opinion

JNA17
07-08-2014, 02:09 AM
Not really a religious person but as long as he doesn't crucify a person for another person's different beliefs like religious extremists do, I hold no quarrel.

goingfor28
07-08-2014, 02:18 AM
My favorite part about mark Jackson is his GS team got bounced in the 1st round and then a week later he was announcing play by play on espn for nba playoffs.

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2014, 02:19 AM
:laugh2:

1-800-STFU
07-08-2014, 07:42 AM
I could stand on a street corner and tell fairy tales as well :)

D-Leethal
07-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Dude is stuck in 1950.

scissors
07-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Why are mods not closing this? Religion is not supposed to be discussed on the forum.

b_russ
07-08-2014, 02:31 PM
I'd imagine this is pretty similar to how he ran a Warriors practice.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Your the idiot!!!

I dont want to bring religion into the discussion

the end

ManRam
07-08-2014, 03:08 PM
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion."

Got no problem with Mark doing this, but that still doesn't mean I can't think he's crazy. I admire his passion, I guess.

HipCheck
07-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Is Mark Jackson Jehovah Witness?

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2014, 03:38 PM
:laugh2:

Close the thread already.

Spanklin
07-08-2014, 03:43 PM

COOLbeans thinks that's the only way to get his perspective across. ;)

Tymathee
07-08-2014, 05:35 PM
well yeah, he's a preacher and has his own church...what you expect him to do?

http://www.trueloveworshipcenter.com/

Clippersfan86
07-08-2014, 07:20 PM
COOLbeans thinks that's the only way to get his perspective across. ;)

Apparently.

smith&wesson
07-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Nothing is "wrong". It's just entertaining and was going around on Twitter basketball stuff.

im saying "wtf is wrong with this world" because guys rips someone apart for preaching christianity as if its a sin to do so.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2014, 07:35 PM
im saying "wtf is wrong with this world" because guys rips someone apart for preaching christianity as if its a sin to do so.

Oh okay. Well that wasn't my POV at all.

Laker Legend42
07-08-2014, 09:53 PM
The year he got the golden state job that summer a young boy from his congregation got shot. He was at the county hospital with him and his family every night

TrueFan420
07-08-2014, 10:36 PM
The year he got the golden state job that summer a young boy from his congregation got shot. He was at the county hospital with him and his family every night

Good for him. That's a very nice thing for him to do.

However, that has absolutely nothing to do with him ranting about Jesus on a street corner, not knowing his scriptures (like a pastor is expected to know), and not really saying anything of substance inbetween repeating the name Jesus over and over again.

Bozeman
07-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Mark Jackson is the typical turn to god to save your marriage type. He was a big ***** hound before and even cheated on his wife. She made him get heavy into that crap after he got caught cheating on her and sending pictures of his wang to some chick. He needs to do this or else he'd be parading around boning chicks all the time.

IBleedPurple
07-08-2014, 11:08 PM

Agreed, and I wish your view was more widely practiced.

Luke_K77bear
07-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Praise Steve Kerr!

COOLbeans
07-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Mark Jackson is the typical turn to god to save your marriage type. He was a big ***** hound before and even cheated on his wife. She made him get heavy into that crap after he got caught cheating on her and sending pictures of his wang to some chick. He needs to do this or else he'd be parading around boning chicks all the time.

Interesting that someone with your negative viewpoint on Christianity has turned into some kind of Christian scholar..Here's some advice, don't talk about something you know absolutely nothing about. To anyone with any sense on the subject, you sound pretty ignorant.

Crunch Time
07-08-2014, 11:44 PM
mama there goes that man
somebody say whats his name
jesus

COOLbeans
07-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Apparently.

And apparently lol you're agreeing with a resident troll to somehow thwart my opinion.. but you're too blind in your own 'theological' ideas to realize you're agreeing with a resident troll :clap:

COOLbeans
07-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Agreed, and I wish your view was more widely practiced.

You agreed with what he said, though clipper fan admits he's a Christian.

And you say you agree with what he says, but I can pretty much guarantee you're not a Christian. Am I right? :nod:

cssdmark
07-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Amen. Preach the word my brother. GOD is not dead and Jesus is Lord.

scissors
07-09-2014, 12:44 AM
In everything I can find from him I still see no emphasis on the Christian gospel.

Why is Jesus Lord? Without the story, without the intellect, without the good news of why, you aren't even worshiping the right Jesus.

Are you talking about a Mexican guy? OR Jesus is just the Greek form of Joshua. There are millions of guys named Jesus and millions of guys named Josh. Without articulating who this Jesus is and why he is Lord you have no Christianity. This is weak preaching and everything I have looked up from him preaching is weak. No gospel, no hope.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2014, 01:49 PM
You agreed with what he said, though clipper fan admits he's a Christian.

And you say you agree with what he says, but I can pretty much guarantee you're not a Christian. Am I right? :nod:

You're going to be this dense? He's not saying he agrees with my belief. He's saying he wishes more Christians (or of any faith people) realized that they can have their strong beliefs, without feeling the need to impose. Don't get me wrong I don't hide my faith, but I also realize that at the end of the day it's a choice. That if I push it on strangers they are likely to reject it, more convinced then ever before in their mind that it's bogus and narrow-minded. Better to get to know them and even show them love FIRST and show by example, not words. Far more successful way to change the world than archaic street preaching in 2014.

asandhu23
07-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I could stand on a street corner and tell fairy tales as well :)

Flying Spaghetti Monster!