PDA

View Full Version : Is Wade to Chicago far fetched?

nickdymez
07-07-2014, 12:41 PM
I haven't seen this speculated anywhere else, but what would the odds be that wade considers going home and playing for Chicago?

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-07-2014, 12:42 PM
No thanks.

Shammyguy3
07-07-2014, 12:53 PM
0% chance, seriously

ccc_23
07-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Nope.

D_Rose1118
07-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Thanks but no thanks

Vinny642
07-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Oh god that would be beyond ******** in Chicago's sense.

InRoseWeTrust
07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
God I hope it's far fetched. Wade is dead to me. I literally would have to stop watching the Bulls for at least a few months.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-07-2014, 01:14 PM
No interest whatsoever.

CHI_Fan412
07-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Gross

RLundi
07-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Idk, why would they want to have 2 injury prone players on their roster at all that money?

I don't see their cheapo owner opening his wallet for Wade. Plus, I think Wade's kinda done :(

kozelkid
07-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Idk, why would they want to have 2 injury prone players on their roster at all that money?

I don't see their cheapo owner opening his wallet for Wade. Plus, I think Wade's kinda done :(

This cheap owner crap is getting old especially given that the accusation is entirely devoid of any basis. And this same "cheap owner" was more than willing to open a large chunk of cap in 2010 to give at least two max contracts and currently the bulls are doing the same to try to nab Melo. So you have no point.

Either way, I have zero interest in Wade, especially with what he'll likely demand.

ChitownSports16
07-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Rather have Kobe.

Max.This
07-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah they can do rehab together...

Nikeman
07-07-2014, 01:41 PM
I think Chicago fans are being ridiculous. Wade is an amazing fit on this team, maybe even better than Melo. Derrick Rose wants the Chicago Bulls to be HIS team, and that is why he didn't push to recruit Melo. If the Bulls sign Wade, he knows its Derrick Rose's team.

Dwyane Wade could easily average 18/5/5 with Chicago and be a huge boost for them at SG and help them in terms of scoring. If the Bulls were to amnesty Boozer, or just come up with close to 12 mill in cap space and sign Dwyane Wade, they still have I believe their MLE and Bi-Annual?

The MLE could net them some quality talent remaining such as Trevor Ariza, Jordan Hill etc, a quality role player, and the bi-annual could possibly land them Anthony Morrow to provide shooting.

Rose
Wade
Jimmy Butler
Boozer/Gibson
Noah

w/ Ariza, Morrow and some other bench players

Very, very balanced line-up

I'd argue Wade for 12 mill is better than Melo for the max for Chicago

DaBUU
07-07-2014, 01:54 PM
F Wade

kingkenny01
07-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Very low chance, lebron would have to leave, bosh would have to leave, then maybe he would consider it but the money would have to be right also for the bulls and wade, long shot to say they least

akesh99
07-07-2014, 02:49 PM
I think Chicago fans are being ridiculous. Wade is an amazing fit on this team, maybe even better than Melo. Derrick Rose wants the Chicago Bulls to be HIS team, and that is why he didn't push to recruit Melo. If the Bulls sign Wade, he knows its Derrick Rose's team.

Dwyane Wade could easily average 18/5/5 with Chicago and be a huge boost for them at SG and help them in terms of scoring. If the Bulls were to amnesty Boozer, or just come up with close to 12 mill in cap space and sign Dwyane Wade, they still have I believe their MLE and Bi-Annual?

The MLE could net them some quality talent remaining such as Trevor Ariza, Jordan Hill etc, a quality role player, and the bi-annual could possibly land them Anthony Morrow to provide shooting.

Rose
Wade
Jimmy Butler
Boozer/Gibson
Noah

Dude, you're dreaming.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 02:50 PM
No thanks. Not happening. And, not worth what he would demand.

D-Block21-Chito
07-07-2014, 02:53 PM
yeah for 100K per year

Pistol_Pete
07-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Probably .01%, even less.

Wade is consistently hurt. Rose is younger, but also consistently hurt. You can't have an entire backcourt that's a huge injury risk every season. Chicago wouldn't even think of taking Wade at the money he's getting.Maybe if he's somewhat healthy after this contract he might do something like go to Chicago for a vet minimum and play a champion/mentor Derek Fisher type role, but even then, he could end up being one of the stars who stars in one place his whole careeer. I think he retires in Miami.

Animosity
07-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Sounds like a great idea if they want to lose most of their fan base. Then they can have miami style fans. I would instantly be a Pacers fan till Wade was gone.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a great idea if they want to lose most of their fan base. Then they can have miami style fans. I would instantly be a Pacers fan till Wade was gone.

Though he took a steaming dump on the Chicago Bulls bridge and then napalmed it...wouldn't go that far bro!:) Haha, its not happening. Unless its for the vet min in a few years:)

NJrockPD
07-07-2014, 03:56 PM

Rose
Wade
Jimmy Butler
Boozer/Gibson
Noah

I see where you are coming from, but for a injury prone player like Wade in the twilight of his career he would have to take a much bigger pay cut to make it worth it for the Bulls maybe 6-8 mil a year.

Secondly, like you said we would have to amnesty Boozer so he can't still be part of our lineup. If Wade took a significant pay cut allowing us to get some solid role players and still sign Nikola Mirotic from the Euroleague I would be down.

If we could then sign guys like Okafor, Jameer Nelson, and Anthony Morrow we would have a pretty solid team with depth.

Rose/ Nelson
Wade/ Morrow
Butler/ Snell/ McBuckets
Gibson/ Mirotic
Noah/ Okafor

That looks good to me, but let's be honest here it's never going to happen.

#1) Lebron and Bosh would have to leave MIA.
#2) MIA with a ton of cap space would have to decide they are going to get rid of one of the most successful players in their franchise history.
#3) Wade would have to take a huge paycut.
#4) The Bulls would have to strike out on every big name free agent left and would probably have to do a sign and trade with the Heat trading Boozer for Wade to make it worth it.

I'm a glass half full type of guy so I'll give this a .05% chance of happening.

5ass
07-07-2014, 04:21 PM
I feel bad for Chicago, always in trade rumor from Anthony, Bynum, Howard, James, amare, etc. The only star they've gotten through FA is boozer. I think they won't be able to get a superstar this season as well. That being said, I see them getting Greg Monroe and being a dangerous contender.

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 04:50 PM
You know what Chicago should do.....the same thing he did to Chicago in 2010. Let's bring him in, have good meetings, say how him coming to Chicago and pairing up with another Chi-Town native in Rose would be awesome, tell him we got some cap space to add a difference maker and then say............."Nah, we pass, we found something better." You're not wanted in Chicago Wade, not when your career is basically over. They aren't going to pay him 12-15 million on one leg. Stay with your family the Miami Heat and end your career staying with one team going to war up with the likes of Beasley, Granger, McRoberts and Old Man Oden. Thanks but no thanks D-Wade.

ichitownclowni
07-07-2014, 04:55 PM
I'd rather sign Lance

SILVER SEAVER
07-07-2014, 04:59 PM
I feel bad for Chicago, always in trade rumor from Anthony, Bynum, Howard, James, amare, etc. The only star they've gotten through FA is boozer. I think they won't be able to get a superstar this season as well. That being said, I see them getting Greg Monroe and being a dangerous contender.

And don't forget the many attempts to land Gasol which they will fail at yet again. You know the reason why no top tier free agents want to go to Chicago........because of the way their dynasty ended and all but ran out Phil Jackson, would never renegotiate Pippen's contract after grossly underpaying him not to mention the many years they got bargain basement price on Jordan till his last two seasons. When you end a dynasty that everyone in this league is striving to build for their franchises all because of money and that you want to add high school kids in the hopes that they are the next Kobe or Garnett you are a fool. You run that dynasty as far as it will go till you lose. These players were young kids when the Bulls were on their run through the 90's, they saw how it ended. That sticks in people's minds till this day.

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 05:04 PM
If Chicago doesn't get Melo and both Lebron and Bosh leave Miami, I could see this as a feasible option. But that would also sort of depend on how much money Wade is expecting. Unlike other posters, I think I'd rather have Wade at $15-16 million a year than Stephenson at $12-13 million a year.

lakerboy
07-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Depends on how much he asks. Chicago won't pay more than $5M

FactsMatter
07-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Wade isn't 82 games reliable. His on court production went down each of the last 4 years. He needs to take whatever the Heat will give him because he won't get another big contract. He's not a fit in Chicago! Doesn't have a great outside shot and his post game with a lack of lift and defensive ability got exposed in the finals. If he wants Lebron to stay in Miami he needs to be in the 7-9 million range, at best. Miami needs a new big 3 and better supporting cast.

DR_1
07-07-2014, 06:27 PM
No. Not even no thanks. Just no.

I shouldn't even have to explain why.

kozelkid
07-07-2014, 06:45 PM
If Chicago doesn't get Melo and both Lebron and Bosh leave Miami, I could see this as a feasible option. But that would also sort of depend on how much money Wade is expecting. Unlike other posters, I think I'd rather have Wade at $15-16 million a year than Stephenson at $12-13 million a year.

I'd rather have neither. I'll prefer option C: the cap space flexibility for next year's FA class or perhaps trade.

chitown85
07-07-2014, 06:59 PM
I'd rather have neither. I'll prefer option C: the cap space flexibility for next year's FA class or perhaps trade.

This.

smith&wesson
07-07-2014, 07:14 PM
I haven't seen this speculated anywhere else, but what would the odds be that wade considers going home and playing for Chicago?

so who starts for chicago at the 1 & 2 whle D.rose and Wade sit on the bench for half the season :confused:

RLundi
07-07-2014, 08:54 PM
This cheap owner crap is getting old especially given that the accusation is entirely devoid of any basis. And this same "cheap owner" was more than willing to open a large chunk of cap in 2010 to give at least two max contracts and currently the bulls are doing the same to try to nab Melo. So you have no point.

Either way, I have zero interest in Wade, especially with what he'll likely demand.

It's been reported the Bulls are reluctant to amnesty Boozer because they don't want to pay him to go away, even if it'll free up significant cap space. From a business and financial standpoint, it's a sound decision. From a winning standpoint, it screams cheap.

And this isn't news, it's been common knowledge that Bulls ownership is frugal. So if you're upset, idk what to tell you. Maybe stay off the internet?

todu82
07-07-2014, 08:59 PM
A healthy Wade? Sure, but with his injury concerns can't see it happening.

3ballbomber
07-07-2014, 09:07 PM
I guess Wade can only blame himself for all the very harsh criticism to his game. I really cannot blame people for having that opinion about him. Wade's game has suffered since deferring to Lebron and sacrificing his game for the sake of the team. I watched Wade for years since 2003 carry Miami and was such a lethal player. Even the season prior to 2010 Wade was still very much a dangerous player - taking Miami to the playoffs that season when they had no business being there, then taking Hawks the distance w/ the scrubs he had. Then after the Big 3, although his shooting % improved it seems he did not. I think he suffered due to his new role of playing 2nd fiddle and then giving up his leadership role to Lebron. Wade was a great leader & him giving that up equates to giving up something that was important to his game. W/ that said, if he reinvents his game, sharpens his jumpers and incorporates the 3 pt shot into his game he can be lethal still........granted his knees will let him, but by doing all of that he can save his knees by not driving as much.

Wade bleeds black, yellow & red. He is perhaps one of the last of a dying breed. He will retire in Miami. No way he leaves now, especially not after a loss in the finals.

Ezio
07-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Rather have Bosh or fail to get Parsons/Heyward than offer a contract to Wade/

kozelkid
07-07-2014, 09:12 PM
It's been reported the Bulls are reluctant to amnesty Boozer because they don't want to pay him to go away, even if it'll free up significant cap space. From a business and financial standpoint, it's a sound decision. From a winning standpoint, it screams cheap.

And this isn't news, it's been common knowledge that Bulls ownership is frugal. So if you're upset, idk what to tell you. Maybe stay off the internet?

Really? Because reports since then directly contradict that.

I suppose Bulls were also frugal when they bought out Tim Thomas for 13mil and Eddie Robinson for 6mil and told them each to go away. Or when Jay Williams ended his career following a motorcycle accident and Bulls could have simply voided his contract (since riding motorcycles along with other risky behaviors are often cited specifically in contracts). Instead, they paid him an additional 3 mil so he can be financially secure.

So this isn't the first time the Bulls have bought out players. Not to mention again, multiple reports already confirm of Boozer's camp being notified that he'll be traded or amnestied. So get your facts straight. The only common knowledge of Bulls being frugal is by talking heads like Simmons who continue to perpetuate a myth and have nothing to respond to when given ACTUAL facts such as the Robinson and Thomas buyouts. Or the fact that Reinsdorf twice made Phil and Michael the highest paid at their respective positions. Or the fact that the Bulls helped a declining Pippen getting that big deal on his way to Houston. Or the fact that the Bulls AGAIN paid a declining, useless Scottie Pippen a 2 year 10mil contract in 03 so he could "mentor" Curry/Chandler while warming the bench.

I don't even like Reinsdorf, but the notion that he's some cheap owner is complete garbage. And just gave you at least five examples proving such. I'd love even one example from you.

DeadlyVirusO_O
07-07-2014, 09:17 PM
No, No, No. The last thing this team needs is two roster spots being held by often injured guards. If this team was one final piece away and Wade would play the Manu role, then yes. But not for the team as constructed now.

stambrose84
07-07-2014, 09:31 PM
better bring some bubble wrap

JordansBulls
07-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Bulls getting this guy would put fear into the league.

RLundi
07-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Really? Because reports since then directly contradict that.

I suppose Bulls were also frugal when they bought out Tim Thomas for 13mil and Eddie Robinson for 6mil and told them each to go away. Or when Jay Williams ended his career following a motorcycle accident and Bulls could have simply voided his contract (since riding motorcycles along with other risky behaviors are often cited specifically in contracts). Instead, they paid him an additional 3 mil so he can be financially secure.

So this isn't the first time the Bulls have bought out players. Not to mention again, multiple reports already confirm of Boozer's camp being notified that he'll be traded or amnestied. So get your facts straight. The only common knowledge of Bulls being frugal is by talking heads like Simmons who continue to perpetuate a myth and have nothing to respond to when given ACTUAL facts such as the Robinson and Thomas buyouts. Or the fact that Reinsdorf twice made Phil and Michael the highest paid at their respective positions. Or the fact that the Bulls helped a declining Pippen getting that big deal on his way to Houston. Or the fact that the Bulls AGAIN paid a declining, useless Scottie Pippen a 2 year 10mil contract in 03 so he could "mentor" Curry/Chandler while warming the bench.

I don't even like Reinsdorf, but the notion that he's some cheap owner is complete garbage. And just gave you at least five examples proving such. I'd love even one example from you.

You're absolutely right, my facts aren't straight. I admittedly don't know enough about the Bulls to give you a laundry list of specific instances that they've been cheap and sacrificed winning in order to stay in the black. And to be honest, I don't care enough to do the legwork :shrug:

But I do know perception, and perception isn't always accurate, but where there's smoke there's typically a fire. But I'm sure you're not biased in any way :)

I found it interesting that the Bulls are in the third largest market in the United States and are consistently one of the most profitable teams, yet I think they've only gone into the luxury tax once? Great ownership? Or an unyielding determination to save money? I can't be sure, but I'm really glad you're convinced.

Also, why are you surprised they would try to trade Boozer? What's your point, that's just common sense. He's awful. Every team would do the same. But I would be surprised if he is amnestied. I'd love to see that.

sep11ie
07-08-2014, 01:30 AM
His name used to just be Wade, till LeBron gave him the D.

bucketss
07-08-2014, 02:34 AM
llloloool i died laughing at the 4 straight bulls fans start the thread by rejecting wade.

amos1er
07-08-2014, 05:38 AM
The Bulls don't need two superstars who are questionable to play in all 82 games. No diss on Rose here guys, but you know what I'm getting at.

kozelkid
07-08-2014, 07:54 AM
You're absolutely right, my facts aren't straight. I admittedly don't know enough about the Bulls to give you a laundry list of specific instances that they've been cheap and sacrificed winning in order to stay in the black. And to be honest, I don't care enough to do the legwork :shrug:

But I do know perception, and perception isn't always accurate, but where there's smoke there's typically a fire. But I'm sure you're not biased in any way :)

Like I said before, I have other reasons for disliking JR. The fact that I put in the effort of supplying many examples that contradict your point, and your response is that I'm just biased, is rather disrespectful. A good poster would actually "do the legwork" or acknowledge that they know nothing on the topic and leave it at that.

I found it interesting that the Bulls are in the third largest market in the United States and are consistently one of the most profitable teams, yet I think they've only gone into the luxury tax once?

They just did two seasons ago. :laugh2: And trying to avoid the luxury tax after the new CBA is a MUCH bigger deal than before because it actually does affect a team from a basketball standpoint as far as constraining the possible options to continue improve one's team.

Also, why are you surprised they would try to trade Boozer? What's your point, that's just common sense. He's awful. Every team would do the same. But I would be surprised if he is amnestied. I'd love to see that.

Who says I am? Best case scenario is that we trade him in a S+T for Melo and then we'd retain the MLE and bring Mirotic over. Other scenarios would similar where we'd get cap space, and again, retain the MLE to bring Mirotic. One thing that is pretty certain though, Boozer won't be a Bull after this season. That bridge is burned.

RLundi
07-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Like I said before, I have other reasons for disliking JR. The fact that I put in the effort of supplying many examples that contradict your point, and your response is that I'm just biased, is rather disrespectful. A good poster would actually "do the legwork" or acknowledge that they know nothing on the topic and leave it at that.

They just did two seasons ago. :laugh2: And trying to avoid the luxury tax after the new CBA is a MUCH bigger deal than before because it actually does affect a team from a basketball standpoint as far as constraining the possible options to continue improve one's team.

Who says I am? Best case scenario is that we trade him in a S+T for Melo and then we'd retain the MLE and bring Mirotic over. Other scenarios would similar where we'd get cap space, and again, retain the MLE to bring Mirotic. One thing that is pretty certain though, Boozer won't be a Bull after this season. That bridge is burned.

My apologies; it isn't disrespect as much as it is nonchalance. I guess I'm not a good poster? :shrug:

The Bulls are clearly trying to rid themselves of Boozer, that's not the subject here. The point is, if they don't find a taker (expected) I suspect they wouldn't amnesty Boozer and continue to pay his salary while devoting a whole new deal to another player at the same time, even if it would improve them, because you know, Boozer sucks.

But hey, who knows, maybe I'm completely wrong and they amnesty him and pick up Gasol or something. Feel free to consider this my "acknowledgement."

chi-townlove1
07-08-2014, 08:39 AM
You can cut the tension and hostility with a butter knife.........

NBA_Starter
07-08-2014, 07:50 PM
He is Miami to the bone no matter who comes and goes.

WaDe03
07-08-2014, 10:42 PM
The Bulls with Wade and Rose coming back would be better than the Cavs with LeBron