PDA

View Full Version : Hibbert on the trading block?

Mr.B
07-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Just saw that the Pacers are "quietly" shopping Hibbert. Doesn't he have a huge contract?

c.c.
07-06-2014, 08:28 PM
He shouldn't be hard to move in a league with very few real centers

Twolves88
07-06-2014, 08:38 PM
I'd be intrested in a pek for hibbert swap.

thephoenixson28
07-06-2014, 08:41 PM
OKC should jump all over this

NBA_Starter
07-06-2014, 08:44 PM
They probably wouldn't be able to give him away.

NYKNYGNYY
07-06-2014, 08:48 PM
OKC should jump all over this

I agree but would they take perkins back? whats okcs cap look like

GiantsSwaGG
07-06-2014, 09:09 PM
He's pathetic, how are you 7'2 and Lance Stephenson is a better rebounder than you

HYFR
07-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Man.. This guy still controls the paint and defends the rim very well. Pacer fans, is it just a confidence issue with him?

torocan
07-06-2014, 09:11 PM
$15M per year for the next 2 years, with the 2nd year being a player option?

After his miserable performance for the last half of the regular season and his disappearing act in the play offs, what team in their right mind would want that? :eyebrow:

Bostonjorge
07-06-2014, 09:15 PM
After bosh destroyed Hibbert in the playoffs of course they want to trade him.

Maybe a Hibbert for boozer and butler trade.

Hibbert for Perkins and jakson plus two 1st

Hibbert for brook Lopez

Kaner
07-06-2014, 09:22 PM

Hibbert for brook Lopez

You a Pacers fan?

Deception
07-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Pacers would be dumb to trade him with his stock so low, he'll recover from his slump.

kingkenny01
07-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Idk if this is fair larry Saunders for roy hibbert no idea if it works money wise but it seems interesting to me, both could use a change in scenery

Burkey3472
07-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Unless they just want the cap room by dealing him it isn't a smartest move. You'd be selling him for 50 cents on the dollar and wouldn't get close to good value back for him.

hugepatsfan
07-06-2014, 09:49 PM
I'd do Rondo for Hibbert. Not sure if Rondo is what IND is looking for at PG but if it doesn't work out he's an expiring contract. IND could just let him walk after the season and they'd have cap space to offer a max contract to someone.

For BOS, it opens up PG full time for Marcus Smart and gives the rim protecting C we need so that Kelly Olynyk and Jared Sullinger aren't miscast as Cs again.

todu82
07-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Hibbert would be a great add for any team, be interesting to see if he gets traded.

Dade County
07-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Teams like Charlotte, Portland, C's will jump on this.

I think the Pacers should aim for Brook Lopez.

PacersForLife
07-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Man.. This guy still controls the paint and defends the rim very well. Pacer fans, is it just a confidence issue with him?

Seems to be, he goes through a mental slump almost every year it seems.

YAALREADYKNO
07-06-2014, 10:30 PM
makes sense for indiana. They should play at a faster pace and they wont be able to do that with overrated *** hibbert out there

ombada
07-06-2014, 10:38 PM
I'd do Rondo for Hibbert. Not sure if Rondo is what IND is looking for at PG but if it doesn't work out he's an expiring contract. IND could just let him walk after the season and they'd have cap space to offer a max contract to someone.

For BOS, it opens up PG full time for Marcus Smart and gives the rim protecting C we need so that Kelly Olynyk and Jared Sullinger aren't miscast as Cs again.

I would be all over this, to get Rondo, clear cap space and hopefully resign stephenson would be amazing.

PG: Rondo
SG: Stephenson
SF: George
PF: West
C: ?Mahinmi? Maybe sign someone else like Jordan Hill?

6: George Hill
7: Watson
8: Miles
9: Scola

Thats a pretty strong 1-9

hugepatsfan
07-06-2014, 10:51 PM
I would be all over this, to get Rondo, clear cap space and hopefully resign stephenson would be amazing.

PG: Rondo
SG: Stephenson
SF: George
PF: West
C: ?Mahinmi? Maybe sign someone else like Jordan Hill?

6: George Hill
7: Watson
8: Miles
9: Scola

Thats a pretty strong 1-9

If you guys re-signed Stephenson you wouldn't have room for a max next offseason. I was thinking he would be gone. You guys don't seem anxious to overpay him.

I was thinking it would be…

Rondo/Watson
Hill/Miles
George/Copeland
West/Scola
Mahinmi/???

Then you guys next offseason would have flexibility under the cap. You could re-sign Rondo for like $13 million and add a role player with him. You could go out and sign a max player. You could sign a bunch of role players.

Mr.B
07-06-2014, 10:56 PM
$15M per year for the next 2 years, with the 2nd year being a player option?

After his miserable performance for the last half of the regular season and his disappearing act in the play offs, what team in their right mind would want that? :eyebrow:

I actually think there would be a lot of teams that would want him. I don't think you can completely blame him for the second half of the season. The chemistry in that whole locker room was a complete mess this season. When he found out one of his boys was bangin his girl it totally wrecked his season. It's easy to say that athletes are paid to not let their personal lives affect their game but they're still human. I think he's going to recover and he's still young. As a legit 7 footer he's just now entering his prime. His contract is also not as bad as I thought it was either. In my opinion he would better suited going to a veteran team where all he needs to do is focus on rebounding a and protecting the rim. I could easily see a Hibbert for Pau trade (only if the Lakers land Melo).

MrfadeawayJB
07-07-2014, 12:18 AM
That's silly of the pacers. His stock is so low right now

IversonIsKrazy
07-07-2014, 02:37 AM
He will be very difficult to move. He still CAN become the guy who he was last year playoffs, but no one is going to be willing to take the gamble for his next 2 big yr contract. I dont think a trade would happen, unless the other team was trading away a contract they didnt like either

TheNumber37
07-07-2014, 03:12 AM
Swap for Brook Lopez and a 1st

ombada
07-07-2014, 06:51 AM
If you guys re-signed Stephenson you wouldn't have room for a max next offseason. I was thinking he would be gone. You guys don't seem anxious to overpay him.

I was thinking it would be…

Rondo/Watson
Hill/Miles
George/Copeland
West/Scola
Mahinmi/???

Then you guys next offseason would have flexibility under the cap. You could re-sign Rondo for like $13 million and add a role player with him. You could go out and sign a max player. You could sign a bunch of role players.

We wouldnt need any more room. Rondo wouldnt demand the max, and neither will stephenson. Hell probably be closer to 10-11 mil a year. Basically its a contract transfer. Hibbert makes 14+ mil for the next two seasons. If Rondo signs for 13 mil after next season he will take up Hibberts portion of the cap.

Then you should also consider Scola's 4 mil comes off the books, so that frees up some space along with the mid level exception to solidify the rest of the roster.

DChibes
07-07-2014, 04:29 PM

Hibbert for brook Lopez

Sorry do you think Hibbert is LeBron James?

The Bulls have a better center in Noah, OKC wouldn't give up that much for a washed up center that has no toughness (Mentally or Physically) and Brook Lopez is better than Hibbert.

So I'm guessing you're a Pacers fan?

Bostonjorge
07-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Sorry do you think Hibbert is LeBron James?

The Bulls have a better center in Noah, OKC wouldn't give up that much for a washed up center that has no toughness (Mentally or Physically) and Brook Lopez is better than Hibbert.

So I'm guessing you're a Pacers fan?

I'm not a pacers fan. I didn't think I was suggesting lop sided trades for Hibbert. At least not over doing it.

xxplayerxx23
07-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Okc would be a good fit

Spanklin
07-08-2014, 03:59 PM

Why would the Pacers do the Nets this favor? Lopez is a soft, offense killing, no rebounding, overpaid lilly.

JustinTime
07-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Hibbert for Jonas Valuncunias

beasted86
07-08-2014, 04:21 PM

You can't be serious.

Anyway, Pacers will be able to trade Hibbert if they wanted to for sure, but I'm not sure they gain positive value other than salary room to keep Stephenson. I'm also not sure what the Pacers defense will look like if they aren't replacing him with another good defender.