PDA

View Full Version : Bucher: Warriors rejected a trade Aaron Affalo plus future 1st for Barnes

MagicBucsSox
07-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Ws could've dealt HBarnes to Orl for Arron Afflalo + future 1st, source says. Passed. AA would've eased losing Klay in KLove deal.

Smart move?

bluefire7002
07-06-2014, 07:10 PM
They couldve had:
Curry
Afflalo
Love

in their starting five... I doubt these rumors are true. ****ing... Bucher

COOLbeans
07-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Good trade only if contingent upon getting Love. Which is only implied, and not a fact by any means.

NBA_Starter
07-06-2014, 08:06 PM
So much for the thought that Barnes would come cheap.

Monta is beast
07-06-2014, 10:09 PM
I guess something like 90% of gms said afflalo is overated. Barnes had a terrible year last season mostly due to jackson. So if he can play better his value only gets higher. Smart move

Monta is beast
07-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Curry
Afflalo
Iggy
Love
Bogut

Damn thats hard to pass up. Chemistry plays a part to

COOLbeans
07-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Curry
Thompson
Iggy
Love or Lee
Bogut

is better than the same possible lineups with Afflalo. There's no guarantee Love was ever coming to the warriors. People surmise Lee's a scrub which he's not.

lincecum=future
07-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Except there is no way the warriors could get Love without giving up Klay.

likemystylez
07-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Curry
Thompson
Iggy
Love or Lee
Bogut

is better than the same possible lineups with Afflalo. There's no guarantee Love was ever coming to the warriors. People surmise Lee's a scrub which he's not.

Lees not a scrub but hes 31 yrs old and his contract is about to get really bad. Infact its ironic, but Lees contract might make it hard for the warriors to re sign klay thompson (and stay under the luxury tax). So if you have an opportunity to unload Lees contract while getting a top 10 player in the nba before he hits his prime- it makes sense to really do what it takes to make that happen.

likemystylez
07-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Except there is no way the warriors could get Love without giving up Klay.

not sure thats true- its only whats speculated. Bottom line is- no other team is really making an offer thats significantly better than Lee and barnes. Put lees contract aside- he is probably RIGHT NOW the best player being offered to the wolves by any team... assuming the wolves want to compete right now

Monta is beast
07-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Plus lee declined allot last year.

TrueFan420
07-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Idk if I believe this. Also wouldn't more have to be involved to make the money work?

Lloyd Christmas
07-06-2014, 10:44 PM
The warriors should have accepted that deal.

likemystylez
07-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Idk if I believe this. Also wouldn't more have to be involved to make the money work?

I agree- I think there was more to the rumor maybe they wanted green, barnes and a future first from us for affalo.... or maybe this is just a rumor.

moshy2
07-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Should have pulled the trigger IMO. Ship Klay, Lee, and our 1st for Love. Could still get Livingston. Get a higher pick. 2 stars, good role players. Bench may still be lacking, but I think it's a better team. But I'm not a gm and Jerry West and Bob Myers know more than me

likemystylez
07-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Should have pulled the trigger IMO. Ship Klay, Lee, and our 1st for Love. Could still get Livingston. Get a higher pick. 2 stars, good role players. Bench may still be lacking, but I think it's a better team. But I'm not a gm and Jerry West and Bob Myers know more than me

like whether that trade was actually on the table or not

THE MTL
07-06-2014, 10:56 PM
I dont believe this at all. The warriors would have easily been set up for a Love trade had this happened. Gaining Afflao who can replace Klay and then Klay and the acquired first rounder could easily been flipped for Love.

moshy2
07-06-2014, 11:01 PM
like whether that trade was actually on the table or not

That would probably be #1

Aust
07-06-2014, 11:16 PM
How protected would that Orlando pick be because an Orlando 1st rounder is gold.

likemystylez
07-06-2014, 11:31 PM
How protected would that Orlando pick be because an Orlando 1st rounder is gold.

LOL ummm who cares aflalo for barnes is an absolute heist

Aust
07-06-2014, 11:39 PM
LOL ummm who cares aflalo for barnes is an absolute heist

Who cares? We could be talking about a top 5 pick. That's a big deal.

NYKNYGNYY
07-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Depending on protected or not they could of gotten a top 3-5 pick I would have done it...that is if it's true...dosnt make much sense for Orlando tho so idk how true it is or was

IndiansFan337
07-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Smart move?

I think Minnesota wanted Barnes included with Klay and Lee in a trade for Love.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 12:15 AM
The warriors should have accepted that deal.

I'm an insane D&D fan. I can quote the movie pretty much start to finish, so nice username and info. New movie better not kill the nostalgia for us.

TrueFan420
07-07-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm an insane D&D fan. I can quote the movie pretty much start to finish, so nice username and info. New movie better not kill the nostalgia for us.

It will, it always does

Lloyd Christmas
07-07-2014, 12:28 AM

I'm highly skeptical. The previews look terrible.

5ass
07-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Its probably the 76ers' pick 1-11 protected in 2017 and 1-8 protected in 2018.

3ballbomber
07-07-2014, 12:37 AM
GSW should neer even think about trading Clay. They should be building around him & Curry. Warriors need a defensive minded coach & a center that can stay healthy + depth w/ battle tested veterans

mavwar53
07-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Doubt bucher has anything behind this. The reason the warriors don't want to trade Thompson is because Barnes can't replace his shooting or his defense, AA would replace both very adequately if not even better in some areas and at a much cheaper price than Klay will be asking for, so not doing this deal makes nearly no sense.

Monta is beast
07-07-2014, 01:03 AM
This just goes to show that the Warriors wont trade Klay, which I agree with 100%. He's gotten so much better in every season since being drafted and still can get so much better.

likemystylez
07-07-2014, 01:04 AM
I think Minnesota wanted Barnes included with Klay and Lee in a trade for Love.

that would be like 10 times as good as any other offer they are getting for Love. Seeing as they need to trade Love- that isnt going to happen

TrueFan420
07-07-2014, 01:51 AM
that would be like 10 times as good as any other offer they are getting for Love. Seeing as they need to trade Love- that isnt going to happen

Agreed but maybe this deal was on the table when the warriors were unwilling to trade Klay and would only consider a Barnes, lee and 1st for love deal.

Sadds The Gr8
07-07-2014, 02:36 AM
It's bucher. Probably fake.

COOLbeans
07-07-2014, 10:12 AM
I agree- I think there was more to the rumor maybe they wanted green, barnes and a future first from us for affalo.... or maybe this is just a rumor.

Well this rumor should definitely raise both Klay and Barne's stock

likemystylez
07-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Agreed but maybe this deal was on the table when the warriors were unwilling to trade Klay and would only consider a Barnes, lee and 1st for love deal.

why does orlando care what position the warriors have in their talks with the twolves?

likemystylez
07-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Well this rumor should definitely raise both Klay and Barne's stock

I dunno- just sounds like an unrealistic trade rumor that most educated fans would dismiss right away. Like a month ago when there were reports out of NY that the warriors were offering david lee and barnes for chandler.

1) Warriors dont need a center

2) the entire point of trading lee is to get rid of his contract. (why trade him for a worse contract and an older player)

3)Both barnes and david lee are each significantly better than chandler.

4) If the warriors have a chance to use those assets to get a young kevin love- LOL theyd be idiots to throw away a good chance at love to get chandler (so he could back up bogut?)

Quinnsanity
07-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Dumb move by GS. Assuming they still sign Livingston, they have an insane top 8 for Curry/AA/Iggy/Love/Bogut/Livingston/Green/Kevin Martin. That team could win the title.

Lloyd Christmas
07-07-2014, 11:10 AM
It seems like Bucher is just reporting what the warriors want the timberwolves to hear.

Monta is beast
07-07-2014, 11:28 AM
It seems like Bucher is just reporting what the warriors want the timberwolves to hear.

thats what Im thinking to. Probably fake to raise Barnes value. But bucher just had that bs report so i dont see him doing that

ManRam
07-07-2014, 12:27 PM
AA AND a first for Barnes? God, Afflalo's value really was ******.

Barnes makes sense because he's young, but surrendering a future first for him too? IDK man. Maybe I just REALLY don't like Barnes (hint: I don't).

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm highly skeptical. The previews look terrible.

Same. Then again in hindsight the 1st movie's trailer wasn't anywhere near as good as the movie itself, so let's just hope for the best in the meantime. But yea, very skeptical. The naming the cat "butthole" scene was so painfully bad. The irony of the first movie was that it was so witty despite portraying dumb characters. This new one seems to be catering to a younger, dumber audience if that's possible.

Lloyd Christmas
07-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Same. Then again in hindsight the 1st movie's trailer wasn't anywhere near as good as the movie itself, so let's just hope for the best in the meantime. But yea, very skeptical. The naming the cat "butthole" scene was so painfully bad. The irony of the first movie was that it was so witty despite portraying dumb characters. This new one seems to be catering to a younger, dumber audience if that's possible.

Well put. It just seems like all comedy now is more crude than witty. I'm just hoping the Farrell's bros added the crude elements to appeal to the younger and dumber people while maintaining the wittiness of the original. I guess no matter what this movie will be a disappointment because of those scenes. At least in my eyes.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Well put. It just seems like all comedy now is more crude than witty. I'm just hoping the Farrell's bros added the crude elements to appeal to the younger and dumber people while maintaining the wittiness of the original. I guess no matter what this movie will be a disappointment because of those scenes. At least in my eyes.

"I guess although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, senior citizens can still serve a purpose. Now don't you going dying on me!"

I agree this second movie is pretty much destined to be a disappointment. Comedies are going the crude route and creativity is being replaced with remakes and sequels left and right. It's a sad time for the movie industry.

curtcocaine
07-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Im just happy the original characters are back. Yes it seems dumbed down alot but it is what it is. Two worrs Jim Carey.

Lloyd Christmas
07-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Im just happy the original characters are back. Yes it seems dumbed down alot but it is what it is. Two worrs Jim Carey.

True.

TrueFan420
07-07-2014, 10:49 PM
why does orlando care what position the warriors have in their talks with the twolves?
They don't but it would explain why the warriors might not be done to pull the trigger but with that deal if it's real you take it

Spanklin
07-08-2014, 03:51 PM
The Warriors are more interested in first round exits and old players who will most likely break down 3 years before their contracts end. The team shot themselves in the foot by screwing up that gift wrapped Kevin Love deal.

PowerHouse
07-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Bob Myers is a moron.

Monta is beast
07-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Haha so because a deal that was probably never offered wasnt accepted he's a moron?

Monta is beast
07-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Bucher is the Warriors beat writter. He could simply be doing the Warriors a solid by reporting this and raising Barnes value or a source within the team could have tricked him into believing this. Bob Myers is a top 5 gm in the league.

Spanklin
07-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Haha so because a deal that was probably never offered wasnt accepted he's a moron?

We went all in on an aging team that will likely never get out of the first round, and definitely never the second round. This speaks for itself.