PDA

View Full Version : Honest question about Melo and Lebron

MiamiBoy77
07-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Why do people hate LeBron for leaving Cleveland, but don't hate Melo for forcing his way out of Denver?

InRoseWeTrust
07-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Why do people hate LeBron for leaving Cleveland, but don't hate Melo for forcing his way out of Denver?

I think a lot of people hate Melo for the way he clawed his way out of Denver. And I think the LeBron hatred is based on (1) him being the best player in the world and (2) the manner in which he announced his departure.

JEDean89
07-06-2014, 12:13 PM
ya a ton of people don't like melo, he's just not as popular as lebron so people don't care as much.

SPURSFAN1
07-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Melo didn't collude with 2 other stars in their prime and publicly dump his previous team on national tv. Don't people actually see the difference or is this to pretend he never did anything wrong in the first place and to showcase Lebron as a victim here

prodigy
07-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Close thread, common kid think and you will find the answers. Keep it short, grew up down the street, made promises, disrespectful tv special etc...

Greet
07-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Melo honestly isn't good enough to field the hate that Lebron gets.

elledaddy
07-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Yeah nice try, Melo told the team " trade me and get something cuz Im not gonna resign" in advance to becoming a FA and Denver got a NICE collection of talent for him. You telling me thats the same thing Lebron did? Ok

Jamiecballer
07-06-2014, 12:30 PM
^ pretty much

king4day
07-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Melo didn't have the 'Decision'

Kyben36
07-06-2014, 01:12 PM

First off, people dont love that melo did that, its still a blimish, but there is a diference between a guy playing in Denver, when the guy is from NY, and wants to play in a big city, and never really wanted to be in Denver, as well, his team was not very good, and could not consistantly get him to the playoffs. and a guy, lebron, who had the best record in the nba, left to go form a super team with his buddies wade and bosh, and win rings, especaily considering that he was drafted by cleveland, his home town, and the ****** way he went about leaving.

Melo, also gave the Dever Nuggets some compensation by leaving the way he did as well.

waveycrockett
07-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Melo didn't have a 1 hour sitcom like LeBron did.

SPURSFAN1
07-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Melo didn't have a 1 hour sitcom like LeBron did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvavfpEwbI

lol

Slug3
07-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Yeah nice try, Melo told the team " trade me and get something cuz Im not gonna resign" in advance to becoming a FA and Denver got a NICE collection of talent for him. You telling me thats the same thing Lebron did? Ok

You know Lebron did a sign n trade right? So Cleveland ended up getting a few first round picks.

scissors
07-06-2014, 01:59 PM
You know Lebron did a sign n trade right? So Cleveland ended up getting a few first round picks.

AMAZING! Come on bro. We know they got a couple of late first round picks (and a trade exception which I think netted them Kyrie Irving by way of absorbing Baron Davis). But think of the haul the Cavs could have gotten if they had traded him mid-season.

benzni
07-06-2014, 02:14 PM

make that a few first overall picks :)

mjm07
07-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Mostly it was The Decision on live tv. Which was obviously a bad idea, one that even he admits. Everything else is bs. What Melo and Dwight were pretty bad as well. All 3 handle their situations incorrectly.

Big Zo
07-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Because people get offended by every stupid little thing, and somehow watching someone announce where they're going to play on TV, is more offensive than reading about it in a newspaper. Players can beat their wives, get arrested for DUI's, be accused of murder, but going on TV is just wrong.

meloman1592
07-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Serious question?

scissors
07-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Because people get offended by every stupid little thing, and somehow watching someone announce where they're going to play on TV, is more offensive than reading about it in a newspaper. Players can beat their wives, get arrested for DUI's, be accused of murder, but going on TV is just wrong.

This X1,000,000,000...

Lebron has not been found doing anything actually bad. The guy is kind of a tool but most basketball players that are at least good enough to start on a Freshman (high school) A team are. So seriously, give the dude a break.

FlashBolt
07-06-2014, 04:16 PM
1) Melo got his coach fired and forced his way out of Denver to NYK.
2) Amare was beasting out the year before Melo came so Melo probably thought he had a legitimate chance with Amare being there. When it all failed, they brought in Chandler and what do you know? They still failed and now Melo is on the get-go.
3) Melo didn't have the Decision because no one is going to pay him to do so. ESPN or whatever offered James $3 million to his charity and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have publicized it if no money was being offered.
4) Melo actually had lots of help at Denver. His roster over there was by far better than James ever had at Cleveland. Didn't he have AI, Billups, NeNe, Martin, and some really good role players? George Karl was also lightyears ahead of Mike Brown in coaching.

All in all, James gets criticized because he's the best. People truly hate the best because no one cares enough to hate Carmelo or a player who doesn't have the impact as James does. It's why people still talk about Kobe vs LeBron more than LeBron vs Durant.

Miltstar
07-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Melo isn't from Denver... end of story

DR_1
07-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Melo didn't collude with 2 other stars in their prime and publicly dump his previous team on national tv. Don't people actually see the difference or is this to pretend he never did anything wrong in the first place and to showcase Lebron as a victim here

Agreed

D-Leethal
07-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Melo informed his team privately he wasn't going to resign there months in advance so they could prepare and get a large return for him that kept his team competitive going forward. LeBron cockteased his team up until the second they found out he was leaving on primetime television and they got nothing but future bottom feeder picks and a TPE and turned into the worst team in the league overnight.

infernoscurse
07-06-2014, 08:57 PM
melo isnt 24 hours on the mouth of ESPN reporters

Jarvo
07-06-2014, 10:15 PM
I like Lebron way more than Melo, Lebron was a free agent and kept losing year after year with The Cavs and didnt force his way out like Melo. Yeah he may have teamed with Wade and Bosh but hell Wade isn't the same anymore and Bosh is Bosh.

Duncan = Donkey
07-06-2014, 10:26 PM
The Decision and then parading with Bosh and Wade on stage when they were introduced as Heat players. Just cringe worthy stuff, What were they thinking - looked like complete Bellends

Dade County
07-06-2014, 10:32 PM
AMAZING! Come on bro. We know they got a couple of late first round picks (and a trade exception which I think netted them Kyrie Irving by way of absorbing Baron Davis). But think of the haul the Cavs could have gotten if they had traded him mid-season.

Thats on the organization not the player. The organization tried to have said player comment, that player didn't want too, so tried his ***.

Don't let him become a free agent, & then try to play the loyalty card. Trade the damn player, if he doesn't re-up with you or tell you he is going to re-up with you.

I am talking about all players & front offices, just not Lbj & his situation.

Dade County
07-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Melo informed his team privately he wasn't going to resign there months in advance so they could prepare and get a large return for him that kept his team competitive going forward. LeBron cockteased his team up until the second they found out he was leaving on primetime television and they got nothing but future bottom feeder picks and a TPE and turned into the worst team in the league overnight.

But from everything I remembered Lbj reps called the Cav's, before he told the world. I think they wanted Lbj to tell them face to face or call himself.

Also, Lbj reps didn't want to tell them to ahead of time because it would have messed up the show. lmao

Also, fans feel that he quit on them in the playoffs, because of his mom & D West.

Sssmush
07-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Dont get it twisted. Carmelo didnt "force his way out" of Denver, all he did was approach within a year of free agency, and say that he would only fign a contract before free agency with certain teams. He always said Denver was still in play for him, he just wanted to be a free agent.

For that matter Lebron becsme a free agent fair and square and made a free choice. LoL at people who can't accept that.

SPURSFAN1
07-06-2014, 11:03 PM
I wonder if all these heat fans will get upset if he leaves. None of these heat fans should change their opinions if he leaves.

scissors
07-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Thats on the organization not the player. The organization tried to have said player comment, that player didn't want too, so tried his ***.

Don't let him become a free agent, & then try to play the loyalty card. Trade the damn player, if he doesn't re-up with you or tell you he is going to re-up with you.

I am talking about all players & front offices, just not Lbj & his situation.

I'm not ripping him for it. Someone was just praising him for getting them a couple of picks. I was responding to that.

Sssmush
07-06-2014, 11:48 PM
To me, the whole thing of getting angry at Lebron for going to a team of his choice in Miami shows a kind of loser mentality, a bitter excuse making tendency.

Instead of thinking "how do we get better and find a way to beat them" some people immediately say it isnt fair and Lebron is waht's wrong with sports.

bucketss
07-06-2014, 11:49 PM
with all due respect melo leaving is not as devastating as lebron, nuggets seem to have gotten better to

Avenged
07-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Melo honestly isn't good enough to field the hate that Lebron gets.

Pretty much this. I wanted to add more but nah, nailed it.

Avenged
07-06-2014, 11:52 PM
I wonder if all these heat fans will get upset if he leaves. None of these heat fans should change their opinions if he leaves.

Don't see why they should. He has done more for them in his time in Miami than their entire tenure as an organization. And it's not like he's leaving on bad terms.

Game_Over
07-06-2014, 11:56 PM
As a Nuggets fan I will always cheer for Melo to lose no matter what team he goes to(same goes for Cutler). I don't care for LeBron either but the players run the league and that is why I just don't like the NBA anymore. Was nice seeing the super team and friends lose though.

scissors
07-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Don't see why they should. He has done more for them in his time in Miami than their entire tenure as an organization. And it's not like he's leaving on bad terms.

Yeah. I'm actually interested to see the heat fans have a going away honoring of sorts thanking Lebron for 4 great years.

Seizabmc
07-07-2014, 06:51 PM
The difference is that melo told the nuggets in advance that he was leaving.

And gave them plenty of time to work out the best possible situation where they can get the most back for him.

He actually worked with them and played the knicks.

So that way the knicks gave up way more than they should have.

Melo and the nugs , knew that melo was going to ny one way or another.
But the knicks did not know for sure.

So in a way, melo helped the nugs get as much as possible
In return.

Melo did nothing wrong in that situation.

He told his teammates way ahead of time that he was leaving.

And he even played his best till the very last game with them.

I also think that the fact that LBJ was born and raised under the cavs arena , and then just uped and left them the way he did.

Not only did he upset the whole stat of Ohio.

But then he made it seem like he wanted to join ny.

And got all of ny state all hyped up just to go on TV and anouce that he will take his talents to south beach.

It was just such a clown *** move.

And he played the ish out of the cavs.