PDA

View Full Version : Nerlens Noel scores 19 points in Summer League debut with Sixers (VIDEO)

spreadeagle
07-05-2014, 08:54 PM
He looks good, Sixers gunna be fun to watch soon

Video http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/05/nerlens-noel-scores-19-points-in-summer-league-debut-with-sixers-video/

Nerlens Noel sat out all of last season after he was selected with the sixth overall pick in the 2013 draft by the Pelicans, and then traded to the Sixers that very same night.

Noel was projected to go as high as number one overall, before injury concerns set in and teams feared that he wouldn’t be able to contribute during his rookie season — much like Joel Embiid, who Philadelphia similarly selected this year.

But taking the long view seems to have paid off for the Sixers, if Noel’s Summer League debut is any indication. The big man showcased a variety of skills on both ends of the floor, and finished with a team-high 19 points on 6-of-11 shooting, to go along with two rebounds, three assists, four steals and a blocked shot in a little more than 26 minutes of action. He also converted all seven of his attempts from the free throw line.

Noel has been 100 percent for months now, so his strong showing shouldn’t come as a total surprise. He’s still raw in many areas, but showed a nice touch on his shot, an ability to get out in transition, strong footwork and a good defensive instinct around the basket.

FlashBolt
07-05-2014, 09:21 PM
He's going to be like Anthony Davis but not as good. Still, a very special talent. Are we looking at the next twin-towers? Hope so.. So much potential for Philly.

GiantsSwaGG
07-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Wow he scored 19 points in the summer league, what an amazing feat

FlashBolt
07-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Wow he scored 19 points in the summer league, what an amazing feet

Wrong forum.

Aust
07-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Wow he scored 19 points in the summer league, what an amazing feet

dat summer league hype

GiantsSwaGG
07-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Wrong forum.

I do wonder how Noel toes look like

Deception
07-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I do wonder how Noel toes look like

Rex Ryan, is that you?

hugepatsfan
07-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Kelly Olynyk scored 20

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Kelly Olynyk scored 20

Except the sixers are telling him to go easy. And you can tell he is of a different specimen. He looks real good.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Except the sixers are telling him to go easy. And you can tell he is of a different specimen. He looks real good.

I hope you find a good doctor that can fix your sarcasm meter.

FriedTofuz
07-06-2014, 01:49 AM
WOW 1 GAME, He' going to be DPOY.

Nice start for Noel, and also I cant believe the pelicans traded Noel + their future 1st for Jrue Holiday. They would've been better off NOT trading their pick, stock piling assets, and then save cap space to sign Bledsoe to the Max, whoever is running that management is in too much of a rush after getting Davis. YOu have to build to be a good team in the WCF.

GREATNESS ONE
07-06-2014, 02:13 AM
He looks good, hope he stays healthy.

PurpleLynch
07-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Hope he'll stay healthy,that frame looks fragile for a big man,but he played very well in his first game. Seems more polished than when he concluded his career in the Ncaa.
Oladipo,also,played great.I'm eager to see him play next year.
Gordon had a mediocre game,but he did a beautiful block!

NBA_Starter
07-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Wow he scored 19 points in the summer league, what an amazing feat

I remember when MKG looked like LeBron in SL, people always overreact lol.

Miltstar
07-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Noel is gonna be good but the sixers still have a long ways to go, should wind up with another lottery pick this year if they can get some legitimate swingmen in there they could become a team to watch

FriedTofuz
07-06-2014, 07:06 PM
it's 1 game in summer league ffs.

Miltstar
07-06-2014, 07:35 PM
it's 1 game in summer league ffs.

Who's making a big deal out of it. It's our first chance to catch Noel in pro action. No one was like "OMG he dropped 19 he's the next David Robinson!!!"

c.c.
07-06-2014, 08:08 PM
I still say the Cavilers should of drafted him last year. I could be the only one who feels this way though

NBA_Starter
07-06-2014, 08:52 PM
I still say the Cavilers should of drafted him last year. I could be the only one who feels this way though

I could say the same for Charlotte.

JeffG20
07-06-2014, 09:04 PM
WOW 1 GAME, He' going to be DPOY.

Nice start for Noel, and also I cant believe the pelicans traded Noel + their future 1st for Jrue Holiday. They would've been better off NOT trading their pick, stock piling assets, and then save cap space to sign Bledsoe to the Max, whoever is running that management is in too much of a rush after getting Davis. YOu have to build to be a good team in the WCF.

More then 1 way to bulid a team. Not sure why people think Noel is a slam dunk. That remains to be seen. I don't really see how getting proven talent is a bad way to go. We get proven talent and are still one of the youngest teams in the league. You can draft for years and still be stuck at the bottom of the league.

Hows continuous drafting helped out the Cavs? Or Charlotte pre-Jefferson? or how about the other teams that are bad year after year?

WITZ
07-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Any reason in particular why Noel didn't play today?

moshy2
07-06-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm loving the potential in Philly. It's got to be hard to have to be that patient

cmellofan15
07-07-2014, 12:51 AM
I was excited to see Craft play today.

sixer04fan
07-07-2014, 01:26 AM
Any reason in particular why Noel didn't play today?

Just easing him back. He's fully healthy, so it's not about nursing him back from injury. It's just that he hadn't played in a game for basically 18 months, so they wanna ease him back in now rather than making him play back-to-backs right off the bat. Let him get his wind back and get into full-court 5-on-5 game shape at a good pace.

Cromedome
07-07-2014, 01:47 AM
Looks like they're playing in a high school gym.

Joshtd1
07-07-2014, 02:00 AM
I honestly wasn't that high on him coming out of college, but I liked what I saw from him yesterday..from a defensive standpoint. He'll probably be an elite rim protector, and good rebounder. His pick and roll defense was pretty damn good, which is super important in todays NBA. He had great timing on stripping the guard coming off the pick, though he can't get lazy and try it every time because that won't work every time.

His offense definitely remains a work in progress...no real post moves yet, and even in the pick and roll his offense seemed kinda awkward. Though his free throw shooting was definitely surprising, guess he really worked on it during his rehab?

GiantsSwaGG
07-07-2014, 07:58 AM
He will be another Tyson Chandler