PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Anyone Listen To Chris Broussard's Reports?

DR_1
07-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Serious question. I don't get why many fans and even most good NBA journalists haven't picked up on the fact that he A) is biased, and B) totally makes up/uses horrible "sources." This is no judgement on him as a person, just on his skills as a reporter. I just don't get it.

goingfor28
07-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Bc he has "sources"

Aust
07-04-2014, 03:41 PM
In what ways is he biased?

Sly Guy
07-04-2014, 03:42 PM

he's biased towards the incorrect reporting of facts.

PraiseJesus
07-04-2014, 03:42 PM
I think someone is mad that the Bulls are gonna strike out again

Aust
07-04-2014, 03:43 PM
I think someone is mad that the Bulls are gonna strike out again

They can still get Gasol

lakerboy
07-04-2014, 03:43 PM

He's like Lebron James' uncle.

Aust
07-04-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't like when these reporters are brought in to give their personal opinions on things. idc about your opinion, just give me the news, the correct news.

DR_1
07-04-2014, 04:05 PM
He's biased towards New York like Bill Simmons is biased towards Boston (which is a bit annoying as well). That's what I meant by "biased."

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-04-2014, 04:09 PM
his sources are teams' janitors

Crackadalic
07-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Wait people actually listen to him?

GiantsSwaGG
07-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Can someone post the "Chris Broussards sources" video. **** was funny as hell lol

IndiansFan337
07-04-2014, 05:04 PM
He's biased towards New York like Bill Simmons is biased towards Boston (which is a bit annoying as well). That's what I meant by "biased."
He's from Cleveland, so I'm not sure why he'd have any reason to show bias towards NY.

SILVER SEAVER
07-04-2014, 05:17 PM
He might as well be a meteorologist.

ghettosean
07-04-2014, 05:18 PM

he's biased towards the incorrect reporting of facts.

This and only this!!!

Dade County
07-04-2014, 05:19 PM
I guess people don't really like him... Some people I know call him pasty face lol

I don't think he is biased to a particular team, I think whatever his bosses at ESPN tell him what story to run with.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-04-2014, 06:36 PM
I dint know why I do but I follow him on Twitter. He always "breaks" news 5 or 10 minutes after it's all over the internet. Instead of re- tweeting, He tries to act like his "sources" fed him the story. The other day he said his sources told him that Irving was going back to Cleveland 10 minutes after Dan Gilbert tweeted the story himself and it had blew up in the internet already. Guys a total fraud.

Asik's better
07-04-2014, 06:46 PM
I guess people just want gossip and news, whether it's accurate or not. Same reason why TMZ is so popular.

Hotone1401
07-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Broussard, Windhorst, and Markazi all get on my nerves. I especially hate when they talk about the game as if they actually ever played.

Darc Mind
07-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Broussard, Windhorst, and Markazi all get on my nerves. I especially hate when they talk about the game as if they actually ever played.

So you have to play a game to know it? This logic is ridiculous.

astonmartin10
07-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Broussards a joke. Him and his ghost sources.

Hotone1401
07-04-2014, 07:03 PM

The fact that you disagree is hilarious. If you've never played basketball I don't think you should ever be able to claim to know anything about it.

JeffG20
07-04-2014, 07:03 PM

This, also there are plenty of guys that played and still don't know much.

FriedTofuz
07-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Broussard is slightly better than Ric Bucher, he's probably headed for the Bleacher Report once his contract with ESPN is finished.

JNA17
07-04-2014, 07:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IK0pB.png

blahblahyoutoo
07-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Can't stand his "accent".

IgglesFanInCO
07-04-2014, 08:05 PM
The fact that you disagree is hilarious. If you've never played basketball I don't think you should ever be able to claim to know anything about it.

This is just incredibly ignorant

Hotone1401
07-04-2014, 08:09 PM
This, also there are plenty of guys that played and still don't know much.

Yet they still know more about the game than Broussard, Windhorst, and Markazi combined.

I don't think you get what I'm trying to say. My problem is with reporters/media guys who go beyond reporting and consider themselves analysts.

Seizabmc
07-04-2014, 08:15 PM
I don't mind Chris as much as I don't like sas.

Now that guy smith, sas is a joke.

And regardless of how to want to dice it,
Whatever comes out of any of there mouths are just rumors,
No facts!

So no body should take any of them seriously until something actually happens.

I'd rather listen to Chris b over a lot of these other guys.

Now the one guy who I enjoy listening to is jalen rose.

He speaks the truth.

Just like when he said that ny will resign melo.
And how melo is just using the bulls.

The bulls will strike out once again and have to endure another season of a washed up rose ,
D rose that is.

Great player when healthy but never healthy, amare 2.0

Asik's better
07-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Yet they still know more about the game than Broussard, Windhorst, and Markazi combined.

I don't think you get what I'm trying to say. My problem is with reporters/media guys who go beyond reporting and consider themselves analysts.
So what's the equation to games played to knowledge of basketball. Also do you account for different levels and leagues players play to amout of knowledge each individual knowledge. EG: d-league compared to NBA and Euroleague. Looks like your working with a complex math equation to work out who can analyse a game and who can't.

JeffG20
07-04-2014, 08:19 PM
None of us have ever played at a high level.... no I guess no one here is qualified to talk about the subject.

richardle9
07-04-2014, 08:55 PM
http://test.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/multiple-sources.gif

"duh-wight howard and lebrahhhn james"

Hotone1401
07-04-2014, 08:58 PM
None of us have ever played at a high level.... no I guess no one here is qualified to talk about the subject.

Did I say that you have to play at a high level? No.

It's clear guys like Windhorst and Markazi have never picked up a basketball in their lives.

Hotone1401
07-04-2014, 09:00 PM
So what's the equation to games played to knowledge of basketball. Also do you account for different levels and leagues players play to amout of knowledge each individual knowledge. EG: d-league compared to NBA and Euroleague. Looks like your working with a complex math equation to work out who can analyse a game and who can't.

Now you're going way too far analyzing what I said.

Take one look at Windhorst and Markazi. Can you honestly tell me you would ever take any advice about the game of basketball from either of them???

JeffG20
07-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Did I say that you have to play at a high level? No.

It's clear guys like Windhorst and Markazi have never picked up a basketball in their lives.

Your exact words

"If you've never played basketball I don't think you should ever be able to claim to know anything about it."

Not many ways to interpret that other then face value. You said it. You have nothing to substantiate them not picking up a basketball unless you grew up with them. Even if they haven't, Its not a qualification to talk about the sport they are paid to talk about.

Asik's better
07-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Now you're going way too far analyzing what I said.

Take one look at Windhorst and Markazi. Can you honestly tell me you would ever take any advice about the game of basketball from either of them???
Oh so it's looks too. Well now that makes equation even more complicated.

Hotone1401
07-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Your exact words

"If you've never played basketball I don't think you should ever be able to claim to know anything about it."

Not many ways to interpret that other then face value. You said it. You have nothing to substantiate them not picking up a basketball unless you grew up with them. Even if they haven't, Its not a qualification to talk about the sport they are paid to talk about.

Exactly. I never said you had to play at a "high level". I just wanna make sure you don't twist my words.

Hotone1401
07-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Oh so it's looks too. Well now that makes equation even more complicated.

Yeah, it does matter. I wouldn't take medical advice from a UPS driver so why would I take basketball advice from two obese media reporters?

What are reporters who pretend to be NBA analyst going to teach me? They're gonna teach about the fundamentals of the game? How to play in the post? How to play the PG position?

Asik's better
07-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Yeah, it does matter. I wouldn't take medical advice from a UPS driver so why would I take basketball advice from two obese media reporters?

What are reporters who pretend to be NBA analyst going to teach me? They're gonna teach about the fundamentals of the game? How to play in the post? How to play the PG position?
So your problem is that their fat? So does that mean no one should listen magic, Shaq or chuck? But their also ex players so we should listen to them. Jesus we have created a paradox, who do we listen. Oh god I'm falling into paradox. Someone help me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NBA_Starter
07-04-2014, 10:27 PM
"Sources" :laugh:

Hotone1401
07-05-2014, 12:27 AM
So your problem is that their fat? So does that mean no one should listen magic, Shaq or chuck? But their also ex players so we should listen to them. Jesus we have created a paradox, who do we listen. Oh god I'm falling into paradox. Someone help me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No, my problem is those two guys are invited on ESPN segments to discuss basketball rather than just reporting news. They are reporters who actually think they have credibility when talking about the game. I don't see why that is so hard to understand for you.

But hey, this is just me and you're more than willing to listen to them all you want. I will caution you about taking medical advice from a UPS driver, or legal advice from your pizza delivery boy, and certainly don't take advice on diet and exercise from obese people.

joeboow90
07-05-2014, 12:47 AM
I feel like he's just used by espn to put on bs stories to hype the offseason and trade dealine and all that. When's the last time he was actually right about something???

"Melo to lakers"
"Lebron to Knicks"

And the list goes on...

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 01:14 AM
No, my problem is those two guys are invited on ESPN segments to discuss basketball rather than just reporting news. They are reporters who actually think they have credibility when talking about the game. I don't see why that is so hard to understand for you.

But hey, this is just me and you're more than willing to listen to them all you want. I will caution you about taking medical advice from a UPS driver, or legal advice from your pizza delivery boy, and certainly don't take advice on diet and exercise from obese people.
I don't know why you keep bringing up the ups delivery boy as an comparison. It's not that good of a comparison.
I just think you hate fat people. Did a fat person wrong you sometime in your life? Where you scared of Santa as a child? What a weird hatred for a group of people you have.

Hotone1401
07-05-2014, 05:23 AM
I don't know why you keep bringing up the ups delivery boy as an comparison. It's not that good of a comparison.
I just think you hate fat people. Did a fat person wrong you sometime in your life? Where you scared of Santa as a child? What a weird hatred for a group of people you have.

It's clear your head is too thick to understand much. I'm not wasting anymore time with you.

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 05:45 AM
It's clear your head is too thick to understand much. I'm not wasting anymore time with you.
I'm just want to know why you hate fat people, that's all. I just think it's weird you hate fat people.

MrfadeawayJB
07-05-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm just want to know why you hate fat people, that's all. I just think it's weird you hate fat people.

Yeah leave fat people alone, they already have enough on their plate.

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Yeah leave fat people alone, they already have enough on their plate.
Post of the day. Well done.

rhymeratic
07-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Many refer to him as the Albino Crackhead. This dude is the most useless reporter in the history of ESPN with bogus "sources" and talking like he is Lebron's conscience.