PDA

View Full Version : The Myth Nikola Mirotic set to come to the Chicago Bulls

Stunner
07-04-2014, 11:39 AM
@WindhorstESPN: The Bulls are working on signing F Nikola Mirotic, sources told ESPN. He secured buyout today from Real Madrid according to @hoopshype

@WindhorstESPN: This doesn't mean the Bulls pursuit of Carmelo Anthony is over but the cap space required to sign Mirotic restricts options.

@chicagobullsbot: Real Madrid Nikola Mirotic averaged 19.0 PPG, 53.4% FG, 46.1% 3PT per 36 mins in Euroleague this season despite all his late season issues.

He can't be used in a sign and trade for 30 days after he signs ; but he becomes a very valuable trade piece for those teams worrying about if he would come over.

IndyRealist
07-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Just watched some tape on him. He has to bring the ball below his waist on every jump shot, giving him an incredibly slow shooting stroke even when he's shooting off the dribble. That's going to be a problem in the NBA.

Max.This
07-04-2014, 12:05 PM
so with mirotic on the cap. How much money can the bulls offer melo after amnestying boozer / trade MD Jr

chitownbulls
07-04-2014, 12:16 PM
so with mirotic on the cap. How much money can the bulls offer melo after amnestying boozer / trade MD Jr

If we amnesty boozer, trade dunleavy and our non guaranteed contracts, I think we can clear up about 17 mil

Max.This
07-04-2014, 12:24 PM
If we amnesty boozer, trade dunleavy and our non guaranteed contracts, I think we can clear up about 17 mil

does mirotic count against the cap? or is he already included?

FOXHOUND
07-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Mirotic would be a new contract. If they feel like they can't get Melo or don't have a good chance this is the right course of action. Perfect time to get him over.

Stunner
07-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Mirotic hasn't been brought out yet and they likely won't do it until Melo made his choice . Mirotic rights can still be moved in a deal and with him having a big fall out with Madrid he's more likely to play with anyone now in the NBA if dealt . Bulls are in a very good situation regardless if they get Melo or not .

Stunner
07-04-2014, 12:34 PM
The flaws he has can be easily fixed with time in the weight room which almost every bull improves on their body going into the next season and Thibs coaching . http://youtu.be/JjaHc9Vp9wU

NYSpirit1
07-04-2014, 12:35 PM

LOL okay. They can offer that NOW. Once Mirocic comes over, you'll be able to offer like $15 million.

You're done. If you think Melo is going to accept $15 million a year to play next to the new Amare Stoudemire, you're kidding yourself.

Badluck33
07-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Mirotic would be a new contract. If they feel like they can't get Melo or don't have a good chance this is the right course of action. Perfect time to get him over.

bingo

NYSpirit1
07-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Mirotic hasn't been brought out yet and they likely won't do it until Melo made his choice . Mirotic rights can still be moved in a deal and with him having a big fall out with Madrid he's more likely to play with anyone now in the NBA if dealt . Bulls are in a very good situation regardless if they get Melo or not .

Love all the Bulls fans that think they're getting Melo for $15 million a year. Give me a break.

waveycrockett
07-04-2014, 12:39 PM
So another guy who is supposed to be the next Dirk. Lets see how that works out

InRoseWeTrust
07-04-2014, 12:40 PM
LOL okay. They can offer that NOW. Once Mirocic comes over, you'll be able to offer like $15 million.

You're done. If you think Melo is going to accept $15 million a year to play next to the new Amare Stoudemire, you're kidding yourself.

Love all the Bulls fans that think they're getting Melo for $15 million a year. Give me a break.

Lmao why are you so angry? No one thinks we're getting Melo for $15 a year.

bulls_world23
07-04-2014, 12:58 PM
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/can-the-bulls-bring-over-nikola-mirotic/ good read and video for people who don't know him.

FOXHOUND
07-04-2014, 01:00 PM

True, I can see him used in a SnT. If Melo gets to Chicago it will likely be a SnT, and he will likely be involved. If not they bring over an awesomely talented young big and can try to sign a FA, maybe even pry Lance from Indiana with how that's going. There are worse plan B's in this league lol.

FOXHOUND
07-04-2014, 01:01 PM
bingo

Your sig... looks familiar :D

loyalChiTownFan
07-04-2014, 01:05 PM

love how some of NY fans think that if we don't land melo we are done. we still have a solid roster more so than the NY at this point with more flexibility. I don't mind melo resigning with NY. If so, i look forward to the bulls mopping the floor with them and making melo eat that max contract he got to be part of a club that won't make it past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Stunner
07-04-2014, 01:11 PM

What are you talking about ? I never said that nor would it be possible . Getting Melo in a S&T and spending the MLE on Mirotic is the only way . Stop looking for fights .

Stunner
07-04-2014, 01:11 PM
So another guy who is supposed to be the next Dirk. Lets see how that works out

More likely to be the next Ryan Anderson

chitownbulls
07-04-2014, 01:52 PM

Alright chill man

ChitownSports16
07-04-2014, 01:57 PM

And yet with the new "stoudemeire" Bulls are in a better place and better team then the Knicks. To bad I can't same the same about the Knicks with or without Melo.

effen5
07-04-2014, 02:24 PM
I'd be pissed as a knicks fan if the knicks signed melo to a max contract.

scissors
07-04-2014, 11:33 PM

Then you would be pissed as a Knicks fan.

east fb knicks
07-04-2014, 11:50 PM
love how some of NY fans think that if we don't land melo we are done. we still have a solid roster more so than the NY at this point with more flexibility. I don't mind melo resigning with NY. If so, i look forward to the bulls mopping the floor with them and making melo eat that max contract he got to be part of a club that won't make it past the 1st round of the playoffs.

get past the wiz first and we can talk

Stunner
07-04-2014, 11:58 PM
get past the wiz first and we can talk

Lol irony coming from guy who team who couldn't make the playoffs in one of the worst years in the East .

Linkels
07-05-2014, 12:10 AM

Same. I would love to hear their grand plan once Melo signs that max contract. I would almost bet that Knicks miss playoffs again even when Melo signs that max contract. Pretty pathetic missing playoffs two years in a row.
Heat
Bulls
Pacers
Nets
Raptors
Cavs
Hawks
Hornets
Wizards

east fb knicks
07-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Lol irony coming from guy who team who couldn't make the playoffs in one of the worst years in the East .

im not saying we are the better team but im saying worry about your own team even with rose back you guys still couldn't beat the wiz imo lets not act like the bulls are a power house both the knicks and bulls are first rd exits imo right now unless both teams make some serious moves but the difference is the knicks will have cap in 2015 but the bulls won't

Stunner
07-05-2014, 01:01 AM
im not saying we are the better team but im saying worry about your own team even with rose back you guys still couldn't beat the wiz imo lets not act like the bulls are a power house both the knicks and bulls are first rd exits imo right now unless both teams make some serious moves but the difference is the knicks will have cap in 2015 but the bulls won't

Lol how do you know the bulls couldn't beat the Wiz without Rose ? Every game in the series was close despite what the series record shows . Good luck with those future hopes and dreams of betting on players who aren't on your team yet .

east fb knicks
07-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Lol how do you know the bulls couldn't beat the Wiz without Rose ? Every game in the series was close despite what the series record shows . Good luck with those future hopes and dreams of betting on players who aren't on your team yet .

you guys still lost 4 1 bro just man up ntm the wiz are a very young team giving them another year to gel is only going to make them better and it's not like you guys even took it to 6 games now if you guys can add a gasol or lance and bring over mirotic I might change my mind

Stunner
07-05-2014, 01:16 AM
you guys still lost 4 1 bro just man up ntm the wiz are a very young team giving them another year to gel is only going to make them better and it's not like you guys even took it to 6 games now if you guys can add a gasol or lance and bring over mirotic I might change my mind

Man up about what ? Lol we got beat because we were talented enough and still doesn't change the fact that all the games ended close . You said even with Rose we would have lost and that's just an bias opinion ; basing off the games played adding Rose the series would have prob went 7 games . And I could care less what you change your mind about her team lol just try and make the playoffs makes year before you call yourself slandering teams that were in the playoffs and your team wasn't even in .

Animosity
07-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Great how a post about Mirotic brings out the NY trolls looking to fight because they are in secure. If Melo was going to take 15 mil he would just do it with the Knicks. Considering Love is a better option because the longer championship window and other smaller moves the bulls are making to bring in scoring I'm pretty sure most fans are really indifferent about Melo. Most expect him to stay in NY and if he happens to become a bull we know a s&t would be the only realistic option.

east fb knicks
07-05-2014, 03:10 AM
Man up about what ? Lol we got beat because we were talented enough and still doesn't change the fact that all the games ended close . You said even with Rose we would have lost and that's just an bias opinion ; basing off the games played adding Rose the series would have prob went 7 games . And I could care less what you change your mind about her team lol just try and make the playoffs makes year before you call yourself slandering teams that were in the playoffs and your team wasn't even in .

you do realize we won 54 games the year before lets not act like the knicks are a lottery team now esp with us having a new coach and pg that alone will get us in the playoffs however your beloved bulls lost a key part in deng unless you guys replace him I just don't think you guys have enough talent and stop discrediting the wiz as of right now they are the better team even if you guys have rose you really think rose can guard wall with his bum knee

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 04:20 AM
He is similar to Dmo. He could be a good player but may need some time to adjust his game to fit the NBA like Dmo. I could see the bulls either moving him later on in a deal or stashing him in the D-League for a little while.

Stunner
07-05-2014, 09:41 AM
you do realize we won 54 games the year before lets not act like the knicks are a lottery team now esp with us having a new coach and pg that alone will get us in the playoffs however your beloved bulls lost a key part in deng unless you guys replace him I just don't think you guys have enough talent and stop discrediting the wiz as of right now they are the better team even if you guys have rose you really think rose can guard wall with his bum knee

How could we forget the Knicks won 54 games , y'all keep reminding us but it's all null because y'all failed to make the playoffs in a worse east year . And I stated we aren't talented enough and nobody discredited the wiz the simple fact is They still had a fight on their hands even tho they should have blown us out every game based off the talent on the floor . And you can't say they're a better team than us right now even with Rose because nobody hasn't signed . I still don't find them better than the Heat , Bulls or Pacers not a heathy squad at that . The wiz are on the same level as those old ATL hawks teams with Joe Johnson , Horford and Smith ; all the talent but when it came time they just didn't have that next level .

Stunner
07-05-2014, 09:43 AM
He is similar to Dmo. He could be a good player but may need some time to adjust his game to fit the NBA like Dmo. I could see the bulls either moving him later on in a deal or stashing him in the D-League for a little while.

Sorry but he's a better prospect than DMO lol this guy was borderline a top 10 player in this draft if he came out coming from scouts basically replacing Saric as the too euro guy .

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Sorry but he's a better prospect than DMO lol this guy was borderline a top 10 player in this draft if he came out coming from scouts basically replacing Saric as the too euro guy .
I wasn't saying Dmo was better, I'm saying they look similar.

Grandpas Boots!
07-05-2014, 02:38 PM
you do realize we won 54 games the year before lets not act like the knicks are a lottery team now esp with us having a new coach and pg that alone will get us in the playoffs however your beloved bulls lost a key part in deng unless you guys replace him I just don't think you guys have enough talentand stop discrediting the wiz as of right now they are the better team even if you guys have rose you really think rose can guard wall with his bum knee

I'm not sure you actually follow the game of basketball after reading this comment. Did you know the Bulls traded him away mid season? Do you know the Bulls records before the deng trade? And then after the deng trade?

And I'm not even gonna touch the Rookie head coach and New PG "who u traded away your best defender for" will bring you to the playoffs comment. Some of this stuff is gold I tell ya....pure gold.

sager729
07-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Why do Knicks fans have to comment on everything Bulls related and never positive? Just annoying, that's why I mostly stay out of the NBA forum.

cssdmark
07-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Bargnani 2.0.

Failure
07-06-2014, 08:30 AM

In the last 10 years, the Knicks have been way more bad than good.

east fb knicks
07-06-2014, 04:20 PM
How could we forget the Knicks won 54 games , y'all keep reminding us but it's all null because y'all failed to make the playoffs in a worse east year . And I stated we aren't talented enough and nobody discredited the wiz the simple fact is They still had a fight on their hands even tho they should have blown us out every game based off the talent on the floor . And you can't say they're a better team than us right now even with Rose because nobody hasn't signed . I still don't find them better than the Heat , Bulls or Pacers not a heathy squad at that . The wiz are on the same level as those old ATL hawks teams with Joe Johnson , Horford and Smith ; all the talent but when it came time they just didn't have that next level .

um I can definitely say the wiz are a better team they beat you guys 4 1 and I never said they were better than indy or mia I just said they're better than the bulls and I also said if you guys get pau or lance than you guys jump back up to top 4 imo im not trolling just telling the truth if the bulls strike out in free agency and only bring over mirotic to replace deng it's going to be a long year for you guys good luck

WOwolfOL
07-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Why do Knicks fans have to comment on everything Bulls related and never positive? Just annoying, that's why I mostly stay out of the NBA forum.
Because monkeyface never got a ring

east fb knicks
07-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Because monkeyface never got a ring

how dare you talk about the great pat ewing:mad:

WOwolfOL
07-06-2014, 04:31 PM
It's written all over your face that you can't get over the 90s but your boy had another chance and Hakeem sent him packing.

east fb knicks
07-06-2014, 04:35 PM
It's written all over your face that you can't get over the 90s but your boy had another chance and Hakeem sent him packing.

:laugh: that dam lay up

NBA_Starter
07-06-2014, 04:48 PM
I am ready to see what all of the hype is about.

Tmoore
07-06-2014, 08:45 PM
This is my first post on this site. I see alot of Neg. comments about Mirotic or at the very least not giving this kid his due....This guy can play....If he was in this years draft he would have gone top 5...Hes a highly skilled stretch forward and a two time Euro League MVP (never done before).....Possible Dirk 2.0......

NBA_Starter
07-06-2014, 08:49 PM
I can't wait to see him get to show his skills.