PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Animosity: Cleveland and Miami

Redrum187
07-04-2014, 05:35 AM
Compare the potential animosity of the current Miami Heat fans and the Cleveland Cavalier fans (of 2010) in each hypothetical scenario:

LeBron James leaves Miami [back to Cleveland][for the Houston Rockets][for the Phoenix Suns][for the Dallas Mavericks].

Do you think the Miami Heat fans feel less, the same, or more animosity than the Cleveland Cavalier fans of 2010 felt towards LeBron James leaving them? Explain for each hypothetical and potential destination (Cleveland, Houston, Phoenix, Dallas).

Note: LeBron James could just as well resign with the Heat, this is not about that hypothetical so please stay on point. Thanks.

ombada
07-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Compare the potential animosity of the current Miami Heat fans and the Cleveland Cavalier fans (of 2010) in each hypothetical scenario:

LeBron James leaves Miami [for the Houston Rockets][for the Phoenix Suns][for the Dallas Mavericks].

Do you think the Miami Heat fans feel [B]just as much, the same, or more animosity than the Cleveland Cavalier fans of 2010 felt towards LeBron James leaving them? Explain for each hypothetical and potential destination (Cleveland, Houston, Phoenix, Dallas).

Note: LeBron James could just as well resign with the Heat, this is not about that hypothetical so please stay on point. Thanks.

The bold are the same level of animosity. It should read "...less, the same, or more..."

Redrum187
07-04-2014, 05:44 AM
The bold are the same level of animosity. It should read "...less, the same, or more..."

Thank you for that. I usually triple-check everything I write. I'm not sure how that error passed me. :cheers:

beasted86
07-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Simply playing by your game (assuming he's leaving), being a HEAT fan my animosity will probably be the same but for different reasons.

Cleveland fans were mad because they felt he chickened out on the challenge and going against his own statement that he wanted to win a championship for that franchise.

Me, I would be angry for different reasons. Unlike them I don't hold any liability of loyalty to the HEAT franchise by LeBron, despite the championships and Finals trips. He played out his contract, if he wants to play elsewhere so be it. I would not feel he backed away from a challenge either. You only play a few years, if he feels he can't contend anymore with Miami and needs a better team, that's also within his right. The primary point of anger would be the departure circumstances of free agency.

When he left Cleveland they were going to be above the cap whether he resigned or left. They had no roster flexibility to quickly rebuild or retool. Although this wasn't too many Cavs fans saying this, and more of outside fans, some also felt he owed them some type of obligation to trade him, which makes little sense to me. LeBron was trying to win a championship there. Contrary to troll belief he didn't know years ago he was leaving and colluded to lose on purpose. If he won, he likely opts into the final season on his then current deal, at the minimum, and if he really just wanted to go to a bigger market, could have pushed for it in 2011 assuming his old Cavs supporting cast was not able to repeat as champions. He then looks slightly better in his departure by saying basically "I won the championship I promised you, but couldn't repeat cause we have old 36+ Shaq and Jamison, so I have to leave and find a better team". Then could have teamed up with Carmelo that summer anyway.

The difference is, if LeBron decided he was leaving the HEAT, I would have wanted him to inform Riley over the last couple days so he could have been more aggressive pursuing Lowry and Gortat, because we realistically could have afforded both without LeBron, and maybe a wing defender like Thabo. Potentially we would be right back in the Finals next summer with that lineup assuming we resign Bosh also and he really likes Miami and would probably be willing to stay with that type of lineup knowing he would be more of a focal point and they can offer more money and years than other teams.

So if LeBron left, especially for another EC team, it would kind of be like he purposely held Riley hostage to eliminate his potential competition.

king4day
07-04-2014, 09:55 AM
From the outside looking in, I don't believe Heat fans will be as upset. It'll hurt, sure, but they probably understand that they had 4 great years including the 2 titles. For this to ever work long term, you need to pay people and the cap doesn't help. So it's not easy to keep them all together.

richiesaurus310
07-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Would Heat fans be as hurt if he went back to Cleveland?

prodigy
07-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Umm he won heat 2 titles. He won Cleveland zero. I mean heat fans should know lebron don't give a crap about y'all. He went there for rings and got them. I doubt he thought about heat fans once since signing. I mean this in no disrespect its the truth. He just wanted rings.

Not sure how y'all could even be mad at him

Sly Guy
07-04-2014, 11:09 AM
less. He isn't going to go on TV for a 'decision' again, so he's not going to embarrass the city of miami the way he did cleveland.

They may hate him for being a turncoat, lack of loyalty, or ring chasing, or being more concerned with his legacy than being a true competitor, but it won't be as bad as the decision was.

I still think he stays. I think he's wary of the media hype that surrounded him the last time and how it played out, and the fact he'll be labelled as a fair weather player if he does.

MrfadeawayJB
07-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Well it will be less because in Cleveland he promised a championship and he grew up not far from there and was considered "one of their own". The typical Miami fan just takes this dynasty they formed for granted. The true Miami fans will be more upset, but he did bring you two champs and four finals appearances

TylerSL
07-04-2014, 12:27 PM
If he does leave, I still do not believe he is but in the case he does it would be extremely cowardly. Miami is not Cleveland. Miami has not only embraced him, but the best player in our team's history took a back seat for him. Erik Spoelstra has completely transformed the offense that only works because of him and Chris Bosh has sacrificed almost all other aspects of his game to become one of the best jump shooters to give Lebron nice driving lanes. So Miami has not just been bending over backwards to retain him, we have been bending over backwards for him for a long time.

Don't get me wrong it has worked out extremely well for Miami, but (IF he leaves) to run out the door the first time the team shows a true crack in it's armor would be ridiculous. When we lost in 2011 people knew we were gonna be back so this truly is the first time the team has looked vulnerable in 4 years. People have been speculating about Wade since 2012, but we were still winning.

But if he does leave he is not only quitting on the entire organization that has bent over backwards and changed everything about themselves just to make him as comfortable as possible, he is also quitting on the organization that he has won with. Miami is different than Cleveland in a lot of ways, but the fact that he has won here and can continue to win would make a said decision to leave disguising.

However if he does leave I will try to remember him by these last 4 years. He has brought a lot to the organization that cannot be replaced. I will be angry with him, and I will hope he does not win a title with another team, but I won't hate him.

waveycrockett
07-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Cleveland Fans were crying like someone kidnapped their child when LeBron left. I dont imagine we will see a mass burning of LeBron jerseys or people showing up to his house to protest and throw stuff like we did when he left CLE in 2010.

waveycrockett
07-04-2014, 01:03 PM
If he does leave, I still do not believe he is but in the case he does it would be extremely cowardly. Miami is not Cleveland. Miami has not only embraced him, but the best player in our team's history took a back seat for him. Erik Spoelstra has completely transformed the offense that only works because of him and Chris Bosh has sacrificed almost all other aspects of his game to become one of the best jump shooters to give Lebron nice driving lanes. So Miami has not just been bending over backwards to retain him, we have been bending over backwards for him for a long time.

Don't get me wrong it has worked out extremely well for Miami, but (IF he leaves) to run out the door the first time the team shows a true crack in it's armor would be ridiculous. When we lost in 2011 people knew we were gonna be back so this truly is the first time the team has looked vulnerable in 4 years. People have been speculating about Wade since 2012, but we were still winning.

But if he does leave he is not only quitting on the entire organization that has bent over backwards and changed everything about themselves just to make him as comfortable as possible, he is also quitting on the organization that he has won with. Miami is different than Cleveland in a lot of ways, but the fact that he has won here and can continue to win would make a said decision to leave disguising.

However if he does leave I will try to remember him by these last 4 years. He has brought a lot to the organization that cannot be replaced. I will be angry with him, and I will hope he does not win a title with another team, but I won't hate him.

LeBron came to Miami as a hired Mercenary. He has no roots or ties to Miami and he won you guys 2 Championships and 4 trips to the finals. If he leaves be grateful for what he gave you and move on. You cant be made if a hired Merc decides to pack it up and merc for someone else.

JEDean89
07-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Lebron just can't be ring chasing this desperately at his age (he still isn't even 30!), I just feel like he put all this pressure on himself and it has taken away from the fact that this guy should be having tons of fun playing in the league. Instead he put the pressure of not 1, not 2, not 6, and etched chosen one on his back. Miami still has all the tools required to win a chip. They got Shabazz, they could sign Isiah Thomas, and maybe pull of a coup in Gasol. The whole idea of jumping ship from a team that went to 4 straight Finals and won 2 is ridiculous.

I'm also curious as to why Lebron, who is hailed for making his teammates better, has failed to make Wade or Bosh anywhere near as effective as they were without him. IMO Lebron being the primary ballhandler isn't good for Miami and that if they had a real PG handling the ball that it would open the floor much more for MIA, especially now that Lebron could shoot. Lebron could be a 30+ ppg scorer, Bosh could run the 2 man game with a PG and Wade could slash and cut his way to 15 a night. The whole Chris Bosh is only good for spacing the floor thing is old now. I'm tired of watching a guy who should be the best PF in the game only camping out at the 3 point line.

WITZ
07-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Of course the animosity is different he won 2 chips with the heat & most likely won't surprise the team he is leaving by telling them on national TV instead of face to face this time.

Pablonovi
07-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Three things:
I don't think Miami fans have any reason at all to be mad at LeBron - he gave you/them 4 Great Years (individually & team-success-wise). What a thrill and honor for all Miami / HEAT fans.

I don't think Cleveland fans had any reason at all to be mad at LeBron - he gave you/them 6-7 Great Years and a trip to the Finals for a virtual "D-League" Team (besides him). What an extended thrill and honor.

In the first dozen posts in this thread, I get the strong impression that the posters (so far) hate LeBron (for supposedly chasing rings). (I bet even MJ would not have stayed in Chicago if his team hadn't have gotten good enough to challenge for Chips. Many other great players have either switched teams, threatened to do so, or wished they had. For me, after 4-5 years of dedication to one team, you have every right to stay or switch - and no one has any right to complain about it.

He's given NBA fans 10 truly great years (and a marvelous first year as well). Hopefully he can give us a number more of Great Years - boy would I love that.

The average NBA GOAT All-Time Top 10-er has/had 10-11 Great Years. I feel NOTHING but respect towards LBJ (and all the other truly Great players, past and present); and am so thankful he has graced our world with his magnificent play.

sarge1985
07-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Simply playing by your game (assuming he's leaving), being a HEAT fan my animosity will probably be the same but for different reasons.

Cleveland fans were mad because they felt he chickened out on the challenge and going against his own statement that he wanted to win a championship for that franchise.

Me, I would be angry for different reasons. Unlike them I don't hold any liability of loyalty to the HEAT franchise by LeBron, despite the championships and Finals trips. He played out his contract, if he wants to play elsewhere so be it. I would not feel he backed away from a challenge either. You only play a few years, if he feels he can't contend anymore with Miami and needs a better team, that's also within his right. The primary point of anger would be the departure circumstances of free agency.

When he left Cleveland they were going to be above the cap whether he resigned or left. They had no roster flexibility to quickly rebuild or retool. Although this wasn't too many Cavs fans saying this, and more of outside fans, some also felt he owed them some type of obligation to trade him, which makes little sense to me. LeBron was trying to win a championship there. Contrary to troll belief he didn't know years ago he was leaving and colluded to lose on purpose. If he won, he likely opts into the final season on his then current deal, at the minimum, and if he really just wanted to go to a bigger market, could have pushed for it in 2011 assuming his old Cavs supporting cast was not able to repeat as champions. He then looks slightly better in his departure by saying basically "I won the championship I promised you, but couldn't repeat cause we have old 36+ Shaq and Jamison, so I have to leave and find a better team". Then could have teamed up with Carmelo that summer anyway.

The difference is, if LeBron decided he was leaving the HEAT, I would have wanted him to inform Riley over the last couple days so he could have been more aggressive pursuing Lowry and Gortat, because we realistically could have afforded both without LeBron, and maybe a wing defender like Thabo. Potentially we would be right back in the Finals next summer with that lineup assuming we resign Bosh also and he really likes Miami and would probably be willing to stay with that type of lineup knowing he would be more of a focal point and they can offer more money and years than other teams.

So if LeBron left, especially for another EC team, it would kind of be like he purposely held Riley hostage to eliminate his potential competition.

I couldn't have said it any better. Riley understands this is a business and as he said during one of his press conferences "this stuff is hard". Well it doesn't help that Lebron doesn't let Riles in on his intent, unless they have a surprise up their sleeve. But the people of Miami are a lot more classier than burning his jersey cause he leaves (I would hope so). However it is very interesting that the Heat haven't moved along by at least signing one or two role players, sometimes I wonder if Riles is up to something, wouldn't surprise me one bit.

sarge1985
07-04-2014, 01:51 PM
It's funny how most of the comments on this thread are from other NBA fans that root for other teams trying to speak on our behalf. People are just egging on Heat fans to act as disgraceful as those Cavalier fans did when Lebron left, not happening. Whether he leaves or stays we will continue to be Heat Nation, and don't forget that they won a championship without Lebron and with 50plus million in cap space I like our chances. If he leaves he gets a big "thank you" and if he stays he just gets a bigger "thank you". Either way I'll be glad when this is over. Let's go Heat!!!

Dade County
07-04-2014, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't lose any sleep if lbj left.

Miami would target Melo this free agency period, & I know Pat would work out a plan with Wade & Bosh to target K Love next off season.

As long as Miami have Pat & Wade, we keep this thing rolling.

Hey Lbj, the times you weren't fallowing orders, the HEAT organization won 2 championships with you... The times you put the NBA wishes in front of the Miami HEAT organization & your teammates, you cost us 2. I will never forget, take care.

Pablonovi
07-04-2014, 02:59 PM

Miami would target Melo this free agency period, & I know Pat would work out a plan with Wade & Bosh to target K Love next off season.

Hey Lbj, the times you weren't fallowing orders, the HEAT organization won 2 championships with you... The times you put the NBA wishes in front of the Miami HEAT organization & your teammates, you cost us 2. I will never forget, take care.

Hey Dade County,
I have no idea what your last paragraph means. LBJ wasn't following orders (which orders from whom?) and (because of that?) the team won two Chips. Then he put the NBA (which NBA, the Commissioner's Office, the majority of the owners, something/somebody else?) first, supposedly LeBron COST (???) the team the other 2 Chips? Mind explaining/expanding, please?

btw, personally I think DWade is done as an elite player (even with all those regular season games off; even with no back-to-back games in the Play-Offs, to me, he seemed weaker every series (as the competition got tougher).

I DO think Riles has done an excellent job (and will probably continue to).

Dade County
07-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Hey Dade County,
I have no idea what your last paragraph means. LBJ wasn't following orders (which orders from whom?) and (because of that?) the team won two Chips. Then he put the NBA (which NBA, the Commissioner's Office, the majority of the owners, something/somebody else?) first, supposedly LeBron COST (???) the team the other 2 Chips? Mind explaining/expanding, please?

btw, personally I think DWade is done as an elite player (even with all those regular season games off; even with no back-to-back games in the Play-Offs, to me, he seemed weaker every series (as the competition got tougher).

I DO think Riles has done an excellent job (and will probably continue to).

Ummm, to sum it up I believe that the league is rigged. And Lbj along with other players (and players that came before them), stretch playoff series out & throw games from time to time, to give the perception that the league is more competitive then it really is. Good for ratings and the morale of other cities fan basses.

It allows players get more money (Roy Hibbert...etc), it allows coaches to keep there job (for an extra 2 to 3yrs), organizations save face in their fans eyes...on and on.

One big NBA brotherhood.

Sneaky
07-04-2014, 03:21 PM
4 straight finals and 2 ships, I ain't mad baby. Good luck if you leave.

Please stay though :D

bucketss
07-04-2014, 03:26 PM

why would melo sign with a broken down wade and bosh hmmm

Pablonovi
07-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Ummm, to sum it up I believe that the league is rigged. And Lbj along with other players (and players that came before them), stretch playoff series out & throw games from time to time, to give the perception that the league is more competitive then it really is. Good for ratings and the morale of other cities fan basses.

It allows players get more money (Roy Hibbert...etc), it allows coaches to keep there job (for an extra 2 to 3yrs), organizations save face in their fans eyes...on and on.

One big NBA brotherhood.

Hey DC,
Thanx for (having the guts to give) your explanation.
I don't automatically rule out theories IF they seem to make good economic (-political) underpinnings. In the case of the NBA in particular either.

btw, with your theory, how would you explain the Finals 5-game blowout we just witnessed; (it was the least competitive Finals in my recent memory)? ("Balance-out" for last year's Finals? - still it could have been WAY more competitive and still resulted in a Spurs ultimate triumph, no?)

Dade County
07-04-2014, 03:47 PM
why would melo sign with a broken down wade and bosh hmmm

Because I believe they would go to the Final's, coming out the East. I think thats what Melo is looking for.

I don't think Wade is "broken down", I think Wade & Kobe are both going to have a very good season next year (two sg's that everyone think are done), it will be as if they weren't ever even injured.

And Bosh is just playing a role, he can avg 23pts per game if he wanted to with the HEAT.

I think the best way I can put it is like this...

If you compared Wade to every SG in the east, and both Wade & whoever that other SG in the east is had the same exact team; and you made them play a playoff series. I believe the team with Wade on it, would win 4-1.

naps
07-04-2014, 03:55 PM
I will be extremely sad if he's gone but will never be mad at him. It's easy to judge people when you're not who they are and when it's not affecting your own life but I have always believed as a free agent he has all the rights to pick the best place for himself. It will take quite a while for this to settle down inside me and then I'll say thank you LeBron for giving us 4 amazing years. I will always support him though as long as it's not against my Heat. My opinions will never change about him or his talents.

topdog
07-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Well it will be less because in Cleveland he promised a championship and he grew up not far from there and was considered "one of their own". The typical Miami fan just takes this dynasty they formed for granted. The true Miami fans will be more upset, but he did bring you two champs and four finals appearances

^This right here. Nowhere near the same as having the local hero ditch his "hometown" team and on national t.v. no less.

Dade County
07-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Hey DC,
Thanx for (having the guts to give) your explanation.
I don't automatically rule out theories IF they seem to make good economic (-political) underpinnings. In the case of the NBA in particular either.

btw, with your theory, how would you explain the Finals 5-game blowout we just witnessed; (it was the least competitive Finals in my recent memory)? ("Balance-out" for last year's Finals? - still it could have been WAY more competitive and still resulted in a Spurs ultimate triumph, no?)

How can I explain this...

When the league wants something to end (HEAT) or the league has determined a winner, past history has shown the league has no problem with a Final's being over in 5.

In 1991 Bulls over lakers (entering in Jordan exit out Magic)

In 2004, Piston beating Lakers 4-1 (ending the Lakers Shaq era ... The beginning of the Kobe Lakers era)

In 2012, HEAT beating OKC 4-1 (the beginning of Lbj era)

This season 2014, Spurs beating HEAT (ending the perceive notion that the HEAT have a big 3 & it's only Lbj that is the super star). Very good for the league fan base.

But this is a double edge sword, that Pat riley will try to exploit :). Meaning if Wade & Bosh are no longer considered stars, then the league, media & the Nba fan base shouldn't be angry if they get a star player to play alongside Lbj.

Basketball to the NBA fan base is perceptually better that the HEAT loss the way they did. Lbj haters & the causal Nba fan.

IndiansFan337
07-04-2014, 05:07 PM

LeBron James leaves Miami [back to Cleveland][for the Houston Rockets][for the Phoenix Suns][for the Dallas Mavericks].

Do you think the Miami Heat fans feel less, the same, or more animosity than the Cleveland Cavalier fans of 2010 felt towards LeBron James leaving them? Explain for each hypothetical and potential destination (Cleveland, Houston, Phoenix, Dallas).

Heat fans would and should feel much less hatred, because he won them two titles and never left promises for their fans unfulfilled, as he did for Cleveland fans in the summer of 2010.

TylerSL
07-04-2014, 06:48 PM
LeBron came to Miami as a hired Mercenary. He has no roots or ties to Miami and he won you guys 2 Championships and 4 trips to the finals. If he leaves be grateful for what he gave you and move on. You cant be made if a hired Merc decides to pack it up and merc for someone else.

You cannot be serious.....

prodigy
07-04-2014, 07:23 PM

You cannot be serious.....

I mean cavs fans were suppose to be grateful lebron gave us 7 years zero ships lol. So from that thinking y'all should build him a statue.

Pistol_Pete
07-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Honestly, there really isn't even a comparison. It's two completely different situations.

Cleveland was a franchise that has never won a championship, and their hometown kid left them, publicly on TV in a long drawn out ordeal, to play with his friends in Miami. Miami is a team that already had a title and a has seen a bunch of all-stars. LeBron came to town to play with the Heats superstar, took less money, led them to 4 Finals and 2 championships, and now Wade is much less of a player he was four years ago. That's a big difference.

Of course people would still be annoyed is he left. He's not a hometown guy though, and he delivered championships. You can only be made that he might think he has a better shot elsewhere. But can you me "madder" than Cleveland fans? No. No way.

TylerSL
07-04-2014, 09:03 PM
I mean cavs fans were suppose to be grateful lebron gave us 7 years zero ships lol. So from that thinking y'all should build him a statue.

That guy was acting like Lebron was just some ****ing mercenary and we should just not care when he leaves, and thats just not true.

Pablonovi
07-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Heat fans would and should feel much less hatred, because he won them two titles and never left promises for their fans unfulfilled, as he did for Cleveland fans in the summer of 2010.

Hey IF337,
I'm NOT into this; but he certainly promised not 1, not 2, but a number more of Chips - so there's that "promise non-fulfillment".

For myself, I'm kind of hoping that he switches team ever 2-3 years so we can see what he can do with and for completely different sets of teammates. For me he's a once-in-a-generation super-talent; I can't wait to see more of his greatness; and it's got me thinking "outside the box".

As far as I'm concerned "he can do no wrong"; after all he's given the League and us fans. And it's got me just dying to see him face new challenges, perhaps in new places ...

P.S. I'm not from Cleveland; but, I'm not from a lot of other places either - I'd think the Clevelanders would be mighty proud of their "son" shining so bright. (But then, I root more for great plays and players than for teams).

Pablonovi
07-04-2014, 09:17 PM
That guy was acting like Lebron was just some ****ing mercenary and we should just not care when he leaves, and thats just not true.

Hey TSL,
Yeah. What's he gonna say if that supposed hired "mercenary" stays the rest of his career; kind of like what KAJ did between putting in some great years with the Bucks and then taking his "mercenary" ways to L.A.

Can you remain a hired mercenary if you stay a ton of years? Oh, are any NBA players playing for free? So, then, aren't they all, to some extent, hired mercenaries?

I gotta compliment the guy - that's a creative and, what's the word?, "incriminating" label to put on a player you hate: "mercenary". Kind of cool title, bizarre, unfitting, but cool-sounding.

kpjets
07-04-2014, 10:26 PM
what heat fans, 90% of heat fans are lebron fan. they will follow what ever team he goes to.

Sparky
07-04-2014, 10:34 PM
what heat fans, 90% of heat fans are lebron fan. they will follow what ever team he goes to.

Easy for a New Yorker to rip Miami fans but Miami's NBA fans actually have been HEAT fans since before Lebron.

And it's pretty widely known here that Wade and UD in particular opted out from contracts that they would never get on the open market. The did that assuming LBJ would be back. If he left them twisting in the wind, that wouldn't be cool.

But.........Heat fans still won't burn jerseys......b/c we're happy that this is still Miami. And we don't have to live in Cleveland. (no offense)

WITZ
07-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Easy for a New Yorker to rip Miami fans but Miami's NBA fans actually have been HEAT fans since before Lebron.

And it's pretty widely known here that Wade and UD in particular opted out from contracts that they would never get on the open market. The did that assuming LBJ would be back. If he left them twisting in the wind, that wouldn't be cool.

But.........Heat fans still won't burn jerseys......b/c we're happy that this is still Miami. And we don't have to live in Cleveland. (no offense)

Every fan base has those guys that give others a bad name so don't be surprised if it happens. Ill just drop this off in here.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/05/original/yty9ure9.jpg

Tony_Starks
07-04-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't think Miami fans would be that mad because at the end of the day he would look like a dumba ss and total coward. You're going to leave a team that you've went to 4 straight Finals with just because you lost? Doesn't get more corny than that.

Miami is going to be relevant regardless, he would just be a laughing stock....

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Even if LeBron stays or goes. Heat still held hostage for other signings. Ton of players already signed elsewhere. Not much left to pick from. Melo has two contracts to pick from. Once he decides. Now sounds like reports of teams lining up to offer max deal for Bosh.

Quinnsanity
07-05-2014, 02:51 PM
The cognitive dissonance would be hilarious. Heat fans would be furious, but they'd force themselves not to act too bitter about it on the outside because they wouldn't want to be compared to Cleveland fans in 2010 or called hypocrites for defending him them. It'd be incredible.

rocket
07-05-2014, 03:23 PM
No way Heat fans should be mad as Cleveland fans. LeBron was their #1 pick. He was the hometown kid. He restored their franchise.

rocket
07-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't think Miami fans would be that mad because at the end of the day he would look like a dumba ss and total coward. You're going to leave a team that you've went to 4 straight Finals with just because you lost? Doesn't get more corny than that.

Miami is going to be relevant regardless, he would just be a laughing stock....

Yeah... he would be a laughing stock for choosing where he wants to continue his career. Best player in the NBA. Just love to hate

mjm07
07-05-2014, 08:10 PM
From the outside looking in, I don't believe Heat fans will be as upset. It'll hurt, sure, but they probably understand that they had 4 great years including the 2 titles. For this to ever work long term, you need to pay people and the cap doesn't help. So it's not easy to keep them all together.

Agreed.

Pablonovi
07-07-2014, 08:59 PM
The cognitive dissonance would be hilarious. Heat fans would be furious, but they'd force themselves not to act too bitter about it on the outside because they wouldn't want to be compared to Cleveland fans in 2010 or called hypocrites for defending him them. It'd be incredible.

PSD's Profoundest Post: Positing Hilarious Cognitive Dissonance In Furious Heat Minds?

Hey Quinnsanity,
The profundity of this your post has caused cognitive dissonance in my head; talk about hilarious (or should I be as furious as Heat fans won't pretend to not be?)