PDA

View Full Version : Rockets might go after Bosh after Melo situation

Stunner
07-04-2014, 01:23 AM
@ESPNSteinLine: While Houston holds out hope it can still win Melo Sweepstakes, ESPN sources say Rockets have already let Bosh know they're still huge fans

kobe4thewinbang
07-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Does Bosh play the PF position? I don't get it...

Stunner
07-04-2014, 01:31 AM
Does Bosh play the PF position? I don't get it...

Is this a serious question ?

kobe4thewinbang
07-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Is this a serious question ?Totally serious.

Didn't Miami run this lineup in the finals?

C - Bosh
PF - James (or Lewis?)
SF - James (or Lewis?)
SG - Wade
PG - Chalmers/Cole

I don't watch Miami games much, and wasn't watching during Bosh's time with Raptors. So is he more of a stretch 4 or 5?

Stunner
07-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Totally serious.

Didn't Miami run this lineup in the finals?

C - Bosh
PF - James (or Lewis?)
SF - James (or Lewis?)
SG - Wade
PG - Chalmers/Cole

I don't watch Miami games much, and wasn't watching during Bosh's time with Raptors. So is he more of a stretch 4 or 5?

He's a natural PF playing out of position

elledaddy
07-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Dont see bosh as that much of an upgrade over TJones at this point. They probably should get a new coach but if they plan on keeping Mchale, with that system, they should go after Hawes or Frye. Same fit as Bosh for a half the price

Stunner
07-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Dont see bosh as that much of an upgrade over TJones at this point. They probably should get a new coach but if they plan on keeping Mchale, with that system, they should go after Hawes or Frye. Same fit as Bosh for a half the price

Bosh is way better than any of those players you listed in that post

Stunner
07-04-2014, 01:41 AM
I hope the Bulls get in on this , reports bosh wants between 16-18 million per is reasonable and he's worth it . Bulls can get in that range by moving Taj , Booz , MDJ and prob Snell ; but I could see a sign and trade of Taj . snell and the sac pick for Bosh.

Aust
07-04-2014, 01:42 AM
Make Miami sweat

Saddletramp
07-04-2014, 01:42 AM

Bosh is a big improvement over TJones but that money makes it almost even, all things considered. And I agree the Rockets might be better with Hawes and another solid rotation guy than Bosh alone.

Stunner
07-04-2014, 01:46 AM
But I mean Hou gonna be paying Bosh the money they would have gave to Melo . And unlike Melo who is an ultra good one way player , bosh is a very good two way player .

kobe4thewinbang
07-04-2014, 01:51 AM
But I mean Hou gonna be paying Bosh the money they would have gave to Melo . And unlike Melo who is an ultra good one way player , bosh is a very good two way player .I dunno, man. He missed a lot of open shots in the finals. I think he's asking for too much, unless he seriously improves.

Sactown
07-04-2014, 01:51 AM
People forget how good Bosh is when he gets touches and isn't anchoring a defense

RipCity32
07-04-2014, 01:55 AM
Bosh would be a better fit then Melo for that team anyways.

Stunner
07-04-2014, 01:55 AM
People forget how good Bosh is when he gets touches and isn't anchoring a defense

Yea Miami changed his game a lot they moved him further away from the basket like a SG . A Parsons / Bosh / Howard front court is amazing .

IversonIsKrazy
07-04-2014, 01:58 AM
Would be a big upgrade, and would love to see Miami crack under pressure if this happened

elledaddy
07-04-2014, 02:05 AM

Its not about if Bosh is a better player, its about is he worth what they are gonna ask him to do. Houston, as is, is a run-n-gun team that shoots alot of 3s and occasionally post up DHoward. Why pay Bosh 16 mill( lets just say that much) to basically grab around 8 rebs, score between 16-20 pts and hit some 3s when they could basically get that same production out of Jones/Frye or Jones/Hawes combo for half the price?

Sactown
07-04-2014, 02:09 AM
Yea Miami changed his game a lot they moved him further away from the basket like a SG . A Parsons / Bosh / Howard front court is amazing .
He made a comment this year that he stopped posting up because anchoring the defense took so much out of him.. And Spo constantly said they didn't run any plays for him during long stretches... Dudes a great offensive weapon if you use him as a 1b or 2nd optiom

Stunner
07-04-2014, 02:14 AM
He made a comment this year that he stopped posting up because anchoring the defense took so much out of him.. And Spo constantly said they didn't run any plays for him during long stretches... Dudes a great offensive weapon if you use him as a 1b or 2nd optiom

Yea , he gave up the most of the big 3 . And it's really crappy that he had to opt out because of Bron and now he won't even come back . Bosh deserves what he's asking for .

Nikeman
07-04-2014, 02:15 AM
Bosh would not leave Miami to become the 4th option in Houston, or option 3rd option. Bosh would only leave to have a primary role.

He would get less shots in Houston than in Miami where he's about to become the second option.

He'd definitely get less touches/attempts than Harden and Howard and arguably even Parsons.

bluefire7002
07-04-2014, 02:51 AM
Bosh would not leave Miami to become the 4th option in Houston, or option 3rd option. Bosh would only leave to have a primary role.

He would get less shots in Houston than in Miami where he's about to become the second option.

He'd definitely get less touches/attempts than Harden and Howard and arguably even Parsons.

He would make more money than in Miami and have a better team.

LA_Raiders
07-04-2014, 04:42 PM
That would be a good move for both.

beasted86
07-04-2014, 05:12 PM
First, Bosh sucks, and why would LeBron want to play in Miami with that crap?
To.... Bosh is exactly the type of player to put Houston/Chicago over the top.

Find a story and stick to it. Either Bosh:
A) Is a max-worthy player, playing whatever role is necessary to win championships
B) Is an elite talent that isn't being used right/underperforming in Miami, so needs to move elsewhere
C) Is overrated, and not putting any team over the top

Can't be a combination of any of the two.

Anyway, this sounds like a novel idea, but I find it extremely hard to believe Bosh wants to be an afterthought like "Hey, we put up a billboard for the guy we really wanted, but you know what... we'll settle for you"

And, no, other teams aren't offering more money than the HEAT.

beasted86
07-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Its not about if Bosh is a better player, its about is he worth what they are gonna ask him to do. Houston, as is, is a run-n-gun team that shoots alot of 3s and occasionally post up DHoward. Why pay Bosh 16 mill( lets just say that much) to basically grab around 8 rebs, score between 16-20 pts and hit some 3s when they could basically get that same production out of Jones/Frye or Jones/Hawes combo for half the price?

Jones and Hawes are worse defenders than Bosh. Jones and Hawes are worse offensive players than Bosh. Jones can't play Center realistically. Hawes can't play PF realistically.

It's really simple. He's a much better player than both of them to be honest. There's no GM that would realistically take Jones + Hawes over Bosh. Hawes is also looking for $8M+. All the Clippers and other team talk is a smoke screen by his agent, its why the Blazers quickly saw through that and signed Kaman. Hawes isn't taking the $5.3M MLE from anybody.

NBA_Starter
07-04-2014, 10:22 PM
CB needs to line up some visits at least, he can't wait Forever.

alexander_37
07-04-2014, 10:44 PM
its more about jones making 1 million and is doing nothing but getting better. Vs bosh at 10-15 million and being a similar player. Jones is younger more athletic and stronger. He is still a decent shooter and an equal rebounder.

Bosh is easily better but by the end of next season i dont see it being a huge gap.

Stunner
07-04-2014, 10:49 PM
its more about jones making 1 million and is doing nothing but getting better. Vs bosh at 10-15 million and being a similar player. Jones is younger more athletic and stronger. He is still a decent shooter and an equal rebounder.

Bosh is easily better but by the end of next season i dont see it being a huge gap.

If you can't see the gap between an all star talent and prob future HOF and a players who hasn't really proved anything idk what to tell you .

NBA_Starter
07-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Way better?

alexander_37
07-04-2014, 10:54 PM
If you can't see the gap between an all star talent and prob future HOF and a players who hasn't really proved anything idk what to tell you .
Hall of famer????? No.

SPURSFAN1
07-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Jones sucks. Bosh is a proven 3rd banana on a championship team.

Saddletramp
07-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Jones and Hawes are worse defenders than Bosh. Jones and Hawes are worse offensive players than Bosh. Jones can't play Center realistically. Hawes can't play PF realistically.

It's really simple. He's a much better player than both of them to be honest. There's no GM that would realistically take Jones + Hawes over Bosh. Hawes is also looking for $8M+. All the Clippers and other team talk is a smoke screen by his agent, its why the Blazers quickly saw through that and signed Kaman. Hawes isn't taking the $5.3M MLE from anybody.

He basically just got that from the Clippers: $5.75M a year for 4 years.

elledaddy
07-05-2014, 12:38 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:(Meanwhile ) .......

2 hours later.........

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1372/spencer-hawes

Failure
07-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Hall of famer????? No.

9x all star
2x champion

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 12:54 AM
9x all star
2x champion

I still don't think he is a HOF.

dtmagnet
07-05-2014, 12:59 AM
When Bosh was with the Raptors I always dreamed of him having Howard play alongside him as the C. I think Houston would be the perfect team for him.

Saddletramp
07-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Hey look! Failure got something right!

Unless Bosh turns into what Boozer has become, he'll make it in. He's probably in even if he does turn into what Boozer has become.

Failure
07-05-2014, 02:53 AM

its not that hard to make it. if you win a ring and you made 8 AS games, you are almost in. If you behave the right way off the court then you are a lock

c.c.
07-05-2014, 03:13 AM
Jones needs to get his weight up, he let LA destroy him in the playoffs. If Terrance Jones can do that then I'm fine with him. And yes Bosh is an upgrade!

beasted86
07-05-2014, 07:41 AM
He basically just got that from the Clippers: $5.75M a year for 4 years.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:(Meanwhile ) .......

2 hours later.........

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1372/spencer-hawes

Hey, I guess I was wrong. The reality is he wasn't taking the MLE from any good team. Clearly he didn't want it from the Blazers even though they went hard after him on opening night of free agency. Who is to say he'd take it to play behind Howard?

FOBolous
07-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Bosh can still be a 20/10 player if given to the opportunity. it's not like he's hampered by health issues nor is he at the age where his athleticism declines. the reason why he's not averaging 20/10 anymore is because he's limited by his role in Miami.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2014, 10:49 AM
I don't understand why they're not going after Bosh before the Melo situation. That's the guy they need to be putting the full court press on. We know he's not going to have trouble deferring to others as a scorer. He can defend the PF spot unlike Melo. He can even be their backup C to Dwight if they line their rotations up right. He's become a floor stretching PF with a 3 point shot which is perfect next to Dwight. He's literally the PERFECT fit for them.

MagicBucsSox
07-05-2014, 11:30 AM

Lmaoooooooo I got my daily laugh out of this site early today. Terrance Jones lmaooooo hawes & frye lmaoooo

FOXHOUND
I don't understand why they're not going after Bosh before the Melo situation. That's the guy they need to be putting the full court press on. We know he's not going to have trouble deferring to others as a scorer. He can defend the PF spot unlike Melo. He can even be their backup C to Dwight if they line their rotations up right. He's become a floor stretching PF with a 3 point shot which is perfect next to Dwight. He's literally the PERFECT fit for them.

Yeah, I completely agree, although Melo does actually defend PFs surprisingly well. Melo is better than Bosh but Bosh has been completely underrated and disrespected these past four years as a scapegoat. If Bosh was put back into a focal role he would be right back at being a 20/10 player, and that combined with the increased shooting and defensive skills he's gained in Miami in that role would make him one of the best players in the game himself.

I don't think this is a one sided situation though. Bosh probably wants to stay in Miami so he's probably waiting to see what LeBron does before he starts making any decisions like that. All the secondary FAs know they have to wait their turn for LeBron and Melo to decide, then all the dominos will fall. If I'm Houston I'm already getting in Bosh's ear though, and I'm sure they have.

Give him $17M/year or whatever, make him a focal point and call it a day. Such a good fit for both, I hope Bosh goes to Houston because he deserves so much more than the way he's been treated.

Raidaz4Life

I said that very same thing to my friend the other day, Melo makes absolutely no sense compared to Bosh.

FOXHOUND
07-05-2014, 11:33 AM

basketball-reference's HOF probability has him at 96%.

elledaddy
07-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Lmaoooooooo I got my daily laugh out of this site early today. Terrance Jones lmaooooo hawes & frye lmaoooo

So you dont think a combo of Jones & Frye or Jones & Hawes could/could have put up the same numbers as Bosh?

Stunner
07-05-2014, 12:24 PM
So you dont think a combo of Jones & Frye or Jones & Hawes could/could have put up the same numbers as Bosh?

So if it takes two or 3 players to give the production of one that's not a good look

elledaddy
07-05-2014, 12:41 PM
So if it takes two or 3 players to give the production of one that's not a good look

so if you're building a team that is ..........
- 2nd in the NBA in scoring
- 3rd in the NBA in starting 5 scoring
- BUT is 21st in the NBA in bench production

Your answer to that would be to spend 17 million per year on Bosh to be your third option instead of just using Jones, signing say Frye ( who actually IS a stretch 4 which is what they want) and still having bout 6 or 7 mill left over to sign another player? I mean what is the BEST you think Bosh could do in Houston, what 20 & 10?

futureman
07-05-2014, 12:43 PM
All of these players aren't really that great if they can't win a championship on their own. 1 Spurs Championship is worth 10 Heat Championships.

Stunner
07-05-2014, 12:49 PM
so if you're building a team that is ..........
- 2nd in the NBA in scoring
- 3rd in the NBA in starting 5 scoring
- BUT is 21st in the NBA in bench production

Your answer to that would be to spend 17 million per year on Bosh to be your third option instead of just using Jones, signing say Frye ( who actually IS a stretch 4 which is what they want) and still having bout 6 or 7 mill left over to sign another player? I mean what is the BEST you think Bosh could do in Houston, what 20 & 10?

Jones would be moving to the bench tho helping your bench production am I right ?

Stunner
07-05-2014, 12:51 PM
All of these players aren't really that great if they can't win a championship on their own. 1 Spurs Championship is worth 10 Heat Championships.

All the spurs players didn't win it on their own tho so Idk why you brought this up ? Parker and Manu wouldn't win a ship by themselves ; point is no star player won it on their own .... Iverson and Lebron are the only two who came somewhat close .

MiamiBoy77
07-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Wouldn't bosh signing with Houston almost be better for the heat? It could give them the $ to add Melo and a big like Gasol or someone, right?

Stunner
07-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't bosh signing with Houston almost be better for the heat? It could give them the $ to add Melo and a big like Gasol or someone, right?

Melo isn't going to Miami and Gasol isn't better than bosh and he's older .

IndyRealist
07-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Are they going to put Bosh up on the marquee with Lin's number too?

Stunner
07-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Are they going to put Bosh up on the marquee with Lin's number too?

Bosh wears number 1 or he would wear 4

elledaddy
07-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Jones would be moving to the bench tho helping your bench production am I right ?

I'll ask the question again, what numbers do you think Bosh would put up in Houston, with Harden,Howard and Parsons?

Dade County
07-05-2014, 02:03 PM

:laugh2: Why not make it 20 championships... Psycho

MiamiBoy77
07-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Melo isn't going to Miami and Gasol isn't better than bosh and he's older .

You didn't answer my question whatsoever, but thanks for your opinion.

If the heat lost bosh they could give Melo about 17-20 and still give Pau 6-8 right?

Stunner
07-05-2014, 02:29 PM
You didn't answer my question whatsoever, but thanks for your opinion.

If the heat lost bosh they could give Melo about 17-20 and still give Pau 6-8 right?

I doubt it

rockets-fan
07-05-2014, 03:49 PM
I'll ask the question again, what numbers do you think Bosh would put up in Houston, with Harden,Howard and Parsons?

Harden: 21ppg 4ast
Howard: 17 ppg 9reb 1.5 blocks
Bosh: 18ppg 7reb
Parsons: 15 ppg 1stl 4 Ast
Beverley: 9ppg 5ast 2 stl

Bench: 25 ppg

Starting lineup with around 80 points and the bench 25 making their average 105 which wouldn't be out of reach with all that fire power.

I'm just guessing here I don't see how these numbers would be unreasonable but who knows, just trying to answer yor question

elledaddy
07-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Harden: 21ppg 4ast
Howard: 17 ppg 9reb 1.5 blocks
Bosh: 18ppg 7reb
Parsons: 15 ppg 1stl 4 Ast
Beverley: 9ppg 5ast 2 stl

Bench: 25 ppg

Starting lineup with around 80 points and the bench 25 making their average 105 which wouldn't be out of reach with all that fire power.

I'm just guessing here I don't see how these numbers would be unreasonable but who knows, just trying to answer yor question

My point exactly, Houston last year,( w/o Bosh) averaged 107 pts( 2nd in the NBA). So why spend 17 million to add Bosh? My point is, yeah Bosh is "better" then Jones but is what he's adding to the team worth 17 million dollars?

ink
07-05-2014, 04:17 PM

100% agree.

rockets-fan
07-05-2014, 04:24 PM
My point exactly, Houston last year,( w/o Bosh) averaged 107 pts( 2nd in the NBA). So why spend 17 million to add Bosh? My point is, yeah Bosh is "better" then Jones but is what he's adding to the team worth 17 million dollars?

Actually yes it is. Let me tell you what he brings to the team that makes him worth 17 million

1. Experience (winning at that)
2. Efficiency and consistency at the 4 (jones was so inconsistent that we lost games we shouldn't have and bosh is a better post player)
3. And most important. DEFENSE. Josh is a good defender help and man. Jones has no defense and our help defense is either Dwight or no one. Who cares if you score 107 when you can give up 110 easily. Yes Harden is a part of that but he isn't going to change. Bosh can actually defend where none of our other PFs can.

So

Experience
Consistency
Efficiency
Defense

Thjng the rockets lack. That makes him worth 17 million if you ask me

elledaddy
07-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Actually yes it is. Let me tell you what he brings to the team that makes him worth 17 million

2. Efficiency and consistency at the 4 (jones was so inconsistent that we lost games we shouldn't have and bosh is a better post player)
3. And most important. DEFENSE. Josh is a good defender help and man. Jones has no defense and our help defense is either Dwight or no one. Who cares if you score 107 when you can give up 110 easily. Yes Harden is a part of that but he isn't going to change. Bosh can actually defend where none of our other PFs can.

So

Experience
Consistency
Efficiency
Defense

kool bro, I wont tell you about a team that YOU follow but I find it crazy that you would solely blame LOSSES on the consistency and efficiency of your 5th leading scorer.

BOSH( 3rd option) 16 pts per/gm 6.6 reb per/gm 0.99 blk per gm 51% fg 19.1 PER
JONES( 5th optn) 12 pts per gm 6.9 reb per gm 1.40 blk per gm 54 % fg 19.1 PER

sorry bro, but I just dont see the $15 million price difference between their actually production. But you're the Houston fan so I wont pretend to know more then you cuz I dont watch them on a regular basis

FriedTofuz
07-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Honestly, I would like to see bosh in Houston because of how much I dislike the Heat.
People who think bosh isnt a big upgrade over T.Jones dont watch bosh play.
Bosh is still a 20 10 player who`s adapted well to his role in Miami, He can be much more effective and in Houston it would be a better fit for him.

Jamiecballer
07-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Hall of famer????? No.
Easily, in both numbers and accomplishments

ink
07-05-2014, 06:23 PM

So

Experience
Consistency
Efficiency
Defense

He is also a capable scorer when given the ball. His real shortcoming is that he's had to play the 5 and he's not built for it. That's why IMO Houston is an awesome destination. 17m is steep though.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2014, 07:21 PM
kool bro, I wont tell you about a team that YOU follow but I find it crazy that you would solely blame LOSSES on the consistency and efficiency of your 5th leading scorer.

sorry bro, but I just dont see the $15 million price difference between their actually production. But you're the Houston fan so I wont pretend to know more then you cuz I dont watch them on a regular basis

What you don't seem to understand is that Bosh wouldn't be taking Jones' minutes. He's going to be replacing the minutes all their bench bigs got last year. The only way Jones is affected is that instead of starting his minutes will come as a reserve off the bench.

Dwight Howard played 34 minutes per game last year and Bosh played 32. If the Rockets gave both those guys the same minutes that means they still have 30 minutes per game left to fill at the PF/C spots.

rockets-fan
07-05-2014, 07:28 PM

You didn't mention his defensive upgrade and experience he brings over jones. Which is huge on such a young team like Houston

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 07:39 PM
I don't think bosh is worth 17mil though.

elledaddy
07-05-2014, 07:39 PM
What you don't seem to understand is that Bosh wouldn't be taking Jones' minutes. He's going to be replacing the minutes all their bench bigs got last year. The only way Jones is affected is that instead of starting his minutes will come as a reserve off the bench.

Dwight Howard played 34 minutes per game last year and Bosh played 32. If the Rockets gave both those guys the same minutes that means they still have 30 minutes per game left to fill at the PF/C spots.

Chill Cuzz, you dont know what we talkin bout. What you just wrote has nothing at all to do with with our discussion

elledaddy
07-05-2014, 07:43 PM
You didn't mention his defensive upgrade and experience he brings over jones. Which is huge on such a young team like Houston

I feel you fam but I will respectfully disagree with you. I hope yall get him though

hugepatsfan
07-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Chill Cuzz, you dont know what we talkin bout. What you just wrote has nothing at all to do with with our discussion

You're talking about if Bosh's price is worth the improvement over Jones. But he's not bringing the improvement over Jones. He's brining improvement over Asik and all the other bigs they had on their bench last year who sucked. (Asik doesn't suck as a player but he did last year.) So really that shouldn't be a factor in their decision if he's worth $15 mil more than Jones. For the record, he obviously isn't but Jones is also on a rookie contract. If Jones were to somehow be granted free agency at this point he'd make a lot more than $2 million.

FlashBolt
07-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I Hate When People Say Bosh Is Still A Max Player When It Is Clearly Evident That He Isn't. Look at him against the Spurs. He had his chance to show him off and he didn't. He got whooped by West/Hibbert, also. He was getting whooped by Jefferson as well. Don't even mention Brook Lopez because we know he would have been destroyed as well. Is there any PF that Bosh does well against? Idk, he's had a great history against Love but there is no way he's better than Love. Is Bosh even a top 7 PF?

Duncan
Dirk
Lamarcus
Blake
Monroe
Randolph
Davis

Bosh?

That's just PF's. Let's add the remaining centers, SG's, SF's, and PG's who are better than him. Bosh is not even a top 20 player. Stop acting like he's still the same player in Toronto. Sure, he can space the floor. But if that's all you're looking for, Channing Frye can be obtained for $5 million. So don't say "well, he stretches the floor, blah blah blah." The fact is, he's stretching the floor because that's all he can do. He doesn't like banging in the paint, he can't guard against muscle guys because he is too soft, and he's certainly not a good post up player. So what does he do? Stand at the elbow and or three point line and wait for his shot. This is not a $20 million player. Sure, go pay him max and have him stand around the three point line. Don't you think that's odd? When you talk about a $20 million player, you should be able to think of someone who can either score, rebound, play defense, pass the ball, or is a top 10 player. Is Chris Bosh a combination of any of these two? He's certainly a decent scorer, he can't rebound, his defense isn't nothing to be proud of, he's not a very good passer and often very lazy with the passes, and he's not a top 10 player. I really hate the feeling that people think he's a max player. Players don't always get better.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 09:18 PM
I don't think monroe is better than bosh, but I'll allow everyone else.

FlashBolt
07-05-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't think monroe is better than bosh, but I'll allow everyone else.

Yeah, he probably isn't yet but I think you can make some arguments for Monroe. As for everyone else? Yeah, pretty much better than Bosh. How many of those players up there are max contracted, though? Only Lamarcus and Blake are sniffing a max contract at this point.

ink
07-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Give bosh to pops and you'd have an MVP. There is nothing wrong with bosh that better usage won't fix.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Give bosh to pops and you'd have an MVP. There is nothing wrong with bosh that better usage won't fix.

I'm not so sure about this one.

ink
07-05-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm not so sure about this one.

Unless Bosh has completely lost his confidence, he is likely as good as any individual player on the Spurs other than Duncan. He's been poorly used with Miami and hasn't had much good coaching in his career. He has all the attributes and would surprise a lot of people if well used. Pops is a master of bringing a player's best qualities out, that's what I was getting at. Look what he did with Diaw for example, who was given up on when Pops got him.

Anyway, I think he'd be a great asset to the Rockets because he'd really solidify their frontcourt. He and Howard would be very athletic and have the potential to dominate.

TheNumber37
07-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Bosh should really go here.. He gets his money... A bigger role... No more all star games though.
He's easily 18 and 8 next to Howard... He proved he can shoot the, not as good as say Ryan Anderson, but he can score in more ways

LA_Raiders
07-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Bosh should look for himself **** LeFlop. This is a good opportunity; gets his money and play for a team that's respects him.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Bosh would never be an Allstar in the west.

Stunner
07-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Bosh would never be an Allstar in the west.

Lol if Aldridge can so can Bosh .

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Lol .

Are you serious? He was never a T-mac level allstar.

rockets-fan
07-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Griffin Davis and Durant will dominate the forward all star spots for years, bosh has no chance.

Bosh is getting so underated tho, but it's in Miami, they couldn't figure out how to use him in their system

Stunner
07-05-2014, 11:36 PM

Why are you comparing him to T Mac ?

ink
07-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Lol .

You sure tmac is the best measuring stick for post season achievement?

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 11:40 PM

WS/48 season average is 0.161
WS/48 playoff average is 0.144

So amazing!

ink
07-05-2014, 11:41 PM

WS/48 season average is 0.161
WS/48 playoff average is 0.144

So amazing!

Any difference in usage? Roles? ;)

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 11:41 PM

We're talking about the regular season as in ALL STAR GAME.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 11:42 PM

Ok your a raptors fan, but his numbers are rather weak along with his accomplishments before he joined up with the best player in the world.

ink
07-05-2014, 11:44 PM

We're talking about the regular season as in ALL STAR GAME.

Do you think ASGs mean anything? I doubt pops does.

ink
07-05-2014, 11:47 PM

Ok your a raptors fan, but his numbers are rather weak along with his accomplishments before he joined up with the best player in the world.

Oh I'm aware he's a third option but as a spurs fan you should appreciate just how dumb the internet valuation of players is. Don't listen to individual stats in a team game. I thought you'd have seen that following the spurs.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Oh I'm aware he's a third option but as a spurs fan you should appreciate just how dumb the internet valuation of players is. Don't listen to individual stats in a team game. I thought you'd have seen that following the spurs.

I know "raw numbers" don't tell the extent of a player. I do know when evaluating PER and winshares, there is a good correlation. I know the difference between role players stars and superstars. Bosh wouldn't make any allstar game in the west.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm not saying Pop wouldn't do wonders with him, but I'm saying he just wouldn't make the allstars in the west.

ink
07-05-2014, 11:57 PM

I know "raw numbers" don't tell the extent of a player. I do know when evaluating PER and winshares, there is a good correlation. I know the difference between role players stars and superstars. Bosh wouldn't make any allstar game in the west.

Again, do you honestly buy into marketing manure like that? You're a spurs fan and get to watch a brilliant team program and you still buy into fan think? Who won the finals this year? How many of them were all stars? All star mvps? All stars mean nothing. Bosh gave up stats and status for rings while on the heat.

ink
07-05-2014, 11:58 PM
I'm not saying Pop wouldn't do wonders with him, but I'm saying he just wouldn't make the allstars in the west.

Why does that matter? Neither would a single Spur. But who won the finals?

Verbal Christ
07-06-2014, 01:58 PM
LOL ... Spursfan69 just stop, please. The comments you are making are cringeworthy. Bosh had great numbers pre Heatles. He's extended his shot and added defensive range all the while playing out of position and sacrificing his own stats to win rings. Make him a 1 or 2 option and he's a 20/10 guy easy.

SPURSFAN1
07-06-2014, 02:15 PM
LOL ... Spursfan69 just stop, please. The comments you are making are cringeworthy. Bosh had great numbers pre Heatles. He's extended his shot and added defensive range all the while playing out of position and sacrificing his own stats to win rings. Make him a 1 or 2 option and he's a 20/10 guy easy.

And that team wouldn't make the playoffs.

ink
07-06-2014, 04:03 PM

And that team wouldn't make the playoffs.

On the rockets he wouldn't be a 1 or 2. But he MIGHT be better used and able to play his natural position. He's an effective player misused/under-used in Miami. Stats aren't what matters, it's skills, and he has outstanding PF skills.

NBA_Starter
07-06-2014, 04:45 PM
This is probably the best fit for CB.

amak316
07-07-2014, 12:39 AM
I think Chris Bosh would underachieve for the Rockets simply because their system only allows them to take layups and 3s. Far and away Bosh's biggest offensive asset is a deadly mid-range jumper that Morey ball will eliminate from his game. He will look very ordinary on the Rockets, and I do think hes a great player.

mightybosstone
07-07-2014, 12:44 AM
I think Chris Bosh would underachieve for the Rockets simply because their system only allows them to take layups and 3s. Far and away Bosh's biggest offensive asset is a deadly mid-range jumper that Morey ball will eliminate from his game. He will look very ordinary on the Rockets, and I do think hes a great player.
But you're blatantly missing the fact that a 4 with a reliably mid-range jump shot is exactly what Houston needs. I love Terrence Jones, but his mid range jumper is a major work in progress and it often kills Houston's floor spacing. Not only would Bosh be a huge upgrade from the defensive side of the ball, but that mid-range jumper would be a key cog in Houston's offensive arsenal.

I've long been a proponent of Morey's style of analytic basketball, but in this case, I'm sure he'd make an exception for the betterment of the team. It's also worth mentioning that Bosh's 3-point shot has come a long, long way in the last couple of years.

amak316
07-07-2014, 12:49 AM
I hope your right but I watched 70+ rockets games last year and I didn't notice much wiggle room, it seemed obvious that management/coaching actively discourages mid range in nearly every situation.

Hopefully if they get Bosh they let him do what he's comfortable and elite at as I do agree that it's exactly what they need, I'm just a bit skeptical until I see it.

RaiderLakersA's
07-07-2014, 02:33 PM
The latest is that Houston is willing to give Bosh max dollars. How do you possibly turn that down if you're Bosh? Call me crazy, but I'd sign there in a NY minute. You already have your titles. Time to take care of the future.

ManRam
07-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Almost $25 million a year. He's from Texas. Howard + Bosh would be disgustingly good.

Do it, Chris. DO IT!