PDA

View Full Version : The LeBron Sweepstakes have Officially Begun:

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1 minute ago
Says official who was part of meetings ESPN reported on: "There's clearly a breakdown in communication between LeBron and (Wade and Bosh)."

----------------------------

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN 2 minutes ago
As there was in 2010, there is only one way to truly recruit LeBron: talent. The roster matters more than virtually anything.

-----------------------------

Unless Pat Riley lines up talent appealing to James within cap structure soon, one LBJ suitor says: "LeBron seems ready to explore market

-----------------------------

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO 1 minute ago
Have been reporting on strange happenings between LeBron, Wade and Bosh on @FOXSportsOH all along. Now starting to come to light nationally.

------------------------------

Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat 1 minute ago
Upshot of LeBron latest: Pat Riley is on the clock like never before, and LeBron's faith in Wade's future is not exactly steadfast.

-------------------------------

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 6m
Am told LeBron decision on next team will be delivered suddenly, with little fanfare. "Bam, this is where I'm going," source described.

--------------------------------

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick 5m
So, there's a little more pressure being put on Riley. Not sure why that's needed. He's aware the roster must improve.

---------------------------------

NBA on ESPN @ESPNNBA 37m
Sources: LeBron's agent, Rich Paul, met with Suns, Rockets, Mavericks, Cavaliers this week.

As a Heat fan, ****. I don't trust some of these scrub reporters, but Woj is the most reliable NBA source out there.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 09:36 PM
The talent in the FA market is drying up. Also Hayward left Cleveland without his max offer, the plot thickens..

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra are in L.A. meeting with free agents today. They've made inroads in talks, sources tell Yahoo. Still confident.

Here's a HEAT fan since 2004 (I was 10 at the time and loved Wade), praying that Riley and Spo can add some quality talent and fast, to entice LeBron to sign

raiderfaninTX
07-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Clips cavs or heat book it

Tony_Starks
07-03-2014, 09:39 PM
The soap opera continues. All this just to stay in Miami and continue to get free rides to the Finals.....

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Why would he stay to play with CB, Wade (and his broken down knees) and a bunch of older players ring chasing that will actually be no better than the Heat team that couldn't finish the job last season.

When you can go back to Cleveland and play with Irving and all of those young guys.

Irving
Wiggins
LeBron
Thompson
AV

Then you can make a few minor additions or tweaks and that is a damn good team, hell LeBron makes them a Top 2 team in the East (probably best) the moment he signs on the dotted line.

bucketss
07-03-2014, 09:45 PM
my sources tell me king james will remain a heat.

LionsFan..LOL
07-03-2014, 09:46 PM

Yep. Until I see otherwise I'm not buying he's leaving. I've seen too much ******** reporting the last few years with Howard, Melo, CP3 etc to take anything said with anything more than a grain of salt.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 09:47 PM
These leaks from the media do not help Riley at all convince a quality player to sign with Miami. If I am Gasol and reading this, I decide OKC over Miami if pay is similar as OKC has Durant and Westy locked up along with Ibaka.

This uncertainty surrounding Miami and these reports hurt Miami's chances badly.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne 3m
Pau Gasol will indeed meet with the Heat, according to a source.

0nekhmer
07-03-2014, 09:51 PM
If he leaves, he'll get hate for no loyalty, if he stays he'll get slightly less hate, but still hate because he demanded the max. Id say go with the latter and finish up your career in Miami.

From a raptors fan

3ballbomber
07-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Riley has delivered in the past & he must come up w/ his best trick yet to try & keep Lebron. If not..............Plan B will be in order.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA about 8 minutes ago
Another team official who met with James' agent, Rich Paul, in Cleveland tells Yahoo: "I think it's all a smoke screen."

clutchfan
07-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne 3m
Pau Gasol will indeed meet with the Heat, according to a source.

Another old guy. Yeah that'll get Lebron to stay.

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 09:55 PM
I can't believe this is even thus up in the air where he's playing..stay with ur damn team man If u have any sense of respect and loyalty.. Or go back home.

Otherwise his legacy is a joke imo. Journeyman to wherever a team is most stacked? Lame as ****

Tony_Starks
07-03-2014, 09:56 PM
If I was Wade and Bosh I would just go ahead and sign my deal already. They know they're staying regardless, at least end that part of the drama....

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 09:57 PM
I truly think if James sees Riley add quality talent, he will take a little bit less than the max. If I am Pat Riley, I sign FA's using 15 mill of cap space and then put the pressure on the Big 3 to adjust. If Riley uses 15 mill of the reported 55 Miami has, start LeBron @ 16 with raises, Bosh at 13 with raises and Wade at 11 with raises.

LeBron can average 18 per, Bosh 15 per and Wade 12 per.

Very fair, and reasonable deals with all taking respective pay cuts per talent. If Lebron leaves Miami over 2 million dollars and Riley comes through with adding talent, its he who will look terrible and his legacy forever tarnished.

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 09:58 PM
If he leaves, he'll get hate for no loyalty, if he stays he'll get slightly less hate, but still hate because he demanded the max. Id say go with the latter and finish up your career in Miami.

From a raptors fan

Agree with all this. Like all, raptor part too haha

Dade County
07-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Why would he stay to play with CB, Wade (and his broken down knees) and a bunch of older players ring chasing that will actually be no better than the Heat team that couldn't finish the job last season.

When you can go back to Cleveland and play with Irving and all of those young guys.

Irving
Wiggins
LeBron
Thompson
AV

Then you can make a few minor additions or tweaks and that is a damn good team, hell LeBron makes them a Top 2 team in the East (probably best) the moment he signs on the dotted line.

I want to try but I feel that I will get no where in why I feel that the Cav's team isn't championship material... I just don't see it. I mean seriously, those names up their have proven nothing (except Lbj) to me or anyone that they can grind it out and over come the pressure of making it to a Final's & winning.

And please try to remember that the media always has an agenda.

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Y can't lebron play a single year out on a good team without having to have the best team possible? Like wtf is this. Can't stick out one year as a #3-5 best team or w.e instead if #1-3? Y is he so insecure I'd respect him more for doing that than stack team chasing

bluefire7002
07-03-2014, 10:02 PM
I truly think if James sees Riley add quality talent, he will take a little bit less than the max. If I am Pat Riley, I sign FA's using 15 mill of cap space and then put the pressure on the Big 3 to adjust. If Riley uses 15 mill of the reported 55 Miami has, start LeBron @ 16 with raises, Bosh at 13 with raises and Wade at 11 with raises.

LeBron can average 18 per, Bosh 15 per and Wade 12 per.

Very fair, and reasonable deals with all taking respective pay cuts per talent. If Lebron leaves Miami over 2 million dollars and Riley comes through with adding talent, its he who will look terrible and his legacy forever tarnished.

I don't think Wade will want to take almost a 10$ million dollar paycut though.. Unfortunately thats the only way Bosh can be gotten for 15, which sounds about right. In the end yea Lebron will not be able to take the Max and Wade will have to take a huge paycut.

I wonder if Lebron is watching this whole Melo thing and how he's just getting Max offers thrown left and right and that's making him feel he deserves the max even more. Id definitely would if I was currently the best player in the league.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 10:05 PM
I don't think Wade will want to take almost a 10$ million dollar paycut though.. Unfortunately thats the only way Bosh can be gotten for 15, which sounds about right. In the end yea Lebron will not be able to take the Max and Wade will have to take a huge paycut.

I wonder if Lebron is watching this whole Melo thing and how he's just getting Max offers thrown left and right and that's making him feel he deserves the max even more. Id definitely would if I was currently the best player in the league.

Well if James and Bosh are signed, Wade needs to bite the bullet and accept whatever he gets because his NBA finals performance showed him as a player worthy of 7-8 million a year if that.

Again, I'm just saying if I am Pat Riley, that is the best way to put some serious pressure on the Big 3. Use that 55 mill in cap and sign two quality players and some depth and then adjust the Big 3 into the remaining cap.

LeBron makes 50+ mill from endorsements man, I think he may be mad Carmelo will make more, but at the end of the day, he takes home a solid 20-30 million more than Melo most likely.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:14 PM
I want to try but I feel that I will get no where in why I feel that the Cav's team isn't championship material... I just don't see it. I mean seriously, those names up their have proven nothing (except Lbj) to me or anyone that they can grind it out and over come the pressure of making it to a Final's & winning.

You have a point but Ray Allen is sure to go where LeBron does and Cleveland would still be able to make some minor additions. (It wouldn't need much anyway.)

prodigy
07-03-2014, 10:18 PM
sFan..LOL:28724158]

Yep. Until I see otherwise I'm not buying he's leaving. I've seen too much ******** reporting the last few years with Howard, Melo, CP3 etc to take anything said with anything more than a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

Until the heat get some dang talent i cant pick them. Its really up in the air. Cavs and heat are only real spots for him IMO. Anywhere else he would be known as a ring chaser and damage his legacy. Stay on heat or go home.

Cavs have better roster, yes by default lol. But I can't really see heat signing 2 good starters (pg, center) and 3 or 4 solid bench guys plus bringing back big three.

3ballbomber
07-03-2014, 10:22 PM

the talent on that line up is no doubt good but i agree they will not be able to get it done. Absolutely very limited playoffs/finals experience apart from Lebron & AV. You need a team who have fought, battled, lost & carry scars. The wars make them not a tighter team but a brotherhood/family. That is what makes champions.

sorry, abit dramatic.......i just watched The Bad Boys doco last night :)

prodigy
07-03-2014, 10:22 PM

Irving
Wiggins
LeBron
Thompson
AV

O I thought they were all 10 year vets lol. Don't forget cavs could turn around and get love very easy.

Irving
waiters
Lebron
Love
Av/Zeller or defensive center. Maybe even bring sees back.

All Much better options then heat can offer.

3ballbomber
07-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Y can't lebron play a single year out on a good team without having to have the best team possible? Like wtf is this. Can't stick out one year as a #3-5 best team or w.e instead if #1-3? Y is he so insecure I'd respect him more for doing that than stack team chasing

ridiculous right. He flees and joins his all star mates.....add Allen and deepen his team further........looses and demands even more talent on top of what he was given and asks for max money. & his fans keep insisting he's unselfish but he continues to prove other wise. and they wonder why he cops so much flack :speechless:

PhlyHighPhilly
07-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra are in L.A. meeting with free agents today. They've made inroads in talks, sources tell Yahoo. Still confident.

Here's a HEAT fan since 2004 (I was 10 at the time and loved Wade), praying that Riley and Spo can add some quality talent and fast, to entice LeBron to sign

I feel heat fans are the only ones that need to announce when they became fans.

BigCityofDreams
07-03-2014, 10:24 PM
This is all bs nothing but bs. They are all coming back.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:25 PM
O I thought they were all 10 year vets lol. Don't forget cavs could turn around and get live very easy.

Irving
waiters
Lebron
Love

Who?

prodigy
07-03-2014, 10:31 PM
O I thought they were all 10 year vets lol. Don't forget cavs could turn around and get live very easy.

Irving
waiters
Lebron
Love

Who?

Hawes. Tablets for ya smh...

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Hawes. Tablets for ya smh...

Gotcha :)

Riodagoat
07-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Realistically, whatever Lebron does, one team isn't going to be any better than the other. Of all the teams that are known to be interested in him, there are only 2 teams I believe who have a legit shot are landing him: MIA and CLE. The backlash he got from The Decision was so bad, I don't think he is stupid enough to actually chase a ring and join a team that is not between the two.

If he stays in Miami, there isn't anything Riley can do right now to make the team significantly better than last year. All the FA that MIGHT have put them back into contention are virtually gone. Gasol, Ariza, Carter, and all the other linked names to the name isn't going to put them over the hump. On top of that, Wade is going to be a year older. I gave him some slack last year for missing time during the regular season to prepare for playoffs, but when they played in the Finals, he looked older than Duncan and Manu combined. Napier was a great pickup, but he's a rookie, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

If he goes to Cleveland, there's no way in hell they will win the title at their first year. Will they contend? Sure. But winning it all will be highly improbable. There is nobody in that roster that is a proven championship player. All the fancy names look great on paper, and they may play fantastic during the regular season, but the playoffs is a completely different animal. On top of that, you have a coach who is also unproven, and you have a whole team who needs to learn a completely different system.

As a big Lebron fan, I am not going to overreact to all the reports until he actually makes a decision. However, there will only be 2 things that he can do that will aggravate me and possibly stop supporting him altogether.
1. He joins a team not named MIA or CLE
2. He insists on signing a 2-yr deal, which tells me that the minute his situation turns for the worst, that he will bolt out.

Aust
07-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Yep. Until I see otherwise I'm not buying he's leaving. I've seen too much ******** reporting the last few years with Howard, Melo, CP3 etc to take anything said with anything more than a grain of salt.

Same here. He's just putting pressure on Pat to bring in more talent, that's it. I'll take this over the Dwightmare any day.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Same here. He's just putting pressure on Pat to bring in more talent, that's it. I'll take this over the Dwightmare any day.

Where is the talent going to come from? The FA market is drying up fast.

You really think Anthony Morrow is going to be a move that gets Bron to stay?

Aust
07-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Where is the talent going to come from? The FA market is drying up fast.

You really think Anthony Morrow is going to be a move that gets Bron to stay?

I think it would be huge if they landed Gasol.

Crackadalic
07-03-2014, 11:01 PM
He's staying In Miami. This is just a smokescreen to pressure the heat to hurry up and add talent before signing back with them

J4KOP99
07-03-2014, 11:03 PM
If Lebron leaves, the heat should just get melo and then take Lebron out. Melo wade bosh is good enough in the east... Even if lbj goes to cle

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 11:10 PM
I've said all along I think he stays.

BUT

I have NO problem if he wanted to come to Houston. :)

dalton749
07-03-2014, 11:18 PM
hes going to toronto

More-Than-Most
07-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Why should he have to carry Bosh/Wade?????? He should go elsewhere

DR_1
07-03-2014, 11:24 PM
I've said all along I think he stays.

BUT

I have NO problem if he wanted to come to Houston. :)

I've been saying his best bet talent-wise would be Houston, so I wouldn't be suprised.

Tony_Starks
07-03-2014, 11:25 PM
I have absolutely no doubt he'll stick around, all this is is espn trying to milk the story for all it's worth.

Although it would be extremely hilarious/ ironic if he left MIA because he "didnt have enough help."

J4KOP99
07-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Woj doesn't work for espn

Aust
07-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m
RT @Chris_Broussard: @ramonashelburne reports that Mitch Kupchak is flying to Cleveland to meet with LeBron's agent Rich Paul

That is literally a waste of time, but he wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't trying.

PraiseJesus
07-03-2014, 11:43 PM
LeBron is gonna get a 1 or 2 year deal then goto the Knicks

Sneaky
07-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Please stay, that's all.

Aust
07-03-2014, 11:47 PM

I agree with the short term deal part. That would be the smart thing to do. After 2 years, hop over to LAL as we'll have a bunch of cap space.

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 11:55 PM
I can't believe this is even thus up in the air where he's playing..stay with ur damn team man If u have any sense of respect and loyalty.. Or go back home.

Otherwise his legacy is a joke imo. Journeyman to wherever a team is most stacked? Lame as ****
I don't see how Heat fans or fans of any other team can be upset at Labron or think that he should be loyal to the Heat. How the hell do you think you got Labron in the first place? He bailed on his hometown team to join you guys and NOW you're upset be he might leave for a better situation. Hypocrites

blams
07-03-2014, 11:57 PM
ridiculous right. He flees and joins his all star mates.....add Allen and deepen his team further........looses and demands even more talent on top of what he was given and asks for max money. & his fans keep insisting he's unselfish but he continues to prove other wise. and they wonder why he cops so much flack :speechless:

Be quiet. He's never been the highest paid player on his team.

He deserves more than the max.

NYSpirit1
07-03-2014, 11:59 PM
If LeBron actually leaves, he's an idiot. He's just ring chasing.

Mr.B
07-04-2014, 12:00 AM
I think it would be huge if they landed Gasol.
If Gasol is willing to play for the MLE he would have a better chance signing with OKC than Miami.

cssdmark
07-04-2014, 12:01 AM

From a raptors fan I guess the Cleveland fans felt the same way in 2010

mjt20mik
07-04-2014, 12:02 AM

I lol'd.

He was carrying the Heat. It is not his fault Wade is old, Bosh is shooting more 3s than 2s, and the rest of the team is useless.

Aust
07-04-2014, 12:05 AM

And how does that make him an idiot?

3ballbomber
07-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Be quiet. He's never been the highest paid player on his team.

He deserves more than the max.
lol, he & his fans seems to think he deserves everything. Have you ever thought he could have gotten paid max in 2010 if he hadn't joined his mates? and no it wasn't "sacrifice".....if non of them took a pay cut they couldn't have played together plus add more talent around them. they had no choice! It wasn't sacrifice, it was desperation. But after he loses miserably to the Spurs now he deserves max salary? jokers

cssdmark
07-04-2014, 12:10 AM
This offseason sucks, first Melo now Lebron, I am going to watch the USA-less World Cup.

nysportsfan23
07-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Lebron should be traded to lac for Blake + others. Miami stays relevant, new bigish three. Lebron joins instant contender, cp, doc, and LA lifestyle/market. Has impact in center, south, east, and west of country. Miami will be upset, but they have celebs, beautiful people (both with and without plastic surgery), beaches, nightlife, weather. Win-win-win. Only issue is team choice for hof induction.

cssdmark
07-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Damn you are good. Where is Melo going? Is it divine intervention which gives you the power? Just kidding. One thing you and I appear to agree upon is JESUS IS LORD!

cssdmark
07-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Please stay, that's all.

Keep it simple bro, keep it simple.

WITZ
07-04-2014, 12:20 AM
Not surprised he is looking when all the heat have accomplished so far is adding a rookie PG to the roster.

PraiseJesus
07-04-2014, 12:20 AM
Damn you are good. Where is Melo going? Is it divine intervention which gives you the power? Just kidding. One thing you and I appear to agree upon is JESUS IS LORD!

Melo returning to Knicks

Lebron joining in next year or the year after

DillyDill
07-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Melo returning to Knicks

Lebron joining in next year or the year after

Just curious are u a knicks fan?

rockets-fan
07-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Houston wasn't granted a meeting with lebron.... Guess that means he has a specific list if teams he wants

scissors
07-04-2014, 12:35 AM
There is such a double standard with teams and players.

Teams ring Chase constantly. Except for VERY few exceptions teams always chase rings and don't care what is best for a player. If a player sucks teams cut, let walk, waive, amnesty, or trade them and we don't care, we just say it's part of the business. But because as fans or heart is with a team we bash players for so much less. The cavs had 7 years to convince Lebon to stay. If Lebron had been a bust the would have dropped him like a sack of dirt. The HEAT dumped Michael Beasley when he wasn't very good and ring chased. If Lebron does the same thing now why is that different then a team doing it?

Max.This
07-04-2014, 12:40 AM

i think in another thread someone said he was , but he said no.

L8kers4life
07-04-2014, 12:42 AM

If he comes to LA you cant say he is chasing a ring. What if he goes to the lakers because they suck and he could turn them instantly into relevency. Then the Lakers add a piece or two next year or the next and he's winning the titles again.

Damn, back to reality. I say he goes back to Cleveland.

J4KOP99
07-04-2014, 12:47 AM
Houston wasn't granted a meeting with lebron.... Guess that means he has a specific list if teams he wants

I wouldn't get too upset. The lakers were also rumored to not get a meeting but now it is being reported that the lakers gm is in Cleveland as we speak

-teams were told to stay quiet. Maybe Houston is just following orders

Napalm
07-04-2014, 01:02 AM
He's going to the clipps to show the racist Donald sterling that being racist cost him a championship. However this won't be until after sterling loses his court case on July 8th making Steve ballmer the richest owner in sports and the only owner willing to go over the cap for the next three years cuz ballmer is worth 27billion dollars! Cp3 Bg doc ray Allen and Paul pierce and ballmer BOOK IT!!

Dade County
07-04-2014, 01:06 AM
sorry, abit dramatic.......i just watched The Bad Boys doco last night :)

Lol

This is all bs nothing but bs. They are all coming back.

i think it's a ploy too.

If Lebron leaves, the heat should just get melo and then take Lebron out. Melo wade bosh is good enough in the east... Even if lbj goes to cle

I've been saying that posters shouldn't worry about Lbj actions, lets focus on basketball players not global entities only focus on becoming a billionaire.

Melo joining Miami can work.

I have absolutely no doubt he'll stick around, all this is is espn trying to milk the story for all it's worth.

Although it would be extremely hilarious/ ironic if he left MIA because he "didnt have enough help."

This is all media hype and deception... I feel that the league is behind this too, trying to cripple the HEAT, so someone else can get a turn in the East (like the Bulls); this is why thy are making the media push Melo to Bulls ever chance they get.

But it's going to back fire on them.

Napalm
07-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Nice conspiracy theory!

Napalm
07-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Lebrun to the clips

Napalm
07-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Lebron to the clips

Tony_Starks
07-04-2014, 01:35 AM
The real focus needs to be on if Melo is seriously considering going to the Chi. If he actually does Miami is not messing with the Bulls, Lebron or no Lebron....

Nikeman
07-04-2014, 02:11 AM
Cleveland is one high quality big man away from landing LeBron

IversonIsKrazy
07-04-2014, 02:14 AM
I think LeBron will stay for 1-2 years and then leave.

NBA-GMaster
07-04-2014, 04:37 AM
Listing down LeBron's possible team this season:
Bulls - a very good team to big a BIG 3 with a great coach but Rose doesnt want LeBron (he prefer Melo than LeBron)
Heat - retooling is Pat Riley's plan and making a BIG 4 with Melo, Gasol or whoever allstar is available..
Rockets - a championship caliber team and the best and young version of BIG 3 but the question is will LeBron wants to compete in WEST conf..
Mavs - not much a target for FA players because Dirk is not the same DIrk as before plus they have issue on cap space after getting Chandler and Felton..
Suns - a good young team but not attractive enough for LeBron but if they can get Melo, "now Im listening"..
Cavs - his hometown, his draftee team, imagine LeBron with Kyrie and Wiggins, its looks like a Michael Jordan's bulls team, they only need a good defender and hustler PF like Rodman, but for all what Dan Gilbert did to LeBron (the letter, the social media and all the hate) why would I sign with him..

So my pick would be resign with MIAMI HEAT (a chance to make a BIG 4 :speechless: )..
next Houston Rockets (I like the BIG 3 of LeBron, Harden and Dwight :hope: )
then Cleveland Cavaliers (because its his hometown)
then Chicago Bulls (Rose and LeBron, and dont forget Pres. Obama)
then Phoenix Suns (a plan of making the big 2 of LeBron and Melo)
then Dallas Mavericks (last of my pick, compared from the 5 teams, they are much older and near the salary cap penalty)

Mr.B
07-04-2014, 04:52 AM
Bulls - a very good team to big a BIG 3 with a great coach but Rose doesnt want LeBron (he prefer Melo than LeBron)
Heat - retooling is Pat Riley's plan and making a BIG 4 with Melo, Gasol or whoever allstar is available..
Rockets - a championship caliber team and the best and young version of BIG 3 but the question is will LeBron wants to compete in WEST conf..
Mavs - not much a target for FA players because Dirk is not the same DIrk as before plus they have issue on cap space after getting Chandler and Felton..
Suns - a good young team but not attractive enough for LeBron but if they can get Melo, "now Im listening"..
Cavs - his hometown, his draftee team, imagine LeBron with Kyrie and Wiggins, its looks like a Michael Jordan's bulls team, they only need a good defender and hustler PF like Rodman, but for all what Dan Gilbert did to LeBron (the letter, the social media and all the hate) why would I sign with him..

So my pick would be resign with MIAMI HEAT (a chance to make a BIG 4 :speechless: )..
then Dallas Mavericks (last of my pick, compared from the 5 teams, they are much older and near the salary cap penalty)
Its funny because pretty much everything you said about the Mavs is wrong. Haha

They're nowhere near the cap. After signing Dirk they still have $16 mil. I'm not saying that's going to land Labron (because its not) I'm just letting everyone know to take what you said with a grain of salt.

3ballbomber
07-04-2014, 04:59 AM
Riley is either somewhere sh*ttin' bricks......or........he sittin' cool & has everything in order.

Redrum187
07-04-2014, 05:02 AM

Number 1 best fit for LeBron James would have to be the Houston Rockets. They need a facilitator to distribute the ball and synchronize the offense. This would allow Patrick Beverly to start at PG as he wouldn't be needed to run the offense primarily (he is basically there for defense and he is an average 3-point shooter so he could space the floor). LeBron would be more than willing to give some of his touches to Harden and Howard, making them incredibly lethal offensively. Defensively, they would be a nightmare. Carmelo Anthony wouldn't be the best fit in Houston, but LeBron James is catered for Houston in my opinion. I don't know why he isn't interested.

Second best fit, the Dallas Mavericks (although as I've stated, Carmelo Anthony would be the best fit in Dallas). Obviously if you're Dallas, you'd sign LeBron over Carmelo if you could. However, focusing only on LeBron, he would probably get his best stats in Dallas (if stats are your thing). He would still be a volume scorer but also rake in the assists with lobs to Chandler, passes to Dirk, and pick-n-rolls with Ellis. Dallas also has the best future salary flexibility for the future, allowing tweaks/improvements in the years to come. We all know Cuban is just as eager to add quality talent as he is sharing his opinion.

If he is going to stay in Miami, I think Wade should be left out of the loop, unless he comes for the MLE. If not, let him walk or do a sign and trade with another team that might be interested (could get a nice TPE). They would need to get Chris Bosh resigned at a discount, then lure Pau Gasol to join for a similar contract. THis would leave enough to offer (or close it) a max contract for Carmelo Anthony. While the salaries for all this is reasonable, the probability of this is highly unlikely. But just imagine...

PG: Dwyane Wade
SG: Carmelo Anthony
SF: LeBron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C : Pau Gasol

They would be very nice offensively, but suffer at the PG position and have some gaping defensive deficiencies..., but at this point in the offseason, I don't see how the Heat could get any better than that. I'd still jump ship to Houston if I was LeBron, and to Dallas if I'm Carmelo Anthony. Pau Gasol deserves some money, or I'd suggest signing with San Antonio.

thenaj17
07-04-2014, 05:26 AM
I lol'd.

He was carrying the Heat. It is not his fault Wade is old, Bosh is shooting more 3s than 2s, and the rest of the team is useless.

This is just embarrassing. They get to the NBA finals with a lot of help from Bosh, Wade, Allen and Chalmers but lose to 1 superior team with a much better coach...and he doesn't have enough help.

I think Kobe gets a pass for demanding the roster improve or he leaves now all those years ago. Bosh, Wade & Ray Allen or Smush, Kwame, Odom, Luke Walton...yeh Bron doesn't have enough help...SMH

thenaj17
07-04-2014, 05:30 AM

No, he's a Lakers fan

Redrum187
07-04-2014, 05:42 AM

They're nowhere near the cap. After signing Dirk they still have $16 mil. I'm not saying that's going to land Labron (because its not) I'm just letting everyone know to take what you said with a grain of salt.

Yeah, he is actually wrong about everything he said. Dirk is still an amazing playing (coming at a discount for the Mavericks now), they have enough room for a max contract and another one the following year (assuming they don't make any other long term deals). Dallas has a winning culture and an amazing coach. I still don't know why people like to defecate on Dallas. lol

PraiseJesus
07-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Broussard said on the radio that Melo may resign with the Knicks then LeBron will join him next year

My insane theory 'according to psd' is gaining momentum!

Never doubt me

thenaj17
07-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Broussard said on the radio that Melo may resign with the Knicks then LeBron will join him next year

Never doubt me

And you're basing this 'momentum' from Chris Broussard? lol

CityofTreez
07-04-2014, 07:12 AM

Never doubt me

Herod doubted Jesus, and look what happened!

scissors
07-04-2014, 08:46 AM

Get used to it man. This is how people have talked about the Mavs FOREVER. It is a huge part of the reason that FA don't sign there. ESPN and all the bloggers think this way about them constantly. HELLO they are the only team that challenged the Spurs, they have the second best coach in the league, Dirk was 10th in PER, 10th in TS%,10th in Offensive rating, 11th in WS, MEANWHILE - Monta Ellis is back to his early GS days of EFF and Chandler is GOOD. Lebron on that team...dang

flclfanman
07-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Number 1 best fit for LeBron James would have to be the Houston Rockets. They need a facilitator to distribute the ball and synchronize the offense. This would allow Patrick Beverly to start at PG as he wouldn't be needed to run the offense primarily (he is basically there for defense and he is an average 3-point shooter so he could space the floor). LeBron would be more than willing to give some of his touches to Harden and Howard, making them incredibly lethal offensively. Defensively, they would be a nightmare. Carmelo Anthony wouldn't be the best fit in Houston, but LeBron James is catered for Houston in my opinion. I don't know why he isn't interested.

Second best fit, the Dallas Mavericks (although as I've stated, Carmelo Anthony would be the best fit in Dallas). Obviously if you're Dallas, you'd sign LeBron over Carmelo if you could. However, focusing only on LeBron, he would probably get his best stats in Dallas (if stats are your thing). He would still be a volume scorer but also rake in the assists with lobs to Chandler, passes to Dirk, and pick-n-rolls with Ellis. Dallas also has the best future salary flexibility for the future, allowing tweaks/improvements in the years to come. We all know Cuban is just as eager to add quality talent as he is sharing his opinion.

If he is going to stay in Miami, I think Wade should be left out of the loop, unless he comes for the MLE. If not, let him walk or do a sign and trade with another team that might be interested (could get a nice TPE). They would need to get Chris Bosh resigned at a discount, then lure Pau Gasol to join for a similar contract. THis would leave enough to offer (or close it) a max contract for Carmelo Anthony. While the salaries for all this is reasonable, the probability of this is highly unlikely. But just imagine...

They would be very nice offensively, but suffer at the PG position and have some gaping defensive deficiencies..., but at this point in the offseason, I don't see how the Heat could get any better than that. I'd still jump ship to Houston if I was LeBron, and to Dallas if I'm Carmelo Anthony. Pau Gasol deserves some money, or I'd suggest signing with San Antonio.

There is no way Wade can play PG and Melo can play the 2. Teams like Phoenix and Houston would obliterate them.

Max.This
07-04-2014, 09:17 AM
There is no way Wade can play PG and Melo can play the 2. Teams like Phoenix and Houston would obliterate them.

How can they afford both melo and gasol? Gasol would have to take the vets min. That guy is smoking some of that Beasley stuff again

DR_1
07-04-2014, 09:32 AM

Agree with you 100% on Houston.

TylerSL
07-04-2014, 09:32 AM
I'm not entertaining the idea that he could leave until he himself starts meeting with other teams.

jp611
07-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA about 8 minutes ago
Another team official who met with James' agent, Rich Paul, in Cleveland tells Yahoo: "I think it's all a smoke screen."

Exactly what it is.

They're playing the league once again.

FYL_McVeezy
07-04-2014, 10:17 AM
I think this is all a smokescreen. LBJ will return to Miami on a 1-2 year deal.

prodigy
07-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Lebron prob wants to stay on heat but that team is poo poo right now. If I were him I'd tell cavs make The trade for love and I'll sign same day. reports that cavs could get love without giving up Wiggins.

Irving
Wiggins
Lebron
Love
AV/Zeller/hawes or defensive guy.

Also have a deep bench. That might even be better then rockets.

Lakersfan30
07-04-2014, 10:39 AM
lebron's going back. the championship teams don't have room to sign him, and he doesn't want to go to sucky teams (or does he??)

dnl123
07-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Lebron prob wants to stay on heat but that team is poo poo right now. If I were him I'd tell cavs make The trade for love and I'll sign same day. reports that cavs could get love without giving up Wiggins.

Irving
Wiggins
Lebron
Love

So these "reports" basically say that the Timberwolves will be ******** and trade Love for nothing? Give me a break dude! Wiggins is gone if you want Love!

Sly Guy
07-04-2014, 11:04 AM

couldn't have put it better myself. And because of that, I think he stays, this year at least.

RazzleDazzle
07-04-2014, 11:26 AM

people who think like this has a pretty simplistic view of things. his legacy is defined by the numbers he puts up, individual awards he wins, and team awards he wins - the team he is with is not a very important criteria - as you have paid attention to what Lebron has done - there is no win-win with what he does. a group of people in the slight minority will always disagree.

kjdills13
07-04-2014, 11:31 AM
If I'm the rockets I propes this to lebrons agent. The heat would have to do it bc they at least get talent in return if lebron wants out.

S&T parsons, Len, harden, Scola= 50 million
For
Lebron(20), wade(15), bosh (15)= 50

Heat then have harden and parson for cute and have 22 million of Scola and Len come off the books next year.

The rockets have space now so could sign a Up to 10 million dollars worth of players then do this deal. Like de in Harris or another pg

FA
WADE
LEBRON
BOSH
HOWARD

Game over

Mr.B
07-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Get used to it man. This is how people have talked about the Mavs FOREVER. It is a huge part of the reason that FA don't sign there. ESPN and all the bloggers think this way about them constantly. HELLO they are the only team that challenged the Spurs, they have the second best coach in the league, Dirk was 10th in PER, 10th in TS%,10th in Offensive rating, 11th in WS, MEANWHILE - Monta Ellis is back to his early GS days of EFF and Chandler is GOOD. Lebron on that team...dang
I'm just glad that the Mavs have been able to pull off trades to bring guys in. If they weren't able to do that this team would be really bad!

sep11ie
07-04-2014, 11:38 AM
If I'm the rockets I propes this to lebrons agent. The heat would have to do it bc they at least get talent in return if lebron wants out.

For

Heat then have harden and parson for cute and have 22 million of Scola and Len come off the books next year.

The rockets have space now so could sign a Up to 10 million dollars worth of players then do this deal. Like de in Harris or another pg

FA
WADE
LEBRON
BOSH
HOWARD

Game over

Holy FAIL Batman

TylerSL
07-04-2014, 11:47 AM

For

FA
WADE
LEBRON
BOSH
HOWARD

Game over

wow no......

rockets-fan
07-04-2014, 12:02 PM
wow no......

Scola lmfao

prodigy
07-04-2014, 12:22 PM

Irving
Wiggins
Lebron
Love

So these "reports" basically say that the Timberwolves will be ******** and trade Love for nothing? Give me a break dude! Wiggins is gone if you want Love!

Do u know basketball sir? Love walks after this season from wolves and they get nothing. A package of

Gee- instant 3 million cap relief if they cut him.

Waiters- who had a good season and a breakout second half to last season. Cavs been fielding calls all off-season for him.

Thompson- double double machine young talented PF

Draft picks. Not sure what loves salary is but cavs can make it match easy. I'd also be more then willing to give up Wiggins anyways. Waiters is more proven scorer and also young.

Think kid, don't just assume things. Wolves want to trade him bad, not sure other teams can offer anything better.

prodigy
07-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Love holds all the cards too. Even if a team puts together a better package all love does is say he's not gonna resign with that team and they pull that offer. Its either get what you can or watch him walk for nothing.

cvburg
07-04-2014, 12:33 PM

For

FA
WADE
LEBRON
BOSH
HOWARD

Game over
U do realize scola has been off rockets for like 2 3 years...And if ur saying lin because len is young big man on suns outta Maryland...And 3 can I get done koolaid too?

cssdmark
07-04-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm in S&T with Miami and NYC. Stat for Lebron. Bulls fans say expirings are great, so Miami would get an expiring. We will throw in JR. At least Miami would get something and Stat will come off the books next year leaving cap room for 2015. Phil get Riley on the phone.

zadora5
07-04-2014, 12:46 PM

Irving
Wiggins
Lebron
Love

Do u know basketball sir? Love walks after this season from wolves and they get nothing. A package of

Waiters- who had a good season and a breakout second half to last season. Cavs been fielding calls all off-season for him.

Draft picks. Not sure what loves salary is but cavs can make it match easy. I'd also be more then willing to give up Wiggins anyways. Waiters is more proven scorer and also young.

Think kid, don't just assume things. Wolves want to trade him bad, not sure other teams can offer anything better.

You sound like the trash on hardcore pawn

Loro2128
07-04-2014, 12:49 PM
I find it interesting how the media has been able to take over and throw whatever they like onto a twitter account and so many people go crazy over it... Should relax just like Lebron Bosh and Wade are relaxing somewhere enjoying themselves not too concerned about their own futures which IMO says everyone else can calm down a bit... I would think if any of them had plans to leave they would not be on vacations and would be taking care of their futures but they not...Riley I'm sure has a rough idea of what he is capable of doing and is out now talking to guys who may have a possibility of joining the Heat well that's how I see it anyways

prodigy
07-04-2014, 01:00 PM

Irving
Wiggins
Lebron
Love

You sound like the trash on hardcore pawn

You sound like a trash troll who results to insulting people that they don't agree with, and you can't find anything wrong with what i said so you get mad. Its cool bro

goingfor28
07-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Love holds all the cards too. Even if a team puts together a better package all love does is say he's not gonna resign with that team and they pull that offer. Its either get what you can or watch him walk for nothing.
He already said he would re sign if lebron is there

DillyDill
07-04-2014, 01:25 PM
No, he's a Lakers fan

Lol I wish,I would welcome him with open arms...but LBJ is staying putt he can't bail on his boys after Wade and Bosh plus Haslem opted out that money. Just wouldn't be morally right, what they opt out for if he leaves?

prodigy
07-04-2014, 02:47 PM
He already said he would re sign if lebron is there

I know, its pretty much take what the cavs will offer them or lose love for nothing. That's what love could say.

prodigy
07-04-2014, 02:50 PM
No, he's a Lakers fan

Lol I wish,I would welcome him with open arms...but LBJ is staying putt he can't bail on his boys after Wade and Bosh plus Haslem opted out that money. Just wouldn't be morally right, what they opt out for if he leaves?

So the heat can use the money to put together a better team with better players. But if good players won't go to the heat why would lebron stay when he does have a team like the cavs that are better.

If heat can grab some good players they a he stays no question.