PDA

View Full Version : Lakers to offer Melo 4 years 95 million

Stunner
07-03-2014, 09:29 PM
@chicagobullsbot: LA Lakers plan to offer Carmelo Anthony a 4yr/$95m deal - (Source: Dave McMenamin/Ramona Shelburne) - http://t.co/IAtywf7Vav

Bostonjorge
07-03-2014, 09:30 PM
He will be a laker.

Tony_Starks
07-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Wifey isn't about to let him turn down that New York money. He's back to the Knicks and may very well take Gasol with him.

bluefire7002
07-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Wifey isn't about to let him turn down that New York money. He's back to the Knicks and may very well take Gasol with him.

Did Houston and CHI offer him the Max too?

raiderfaninTX
07-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Jesus that ego battle of who gets to shoot between him and kobe is going to be great

the other 3 men should just sit back and and watch.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Jesus that ego battle of who gets to shoot between him and kobe is going to be great

the other 3 men should just sit back and and watch.

That is entertaining in and of itself.

Tony_Starks
07-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Did Houston and CHI offer him the Max too?

Neither has the money. He'd have to take a paycut to go to either of them....

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2014, 09:46 PM
He will be a Laker

Bostonjorge
07-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Gasol, randle, melo, kobe and Nash is good lineup. Move Nash and then u can add another player with that 9 mill off the books.

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Lol well that makes things easier. Bye melo. Welcome to the west.

So one less superstar in the east...sad

DudeItsZoltan
07-03-2014, 09:53 PM

Should point out Melo started in the West. As a Lakers fan, still don't think this means much. If its about money, go back to New York...

BigCityofDreams
07-03-2014, 09:56 PM
He will be a Laker

Not if it's true that the Knicks verbally offered the Max.

Hawkamania
07-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Let's not get too excited until we get a confirmation from Woj. :P

In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Lakers offered Melo the max nor would it surprise me if he went to LA. However, I feel he will end up remaining with the Knicks.

torocan
07-03-2014, 10:03 PM

Just imagine what the East would look like if both Melo and Lebron left.

At that point you could just call the East the JV league...

GREATNESS ONE
07-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Lol

72 Wins
07-03-2014, 10:06 PM
If he's going to take a paycut, it's going to be for a contender.....not to be on the Lakers.

PraiseJesus
07-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Laker fan here and pretty sure hes going back to the Knicks

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Good effort Lakers.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2014, 10:25 PM
I wouldnt want Melo for half of that. Not even kidding. I think this is the best thing that could happen to the knicks. This does not help the lakers in any way shape or form

Before people think I am saying this because its the lakers... Go check my posts when he joined the knicks... I said it was terrible.

310Casper
07-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Laker fan here, also hope he stays in NY.

A radio host today described Melo going to LA in a funny way, something along the lines of 'If LA gets Melo, its like having a big warm chocolate chip cookie for breakfast, its amazing, makes you happy, instant satisfaction. But then noon rolls around and you feel bloated and regret all those calories". That's LA if they signed melo to a max.

He's 30, not young, not old, but at the in-between peak years stage. Does LA really want a max-contract melo when he's 33 and 34? Because realistically they arent winning a chip with him in his first two years with their current cap situation.

Terrible for LA in the long run if he signs, but business wise a smart move to sell seats. They need to get younger and start building for the post-kobe era now.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2014, 10:27 PM

A radio host today described Melo going to LA in a funny way, something along the lines of 'If LA gets Melo, its like having a big warm chocolate chip cookie for breakfast, its amazing, makes you happy, instant satisfaction. But then noon rolls around and you feel bloated and regret all those calories". That would be melo if he came to LA.

He's 30, not young, not old, but at the in-between peak years stage. Does LA really want a max-contract melo when he's 33 and 34? Because realistically they arent winning a chip with him in his first two years with their current cap situation.

Terrible for LA in the long run if he signs, but business wise a smart move to sell seats. They need to get younger and start building for the post-kobe era now.

Spot on... On top of that he plays 0 defense... He is basically a very good to great offensive player... They have that in Kobe.

*Silver&Black*
07-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Just imagine what the East would look like if both Melo and Lebron left.

At that point you could just call the East the JV league...

Hawks could finally make the finals with Lebron gone. Go West Lebron!

shep33
07-03-2014, 10:34 PM
What a terrible idea.

J4KOP99
07-03-2014, 10:35 PM
You can have him ny

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Hawks could finally make the finals with Lebron gone. Go West Lebron!

Hornets too, let them all go West...:cool:

dannyy08
07-03-2014, 10:38 PM
NYK told Melo in a meeting today that they will offer him MAX.

The best thing that can happen to the Lakers is that he stays in NY. Why have a new face of the franchise if we have to find a new face of the franchise in three more years.

We need youth. We need pieces that a star would want to join.

IMO it seems like the Lakers are all backwards right now.

Bruno
07-03-2014, 10:39 PM

what if time warner gives Lala another show? haha

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2014, 10:39 PM
I wouldnt want Melo for half of that. Not even kidding. I think this is the best thing that could happen to the knicks. This does not help the lakers in any way shape or form

Before people think I am saying this because its the lakers... Go check my posts when he joined the knicks... I said it was terrible.

This actually might be the worst thing for the Knicks, they're reports they're going to give him the max. I hope he chooses the Lakers but who would want to play for them right now

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2014, 10:40 PM
NYK told Melo in a meeting today that they will offer him MAX.

The best thing that can happen to the Lakers is that he stays in NY. Why have a new face of the franchise if we have to find a new face of the franchise in three more years.

We need youth. We need pieces that a star would want to join.

IMO it seems like the Lakers are all backwards right now.

The Lakers can have him

Aust
07-03-2014, 10:47 PM
:mad:

pls no

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 2h

RT @ramonashelburne: Lakers made it clear to Melo today they'd offer the maximum four-year, $97 million contract if he chose them

Is it 95 or 97?

Pakman
07-03-2014, 10:49 PM

A radio host today described Melo going to LA in a funny way, something along the lines of 'If LA gets Melo, its like having a big warm chocolate chip cookie for breakfast, its amazing, makes you happy, instant satisfaction. But then noon rolls around and you feel bloated and regret all those calories". That's LA if they signed melo to a max.

That radio host you're describing is a fkn tool. Cant stand that guy. Plays himself out like he's a goody guy and is a known bay area homer #$@$#@. Whenever he gets disproved by a caller he hangs up on them and doesn't consider their opinion if it realistically challenges his. **** Willard. k done with rant...continue on.

Avenged
07-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Stay in NY

310Casper
07-03-2014, 10:52 PM
yup, just reported, knicks offered him max just now (5 years/129M)

thank god. Even though im surprised Phil Jackson would do this lol, doesnt seem like a phil jackson kinda move

mudvayne387
07-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Why the hell would he want to play in an organization with an aging and fragile superstar, no head coach, and a piss poor bench ? ... Keep dreaming Laker fans ...

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Knicks came to their senses.

GREATNESS ONE
07-03-2014, 10:55 PM
:laugh2: the two teams who offered the max are fighting about taking him and both want him to end up with the other team!!!

Classic!!! :laugh:

Aust
07-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Why the hell would he want to play in an organization with an aging and fragile superstar, no head coach, and a piss poor bench ? ... Keep dreaming Laker fans ...

I don't want him!

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:56 PM
:laugh2: the two teams who offered the max are fighting about taking him and both want him to end up with the other team!!!

Classic!!! :laugh:

You have to love the offseason!

Crackadalic
07-03-2014, 10:57 PM
I thought the max another team can pay was 4 years 96 millions

310Casper
07-03-2014, 10:58 PM
but then again, Phil Jackson hates Jim Buss

Avenged
07-03-2014, 10:59 PM

I think most of us are dreaming he doesn't come here. At least not at that price.

Duncan = Donkey
07-03-2014, 11:03 PM
5/129, Wow

LA_Raiders
07-03-2014, 11:08 PM
This is all Jim vs Phil...

Kobe/Melo/Randal/Gasol is a very good team

Crackadalic
07-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Phil offering the supermax is a ploy. You guys know he's a master manipulator when it comes to the media.

It's still between the bulls and knicks IMO. Even with melo/Kobe/pau/Nash it's still not enough in the west

Stunner
07-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Lol Melo signing for 129 million is a real bad idea , ruins all those 2015 plans any possibly 2016 as well to get a real star on that team . Melo possibly could waste two prime years of not being a title contender .

Pakman
07-03-2014, 11:12 PM
i dont mind melo to the lakers.:shrug:

I mean its not like the lakers are paying a player past his prime $24 mil a year....

Aust
07-03-2014, 11:18 PM
NY offered him the max, excellent. What happened to that "we need you to take a paycut" thing Phil? Maybe Buss offered the max just so Phil would be forced to lol

Either NY or Chicago pls

Crackadalic
07-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Lol Melo signing for 129 million is a real bad idea , ruins all those 2015 plans any possibly 2016 as well to get a real star on that team . Melo possibly could waste two prime years of not being a title contender .

Even if melo signs the supermax we still have 22 million in cap space. You move a guy like jr and Pablo who is own a combine 7 million that's up to 29. Of course more is better but it's not the end of the world plus we get a 1st rounder too plus thjr/Larkin/early/shump another year older.

Now this is assuming melo doesn't mind this season. If he wants to win now go to Chicago

GodsSon
07-03-2014, 11:23 PM
yup, just reported, knicks offered him max just now (5 years/129M)

thank god. Even though im surprised Phil Jackson would do this lol, doesnt seem like a phil jackson kinda move

The Knicks FO is ********.

Anthony is the type of "star" that your team will never win with so long as he is your best player.

RaiderLakersA's
07-03-2014, 11:24 PM
I think the Lakers are going to throw that kind of money at Melo and LeBron, but will get rejected by both.

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Something tells me Dolan is behind all of this.

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2014, 11:26 PM
It's to the point I'm praying the Bulls can find a way to create cap space and sign him

RaiderLakersA's
07-03-2014, 11:29 PM
The Heat really should sign Melo, bring back LeBron and sign Pau Gasol.

DarkKnight
07-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Something tells me Dolan is behind all of this.

You crazy, lol. Not a shot

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2014, 11:32 PM
You crazy, lol. Not a shot

I just like blaming Dolan lol

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2014, 11:33 PM
The Heat really should sign Melo, bring back LeBron, sign Pau Gasol, trade for Kevin Love, sign Deng, Sign Hawes .

Fixed

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Stay in New York, please.

kobe4thewinbang
07-03-2014, 11:39 PM
I don't get it from LA's standpoint. Melo & Kobe is cool to see, but that team is in so much trouble it's not even funny. They don't need to sign ONE player for a MAX deal. They need about 5-8 good players to START with.

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Stay in New York, please.

Stay in LA

mrblisterdundee
07-04-2014, 01:59 AM
That shows you how much more respect the Lakers have in the league, being able to legitimately offer Carmelo Anthony one less year, nearly $2 million less per season and $34 million less overall – and I bet Anthony's interested, knowing that Los Angeles will eventually put together a winning product.
But don't forget: Carmelo will never win a championship as a team's best player, and no team coached by Mike D'Antoni will ever win a championship – period.

PraiseJesus
07-04-2014, 02:03 AM
I don't understand why players like Melo and Lebron don't just sign 1 year deals over and over through their primes

That would give them unlimited leverage over their team year after year....

It's not like they are gonna fall off over night. Basketball isnt an injury prone sport like the NFL and it's not like they can get $300 million contracts like the MLB

Then when they turn 34, 35 they can get a 5 year deal while they are declining

Seems like a no brainer to me

Lakersfan30
07-04-2014, 10:47 AM
David San Martin ‏@dsanmartinNBA

I am told that the Lakers FO have plans in place already for subsequent moves, whether Melo/LBJ pans out or not.

Delete
Favorite

Sources: Carmelo down to 2 teams, Lakers and Knicks, may need the entire weekend to decide.

Delete
Favorite

Looks like this one will be settled before LeBron's.

nycericanguy
07-04-2014, 10:59 AM

lol what? Melo making $23m vs 21m doesn't ruin 2015... Knicks will still have TONS of cap, especially with the cap for 2015 projected to go up to $67m.

Of course it would be nice if he took a lil less and ultimately I think he will.. but to say an extra $2m will ruin 2015 is just silly.

Stunner
07-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Lol y'all not getting another star with that amount of money next year . Y'all could very well strike out on a star next year because I see all the main players staying with their team . Love I see getting traded this year .

nycericanguy
07-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Melo will be making 26 million per

yes but not next year... it would start at 21, 23...and keep going up. Year 5 would be 29m.

nycericanguy
07-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Lol y'all not getting another star with that amount of money next year . Y'all could very well strike out on a star next year because I see all the main players staying with their team . Love I see getting traded this year .

now you changed your post...lol

With what amount of money? We can offer a MAX deal to anyone in 2015... so what do you mean "with that amount of money"?

TrueFan420
07-04-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't understand why players like Melo and Lebron don't just sign 1 year deals over and over through their primes

It's not like they are gonna fall off over night. Basketball isnt an injury prone sport like the NFL and it's not like they can get $300 million contracts like the MLB

Cause they can't earn the most money that way

BallIsAll
07-04-2014, 01:42 PM
I say the lakers forget melo and throw money at Thomas, Hayward and a center to play with Kobe and randle maybe gasol

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-04-2014, 02:37 PM
please god no

jerellh528
07-04-2014, 02:41 PM
I say the lakers forget melo and throw money at Thomas, Hayward and a center to play with Kobe and randle maybe gasol

monroe, stephenson, thomas.

GiantsSwaGG
07-04-2014, 02:56 PM
please god no

:laugh: I hope he takes the offer

HoodedSB
07-04-2014, 03:03 PM

Who's dreaming? We don't want him.

PraiseJesus
07-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Whoever gets Melo gets Lebron

waveycrockett
07-04-2014, 03:06 PM

Thats what Tim Lincecum was doing......and then he got injured and lost any chance of getting a mega deal.

bagwell368
07-04-2014, 03:14 PM
As a Celts fan I'd love it! It means at least another 6+ years before they get a title...

PraiseJesus
07-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Thats what Tim Lincecum was doing......and then he got injured and lost any chance of getting a mega deal.

Like I said, the NBA isnt like the MLB where players can get unlimited money more or less...

The max deal in the NBA isnt much compared to mlb star contracts

Plus SP are very injury prone anyways not NBA Wing players

waveycrockett
07-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Like I said, the NBA isnt like the MLB where players can get unlimited money more or less...

The max deal in the NBA isnt much compared to mlb star contracts

Plus SP are very injury prone anyways not NBA Wing players

I dont know where you get that NBA wing players aren't prone to injury. Look at the list of top flight wing players who suffered major injury the past 10 years. Eric Gordon, Dwayne Wade, Derrick Rose, CP3, Westbrook, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant, Brandon Roy, Danny Granger and thats just off the top of my head.

cheetos185
07-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Y'all don't even have a star not since MJ retired lol

Pablonovi
07-04-2014, 03:23 PM
For a Kobe-Melo team to work you'd need a very specific group of "supporting" players: 3+ highly unselfish guys who are:
pass-first, 2nd & 3rd,
tough defenders (both individually and team-wise),
big rebounders (on BOTH ends of the floor)
don't care about scoring over 10 points a game average.

IF you do have those 3+ guys, he might have an amazing team (with Kobe-Melo combining for 50ppg). IF you don't have those 3+ guys, you have a defensive nightmare (of the terrible kind) AND a dysfunctional Offense.

I don't know enough about whether the Lakers have / can acquire 3+ of those kinds of guys.

The only alternative to the 3+ guys, would be to have LeBron - he could make it all work; wracking up Magic-Stockton like assists per game numbers (turning Kobe-Melo into monster spot-up shooters) while keeping the ball from sticking; getting another 25 ppg; and working extra-hard on D.

jerellh528
07-04-2014, 03:33 PM
For a Kobe-Melo team to work you'd need a very specific group of "supporting" players: 3+ highly unselfish guys who are:
pass-first, 2nd & 3rd,
tough defenders (both individually and team-wise),
big rebounders (on BOTH ends of the floor)
don't care about scoring over 10 points a game average.

IF you do have those 3+ guys, he might have an amazing team (with Kobe-Melo combining for 50ppg). IF you don't have those 3+ guys, you have a defensive nightmare (of the terrible kind) AND a dysfunctional Offense.

I don't know enough about whether the Lakers have / can acquire 3+ of those kinds of guys.

The only alternative to the 3+ guys, would be to have LeBron - he could make it all work; wracking up Magic-Stockton like assists per game numbers (turning Kobe-Melo into monster spot-up shooters) while keeping the ball from sticking; getting another 25 ppg; and working extra-hard on D.

No. Lebron holds the ball longer than almost anyone, turn Kobe and melo into spot up shooters? Yeah okayyy. Lebrons game is drive and dish/ transition. I don't get this Stockton/ magic comp. This would be a bad fit, Lebron needs guys who are content with standing around the perimeter and waiting for bron to drive and kick it out to them. Not 2 of the best offensive weapons in the game. It would probably work just based off sheer talent, but not because they mesh well.

PraiseJesus
07-04-2014, 03:38 PM
I dont know where you get that NBA wing players aren't prone to injury. Look at the list of top flight wing players who suffered major injury the past 10 years. Eric Gordon, Dwayne Wade, Derrick Rose, CP3, Westbrook, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant, Brandon Roy, Danny Granger and thats just off the top of my head.

Even if LeBron got hurt, i bet teams would still give him the max

lakerboy
07-04-2014, 03:38 PM
No. Lebron holds the ball longer than almost anyone, turn Kobe and melo into spot up shooters? Yeah okayyy. Lebrons game is drive and dish/ transition. I don't get this Stockton/ magic comp. This would be a bad fit, Lebron needs guys who are content with standing around the perimeter and waiting for bron to drive and kick it out to them. Not 2 of the best offensive weapons in the game. It would probably work just based off sheer talent, but not because they mesh well.

Exactly. This is why the best Heat lined up was Lebron + 1 big man + 3 shooters.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Whoever gets Melo gets Lebron

uumm...no lol

nycericanguy
07-04-2014, 05:24 PM

and most of those guys still got maxed after the injuries... and that's nowhere near as long a list as SP's.

Pablonovi
07-04-2014, 07:06 PM

Hey Jerellh,
It seems to me that you back up my point about LeBron very well. So LeBron drives, forces the defense to collapse inward and dishes out to wide-open Kobe-Melo (who have to do a lot less work for better shots & higher percentages & great ppg; than they usually do). He gets Magic-Stockton type of assists per game hitting big-time shooters taking relatively wide-open shots (he has helped create with his drive&kicks).

LeBron is happy because they're winning and he's doing lots of what he does best (being an ultimate TEAM-mate). Kobe-Melo are happy because they get the big numbers with lots less wear-and-tear just getting to their spots and getting near-perfect dishes there; than handling the ball iso-wise for so much of the clock each possession (that's a lot more work AND less productive).

Kobe & Melo would be more a lot more likely to NOT have the ball stick, because with LeBron, there's a excellent chance, if you're free, you'll get it back for an even better shot. The three together would be an almost impossible cover for defenses - a pick your poison type of situation.

I think it would be a fabulous fit (especially with two other good-quality defenders-rebounders who don't need to score to want to play hard); all 3 would average around 25 ppg. LeBron does NOT need guys ...standing around .. waiting for him. He NEEDS guys who can get open just enough (through off-ball movement - which, again is a LOT less work than doing so while dribbling the ball and a guy hanging all over you) so that when LeBron hits them in their sweet spots then can rack up high-percentage shots - that's what Kobe & Melo would do with LeBron's excellent passing - they don't need much space/time to get off their shots - he'd be perfect for both of them.

jerellh528
07-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Hey Jerellh,
It seems to me that you back up my point about LeBron very well. So LeBron drives, forces the defense to collapse inward and dishes out to wide-open Kobe-Melo (who have to do a lot less work for better shots & higher percentages & great ppg; than they usually do). He gets Magic-Stockton type of assists per game hitting big-time shooters taking relatively wide-open shots (he has helped create with his drive&kicks).

LeBron is happy because they're winning and he's doing lots of what he does best (being an ultimate TEAM-mate). Kobe-Melo are happy because they get the big numbers with lots less wear-and-tear just getting to their spots and getting near-perfect dishes there; than handling the ball iso-wise for so much of the clock each possession (that's a lot more work AND less productive).

Kobe & Melo would be more a lot more likely to NOT have the ball stick, because with LeBron, there's a excellent chance, if you're free, you'll get it back for an even better shot. The three together would be an almost impossible cover for defenses - a pick your poison type of situation.

I think it would be a fabulous fit (especially with two other good-quality defenders-rebounders who don't need to score to want to play hard); all 3 would average around 25 ppg. LeBron does NOT need guys ...standing around .. waiting for him. He NEEDS guys who can get open just enough (through off-ball movement - which, again is a LOT less work than doing so while dribbling the ball and a guy hanging all over you) so that when LeBron hits them in their sweet spots then can rack up high-percentage shots - that's what Kobe & Melo would do with LeBron's excellent passing - they don't need much space/time to get off their shots - he'd be perfect for both of them.

Lol okay. If that's what you think. I feel like you have a fairy tale image of what they would play like in your mind and it's pretty. So you go ahead and think Lebron will take over as Stockton or magic and Kobe and melo will be relegated to kyle korvers when Lebron is arguably the least skilled of the three. If you think Lebron is just going to drive and kick to "wide open" Kobe and melo, why even have Kobe and melo and not Ray Allen and steph curry or korver. Lebron being on the team takes away Kobe and Melos best strength. But that's fine because that's a big part of brons game as well, taking an all star caliber player and taking their best strength away and making them spectators.

Pablonovi
07-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Lol okay. If that's what you think. I feel like you have a fairy tale image of what they would play like in your mind and it's pretty. So you go ahead and think Lebron will take over as Stockton or magic and Kobe and melo will be relegated to kyle korvers when Lebron is arguably the least skilled of the three. If you think Lebron is just going to drive and kick to "wide open" Kobe and melo, why even have Kobe and melo and not Ray Allen and steph curry or korver. Lebron being on the team takes away Kobe and Melos best strength. But that's fine because that's a big part of brons game as well, taking an all star caliber player and taking their best strength away and making them spectators.

Hey Jerellh,
We're obviously at different ends of the spectrum about how great or not-so-great LeBron is. I think that, this deep into their careers, Kobe & Melo would gladly go for a much easier way (and more efficient) to get their 25ppg; and with a much better chance to win. In my view, LeBron's skills offer them both a unique opportunity to look better than they otherwise could.

Less work, less turnovers, less criticism, more easy shots, more easy points, more sweet glory - with LeBron being the work-horse the makes the machine purr and snaple and pop and dominate.

todu82
07-04-2014, 09:08 PM
A kobe Melo team would be interesting for sure.

NBA_Starter
07-04-2014, 10:55 PM
A kobe Melo team would be interesting for sure.

More like toxic.

Pablonovi
07-04-2014, 11:57 PM
More like toxic.

Hey Starter,
Damn. I congratulated you, the tiniest bit in advance at least 3 times; and then you finally get and stay over 100K and I missed it :oldguy:. Damn.

A belated multiply-extended congrats!
:clap::cheers: :speechless: :cheers: :clap:

BallIsAll
07-05-2014, 01:25 PM
monroe, stephenson, thomas.

Replace Stephenson with Hayward who's a better shooter.

Hotone1401
07-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Lakers are now in serious contention for Melo's services.

FlashBolt
07-05-2014, 08:39 PM
This is a tough choice for Melo. He can sign with LAL and play against the tough conference or wait a year with the NYK and sign some legitimate help the year after. My answer? Go to Lakers. You get Kobe and you get a franchise that knows how to win. NYK management sucks. Phil might be there but as long as Dolan is there, expect bad decision after bad decision. Would not be surprised if NYK's offer Amare another max contract after this year. They always screw things up.

likemystylez
07-05-2014, 08:44 PM
This is a tough choice for Melo. He can sign with LAL and play against the tough conference or wait a year with the NYK and sign some legitimate help the year after. My answer? Go to Lakers. You get Kobe and you get a franchise that knows how to win. NYK management sucks. Phil might be there but as long as Dolan is there, expect bad decision after bad decision. Would not be surprised if NYK's offer Amare another max contract after this year. They always screw things up.

why not go to chicago? there is no gaurentee that either the lakers or the knicks will sign anymore talent that can help him contend. with the bulls- he would have a team around him built to win now so he wouldnt have to play the wait and see game. Melo is 30 yrs old- the wait and see is fine when you are 23 or 24- but this is likely his last long term contract- might as well try to get a ring

FlashBolt
07-05-2014, 08:51 PM
why not go to chicago? there is no gaurentee that either the lakers or the knicks will sign anymore talent that can help him contend. with the bulls- he would have a team around him built to win now so he wouldnt have to play the wait and see game. Melo is 30 yrs old- the wait and see is fine when you are 23 or 24- but this is likely his last long term contract- might as well try to get a ring

Because their 2015-2016 salary roster doesn't look enticing whereas Lakers/Knicks have a lot to play with after the upcoming season.

PraiseJesus
07-05-2014, 08:54 PM

Not gonna happen

Everyone knows that Kobe will get credit for any rings that are won.

Hes going to the KNicks and all this speculation is just to keep us talking

d00d
07-05-2014, 09:04 PM

thats all sports is anyways, just a soap opera for men. the world might go to hell in a hand basket, but most men are too busy to pay attention to it, they are too worried about what money Melo or Lebron will get. its pretty pathetic when you think about it

imagesrdecievin
07-05-2014, 09:20 PM
If he stays with the Knicks it's because of the money - not because he thinks he'd "gasp" win a ring but not get any credit for it!

That's a much better scenario than being blamed for not being able to win a ship in NY.

FlashBolt
07-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Not gonna happen

Everyone knows that Kobe will get credit for any rings that are won.

And if he goes to Bulls, that's Rose's team. And if he goes to Houston, that's Harden's team. And if he goes to the NYK's, well, they don't win so who cares what team it is?

east fb knicks
07-05-2014, 09:32 PM

hopefully stat takes a pay cut this time around something like 5 years 90 mill:eyebrow:

east fb knicks
07-05-2014, 09:34 PM
yeah melo's going to the lakers to extend his streak of not making the playoffs to 2 years:cheers:

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-05-2014, 09:46 PM
yeah melo's going to the lakers to extend his streak of not making the playoffs to 2 years:cheers:

When was the last time ny went to a finals?

east fb knicks
07-05-2014, 09:50 PM
When was the last time ny went to a finals?

touché sir how long is it going to take for you guys to be a respectable franchise again:laugh2:

DaBear
07-05-2014, 09:52 PM
(null)

Not as long as the Knicks

east fb knicks
07-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Not as long as the Knicks

cool story bro

jerellh528
07-05-2014, 10:29 PM
And if he goes to Bulls, that's Rose's team. And if he goes to Houston, that's Harden's team. And if he goes to the NYK's, well, they don't win so who cares what team it is?

I don't think so, if anything bulls are Noah's team now and Noah isn't exactly the face of a franchise type guy, even if rose comes back as MVP rose, he's young enough to know it would probably be Melos team and he would be the 2nd guy. and if he went to Houston he would instantly be the best player on their squad and it would be his team with harden taking a back seat.

Crunch Time
07-05-2014, 11:15 PM

Carmelo to make decision within the next couple of days, says Lakers made a "strong impression" during meeting and really wants him to come.

Delete
Favorite

same guy reported yesterday that it was down to Knicks and Lakers most likely, way before Woj and ESPN picked it up