PDA

View Full Version : Was LeBron James Truly Effective in the 2014 Finals

amos1er
07-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Many people seem to be under the misconception that Lebron was the only one to bring his "A-Game" while it was his teammates who let him down. This breakdown puts that theory to the test and proves why people are totally mislead by flashy paper stats that they really know nothing about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y02r-Dz5cMw

It appears that Lebron had a great series individually, but under close examination, a few things stood out...

Of the 141 total points Lebron scored in the Finals, 51 of them were scored in blowout situations where the Spurs were up by 15 or more points. During these situations, Lebron averaged a healthy 1.1 points per minute. When the games were closer, he only averaged 0.65 points per minute.

Also, Lebron had just about the same amount of turnovers as he did assists. 20 assists total for the Finals and 19 total turnovers for the finals.

Additionally, Lebron had just about the worst +/- on his team throughout the series... Not just the cramps game.

During the regular season and Eastern Conference playoffs, Lebron was in the 94th and 97th percentile in post up production. In the finals, he only posted up only 11% of the time compared to the 13.9% and 14% he did in the regular season and Eastern Conference playoffs which resulted in him averaging a lowly 1.1 Points Per Post-Up in the finals.

This just goes to show that all the stuff I have been telling you all about over the years is all very true and is agreed upon by people who know how to truly breakdown the game of basketball. Lebron just can't generate enough points against elite teams to be effective. I have told you all time and time again that he pads his stats in both garbage time and against inferior competition and it seems there are other experts who agree with this as well. What good does it do you to be the leader in points, rebounds, and assists when your team is bottom tier in all three. What good does it do you to stuff your Stat Sheet at the expense of your teammates. I'll tell you what good it does you, you get results like you did in this years finals.... The mirage of great individual stats to the layman eye at first glance, while your team receives the worst beat down in finals history.

goingfor28
07-02-2014, 11:18 PM
This should be fun

Riodagoat
07-02-2014, 11:21 PM
lol

3ballbomber
07-02-2014, 11:23 PM
People are enamored by shine, gold & glitter. Numbers never tell you the complete story. When SPurs were spanking the Heat all Lebron kept repeating was "I"need to do more - while the Spurs dismantled them playing a team game. And even if you're going to keep making the same mistakes and try & bail out & carry your team by scoring at least put up 35-40 pts. After that game 3 loss where at one stage Spurs was shooting 90% :speechless: they came out w/ no sense of desperation or determination in game 4. All of them including Lebron, it just happened that Lebron was willing to go one on one more often than not to try and get Miami to score points - thus why he put up the most pts for Miami. Miami stopped moving the ball and played horribly throughout. But it's not a secret that Lebron puts up pts during blowouts (both ways). It's well known he pad stats. The star mentality comes out in his game often when his team is down. But if the ball isn't scoring it's to the detriment of the team. 2-3 in the finals - it may be time to redefine what your game is doing for your team & find a better way to be more effective as a leader. Being great also means making your team mates better. Wade & Bosh shooting a better % doesn't necessarily mean he makes them better, it just means it takes away focus on them and they can take advantage of having 3 all stars in one team. This is the best team i think Lebron will have a chance to win ships in......but he can't take advantage of it. 2 of 4 is not good enough for somebody who hypes himself and is hyped as the king, the best and at times the player to beat Jordans career. and no heat/lebron fan can justify that.

Tony_Starks
07-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Many people seem to be under the misconception that Lebron was the only one to bring his "A-Game" while it was his teammates who let him down. This breakdown puts that theory to the test and proves why people are totally mislead by flashy paper stats that they really know nothing about...

It appears that Lebron had a great series individually, but under close examination, a few things stood out...

Of the 141 total points Lebron scored in the Finals, 51 of them were scored in blowout situations where the Spurs were up by 15 or more points. During these situations, Lebron averaged a healthy 1.1 points per minute. When the games were closer, he only averaged 0.65 points per minute.

Also, Lebron had just about the same amount of turnovers as he did assists. 20 assists total for the Finals and 19 total turnovers for the finals.

Additionally, Lebron had just about the worst +/- on his team throughout the series... Not just the cramps game.

During the regular season and Eastern Conference playoffs, Lebron was in the 94th and 97th percentile in post up production. In the finals, he only posted up only 11% of the time compared to the 13.9% and 14% he did in the regular season and Eastern Conference playoffs which resulted in him averaging a lowly 1.1 Points Per Post-Up in the finals.

This just goes to show that all the stuff I have been telling you all about over the years is all very true and is agreed upon by people who know how to truly breakdown the game of basketball. Lebron just can't generate enough points against elite teams to be effective. I have told you all time and time again that he pads his stats in both garbage time and against inferior competition and it seems there are other experts who agree with this as well. What good does it do you to be the leader in points, rebounds, and assists when your team is bottom tier in all three. What good does it do you to stuff your Stat Sheet at the expense of your teammates. I'll tell you what good it does you, you get results like you did in this years finals.... The mirage of great individual stats to the layman eye at first glance, while your team receives the worst beat down in finals history.

I'm interested to see how the stat guys will spin this one. Let me guess, now they'll switch it up and say the numbers don't tell the whole story....

Dade County
07-02-2014, 11:32 PM

No!

NBA = Entertainment happened.

Just watch the damn games people, please, just watch carefully.

FlashBolt
07-02-2014, 11:42 PM
1) LeBron was on the court for the longest duration of time so it's only fitting that he has the highest +/-.
2) It was a blowout because Miami outside of James couldn't score. They were getting blown out after the second quarter.. Obviously James will score his points in the blowout.
3) He played against the Spurs with little help from his teammates.

Isn't it obvious Spurs beat Miami as a team? Stop turning this into an individual thing - Amost1er. Because if you want to blame James when he plays well when they lose, then I'm only going to assume you will give him credit if they win, right? I just love how you use team and LeBron in separate arguments. For example, game 1, James leaves and what happened? I don't need to even argue this. Anyone saying James didn't play well enough is just looking for something to hate the man for.

Crunch Time
07-02-2014, 11:44 PM
short answer, no

long answer, nope

FlashBolt
07-02-2014, 11:47 PM
BTW, didn't James score 19 points in the third quarter and they were still down? Guess that was HIS fault also, huh?

jerellh528
07-02-2014, 11:49 PM
I think it's pretty obvious to anyone that understands the game that his stats were empty and ineffective. He basically just took what the spurs gave him.

Bostonjorge
07-02-2014, 11:51 PM
19 turnovers? How can we say a player getting 19 turnovers had a good series? I wonder how many players in the top 20 had this many turnovers in a 5 game span.

beliges
07-02-2014, 11:54 PM
The spurs just outplayed lebron and the heat. It's that simple. Spurs were a great team and played some phenomenal ball. Despite what some people want to say, Miami was a great team as well. That's what makes what the spurs did fascinating. Gotta give credit to the spurs and it just shows winning championships is not an easy thing to do .

bucketss
07-02-2014, 11:54 PM
another lebron thread and its hilarious how the same people flood it :laugh:

RazzleDazzle
07-03-2014, 12:06 AM
No, the Spurs dismantled the Heat pretty much. Spurs made him less effective but his teammates missed open shot after shot. Can't do anything about that.

The Spurs were one of the best passing team of all championship teams -one of the best and complete championship teams ever.

With the (lack of) support Lebron got, I would say Jordan wouldn't have beaten this team by himself either lol.

Pablonovi
07-03-2014, 12:13 AM
No, the Spurs dismantled the Heat pretty much. Spurs made him less effective but his teammates missed open shot after shot. Can't do anything about that.

The Spurs were one of the best passing team of all championship teams -one of the best and complete championship teams ever.

With the (lack of) support Lebron got, I would say Jordan wouldn't have beaten this team by himself either lol.

Hey RazzleDazzle,
Nice first post; welcome aboard PSD.

DChibes
07-03-2014, 12:15 AM
I have been a LeBron hater from the day he made "the Decision". My issue was never with him the player, it was always the fact that by having a special TV show just to say where he is going to play basketball he basically told us that he thought he was bigger than the game. No one is ever bigger than the game.

That being said, whether LeBron put up 30 in garbage time or 30 in crunch time it doesn't matter. The Spurs DESTROYED the Heat. 30 points is 30 points no matter when it comes. The fact of the matter is that LeBron was the only player on the court for the Heat that could hurt the Spurs, offensively and defensively

Can we stop talking about how bad the Heat were and start praising the Spurs for their dominating and unselfish basketball?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-03-2014, 12:19 AM
no he wasnt

amos1er
07-03-2014, 12:19 AM
another lebron thread and its hilarious how the same people flood it :laugh:

:rolleyes:

bucketss
07-03-2014, 12:22 AM
:rolleyes:

outside of lakers and lebron, what interests you around the nba? LMAO hilarious.

Crackadalic
07-03-2014, 12:25 AM
These threads are getting stale lately. We get it lebron isn't MJ just another great player.

Anyway the Spurs was just flat out better then Miami. Why are we discrediting the spurs like they wasn't the best team last season. I think thats disrespectful

flea
07-03-2014, 12:26 AM
I still laugh when I think of the PSDers who wanted to give him the Finals MVP for rattling in some 3s in blowouts. I mean do some guys just look at the box scores instead of watching even in the Finals?

The whole Heat team got outclassed, and Lebron certainly played better than his teammates, but he got burned by Kawhi defensively and couldn't get any semblance of a rhythm going offensively for his team. A lot is on his teammates, but as the primary ballhandler and facilitator with a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio a lot of that is on him too.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-03-2014, 12:27 AM

Amazing breakdown, Good work. I honestly don't get why Lebron has so many people fooled.

bucketss
07-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Amazing breakdown, Good work. I honestly don't get why Lebron has so many people fooled.

top cosigner. good job,good effort.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-03-2014, 12:40 AM

top cosigner. good job,good effort.sig

5ass
07-03-2014, 12:46 AM

:cheer: you know PSD has a cheerleader emoticon? You should use that more often, it really sums all your posts. In fact you should just ask the mods if they can configure your account to just quote and cheer for amos1er automatically after every post. That way, you won't have to log on to PSD anymore.

amos1er
07-03-2014, 12:48 AM
outside of lakers and lebron, what interests you around the nba? LMAO hilarious.

Nothing to say about the topic at hand I see...

AIRMAR72
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
the spurs just outplayed lebron and the heat. It's that simple. Spurs were a great team and played some phenomenal ball. Despite what some people want to say, miami was a great team as well. That's what makes what the spurs did fascinating. Gotta give credit to the spurs and it just shows winning championships is not an easy thing to do .correct!!

amos1er
07-03-2014, 12:52 AM

Why thank you good sir. I honestly don't get why so many are fooled. My theory is that people will just believe what they want to believe. Funny how so many of these guys voted "Yes" in my poll, yet they bring nothing to the discussion to back it up. I doubt they even bothered to watch the video because they would get too depressed.

Sactown
07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Yeah Lebrons garbage and is only going to get worse.. He turns 30 in a year and because he lacks skills he will see a big drop off soon much like a running back.. I hope the Kings and the Heat aren't working out a S&T sending him to Sac and Isaiah to Miami so Miami can sign back Wade and Bosh and win 3+ rings while the Kings look at the lottery every season because we are led by the talentless, clutchless, hack who only plays well in the East.. I hope the Kings can trade for Kobe so we can have a dynasty for the next 10 years and HELL Kobe might of torn an ACL but his knees are well rested and should have a career year next season

If we get Kobe I'll see you guys in the finals #PeaceOut

amos1er
07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
sig

Yup, I don't even know how he can still show his face on here after saying something so foolish. I lol every time I read it.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-03-2014, 12:54 AM

:cheer: you know PSD has a cheerleader emoticon? You should use that more often, it really sums all your posts. In fact you should just ask the mods if they can configure your account to just quote and cheer for amos1er automatically after every post. That way, you won't have to log on to PSD anymore.

Wouldn't expect a different answer from a Lebron fan. You guys resort to name calling and kid like remarks when you have no rebuttal.

amos1er
07-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Yeah Lebrons garbage and is only going to get worse.. He turns 30 in a year and because he lacks skills he will see a big drop off soon much like a running back.. I hope the Kings and the Heat aren't working out a S&T sending

Hopefully for your sake not. Lol. I always try to explain this to Laker fans that say they want Lebron in free agency this Off-Season.

amos1er
07-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Wouldn't expect a different answer from a Lebron fan. You guys resort to name calling and kid like remarks when you have no rebuttal.

They truly have no rebuttals for this. All they can do is name call and personally attack others.

L8kers4life
07-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Another one of these threads! lebron is a beast, let's move on from this stuff, you make your points Amoser, but you also seem to forget he won 2 championships in a row! We're those stats hollow as well?

Sactown
07-03-2014, 12:57 AM
Yeah Lebrons garbage and is only going to get worse.. He turns 30 in a year and because he lacks skills he will see a big drop off soon much like a running back.. I hope the Kings and the Heat aren't working out a S&T sending him to Sac and Isaiah to Miami so Miami can sign back Wade and Bosh and win 3+ rings while the Kings look at the lottery every season because we are led by the talentless, clutchless, hack who only plays well in the East.. I hope the Kings can trade for Kobe so we can have a dynasty for the next 10 years and HELL Kobe might of torn an ACL but his knees are well rested and should have a career year next season

If we get Kobe I'll see you guys in the finals #PeaceOut

Yeah I hope LA gets him so they can suck forever

amos1er
07-03-2014, 12:57 AM
These threads are getting stale lately. We get it lebron isn't MJ just another great player.

Anyway the Spurs was just flat out better then Miami. Why are we discrediting the spurs like they wasn't the best team last season. I think thats disrespectful

You may get it, but you'll be surprised at how many don't.

amos1er
07-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Yeah I hope LA gets him so they can suck forever

Don't worry, Jim Buss is working on that no matter if we get him or not.

Rush
07-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Give it a rest already. Does it really matter? I'm closing this.