PDA

View Full Version : Clippers and Cavs Discussing Deng+Hawes for Jamal Crawford Swap?

Clippersfan86
07-02-2014, 10:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--jamal-crawford-seeking-contract-extension-with-clippers-or-future-teams-023116736.html

One of the proposed trades according to Woj. Deng+Hawes+Ed Davis (Clippers in talks with Davis). Would be a huge get. Paul/Redick/Deng/Griffin/DJ.

goingfor28
07-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Would be a GREAT trade for the Clippers

Clippersfan86
07-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Clippers would no doubt have to throw in a pick IMO. Maybe even Reggie Bullock or another piece. Which I'd have no issue with.

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 10:59 PM
That'd be Awesome for the LAC.

goingfor28
07-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Clippers would no doubt have to throw in a pick IMO. Maybe even Reggie Bullock or another piece. Which I'd have no issue with.
Jamal Bullock Dudley and a couple picks would make sense and probably be close to even, salary wise

Clippersfan86
07-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Agree 28. Benefit of S&T is can lock up Deng for at least 3-4 years with core.

Melo15
07-02-2014, 11:06 PM
As a Cavs fan I'd love for us to get something back from Deng in a sign and trade. Both the Cavs and Deng wanted nothing to do with each other after the season so this seems like the ideal scenario. Deng goes to a great situation, Cavs get some decent assets in return.

Kashmir13579
07-02-2014, 11:06 PM
What is Cleveland doing?... What are they ever doing...?

mudvayne387
07-02-2014, 11:08 PM

Tanking for Wiggins ... Oh wait ...

Crackadalic
07-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Like it for the clippers. Cavs not sure why they need crawford when they already have enough guards unless there trading another player. I see Waiters gone IMO

WITZ
07-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Yea I don't know why the cavs would do this trade. Would be great for the Clips tho solid team.

Riodagoat
07-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Love this if I were a Clipper fan. But wtf is Cleveland doing?

3ballbomber
07-02-2014, 11:13 PM
would be good trade for both teams

Clippersfan86
07-02-2014, 11:15 PM
People asking why for the Cavs... but it's essentially a free asset, considering that Hawes and Deng are both likely to walk. Cavs could use another dependable shot creator and scorer. Plus Clippers would likely throw something else in. Crawford's contact is very tradable.

Shammyguy3
07-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Deng's the absolute perfect fit with LAC

ichitownclowni
07-02-2014, 11:26 PM
I was coming here to post this haha

Melo15
07-02-2014, 11:28 PM
People asking why for the Cavs... but it's essentially a free asset, considering that Hawes and Deng are both likely to walk. Cavs could use another dependable shot creator and scorer. Plus Clippers would likely throw something else in. Crawford's contact is very tradable.

Yep, you nailed it. Great fit for both sides here.

kozelkid
07-02-2014, 11:50 PM
While I agree, I'd much rather see him in Dallas. I don't think can stomach him playing in LA.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2014, 11:53 PM

Agreed. BTW just out of curiosity how was Deng last year? I heard he wasn't the best fit but do you think it was a decline? Or just a fit/coaching issue?

FlashBolt
07-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Cavs are making some serious moves here.

Bostonjorge
07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Clippers getting the best player in the deal and a back up C that they needed.

Melo15
07-03-2014, 12:00 AM

Agreed. BTW just out of curiosity how was Deng last year? I heard he wasn't the best fit but do you think it was a decline? Or just a fit/coaching issue?

I think a bit of both. Apparently the front office wasn't thrilled with his attitude but coming from Chicago to Cleveland that's understandable. He admittedly didn't look healthy but again that could be him not wanting to be in Cleveland and not giving his all and Mike Brown's offensive "system" certainly didn't help. I just think it was a bad fit for both sides and one that neither sees a legitimate future with. He still showed enough to make him a valuable piece moving forward.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 12:27 AM
I think a bit of both. Apparently the front office wasn't thrilled with his attitude but coming from Chicago to Cleveland that's understandable. He admittedly didn't look healthy but again that could be him not wanting to be in Cleveland and not giving his all and Mike Brown's offensive "system" certainly didn't help. I just think it was a bad fit for both sides and one that neither sees a legitimate future with. He still showed enough to make him a valuable piece moving forward.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Cleveland just wanting to be terrible again and again and the owner saying "this is our last trip in the lottery" and then he'll be back for another 1st overall pick.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Cleveland is a joke, idk what the hell they are ever doing or thinking.

They have Kyrie, Wiggins, and are rumored to be putting together a serious offer for Gordon Hayword.

What good, does a 34 year old Jamal Crawford do for this team? Give them a good 6th man for a year or two?? what the hell are they thinking....

Use that 5 million Jamal Crawford will cost on a quality young player for the future, not a waste in Jamal Crawford who just chucks up shots.

The Clippers without Cleveland cannot sign Hawes or Deng as they are over the cap without offering them anything more than the MLE, If I am Cleveland, I ask for Deandre Jordan back from LAC, and if they say no, I tell them to shove it, because then the Clippers only have the mid level exception to offer which may not be enough for either Hawes or Deng.

If I am the Clippers, this trade makes them the favorite to win the NBA Title for 2014-2015.

And finally, as a Miami fan, I am seriously scared that Gasol, Hawes, Deng, Gortat and Lowry are soon to be off the market and Miami has nothing left.

Arch Stanton
07-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Cleveland just wanting to be terrible again and again and the owner saying "this is our last trip in the lottery" and then he'll be back for another 1st overall pick.

Huh? What the hell does your comment have to do with the topic?

Max.This
07-03-2014, 12:39 AM
as long as he doesn't go to Miami its all good

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Where-we-going-e1402925140471.jpg

Kushed

They have Kyrie, Wiggins, and are rumored to be putting together a serious offer for Gordon Hayword.

What good, does a 34 year old Jamal Crawford do for this team? Give them a good 6th man for a year or two?? what the hell are they thinking....

The Clippers without Cleveland cannot sign Hawes or Deng as they are over the cap, If I am Cleveland, I ask for Deandre Jordan back from LAC, and if they say no, I tell them to shove it, because then the Clippers only have the mid level exception to offer which may not be enough for either Hawes or Deng.

If I am the Clippers, this trade makes them the favorite to win the NBA Title for 2014-2015.

It's a free asset. Like others have mentioned. Deng and Hawes are gonna walk regardless and it seems like CLE has a legitimate interest in contending right away. You have to remember that there is still a chance they get LeBron so that would be another chip for him to work with. That would be an insanely good team.

Kyrie/Gordon/wiggins/LeBron/varajoa

With a whole handful of guys off the bench including jamal

east fb knicks
lmao what is the deal craw for deng and hawes doesn't add up:confused:

Pakman
07-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Would be a nice get for clips but still wouldn't come out of the west imo. Especially if OKC nabs Pau.

beasted86
07-03-2014, 12:41 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--jamal-crawford-seeking-contract-extension-with-clippers-or-future-teams-023116736.html

One of the proposed trades according to Woj. Deng+Hawes+Ed Davis (Clippers in talks with Davis). Would be a huge get. Paul/Redick/Deng/Griffin/DJ.

Inaccurate wording. Deng or Hawes or Davis since Crawford only makes $5M.

Arch Stanton
07-03-2014, 12:42 AM

The Clippers without Cleveland cannot sign Hawes or Deng as they are over the cap, If I am Cleveland, I ask for Deandre Jordan back from LAC, and if they say no, I tell them to shove it, because then the Clippers only have the mid level exception to offer which may not be enough for either Hawes or Deng.

The rumors with Hayward were overblown and it is believed that the Cavs will not offer him a contract, since they believe the Jazz will match any offer and ultimately tie up the Cavs funds while they wait the 3 days.
I'm not sure how a S&T with the Clips for Crawford is a bad thing when the Cavs will be losing Deng/Hawes anyways. At least they get something for Deng/Hawes.
There is no way the Clips include Jordan in a deal IMO.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 12:42 AM
It's a free asset. Like others have mentioned. Deng and Hawes are gonna walk regardless and it seems like CLE has a legitimate interest in contending right away. You have to remember that there is still a chance they get LeBron so that would be another chip for him to work with. That would be an insanely good team.

Kyrie/Gordon/wiggins/LeBron/varajoa

With a whole handful of guys off the bench including jamal

A free asset? They can use the 5 million Jamal Crawford is going to cost them on their salary cap elsewhere on a younger player. And Cleveland is not contending right away no matter what.

Finally, again like I said, the Clippers cannot even sign Hawes or Deng for more than the MLE, so if I am Cleveland I ask for DeAndre Jordan back and if the Clippers say no, they get neither Deng or Hawes.

Aust
07-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Would be a nice get for clips but still wouldn't come out of the west imo. Especially if OKC nabs Pau.

They have the cap space for him?

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 12:44 AM
The rumors with Hayward were overblown and it is believed that the Cavs will not offer him a contract, since they believe the Jazz will match any offer and ultimately tie up the Cavs funds while they wait the 3 days.
I'm not sure how a S&T with the Clips for Crawford is a bad thing when the Cavs will be losing Deng/Hawes anyways. At least they get something for Deng/Hawes.

Okay, and what good does Jamal Crawford do for Cleveland?

Take Andrew Wiggins' minutes??

He is 34 years old for christ sake and just a shot chucker. He has no room on the Cleveland roster. And LAC cannot get these two without Cleveland, so they can ask for more than Crawford back. Hell, ask for Reddick or someone then.

Pakman
07-03-2014, 12:45 AM
They have the cap space for him?
The rumored S&T

east fb knicks
07-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Inaccurate wording. Deng or Hawes or Davis since Crawford only makes $5M.

lmao I thought I was the only one how can the clippers take on deng and hawes and just send back 5 mill:confused:

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 12:48 AM
lmao I thought I was the only one how can the clippers take on deng and hawes and just send back 5 mill:confused:

Hmmm.. Maybe sign and trade Hawes for 5.5 million back and then sign Deng with the MLE?

But yeah, I thought both those players wanted more money than that.

Arch Stanton
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM

He is 34 years old for christ sake and just a shot chucker. He has no room on the Cleveland roster. And LAC cannot get these two without Cleveland, so they can ask for more than Crawford back. Hell, ask for Reddick or someone then.

They need shooters to stretch the floor. Regardless if you are a fan or not I do not understand why this would be a bad thing? We aren't giving up anything to get him. This team is very young and a veteran shooter can only help IMO.

Melo15

Well it sounds like they're looking at moving Dion possibly so Crawford easily fills into that role. I'm not sure why you're acting as though Wiggins can't get minutes at SF either. Simply put the Cavs need talent and he provides that. He's on a reasonable contract so they could also use him as an asset.

east fb knicks
Hmmm.. Maybe sign and trade Hawes for 5.5 million back and then sign Deng with the MLE?

But yeah, I thought both those players wanted more money than that.

:laugh2: deng turned down 10 mill in chi town he's not going to the clippers for their mle i'm wondering if dj is involved cuz the clippers don't have any other contracts to match up

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 12:54 AM
:laugh2: deng turned down 10 mill in chi town he's not going to the clippers for their mle i'm wondering if dj is involved cuz the clippers don't have any other contracts to match up

Exactly what I said about the Cavs getting DJ. Then it makes sense.

And to be honest, the Clippers having Blake in the post, with a center who can shoot 40% from 3, with Cp3 running the show is a scary, scary team. And Luol Deng on that team is the most beautiful fit, tailor made. Gives them toughness, defense, and a veteran to help lead the team with Paul.

If I am LAC, for Deng and Hawes, I'd give up DJ

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 12:55 AM
lmao what is the deal craw for deng and hawes doesn't add up:confused:

Likely fillers like Barnes or Dudley+pick+something else. Obviously cap doesn't work straight up, or it would of been done by now. It may need to be a 3 team trade too.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Well, as a dissapointed HEAT fan, but an NBA fan,

If Gasol does go to OKC, and Hawes/Deng go to Clippers, the Clippers/OKC series would be this year x 100 better. Those additions put OKC/LAC and Spurs as the best teams in the West by far. If Melo lands with Houston, the West has the best 4 teams in the NBA by far, and the WCF is the NBA Finals next season.

kblo247
07-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Really trying to make Wiggins into a SG like T-Mac, Kobe, and. Vince over a SF it seems

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Likely fillers like Barnes or Dudley+pick+something else. Obviously cap doesn't work straight up, or it would of been done by now. It may need to be a 3 team trade too.

Barnes/Dudley? Why does Cleveland take the Clippers garbage?

I tell them give me DeAndre or forget adding Deng and Hawes and the Clippers honestly can't do anything without Cleveland here.

east fb knicks
07-03-2014, 01:06 AM

idk if I were a clippers fan id trade deng for dj shyt the cavs front office isn't that smart you might get a first rd pick too i'd do it and hawes would fit so nice next to blake and the paint would be wide open for blake and cp3 think about it you'd have deng to play on kd the more I talk about it it sounds like a good deal for both sides

Aust
07-03-2014, 01:14 AM
The rumored S&T

ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Interesting!

Method28
07-03-2014, 01:15 AM

Barnes/Dudley? Why does Cleveland take the Clippers garbage?

I tell them give me DeAndre or forget adding Deng and Hawes and the Clippers honestly can't do anything without Cleveland here.

Orrrr the Clips say no way and Cavs get absolutely nothing for Deng and Hawes. You say they should use the $5 mill on a good young player....what good young player is gonna sign with Cleveland for only 5 mill?

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Orrrr the Clips say no way and Cavs get absolutely nothing for Deng and Hawes. You say they should use the $5 mill on a good young player....what good young player is gonna sign with Cleveland for only 5 mill?

Uhm, use that 5 million and offer Lance Stephenson a deal, or use that 5 million and try and sign Greg Monroe.

Again, Dudley and Barnes have no spot in Cleveland, and LAC cannot get Deng/Hawes without the Cavs, they have all the power.

Hell, rather than committing 8 million in cap to Barnes and Dudley, I'd rather have my cap space.

But I doubt a deal happens anytime soon, as Cleveland is poised to make an offer for Hayword or someone else and they should at least see whats out there before committing 12 million in cap to Crawford, Barnes and Dudley LOL

Sorry bro, the Clippers hold no cards here, its Cleveland.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne 29m
Pierce talks are one of many S&T possibilities Clippers have been exploring as they look to upgrade w/out much salary flexibility

Seems much more Likely

kevin916
07-03-2014, 02:09 AM
No way the Cavs trade for Crawford. It makes no sense and who cares if Deng or Hawes walk its not like they been with the team for 4 years. They were brought in to open up cap space.... Crawford is 34 and Dion Waiters is no different then him besides 11 years younger!! They both create instant offense!!! If the Cavs make that move they would have Kyrie, Waiters, Jack, Wiggins, Delladova and Crawford. That's 6 guards on the roster... Not happening!!

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Isn't Deng unrestricted?

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 02:52 AM
Uhm, use that 5 million and offer Lance Stephenson a deal, or use that 5 million and try and sign Greg Monroe.

Again, Dudley and Barnes have no spot in Cleveland, and LAC cannot get Deng/Hawes without the Cavs, they have all the power.

Hell, rather than committing 8 million in cap to Barnes and Dudley, I'd rather have my cap space.

But I doubt a deal happens anytime soon, as Cleveland is poised to make an offer for Hayword or someone else and they should at least see whats out there before committing 12 million in cap to Crawford, Barnes and Dudley LOL

Sorry bro, the Clippers hold no cards here, its Cleveland.
Its going to take more than $5 mil to land Stephenson. He apparently has a very high opinion of himself and has turned down $44 mil for $5 yrs from the Pacers in their negotiations.

Xplicit
07-03-2014, 03:12 AM
damn. Dj in Cleveland would be good.

DJ/Varejao/Zeller
Thompson/Bennett
Wiggins/Karasev
Waiters/Delladova
Irving/Jack

Chronz
07-03-2014, 04:08 AM
How interesting, I had hoped they would target Ed Davis.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 04:29 AM
How interesting, I had hoped they would target Ed Davis.

They are man. He's the main target today. I think he's a PERFECT fit for a 3rd big. Young (25), can play a little D, double double guy PER 36.

Brad Turner @BA_Turner 12h
Clippers have reached out to free agent forward Ed Davis, sources

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 5h
Clippers have been talking to Ed Davis and are optimistic. They like the 25-year old forward's upside after Grizzlies failed to tender him.

Raidaz4Life
07-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Its going to take more than $5 mil to land Stephenson. He apparently has a very high opinion of himself and has turned down $44 mil for $5 yrs from the Pacers in their negotiations.

He wasn't saying necessarily to offer him 5 mil a year. Just that the Cavs could offer him an additional 5 mil a year without Crawford than they could with Crawford.

Vinylman
07-03-2014, 07:28 AM
how do you put two guys who are FA's in the same S&T?

Did the CBA Change on that?

How can this technically happen?

Because isn't deng basically saying he wants 10 million per year?

Vinylman
07-03-2014, 07:33 AM

as he should ... that was a **** offer... multiple other teams will offer that amount over 4 years.

TheNumber37
07-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Isn't that a LOT for Crawford.

Granted, Deng and Hawes will probably walk for nothing... but a sign and trade to overpay Crawford?

Vee-Rex
07-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Until we get complete and full confirmation of a deal (until it actually happens), I wouldn't put too much trust into it. The contracts don't add up.

GeronimoSon
07-03-2014, 08:49 AM
DeAndre Jordan is in the last year of his contract.. he'd be a "one and done", so, a S & T for Hawes/Deng would make sense for both clubs.. It would be nice for the Cavs to sign DJ to a max.. not Hayward.. imho.. Perhaps that will be the path where both clubs get what they need?.. We shall see.. one week from today, ink and paper should be meeting...

RateSports
07-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Like it for the clippers. Cavs not sure why they need crawford when they already have enough guards unless there trading another player. I see Waiters gone IMO

They. Are. Trading. Wiggins. For. Love.

prodigy
07-03-2014, 09:21 AM

This is the dumbest comment so far. Lol you act like this happened. Its a rumor kid, prob not even true or even mentioned between teams.

As for what thy are doing its kinda clear. Build threw draft and hopefully sign or trade for a star player to contend. Crawford def no star and really old now but good shooter off bench. I'd prob pass on this though.

king4day
07-03-2014, 10:34 AM
I really don't get why people don't understand this for the Cavs.

Hawes and Deng aren't returning. If they can nab the 6th man of the year who's under their control for 2 seasons (second year is a team option too)? You do it. And if they can nab someone like Dudley and/or Bullock too? That's a win.

I realize Dudley isn't the same but he's got veteran experience and a cheap contract.

This would be a fantastic trade for both teams.

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 01:50 PM
as he should ... that was a **** offer... multiple other teams will offer that amount over 4 years.
Going strictly on talent Stephenson is worth more than what the Pacers offered but has really hurt his value with his antics. GM's are leery of having a guy like that in their locker room, especially young teams. If he wanted to win he should go to a veteran team. He clearly is looking to get paid though (nothing wrong with that either). He'll end up going to whoever is going to pay him the most, not where he has the best chance to win.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 01:53 PM
I really don't get why people don't understand this for the Cavs.

Hawes and Deng aren't returning. If they can nab the 6th man of the year who's under their control for 2 seasons (second year is a team option too)? You do it. And if they can nab someone like Dudley and/or Bullock too? That's a win.

I realize Dudley isn't the same but he's got veteran experience and a cheap contract.

This would be a fantastic trade for both teams.

Uhm, because that's close to 12 million committed in cap space to players who have NO future with the Cavs and no business being on that team.

They can use that 12 million for Gordon Hayword/Stephenson, or hell even LeBron.

Why just give up their cap space for two players who are leaving.

Do people not get logic?

The Bulls want to S&T Boozer to the Knicks for Melo.. Why don't the Knicks do it? It's better than losing Melo for nothing. LOL

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 03:41 PM
WoJ reporting Deng is interested in this and meeting Doc today!

goingfor28
07-03-2014, 03:55 PM
WoJ reporting Deng is interested in this and meeting Doc today!
Yup yup here's Woj tweet

Free agent Luol Deng intrigued with Clippers sign-and-trade possibilities, sources tell Yahoo. He's expected to speak with Doc Rivers today.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 03:59 PM
I'd give Cleveland pretty much anything they want outside of CP3/Griffin/DJ for Deng. Jamal Crawford+Bullock+a pick etc.

prodigy
07-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Who gives a crap what Deng thinks, clippers need to woo the cavs first.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 04:02 PM

You realize he's unrestricted right? Cavs have two choices. Take a couple assets and get below market value for a guy about to walk anyway. Or let him walk completely with nothing. They could get the reigning 6th man of the year, a pick or two and say Matt Barnes (solid role guy) or Reggie Bullock (decent prospect for 3+D player), why would they say no? They are shopping Waiters pretty hard too, I wouldn't mind the Clips taking him off their hands.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Based on the rumors, combined with cap situation it's likely to be a Crawford+Barnes for Deng package deal. Deng will get 8-9 mill a year, so the salaries add up.

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Based on the rumors, combined with cap situation it's likely to be a Crawford+Barnes for Deng package deal. Deng will get 8-9 mill a year, so the salaries add up.

If I am Cleveland, hell to the no. I wait and see if I can get a Gordon Hayworld/LeBron/Lance Stephenson befoe committing 9 mill in cap space to Crawford and Barnes.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 04:21 PM
If I am Cleveland, hell to the no. I wait and see if I can get a Gordon Hayworld/LeBron/Lance Stephenson befoe committing 9 mill in cap space to Crawford and Barnes.

No big contract free agents are going to Cleveland. They aren't even in the running. Those small market teams have only two ways to improve. Trade or draft. A guy like Stephenson who just wants a big payday maybe, but Lebron and Hayward, no.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Nike you think a guy they are about to lose for nothing is going to get someone like DeAndre Jordan?

WITZ
07-03-2014, 04:26 PM
You realize he's unrestricted right? Cavs have two choices. Take a couple assets and get below market value for a guy about to walk anyway. Or let him walk completely with nothing. They could get the reigning 6th man of the year, a pick or two and say Matt Barnes (solid role guy) or Reggie Bullock (decent prospect for 3+D player), why would they say no? They are shopping Waiters pretty hard too, I wouldn't mind the Clips taking him off their hands.

If that's the case let him walk no need to clutter our roster to appease Deng so he gets paid he was never gonna come back so its not a big deal if he walks. Would rather us keep our cap space and take a shot at signing Hayward or Ariza than take on more players eating up our cap space just so Deng gets paid a couple million more.

shep33
07-03-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm just saying.. CP3 better get that ring with Deng.

More than anything though, I think Blake has become the best player on the team. His improvement will determine their outcome next year I think

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 04:32 PM
If that's the case let him walk no need to clutter our roster to appease Deng so he gets paid he was never gonna come back so its not a big deal if he walks. Would rather us keep our cap space and take a shot at signing Hayward or Ariza than take on more players eating up our cap space just so Deng gets paid a couple million more.

Sure you can do that very Cleveland thing... but tell me when a good free agent ever signed in Cleveland? You guys have trouble even retaining your OWN drafted players. Ariza is strongly leaning towards a Wizards return and latest reports say Cleveland isn't going to offer Hayward a deal because it's clear Utah will match. Barnes and Crawford are good value assets for what they get paid. Barnes get's under 3 mill a year for two more seasons. Crawford get's 5 mill a year for just next year, with a team option the following year. What's bad about those contracts? Cavs are better off with vets and good role players than a pipe dream for free agents that never come.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 04:38 PM
BTW I'm not trying to put Cleveland down. They have a bright future. I'm just saying when has them waiting for free agents EVER paid off?

WITZ
07-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Sure you can do that very Cleveland thing... but tell me when a good free agent ever signed in Cleveland? You guys have trouble even retaining your OWN drafted players. Ariza is strongly leaning towards a Wizards return and latest reports say Cleveland isn't going to offer Hayward a deal because it's clear Utah will match. Barnes and Crawford are good value assets for what they get paid. Barnes get's under 3 mill a year for two more seasons. Crawford get's 5 mill a year for just next year, with a team option the following year. What's bad about those contracts? Cavs are better off with vets and good role players than a pipe dream for free agents that never come.

So because no one has signed we shouldn't even bother and should just trade for a couple players that we don't need. The ball is in the Cavs court if the Clips really want Deng so why should we take some players we don't have real need for If Wiggins is starting at the 2 spot why do we need Crawford again because Waiters automatically becomes that spark plug of the bench for us. Either a) Deng signs for the Mil if the clips even have that or B) they give the cavs something of need so they help the clippers/Deng out. Btw buy all reports "Ariza strongly leaning towards a wizards return" isn't true or else i doubt Beal would be telling people Ariza returning is up in the air at the moment.

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Wouldn't Deng have to agree to the trade considering he's an unrestricted free agent?

WITZ
07-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Wouldn't Deng have to agree to the trade considering he's an unrestricted free agent?

Considering Deng is meeting with the Clips & Doc he has obvious interest in them. Purpose of the sign and trade would be so he gets a bigger paycheck nothing more and he can't do that without the cavs helping him out.

goingfor28
07-03-2014, 04:52 PM
But yet you thought lowry, gortat, etc should all take crazy pay cuts to go to miami? :eyebrow:

goingfor28
07-03-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm just saying.. CP3 better get that ring with Deng.

More than anything though, I think Blake has become the best player on the team. His improvement will determine their outcome next year I think
This post is 100% true

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Considering Deng is meeting with the Clips & Doc he has obvious interest in them. Purpose of the sign and trade would be so he gets a bigger paycheck nothing more and he can't do that without the cavs helping him out.

Would the Clippers be willing to pay him more than he could get in the open market? I know the Clipps are trying to unload Crawford. If they have the cap room it would seem more beneficial for them to sign Deng outright and then trade Crawford for another guy that would also help their team. Just my opinion.

WITZ
07-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Would the Clippers be willing to pay him more than he could get in the open market? I know the Clipps are trying to unload Crawford. If they have the cap room it would seem more beneficial for them to sign Deng outright and then trade Crawford for another guy that would also help their team. Just my opinion.

I think that's where the problem lies I think they just have the Mid level exception and Deng wants more. Otherwise Deng would most likely be a member of the Clips already.

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 05:02 PM
I think that's where the problem lies I think they just have the Mid level exception and Deng wants more. Otherwise Deng would most likely be a member of the Clips already.

That makes sense.

Kyben36
07-03-2014, 05:03 PM
that would be awsome for the clips, esentially getting him for very little. i am not in love with Crawford,

Nikeman
07-03-2014, 05:24 PM
But yet you thought lowry, gortat, etc should all take crazy pay cuts to go to miami? :eyebrow:

Yeah, no need to put words in my mouth, you are one the most annoying posters on PSD, so anti-Miami its pathetic.

goingfor28
07-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, no need to put words in my mouth, you are one the most annoying posters on PSD, so anti-Miami its pathetic.
And half of you seem to think every FA will take the minimum to go to miami, also pathetic
I'm not anti miami btw. I have no problem w the heat, whenever lebron is gone I won't care anymore. Just like how I felt w cleveland before.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Cavs are clearly clearing money to make a run at LeBron.

Method28
07-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Nikeman - Bro I get what you're saying but would the Cavs really be "gathering a potential max deal for Heyward" if they had any shot at LeBron? No way. They've already put in their inquiries and most likely didn't like what they heard. A Hayward-Irving combo screams mediocracy to me.

I feel you're undervaluing what Jamal brings. He ***** on Waiters.

He played very well last year and is the reigning 6th man of the year. Is he there for the long haul? Of course not. But as an expiring contract and someone who other NBA players love to have on their team...the Cavs won't find a better "free" asset around the league for something they were going to lose for nothing.

They'd be smart to take that deal IMO.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Nikeman - Bro I get what you're saying but would the Cavs really be "gathering a potential max deal for Heyward" if they had any shot at LeBron? No way. They've already put in their inquiries and most likely didn't like what they heard. A Hayward-Irving combo screams mediocracy to me.

I feel you're undervaluing what Jamal brings. He ***** on Waiters.

He played very well last year and is the reigning 6th man of the year. Is he there for the long haul? Of course not. But as an expiring contract and someone who other NBA players love to have on their team...the Cavs won't find a better "free" asset around the league for something they were going to lose for nothing.

They'd be smart to take that deal IMO.

He left Cleveland without an offer so they must very much feel that they are still in the LeBron sweepstakes. Either way Jazz are probably going to match any offer.

IversonIsKrazy
07-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Ive always thouhgt Clips were missing a perimeter defender, but even if they get Deng, they gotta now replace Crawford and Collison off the bench, which is tough.

mrblisterdundee
07-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Tanking for Wiggins ... Oh wait ...

It's pretty crazy, though, that Cleveland has seven shooting guards, if you include Andrew Wiggins in the back court. The Clippers should probably throw them a bone named Matt Barnes.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 08:06 PM
It's pretty crazy, though, that Cleveland has seven shooting guards, if you include Andrew Wiggins in the back court. The Clippers should probably throw them a bone named Matt Barnes.

They going to need to clear money for Bron anyway.

smith&wesson
07-03-2014, 08:07 PM
how in the world is Crawford worth Deng & Hawes ? baffles me...

I guess its better then letting Deng walk for free and getting nothing back.

kdspurman
07-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Ive always thouhgt Clips were missing a perimeter defender, but even if they get Deng, they gotta now replace Crawford and Collison off the bench, which is tough.

Yea. Crawford is a very nice spark off the bench

prodigy
07-03-2014, 08:34 PM

Crawford would take minutes away from our young guys so I pass on him. Barnes is garbage I'll pass on anything else outside of real talent.

Clippers need cavs to get deng, honesty sure the cavs would rather get some pieces in return, but they don't care about Crawford and other crap unless lebron was coming back. So doubt the cavs care much about helping clippers unless y'all throw in DJ

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 08:36 PM
how in the world is Crawford worth Deng & Hawes ? baffles me...

I guess its better then letting Deng walk for free and getting nothing back.

It is to free money.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Plus latest talk has no Hawes.

prodigy
07-03-2014, 08:45 PM

Heat or cavs are the only teams lebron would go too. He's not a moron believe it or not. Lebron knows running to another already really good team would kill his legacy and would be known as a ring chaser. So ya cavs are still in the hunt for lebron, although he prob stays with heat.

GeronimoSon
07-04-2014, 09:50 AM
There is no "free lunch" in a Luol Deng/Jamaal Crawford sign and trade.. The available cap space.. whatever it's used for has a value. The acquisition of a player like Crawford (won't even discuss Barnes) adds a player who has made it clear.. he wants a BIG payday.. not when his contract is up in one year plus a team option.. NOW. The reality of the situation is that a player at his age.. has much less of a chance to be that senior mentor to the kids on the Cavs roster than he will be a cancer in the locker room.. Crawford has ALWAYS been about himself, his numbers and his money.. He's not the kind of "team first" addition that the Cavs need or want..

There is discussion about not paying a max deal to Gordon Hayward.. as he's not worth the money. One thing Hayward is that would be beneficial is he is a team first guy..

In order to facilitate a deal for the mutual benefit of both clubs.. The Clippers need to provide something that makes the Cavs better.. Barnes/Crawford/Picks.. etc.. don't do that.. not at the expense of eliminating cap space. It may not be readily apparent, but, getting a minutes hog/me first shooting guard who wants a BIG PAYDAY first along with a piece of garbage in place of cap space..is a bad deal.. Getting nothing or nobody and keeping the cap space is a better deal..

IndiansFan337
07-04-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't see the Cavs having a lot of interest in the Clipps' tradeable players. Since LAC is over the cap we couldn't trade them Deng for a trade exception and draft pick, they would have to exchange similar salaries. Therefore, I don't see this happening even though Deng may want to get S&T there so he can earn more than the MLE.