PDA

View Full Version : OKC frontrunners for Gasol; Spurs, Bulls also in the mix.

xnick5757
07-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 1h
RT @ramonashelburne: In a surprising twist, OKC has come on strong with Pau Gasol, and described as a "frontrunner" for the Spaniard.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 7m
Pau Gasol Addendum No. 1: Sources say Bulls' rising interest in Pau IS indeed reflection of concern they can't convince Melo to leave NYK

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 5m
Pau Gasol Addendum No. 2: Hearing Pau, as with OKC, indeed giving legit consideration to San Antonio if he looks at places where $ is scarce

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Damn they would be so good if they get him.

JordansBulls
07-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Bulls should go for Gasol no matter if Melo comes or not.

Squad13
07-02-2014, 08:17 PM
I hope he does it. I'm a Laker fan and would like to see him on that team. Such a perfect fit and I love KD and Westy.

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 08:18 PM
I hope he does it. I'm a Laker fan and would like to see him on that team. Such a perfect fit and I love KD and Westy.

In my miind he'd put them over the top, he is a 10 and 10 guy still at worst and is that guy they have been missing scoring in the paint.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Another star teaming up somewhere? :rolleyes:

Squad13
07-02-2014, 08:22 PM
The bulls aren't winning without Rose and it's to the point where you've got to assume he's not going to last a season ( I hope he doesn't get injured again) Gasol on OKC makes them the favorites. Gasol to the bulls makes them a top 3 team in the east.

Squad13
07-02-2014, 08:24 PM
In my miind he'd put them over the top, he is a 10 and 10 guy still at worst and is that guy they have been missing scoring in the paint.

Agreed. He's such a perfect fit on multiple levels.

kdspurman
07-02-2014, 08:27 PM
The Serge Ibaka effect. He would give them that post player they need. Would be interested to see how he fits in their current offense. They don't run a lot of stuff, and he is a guy that needs to be utilized

beasted86
07-02-2014, 08:28 PM
For the $5.3M mid-level? That would be a bargain.

Even if they amnesty Perkins, that's all they will have.

Stunner
07-02-2014, 08:29 PM
I think he's ending up in Chicago in a sign and trade for Booz and a pick

Avenged
07-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Disgusting. Hate the Thunder. Please no!

Squad13
07-02-2014, 08:34 PM

Agreed. He's such a perfect fit on multiple levels.

Squad13
07-02-2014, 08:35 PM
3.5 is all they have? If true... it's not going to happen.

3ballbomber
07-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Would be interested to see how he fits in their current offense. They don't run a lot of stuff, and he is a guy that needs to be utilized
why he would fit better in San An & even the Bulls. Watch out if Spurs nab him, that would be a huge acquisition to sign another playoff battle tested veteran. His a great passing big man. But he fits into a team where he is part of system like the triangle offense. Dan Antoni system did not work well for him.

Crunch Time
07-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Another star teaming up somewhere? :rolleyes:

A star? Pau? You kidding me?

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 09:27 PM
A star? Pau? You kidding me?

Hopefully he was being sarcastic.

LA_Raiders
07-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Lol, only for a S&T unless he signs for 5m.

Gasol for westbrick and Nash expiring

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Lol, only for a S&T unless he signs for 5m.

Gasol for westbrick and Nash expiring

sounds fair to me:drunk:

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 09:41 PM
sounds fair to me:drunk:

LOL :laugh:

Lakers + Giants
07-02-2014, 09:46 PM
I've been saying it all year, play alongside a defensive big and Pau will thrive. I specifically said next to Duncan or ibaka. I hope this happens, go Pau go! Wish him the best of luck.

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Pau deserves to chase a title, he has earned it.

Mell413
07-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Pau deserves to chase a title, he has earned it.

He has two titles already. I think Pau would be a great fit in either spot. He's still an effective scorer and passer.

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 10:17 PM
He has a title already.

I mean another one, Mell.

AIRMAR72
07-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Bulls should go for Gasol no matter if Melo comes or not.yup Gasol would be the perfect piece for DaBulls also the Heat since Bron is leaving the Hawks and Bobcats pau will make impact for those franchise

jerellh528
07-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Damn that makes Okc crazy good. An elite scoring option in the post who passes better than almost any other big, scoring and passing it out to two elite scoring options on the perimeter, with ibaka being an elite defender to cover any pau shortcomings on that end? Championship. The good thing about pau also is he's a perfect complimentary piece at this age and I highly doubt would ruin any chemistry problems. He'd also be a veteran locker room presence with championship experience now that fish is gone.

RaiderLakersA's
07-02-2014, 11:46 PM
If the Lakers were in a position to be competitive this season, I would hate Pau leaving. But if we aren't going to do crap this year, let him go to OKC on a one year deal. Or even to the Warriors.

beliges
07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Pau I'd the very type of player OKC needs. They have literally nobody to facilitate that offense and outside of Durant and Westbrook nobody on that team can score consistently. With Pau there theyes can run the offense through him and possibly enjoy championship success with Durant that way. Lakers would be dumb to let him go anywhere.

jerellh528
07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Heard both durant and westy made an in person visit to lure pau. I'm sure pau is loving this after all the crap la has given him over the last 3 yrs.
http://m.click2houston.com/sports/Thunder-make-push-for-Gasol/26773482

beliges
07-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Heard both durant and westy made an in person visit to lure pau. I'm sure pau is loving this after all the crap la has given him over the last 3 yrs.
http://m.click2houston.com/sports/Thunder-make-push-for-Gasol/26773482

Pau has been a complete disappointment for the Lakers the last few season so he deserved a lot of the crap. However, the well Dantoni treated him was completely uncalled for. Lakers need to keep Pau in LA. They have already missed out in the big free agents they should have acquired. Things are looking very very sad in LA these days with little hope of good news.

Crackadalic
07-03-2014, 12:32 PM
But according to PSD Pau Gasol is old and wash up

hugepatsfan
07-03-2014, 12:44 PM
But according to PSD Pau Gasol is old and wash up

I know what you're getting at - people said he sucks when the Knicks wanted him and now he'd be a great addition. Well, on the Knicks he'd be their 2nd best player and is being marketed as part of the plan to keep Melo. In OKC, he's a complimentary piece. He is old and declining (not washed up) so in the context of what the Knicks are bringing him in for he's no longer that guy. OKC is bringing him in for a role that is commensurate for who he is as a player now. That's why the perception is different about him for the two different teams.

Crackadalic
07-03-2014, 01:36 PM
I know what you're getting at - people said he sucks when the Knicks wanted him and now he'd be a great addition. Well, on the Knicks he'd be their 2nd best player and is being marketed as part of the plan to keep Melo. In OKC, he's a complimentary piece. He is old and declining (not washed up) so in the context of what the Knicks are bringing him in for he's no longer that guy. OKC is bringing him in for a role that is commensurate for who he is as a player now. That's why the perception is different about him for the two different teams.

I have no problem with that reasoning and I agree just find it funny on one team he's trash and on another he's a great addition

torocan
07-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Lord help us all if Pops gets hold of Gasol.

Between minutes rotation and their heavy passing, I can see Gasol playing at peak form by the time they hit the play offs.

I already think the Spurs are the favorite to come out of the West, and the favorite if they get out of the West. If they add Gasol, watch out...

Aust
07-03-2014, 03:26 PM
I think he's ending up in Chicago in a sign and trade for Booz and a pick

Give us more than your pile of **** and a late pick please.

Stunner
07-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Give us more than your pile of **** and a late pick please.

We don't have to give y'all anything actually

Aust
07-03-2014, 05:11 PM

Then just amnesty him. Don't bother mentioning him to us. Bulls fans have mentioned Gasol-Boozer for years. We don't want your trash.

Stunner
07-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Then just amnesty him. Don't bother mentioning him to us. Bulls fans have mentioned Gasol-Boozer for years. We don't want your trash.

I disagree it's been reported y'all might look at him once released but whatever . A pick and a player for somebody not coming back I don't see how you can complain .

Aust
07-03-2014, 05:20 PM
I disagree it's been reported y'all might look at him once released but whatever . A pick and a player for somebody not coming back I don't see how you can complain .

Well, sure, once released I guess. For reasonable money, not 16.8m or w/e it is.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 06:28 PM
I don't think he can go wrong with any of those options.

Aust
07-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I can't see him going there for 5m or w/e it is when I think other teams could offer him around double that. S&T is an option though.

Max.This
07-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Then why the ******* would the knicks help the bullls owner swallow that contract and help him avoid paying it when we get nothing out of it. Boozer is garbage which is why they cant even give him away. Its really on melo to see how much he really wants in salary. If he wants 20 mil then you'll have to arrange a sign n trade or trade taj gibson somewhere without taking any money back

Stunner
07-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Then why the ******* would the knicks help the bullls owner swallow that contract and help him avoid paying it when we get nothing out of it. Boozer is garbage which is why they cant even give him away. Its really on melo to see how much he really wants in salary. If he wants 20 mil then you'll have to arrange a sign n trade or trade taj gibson somewhere without taking any money back

What are you talking about ?

IversonIsKrazy
07-03-2014, 08:15 PM
OKC would benefit the most. Spurs already share big mins amongst Diaw/Duncan/Splitter, adding Gasol would lessen each person's mins. BUt I feel Spurs might want to get him just so OKC doesn't lol.