PDA

View Full Version : Rockets put up Melo billboard wearing Lin's number

shep33
07-02-2014, 03:00 PM
https://twitter.com/KPRCLocal2/statuses/484361504196526080

That's cold lol

Still understandable. Rox and Sixers talking trade for Lin.

Aust
07-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Very classy Houston.

After Chicago I think the Rockets would be the next best fit.

jaydubb
07-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Dwight Howard got on a billboard once too. :nod:

Aust
07-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Dwight Howard got on a billboard once too. :nod:

Was he wearing Asik's number lol I'm kidding

jaydubb
07-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Was he wearing Asik's number lol I'm kidding
No. He was wearing the same number he's wearing now, just a different color jersey. ;)

I wonder what Jeremy Lin thinks of all this. Haha

JNA17
07-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Rockets are playing a very dangerous game.

They don't even have the cap space for Melo and they won't until they get rid of Lin.

They also today tried to promise him a big 4 with him, Howard, Harden, AND Parsons even though that is impossible. The only way they could sign Melo outright is if Lin is gone and no team is going to help the Rockets out in their quest for that big 4. And the only way the Knicks would help out is if Parsons comes in the deal.

If the Rockets don't get Melo, then trading Asik for nothing, disrespecting Lin with that photoshop of Melo in an Rockets jersey with lin's number, rumors of Parsons potentially signing with other teams for big deals unless they match, will be potentially team chemistry killing.

This FA will either make the Rockets or potentially destroy them for years to come. I admit though, Their GM has got balls.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2014, 03:17 PM
:laugh2: Poor Lin. First NY, now HOU.

rockets-fan
07-02-2014, 03:24 PM

They don't even have the cap space for Melo and they won't until they get rid of Lin.

They also today tried to promise him a big 4 with him, Howard, Harden, AND Parsons even though that is impossible. The only way they could sign Melo outright is if Lin is gone and no team is going to help the Rockets out in their quest for that big 4. And the only way the Knicks would help out is if Parsons comes in the deal.

If the Rockets don't get Melo, then trading Asik for nothing, disrespecting Lin with that photoshop of Melo in an Rockets jersey with lin's number, rumors of Parsons potentially signing with other teams for big deals unless they match, will be potentially team chemistry killing.

This FA will either make the Rockets or potentially destroy them for years to come. I admit though, Their GM has got balls.

I'd agree with you completely, if there wasn't a report about the Rockets having a deal lines up if Anthony agreed. I think morey already has a move to clear cap space for melo, and they will match any offer thrown to parsons IMO other than a max which he should not get.

I'm not a fan of melo on the rockets but it is exciting to see the front office doing whatever it takes to put a championship team together.

jerellh528
07-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Lin sucks, who cares? That is pretty poor on Houston's part though lol. But I would trade 50 lins for 1 melo.

Tony_Starks
07-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Jeremy Lin: Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them Twitter
Jeremy Lin

Really Lin? I respect the fact that he's a spiritual man but come on bruh..... He's not some victim being persecuted, he milked Linsanity into the payday of his life!

JNA17
07-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I'd agree with you completely, if there wasn't a report about the Rockets having a deal lines up if Anthony agreed. I think morey already has a move to clear cap space for melo, and they will match any offer thrown to parsons IMO other than a max which he should not get.

I'm not a fan of melo on the rockets but it is exciting to see the front office doing whatever it takes to put a championship team together.

I'm curious what those "deals that are lined up" exactly are? I find it hard to believe teams would line up to grab Lin just so the Rockets can get Melo.

colinskik
07-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Who cares? This is not news. I don't Lin is insulted by the photoshopped image as much as he should be with the news that they have a deal to ship him off already. That's dirty. No need for the FO to announce this unless they intend to do it.

JNA17
07-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Who cares? This is not news. I don't Lin is insulted by the photoshopped image as much as he should be with the news that they have a deal to ship him off already. That's dirty. No need for the FO to announce this unless they intend to do it.

If the Rockets actually have a deal in place for Lin, why don't they just do it already? What's the hold up? The Rockets already got rid of Asik and he's better than Lin. Even if the Rockets strike out with Melo (which would be a heart breaker), at least getting rid of Lin won't hurt them much like getting rid of Asik would.

alexander_37
07-02-2014, 03:38 PM

They got a 1st round pick for asik?

rockets-fan
07-02-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm curious what those "deals that are lined up" exactly are? I find it hard to believe teams would line up to grab Lin just so the Rockets can get Melo.

Maybe teams in the easy that don't want him in a bulls uniform? Philly comes to mind, and they have been in talks today about Lin.

tr3ymill3r
07-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Oh how everyone is quick to forget that shortly after Lin signed his contract with Houston that he let it be known that he would have preferred to have staying in New York. This is a business, you don't get to the top of the mountain without stepping on a few toes.

JNA17
07-02-2014, 03:44 PM
They got a 1st round pick for asik?

A protected first round pick that will likely go back to the Pelicans, big difference lol.

rockets-fan
07-02-2014, 03:47 PM
A protected first round pick that will likely go back to the Pelicans, big difference lol.

For it to go back to them they would have to get picks 1-3 or make the playoffs.... Neither is likely

And I could be wrong but I think that's how it worked out.

JNA17
07-02-2014, 04:16 PM
For it to go back to them they would have to get picks 1-3 or make the playoffs.... Neither is likely

And I could be wrong but I think that's how it worked out.

Yeah I think it was 4-19 to Rockets or else it goes back to Pelicans.

With Davis only getting better, now with Asik at PF, and an overall solid team, I don't see how they can't make at least the 8th seed.

naps
07-02-2014, 04:25 PM
So Melo plays PF permanently if they retain Parsons as well?

RLundi
07-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Do what ya gotta do I guess...

Htownballa1622
07-02-2014, 04:52 PM

That's not impossible at all.

The rox have already planned for that. It appears they have a deal for lin just in case.

PC
07-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Melo prob wears 15 for Houston anyway

numba1CHANGsta
07-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Wow thats pretty cold Hou, highly doubt Melo goes to an unclassy organization, so Hou is checked off Lol

He will end up in Chi or NY, LA still have a shot depending what they do between now and tomorrow when they meet

Htownballa1622
07-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Wow thats pretty cold Hou, highly doubt Melo goes to an unclassy organization, so Hou is checked off Lol

He will end up in Chi or NY, LA still have a shot depending what they do between now and tomorrow when they meet

"Unclassy." Haha

Tony_Starks
07-02-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm by no means a Lin fan but damn Morey! Isn't this the guy you once heralded as a allstar pg in the making? It's one thing to trade him but do you really have disrespect the kid on the way out on the CHANCE you might get Melo? What does that tell other potential FA's about your organization?

JNA17
07-02-2014, 05:25 PM
The rox have already planned for that. It appears they have a deal for lin just in case.

I won't believe that until I actually see it happen. If that were true, the Rockets have no reason to hold up on it and not do the deal now. Rockets are better off not having Lin's contract even if Melo doesn't sign with them so what's the wait for?

Htownballa1622
07-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I won't believe that until I actually see it happen. If that were true, the Rockets have no reason to hold up on it and not do the deal now. Rockets are better off not having Lin's contract even if Melo doesn't sign with them so what's the wait for?

They've made it clear that if they struck out on any big f.a. that they intended to keep lin.

Not that hard too grasp :shrug:

Asik's better
07-02-2014, 05:34 PM
God some reactions people are giving is so dumb and over the top. If Jeremy Lin is honestly affected by this then he is too mentally weak to play in the NBA.

Htownballa1622
07-02-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm by no means a Lin fan but damn Morey! Isn't this the guy you once heralded as a allstar pg in the making? It's one thing to trade him but do you really have disrespect the kid on the way out on the CHANCE you might get Melo? What does that tell other potential FA's about your organization?

Tells them we're serious about fielding the best team possible for us and it's a business.

It got Dwight here last year while Beverly had #12. Not sure why it's a big deal this year...

oh wait... i know why. :rolleyes:

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Tells them we're serious about fielding the best team possible for us and it's a business.

It got Dwight here last year while Beverly had #12. Not sure why it's a big deal this year...

oh wait... i know why. :rolleyes:

Man you guys would be dangerous With Melo, that would be a sick core, Harden, Howard, Melo and Parsons. Beast mode

Question for Rockets fan, who do you think would take the game winner Melo or Harden? #Goodproblems2Have

meloman1592
07-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Lol Lin. He's making 15 mil next season. If someone is gonna pay me that they can photoshop me naked and put it on a newspaper. Grow up little Jeremy

Htownballa1622
07-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Man you guys would be dangerous With Melo, that would be a sick core, Harden, Howard, Melo and Parsons. Beast mode

Question for Rockets fan, who do you think would take the game winner Melo or Harden? #Goodproblems2Have

Yeah it'd def be good to have. I can't even think about it yet because it's kinda surreal. 2 years ago our best players were Scola and Kevin martin.

I'd probably think melo gets shot off of harden pass? Idk lol.

Hopefully we'll see :)

Saddletramp
07-02-2014, 05:57 PM

With Davis only getting better, now with Asik at PF, and an overall solid team, I don't see how they can't make at least the 8th seed.

An 8th spot finish would still fall within the 4-19 range.

Oh, and apparently the Rockets told Lin about this before they put it out.

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah it'd def be good to have. I can't even think about it yet because it's kinda surreal. 2 years ago our best players were Scola and Kevin martin.

I'd probably think melo gets shot off of harden pass? Idk lol.

Hopefully we'll see :)

Man you wouldn't be able to double anyone on the rockets if that happens because everyone is a weapon. I think you need Beverly in the starting line up for defense but if you could get a pg that can stretch the floor, watch out.

Tony_Starks
07-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Kinda sad to see Lin go. Watching him and Harden attempt to play defense together was sheer, unadulterated comedy.

At least by now most people should have figured out his role is decent backup and use him accordingly.

tr3ymill3r
07-02-2014, 06:14 PM
I think Jeremy is upset because he knows this is his last year in the NBA.

Blitzace137
07-02-2014, 06:18 PM
I think Jeremy is upset because he knows this is his last year in the NBA.

Why?.... Ignorant response coming in 3,2,1.

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Lin has to be traded now regardless.

Saddletramp
07-02-2014, 06:22 PM
He won't get another 3/$25 again but he's a serviceable NBA player. Might even start on some of the weaker teams. Hey, next year he could start for Miami on a team friendly deal (depending on who they sign this year).

rockets-fan
07-02-2014, 06:40 PM

If day whoever had the hot hand haha if both do, this is Hardens team!

ThuglifeJ
07-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Houston is so sad and desperate. They need melo tho or first round bump again

Tony_Starks
07-02-2014, 06:54 PM

Even with Melo they probably get bumped. The West is way too sick, if I was Melo I'd steer clear. Stay in that pathetic conference, team up with Rose and Noah, and just gear up for the Heat.

Why go where you have to worry about 8 different teams as opposed to just one?

ThuglifeJ
07-02-2014, 06:57 PM

Even with Melo they probably get bumped. The West is way too sick, if I was Melo I'd steer clear. Stay in that pathetic conference, team up with Rose and Noah, and just gear up for the Heat.

10 teams imo. Memphis Suns scare me more than Houston currently actually

mjt20mik
07-02-2014, 06:58 PM

This

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 07:00 PM
If day whoever had the hot hand haha if both do, this is Hardens team!

What I like about Melo at the end of the game is his mid range game and his ability to post up smaller players or go by bigger, this will definitely be a sick team with Melo, my only concern for you guys would be defense and how do you keep Howard happy, cus with Melo and Harden he may not get as many shots as he would like.

Htownballa1622
07-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Man you wouldn't be able to double anyone on the rockets if that happens because everyone is a weapon. I think you need Beverly in the starting line up for defense but if you could get a pg that can stretch the floor, watch out.

Yeah I most def agree with that. We would need someone who can at least play some tough D besides Howard.

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 10:55 PM
I love the ballsy move by the Rockets.

Kashmir13579
07-02-2014, 11:09 PM
What I like about Melo at the end of the game is his mid range game and his ability to post up smaller players or go by bigger, Someone hasn't seen Melo in late game situations over the last 3 years... he's like 0-19..

Chrisclover
07-02-2014, 11:12 PM
what is the point?linsanity 's jersey is something for melo to be proud of?

lamzoka
07-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Crazy how Rockets got rid of Lowry and Dragic for Lin.. .They were trying to raped the Knicks, and it backfire.

Kashmir13579
07-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Crazy how Rockets got rid of Lowry and Dragic for Lin.. .They were trying to raped the Knicks, and it backfire. and we still lost Lin... ****ing Morey...

rockets-fan
07-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Crazy how Rockets got rid of Lowry and Dragic for Lin.. .They were trying to raped the Knicks, and it backfire.

How is getting rid of Dragic and Lowry trying to rape the Knicks???

Lowry had problems withy the coach so he had to leave, and Dragic wanted and extra year( which we should've gave him) but morey wanted flexibility...

SPURSFAN1
07-03-2014, 12:36 AM
It is the rockets. Classless.

Pakman
07-03-2014, 12:39 AM
This x10

goku
07-03-2014, 12:39 AM

if they can stay healthy which haven't been seen

rockets-fan
07-03-2014, 12:43 AM

I wouldn't say classless. They are a first class organization.

I'd rather say disloyal....that's the world your looking for. Rockets sad to say, are very disloyal under morey

goku
07-03-2014, 12:45 AM
NBA is a business I don't know why people act like its shocking we all knew lin was getting traded regardless if the Rockets sign melo or not Lin should have felt disrespected when Lin got cut the first time he came back when Morey offered that poison pill contract

SPURSFAN1
07-03-2014, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't say classless. They are a first class organization.

I'd rather say disloyal....that's the world your looking for. Rockets sad to say, are very disloyal under morey

Didn't even inform Lin. :facepalm:

Sactown
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Who cares honestly, I guarantee Lin knows there's a deal in place to move him if they get a max type player to sign... Lin knows there's a good chance he's not in a rockets jersey next year and the idea of Melo wearing that number isn't that surprising either... Houston doesn't owe Lin anything more than the contract he signed

SPURSFAN1
07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Who cares honestly, I guarantee Lin knows there's a deal in place to move him if they get a max type player to sign... Lin knows there's a good chance he's not in a rockets jersey next year and the idea of Melo wearing that number isn't that surprising either... Houston doesn't owe Lin anything more than the contract he signed

It's this way of thinking that is harmful for an organization. They are people first and athletes seconds.

goku
07-03-2014, 12:53 AM

agreed he getting 15 mil that he most likely wont live up to Asik on the other hand will

AIRMAR72
07-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Very classy Houston.

After Chicago I think the Rockets would be the next best fit.you talking MADNESS if Carmello Athony goes to Houston it WILL completely destroy the TEAM chemistry Melo style wont fit with James Harden and Howard will. QUIT Playing once melo start firing away

Sactown
07-03-2014, 01:04 AM
It's this way of thinking that is harmful for an organization. They are people first and athletes seconds.

No it's not, the Rockets offered Lin a large contract and allowed him to play through most of it, they have always spoken highly of him and allowed him the opportunity to play a significant role for their franchise... Doing something millions of kids envy for every day... They informed him he could potentially be moved if they needed the cap space... Posting a fake picture of another player in his jersey doesn't take back all the good they've done...

lamzoka
07-03-2014, 01:13 AM

I think Lin and Rockets are heading to a divorce regardless of Melo's decision. Lin won't be a Rocket next season

SPURSFAN1
07-03-2014, 01:18 AM
No it's not, the Rockets offered Lin a large contract and allowed him to play through most of it, they have always spoken highly of him and allowed him the opportunity to play a significant role for their franchise... Doing something millions of kids envy for every day... They informed him he could potentially be moved if they needed the cap space... Posting a fake picture of another player in his jersey doesn't take back all the good they've done...

You act like Lin was a nobody before he came to houston. He would have been bigger in NY. The only thing Houston offered him was more money. That's the rockets problem not Lins. Keep treating players bad and it'll come full circle.

Sactown
07-03-2014, 01:21 AM
You act like Lin was a nobody before he came to houston. He would have been bigger in NY. The only thing Houston offered him was more money. That's the rockets problem not Lins. Keep treating players bad and it'll come full circle.

Dude nobody forced Lin to sign with Houston, and he isn't being treated that poorly, if this was the regular season I would tend to agree with you but this isn't and I'm sure Lin has been informed he will most likely be dealt ... If this is the worst thing the rockets do to their players than they're a class act in my book... Teams have treated players so much worse than this

SPURSFAN1
07-03-2014, 01:27 AM
Dude nobody forced Lin to sign with Houston, and he isn't being treated that poorly, if this was the regular season I would tend to agree with you but this isn't and I'm sure Lin has been informed he will most likely be dealt ... If this is the worst thing the rockets do to their players than they're a class act in my book... Teams have treated players so much worse than this

Nobody forced Houston to give him that contract. They acted first. I could find more things about how houston mistreated other players in their recent past, but I'm not though. Waste of time.

rocketfuel
07-03-2014, 01:48 AM
It's got to be a mistake/ over sight.... if it was intentional, then it's not a classy thing to do. It's not just popping champagne when you recruit players, it's also being a classy organization in all dealings with players.

Asik's better
07-03-2014, 03:04 AM
What a suprise that the guy who bashes houston a lot has a problem with this. Go away troll.

cg_la00
07-03-2014, 03:14 AM
i dont understand how any team would help the rockets by taking lin's and asik's stupid contracts

Blitzace137
07-03-2014, 03:17 AM

Agreed it was classless imo, Would Melo or any other FA really feel slighted if there jersey number was 00 in the Photoshop? Would Howard not have signed with the Rockets if his jersey didn't read 12 when he was being recruited by Houston? It's a slap in the players face, unless it's a rookie or a minimum level contract player. I understand what Morey is trying to do but it sends a bad message to your players as well as incoming players imo.

Blitzace137
07-03-2014, 03:23 AM
i dont understand how any team would help the rockets by taking lin's and asik's stupid contracts

no one is helping them, clearly the Pelicans viewed Asik as a valuable piece to pair up with the brow and Lin could be a cap filler for a team like the Sixers, not to mention they would be getting a first round pick attached with Lin. Lin also would increase their revenue because of his market value. Lin and Asik are expiring's as well.

AsiandudePH
07-03-2014, 03:23 AM
D*ck move. But I guess they had to do what they have to do to lure him in.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2014, 03:37 AM
I have to say, Morey is a ****ing tool. Why couldnt he just use Another Number for Melo?
Morey is the kind of person who will use you until he no longer needs you. He has no loyalty at all.
Melo shouldnt sign in Houston, cus let's face it, if Houston can get Lebron, he'll take LEbron and be like " sorry Melo, we got someone better!" I feel horrible for Lin, Free Agents should see how the Rockets Organization treats their players when their need becomes diminished. Just flat out horrible.

I hope Melo goes to the lakers or Chicago. Lebron should go to Dallas.

smith&wesson
07-03-2014, 03:40 AM
after every one sees Beverly, Harden, Anthony, Jones, Howard on the court no one will remember Lin, or care about how he feels. That's how the Rockets are and should be thinking about it. Lin isn't worth a 3rd of his contract.

rocketfuel
07-03-2014, 03:55 AM
Just read Morey's comments on the matter and I think it was a classless move. It subconsciously sends the wrong message. Yeah, Carmelo sees his jersey, but then after watching the news, he might think subconsciously Morey will be loyal to you as long as you're useful to him. There are some GMs that are actually pretty loyal and supportive of their players.....I don't like this at all. Just put a blank number. You don't disrespect your current players in trying to woo your incoming players. At least talk to your current players Lin, Beverly, Scola before doing that so they're not blindsided in the news and have to answer questions oh you're owner just put your number with another player.

Blitzace137
07-03-2014, 03:57 AM
after every one sees Beverly, Harden, Anthony, Jones, Howard on the court no one will remember Lin, or care about how he feels. That's how the Rockets are and should be thinking about it. Lin isn't worth a 3rd of his contract.

And what happens when Melo doesn't sign with them? It's a classless move theirs no way around it, sends a bad message to your players and incoming players as I mentioned in a previous post.

Asik's better
07-03-2014, 03:58 AM
Agreed it was classless imo, Would Melo or any other FA really feel slighted if there jersey number was 00 in the Photoshop? Would Howard not have signed with the Rockets if his jersey didn't read 12 when he was being recruited by Houston? It's a slap in the players face, unless it's a rookie or a minimum level contract player. I understand what Morey is trying to do but it sends a bad message to your players as well as incoming players imo.

I have to say, Morey is a ****ing tool. Why couldnt he just use Another Number for Melo?
Morey is the kind of person who will use you until he no longer needs you. He has no loyalty at all.
Melo shouldnt sign in Houston, cus let's face it, if Houston can get Lebron, he'll take LEbron and be like " sorry Melo, we got someone better!" I feel horrible for Lin, Free Agents should see how the Rockets Organization treats their players when their need becomes diminished. Just flat out horrible.

I hope Melo goes to the lakers or Chicago. Lebron should go to Dallas.
God it's frustrating reading some the crap on here.
1. It's the number Melo wears at New York. Just like when they did it with Dwight and bosh. Why is it only with Lin that people start giving a crap?
2. It's a ****ing number, who gives a ****. Honestly if Lin feels disrespected by this then he is a prima donna and a baby.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2014, 04:06 AM
1. It's the number Melo wears at New York. Just like when they did it with Dwight and bosh. Why is it only with Lin that people start giving a crap?
2. It's a ****ing number, who gives a ****. Honestly if Lin feels disrespected by this then he is a prima donna and a baby.

you said the same argument twice. It's disrespectful and read this person's post because they know what they're talking about:

Just read Morey's comments on the matter and I think it was a classless move. It subconsciously sends the wrong message. Yeah, Carmelo sees his jersey, but then after watching the news, he might think subconsciously Morey will be loyal to you as long as you're useful to him. There are some GMs that are actually pretty loyal and supportive of their players.....I don't like this at all. Just put a blank number. You don't disrespect your current players in trying to woo your incoming players. At least talk to your current players Lin, Beverly, Scola before doing that so they're not blindsided in the news and have to answer questions oh you're owner just put your number with another player.

Blitzace137
07-03-2014, 04:10 AM

Classless, Beverley was a player that was getting paid a minimum level contract still trying to prove himself, not the same situation, Scola/Bosh situation, same as Lin, Classless, doesn't change anything, whether it's Lin or Scola.

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 04:17 AM
Wow! I hadn't thought about that but you're right. Although I don't think its all Lin's fault. He's not suited for the type of offense they run in Houston. He thrives in a system where they run and play a lot of pick and roll.

Blitzace137
07-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Wow! I hadn't thought about that but you're right. Although I don't think its all Lin's fault. He's not suited for the type of offense they run in Houston. He thrives in a system where they run and play a lot of pick and roll.

Lin and Harden was a bad pairing from the start, I'm sure The Rockets would not have gone after Lin if they traded for Harden before signing Lin.

rocketfuel
07-03-2014, 04:24 AM
So, if a player's status is lower on your team, you can treat them this way? I couldn't believe it when I read that Morey defended his position by stating that he did this to Beverly and Scola. It reminds of the kissup businessman that whispers sweet nothings into the big client's ear but than yells at his underlings.

Asik's better
07-03-2014, 04:28 AM
you said the same argument twice. It's disrespectful and read this person's post because they know what they're talking about:
No it isn't and no they don't.

Classless, Beverley was a player that was getting paid a minimum level contract still trying to prove himself, not the same situation, Scola/Bosh situation, same as Lin, Classless, doesn't change anything, whether it's Lin or Scola.
This must be a cultural thing where Americans are over sensitive and pretend things like these matter.

amak316
07-03-2014, 04:48 AM
This organization has to be brain dead to disrespect a player like this who happens to be top 10 in the NBA in terms of popularity. They had to know this would bring awful press and what's the upside?

Will Melo be like "Chicago has Noah, Rose and Thibs, New York is home for me and I always dreamed of being a Knick legend, but man did you see that billboard in Houston?! Consider the scales tipped!!"

thenaj17
07-03-2014, 05:15 AM
https://twitter.com/KPRCLocal2/statuses/484361504196526080

That's cold lol

Still understandable. Rox and Sixers talking trade for Lin.

Don't even think it's that bad. It's not a clear sign of trading him (although it might be), they could just force Lin to change numbers. Who is Jeremy Lin to stop Carmelo getting his number?!

Sssmush
07-03-2014, 07:00 AM
LoL who actually thinks Carmelo is going to Houston? wtf Is Houston like a top destination now or something. They can't even offer a max deal.

this is hilarious to me, not just that they think they have a chance but also that they're actually using this free agent silliness to market their team.

Like can you imagine the Miami Heat putting up Kyle Lowry billboards in Miami right now, with Lowry wearing Chalmers number? And then Lowry signs tomorrow with Toronto and your entire franchise is like "DUUHHHHHHHHHH, we got Dwight Howard"

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
LoL who actually thinks Carmelo is going to Houston? wtf Is Houston like a top destination now or something. They can't even offer a max deal.

this is hilarious to me, not just that they think they have a chance but also that they're actually using this free agent silliness to market their team.

Like can you imagine the Miami Heat putting up Kyle Lowry billboards in Miami right now, with Lowry wearing Chalmers number? And then Lowry signs tomorrow with Toronto and your entire franchise is like "DUUHHHHHHHHHH, we got Dwight Howard"

Lol silly Houston. I don't think any big FA actually wants to go there.

jmaest
07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Here's my two cents on this topic...

It showed significant insensitivity on Houston's part. All you had to do was tell Lin you were doing it and then tell him that if in fact Carmelo does decide to come to Houston he's getting #7. Lin is not dumb. I'm sure he'd have been fine with it.

You almost have to trade Lin now--sign Melo or not. You just burned a bridge with the guy.

jmaest
07-03-2014, 09:56 AM

I don't agree. Houston is beautiful, it's cheap, good coach, good team. If they can make it work financially, it's a very attractive landing spot for any FA.

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Just like last year right?

I guess Melo wasn't interested. He just decided to waste a day in Houston instead of the other 25 or so other cities he could've been in. :rolleyes:

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 02:02 PM
I don't agree. Houston is beautiful, it's cheap, good coach, good team. If they can make it work financially, it's a very attractive landing spot for any FA.
I wouldn't go that far. I've been to Houston a million times and some of the surrounding cities are beautiful especially if you're the outdoor type however the city itself is a dump. I think players are attracted to the city though because of its culture. It has a great musical culture (especially in hip hop). Houston has a great nightlife and professional athletes love being around that scene. But to call Houston a beautiful city is a bit of a stretch.

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 02:11 PM

Good team good COACH?

I disagree

rockets-fan
07-03-2014, 02:19 PM
This organization has to be brain dead to disrespect a player like this who happens to be top 10 in the NBA in terms of popularity. They had to know this would bring awful press and what's the upside?

Will Melo be like "Chicago has Noah, Rose and Thibs, New York is home for me and I always dreamed of being a Knick legend, but man did you see that billboard in Houston?! Consider the scales tipped!!"

No just like you said , Chicago has Noah rose and thibs, he will think, Houston had Harden Howard and parsons... Use your logic just a little bit when you post before you look silly.

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2014, 02:21 PM
You guys are silly to think Melo will leave NY. He is in the prime of his career, he has never been a free agent, so he just wants to go through the process. He is being courted by teams and just wants to get an idea of what teams are willing to pay for him. He wants to see how much he is worth. He is enjoying having teams throw themselves at him, rolling out red carpets, putting him on electronic billboards, buying him lunch/dinner, etc.

He already knows he will be back in NY, he is simply just enjoying the process and loving it. Who wouldn't want teams flying them out, showing them the city and all that? Whether he takes less or gets the max, Melo will be a Knick next year.

rockets-fan
07-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Good team good COACH?

I disagree

Cause teams that aren't good get the fourth seed in the western conference right lol PSD logic at it's best

Oh and before you come back with, "but they were bounced out in the first round tho...." A bad team wouldn't even be in the playoffs in the west.

rockets-fan
07-03-2014, 02:25 PM
You guys are silly to think Melo will leave NY. He is in the prime of his career, he has never been a free agent, so he just wants to go through the process. He is being courted by teams and just wants to get an idea of what teams are willing to pay for him. He wants to see how much he is worth. He is enjoying having teams throw themselves at him, rolling out red carpets, putting him on electronic billboards, buying him lunch/dinner, etc.

He already knows he will be back in NY, he is simply just enjoying the process and loving it. Who wouldn't want teams flying them out, showing them the city and all that? Whether he takes less or gets the max, Melo will be a Knick next year.

This might be true, but if it is... Say bye to his chances at a championship. Sorry but NY stinks, and will stink for the next few years. And he is 30, you act as if he's 27. I'm not saying he's old but he is at his peak...he needs to win now I think he values that more than being a knick. Bulls or Houston.

Failure
07-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Rockets are classless and so is morey

he couldve went the high road and did what he did when he was recruiting Dwight (he didnt actually use a number, he just had dwight holding a basketball at that spot)

No #s used, but since Lin is out he decided to go the classless way AKA the Houston Rockets way

JNA17
07-03-2014, 02:29 PM

Oh boy...you are going to cry hard.

SPURSFAN1
07-03-2014, 02:30 PM
This might be true, but if it is... Say bye to his chances at a championship. Sorry but NY stinks, and will stink for the next few years. And he is 30, you act as if he's 27. I'm not saying he's old but he is at his peak...he needs to win now I think he values that more than being a knick. Bulls or Houston.

La La don't agree with you.

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2014, 02:30 PM

NY stinks? This season coming up, sure, that's most likely true. But how can you say we will stink for the next few years when we don't even know what our team will look like in 2015-2016. We will have so much cap space and if we are going to stink next year, we could get a nice draft pick, since we actually have one next year.

Yeah Melo is 30, he has about four years of good basketball in him, barring injury. But in the end, money > rings.

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Oh boy...you are going to cry hard.

Why am I going to cry hard? If Melo stays, I'm cool with that. If he leaves, I'm also cool with that and looking forward to rebuild. I'm a Knicks fan, not a Melo fan.

Failure
07-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Kevin Mchale is the same as my name. His predecessors have all been better than him.

Failure
07-03-2014, 02:32 PM
good luck to the cockets since they will have 2 star players who cant guard

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Kevin Mchale is the same as my name. His predecessors have all been better than him.
Lol

amak316
07-03-2014, 02:34 PM

No just like you said , Chicago has Noah rose and thibs, he will think, Houston had Harden Howard and parsons... Use your logic just a little bit when you post before you look silly.

Lol I could have written Harden and Howard, I'm not saying the billboard was the only draw Melo has to Houston, I'm just saying it was pointless. The billboard will never even effect his decision .0000001%. It will however drum up so much negative publicity when it is a slap in the face to a guy that the Rockets in all likelihood will be stuck with for 1 more year who just so happens to be the Asian American Jackie f'ing Robinson equivalent of the NBA (extremely exaggerated but you get the point).

Just was a complete PR fail by the Rockets in my opinion.

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 02:55 PM
good luck to the cockets since they will have 2 star players who cant guard

Good one.

Which dupe are u?

Your name is fitting.

Jamiecballer
07-03-2014, 02:58 PM
pretty classless Houston. i'm sure he could have imagined himself in a rockets jersey without the number on it so it's a weak argument.

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Ppl need tissues around here.

SPURSFAN1
07-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Ppl need tissues around here.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/jeremy_lin_patrick_beverley.jpg

FriedTofuz
07-03-2014, 03:18 PM
It's just Rocket fans defending their organization, but no one has explained any counter arguments to the matter.

Please tell me why the Rockets couldnt depict anthony in another number for his jersey? Why do they have to knock on their players and push them to the side for a Free agent who's considered very valuable?

Why is it okay for an organization to treat their players like garbage after they no longer have need for them?
A lot of people dont remember the contract details of the contract Lin got, but it was structured in such a way so the knicks couldnt afford to match by making one of the years 15 mil. So for all you haters saying Lin is overpaid, look at his total contract and divide that by the years. IF you think about it ( I think it was 25/3), a 6th man on a winning team who's made just over 8 mil Isnt that bad. He was starter material minus his poor defense.

TO all you aggressive rockets fans, please provide some counter argument instead of saying people are just sensitive *****es, there's a difference between disrespect and being sensitive. Try to have a little empathy and put your perspective in another person's shoes.

Honestly, it doesnt get talked a lot, but Parson is getting ***** treatment from the rockets organization. They have cap space, but instead of going to Parsons and giving him a contract, they're going to offer up big money to Melo, if thye cant get melo, then thye'll go after Lebron, if they cant get either, they'll then givem oney to parsons. There's no loyalty at all. Daryl Morey traded Lowry and then wants him back, theses are just a few other classless nerds.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2014, 03:21 PM
to Htownballer in particular, bruh instead of insulting other people please provide us with some counter arguments so we can understand your perspective, you're not contributing at all to this discussion by what you're doing. THank you.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Melo wouldnt even fit on the rockets, that's the funny part, Morey is just putting star name players together on a team and not even considering the fit lmfao. enjoy another 1st round exit, Houston.

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 03:44 PM
to Htownballer in particular, bruh instead of insulting other people please provide us with some counter arguments so we can understand your perspective, you're not contributing at all to this discussion by what you're doing. THank you.

First off its not that big of a story but because it's lin now it is?
Where were yall when Morey put dwight in a jersey with Beverly's number 12?

I get it. It's easy to target rockets now that they're somewhat relevant. Between butthurt laker fans and ppl that hate on harden for his bs, (which I understand at times) it gets old.

It's pretty common knowledge that the rockets would need to trade lin in order to make room for a marquee f.a. Lin knows this. Morey knows this. EVER ONE knows it.

That's why I feel everyone needs tissues around here.

Dee_Edge
07-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Jeremy Lin: Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them Twitter
Jeremy Lin

Really Lin? I respect the fact that he's a spiritual man but come on bruh..... He's not some victim being persecuted, he milked Linsanity into the payday of his life!

That tweet put Lin on my "Poop List"...Patrick Beverley wore #12, he didn't cry about the pitch to D12!

FriedTofuz
07-03-2014, 03:59 PM

I get it. It's easy to target rockets now that they're somewhat relevant. Between butthurt laker fans and ppl that hate on harden for his bs, (which I understand at times) it gets old.

It's pretty common knowledge that the rockets would need to trade lin in order to make room for a marquee f.a. Lin knows this. Morey knows this. EVER ONE knows it.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply with some substance this team.
If morey did do that to Beverly, it isnt excusable either. Even though Beverly was a nobody for quite some time, he's still not entitled to be treated that way. The rockets could easily just use another number.

Also, you're letting bias affect your mindset. Just because my sig and pic is kobe doesnt mean im a butthurt Laker fan. I was born in stockton cali and have lived most of my life in Toronto, I didnt thin you saw that coming?

It is common knowledge that Lin would have to be traded but regardless, it's been seen that Morey is constantly using people and throwing them to the side when he no longer needs them, It's a huge indication that FA should see about Houston. They treat their players like trash when someone potentially better is available. THerefore, it isnt excusable regardless if Lin would have to be on the trade market.

Morey is just putting together big names and not considering fit, melo wouldnt fit in Houston.

rockets-fan
07-03-2014, 04:06 PM
It's just Rocket fans defending their organization, but no one has explained any counter arguments to the matter.

Please tell me why the Rockets couldnt depict anthony in another number for his jersey? Why do they have to knock on their players and push them to the side for a Free agent who's considered very valuable?

Why is it okay for an organization to treat their players like garbage after they no longer have need for them?
A lot of people dont remember the contract details of the contract Lin got, but it was structured in such a way so the knicks couldnt afford to match by making one of the years 15 mil. So for all you haters saying Lin is overpaid, look at his total contract and divide that by the years. IF you think about it ( I think it was 25/3), a 6th man on a winning team who's made just over 8 mil Isnt that bad. He was starter material minus his poor defense.

TO all you aggressive rockets fans, please provide some counter argument instead of saying people are just sensitive *****es, there's a difference between disrespect and being sensitive. Try to have a little empathy and put your perspective in another person's shoes.

Honestly, it doesnt get talked a lot, but Parson is getting ***** treatment from the rockets organization. They have cap space, but instead of going to Parsons and giving him a contract, they're going to offer up big money to Melo, if thye cant get melo, then thye'll go after Lebron, if they cant get either, they'll then givem oney to parsons. There's no loyalty at all. Daryl Morey traded Lowry and then wants him back, theses are just a few other classless nerds.

Ok let me inform you why they aren't offering parsons anything right now, since you know very little about the situation...

If we offer him a contract now, he signs it and we are out of cap space. No melo, lebron, role players, etc.

By waiting, he just has a cap hold of like 1 million on our cap until we sign him. Then we can go ahead and sign a max player or other role players if we fail to get a Max, and have no cap space but still resign parsons because of his bird rights. Make sense? I'm not saying it in a condescending way I'm trying to be informative.

If we wait we can potentially have melo/lebron/role players AND parsons.

If we sign Parsons now, we have the same team as last year without Asik.

Did that clear up that part of your post?

And I agrees it was a classless MOVE, I disagree that the franchise is classless. He made a mistake, or on purpose maybe but I'm sure he wasn't thinking about it.

Failure
07-03-2014, 04:16 PM

Looks like you also fit my username. Fact: Dwight was not in a number 12 jersey. His picture had his jersey number covered by a ball.

Dumbo

hugepatsfan
07-03-2014, 04:17 PM
That tweet put Lin on my "Poop List"...Patrick Beverley wore #12, he didn't cry about the pitch to D12!

Signing Dwight Howard wasn't dependent on trading away Beverly the way signing Melo is with Lin. Beverly knew he was going to be with the team even if Howard signed. Lin knows he's gone if Melo signs. It's a business but part of business is showing respect to the people you're dealing with. The Rockets putting Lin's number on Melo is an example of NOT handling the business side of things with respect.

Failure
07-03-2014, 04:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrkesOLCAAA2bx_.jpg

Morey is a big fat liar. He lied about using Bev's number in the Fright Campaign

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Looks like you also fit my username. Fact: Dwight was not in a number 12 jersey. His picture had his jersey number covered by a ball.

Dumbo

K address bosh in scolas number 4 jersey then?

you're reaching. Troll

Failure
07-03-2014, 04:20 PM
K address bosh in scolas number 4 jersey then?

you're reaching. Troll

reaching? i guess you are a dumbass.

i refuted your point, thats all i did. you're the one thats grasping for straws by abandoning your initial point.

cry more cockets fans

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 04:22 PM
I appreciate you taking the time to reply with some substance this team.
If morey did do that to Beverly, it isnt excusable either. Even though Beverly was a nobody for quite some time, he's still not entitled to be treated that way. The rockets could easily just use another number.

Also, you're letting bias affect your mindset. Just because my sig and pic is kobe doesnt mean im a butthurt Laker fan. I was born in stockton cali and have lived most of my life in Toronto, I didnt thin you saw that coming?

It is common knowledge that Lin would have to be traded but regardless, it's been seen that Morey is constantly using people and throwing them to the side when he no longer needs them, It's a huge indication that FA should see about Houston. They treat their players like trash when someone potentially better is available. THerefore, it isnt excusable regardless if Lin would have to be on the trade market.

Morey is just putting together big names and not considering fit, melo wouldnt fit in Houston.

I get what you're saying. Morey is known to flip players like they are chips instead of humans. Unfortunately that's part of the business.

He's managed to rebuild our team without tanking or getting high picks. First acquire talent then worry about fit later imo.

Also, the laker comment wasn't to u. I think you're a raps fan cuz I've seen u post before.

I'm talking of CERTAIN laker fans mad about dwight.

Failure
07-03-2014, 04:23 PM
cockets gonna get ****ed in the first round anyways.

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 04:23 PM
reaching? i guess you are a dumbass.

i refuted your point, thats all i did. you're the one thats grasping for straws by abandoning your initial point.

cry more cockets fans

Ha. I'm dumb. Ok. Let us know when u use your real account on here troll.

No Rockets fans are crying. I can assure u that. :)

rockets-fan
07-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Htown, don't reply to "failure". Posting back for him is what gets him off. Just ignore him and let him post as much as he wants, don't let it effect you.

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Htown, don't reply to "failure". Posting back for him is what gets him off. Just ignore him and let him post as much as he wants, don't let it effect you.

All good :up:

Also @ friedt....

rockets-fan addressed what I was trying to b4 I became distracted.

Parsons hasn't been offered anything yet because we are trying to get another free agent then we can go over cap to retain our own guy.

if we signed parsons today, that'd eliminate any opportunities for other free agents.

Jamiecballer
07-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Signing Dwight Howard wasn't dependent on trading away Beverly the way signing Melo is with Lin. Beverly knew he was going to be with the team even if Howard signed. Lin knows he's gone if Melo signs. It's a business but part of business is showing respect to the people you're dealing with. The Rockets putting Lin's number on Melo is an example of NOT handling the business side of things with respect.

i agree. it's just lacks decency. nothing criminal here, just disrespectful.

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 04:50 PM
pretty classless Houston. i'm sure he could have imagined himself in a rockets jersey without the number on it so it's a weak argument.

This. The excuses are hilarious on here.

JEDean89
07-03-2014, 04:56 PM
why do people care? obviously he will get his number over lin if he comes to houston. there are a handful of guys who just don't ever have to worry about getting traded (unless they want to be of course) and lin is not one of them. 95% of players should know that at any given time their GM is trying to figure out how to upgrade their position. that is just the business of basketball and J-Lin has made a ton of money off doing nothing in HOU, so he shouldn't have anything to complain about.

Sly Guy
07-03-2014, 04:59 PM

I think this is the first post of yours I'm fully behind.

Tony_Starks
07-03-2014, 05:11 PM
These rockets ain't loyal.....

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 05:41 PM

Also @ friedt....

Parsons hasn't been offered anything yet because we are trying to get another free agent then we can go over cap to retain our own guy.

if we signed parsons today, that'd eliminate any opportunities for other free agents.

I have a feeling someone is going to overpay and offer Parsons a contract the Rockets won't be willing to match.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 06:00 PM
It looks like they may have pissed Jeremy off for nothing.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2014, 06:03 PM

Also @ friedt....

Thanks for the clarification, that makes more sense! But for some reason I also perceived the rockets to not be resigning parson either and just going after melo and lowry. That was also part of why I questioned the loyalty of Morey. and yes it is a business but it could be handle a lot more professionally than the way Morey does it.

rockets-fan
07-03-2014, 06:11 PM
It looks like they may have pissed Jeremy off for nothing.

I think they still trade him, use the cap space to sign decent role players and bench depth

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 06:42 PM
I have a feeling someone is going to overpay and offer Parsons a contract the Rockets won't be willing to match.

Oh yeah. If it's something crazy then we shall see what happens but I'm glad we at least have the option to match whatever. What they actually decide is their call.

Htownballa1622
07-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the clarification, that makes more sense! But for some reason I also perceived the rockets to not be resigning parson either and just going after melo and lowry. That was also part of why I questioned the loyalty of Morey. and yes it is a business but it could be handle a lot more professionally than the way Morey does it.

No prob. I see what u mean. Unfortunately it is very cold hearted but I won't question it for now since we went from teams being led by scola/Martin to Harden/ Howard within 2 years.

mrblisterdundee
07-03-2014, 07:01 PM

I think Jeremy Lin will have the last laugh. I just don't see Houston winning a championship with the defensive lunch meat of James Harden and Carmelo Anthony. Of course, Lin's even worse on defense.

rockets-fan
07-03-2014, 07:15 PM
I think Jeremy Lin will have the last laugh. I just don't see Houston winning a championship with the defensive lunch meat of James Harden and Carmelo Anthony. Of course, Lin's even worse on defense.

I think defense starts and ends with a coach, the minute the rockets hire a defensive minded coach, their defense will at least be good enough

mrblisterdundee
07-03-2014, 08:20 PM
I think defense starts and ends with a coach, the minute the rockets hire a defensive minded coach, their defense will at least be good enough

In that case, why bust your load on Anthony? The Rockets can already score, and I don't think Anthony could be any better defensively than Parsons. Get that defensive coach and spend your money on depth, similar to San Antonio.

Verbal Christ
07-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Ha! I couldn't get through all the pages without laughing. Same "I hate Houston" circlejerk with the same handful of trolls. Don't yall get tired of hating?

All this over a backup PG when compared to a premier talent in the game ... Really?

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 09:25 PM

I think Jeremy Lin will have the last laugh. I just don't see Houston winning a championship with the defensive lunch meat of James Harden and Carmelo Anthony. Of course, Lin's even worse on defense..
They might get to 7 games in the first round this time with melo but harden melo will get eaten up on defense. Would be a fun compilation of their defense tho! Lol

Tony_Starks
07-03-2014, 09:29 PM
They might get to 7 games in the first round this time with melo but harden melo will get eaten up on defense. Would be a fun compilation of their defense tho! Lol

Lol. A Shaqtin a Fool waiting to happen!

hugepatsfan
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Ha! I couldn't get through all the pages without laughing. Same "I hate Houston" circlejerk with the same handful of trolls. Don't yall get tired of hating?

All this over a backup PG when compared to a premier talent in the game ... Really?

No one is saying they should keep Lin over Melo. We're just commenting on the complete lack of respect they're showing Lin. I don't care how good a player is - they are all human beings and deserve to be treated with respect. Anyone who doesn't think this was disrespectful to Lin is ignorant. And anyone who doesn't care that it's disrespectful because Melo > Lin as a player has questionable morals.

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 09:45 PM

No one is saying they should keep Lin over Melo. We're just commenting on the complete lack of respect they're showing Lin. I don't care how good a player is - they are all human beings and deserve to be treated with respect. Anyone who doesn't think this was disrespectful to Lin is ignorant. And anyone who doesn't care that it's disrespectful because Melo > Lin as a player has questionable morals.

+1

Don't know y this even had to be explained tho. The word hater is getting mad overused and annoying

ThuglifeJ
07-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Houston tries hard to pretend to be in that elite franchise category . their arrogance shines more than ever here..

Saddletramp
07-03-2014, 10:08 PM
The word hater is getting mad overused and annoying

Says the #1 Rockets hater. Seriously, if anything Rockets related comes up, good ol' TLJ just has to rear his trolly head into the discussion. And you're the one that's annoyed? Stop trolling and you'd shed those "hater" and "troll" titles.

It was disrespectful but if Lin already knows he's gone no matter what then ehhh, whatever. At the end of the day, all players are asserts and they know it. Morey is very business like when it comes to this and guys know it. Lin will still get his guaranteed $15 million no matter who he plays for and I hope he plays well and stays relevant after next year. Now if he the Rockets can't sign anybody and he stays? That'll be a bit awkward.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Says the #1 Rockets hater. Seriously, if anything Rockets related comes up, good ol' TLJ just has to rear his trolly head into the discussion. And you're the one that's annoyed? Stop trolling and you'd shed those "hater" and "troll" titles.

It was disrespectful but if Lin already knows he's gone no matter what then ehhh, whatever. At the end of the day, all players are asserts and they know it. Morey is very business like when it comes to this and guys know it. Lin will still get his guaranteed $15 million no matter who he plays for and I hope he plays well and stays relevant after next year. Now if he the Rockets can't sign anybody and he stays? That'll be a bit awkward.

I got hired by an accounting firm this summer. You know what I spent my first week doing? Watching hours and hours of videos teaching about the importance of being professional and respectful in business. That's one of the most important aspects of being "business like."

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:37 PM
I think they still trade him, use the cap space to sign decent role players and bench depth

That is a good idea, I think he has to go now.

Saddletramp
07-04-2014, 12:17 AM
I got hired by an accounting firm this summer. You know what I spent my first week doing? Watching hours and hours of videos teaching about the importance of being professional and respectful in business. That's one of the most important aspects of being "business like."

Two totally different business models. I'm not sure why this is relevant. Putting a guys jersey number on someone else who's been heavily rumored to be traded is a kind of a dick move but it's not the worst thing that can happen during free agency. And being a GM where your sole job is to put your team in a position to win is a bit different, well, a lot different, actually than an office job.

Verbal Christ
07-04-2014, 12:34 AM

A very rich human being. I get they sympathy, its part of becoming attached to certain players throughout sports. The other ugly part of pro sports happens to be that players get traded and feelings get hurt. Its too bad that JLin had to feel some kind of way about having his number used in a publicity angle. Fact of the matter is that DArry Morey is a damn gunslinger amongst GM's and its no secret. He's run through all star PG's like B list actors ran through Lindsey Lohan.

He's a backup up PG!! Get over it.

hugepatsfan
07-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Two totally different business models. I'm not sure why this is relevant. Putting a guys jersey number on someone else who's been heavily rumored to be traded is a kind of a dick move but it's not the worst thing that can happen during free agency. And being a GM where your sole job is to put your team in a position to win is a bit different, well, a lot different, actually than an office job.

Treating other people with respect in the course of business isn't part of your business model. It's a fundamental principle of being a human being. No one is saying Morey is wrong to be trading Lin to open up cap space to sign Melo. That's well within, to use your term, the business model of being an NBA GM. But even in that situation you can still treat Lin with respect. Morey/the Rockets chose not to do so. I'm not saying fire the guy over it. I'm just saying the Rockets fans in here defending Morey by saying "Lin's a backup PG and Melo is a star so who cares if it's disrespectful" have crappy morals. How good Lin is or isn't as basketball shouldn't determine whether or not he deserves to be treated with respect.

A very rich human being. I get they sympathy, its part of becoming attached to certain players throughout sports. The other ugly part of pro sports happens to be that players get traded and feelings get hurt. Its too bad that JLin had to feel some kind of way about having his number used in a publicity angle. Fact of the matter is that DArry Morey is a damn gunslinger amongst GM's and its no secret. He's run through all star PG's like B list actors ran through Lindsey Lohan.

He's a backup up PG!! Get over it.

The fact that Lin is just a backup PG doesn't make it any less disrespectful to him. I'm not commenting on Morey's moves to make the team better. He wouldn't be doing his job if he was showing loyalty to players at the expense of bettering his team. I'm just saying that in this case he is disrespecting Lin beyond the scope of running a basketball team. You and other Rockets fans are trying to deny that just for the sake of not saying something negative about your team. It's ridiculous.

Saddletramp
07-04-2014, 02:21 AM
Well, gosh. I didn't know that putting one of the biggest players up on a billboard wearing a (most likely) departing lesser player that is getting fat paid by the same guy is any more disrespectful than 100's of other maneuvers in sports. Basketball is a business and people step over each other to get to where they need to go. It happens all the time in differing ways. I've said it was a dick move but people treat it like its a god damn human rights violation. The only way to get Anthony is by trading Lin and they just happen to wear the same number.

Dick move. Not cheating, not pulling a Boozer and handshaking a deal then signing with another team, not paying a guy under the table to keep the book numbers low and certainly not video taping other teams practices.

rocketfuel
07-04-2014, 04:27 AM
Let's not take this as an opportunity to take a cheap shot at Houston. It's off topic and really not cool. I'm not pointing to anyone in particular, but just pointing this out. The topic is about Morey's move to put a current player's number on a recruit. Taking a swipe at Houston, it's city or anything outside of Morey's move is just a cheap shot.

rocketfuel
07-04-2014, 04:55 AM
As someone else pointed out, there's very little gained by putting Lin's number of Melo's jersey. The gain is miniscule compared to the backlash it brought. Every sports network pointed out the controversy and it's certainly not an impression you want Melo to have when he turns on the tube--and you know that he's watching the broadcasts when he goes to his hotel.

I hate how some people try to minimize it. What's the big deal? I guarantee you that Morey's not putting Dwight's number on there. Is he going to say what's the big deal then? He only dares to do that when the player is of no use to him anymore. He's looking at the players like chess pieces instead of human beings. Just a few years ago, Morey courted Lin. He's the one that came up with the 15 million in the final year. And, I also think it's ridiculous how people try to say just because he's paid a lot of money, then it should be no big deal. That's beside the point. You should treat everyone in your organization with respect. From the star down to the 12th man. Trading players is part of the business, slapping them in the face like that is not. Next time, free agents come, they might consider it. They would think, why should I sacrifice money for the team if this guy sees us like chess pieces. I knew Lowry wasn't coming back. Why get bit twice. It's business, but it's also a business about relationships. You can make your moves, but you can also treat people with respect and consideration. Just because you can get away with it, doesn't mean you should do it. Classless move by Morey. And his defense was even worse. Just admit it and say you know what I was wrong. We were so excited about recruiting Carmelo, we shouldn't have made that move. Lin deserved better than that.

Asik's better
07-04-2014, 06:07 AM
As someone else pointed out, there's very little gained by putting Lin's number of Melo's jersey. The gain is miniscule compared to the backlash it brought. Every sports network pointed out the controversy and it's certainly not an impression you want Melo to have when he turns on the tube--and you know that he's watching the broadcasts when he goes to his hotel.

I hate how some people try to minimize it. What's the big deal? I guarantee you that Morey's not putting Dwight's number on there. Is he going to say what's the big deal then? He only dares to do that when the player is of no use to him anymore. He's looking at the players like chess pieces instead of human beings. Just a few years ago, Morey courted Lin. He's the one that came up with the 15 million in the final year. And, I also think it's ridiculous how people try to say just because he's paid a lot of money, then it should be no big deal. That's beside the point. You should treat everyone in your organization with respect. From the star down to the 12th man. Trading players is part of the business, slapping them in the face like that is not. Next time, free agents come, they might consider it. They would think, why should I sacrifice money for the team if this guy sees us like chess pieces. I knew Lowry wasn't coming back. Why get bit twice. It's business, but it's also a business about relationships. You can make your moves, but you can also treat people with respect and consideration. Just because you can get away with it, doesn't mean you should do it. Classless move by Morey. And his defense was even worse. Just admit it and say you know what I was wrong. We were so excited about recruiting Carmelo, we shouldn't have made that move. Lin deserved better than that.
I'm sorry but Lin and everyone who defends Lin come off as huge babies. He is a grown man and it's just a number. It shouldn't even be a talking point.

rocketfuel
07-04-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm sorry but Lin and everyone who defends Lin come off as huge babies. He is a grown man and it's just a number. It shouldn't even be a talking point.

Just because you're a Rocket fan, doesn't mean you have to take the homer view on everything. It's been all over the news, so obviously it's a talking point.

Asik's better
07-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Just because you're a Rocket fan, doesn't mean you have to take the homer view on everything. It's been all over the news, so obviously it's a talking point.
My view on this has nothing to do with me being rockets. What a lazy, irrelevant point.
Oh and I never said it wasn't talking point, I said it shouldn't be. What a waste of a post.

hugepatsfan
07-04-2014, 09:59 AM
I was never trying to take a shot at Houston or the fans in general. Just the ones in this thread who don't look at things like this…

Let's not take this as an opportunity to take a cheap shot at Houston. It's off topic and really not cool. I'm not pointing to anyone in particular, but just pointing this out. The topic is about Morey's move to put a current player's number on a recruit. Taking a swipe at Houston, it's city or anything outside of Morey's move is just a cheap shot.

I'm sure there are other people who feel this was as fans of other teams but because it's a thread about the Rockets those are the fans speaking loudest.

funkybudda
07-04-2014, 10:04 AM
why do people care? obviously he will get his number over lin if he comes to houston. there are a handful of guys who just don't ever have to worry about getting traded (unless they want to be of course) and lin is not one of them. 95% of players should know that at any given time their GM is trying to figure out how to upgrade their position. that is just the business of basketball and J-Lin has made a ton of money off doing nothing in HOU, so he shouldn't have anything to complain about.

Please quote what J-Lin has said that's close enough to be "complaining".

Verbal Christ
07-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Poor JLin ... he was taken advantage of and exploited by mean ol' Morey. Today when he wakes up in his 10000 sq foot crib in his million thread count sheets, next to a top model, reciting his morning prayers like the good Christian he is Im absolutely, positively certain that being butt hurt about having his sacred playing number used is at the top of his things to do today list.

just another thread for Howard haters, Morey haters and Harden haters to spout off nonsense. Minimize, marginalize call it what you want this whole thing is stupid and being blown completely out of proportion.

Here just take it from the horse's mouth and stop the Poor Jeremy Crusade its ridiculous:

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/7203/jeremy-lin-carmelo-anthony-jersey-controversy/

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey spoke very candidly about it on Wednesday.

“It’s always a challenging situation during free agency,” Morey said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports outside the Toyota Center. “You are always having to recruit players and there might be current players at current positions, might be people with the current numbers. It’s unfortunate that it’s often hard to handle.

“Reality is it’s standard practice. When we went after Chris Bosh a few years ago, we had him in (Luis) Scola’s number. When we went after Dwight Howard he had (Pat) Beverley’s number. I get the sensitivity and I hate that it creates some hurt feelings. I don’t like that, but that’s obviously Carmelo Anthony’s number, that’s the number he wants. He told us that.”

rocketfuel
07-04-2014, 02:36 PM
My view on this has nothing to do with me being rockets. What a lazy, irrelevant point.
Oh and I never said it wasn't talking point, I said it shouldn't be. What a waste of a post.

Like your point about anyone feeling Morey is wrong on this are just being a "bunch of babies" is so relevant and helpful. Talk about lazy.

Give me a break, you're being a total homer here.

rocketfuel
07-04-2014, 02:40 PM
I was never trying to take a shot at Houston or the fans in general. Just the ones in this thread who don't look at things like this…

I'm sure there are other people who feel this was as fans of other teams but because it's a thread about the Rockets those are the fans speaking loudest.

I wasn't pointing at you or anyone in particular. It's all good.

Asik's better
07-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Like your point about anyone feeling Morey is wrong on this are just being a "bunch of babies" is so relevant and helpful. Talk about lazy.

Give me a break, you're being a total homer here.
What proof do you have that I'm being a homer? How do you know that I wouldn't being making the same points for another team? Also saying that people are acting like a bunch a babies isn't a lazy and irrelevant point. It's just the truth.
Another wasted post by you.

Failure
07-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Treating other people with respect in the course of business isn't part of your business model. It's a fundamental principle of being a human being. No one is saying Morey is wrong to be trading Lin to open up cap space to sign Melo. That's well within, to use your term, the business model of being an NBA GM. But even in that situation you can still treat Lin with respect. Morey/the Rockets chose not to do so. I'm not saying fire the guy over it. I'm just saying the Rockets fans in here defending Morey by saying "Lin's a backup PG and Melo is a star so who cares if it's disrespectful" have crappy morals. How good Lin is or isn't as basketball shouldn't determine whether or not he deserves to be treated with respect.

The fact that Lin is just a backup PG doesn't make it any less disrespectful to him. I'm not commenting on Morey's moves to make the team better. He wouldn't be doing his job if he was showing loyalty to players at the expense of bettering his team. I'm just saying that in this case he is disrespecting Lin beyond the scope of running a basketball team. You and other Rockets fans are trying to deny that just for the sake of not saying something negative about your team. It's ridiculous.

He gets it

Failure
07-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Australians are racist stupid *****es

Saddletramp
07-04-2014, 08:27 PM

What? This whole sentence is just........huh?

Asik's better
07-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Yeah least we know how to form a proper sentence. Also nice troll account.

rocketfuel
07-05-2014, 12:01 AM
What proof do you have that I'm being a homer? How do you know that I wouldn't being making the same points for another team? Also saying that people are acting like a bunch a babies isn't a lazy and irrelevant point. It's just the truth.
Another wasted post by you.

Proof: Your own words. If we want the homer point of view, we'll come to you, otherwise you offer no independent thought. Your point about people acting like a bunch of babies is a silly point. The fact that you point that out as the truth while inanely fingerpointing with the words "lazy and irrelevant" is ridiculous. Your point was a nothing post, so save the wasted comment for yourself.

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 12:15 AM
Proof: Your own words. If we want the homer point of view, we'll come to you, otherwise you offer no independent thought. Your point about people acting like a bunch of babies is a silly point. The fact that you point that out as the truth while inanely fingerpointing with the words "lazy and irrelevant" is ridiculous. Your point was a nothing post, so save the wasted comment for yourself.
That's not proof. You provided no examples that prove I'm being a homer. And just because Houston is my team dosnt mean I don't provide independent thought. That logic is stupid. This issue isn't about Houston or Jeremy Lin. This issue is about how the media like to blow up issues that aren't even issues and people like you are so gullible that media has led you to believe this is a issue. This is just another chapter of the world heading into this ultra PC era where someone wearing someone's else's number is considered "news" and "a talking point" when at the end of the day it's just a ****ing number that doesn't mean anything.

Blitzace137
07-05-2014, 12:33 AM
That's not proof. You provided no examples that prove I'm being a homer. And just because Houston is my team dosnt mean I don't provide independent thought. That logic is stupid. This issue isn't about Houston or Jeremy Lin. This issue is about how the media like to blow up issues that aren't even issues and people like you are so gullible that media has led you to believe this is a issue. This is just another chapter of the world heading into this ultra PC era where someone wearing someone's else's number is considered "news" and "a talking point" when at the end of the day it's just a ****ing number that doesn't mean anything.

The player himself said he had an issue with it and yet your saying the media blew it up? that makes no sense. It shows that Morey has no loyalty and that's fine since this is a business at the end of the day, if that's how he chooses to conduct business, than so be it, that doesn't change the fact that it was a classless move. As a fan it shouldn't matter to you but if I'm a current player or a FA being recruited it's something I would take note of.

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 01:03 AM
The player himself said he had an issue with it and yet your saying the media blew it up? that makes no sense. It shows that Morey has no loyalty and that's fine since this is a business at the end of the day, if that's how he chooses to conduct business, than so be it, that doesn't change the fact that it was a classless move. As a fan it shouldn't matter to you but if I'm a current player or a FA being recruited it's something I would take note of.
Just because Lin had an issue with it doesn't mean the media didn't make it a bigger deal than it was. Also, Lin tweeted abot as it was becoming a story. Again, it wasn't classless, it was nothing, a nothing story. Again, it's just a ****ing number.

Blitzace137
07-05-2014, 01:44 AM
Just because Lin had an issue with it doesn't mean the media didn't make it a bigger deal than it was. Also, Lin tweeted abot as it was becoming a story. Again, it wasn't classless, it was nothing, a nothing story. Again, it's just a ****ing number.

That's your opinion, which is fine but that doesn't make it a fact.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 01:46 AM

I think everyone can agree it was classless including Lin.

mightybosstone
07-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Who gives a ****? If Melo is coming to Houston, Lin will not be here. It's common sense and basic ****ing mathematics. Lin is not an idiot, but I can't say the same for the media and most of the posters on the NBA general forum.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 01:55 AM
Who gives a ****? If Melo is coming to Houston, Lin will not be here. It's common sense and basic ****ing mathematics. Lin is not an idiot, but I can't say the same for the media and most of the posters on the NBA general forum.

I'll be laughing it the roxs don't get Melo or Lebron. Is there a plan B?

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 02:02 AM
That's your opinion, which is fine but that doesn't make it a fact.

I think everyone can agree it was classless including Lin.
I honestly think it's a cultural thing where Americans have become so sensitive that they think someone wearing someone else's number is considered "classles". If this happened to an Australian baskeballer, footballer, soccer player, rugby player or cricketer the players involved wouldn't give a ****. And if any media person tried to make this an issue the players, coaches and the rest of the nation would just laugh at that media outlet for being stupid.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 02:09 AM
I honestly think it's a cultural thing where Americans have become so sensitive that they think someone wearing someone else's number is considered "classles". If this happened to an Australian baskeballer, footballer, soccer player, rugby player or cricketer the players involved wouldn't give a ****. And if any media person tried to make this an issue the players, coaches and the rest of the nation would just laugh at that media outlet for being stupid.

It might be a cultural thing where Australians have become so ******** that they don't know the definition of classless.

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 02:13 AM
It might be a cultural thing where Australians have become so ******** that they don't know the definition of classless.
No we just don't care about little things that don't matter like numbers. But hey if you want to care about who wears what number then all the power to you. Must be hard getting upset about **** that is not important.

rockets-fan
07-05-2014, 02:16 AM

I don't think he meant it in a "melo is coming here who cares way" he meant if he came Lin would be gone so who cares...still classless just making his point clear

Failure
07-05-2014, 02:56 AM
Australians are known to be racists. So when you do the math, its not hard to see why they wouldn't see this as classless.

Just because in Australia (where their morals are skewed) this isn't classless, doesn't mean its not in countries where there are still good morals and ethics

Failure
07-05-2014, 02:57 AM
Everyone thinks its classless.

Few Rockets fans think its not.

hmmm.....

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 03:30 AM
Australians are known to be racists. So when you do the math, its not hard to see why they wouldn't see this as classless.

Just because in Australia (where their morals are skewed) this isn't classless, doesn't mean its not in countries where there are still good morals and ethics
We're known as racist? I think you may want to do a little research.

Saddletramp
07-05-2014, 03:41 AM

I wish your mom had a Plan B.

BOOM

And why are we talking about race? Haters and trolls throw race in the mix as soon they're through making rational points.

Chrisclover
07-05-2014, 06:58 AM

It's about respect. All these from peddling Lin earlier in the season to making a poster in which his jersey number is given to Melo just show that Morey is just a cruel businessman who does not care players' feelings.come on, at least inform Lin of the poster thing.

FOBolous
07-05-2014, 08:27 AM
yea this is pretty classless on the part of the Rockets organization.

mightybosstone
07-05-2014, 09:57 AM

Of course. With Daryl Morey, there's always multiple plans in place. Look at what the guy has done over the years with so few resources. I would imagine (and I'm not a Rockets front office exec, obviously) that if Melo or Lebron fall through, but Lebron is serious about leaving, that the Rockets will push hard at Bosh. If that doesn't work, Houston can always consider a sign and trade with Parsons for Love, assuming Parsons would want to sign a long-term deal with Minnesota. If they don't want to give up Parsons, there are other options. They've shown interest in Deng and Ariza in the past, Boozer might be amnestied soon and there are guys like Eric Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, Shawn Marion, Pau Gasol, PJ Tucker, Paul Pierce, etc. still available.

The worst case scenario, I think, is that Houston goes into next season with roughly the same core of players as last year, but they should be a much deeper basketball team. Last year's roster was essentially only seven competent players and one of them (Lin) was about as inconsistent a 6th man as you'll ever see.

mightybosstone
07-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Everyone thinks its classless.

Few Rockets fans think its not.

hmmm.....

You do realize this is not the first time a team has done this, right? Teams have done this before. Hell, Houston did it last year with Dwight if I'm not mistaken with the No. 12, but I can't remember who had the No. 12 prior to him. It might have been Beverley. The only reason this is a story is because it's Jeremy Lin, the guy's on his way out anyway, the media noticed it and Lin tweeted about it.

It's a number, not a slight. If they had given Melo James Harden or Dwight Howard's number, would people care then? No. Because they now those guys are staying in Houston. The fact that Lin is almost certainly gone and he happens to wear the same number as Melo is the only reason people give two ***** about this in the first place.

Jamiecballer
07-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Players should be treated as valuable members of the team until they aren't. Period.

Blitzace137
07-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Lin most likely about to get traded to the 76ers Rocket fans can rejoice. Lin was a fool to go back to the team that dumped him just to get dumped again, at least he got paid I guess. He never should have left NY, he would have been a much bigger deal here still.

gatkins11
07-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Lin most likely about to get traded to the 76ers Rocket fans can rejoice. Lin was a fool to go back to the team that dumped him just to get dumped again, at least he got paid I guess. He never should have left NY, he would have been a much bigger deal here still.

Yep, Morey's boy Hinkie is about to bail him out.

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Players should be treated as valuable members of the team until they aren't. Period.
Well in Australia players treat it as a honor to put on that teams guernsey not a right. That's what I don't get. Lin should be more worried about improving his game to help whatever team he is on rather than worrying about who is wearing who's number.

mightybosstone
07-05-2014, 08:11 PM

Oh god... This is such horseshit.

1. It's a ****ing number. They didn't say anything negative about Lin to the media or insult him personally. They simply put Melo in the same number as him on a hypothetical billboard. Unless the billboard showed Melo taking a dump on Lin's face, I don't want to hear it.

2. At the end of this next season, Houston will have paid him $24 million over the course of three years while letting him play the game he loves to play on national television in front crowds that adore him. I wish my employer would treat me that poorly.

For the record, this **** happens all the time. It's a non-story and a non-issue, but the media and fans get all up in arms because it's Jeremy Lin. Get over yourselves.

SPURSFAN1
07-05-2014, 09:29 PM

1. It's a ****ing number. They didn't say anything negative about Lin to the media or insult him personally. They simply put Melo in the same number as him on a hypothetical billboard. Unless the billboard showed Melo taking a dump on Lin's face, I don't want to hear it.

2. At the end of this next season, Houston will have paid him $24 million over the course of three years while letting him play the game he loves to play on national television in front crowds that adore him. I wish my employer would treat me that poorly.

For the record, this **** happens all the time. It's a non-story and a non-issue, but the media and fans get all up in arms because it's Jeremy Lin. Get over yourselves.

You can go on clutchfans and they'll tell you it was classless. Most of america thinks it's classless except some houston fans. I see this as the denial stage.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2014, 11:06 PM

Examples?

Asik's better
07-05-2014, 11:15 PM
You can go on clutchfans and they'll tell you it was classless. Most of america thinks it's classless except some houston fans. I see this as the denial stage.
And some journalists, other people on twitter and basically the rest of the world really don't have a problem with.

rocketfuel
07-06-2014, 03:43 AM

What's stupid is your rationalization. Yeah, the media just happens to want to make a big deal out of this. Out of all the major news stories, they just want to go out of their way to highlight this one. If you can't see how putting a current Rocket's number on a prospective player is disrespectful, than you are truly in denial. Hey, what's the big deal? Why don't we put a big billboard with Kobe's number, Dirk's number or Dwight's number on Carmelo's future jersey? No big deal. Anything goes. You're being a complete homer here and your rationalization is just ridiculous.

Asik's better
07-06-2014, 06:48 AM
What's stupid is your rationalization. Yeah, the media just happens to want to make a big deal out of this. Out of all the major news stories, they just want to go out of their way to highlight this one. If you can't see how putting a current Rocket's number on a prospective player is disrespectful, than you are truly in denial. Hey, what's the big deal? Why don't we put a big billboard with Kobe's number, Dirk's number or Dwight's number on Carmelo's future jersey? No big deal. Anything goes. You're being a complete homer here and your rationalization is just ridiculous.
Hahaha your such a child. Your like a 15 year old you thinks they know how the world works and that everyone should listen to them. Also what number does carmelo wear? What number does Lin wear? Did miss that connection? Also still no proof I'm being a homer. Keep babying grown men over a number because a number is so important right?

Oh yeah, do you understand how the media works? Lebron, Lin and lockeroom drama gets clicks and people watching. Just like how celebrity fights and drama gets clicks and people watching. Why do you think TMZ got so big?

Failure
07-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Hahaha your such a child. Your like a 15 year old you thinks they know how the world works and that everyone should listen to them. Also what number does carmelo wear? What number does Lin wear? Did miss that connection? Also still no proof I'm being a homer. Keep babying grown men over a number because a number is so important right?

Oh yeah, do you understand how the media works? Lebron, Lin and lockeroom drama gets clicks and people watching. Just like how celebrity fights and drama gets clicks and people watching. Why do you think TMZ got so big?

Says the guy who posted the most on this topic

Asik's better
07-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Says the guy who posted the most on this topic
I think you should read the post then read your response, look up irony and think really hard about how it applies to your response.

mightybosstone
07-06-2014, 11:37 AM
lol... I'm guessing you don't frequent Clutchfans very often. There are a ton of huge Lin homers there. That's why they're so "outraged" over it.

mightybosstone
07-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Examples?

When the Rockets courted Bosh a few years ago, they posted an image of him wearing Scola's number. Last year when they courted Howard, the image had Beverley's number. It's not remotely an uncommon practice for teams to do this, because numbers aren't that important. If your team has a chance to sign a marquee free agent that happens to have the same number as a significantly lesser player on your team, that lesser player is likely going to give up his number.

hugepatsfan
07-06-2014, 11:55 AM
When the Rockets courted Bosh a few years ago, they posted an image of him wearing Scola's number. Last year when they courted Howard, the image had Beverley's number. It's not remotely an uncommon practice for teams to do this, because numbers aren't that important. If your team has a chance to sign a marquee free agent that happens to have the same number as a significantly lesser player on your team, that lesser player is likely going to give up his number.

So your defense that this isn't a classless move by Morey is that he's done it before? You said "this **** happens all the time." I think you forgot to add "with Morey" to the end of it. I don't see how any rational person can argue that this isn't classless.

Jamiecballer
07-06-2014, 12:52 PM

I suspect you've never picked up a ball and played in any sort of team sport based on your response.

Maybe try and imagine it in the context of your own ordinary life. If you had the best cubicle in the office and you heard the bosses were offering up your space to an interviewee, would you feel respected? Or disrespected?

Like I said team members should be treated as valuable right up to the minute they are out the door. Its good business and shows you have integrity.

mightybosstone
07-06-2014, 01:14 PM
So your defense that this isn't a classless move by Morey is that he's done it before? You said "this **** happens all the time." I think you forgot to add "with Morey" to the end of it. I don't see how any rational person can argue that this isn't classless.

I'm only thinking of times that Houston has done this, but I don't follow every single team like a hawk. I follow my own. It's not on me to prove that's it not classless. It's on you to prove that it is. Can you honesty tell me without any doubt that no other team in the history of professional sports has ever done anything like this? No, you can't.

And answer me this... If it's so classless then why did NOBODY make a big deal out of it when the Rockets did it the last two times? Hell, Luis Scola was unquestionably a better basketball player when the Rockets pursued Bosh than Lin is this offseason now that the Rockets are pursing Melo. Nobody made a big deal out of it then, I assure you. The only reason people care is because Lin is a media darling who gets coddled far too often.

And I'm a Lin fan. I don't hate the guy. I think he's seriously underachieved the last two season, but I want nothing more than to see him achieve success in this league. But the Rockets owe him nothing. They'll have given him $24 million once this contract is up and they certainly gave him every possible chance to succeed. If they opt to get rid of him because he's underperforming and somebody else is available to make the team better, that's their prerogative. This is a business. Not a family.

SPURSFAN1
07-06-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm only thinking of times that Houston has done this, but I don't follow every single team like a hawk. I follow my own. It's not on me to prove that's it not classless. It's on you to prove that it is. Can you honesty tell me without any doubt that no other team in the history of professional sports has ever done anything like this? No, you can't.

And answer me this... If it's so classless then why did NOBODY make a big deal out of it when the Rockets did it the last two times? Hell, Luis Scola was unquestionably a better basketball player when the Rockets pursued Bosh than Lin is this offseason now that the Rockets are pursing Melo. Nobody made a big deal out of it then, I assure you. The only reason people care is because Lin is a media darling who gets coddled far too often.

And I'm a Lin fan. I don't hate the guy. I think he's seriously underachieved the last two season, but I want nothing more than to see him achieve success in this league. But the Rockets owe him nothing. They'll have given him $24 million once this contract is up and they certainly gave him every possible chance to succeed. If they opt to get rid of him because he's underperforming and somebody else is available to make the team better, that's their prerogative. This is a business. Not a family.

Proof? It's right in your face, but you don't want to recognize it. I bet if Lin talked to you how it was classless, you would tell him he's wrong. :bang: :laugh:

mightybosstone
07-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I suspect you've never picked up a ball and played in any sort of team sport based on your response.
lol.... That's such a weak response. Anytime somebody doesn't know where to go to next, they always fall back on "well clearly you've never played this sport at a high level before." Have a played in team sports? Of course. There isn't a person on PSD who hasn't competed at a team sport at some level in their life. But even if I hadn't, that wouldn't prove your point one way or the other and it's completely irrelevant. Have you played any sport professionally before? No? Then it's a moot point, and a poor one.

Maybe try and imagine it in the context of your own ordinary life. If you had the best cubicle in the office and you heard the bosses were offering up your space to an interviewee, would you feel respected? Or disrespected?
Apples to oranges, but I'll play along. Did I earn that cubicle and consistently perform well enough at my job to keep that cubicle? Then yeah, I'd feel disrespected. Jeremy Lin hasn't. He has not played well enough the last two seasons to have deserved the 3 years, $24 million he was given. In fact, he's played poorly enough that the Rockets will probably have to give up a first round pick just to get out of the last year of his contract.

By comparison, that's like if I wasn't doing my job at the level I was asked for two straight years. My bosses would certainly be justified in either firing me or demoting me. So whether I would feel disrespected or not is completely irrelevant.

Like I said team members should be treated as valuable right up to the minute they are out the door. Its good business and shows you have integrity.
********. This is ultimately a business. Players are shopped constantly in this league and are regularly involved in trade rumors every offseason. We live in a society of instant information where a player can find out he was traded through social media before he's ever told by the organization or where he can check hoopshype and see his name attached to half a dozen different trade rumors every week.

There is very little loyalty left in professional sports, and players are constantly looking over their shoulders. But I will say that whatever loyalty there is in this league is earned. If you want a team to not shop you around to other teams than play well and prove you deserve to stay and are worth something. Lin may have said and done all the right things off the court, but he hasn't done them on the court. He has every reason to be looking over his shoulder right now, because he hasn't played remotely at the level he was asked to play.

mightybosstone
07-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Proof? It's right in your face, but you don't want to recognize it. I bet if Lin talked to you how it was classless, you would tell him he's wrong. :bang: :laugh:

What? I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. Just because I can't think of any instances of other teams doing this off the top of my head doesn't mean it doesn't happen on a regular basis. As I previously stated multiple times, Houston has done this before any nobody gave two ***** about it. I also have stated that I don't pay attention to the free agent pitches of every single team every single offseason. Put two and two together and it's fairly obvious why I don't have "proof" of other teams doing this.

I've said it before, but I guess I have to repeat myself for dense posters like yourself: the ONLY reason people care about this is because it's Jeremy Lin and he's being shopped right now. If it were a player no one paid attention to or a guy whose job wasn't in question right now, this wouldn't have been a story to begin with.

hugepatsfan
07-06-2014, 01:27 PM

It was classless when they did it to Scola. It was classless when they did it to Beverly. Any other team that has ever done it to another player was acting classless. It's a classless thing to do. And the last paragraph shows that you just don't get what people are saying. No one thinks it classless to dump Lin. That's a basketball move. What's classless is putting his jersey on a billboard for an outside player while he's still a member of the team. That's a classless move. You just don't want to admit that your favorite team did something that was classless.

hugepatsfan
07-06-2014, 01:32 PM
You're right that it's getting talked about more because of Lin but that doesn't mean it wasn't classless in other caces. Just because there isn't a media backlash about something being classless doesn't mean it isn't classless. In the grand scheme of things it's insignificant. The only reason anyone is still commenting on it is because it just blows our minds that you could be in such denial to think that it isn't a classless move.

tr3ymill3r
07-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Lin's a spoiled *****.

SPURSFAN1
07-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Lin's a spoiled *****.

?????? makes no sense.

mightybosstone
07-06-2014, 01:36 PM
It was classless when they did it to Scola. It was classless when they did it to Beverly. Any other team that has ever done it to another player was acting classless. It's a classless thing to do.
If it's so classless then where was your outrage when it happened the first two times?

And the last paragraph shows that you just don't get what people are saying. No one thinks it classless to dump Lin. That's a basketball move. What's classless is putting his jersey on a billboard for an outside player while he's still a member of the team. That's a classless move. You just don't want to admit that your favorite team did something that was classless.
Is it classless when a front office is actively shopping a player without that player's knowledge and that player has to see his name in trade rumors all over the media? He's still a member of the team and it's still public knowledge all over the country. To me, there's no difference. It may not be as obvious as a billboard over the team's stadium, but it's still public knowledge and could just as easily be viewed as disrespect to the player.

Also, the thing that people REALLY aren't getting is that it's a ****ing number. It just happens to be the same one Lin wears. When you're trying to entice a free agent, you want that free agent to envision himself playing with that team in the number they feel most confident in. If Melo somehow came here with Lin still on the roster, I'm sure they would amicably work out the number, because it's not that big of a ****ing deal.

If it had been Harden's number or Howard's number, NOBODY would have cared, because those guys aren't on the trading block. It's just a crazy coincidence that the one guy who happens to wear Melo's number also happens to be the same player that will have to leave town for Melo to come here. I'll say it one more ****ing time just to make it perfectly clear: the only reason people are overreacting to this is because it's Jeremy Lin AND because he's likely on his way out of town.

mightybosstone
07-06-2014, 01:39 PM
You're right that it's getting talked about more because of Lin but that doesn't mean it wasn't classless in other caces. Just because there isn't a media backlash about something being classless doesn't mean it isn't classless. In the grand scheme of things it's insignificant. The only reason anyone is still commenting on it is because it just blows our minds that you could be in such denial to think that it isn't a classless move.

Answer me this question...

Suppose it had been Dwight Howard's number instead. Do you think Dwight would feel disrespected? Hell no, because the guy wants Melo here and his job isn't on the line. He would gladly allow his number to be on a billboard on a Carmelo Anthony jersey, because it's a big deal and he knows it's just a marketing ploy to get a marquee free agent and ultimately make the team better.

So answer me that. Should a player whose job isn't on the line feel disrespected to see that billboard with their number on it?

Jamiecballer
07-06-2014, 01:45 PM
lol.... That's such a weak response. Anytime somebody doesn't know where to go to next, they always fall back on "well clearly you've never played this sport at a high level before." Have a played in team sports? Of course. There isn't a person on PSD who hasn't competed at a team sport at some level in their life. But even if I hadn't, that wouldn't prove your point one way or the other and it's completely irrelevant. Have you played any sport professionally before? No? Then it's a moot point, and a poor one.

Apples to oranges, but I'll play along. Did I earn that cubicle and consistently perform well enough at my job to keep that cubicle? Then yeah, I'd feel disrespected. Jeremy Lin hasn't. He has not played well enough the last two seasons to have deserved the 3 years, $24 million he was given. In fact, he's played poorly enough that the Rockets will probably have to give up a first round pick just to get out of the last year of his contract.

By comparison, that's like if I wasn't doing my job at the level I was asked for two straight years. My bosses would certainly be justified in either firing me or demoting me. So whether I would feel disrespected or not is completely irrelevant.

********. This is ultimately a business. Players are shopped constantly in this league and are regularly involved in trade rumors every offseason. We live in a society of instant information where a player can find out he was traded through social media before he's ever told by the organization or where he can check hoopshype and see his name attached to half a dozen different trade rumors every week.

There is very little loyalty left in professional sports, and players are constantly looking over their shoulders. But I will say that whatever loyalty there is in this league is earned. If you want a team to not shop you around to other teams than play well and prove you deserve to stay and are worth something. Lin may have said and done all the right things off the court, but he hasn't done them on the court. He has every reason to be looking over his shoulder right now, because he hasn't played remotely at the level he was asked to play.
You have every right to your opinion but you sound like a cold unlikeable person if this is truly what you believe.

FOBolous
07-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Answer me this question...

Suppose it had been Dwight Howard's number instead. Do you think Dwight would feel disrespected? Hell no, because the guy wants Melo here and his job isn't on the line. He would gladly allow his number to be on a billboard on a Carmelo Anthony jersey, because it's a big deal and he knows it's just a marketing ploy to get a marquee free agent and ultimately make the team better.

So answer me that. Should a player whose job isn't on the line feel disrespected to see that billboard with their number on it?

let me hit you with another hypothetical:

Imagine your employer walks up to your desk with a prospective hire and tells them "This could be your desk right here".

would you, even if you already know leaving:

1. be 100% supportive

or

2. feel slightly disrespected/offended

if you pick 1, i applaud you for your thick skin. business is business but professional courtesy is still necessary. you can't just go around burning bridges.

FOBolous
07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
but yea, at this point, the Rockets should just trade Lin. it's what's best for both parties...even if the Rockets doesn't get another star. The team doesn't need another asik-like distraction.

Blitzace137
07-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Lin's a spoiled *****.

?????? makes no sense.

He's Trolling

Sssmush
07-06-2014, 03:30 PM
*wheeeeeeeee* Rockets are in the running

Saddletramp
07-06-2014, 04:04 PM
It was classless when they did it to Scola. It was classless when they did it to Beverly. Any other team that has ever done it to another player was acting classless. It's a classless thing to do. And the last paragraph shows that you just don't get what people are saying. No one thinks it classless to dump Lin. That's a basketball move. What's classless is putting his jersey on a billboard for an outside player while he's still a member of the team. That's a classless move. You just don't want to admit that your favorite team did something that was classless.

Every time I see you post in this thread and see you say a team did something classless and then I see your sig I lol. A Patriots fan *****ing about another team being classless.

If we're going to start calling out teams for being classless then all anyone would ever talk about are these jerks front offices signing these jerk players to these jerk teams. Go troll the Redskins forum. Go troll the teams that signed people like Leonard Little or Donte Stallworth. Go troll Eli Manning and Kobe. Go troll Dan Gilbert. I could go on all ****ing day. Get over it.

Asik's better
07-06-2014, 04:19 PM

Imagine your employer walks up to your desk with a prospective hire and tells them "This could be your desk right here".

1. be 100% supportive

or

if you pick 1, i applaud you for your thick skin. business is business but professional courtesy is still necessary. you can't just go around burning bridges.
I wouldn't care honestly, if he is here to improve the company then I'm 100% supporting management. It's just a desk. The desk isn't anything special.

Saddletramp
07-06-2014, 04:36 PM

1. be 100% supportive

or

If you already know you're leaving then why would you care? If you're underperforming and told you're being transferred away at the same pay and the new guy has a better education and experience (being a way better player) and it will make your bosses (owner/GM) happy and the shareholders (let's say fans) happy AND your pay stays the same without your co-workers, bosses and shareholders trying/wanting to upgrade the office (trade rumors for better players where you'd have to go to able to afford them) then that'd be a WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN for everyone involved. If your feelings get hurt because you sucked your way out of town then that's on you, and you alone. Let it be a learning experience that you have to get better because your bosses have noted your hiring as their own learning experience.

mightybosstone
07-06-2014, 04:45 PM
You have every right to your opinion but you sound like a cold unlikeable person if this is truly what you believe.

lol... You're insane if you think teams and front offices don't look at this ultimately as a business. I love sports, but I'm not so naive that I think my favorite franchises are best buddies with every player on the team and wouldn't trade them in a heartbeat for the right asset or the right price. If you think that, then feel free to skip around in la la land. I suppose ignorance is bliss.

As for me as a person, I assure you I'm plenty likable. My opinion on one particular argument does not make up 100% of the person I am any more than it does your or anyone else on PSD. If YOU honestly think that, than I seriously question your competence.

mightybosstone
07-06-2014, 04:54 PM

1. be 100% supportive

or

As I said before, this is a completely apples to oranges comparison. I don't work in a business where employees are traded back and forth between competitors like baseball cards. Nor do I work in an industry that could make me millions upon millions of dollars within a single year.

But as I addressed the previous hypothetical, I think you have to ask yourself a number of things. Would I be upset about it in this case? Of course. But it's not about whether I'm upset about it or not. Have I underperformed at my job? Am I overpaid? Is this person being brought in going to do a much better job than I am? Because while I might not like it, if the answers to all of those questions are "yes" then I can ultimately respect it.

Jeremy Lin may not be happy with this particular scenario, and that sucks for him. But all professional sports are businesses, and he knew that getting into it. He knew he was on the trading block. He must have known that he hasn't lived up to the contract he was granted. And he certainly knows that Houston was courting Melo and would likely have to get rid of him to add Melo in the first place.

None of those things are a surprise to Jeremy, so while I can understand that it might be a tad disheartening to see Melo wearing his jersey number over Toyato Center, excuse me if I don't weep for the guy. This is his job. This is his industry. And that is the contract he signed. Plus, he didn't even make nearly as big of a deal about this as PSD or the media are. The guy responded to it on twitter and I'm impressed that he took it in stride. Good for him. I hope he moves on and has a successful career in this league.

If Jeremy Lin (the person supposedly being so blatantly insulted) can move on with his life, so can PSD. Everyone just needs to get over it.

NBA_Starter
07-06-2014, 05:35 PM
All of that just to get rid of Lin.:pity:

rocketfuel
07-07-2014, 07:40 PM

Well, you certainly are going to tell us how the world works aren't you? Your views on "the world," the media, Australia and the U.S. are just bizarre. You have no understanding about the world. And, it's becoming clear in your rambling posts about 15 year olds, babies, the media, Australia, the US and TMZ that you are not making any rational points. You make the most extreme homer posts on this thread and in the forum in general and then you ask for proof? Are you in denial? Go re-read your homer posts. There's a reason why you're called a homer.

Asik's better
07-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Well, you certainly are going to tell us how the world works aren't you? Your views on "the world," the media, Australia and the U.S. are just bizarre. You have no understanding about the world. And, it's becoming clear in your rambling posts about 15 year olds, babies, the media, Australia, the US and TMZ that you are not making any rational points. You make the most extreme homer posts on this thread and in the forum in general and then you ask for proof? Are you in denial? Go re-read your homer posts. There's a reason why you're called a homer.
Was saying that there is no chance either Bosh or James coming to houston being a homer? Was saying Melo would be a dumb signing being a homer? Was saying how stupid it was for DM to bring back Mchale being a homer? Was calling the signings of Covington and Daniels stupid being a homer? Was saying all throughout last season that houston at best would make the second round being a homer? Your just making stupid claims because you have no leg to stand on.

Also like how you try to take points in my posts out of context to make them seem like they don't make sense when obviously they do.

rocketfuel
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Was saying that there is no chance either Bosh or James coming to houston being a homer? Was saying Melo would be a dumb signing being a homer? Was saying how stupid it was for DM to bring back Mchale being a homer? Was calling the signings of Covington and Daniels stupid being a homer? Was saying all throughout last season that houston at best would make the second round being a homer? Your just making stupid claims because you have no leg to stand on.

Also like how you try to take points in my posts out of context to make them seem like they don't make sense when obviously they do.

You're seriously delusional if you think your ranting about TMZ, Australia and the U.S. sound rational. They are really loony points. And, your examples are kind of dumb. Bosh and James are not likely to come here so what does that have to do with being a homer or not? A large contingent of Rocket fans are not sold on Carmelo and do not like McChale. Nice try with examples that do not prove anything and masquerading them as if they do.

Asik's better
07-09-2014, 09:43 PM
You're seriously delusional if you think your ranting about TMZ, Australia and the U.S. sound rational. They are really loony points. And, your examples are kind of dumb. Bosh and James are not likely to come here so what does that have to do with being a homer or not? A large contingent of Rocket fans are not sold on Carmelo and do not like McChale. Nice try with examples that do not prove anything and masquerading them as if they do.
TMZ was an example of how stories like these which shouldn't be stories become big stories. And the Australian vs US was used of how in different countries people perceive this story differently. Also a homer fan would believe the opposite of the examples I have given. Also like how you left off a couple examples because they didn't fit your narrative. But I get it, your loosing and argument so your grasping at straws by trying to take me context and calling me a homer. It's OK to admit your wrong.

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Was this just a long way around getting rid of Lin?

rocketfuel
07-10-2014, 04:35 PM
TMZ was an example of how stories like these which shouldn't be stories become big stories. And the Australian vs US was used of how in different countries people perceive this story differently. Also a homer fan would believe the opposite of the examples I have given. Also like how you left off a couple examples because they didn't fit your narrative. But I get it, your loosing and argument so your grasping at straws by trying to take me context and calling me a homer. It's OK to admit your wrong.

Because you can speak for people from two different countries. What an arrogant and ignorant statement. You can barely string together a coherent thought so don't try to speak for two different countries. LOL, ALL your examples are stupid. They merely point out the obvious and do not prove that you are not a homer. You are a major homer, sorry.

Asik's better
07-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Because you can speak for people from two different countries. What an arrogant and ignorant statement. You can barely string together a coherent thought so don't try to speak for two different countries. LOL, ALL your examples are stupid. They merely point out the obvious and do not prove that you are not a homer. You are a major homer, sorry.
I have never claimed to speak for two countries, their observations of how people in the two countries react. Again, a major homer would believe the opposite of the examples given. You still haven't given one example that proves I'm a homer. It's OK to admit your wrong.

Jamiecballer
07-10-2014, 07:55 PM
lol... You're insane if you think teams and front offices don't look at this ultimately as a business. I love sports, but I'm not so naive that I think my favorite franchises are best buddies with every player on the team and wouldn't trade them in a heartbeat for the right asset or the right price. If you think that, then feel free to skip around in la la land. I suppose ignorance is bliss.

As for me as a person, I assure you I'm plenty likable. My opinion on one particular argument does not make up 100% of the person I am any more than it does your or anyone else on PSD. If YOU honestly think that, than I seriously question your competence.
Whoever suggested it wasn't a business? I know I sure didn't.

You have to consider the possible cost of losing the respect and commitment of your employees against the potential gain in this situation. That's treating it like a business FYI.

There was nothing to gain by using Lin's number and a potential cost.

Ask yourself if a class organization like the Spurs would ever do this - the obvious answer is no.

It reflects poorly on the organization as it does you for supporting it.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Every time I see you post in this thread and see you say a team did something classless and then I see your sig I lol. A Patriots fan *****ing about another team being classless.

If we're going to start calling out teams for being classless then all anyone would ever talk about are these jerks front offices signing these jerk players to these jerk teams. Go troll the Redskins forum. Go troll the teams that signed people like Leonard Little or Donte Stallworth. Go troll Eli Manning and Kobe. Go troll Dan Gilbert. I could go on all ****ing day. Get over it.

You're actually making my point for me. I've called BB classless on multiple occasions. I've said he deserves all the backlash he gets for spy gate because he knew the rules and chose to break them. I wouldn't want anyone other than BB running my team because at the end of the day I think he's the best at his job. But I won't defend any of his actions that I think are classless. Unlike you, I don't feel the need to only say good things about my teams. If they act without class I'll call them classless.

mightybosstone
07-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Whoever suggested it wasn't a business? I know I sure didn't.

You have to consider the possible cost of losing the respect and commitment of your employees against the potential gain in this situation. That's treating it like a business FYI.

There was nothing to gain by using Line number and a potential cost.

Ask yourself if a class organization like the Spurs would ever do this - the obvious answer is no.

It reflects poorly on the organization as it does you for supporting Lin's

The Spurs don't have to, because they lucked into the greatest player/coach combination since MJ/Phil. But in an alternate reality where they didn't have the most consistent franchise of the last 20 years? Sure. Any team would do it in order to attract a marquee free agent if they felt like it would help them get a great player that would help their team win championships.

Saddletramp
07-10-2014, 10:10 PM
You're actually making my point for me. I've called BB classless on multiple occasions. I've said he deserves all the backlash he gets for spy gate because he knew the rules and chose to break them. I wouldn't want anyone other than BB running my team because at the end of the day I think he's the best at his job. But I won't defend any of his actions that I think are classless. Unlike you, I don't feel the need to only say good things about my teams. If they act without class I'll call them classless.

I said it was a dick move but it's been blown out of proportion. I don't recall anyone talking about this after the first day it was a thing because sports shows need talking points and this provided a few segments of everyone's shows. For a day or so . At the end of the day, it's a number. Calm down. Besides these two knuckleheads *****ing at each other back and forth, bosstone dropping more science and people like you, it's not even a talking point anymore.

Let it go.

rocketfuel
07-15-2014, 03:25 AM
I have never claimed to speak for two countries, their observations of how people in the two countries react. Again, a major homer would believe the opposite of the examples given. You still haven't given one example that proves I'm a homer. It's OK to admit your wrong.

You made really dumb generalizations about the people of two different countries, none of which you have any basis for. As I already repeatedly pointed out, you tried to masquerade the obvious as if they prove you're not a homer. Sorry, nice try. You're delusional. After 16 pages here of your homer opinions and countless others on the other topics, you want to pretend you're not a homer? Rationalizing Morey's actions about putting a number of a current player on a prospect's jersey? Or anytime there's some bad move by the Rockets, you're right there to give the homer view? Give me a break. You might be the biggest Rocket homer on here. Which would be fine by itself, but you have to be douchey and rude whenever someone has an opinion that's different than your Rocket manifesto.

Asik's better
07-15-2014, 04:17 AM
You made really dumb generalizations about the people of two different countries, none of which you have any basis for. As I already repeatedly pointed out, you tried to masquerade the obvious as if they prove you're not a homer. Sorry, nice try. You're delusional. After 16 pages here of your homer opinions and countless others on the other topics, you want to pretend you're not a homer? Rationalizing Morey's actions about putting a number of a current player on a prospect's jersey? Or anytime there's some bad move by the Rockets, you're right there to give the homer view? Give me a break. You might be the biggest Rocket homer on here. Which would be fine by itself, but you have to be douchey and rude whenever someone has an opinion that's different than your Rocket manifesto.
How am I homer? I keep asking the question and you don't give a proper answer. Your worse than a politician. I was being rude and douchey? I'm sorry but drink a cup of cement and harden the **** up. I look forward to your response in a week.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 05:02 AM
You guys both need to drop it because no one cares anymore. But this put a smile on my face:

Your worse than a politician......I'm sorry but drink a cup of cement and harden the **** up. I look forward to your response in a week.

Because it's true.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 05:33 AM
Funny how the Lakers were going after Melo and ended up with Lin.

What's even funnier is seeing the Rockets go after Melo, and they don't even get him AND they lose Lin.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 05:46 AM
Also, the Rockets in the process of losing Lin also lost a first rounder on top of that. I thought the Lakers had a horrible offseason, but the Rockets were even worse.

Lose Parsons, don't get Melo or Bosh (who was said to be a sure thing lol), get an older Ariza (Parson's ceiling is higher), lose Asik and Lin for basically nothing. Ouch.