PDA

View Full Version : Players That Actually "Made Everyone Better"....

Tony_Starks
07-02-2014, 01:08 PM
This term gets thrown around so loosely but what are your criteria? I go by things like the players competitiveness and will to win, the production of those who played with him, and the results. I have, in no particular order:

Magic
Nash
Hakeem
CP3
Bird
MJ
Kobe
C Webb
Stockton
Kidd

Minimal
07-02-2014, 01:26 PM
and yet you left out lbj, but cp3 is in place...

THE MTL
07-02-2014, 01:30 PM
You're being biased against Lebron he clearly makes his teammates better

Htownballa1622
07-02-2014, 01:31 PM
troll thread. Clearly leaving out Lebron was your agenda.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2014, 01:31 PM
lol wheres lebron

JNA17
07-02-2014, 01:32 PM
and yet you left out lbj, but cp3 is in place...

If Lebron made players better, how come Bosh went from a 24/12 player to a jump shooter? Or how Wade, an MVP finals candidate practically every year go from that to "OH HES DONE! HE'S WASHED UP!"

If Lebron actually made players "better", wouldn't Wade and Bosh you know, not suck.

Although this is kind of a troll thread that can emasculate very quickly and it will seem that I would be contributing to it so I will leave the thread at that.

Mr_Jones
07-02-2014, 01:34 PM
i hate this

JLynn943
07-02-2014, 01:35 PM
If Lebron made players better, how come Bosh went from a 24/12 player to a jump shooter? Or how Wade, an MVP finals candidate practically every year go from that to "OH HES DONE! HE'S WASHED UP!"

If Lebron actually made players "better", wouldn't Wade and Bosh you know, not suck.

Although this is kind of a troll thread that can emasculate very quickly and it will seem that I would be contributing to it so I will leave the thread at that.

Easy. Bosh is being horribly misused and Wade has the knees of a 50 year old man, but you already know that.

flea
07-02-2014, 01:36 PM
If Kobe makes people better then why did he run off the best player he ever played with? If Duncan doesn't make people better then why are his teams consistently among the leaders in defensive efficiency, and in recent years, offensive efficiency? Such loose terms for this thread. If ballhogs like Kobe make guys better then Lebron certainly does, even if he's mostly a drive-and-kick guy.

BobbyHillSwag
07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Lebron doesn't actually make players better.

ManRam

He's carried them further than they had business. Making the team better = making players better. Of course Wade and Bosh aren't going to put up career best counting numbers playing on a team with 2 other stars.

The guy's arguably the most unselfish star player in the game. That's all that needs to be said.

Aren't you all getting sick of the juvenile junk? We get it, Kobe fans love Kobe, LeBron fans love LeBron. Might as well attempt to not look like a jealous/obsessive/petty fan and move along.

Tony_Starks
The thread has nothing to do with Lebron. If you truly feel he makes everyone better you've been in hibernation for four years and/or don't watch basketball, you just skim through it.

Carry on.

JLynn943
I've personally never seen anyone make his teammates better more so than Steve Nash did. How people like Kobe and CP3 are even on the same list as Nash is crazy. That is seriously watering down the idea of making the players around you better.

Slade123
07-02-2014, 01:38 PM
If Lebron made players better, how come Bosh went from a 24/12 player to a jump shooter?

If you don't know why you should just stop watching basketball.

Or how Wade, an MVP finals candidate practically every year go from that to "OH HES DONE! HE'S WASHED UP!"

I didn't know that Lebron could fight back Father Time for his team mates. Wade sucks because he's old and injury prone. Not even MJ or Magic can make him better.

Good idea.

nickdymez
07-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Lmfao @the LeBron fans in here. Why is it that every time they lose in the playoffs, it's his teammates fault? If he makes them better? Weird.

Minimal
07-02-2014, 01:39 PM

not sure if srs. all i'm gonna say is cleveland with lebron 66-16 cleveland without lebron 19-63

Slade123
07-02-2014, 01:40 PM
The thread has nothing to do with Lebron. If you truly feel he makes everyone better you've been in hibernation for four years and/or don't watch basketball, you just skim through it.

Carry on.

And yet you have Kobe on the list...nothing more needs to be said.

bucketss
07-02-2014, 01:42 PM
this dude is turning into one of the biggest trolls in this forum, kobe ****ing bryant? you gotta be kidding me.

nickdymez
07-02-2014, 01:43 PM
not sure if srs. all i'm gonna say is cleveland with lebron 66-16 cleveland without lebron 19-63
Lol. Cleveland had a whole new team and different coach.

nickdymez
07-02-2014, 01:44 PM
SO apparently on this site, if you like anything Kobe Bryant, you're a troll

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2014, 01:44 PM
He's carried them further than they had business. Making the team better = making players better. Of course Wade and Bosh aren't going to put up career best counting numbers playing on a team with 2 other stars.

The guy's arguably the most unselfish star player in the game. That's all that needs to be said.

Aren't you all getting sick of the juvenile junk? We get it, Kobe fans love Kobe, LeBron fans love LeBron. Might as well attempt to not look like a jealous/obsessive/petty fan and move along.

doesnt make sense

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2014, 01:45 PM
this dude is turning into one of the biggest trolls in this forum, kobe ****ing bryant? you gotta be kidding me.

:facepalm:

Minimal
07-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Lebron doesn't actually make players better.
yeah, tell that to mister all star mo williams. who went from shooting .436 with lebron to .265 without him from 3 point line.

Minimal
07-02-2014, 01:47 PM
doesnt make sense
logic is no friend? by making your teammtes better, the team plays better and vice versa

Chronz
07-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Magic, big o, stockton, Nash

Can't think of too many that I can say with complete certainty, maybe Shaq

AIRMAR72
07-02-2014, 01:48 PM
This term gets thrown around so loosely but what are your criteria? I go by things like the players competitiveness and will to win, the production of those who played with him, and the results. I have, in no particular order:

Magic
Nash
Hakeem
CP3
Bird
MJ
Kobe
C Webb
Stockton
Kiddnice list but kobe proven he Doesn't make anybody or a TEAM better replace him with Andre Miller or Mark Price Avery Johnson kevin Johnson Chris is a solid choice but Tim Duncan shluld also be on that list

bucketss
07-02-2014, 01:48 PM

laker fans rarley know what they're talking about.

firstly do u actualy expect bosh to put those same numbers up as a third option? he has become more efficient and puts up exactly whats expected of him. wow, basketball iq = 0

seconldy, wade has also become more efficient but if you havent noticed hes been battling knee problems which makes far less explosive as he use to be.

Ebbs
07-02-2014, 01:49 PM
LeBron and Shaq are noticeable absent. I'd also like to add Bill Russell.

I'd take off J Kidd his inability to hit a shot limited him early on.

Chronz
07-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Well that's mostly because they lost Bron, topic asks something else

True Sports Fan
07-02-2014, 01:50 PM

Carry on.

And yet you have Kobe on the list...nothing more needs to be said. :laugh:

Chronz
07-02-2014, 01:51 PM
LeBron and Shaq are noticeable absent. I'd also like to add Bill Russell.

I'd take off J Kidd his inability to hit a shot limited him early on.
Russ? We counting defense?

Tony_Starks
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Magic, big o, stockton, Nash

Can't think of too many that I can say with complete certainty, maybe Shaq

You wouldn't put prime C Webb in the mix? He was really the point forward of those classic Sac teams and had J Williams and Bibby looking like all world PGs. Even revived Vlades career...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
logic is no friend? by making your teammtes better, the team plays better and vice versa

by adding lebron, it will make every team better but that doesnt exactly make his teammates better. Look what happened with the Heat...Bosh and Wade's production has dropped off significantly.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-02-2014, 01:55 PM
I dont think Lebron makes everyone better. I think he helps shooters get open and he has the passing ability to get it to them whenever he wants. Thats huge, Lebron with shooters is deadly and almost unstoppable.

But no matter how good of a player Lebron is, not every player is a great fit with him. I mean people can say he is in vast decline, but do people really think Bosh would be strictly a square up shooter on another team? No. Bosh's game isnt elevated by playing with Lebron. This is why I think people go so over the top with the Heat being the most talented team ever assembled. I dont think they get the most out of the their second and third best players.

So no, in my opinion Lebron doesnt make every player better. I think he greatly elevates shooters, but I dont think he optimizes the talents of everyone. But at the same time, are there any players who make everyone a better player?

My first thought was Steve Nash.

Minimal
07-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Well that's mostly because they lost Bron, topic asks something else
yeah and thats why the players started to play worse, because there was no more bron, hence their record.

bucketss
07-02-2014, 02:00 PM
people list gasol in why kobe makes others better, isn't gasol called a wuss by most of his fans? didn't he get blamed 100% for the 2008 finals loss? outside of two playoff runs, seems like he has been completly destroying paus confidence, calling him SOFT on national tv, telling him to pick up his big boy pants even though his wasn't on. gasols progression has all to do with phils coaching and none to do with kobe "throw my teammates under the bus" bryant.

Minimal
07-02-2014, 02:03 PM
by adding lebron, it will make every team better but that doesnt exactly make his teammates better. Look what happened with the Heat...Bosh and Wade's production has dropped off significantly.
dropped off significally? they were stars on their own teams, ofcourse its gonna drop off, even lebrons numbers dropped of in some way, but they all became more efficient which is better for a team, bosh became a system player, because he was forced to spread the floor, its not because of lebron, its because of teams system, wade just got older and his numbers fell off, but are there only 3 players on the team? did you check miamis fg percentages last couple of years? did you check how many shooters shot over .400 from 3 in those years?

Method28
07-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Magic
Stockton
Nash
Cp3
Hakeem
And Bird

These players consistently found their open teammates and gave them the best chance at succeeding. Nash and Cp3 are very similar in the aspect that they can get to any spot on the court and are two of the best at creating WIDE open jumpers for their team.

If the teammates make them is a different story lol But those above are the ones that stick out to me most.

bgdreton
07-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Don't worry guys this thread will turn into Kobe vs Bron or somehow how Bron is better than Bird or Jordan. Whatever these threads are super lame and annoying. I'm over anything Lebron vs whomever.

bucketss
07-02-2014, 02:10 PM
dropped off significally? they were stars on their own teams, ofcourse its gonna drop off, even lebrons numbers dropped of in some way, but they all became more efficient which is better for a team, bosh became a system player, because he was forced to spread the floor, its not because of lebron, its because of teams system, wade just got older and his numbers fell off, but are there only 3 players on the team? did you check miamis fg percentages last couple of years? did you check how many shooters shot over .400 from 3 in those years?

most of them don't know what they're talking about, and they clearly forget the fact wade is playing on bum knees, maybe they don't remember how explosive wade use to be?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Yay bait threads!

Jarvo
07-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Duncan/ Parker