PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks and Carmelo Anthony

Redrum187
07-01-2014, 10:29 PM
As we know, there are numerous teams seeking the services of Carmelo Anthony (as well as other top-free agents). How good do you think the Dallas Mavericks would be if they are successful in luring Carmelo Anthony and retaining their other pieces? Would this be a good, neutral, or bad decision for Carmelo Anthony in comparison to his other potential suitors? Assuming all other teams are kept on projected status quo, where would you rank the Dallas Mavericks?

PG: Devin Harris/Raymond Felton
SG: Monta Ellis/Vince Carter
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Shawn Marion
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/DeJuan Blair
C : Tyson Chandler/Brandan Wright

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 10:31 PM
This doesn't need it's own thread.

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 10:32 PM
But since every other thread is about lebron why not?

goingfor28
07-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Lebron

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Lebron

This

Redrum187
07-01-2014, 10:37 PM
This doesn't need it's own thread.

I don't see why not. It's a very realistic possibility and it's intention is to gather perceived thoughts on this particular scenario. I'm not sure what you think the prerequisite are for a thread but I apologize if this offends/annoys you.

bulls_world23
07-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Zero chance he goes to Dallas

KnicksorBust
07-01-2014, 10:39 PM
The Mavericks often the worst long term situation for Melo and cant even offer more money. Dallas forum maybe but you dont what if thread every rumored team in the main. That would make the main forum... well... exactly what it has become.

Redrum187
07-01-2014, 10:39 PM

I wasn't made aware I asked for the "possibility" of Carmelo Anthony going to Dallas. You answered something that was not asked... I guess that is your right to do so, however, I feel it doesn't add any relevance to this thread.

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 10:40 PM

Could you troll anymore?

I would say a zero chance he goes to teams not on his meeting list.

Dallas other than NY probably holds the best chance

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 10:40 PM
LeBron

Redrum187
07-01-2014, 10:41 PM
The Mavericks often the worst long term situation for Melo and cant even offer more money. Dallas forum maybe but you dont what if thread every rumored team in the main. That would make the main forum... well... exactly what it has become.

This wasn't a thread posting the "rumor" that the Dallas Mavericks are interested in Carmelo Anthony. This was a thread asking a question about perceived thoughts assuming this scenario went down (which is relatively possible/not far-fetched). If it was just to declare or make known the Dallas Maverick's interest in Carmelo Anthony, then I get your point and would completely agree.

Aust
07-01-2014, 10:46 PM
That's a nice roster. How much cap space does Dallas have?

Redrum187
Could you troll anymore?

I would say a zero chance he goes to teams not on his meeting list.

Dallas other than NY probably holds the best chance

I think he, being a Chicago Bulls fan, wants to believe there is a "zero chance" that Carmelo Anthony goes to the Dallas Mavericks. I don't care where Carmelo Anthony goes personally. I'm not a fan of any team. I think the Mavericks would be incredibly balanced in all aspects of the game with the addition of Carmelo Anthony. Having said that, I think Dallas should try to acquire Pau Gasol and Chandler Parsons. That would be better than Carmelo Anthony alone. Though, I don't think the Mavericks have any interest in this as plan A.

PG: Devin Harris/Raymond Felton
SG: Monta Ellis/Vince Carter
SF: Chandler Parsons/Shawn Marion
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Brandan Wright
C : Pau Gasol/Tyson Chandler

ChitownSports16
By far the worst defense he can play in.

Redrum187
07-01-2014, 10:48 PM
That's a nice roster. How much cap space does Dallas have?

They have roughly 28-30 million currently (without having to ship anyone out).

ThuglifeJ
07-01-2014, 10:50 PM
The defense is suspect. However that would be lethal for teams to try and stop Ellis' drive and then have to worry about Melo and Dirk, and shooters. See a lot of potential there. It'd be a risk on both sides and I don't see it really happening but it sure would be exciting. It could work well.

Redrum187
07-01-2014, 10:54 PM
By far the worst defense he can play in.

I definitely don't think this is "the worst" defense he could playing in. I wouldn't say it's the best, but I think they would be relatively solid defensively. Dirk Nowitzki is a solid defender, despite popular opinion. Tyson Chandler (assuming he is healthy, which is a huge assumption) is a defensive player of the year caliber center, Shawn Marion is an amazing wing defender, and Coach Carlisle knows how to mask a lot of his team's defensive deficiencies.

What makes you think this would be the worst place for him defensively other than you want Carmelo Anthony to play in Chicago?

Redrum187
07-01-2014, 10:57 PM
The defense is suspect. However that would be lethal for teams to try and stop Ellis' drive and then have to worry about Melo and Dirk, and shooters. See a lot of potential there. It'd be a risk on both sides and I don't see it really happening but it sure would be exciting. It could work well.

Nice color! lol

What part of their defense do you think would suffer or need improvement on the most? Btw, thanks for actually answering the questions I asked. lol

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Gonna close because we've got multiple threads discussing this.