PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bulls reluctant to amnesty Boozer; Tuesday deadline

Pages : [1] 2

beasted86
07-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Money is tight as Carmelo Anthony heads into free agency.

It must make Anthony crazy, what with Phil Jackson calling him out again in public to take a pay cut to return to the Knicks. And then Melo’s top suitors, starting one minute after midnight Monday night, still trying to find ways to come up with the kind of cash that will make Anthony want to uproot his family and move away from the NBA’s No. 1 stage.

The Bulls have not given any indication that they’re going to create the cap space for Anthony by using their one-time amnesty clause on Carlos Boozer. Inside the team’s executive offices, there was a genuine fear as of Friday that owner Jerry Reinsdorf won’t give his go-ahead to have Boozer’s $16.8 million lopped off the books. He’s as opposed to paying a player to walk away as he is to forking over even a dime in luxury tax.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-teams-free-cash-carmelo-anthony-ear-article-1.1847672

It's the NY Daily News so take it as it is.

FYL_McVeezy
07-01-2014, 10:00 PM
I believe this to be true....it's a known fact how cheap Bulls ownership is....

Its gonna be a huge issue for him to pay Boozer 17 million to go away....

FOXHOUND
07-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Nothing about that is surprising, based on what we've seen from Jerry Reinsdorf all of these years. Daily News or not this is pretty much a no brainer.

Crackadalic
07-01-2014, 10:01 PM
So this pretty much eliminates the bulls since there owner is being cheap

Tony_Starks
07-01-2014, 10:03 PM
They keep hoping someone will help them out with a trade but I don't see it happening.....

3ballbomber
07-01-2014, 10:06 PM
that's bad news if Chi keeps Boozer.

Aust
07-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Cheap owners annoy me.

FOXHOUND
07-01-2014, 10:09 PM

Not necessarily, it just means that Melo's path to the Bulls would have to go through a sign and trade with the Knicks. This would be great for the Knicks if they have to lose Melo because Phil would hold all of the cards. Boozer would cost the Knicks $40M next season between his salary and the luxury tax expenses he would contribute to.

Can you say, Boozer, Mirotic + 1st round pick/s?

Max.This
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
people were saying "oh they can easily shed his contract by amnesty" no ****... but the owner doesnt want to

Ezio
07-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Utah and LA already shown interest in Boozer :shrug:

DR_1
07-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Not being reported anywhere else.

/endthread

beasted86
07-01-2014, 10:16 PM
In case the title wasn't clear, that's next week Tuesday

Wade n Fade
07-01-2014, 10:17 PM
No team should take Boozer back at his current cap rate even if they're not going anywhere. You can buy more first rounders w/ $17 mill than taking back Boozer.

beasted86

For free? Cap space only?

I tend to think they would want something more. Butler... Mirotic... future picks... something... anything...

CityofTreez

You always eliminate the Bulls from any big FA signing, that's a rule!

FOXHOUND
07-01-2014, 10:18 PM

Utah I can see, with them being so far from the salary cap floor.

Not sure why LA would be interested.

Either team would demand assets to take him and clear that much cap space for Chicago. At that point why not just orchestrate a SnT with New York and guarantee you get Melo?

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 10:20 PM

/endthread

I've seen a lot of reports on this,

Leave thread open

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 10:21 PM
End him already, I'd love to see him end up with the Lakers.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Not necessarily, it just means that Melo's path to the Bulls would have to go through a sign and trade with the Knicks. This would be great for the Knicks if they have to lose Melo because Phil would hold all of the cards. Boozer would cost the Knicks $40M next season between his salary and the luxury tax expenses he would contribute to.

Can you say, Boozer, Mirotic + 1st round pick/s?

If I'm Phil I press them for McDermott

LakerShow
07-01-2014, 10:32 PM
End him already, I'd love to see him end up with the Lakers.

Please don't day words like that. We don't want anymore trash.

FOXHOUND
07-01-2014, 10:38 PM
If I'm Phil I press them for McDermott

That's possible too. Boozer, Mirotic's rights and McDermott would be a nice haul.

DarkKnight
07-01-2014, 10:39 PM

Leave thread open
ha ha haaaaaa :laugh:

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Please don't day words like that. We don't want anymore trash.

Kobe won't like it if you guys do nothing, they have to do some moves no matter how big or small.

LakerShow
07-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Kobe won't like it if you guys do nothing, they have to do some moves no matter how big or small.

I rather let young randle get the minutes. I do see us making additions to the team, Monroe, Lowry, Ariza, and others have been rumored. I think we will get some people. :)

cabana
07-01-2014, 10:50 PM
The deadline is July 16...which is a Wednesday.

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 10:51 PM
I rather let young randle get the minutes. I do see us making additions to the team, Monroe, Lowry, Ariza, and others have been rumored. I think we will get some people. :)

I hope so, Seeing Ariza go back would be cool.

DR_1
07-01-2014, 10:51 PM

Leave thread open

Not recent ones. /endthread

SPURSFAN1
07-01-2014, 10:53 PM
People act like 17 million is an easy decision. rofl

ChitownSports16
07-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Jerry was at the "Dinner" with the rest of them. Don't know if that means he's all in or anything at all.

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Melo must be giving them mixed emotions?

DarkKnight
07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Jerry was at the "Dinner" with the rest of them. Don't know if that means he's all in or anything at all.

he's there to make sure Noah or Rose doesn't expense it

Redrum187
07-01-2014, 11:03 PM
I might be missing something here. If the Chicago Bull's management refuses to amnesty Carlos Boozer, people are saying the Knicks will hold the cards in a sign and trade with the Bulls. My question is, WHY would the Knicks even consider helping Chicago out with a sign an trade when the Bulls have no leverage? High draft picks? Would it really be enough to take back salary AND help a rival team? I guess I don't see the motive/incentive behind it unless there is something I'm clearly not seeing.

I think the Bulls should definitely amnesty if it's the make or break for obtaining Carmelo Anthony. As a fan, it's easy to speak our mind about millions of dollars and how cheap an organization is. I don't think any of us can really sympathize or understand this though.

*Superman*
07-01-2014, 11:05 PM

/endthread

Pretty sure it's

/thread

;)

DarkKnight
07-01-2014, 11:05 PM
my eyes

cssdmark
07-01-2014, 11:16 PM
I might be missing something here. If the Chicago Bull's management refuses to amnesty Carlos Boozer, people are saying the Knicks will hold the cards in a sign and trade with the Bulls. My question is, WHY would the Knicks even consider helping Chicago out with a sign an trade when the Bulls have no leverage? High draft picks? Would it really be enough to take back salary AND help a rival team? I guess I don't see the motive/incentive behind it unless there is something I'm clearly not seeing.

I think the Bulls should definitely amnesty if it's the make or break for obtaining Carmelo Anthony. As a fan, it's easy to speak our mind about millions of dollars and how cheap an organization is. I don't think any of us can really sympathize or understand this though.
Thank you

SPURSFAN1
07-01-2014, 11:18 PM

Because you don't cut your nose to spite your face. If they know Melo is going to leave for sure. Why not get Boozer in return.

cssdmark
07-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Bulls must want Melo to force the Knicks hand but Phil already said he is not interested in any package that includes Boozer. He did not say he would not be interested in a package but it has to make sense and help the knicks rebuild. THe Knicks have more leverage than the Bulls. I personally think Melo wants to stay in New York but we will see.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Because you don't cut your nose to spite your face. If they know Melo is going to leave for sure. Why not get Boozer in return.

Because he will cost $40+ in luxury tax but won't help the team much if any from still being a lottery team.

Bulls would have to include something worth taking his contract. A couple young prospects or draft picks... maybe also take JR Smith off my hands.

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 11:27 PM

But they're still reports

Leave thread open

pacofunk64
07-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Just maybe you would think Paxon would have had this talk with ole Jerry prior to rolling out the red carpet for Melo. I dont know just a thought because I truly believe this story. Jerry being a business man has to clearly see the upside of business if Melo were to sign. Outweighs the 17 mil to amnesty Booz.

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 11:28 PM
he's there to make sure Noah or Rose doesn't expense it

Melo be like

Are you picking up the tab or nah?

SPURSFAN1
07-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Because he will cost $40+ in luxury tax but won't help the team much if any from still being a lottery team.

Bulls would have to include something worth taking his contract. A couple young prospects or draft picks... maybe also take JR Smith off my hands.

How was Melo working out for them?

FOXHOUND
07-01-2014, 11:32 PM

Because if Melo wants to leave the Knicks he can. He can go to Dallas or LA if he wants, if Chicago isn't in the cards financially.

But more important Phil only wants Melo back if Melo wants to be back. All he's talked about is alacrity from the players on buying into the system and culture he is trying to build in New York. If Melo comes to him and says hey, I don't want to be here then Phil will not try to force him to stay. He will flip him for assets to accelerate the rebuild.

cssdmark
07-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Explain please. Get boozer so you can let him put you in the luxury so he will cost you 40 mil, then let him walk because he does not fit in your system. OK so what is the benefit to the knicks it will cost them money and they cannot use him, sounds like a good deal.

Shmontaine
07-01-2014, 11:43 PM
such a troll thread by a jilted knicks fan..

why would the bulls amnesty boozer before they have to? they can get a commitment from melo/or whomever to sign based on a boozer amnesty, then use that as leverage for a trade to get more money.

i would be shocked if boozer is a bull after july 16th.

kozelkid
07-01-2014, 11:49 PM

Let's ignore the fact that he has already done it twice back with Eddie Robinson and Tim Thomas. And let's ignore the fact that this "cheap owner" bought Jay Williams out for 3 million after he suffered from that motorcycle accident, when Jerry could have just as easily voided the contract for the explicit part indicating that Jay was to NOT partake in certain risky activities including riding a motorcycle.

"(Chairman) Jerry Reinsdorf and (then-general manager) John Paxson were great to work with. Nobody said they had to take care of me for an extra year after I got hurt.

"They kept me on medical insurance through surgery after surgery. They showed me the family style that the organization was run by. I have no words to explain what they did for me. I'm thankful to them for the rest of my life."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-05-27/sports/ct-spt-0528-bulls-dwyane-wade-chicago20100527_1_bulls-wade-jerry-reinsdorf

In any event, this is the NY Daily News. I'll believe it when I see it.

kozelkid
07-01-2014, 11:50 PM
That's possible too. Boozer, Mirotic's rights and McDermott would be a nice haul.

Not a chance of happening. At best, they'll probably settle on Boozer, Mirotic, maybe a pick or two and agree to take JR's contract who could prove to have some value for the Bulls bench scoring anyway.

DarkKnight
07-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Knick fans Jilted , most really don't want him back and the rest think Melo is coming back. Jilted not here

DarkKnight
07-01-2014, 11:54 PM
in regards to buyouts ,all three contract are about the same as to Boozers one year

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 11:55 PM
such a troll thread by a jilted knicks fan..

why would the bulls amnesty boozer before they have to? they can get a commitment from melo/or whomever to sign based on a boozer amnesty, then use that as leverage for a trade to get more money.

i would be shocked if boozer is a bull after july 16th.

Jilled? Brah you do realize half of the Knicks fan base don't want him back.

It's funny how Bulls fans a year ago wouldn't put Melo in the top 15, now he's better than Michael Jordan.

It's crazy how y'all hopped on his dick once he became a free agent. But I know for a fact you guys will go back to hating him when he signs elsewhere!

DarkKnight
07-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Bingo we have a winner, this is basically most fanbases comedy

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Reports are Derrick Rose had to work out in front of Melo to show he's not injured

:laugh: like seriously, they're treating him as if he's better than Michael Jordan

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 12:03 AM

It's funny how Bulls fans a year ago wouldn't put Melo in the top 15, now he's better than Michael Jordan.

It's crazy how y'all hopped on his dick once he became a free agent. But I know for a fact you guys will go back to hating him when he signs elsewhere!

This was about a new york article trying to say that the bulls wont use amnesty on boozer. this is a troll thread. please tell me what makes JR a cheap owner?

when did i hate melo? when did i like melo?

keep making things up, it's working.

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Reports are Derrick Rose had to work out in front of Melo to show he's not injured

:laugh: like seriously, they're treating him as if he's better than Michael Jordan

well there was that time that when the bulls were trying to sign free agent michael jordan from new york...

mightybosstone
07-02-2014, 12:07 AM
All of this unnecessary dick measuring aside, does anyone know when the actual deadline is for Chicago to amnesty Boozer? I've read that it's July 1, but if that's the case, why aren't more media making a big deal out of this? The way I see it, there's just no way the Bulls can get Melo without getting ride of Boozer's contract. And I can't imagine any team would be willing to take that contract on without sending back any salary in return.

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 12:09 AM
If Boozer is so good he should go to the spurs and we will take Duncan. I am starting too see from this site that common sense is not that common.

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 12:11 AM
All of this unnecessary dick measuring aside, does anyone know when the actual deadline is for Chicago to amnesty Boozer? I've read that it's July 1, but if that's the case, why aren't more media making a big deal out of this? The way I see it, there's just no way the Bulls can get Melo without getting ride of Boozer's contract. And I can't imagine any team would be willing to take that contract on without sending back any salary in return.
Maybe Utah but not the Lakers, they will not help Chicago they are tring to get Melo to sign in LA

D1JM
07-02-2014, 12:12 AM

7 days after the July moratorium. so july 17 or 16. something like that

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 12:12 AM
great post

Aust
07-02-2014, 12:14 AM

dat you Phil?

D1JM
07-02-2014, 12:15 AM
68. What is the Amnesty provision?

Amnesty is a one-time opportunity for teams to release one player via the waiver process (see question number 64) and remove him from their team salary and luxury tax computations. For a player to be eligible for the Amnesty provision he must be on his team's roster continuously from July 1, 2011 to the date he is amnestied, without any new contract, extension, renegotiation or other amendment to his contract in the meantime. Players who were waived prior to July 1, 2011 and are still receiving guaranteed salary are also eligible. Teams cannot amnesty players they sign, receive in trade, extend, renegotiate, or otherwise amend after July 1, 2011.

Amnesty can be used prior to the 2011-12 through 2015-16 seasons, although teams may use the provision only once in total -- not once per season. For the 2011-12 season the Amnesty provision was available from December 9-16, 2011. For the 2012-13 through 2015-16 seasons it is available for the first seven days that follow the July moratorium (see question number 103). The waiver period for amnestied players is 48 hours, the same as for all other waivers.

103. What is the July Moratorium?

It is a period during the month of July in which teams may not sign most free agents or make trades. Free agents become free on July 1, but the salary cap is not set until the league's audit is completed later in the month. Teams and players must wait for the salary cap to be set before trades and most free agent signings can commence. Teams may negotiate with free agents beginning July 1, but they have to wait until the moratorium ends before signing a contract. The dates for the July Moratorium are as follows:

2014-15 July 1-9, 2014

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 12:21 AM
If Melo decides to leave to Chicago I would do a S&T it just would not include Boozer I would rather take back 10-12 mil with other players and get a big trade exception, no Boozer. Chicago should just amnesty Boozer bottomline, so people can stop posting ridiculous post on why the Knicks should or have to take Boozer. READ PHIL'S LIPS NO TRADE PACKAGE WITH BOOZER!

mightybosstone
07-02-2014, 12:22 AM
7 days after the July moratorium. so july 17 or 16. something like that

Thank you for a legitimate answer to a legitimate question. With that answered, it seems like this whole "will they or won't they amnesty Boozer" discussion is kind of a moot point right now. Before the Bulls do anything with Boozer, they need some kind of assurance from a quality free agent that he does, in fact, want to come to Chicago. If a key free agent says, "I want to play with the Bulls next season" and that player is a better basketball player than Carlos Boozer, then he is likely to get amnestied. If that isn't the case, then the Bulls have no reason to amnesty the guy.

It's as simple as that. Everyone else who is arguing like drunk sorority girls over the last jello shot needs to just shut the **** up.

chitownbulls
07-02-2014, 12:23 AM

Lol give me the name of one Bulls poster who's said he's top 10. And the only reason they're doing so much to ensure Anthony comes here is because they know how vital he would be to the success of the team this year. Like I said, you're they guy that says you don't want him, but are bashing on other teams because you are blatantly upset that Anthony may actually choose a town not named to New York and help your franchise reach another season of mediocrity.

chitownbulls
07-02-2014, 12:26 AM
If Melo decides to leave to Chicago I would do a S&T it just would not include Boozer I would rather take back 10-12 mil with other players and get a big trade exception, no Boozer. Chicago should just amnesty Boozer bottomline, so people can stop posting ridiculous post on why the Knicks should or have to take Boozer. READ PHIL'S LIPS NO TRADE PACKAGE WITH BOOZER!

They don't necessarily have to trade Boozer to you guys. I'd happily package Boozer, Butler, and MDJ to a taker, freeing up more than enough cap room for Melo. And if you really still need a s&t you could get Mirotic. That way the Bulls aren't giving up the whole farm, and all teams involved get youth.

SPURSFAN1
07-02-2014, 12:27 AM
If Boozer is so good he should go to the spurs and we will take Duncan. I am starting too see from this site that common sense is not that common.

Tim Duncan has a no trade clause.

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 12:28 AM
Lol give me the name of one Bulls poster who's said he's top 10. And the only reason they're doing so much to ensure Anthony comes here is because they know how vital he would be to the success of the team this year. Like I said, you're they guy that says you don't want him, but are bashing on other teams because you are blatantly upset that Anthony may actually choose a town not named to New York and help your franchise reach another season of mediocrity. Your that guy who will be upset when he does not choose Chicago and the other free agents decide not to sign with Chicago for a 2nd time. Now we are talking jilted fan base.

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 12:29 AM

this is what i think will happen, but this will make the bulls lose their MLE and BI exceptions, which would be unfortunate.

i think that utah may be a willing partner to take boozers contract and possible the rights to mirotic or something for the favor. he's said to be coming over this summer.

either way, boozer will not be on the bulls july 17th IMO.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Ian Begley @IanBegley about 7 minutes ago
Sources: #Knicks have no interest in getting Boozer in a sign & trade, @Chris Broussard reports: espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id… via @ESPNNewYork
Ian Begley
Ian Begley @IanBegley about 14 minutes ago
Latest on Carmelo: #Knicks expect to get last meeting w/Melo & Dwight's eager to "sell" Melo on Houston. More here: espn.go.com/blog/new-york/…
Reply Retweet Favorit

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 12:37 AM
I would like Melo to return but I am unsure if a Phil really wants him, some article indicate yes and others indicate not really. Worst come to worst we sign him at max and if Phil believes it will not work after a year with Melo in the triangle I would love a trade with Phoenix, nice young players and assets.

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Sources: #Knicks have no interest in getting Boozer in a sign & trade, @Chris Broussard reports: espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id… via @ESPNNewYork
Ian Begley
Latest on Carmelo: #Knicks expect to get last meeting w/Melo & Dwight's eager to "sell" Melo on Houston. More here: espn.go.com/blog/new-york/…
Reply Retweet Favorit

broussard being wrong would be so surprising...

I think he could go to houston or nyk. it's definitely going to be a long week.

Aust
07-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Ian Begley
Reply Retweet Favorit

lol what happened to all that talk of Dwight not recruiting anyone and staying away from all that jazz?

chitownbulls
07-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Your that guy who will be upset when he does not choose Chicago and the other free agents decide not to sign with Chicago for a 2nd time. Now we are talking jilted fan base.

Not really, I know even without Melo we're a 50 win team at least. You're putting all your eggs in a crappy roste, and hoping and praying on the 2015 free agency, when chances are you could end up with nothing. Just like 2010. Good luck bro, your Knicks are gonna need it.

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 12:45 AM
I would like Melo to return but I am unsure if a Phil really wants him, some article indicate yes and others indicate not really. Worst come to worst we sign him at max and if Phil believes it will not work after a year with Melo in the triangle I would love a trade with Phoenix, nice young players and assets.

phil has to want him. i think he's trying to play mind games..

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 12:45 AM
broussard being wrong would be so surprising...

I think he could go to houston or nyk. It's definitely going to be a long week.

it is going to be long lol

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 12:50 AM
peace

xxplayerxx23
07-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Not really, I know even without Melo we're a 50 win team at least. You're putting all your eggs in a crappy roste, and hoping and praying on the 2015 free agency, when chances are you could end up with nothing. Just like 2010. Good luck bro, your Knicks are gonna need it.

Not all in 015. 016 is another year. We have a competent front office man now, don't need the luck but thanks for it :D

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 12:52 AM
Why are people quoting themselves lol

D1JM
07-02-2014, 12:53 AM
Thank you for a legitimate answer to a legitimate question. With that answered, it seems like this whole "will they or won't they amnesty Boozer" discussion is kind of a moot point right now. Before the Bulls do anything with Boozer, they need some kind of assurance from a quality free agent that he does, in fact, want to come to Chicago. If a key free agent says, "I want to play with the Bulls next season" and that player is a better basketball player than Carlos Boozer, then he is likely to get amnestied. If that isn't the case, then the Bulls have no reason to amnesty the guy.

It's as simple as that. Everyone else who is arguing like drunk sorority girls over the last jello shot needs to just shut the **** up.

i dont understand the title though. tuesday deadline?

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 12:54 AM

Peace

Raps18-19 Champ
07-02-2014, 12:56 AM
:laugh2:

The hell you quote yourself for?

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 12:58 AM

The hell you quote yourself for?
lol. Goodnight

Quinnsanity
07-02-2014, 01:03 AM
I'm calling Phil's bluff on the Boozer thing. Boozer's contract is an expiring. He knows that without Melo he's not winning next year's title anyway (or even with him), and Dolan doesn't mind doling out the extra luxury tax payments if Phil assures him he has a plan. I think he's just trying to extort as much as possible out of Chicago. I assume he'll start things off with Nikola Mirotic, Jimmy Butler and multiple picks. He obviously won't get all of that, but if he takes Boozer he knows he can at least get Mirotic and a draft pick or two. After all, why let someone else steal the promising Mirotic just because you didn't want to take one year of Boozer. Next year is a tank year for the Knicks.

chitownbulls
07-02-2014, 01:03 AM
lol. Goodnight

goodnight boo

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 01:06 AM

No we are rebuilding and trying to keep our star, we are not trying to help Chicago, Houston, Dallas or LA win. If you take him you take him but you are not getting any help from us to help you take him unless at a good price. With Melo you are a 50 plus win team in the East.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 01:11 AM
I :love: bulls fans :laugh:

cutiepie80
07-02-2014, 01:20 AM
New York is the MECCA of basketball. :rolleyes:

KINGBAIZE
07-02-2014, 01:21 AM
I don't think this eliminates us at all... what it does do is make C. Anthony choose between extra guaranteed contractual guap after the next 4 yrs or becoming a CHAMPION for the next 5-6 yrs and surpassing that extra 30 mil in endorsments anyway!.

I have a gut feeling that Melo will take the pay cut, initially, then when it's time to re-negotiate Rose's contract, he will take a pay cut due to sitting the last 2 yrs w/ injuries. That allows flexibility on re negotiating Noah, Gibson, and Melo's future contracts & allow us to keep our entire starting 5, another 5-7 years like San Antonio's run. I still see Chicago as Rose's team, ... no matter what the haters say, I know that D. Rose is a once in a lifetime player, and the injuries are just gonna make his story that much more legendary in the end.

Rose
Butler
Anthony
Gibson
Noah

Augustine
Snell
McDourmett
Mirotic
P. Gasol

^^^ 6 PEAT DYNASTY. :D

Amnesty Boozer... trade Dunleavy and Hinrich. Keep Snell, and sign Augustine to a small deal.

Quinnsanity
07-02-2014, 01:30 AM
I don't think this eliminates us at all... what it does do is make C. Anthony choose between extra guaranteed contractual guap after the next 4 yrs or becoming a CHAMPION for the next 5-6 yrs and surpassing that extra 30 mil in endorsments anyway!.

I have a gut feeling that Melo will take the pay cut, initially, then when it's time to re-negotiate Rose's contract, he will take a pay cut due to sitting the last 2 yrs w/ injuries. That allows flexibility on re negotiating Noah, Gibson, and Melo's future contracts & allow us to keep our entire starting 5, another 5-7 years like San Antonio's run. I still see Chicago as Rose's team, ... no matter what the haters say, I know that D. Rose is a once in a lifetime player, and the injuries are just gonna make his story that much more legendary in the end.

Rose
Butler
Anthony
Gibson
Noah

Augustine
Snell
McDourmett
Mirotic
P. Gasol

^^^ 6 PEAT DYNASTY. :D

Amnesty Boozer... trade Dunleavy and Hinrich. Keep Snell, and sign Augustine to a small deal.

Umm... explain to me where Pau Gasol is coming from? And how you afford to pay Mirotic (if you even keep him in an S&T). Hell, I have my doubts that Augustin is even coming back. You're talking about a starting five that AT LEAST maxes out the entire salary cap once Butler is extended. Depth is always going to be an issue. By the way, it's McDermott.

chitownbulls
07-02-2014, 01:30 AM
New York is the MECCA of basketball. :rolleyes:

1 title in the last 40 years :rolleyes:

chitownbulls
07-02-2014, 01:34 AM
No we are rebuilding and trying to keep our star, we are not trying to help Chicago, Houston, Dallas or LA win. If you take him you take him but you are not getting any help from us to help you take him unless at a good price. With Melo you are a 50 plus win team in the East.

That's fair enough.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 03:30 AM
1 title in the last 40 years :rolleyes:

hey now buddy we actually won 2:cool:

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 03:32 AM
im not posting until after the amnesty deadline passes then im going to bump my old thread and watch pj rape you guys in a sign and trade if melo leaves:D

flclfanman
07-02-2014, 03:39 AM

Nothing about that is surprising, based on what we've seen from Jerry Reinsdorf all of these years. Daily News or not this is pretty much a no brainer.

Cheap owners annoy me.

Just maybe you would think Paxon would have had this talk with ole Jerry prior to rolling out the red carpet for Melo. I dont know just a thought because I truly believe this story. Jerry being a business man has to clearly see the upside of business if Melo were to sign. Outweighs the 17 mil to amnesty Booz.

People have to stop perpetuating this myth that Reinsdorf is cheap. The article says he wants to avoid the tax

...despite the fact JR has gone on record saying he'd pay the tax for a championship caliber team.

...despite the fact he HAS paid the tax once in the past few years (you shouldn't just blast into to it every year without reason or you'll end up like the Nets).

...Despite the fact he's taken care of current and past players NUMEROUS times (Paying out Jay Williams contract when he didn't have to after his accident, giving Randy Brown, Scottie Pippen, and Adrian Griffin jobs, paying out of pocket for DRose's massage therapist,etc.)

Don't put to much stock into this article. Even if we don't amnesty Boozer, he's a huge trade chip b/c of the expiring contract. Possibly a Kevin Love Chip if the Melo pitch falls through.

flclfanman
07-02-2014, 03:43 AM
im not posting until after the amnesty deadline passes then im going to bump my old thread and watch pj rape you guys in a sign and trade if melo leaves:D

You again? You still huffing paint fumes hoping PJ can turn Melo into Taj, Butler, Miro and 2 firsts? Good Luck Buddy.

And even if Melo doesn't sign with the Bulls, if he goes to the Rockets (who can make space and sign him outright) you guys will be the ones left holding the bag of dog crap. :D

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 03:56 AM
You again? You still huffing paint fumes hoping PJ can turn Melo into Taj, Butler, Miro and 2 firsts? Good Luck Buddy.

And even if Melo doesn't sign with the Bulls, if he goes to the Rockets (who can make space and sign him outright) you guys will be the ones left holding the bag of dog crap. :D

lmao yeah right bro I want mirotic 1 future first butler McDermott Gibson and you guys can have jr too:cheers: I want all of your assets to trade for love:D and melos not going to the rox it's already been reported he doesn't like the coach it's either bulls or knicks

Quinnsanity
07-02-2014, 03:59 AM
I hate these people who have too much pride to sign and trade 'Melo. I mean, even Cleveland did it with LeBron. If we're going to lose him we're going to lose him, might as well get assets back. And honestly, we're probably better off without him.

Cracka2HI!
07-02-2014, 04:02 AM
What Melo would probably want if he can get it is a true 5 year max contract in Chicago. He could only get that in a S&T. Keeping Boozer and missing out on a chance to trade for Melo would be really bad for the Bulls obviously. If they keep him they are either confident they can include him in a trade or don't think they can get Melo.

lamzoka
07-02-2014, 04:10 AM
Melo is just trolling the league right now, he'll be back with the Knicks

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 04:12 AM
What Melo would probably want if he can get it is a true 5 year max contract in Chicago. He could only get that in a S&T. Keeping Boozer and missing out on a chance to trade for Melo would be really bad for the Bulls obviously. If they keep him they are either confident they can include him in a trade or don't think they can get Melo.

I think with the draft night trade they did if they really don't amnesty boozer then their not going after melo anymore it's makes no sense for ny to take on boozer and pay the luxury tax dolan didn't want to pay the tax for lin and he was bringing in a ton of money ther is no way dolan would pay that for boozer

chitownbulls
07-02-2014, 04:20 AM
I think with the draft night trade they did if they really don't amnesty boozer then their not going after melo anymore it's makes no sense for ny to take on boozer and pay the luxury tax dolan didn't want to pay the tax for lin and he was bringing in a ton of money ther is no way dolan would pay that for boozer

So then they trade him to a team with cap room and in need of an offensive scoring option at the 4. We sweeten the deal with draft picks, and his expiring and wala, he's gone and we have cap space. We don't HAVE to trade with the Knicks, especially since it's been reported that Carmelo would be willing to take a pay cut to play with butler and gibson

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 04:31 AM
So then they trade him to a team with cap room and in need of an offensive scoring option at the 4. We sweeten the deal with draft picks, and his expiring and wala, he's gone and we have cap space. We don't HAVE to trade with the Knicks, especially since it's been reported that Carmelo would be willing to take a pay cut to play with butler and gibson

o ok it's really just going to be that easy to unload boozer huh:facepalm:

numba1CHANGsta
07-02-2014, 04:36 AM
The Knicks won't S&T Melo to the Bulls but they would to the Heat just like every other dumbass team in the league who loves to help out MIA

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 04:51 AM

I am definitely not the spokesman for the Knicks (I'm just a fan of the game), but I don't think they (or many other teams) would feel Carlos Boozer is a consolation prize. I'm sure they'd rather not have him, even if it's for a year. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

If NOT wanting Boozer is the equivalent of cutting one's nose, by all means, break the nose.

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 04:53 AM

If Carmelo Anthony wasn't working out very well for them, you SOMEHOW think Carlos Boozer will make sense for the Knicks? I really don't understand your logic.

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 05:00 AM
Call me a pessimist, but I don't think Derrick Rose is going to be nearly as effective as he was when he was healthy. Assuming best case scenario he is as good as his MVP year, I'm not sure if his game meshes well with Carmelo Anthony anyways. If he wants to be around star power, Houston is the way to go. If he wants a paycheck, Knicks for sure (unless Phil Jackson refuses to offer him the max). If he wants a balanced team around him, it's the Dallas Mavericks. I'm not entirely sure what there is for him in Chicago other than a really decent playoff team.

smiddy012
07-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Call me a pessimist, but I don't think Derrick Rose is going to be nearly as effective as he was when he was healthy. Assuming best case scenario he is as good as his MVP year, I'm not sure if his game meshes well with Carmelo Anthony anyways. If he wants to be around star power, Houston is the way to go. If he wants a paycheck, Knicks for sure (unless Phil Jackson refuses to offer him the max). If he wants a balanced team around him, it's the Dallas Mavericks. I'm not entirely sure what there is for him in Chicago other than a really decent playoff team.

If Rose is 80% of what he was, and the Bulls have a healthy core of Melo/Noah/Gibson next to him, the East will be theirs for the taking.

A big man trio of Melo/Gibson/Noah is pretty much indefensible to any team in the league not named San Antonio. You got Noah at the point, who can beat most centers on the dribble, not to mention pass as well as any. Melo can stretch, post-up, etc. then you got Gibson who often commands double teams under the hoop (because his post-game is boss). THEN, throw Rose onto that. And yeah, they're a "pretty decent playoff team."

When you've played on the teams Melo has, I'm sure the atmosphere in Chicago, from leadership to player, is unlike anything he's experienced in the NBA. I mean, in Chicago, Melo will actually have to play defense, can you imagine that? And, perhaps Melo has noticed what has been wrong with his picture all along (a true team environment).

Quinnsanity
07-02-2014, 05:25 AM
Again, Boozer is a means to an end. If you're the Knicks, you take Boozer for one year because he means that you can have Mirotic for five. He's the real prize, Boozer is just what you have to take to get it. If they can extort a few extra draft picks out of them then even better.

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 05:49 AM
If Rose is 80% of what he was, and the Bulls have a healthy core of Melo/Noah/Gibson next to him, the East will be theirs for the taking.

A big man trio of Melo/Gibson/Noah is pretty much indefensible to any team in the league not named San Antonio. You got Noah at the point, who can beat most centers on the dribble, not to mention pass as well as any. Melo can stretch, post-up, etc. then you got Gibson who often commands double teams under the hoop (because his post-game is boss). THEN, throw Rose onto that. And yeah, they're a "pretty decent playoff team."

When you've played on the teams Melo has, I'm sure the atmosphere in Chicago, from leadership to player, is unlike anything he's experienced in the NBA. I mean, in Chicago, Melo will actually have to play defense, can you imagine that? And, perhaps Melo has noticed what has been wrong with his picture all along (a true team environment).

You have to make way too many assumptions (Rose is >= 80%, Carmelo plays defense, somehow the Knicks drop him on the Bull's lap, etc...) to agree with what you're saying. Assuming everything you're saying, I would say they would definitely be contenders. The East would definitely not be theirs for the taking unless Miami loses their "big 3" and Indiana chokes... however, they would have a decent chance.

The Mavericks and Rockets just make better overall sense for a shot at a championship. I say this without any skin in the game. In fact, I'm not that big of a fan of Carmelo's game personally, but I do respect his skill.

Btw, I guess the lesson still isn't learned or accepted: While the road to the Finals should be taken into account, the better team wins...

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Again, Boozer is a means to an end. If you're the Knicks, you take Boozer for one year because he means that you can have Mirotic for five. He's the real prize, Boozer is just what you have to take to get it. If they can extort a few extra draft picks out of them then even better.

I think it is established the Knicks, along with most basketball fans think obtaining Boozer as a consolation prize is counter-productive for what they would be trying to do post-Carmelo Anthony.

GottaLoveCubs
07-02-2014, 06:43 AM
There is no way in hell the Knicks take Boozer in a sign and trade unless we give them a ton more. They would rather lose Melo for nothing than take him.

Munkeysuit
07-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Bulls will never win with Melo anyways... I have been saying this all along, Chicago needs a star 2 guard and extra scoring off the bench...if they could get their hands on a player like Dion Waiters and or Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter...then we can talk about the Bulls...I can already see D Rose and Melo pairing to be disastrous.

jp611
07-02-2014, 06:58 AM

Such awful reporting from NY.

Bulls are doing their due diligence. Just because they aren't a dumb *** organization and didn't use the amnesty clause the moment it was available, doesn't mean they won't use it if needed. Boozer will be either dealt or amnestied by Tuesday.

jp611
07-02-2014, 06:59 AM
Bulls will never win with Melo anyways... I have been saying this all along, Chicago needs a star 2 guard and extra scoring off the bench...if they could get their hands on a player like Dion Waiters and or Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter...then we can talk about the Bulls...I can already see D Rose and Melo pairing to be disastrous.

:laugh:

jp611
07-02-2014, 07:01 AM
There is no way in hell the Knicks take Boozer in a sign and trade unless we give them a ton more. They would rather lose Melo for nothing than take him.

Wrong.

Massive expiring contract.

If Melo decides he wants to come to Chicago, they either lose Melo for nothing, or they take on the massive expiring contract to go with some other non-guaranteed contracts to make money work out. Add in some assets like the Sac pick, Cle pick, Tony Snell and a future 2nd, and the Knicks would be silly to not take on the expiring contract and a few assets to allow them to rebuild.

jp611
07-02-2014, 07:02 AM

Miro is not getting dealt to the Knicks for a sign and trade.

Miro could perhaps be included in a Kevin Love deal, but you can pretty much guarantee he won't be dealt in a sign-and-trade.

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2014, 07:36 AM

Such awful reporting from NY.

Bulls are doing their due diligence. Just because they aren't a dumb *** organization and didn't use the amnesty clause the moment it was available, doesn't mean they won't use it if needed. Boozer will be either dealt or amnestied by Tuesday.

Who's taking Boozers contract?

And you would amnestied Boozer at the expense of Mirotic?

1-800-STFU
07-02-2014, 07:39 AM
You have to make way too many assumptions (Rose is >= 80%, Carmelo plays defense, somehow the Knicks drop him on the Bull's lap, etc...) to agree with what you're saying. Assuming everything you're saying, I would say they would definitely be contenders. The East would definitely not be theirs for the taking unless Miami loses their "big 3" and Indiana chokes... however, they would have a decent chance.

The Mavericks and Rockets just make better overall sense for a shot at a championship. I say this without any skin in the game. In fact, I'm not that big of a fan of Carmelo's game personally, but I do respect his skill.

Btw, I guess the lesson still isn't learned or accepted: While the road to the Finals should be taken into account, the better team wins...

The major problem is in the west you have to contend with the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Clippers, etc....

In the east there is the Heat and no one else. With Melo on the Bulls you're guaranteed a Bulls vs Heat Conf finals for the next 3-4 years. The Bulls are missing exactly what Melo brings, scoring and nothing else.

jp611
07-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Who's taking Boozers contract?

And you would amnestied Boozer at the expense of Mirotic?

Teams that have a salary cap floor and would like some assets like picks down the road.

Utah has been rumored to have interest in Carlos.

Amnestying Boozer does not mean Miro won't come over.

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Teams that have a salary cap floor and would like some assets like picks down the road.

Utah has been rumored to have interest in Carlos.

Amnestying Boozer does not mean Miro won't come over.

Teams that have cap space and want assets yet one might be rumored to be interested?

You do realize there's a million teams can give a better offer when it comes to an expiring player and assests. Boozer stinks, that's why teams aren't lining up to trade for his EXPIRING contract!

And amnestying Boozer does mean Mirotic isn't coming over. You guys will lose both MMLE and MLE

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Teams that have cap space and want assets yet one might be rumored to be interested?

You do realize there's a million teams can give a better offer when it comes to an expiring player and assests. Boozer stinks, that's why teams aren't lining up to trade for his EXPIRING contract!

And amnestying Boozer does mean Mirotic isn't coming over. You guys will lose both MMLE and MLE

Is this so?

rhymeratic
07-02-2014, 08:32 AM

I have been laughing throughout this thread but hands down this post had me in tears!!!!! ��

Put the pipe down bro, it'll be ok. Knicks will be keeping Melo.

You do realize that Vince Carter is like old and not a primetime player...

better yet its 2014, not 2004. And Dion Waiters is not an All Star nor will ever be one.

Trueblue2
07-02-2014, 08:35 AM
If they amnesty boozer and lal pick him up for cheap they just got more attractive to melo, heat also have free cap and can put in a bid. Amnestying boozer either makes thier competition for melo more attractive or their competition in the east that much deeper, and the team he goes to isn't the one forking over the bill.

I see this as more than being frugal.

SPURSFAN1
07-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Waiters is a scrub.

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 09:00 AM
This is a moot thread if the Bulls are keeping Taj because they could only offer 14-15 mil to start after Boozer amnesty. Melo is not signing there. On to Houston.

Nycbball08
07-02-2014, 09:00 AM
The major problem is in the west you have to contend with the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Clippers, etc....

In the east there is the Heat and no one else. With Melo on the Bulls you're guaranteed a Bulls vs Heat Conf finals for the next 3-4 years. The Bulls are missing exactly what Melo brings, scoring and nothing else.
Ok so your guaranteeing Rose's knees will hold up for 3-4 years?

Trueblue2
07-02-2014, 09:07 AM

Rose or no rose melo surrounded by defenders and hustle guys is a a perrenial ecf contender... I actually see it as a better fit without rose.

72 Wins
07-02-2014, 09:10 AM
This is what I think. If a deal for Melo (sign & trade) doesn't work out before Tuesday, we must amnesty Boozer. You can't take a chance on another deal...it may never come and we'll be stuck with Boozer. Amnesty will give the Bulls more financial flexibility. People act like Boozer won't get picked up and the Bulls will have to eat his entire salary. It will still be a hit for Reinsdorf, but the Bulls are being aggressive and will do what it takes to be a title contender.

Nycbball08
07-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Rose or no rose melo surrounded by defenders and hustle guys is a a perrenial ecf contender... I actually see it as a better fit without rose.

Yeah but what would be left if they had to make room for Melo

1-800-STFU
07-02-2014, 09:16 AM

The only way you can build this team is assume health. There is no other way, if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out but you don't build a team around "what ifs".

DR_1
07-02-2014, 09:38 AM

Last paragraph aside, well said MBT lol

IndyRealist
07-02-2014, 09:41 AM
For free? Cap space only?

I tend to think they would want something more. Butler... Mirotic... future picks... something... anything...

Yeah teams are willing to absorb Boozer's contract if the Bulls send assets with him, likely future picks.

Trueblue2
07-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Yeah but what would be left if they had to make room for Melo

Amnesty boozer and dump dunleavy on a team w cap, should bring them close enough without actually looking at the numbers.

FYL_McVeezy
07-02-2014, 10:10 AM
This is what I think. If a deal for Melo (sign & trade) doesn't work out before Tuesday, we must amnesty Boozer. You can't take a chance on another deal...it may never come and we'll be stuck with Boozer. Amnesty will give the Bulls more financial flexibility. People act like Boozer won't get picked up and the Bulls will have to eat his entire salary. It will still be a hit for Reinsdorf, but the Bulls are being aggressive and will do what it takes to be a title contender.

Stop it! No one is claiming Boozer off of waivers if released. He's gonna clear waivers and sign with someone for the minimum. How does that help pay for his salary?

nycericanguy
07-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Stop it! No one is claiming Boozer off of waivers if released. He's gonna clear waivers and sign with someone for the minimum. How does that help pay for his salary?

amnestied players go through bidding process with teams under the cap. someone will likely bid 2-3m for him, so CHI would have to eat the remaining 13-14m.

FYL_McVeezy
07-02-2014, 10:18 AM
amnestied players go through bidding process with teams under the cap. someone will likely bid 2-3m for him, so CHI would have to eat the remaining 13-14m.

Thanks for the clarification but my point still stands...that poster made it seem like someone is gonna bid 8mil on Boozer :laugh:

Vinylman
07-02-2014, 10:54 AM

but he won't be paying 17 million ... someone will pick him up for around $5 million which means he eats less than $12 million...

scissors
07-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the clarification but my point still stands...that poster made it seem like someone is gonna bid 8mil on Boozer :laugh:

Someone is going to bid what he is worth to them. He only has 1 year left and would be an upgrade at PF for a lot of teams. I could see somebody going up to 5-6 million. If he was a Free Agent he probably gets 2/17 or something.

Badluck33
07-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Cheap owner?

Didn't he pay Jay Williams the rest of his contract after he got injured when his contract was voided?

Didn't he buy out the horrible contract of Eddie Robinson?

Didn't he bring on Scottie Pippen as a paid ambassador?

Didn't he give Carlos Boozer the RICHEST contract in Chicago Bulls history? (prior to Drose)

Didn't he sign the check for the player earning the highest contract per year and the 1st (FIRST) player to earn a contract over $30M per???

Please, explain to me on how he is so cheap?

And please don't mix up spending smart (JR w/ Bulls) and spending stupid (Dolan w/ Knicks)

IndyRealist
07-02-2014, 11:11 AM

Which amnestied player has been picked up? Chauncey Billups showed players how to bypass the system, by publicly stating that they will retire if they get picked up off of waivers. They get paid the same regardless. Then Billups went to the team of his choosing.

Boozer will do the exact same thing.

Vinylman
07-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Which amnestied player has been picked up? Chauncey Billups showed players how to bypass the system, by publicly stating that they will retire if they get picked up off of waivers. They get paid the same regardless. Then Billups went to the team of his choosing.

isn't there one on the Pacers? SMFH

king4day
07-02-2014, 11:24 AM
They'll have to amnesty him. They'd risk losing their chance with Melo or possibly someone like Stephenson if they keep him.

KNICKS R BACK
07-02-2014, 11:29 AM

what part of the Knicks DON'T WANT Carlos Boozer do you not understand?

KNICKS R BACK
07-02-2014, 11:30 AM
you seem emotional

scissors
07-02-2014, 11:34 AM

Billups was still claimed by the Clippers in the amnesty process. Other teams could have bid it up forcing him into retirement to block the Clippers. Brand, Scola (on the Pacers SMH), and others have been claimed and Boozer will be too. The question for the Bulls stingy owner is whether he is claimed for 1.5m or 5m.

nycericanguy
07-02-2014, 11:38 AM
what part of the Knicks DON'T WANT Carlos Boozer do you not understand?

Of course they don't WANT him... but that's also just posturing, if they can get back Mirotic & McDerm then Boozer is worth taking on for 1 year.

chitown85
07-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Of course they don't WANT him... but that's also just posturing, if they can get back Mirotic & McDerm then Boozer is worth taking on for 1 year.

Agree. But, I damn sure don't want to give up that much for Melo. Hoping they just amnesty him, and make the team better without destroying it in the process (my only hope in the offseason).

Stinkyoutsider
07-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Typical Jerry. Not going to pay someone to not perform a service for him.

The bigger question is whether any team would want to take on Boozer's salary with his current production? Boozer in his prime was a very good player but not at his current level.

Maybe the Knicks might be interested if they wanted to try to be competitive next near? Swap Boozer with Melo and gain a pick or 2? Or maybe even a veteran? If the Bulls lose out on Melo, maybe tie in a few good assets and Boozer's contract for Love if he decides Chicago is where he wants to be long term?

Personally, I would have amnestied Boozer year before last and just took the lost so we could compete with the Heat and Pacers for a trip to the finals.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Cheap owner?

Didn't he pay Jay Williams the rest of his contract after he got injured when his contract was voided?

Didn't he give Carlos Boozer the RICHEST contract in Chicago Bulls history? (prior to Drose)

Didn't he sign the check for the player earning the highest contract per year and the 1st (FIRST) player to earn a contract over $30M per???

And please don't mix up spending smart (JR w/ Bulls) and spending stupid (Dolan w/ Knicks)
Chicago Bulls Rumors @chicagobullsbot · 45s
New York Knicks Phil Jackson doesn't want Carlos Boozer but some in front office think trading for Boozer make sense (Source: Chris Herring)
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 2 times2 FavoriteFavorited 1 time1
More
Chicago Bulls Rumors @chicagobullsbot · 59m
Rumor: New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony won't accept $15m/yr. Bulls may have offered this - (Source: Chris Broussard) https://twitter.com/knicksfanblog/status/484323299447418880 …

I guess he couldn't spare anymore

futureman
07-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Of course the Jazz can always absorb his salary. It's just going to cost them Mirotic and probably a draft pick.

chitown85
07-02-2014, 12:44 PM
New York Knicks Phil Jackson doesn't want Carlos Boozer but some in front office think trading for Boozer make sense (Source: Chris Herring)
More
Rumor: New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony won't accept $15m/yr. Bulls may have offered this - (Source: Chris Broussard) https://twitter.com/knicksfanblog/status/484323299447418880 …

Thanks for sharing...hoping Melo signs somewhere quick--and in the West. Never thought Melo taking less money to win was ever an option; consequently, never thought he would come to Chicago;) Hope he goes out West or forces the Knicks to give him max money tbh...

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 12:45 PM
More

more broussard... this is good news for bulls fans. he's always wrong.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
I really don't care either way, just don't want to give him the MAX

chitown85
07-02-2014, 12:47 PM

Haha, true..

kozelkid
07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Tweet is fake. I'm genuinely surprised that a New York source would put up false information.

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 12:52 PM
from anther blog site someone compiled in 2011 about broussard: (edited the vulgarity out:)

1) Lebron to the Bulls
2) Now Lebron to NY
3) This just in, Lebron is now considering the Clippers
4) "Chris, where do you think Lebron will go?"
"I think he'll stay in Cleveland"
5) 5 hours before the decision: "Lebron is considering Miami"

1) Melo will sign his extension in the summer
2) NVM, fukk that, he wants to go to NY--this just in.
3) The Denver Nuggets are likely going to trade him before the season starts.
4) Season started: You can expect a trade to happen right in the first few weeks
5) First few months gone: Carmelo now reportedly will consider playing with Nets
6) Denver is in hot pursuit of moving Anthony to the Nets, Mikhail Prokhorov is now involved in discussions
7) Wait hold the fukk up, this just in: We're not sure if Carmelo Anthony will sign an extension with the Nets.
8) Dallas and Houston open to renting Anthony for the season
9) Prokhorov has ended all communication between the Nets and the Nuggets, there will not be a trade between the two
10) Anthony will likely be traded to the Nuggets for Wilson Chandler, Fields, Randolph and a 1st round pick
11) Wait scratch that, they also want GALLO and FELTON.
12) A trade is now imminent before the All-Star break
13) All star break comes: Carmelo Anthony reportedly has set up meetings with the Nets and the Knicks during All-Star weekend

he says a lot of crap..

InRoseWeTrust
07-02-2014, 01:04 PM
More

Too bad Broussard didn't tweet that. Knicksfanblog added it on.

Badluck33
07-02-2014, 01:31 PM
More

a. thats just a rumor.

b. if true, do you honestly believe that the Bulls will not offer more? or have you considered they are offering him the max molney available to them under the cap?

c. this isn't the MLB.

ChitownSports16
07-02-2014, 01:36 PM
"Paxson acknowledged that Jerry Reinsdorf has given the front office the green light to spend how it sees fit. Whether that means diving deep into the luxury tax or using the amnesty clause to wipe away the final year of Boozer's deal, Paxson made it clear that Reinsdorf was "all-in" on the plan to get the Bulls back to the top."
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/19612/paxson-winning-is-bulls-free-agent-pitch
/thread

ChitownSports16
07-02-2014, 01:38 PM

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 01:44 PM
a. thats just a rumor.

b. if true, do you honestly believe that the Bulls will not offer more? or have you considered they are offering him the max molney available to them under the cap?

c. this isn't the MLB.

end of the day Knicks can offer more, Max, and Super Max. I'm just posting stuff , not a big deal. It's a sports forum, rumors , thoughts. The MLB comment got me though lol

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Tweet is fake. I'm genuinely surprised that a New York source would put up false information.

what does that even mean? At this stage no one knows, its all guessing. Heres an example ,Like Tanaka. The Cubs were not to be out bid by anyone. How did that turn out ? no one knows whats going on. Does Phil really want Melo back, maybe he does , maybe he doesn't. we should know by next week

kozelkid
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
what does that even mean? At this stage no one knows, its all guessing. Heres an example ,Like Tanaka. The Cubs were not to be out bid by anyone. How did that turn out ? no one knows whats going on. Does Phil really want Melo back, maybe he does , maybe he doesn't. we should know by next week
I was being facetious. In this case, that blog literally made up the fact that Broussard even made that tweet. That is what I'm talking about, not about the Melo rumors itself.

chitownbulls
07-02-2014, 01:57 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140701/sports/140709737/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Phil has said over and over no Bozo(jk). I really don't like that package either, but who knows. Strangers things have happened

beasted86
07-02-2014, 02:09 PM

If they lose Carmelo for nothing, it's better than losing him for a player that doesn't help you and will cost $40M for one season, and you have no intention of keeping after this season.

FYL_McVeezy
07-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Broussard said that on a radio station that's why there's no tweet to speak of brainiacs.....

With that being said Broussard has as much credibility as anyone posting on this forum when it comes to breaking stories....

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 02:12 PM
I knew Jerry wasn't just going to piss away 16.8 million. This is the same guy who traded one of his best players in Deng to save 3 million in his walk year.

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 02:17 PM
If Jerry being a cheap bastard is the only reason Melo isn't a Bull then us Bulls fans need to stop torturing ourselves every offseason when a marquee free agent becomes available. This is criminal what he would be doing to his players and the fans if his cheapness comes ahead of putting a serious championship contender on the floor. He gave the ok to sign Boozer.....eat your mistake and move on. Not good business when you mislead your fan base and get them excited about the prospect of landing a big fish in the free agent market only to see the organization hinge their hopes on a rookie they drafted and basically the sloppy seconds left in free agency.

ChitownSports16
07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
I knew Jerry wasn't just going to piss away 16.8 million. This is the same guy who traded one of his best players in Deng to save 3 million in his walk year.

Pax said jerry gave him the "ok". Sooo booz cruise is nothing but gone.

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Pax said jerry gave him the "ok". Sooo booz cruise is nothing but gone.

Hopefully Pax isn't giving the company line. We will see. If New York doesn't do a sign and trade for Boozer and the Bulls don't use the amnesty clause then we know the truth.

FYL_McVeezy
07-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Hopefully Pax isn't giving the company line. We will see. If New York doesn't do a sign and trade for Boozer and the Bulls don't use the amnesty clause then we know the truth.

The problem is....PJax doesn't want to or have to S&T for Boozer. Tell Pax to figure out the math to give Melo a favorable deal. Phil is only gonna take a deal that he wants....

either Pax was telling the truth and you guys amnesty Boozer, or there's a snag in the Melo grand plan for CHI......

jp611
07-02-2014, 02:44 PM

Deng was traded to open up cap space to be able to chase a Carmelo Anthony.

Wow.

beasted86
07-02-2014, 03:24 PM

Wow.

Why would you need to trade an expiring contract to free cap space the next summer?

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Why would you need to trade an expiring contract to free cap space the next summer?

Exactly It was a stupid trade

roshan3ai
07-02-2014, 03:39 PM

Wow.

:laugh2: Deng was an expiring

Pierzynski4Prez
07-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Some of you guys are clueless.

Deng was traded for:

1. Sac Top 10 protected 1st round pick in 2015-2017
2. Right to swap 1st rounders with CLE next year if they aren't in lottery
3. A few 2nd round picks

It also helped avoid being a repeat lux tax offender. Paxson also publicly stated that Reinsdorf was putting the 20 million saved from the deal right back into the team.

InRoseWeTrust
07-02-2014, 03:57 PM

Deng was traded for:

3. A few 2nd round picks

It also helped avoid being a repeat lux tax offender. Paxson also publicly stated that Reinsdorf was putting the 20 million saved from the deal right back into the team.

That's the big one. That and he turned down our offer of 3/30. We really couldn't give him a bigger piece of the pie than that while also hoping to continually improve.

nycericanguy
07-02-2014, 04:09 PM

Let it go... this is the same guy that keeps insisting to me that somehow if the Knicks trade for Boozer's expiring it will give them more cap space in 2015... ROTFL!

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Let it go... this is the same guy that keeps insisting to me that somehow if the Knicks trade for Boozer's expiring it will give them more cap space in 2015... ROTFL!

but I want to see Bozo throw up bricks from 2 ft out. LOL. Phil is a different basketball mind, as baby hands and Krispy Kreme are now gone.

jp611
07-02-2014, 06:01 PM

I worded that wrong, excuse me.

It was to avoid the repeaters tax penalty. Which was a great move for us. Why pay the luxury tax when you're not going to win a championship with the currently constructed team.

Not only did we avoid repeaters tax, we also got a few assets out of a guy we had no intention on resigning.

jp611
07-02-2014, 06:03 PM

And this is the guy who thinks the Knicks will get McDermott AND Mirotic in a SIGN-AND-TRADE.

LMFAO.

AND the same guy that says the Bulls won't amnesty Boozer because history says they haven't used the amnesty clause.

LMFAO.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
And this is the guy who thinks the Knicks will get McDermott AND Mirotic in a SIGN-AND-TRADE.

LMFAO.

AND the same guy that says the Bulls won't amnesty Boozer because history says they haven't used the amnesty clause.

LMFAO.

umm well being that the bulls made that stupid trade on draft night and got an additional 2 mill on the cap pj would rape the bulls in a trade

jp611
07-02-2014, 06:10 PM
umm well being that the bulls made that stupid trade on draft night and got an additional 2 mill on the cap pj would rape the bulls in a trade

It was far from a stupid trade.

The Bulls ended up with a top 10 talent in a very good draft. Randolph's contract will be easy to deal. He won't be able to be included in the sign and trade per say, but the Bulls could send him to the Knicks in a seperate deal for Prigioni to make contracts work out.

So yeah, that's far from a horrible deal.

And, Knicks fans really need to understand what sign-and-trades entail. You don't run away with elite assets in these types of deals. Melo could come to Chicago without a sign-and-trade, so you either take the assets or you don't. I'm sure Phil won't be dumb enough to let him walk for free.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 06:15 PM

The Bulls ended up with a top 10 talent in a very good draft. Randolph's contract will be easy to deal. He won't be able to be included in the sign and trade per say, but the Bulls could send him to the Knicks in a seperate deal for Prigioni to make contracts work out.

And, Knicks fans really need to understand what sign-and-trades entail. You don't run away with elite assets in these types of deals. Melo could come to Chicago without a sign-and-trade, so you either take the assets or you don't. I'm sure Phil won't be dumb enough to let him walk for free.

it was a great trade if you guys aren't going for melo I can't believe McDermott fell in your lap but taking back Randolph made no sense and no the bulls can't even offer melo 12 mill if they amnesty booz

also it doesn't matter if it's a sign and trade or normal trade who ever has the leverage will get the upper hand that's how a trade works:D

jp611
07-02-2014, 06:17 PM
it was a great trade if you guys aren't going for melo I can't believe McDermott fell in your lap but taking back Randolph made no sense and no the bulls can't even offer melo 12 mill if they amnesty booz

also it doesn't matter if it's a sign and trade or normal trade who ever has the leverage will get the upper hand that's how a trade works:D

Taking back Randolph was mandatory to get Dougie on the team. The Bulls can offer Melo about 17 million if they amnesty Booz, trade Dunleavy, and don't retain the non-guaranteed contracts.

And if you think the Knicks have any leverage in a sign-and-trade, then you've never understood how sign and trades work.

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Seriously why would you not cut him?

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 06:20 PM
The problem is....PJax doesn't want to or have to S&T for Boozer. Tell Pax to figure out the math to give Melo a favorable deal. Phil is only gonna take a deal that he wants....

either Pax was telling the truth and you guys amnesty Boozer, or there's a snag in the Melo grand plan for CHI......

I just have this sneaking suspicion Melo is not coming to Chicago. Too good to be true that an elite superstar would choose to come here without having to be traded here. That's the only way Love becomes a Bull for one season before he tests the free agent waters and basically goes to the Lakers for mega bucks. So what's left for Chicago, the consolation prize of bringing back Luol Deng who they traded away last season for 3 million cap space.

InRoseWeTrust
07-02-2014, 06:23 PM
I just have this sneaking suspicion Melo is not coming to Chicago. Too good to be true that an elite superstar would choose to come here without having to be traded here. That's the only way Love becomes a Bull for one season before he tests the free agent waters and basically goes to the Lakers for mega bucks. So what's left for Chicago, the consolation prize of bringing back Luol Deng who they traded away last season for 3 million cap space.

He wasn't traded for cap space. He was traded because Rose got hurt, we needed to avoid the repeater tax, and he declined to re-sign with us at 3/30. There was no reason to hold on to him.

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 06:29 PM

Wow.

Not being a smart *** but I have to break down my question to your response because maybe I am not clear on something. Basically Deng was going to be a free agent after the season right? So then if they did keep him and not traded him to Cleveland for Bynum just so they can release him wouldn't Deng's full money be coming off the books and help towards clearing space for Melo? Saving three million half way through last season would not really help sign Melo for the next five years or so right? If they sign Melo today the money they saved on Deng wouldn't even count for what they have to pay him in future years because IMO that three million may have to go to Madrid to buy out Mirotic.

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 06:31 PM
I worded that wrong, excuse me.

It was to avoid the repeaters tax penalty. Which was a great move for us. Why pay the luxury tax when you're not going to win a championship with the currently constructed team.

Not only did we avoid repeaters tax, we also got a few assets out of a guy we had no intention on resigning.

Forget my reply to your post......you just explained. Just a misunderstanding.

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 06:33 PM

I really hope that 1.8 for Randolph doesn't hurt this team in anyway. It doesn't sound like much but when it comes to the Bulls every penny counts against us. Miami can sign superstars out the butt and still be under the cap no sweat.

jimm120
07-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Knicks don't want boozer. Its already been reported as so.

Bulls, if they want a sign and trade, would have to find another player to fill up the salary differential.

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 06:38 PM
He wasn't traded for cap space. He was traded because Rose got hurt, we needed to avoid the repeater tax, and he declined to re-sign with us at 3/30. There was no reason to hold on to him.

And I screwed up for saying cap space because what I meant to say is 3 million in Morotic buyout money. That's just what I think seeing as they thought Mirotic would be the one replacing Deng anyway. Back when they traded Luol I don't even believe they thought they'd have a chance at making a serious run at Melo. Mirotic was considered the future big acquisition.

beasted86
07-02-2014, 06:39 PM

Even if the Bulls amnesty Boozer, they won't come close to a realistic salary. They need multiple salary dump trades.

This is an old article, but it gives you some idea... the figure they stated there is even lower now:
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/report-nba-salary-cap-expected-to-increase-to-63-2-million-luxury-tax-to-77-million/

I find it hard to believe they will find multiple teams willing to take these players into their cap space (while sending nothing back) without picks/Mirotic/McDermott attached... or salary dump a very solid player in Gibson, and be left with a pieced together starting lineup. So the more realistic likelihood is to try and work a sign and trade for Carmelo, which the Knicks will at least have some leverage in the negotiations.

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 06:42 PM
In all honesty, I never thought the Bulls would be this obsessed with Melo. I guess when you just average 93.2 points a game and shoot around 43% as a team that will light a fire under anyone's butt to acquire the best offensive player in the game at any costs. If we don't get him I'm not even sure outside of bringing Mirotic over that the Bulls have a serious Plan B. Probably keep Boozer and have his money come off the books in 2015 and make a run at Love and or Durant in 2016.

valade16
07-02-2014, 06:44 PM

How? The only reason people are discussing a sign and trade is because Chicago doesn't have enough cap space to sign Melo without getting rid of Boozer.

Perhaps it is you who is not understanding the situation?...

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 06:49 PM
That Boozer deal is like bad Chinese food, lingers around and unable to get the bad taste out of your mouth. Overpaid for a guy who is allergic to defense and disappears offensively against any defender who has a set of balls. Can't understand why Jackson doesn't want to watch Boozer for about 82 games in a Knicks uniform. He would get booed unmercifully in MSG. But hey Knicks fans you would just have to put up with him for one year where we had four years of that frustration on two legs.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 06:58 PM
How? The only reason people are discussing a sign and trade is because Chicago doesn't have enough cap space to sign Melo without getting rid of Boozer.

lmao:burn:

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 07:00 PM
That Boozer deal is like bad Chinese food, lingers around and unable to get the bad taste out of your mouth. Overpaid for a guy who is allergic to defense and disappears offensively against any defender who has a set of balls. Can't understand why Jackson doesn't want to watch Boozer for about 82 games in a Knicks uniform. He would get booed unmercifully in MSG. But hey Knicks fans you would just have to put up with him for one year where we had four years of that frustration on two legs.

us knicks fans have amare I think we got you beat:D

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 07:04 PM

bro your crazy pau would be a great fit for the bulls right now for a lot cheaper and then bring over mirotic the fact is the bulls don't need melo once rose returns to full strength you guys could have a ridiculous line up with depth

nycericanguy
07-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Even if the Bulls amnesty Boozer, they won't come close to a realistic salary. They need multiple salary dump trades.

This is an old article, but it gives you some idea... the figure they stated there is even lower now:
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/report-nba-salary-cap-expected-to-increase-to-63-2-million-luxury-tax-to-77-million/

I find it hard to believe they will find multiple teams willing to take these players into their cap space (while sending nothing back) without picks/Mirotic/McDermott attached... or salary dump a very solid player in Gibson, and be left with a pieced together starting lineup. So the more realistic likelihood is to try and work a sign and trade for Carmelo, which the Knicks will at least have some leverage in the negotiations.

Even non Knick fans are telling him...

but he keeps insisting that NY will giftwrap Melo to CHI for Tony freakin Snell AND that NY will take Boozers contract...

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Taking back Randolph was mandatory to get Dougie on the team. The Bulls can offer Melo about 17 million if they amnesty Booz, trade Dunleavy, and don't retain the non-guaranteed contracts.

And if you think the Knicks have any leverage in a sign-and-trade, then you've never understood how sign and trades work.

your wrong bro the bulls are now at 67 mill after that trade now if they amnest booz they are at 51 the salary cap is going up to 63 they can only offer melo 12 mill if they amnesty boozer:D

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

btw they don't have mcdermot's salary on their yet but it should be around the same as randolph

InRoseWeTrust
07-02-2014, 07:27 PM
bro your crazy pau would be a great fit for the bulls right now for a lot cheaper and then bring over mirotic the fact is the bulls don't need melo once rose returns to full strength you guys could have a ridiculous line up with depth

:hope:

nycericanguy
07-02-2014, 07:29 PM

You're spewing nonsense, that's just not true and even your fellow Bulls fan will tell you that.

FACT : Amnestying Boozer, trading Dunleavy and letting non guaranteed contracts go would allow CHI to offer Melo EXACTLY 13.1m to start. Stop pulling numbers out of your *** and stating them as facts.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
:hope:

I know I be talking a lot of crap about the bulls but tbh rose is one of my fav players and I think he's going to be just fine the bulls aren't far away from contending but that's all on rose I just think love lma or pau would be a great fit you guys need a post player not another iso

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
To avoid being a repeat offender in the lux tax.

Exactly It was a stupid trade
Or not, considering the team actually played better once Deng was traded.

Oh, you just repeated the same nonsense the other two guys did.

Deng was traded for:

3. A few 2nd round picks

Thank you, sir.

jp611
07-02-2014, 08:03 PM

A sign and trade benefits Melo, because it allows him to get more money. If he says he's going to Chicago no matter what to NYK. It's up to them if they want to make a deal. Bulls could amnesty Boozer, deal Dunleavy and Randolph in seperate deals and be able to give Melo a reasonable salary, still. So if he decides he's coming to Chicago it's either NYK take assets or they don't.

Seriously, look at the history of sign-and-trades. They are not significant deals for the team losing the player. People thinking Miro and McDermott are going to be included are delusional. Jimmy Butler would be the biggest name involved in a sign-and-trade, and I highly doubt that happens. It's probably something like Boozer (may need a 3rd team), Snell, Dunleavy, Cavs pick, SAC pick, and a future first (to whomever takes on Boozer's contract).

You're losing the guy no matter what, you can either let him walk and get nothing. Or you can kickstart the rebuilding process by taking on some assets for the future. Knicks actually have a draft pick next season, so it would be a perfect year to tank and start to recoup some assets they foolishly gave up in bad deals.

beasted86
07-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Okay, just because I was interested to know the exact figures, I added everything up.

Rose: $18,862,876
Noah: $12,200,000
Gibson: $8,000,000
Dunleavy: $3,326,235
Butler: $2,008,748
McDermott: $1,930,600
Randolph: $1,825,359
Snell: $1,472,400
Smith: $948,163
Hamilton: $333,334
Cap holds: $1,522,008

Total: $52,429,723

Projected salary cap: $63.2M
Projected cap space with above roster: $10,770,277

Projected cap space minus Dunleavy: $13,589,176

One way or another, it seems unlikely Anthony will sign for less than say.... $18.5M. I think that's maybe a best case scenario being that he's coming off a season he made $21.7M. I think it's also unlikely they find a team to salary dump multiple players on. Some GM may be willing to take 1 or 2 players, but will not fill up 3+ roster spots, and eat into his cap space with players he doesn't really want. That's why I said before the Bulls would have to find multiple trade partners to salary dump or more likely work out a sign and trade deal.

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 08:20 PM
I think everybody wins in a S&T.

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Take into account the tax differential, but I think we will move Taj if it means the difference in getting Melo. We could sign and trade Taj to LA for Pau (5-6 million) then simply sign Melo outright.

beasted86
07-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Take into account the tax differential, but I think we will move Taj if it means the difference in getting Melo. We could sign and trade Taj to LA for Pau (5-6 million) then simply sign Melo outright.

Outright to way less than his max, and less than Rose will make? Yes.

Also seems Pau is looking for more than MLE money according to the rumors.

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Outright to way less than his max, and less than Rose will make? Yes.

Also seems Pau is looking for more than MLE money according to the rumors.

If they do it that way they could offer him over 18 million, and no matter what he will make less than Rose, nothing the Bulls can do about that.

Pau likes Chicago and has been rumored here for years, so it's not impossible that he'd sacrifice a couple million at another title shot.

valade16
07-02-2014, 08:33 PM
A sign and trade benefits Melo, because it allows him to get more money. If he says he's going to Chicago no matter what to NYK. It's up to them if they want to make a deal. Bulls could amnesty Boozer, deal Dunleavy and Randolph in seperate deals and be able to give Melo a reasonable salary, still. So if he decides he's coming to Chicago it's either NYK take assets or they don't

That's the thing. It's better for NY to call Chicago's bluff about using the Amnesty on Boozer than taking his terrible contract back in a trade.

If Melo went to NY and said I'm going to Chicago no matter what I'd call that bluff and say 'have fun playing for $13.5 Mil. If you want "20 Mil let me know'.

If Amnestying Boozer was better for Chicago than trading him to NY in a sign and trade they would have done it already. They don't hold as good a hand as you think.

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 08:47 PM
If they do it that way they could offer him over 18 million, and no matter what he will make less than Rose, nothing the Bulls can do about that.

Pau likes Chicago and has been rumored here for years, so it's not impossible that he'd sacrifice a couple million at another title shot.

This is comical, everyone keeps bringing up Pau, Pau can just resign with the Lakers, we have Randle, Kobe and Melo could sign with the Lakers for the Max and still have money to add a PG like Lowry and Stevenson, those of you discounting the Lakers as a option are funny, I really hope the Lakers don't break any hearts If he signs in LA. No one here really wants Melo on the Lakers but the more these reports come out the more it seems LA has a chance. If Lowry signs with the lakers in the next few days expect Melo to sign with LA.

Lowry
kobe
Melo
Randle
Pau

Is about as good as he will get, plus max money and his wife Lala is from LA and close friends with Kobe's wife.

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2014, 08:51 PM
This is comical, everyone keeps bringing up Pau, Pau can just resign with the Lakers, we have Randle, Kobe and Melo could sign with the Lakers for the Max and still have money to add a PG like Lowry and Stevenson, those of you discounting the Lakers as a option are funny, I really hope the Lakers don't break any hearts If he signs in LA. No one here really wants Melo on the Lakers but the more these reports come out the more it seems LA has a chance. If Lowry signs with the lakers in the next few days expect Melo to sign with LA.

Lowry
kobe
Melo
Randle
Pau

Is about as good as he will get, plus max money and his wife Lala is from LA and close friends with Kobe's wife.

I never discounted them as being able to bring back Pau, but Melo isn't going to LA, it's either NY or Chi.

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 08:52 PM
The Bulls are interesting they want to give garbage for a perennial allstar then they want to pay him the same or less salary as Gordon Hayward will be getting paid.

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 08:55 PM

Lowry
kobe
Melo
Randle
Pau

They said La la was from Brooklynn, NY and her family is in New York. Where did you get she is from LA? She probably just lived in LA

GottaLoveCubs
07-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Cheap owner?

Not brought up a lot, but he also offered Curry 50 year contract for 400k a year to not play basketball anymore.

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 08:57 PM
I never discounted them as being able to bring back Pau, but Melo isn't going to LA, it's either NY or Chi.

Says who PSD? Chris Broussard, no one trully knows where he is going. He Flies to LA tonight to meet with the Lakers tomorrow, him and Kobe and there wives are having dinner tonight, it's been reported on LA radio. Also Kobe and Melo are like brotheres, dont sleep on the Lakers..

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 08:58 PM

Lowry
kobe
Melo
Randle
Pau

Melo is resigning with New York. You guys messed up when you signed Kobe to that ridiculous contract and let Phil go.

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 09:00 PM
They said La la was from Brooklynn, NY and her family is in New York. Where did you get she is from LA? She probably just lived in LA

She was the main sidekick to Big Boy on Power 106 here in LA for 5 years before she married Carmelo. LALA was huge in LA and on POwer 106, and word is many TV production companies want a show for her and Melo. I'm sure LA will pitch that angle as well.

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 09:01 PM
She was the main sidekick to Big Boy on Power 106 here in LA for 5 years before she married Carmelo. LALA was huge in LA and on POwer 106, and word is many TV production companies want a show for her and Melo. I'm sure LA will pitch that angle as well.

If they are smart they will make that pitch.

beasted86
07-02-2014, 09:01 PM

Lowry
kobe
Melo
Randle
Pau

Imaginary cap space.

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Melo is resigning with New York. You guys messed up when you signed Kobe to that ridiculous contract and let Phil go.

I do agree the Contract was absurd, fact of the matter is Money Talks, Kobe being signed gives us the upper hand with Pau. Kobe's money comes off the books in 2 years, so if we get something like

Lowry
Kobe
Melo
Randle
Pau

play it out 2 years, next summer 9.5 million for Nash comes off the books
summer after next Kobe's 25 mill, plus whatever Pau gets will come off the vbooks because he will sign with us for 2 years.

So in 2 summers we will again have 30 something million to play with. If Melo wants a proven track record for success and the max money and future flexibility, he comes to the Lakers.

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 09:05 PM
She was the main sidekick to Big Boy on Power 106 here in LA for 5 years before she married Carmelo. LALA was huge in LA and on POwer 106, and word is many TV production companies want a show for her and Melo. I'm sure LA will pitch that angle as well. I remember when she was out here but he stated she is from LA, that is incorrect, her bio says born and raised in Brooklynn but I understand where he is going.

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Imaginary cap space.

Wrong 28.5 to play with as of now, 34.5 if we stretch Nash, 37.5 if we trade Nash outright

Lowry 9
Kobe 23.5
Melo 20
Randle 2
Pau 6

Thats 60.5 plus Sacre and Marshall at 2 mill total bringing the total to 62.5. And who is to say Pau or Melo might not take a bit more discount the first year, by all accounts here, everywhere they want Melo to go, he is taking a pay cut. This whole scenario is if we trade Nash, if we stretch Nash, Lowry is out, Probably Collison replaces him at around 5 Million. We fill out the rest of the roster with Vet minimum, plus mini mle.

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 09:11 PM
I remember when she was out here but he stated she is from LA, that is incorrect, her bio says born and raised in Brooklynn but I understand where he is going.

I stand corrected, she is not from LA, she just worked for the Radio station and lived here for 5-7 years.

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 09:14 PM
I do agree the Contract was absurd, fact of the matter is Money Talks, Kobe being signed gives us the upper hand with Pau. Kobe's money comes off the books in 2 years, so if we get something like

Lowry
Kobe
Melo
Randle
Pau

play it out 2 years, next summer 9.5 million for Nash comes off the books
summer after next Kobe's 25 mill, plus whatever Pau gets will come off the vbooks because he will sign with us for 2 years.

So in 2 summers we will again have 30 something million to play with. If Melo wants a proven track record for success and the max money and future flexibility, he comes to the Lakers.
Your organization does have an outstanding track record just not with the people running things now, it has been as bad as NYC. NYC will have 40 mil in cap room next year not in two years but you guys can sell this year with your cap space but you better start moving on other free agents to coax Melo unless you guys are doing it on the down low but I am starting to believe Phil will give Melo enough to beat any other teams offer plus the family ties are strong in NYC and LaLa wants to stay. If mama is not happy no one is happy.

beasted86
07-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Wrong 28.5 to play with as of now, 34.5 if we stretch Nash, 37.5 if we trade Nash outright

Lowry 9
Kobe 23.5
Melo 20
Randle 2
Pau 6

Thats 60.5 plus Sacre and Marshall at 2 mill total bringing the total to 62.5. And who is to say Pau or Melo might not take a bit more discount the first year, by all accounts here, everywhere they want Melo to go, he is taking a pay cut. This whole scenario is if we trade Nash, if we stretch Nash, Lowry is out, Probably Collison replaces him at around 5 Million. We fill out the rest of the roster with Vet minimum, plus mini mle.

Still imaginary cap space. Earlier I was bored and interested in the Bulls cap space why I did the math. I'm not as interested in the Lakers. You'll just have to take my word for it your math is way off.

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Still imaginary cap space. Earlier I was bored and interested in the Bulls cap space why I did the math. I'm not as interested in the Lakers. You'll just have to take my word for it your math is way off.

That's crap, if you're gonna call him wrong then you absolutely should prove it.

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) tweeted at 5:13pm - 2 Jul 14:

The one thing that might stop Melo from going to NY is Mike James. Melo has been looking forward to playing with Mike James and wanted him to be part of the dinner but he wasn't available. Reports are he was in a meeting with city officials about building a statue in front of the arena in honor of his Hall Of Fame career. (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/484444695909498881)

beasted86
07-02-2014, 09:22 PM
That's crap, if you're gonna call him wrong then you absolutely should prove it.

And what do I get? The right to say I told you so about something I already knew was not possible?

You want the answers, they are here:
www.cbafaq.com
www.shamsports.com

All the info you need to know is at these two sources.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 09:26 PM

Lowry
kobe
Melo
Randle
Pau

lala is from Brooklyn I didn't know people in la talked like new Yorkers :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

I also didn't know lowry was the key to getting melo shyt we could have traded for him maybe melo would have resigned already :facepalm:

now the real reason melo isn't going to la is because kobe is :oldguy:

jp611
07-02-2014, 09:27 PM
And what do I get? The right to say I told you so about something I already knew was not possible?

www.cbafaq.com
www.shamsports.com

You're calling him wrong.

The burden of proof is on you.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 09:28 PM

The one thing that might stop Melo from going to NY is Mike James. Melo has been looking forward to playing with Mike James and wanted him to be part of the dinner but he wasn't available. Reports are he was in a meeting with city officials about building a statue in front of the arena in honor of his Hall Of Fame career. (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/484444695909498881)

that's fkd up the bulls don't play fair how can we compete with that

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 09:31 PM

www.cbafaq.com
www.shamsports.com

good job bro:up:

cssdmark
07-02-2014, 09:31 PM
I think everybody wins in a S&T.

I think everyone could win with a S&T. I do not think Phil wants Chicago to gut their roster but he does not want pieces he cannot use but Bulls fans believe we should or have to take back garbage like it is written in the S&T rules. This is all moot anyway because Melo loves NYC, his wife and kid loves NYC, we can pay him the most money and the organization is now in capable hands finally we will have plenty of cap space next year. I believe he wants to stay and someone will need to blow his doors off to leave NYC.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 09:35 PM

:laugh: I have some Mike James shoes

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 09:51 PM
good job bro:up:

Good job for what, this is all assuming the Lakers don't renounce the rights to all players not under contract which is exactly what they are doing, and this is also assuming we don't use the stretch provision on nash. Sorry buddy your evidence holds no weight

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 09:53 PM
lala is from Brooklyn I didn't know people in la talked like new Yorkers :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

I also didn't know lowry was the key to getting melo shyt we could have traded for him maybe melo would have resigned already :facepalm:

now the real reason melo isn't going to la is because kobe is :oldguy:

I said earlier I stand corrected she's not born in LA but she worked for power 106 here in LA for 7 years, she loves LA and Melo has stated Kobe is like a big brother to him so Kobe won't be the reason he doesn't come here, nice try though

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 09:58 PM
he's not going to LA.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I said earlier I stand corrected she's not born in LA but she worked for power 106 here in LA for 7 years, she loves LA and Melo has stated Kobe is like a big brother to him so Kobe won't be the reason he doesn't come here, nice try though

more like his grandfather :laugh:

beasted86
07-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Good job for what, this is all assuming the Lakers don't renounce the rights to all players not under contract which is exactly what they are doing, and this is also assuming we don't use the stretch provision on nash. Sorry buddy your evidence holds no weight

Lakers cap:

Kobe Byrant $23,500,000
Nash $3,233,666
Randle: $2,413,300
Sacre $915,243
Marshall $915,243
Cap holds: $4,058,688
Total: $35,036,140

Projected cap: $63.2M
Projected cap space: $28,163,860

I'm sorry, was your original post a typo and you meant to type $28M instead of $37M cap space?

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Lakers cap:

Kobe Byrant $23,500,000
Nash $3,233,666
Randle: $2,413,300
Sacre $915,243
Marshall $915,243
Cap holds: $4,058,688
Total: $35,036,140

Projected cap: $63.2M
Projected cap space: $28,163,860

I'm sorry, was your original post a typo and you meant to type $28M instead of $37M cap space?

No that was my projection without cap holds because Lakers are Renouncing the rights to all players so the only cap hold would be the mini mle and they will renounce that and their trade exception to create the most room. I'm assuming they will renounce all rights and my scenario is if Nash is traded. And I was off a bit, it would only be around 36 available if the scenario im suggesting takes place.

If we cant trade nash and we stretch him and renounce all rights we have 33 million. That's plenty of money to do what I suggested.

beasted86
07-02-2014, 10:37 PM
No that was my projection without cap holds because Lakers are Renouncing the rights to all players so the only cap hold would be the mini mle, I'm assuming they will renounce all rights and my scenario is if Nash is traded. And I was off a bit, it would only be around 36 available if the scenario above is what happens

If we cant trade nash and we stretch him and renounce all rights we have 33 million. That's plenty of money to do what I suggested.

You should do some more reading up on the salary cap and what cap holds I'm talking about: www.cbafaq.com

You should also accept the fate that nobody is taking Nash since the Lakers hold no valuable draft picks.

SILVER SEAVER
07-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Man, that Nash money is killing them from signing a guy who can actually stand upright. Not to mention if Kobe isn't Kobe that's a boatload to spend on a guy on the downside. Kobe will not win a championship in his final two years there.

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 10:42 PM
more like his grandfather :laugh:

Coming from Knicks fan with no cap space, no talent and Amare making as much as Kobe. Trust me, everyone has written kobe off completely except the Lakers and Kobe himself. Say what you want Kobe is Kobe if anyone has the drive to comeback strong it's Kobe, all the haters are doing is fueling the fire for grandpa mamba.

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Man, that Nash money is killing them from signing a guy who can actually stand upright. Not to mention if Kobe isn't Kobe that's a boatload to spend on a guy on the downside. Kobe will not win a championship in his final two years there.

Agreed, Rome wasn't built in a day, but just because Dwight left, people think the Lakers can not attract talent, that is just not true, and Kobe is still the wild card, he can still be productive, he just needs to scale it back and not go into chucker mode

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 10:50 PM
You should do some more reading up on the salary cap and what cap holds I'm talking about: www.cbafaq.com

You should also accept the fate that nobody is taking Nash since the Lakers hold no valuable draft picks.

Just read your info, and rule 40 clearly states if you renounce the players rights the cap hold is released, same goes for any exceptions. So thank you for proving my point, you should probably read this your self so you can get a better understanding of a cap hold.