PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bulls reluctant to amnesty Boozer; Tuesday deadline

Pages : 1 [2]

mjt20mik
07-02-2014, 10:52 PM
looks like he just got amnestied

NBA_Starter
07-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Didn't someone say the deadline wasn't today?

L8kers4life
07-02-2014, 10:59 PM
You should do some more reading up on the salary cap and what cap holds I'm talking about: www.cbafaq.com

You should also accept the fate that nobody is taking Nash since the Lakers hold no valuable draft picks.

What about moving our pick Randle with Nash?

effen5
07-02-2014, 11:05 PM
This is why most reporters don't know ****

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 11:05 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/28445671-419/carlos-boozers-time-with-bulls-all-but-over.html#.U7THAfldVHp

but, but. they have a cheap owner who won't pay boozer to go away. what happened here?

Kaner
07-02-2014, 11:20 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/28445671-419/carlos-boozers-time-with-bulls-all-but-over.html

Reinsdorf isn't cheap, media's been pushing that for a long time now when they confuse savy with stingy. If a moves makes the Bulls better off and especially when contending for a championship Reinsdorf will make it.

jp611
07-02-2014, 11:28 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/28445671-419/carlos-boozers-time-with-bulls-all-but-over.html#.U7THAfldVHp

but, but. they have a cheap owner who won't pay boozer to go away. what happened here?

History shows they won't use the amnesty clause because they've never used it before

That was one Knicks fan perspective lmao

BcEuAbRsS
Jerry has shown he's no cheap with his teams, doesn't always make the correct choice, but he's never been cheap with the Bulls or White Sox.

DarkKnight
McGrawDHBulls: For the record, the Bulls have not amnestied Carlos Boozer.

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Not yet, but the agent and Boozer have been told that he will be.

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2014, 11:30 PM
History shows they won't use the amnesty clause because they've never used it before

That was one Knicks fan perspective lmao

That's outstanding.

jp611
07-02-2014, 11:31 PM

They have informed him he will be amnestied.

No point in doing it immediately. Maybe a team that needs to hit the cap floor decides to get in or maybe Knicks change their mind and take him.

If not, you amnesty him.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Not yet, but the agent and Boozer have been told that he will be.

right and Lin was told he'll be traded

beasted86
07-02-2014, 11:32 PM
What about moving our pick Randle with Nash?
If you think its worth it, there maay be a team willing to do it.

But there aren't many teams with $12M in cap space that don't have other plans already.

You also might want to take a good hard look at #14 in the link I gave you. Read it a couple times to get it through.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 11:32 PM
They have informed him he will be amnestied.

No point in doing it immediately. Maybe a team that needs to hit the cap floor decides to get in or maybe Knicks change their mind and take him.

If not, you amnesty him.

why would Phil want Boozer ?

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2014, 11:33 PM

I'm not sure I get what your point is! What examples of cheapness can you speak of, if you don't mind?

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure I get what your point is! What examples of cheapness can you speak of, if you don't mind?

where did I say cheap ? lol find somebody else to argue with

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 11:37 PM

Actually they told lin they have a trade lined up if melo says he'll come. they never said he was going to be traded.

jp611
07-02-2014, 11:40 PM
why would Phil want Boozer ?

He probably doesn't.

But he might want to take on some assets to start the rebuild. I doubt they take on Booz, but a 3rd team could get involved.

Either lose Melo for nothing, or get some assets. That's why he would "want" him.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 11:43 PM
He probably doesn't.

But he might want to take on some assets to start the rebuild. I doubt they take on Booz, but a 3rd team could get involved.

Either lose Melo for nothing, or get some assets. That's why he would "want" him.

not happening , nobody wants Boozer

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 11:43 PM
looks like the bulls are making the first move. either booz is traded or amnestied. things are getting interesting.

MrfadeawayJB
07-02-2014, 11:45 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: RT @WindhorstESPN: Bulls told Carlos Boozer possibility he'll be amnestied or signed-&-traded but have made no final decision, sources said

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2014, 11:46 PM
where did I say cheap ? lol find somebody else to argue with

I'm just confused to what your point is...

beasted86
07-02-2014, 11:48 PM
He probably doesn't.

The Knicks aren't going to pay $40M with taxes for a guy they don't want and have no intention of keeping unless the Bulls get extremely creative in what assets they are willing to pair with him.

Any other team that might be interested in Boozer isn't stupid enough to trade for him knowing they can simply bid once he's amnestied.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm just confused to what your point is...

whats your point said nothing about cheap so again find another person to talk to :) Boozer being amnestied has really nothing to do about Melo. Lin will be traded because there is no way he's coming back to Houston , Melo or not

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 11:49 PM

you don't know that.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 11:52 PM
you don't know that.

Phil doesn't want him, so who's taking him ?

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 11:53 PM
The Knicks aren't going to pay $40M with taxes for a guy they don't want and have no intention of keeping unless the Bulls get extremely creative in what assets they are willing to pair with him.

Any other team that might be interested in Boozer isn't stupid enough to trade for him knowing they can simply bid once he's amnestied.

this isn't true. the final tax is tallied until after the all-star break. they can acquire boozer and deal him by the deadline and get a player that fits them better or a tpe to relieve the cap. it could actually increase their options at trade deadline to have boozer.

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Phil doesn't want him, so who's taking him ?

somebody...

Wade n Fade
07-02-2014, 11:55 PM
I think he's getting amnestied.

DarkKnight
If the Bulls can't trade Boozer , how are the Knicks going too ?

jp611

You seem to not understand how the NBA works.

Players with "bad" contracts are traded all the time.

Joe Johnson was a contract considered unmovable. Andres Biedrins was traded with an albatross contract. Gilbert Arenas was dealt with a massive deal.

There is no such thing as an unmovable contract. The Knicks make less sense as they would be in the luxury tax, but if a 3rd team got involved that needs to hit the salary cap floor I wouldn't be surprised in the very least to see Boozer dealt.

Nobody wanting Boozer is completely ridiculous. He will get a 4-6 million dollar bid in the amnesty waiver pool.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 11:56 PM

Joe Johnson was a contract considered unmovable. Andres Biedrins was traded with an albatross contract. Gilbert Arenas was dealt with a massive deal.

There is no such thing as an unmovable contract. The Knicks make less sense as they would be in the luxury tax, but if a 3rd team got involved that needs to hit the salary cap floor I wouldn't be surprised in the very least to see Boozer dealt.

Nobody wanting Boozer is completely ridiculous. He will get a 4-6 million dollar bid in the amnesty waiver pool.

this is new management , Phil Jackson is running things . PJ has said no Boozer, but tell me when he's on the Knicks

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 11:57 PM
If the Bulls can't trade Boozer , how are the Knicks going too ?

because he'll be a huge expiring contract. those are very valuable.

beasted86
07-02-2014, 11:58 PM
this isn't true. the final tax is tallied until after the all-star break. they can acquire boozer and deal him by the deadline and get a player that fits them better or a tpe to relieve the cap. it could actually increase their options at trade deadline to have boozer.

The Knicks have Amare, Bargnani, Shumpert, and Dalembert who are all expiring. How much trade deadline bait do they need when you consider the cost accompanied with it? What team is really giving up "rebuilding assets" for a 33yr old PF?

jp611
07-02-2014, 11:58 PM
ok tell me when he's on the Knicks

Do you post anything with substance? Or just stupid sentences to deflect?

Shmontaine
07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
I think he's getting amnestied.

i lean towards this too.

BcEuAbRsS
07-03-2014, 12:00 AM
whats your point said nothing about cheap so again find another person to talk to :) Boozer being amnestied has really nothing to do about Melo. Lin will be traded because there is no way he's coming back to Houston , Melo or not

Wtf are you talking about? I don't give two ***** about Lin.

DarkKnight
they don't need expiring, 2015 is pretty clear in regards to cap space

GiantsSwaGG

So with your logic we can easily trade Amare, do you want him?

jp611
07-03-2014, 12:01 AM
this is new management , Phil Jackson is running things . PJ has said no Boozer, but tell me when he's on the Knicks

I've already stated that the Knicks make less sense due to luxury tax issues.

Read. I said getting a 3rd team involved that needs to hit the salary cap floor makes the most sense.

You said nobody wants Boozer. Which is wrong, because he will either be dealt in a sign-and-trade or he will get a bid in the amnesty pool from a team.

GiantsSwaGG
i lean towards this too.

Say goodbye to Mirotic is that's the case

DarkKnight
Do you post anything with substance? Or just stupid sentences to deflect?

deflect what? theyre not taking him, holy**** . lmao

Shmontaine

phil is a gamer. if he truly let's melo walk to the bulls for nothing (assuming melo does in fact go the bulls), he's not starting off a very good gm.

Shmontaine
07-03-2014, 12:02 AM
Say goodbye to Mirotic is that's the case

yeah, perhaps.

Shmontaine
07-03-2014, 12:03 AM

you seem pretty certain phil won't accept a trade for boozer. we get it.

DarkKnight
07-03-2014, 12:03 AM

give them Bargs too, lol

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2014, 12:04 AM
phil is a gamer. if he truly let's melo walk to the bulls for nothing (assuming melo does in fact go the bulls), he's not starting off a very good gm.

I rather let him walk then take Boozer back. The fact you have him in your sig leaves me to believe you actually think Boozer is a good player

jp611
07-03-2014, 12:04 AM

The Knicks actually might be able to deal Stoudemire at the deadline if he is able to stay healthy enough. His 23 million expiring contract could be nice for a team. And nowhere did I say it would be "easily" done.

DarkKnight
07-03-2014, 12:05 AM
you seem pretty certain phil won't accept a trade for boozer. we get it.

you seem like the logical fan , I'm just going with what PJ has said. Like Ive said before , Melo leaving won't bother me either way

jp611
07-03-2014, 12:08 AM

Do you read?

I didn't say that they were taking him for sure.

Please read my entire posts before responding. I said the Knicks are less likely to take him on.

But if you're losing Carmelo, why not take on assets like Tony Snell, Cavs pick, SAC pick, etc? That's why you take on big deals. And one of Boozer or Stoudemire could be dealt at the deadline with their appealing expiring contracts. Or else the Knicks just have a ton of cap space next year, as well as a top pick after tanking this season. As well as Tony Snell. As well as a couple of extra draft picks for the future.

I get why they wouldn't take on Boozer, and I'm thinking it's more likely that Boozer is amnestied as well, but people need to stop acting like there's such things as unmovable contracts. I mean Andres Biedrins was dealt last season. Teams will take on cap, but they want assets included.

3ballbomber
07-03-2014, 12:09 AM
flood gates are open now about Boozer amnestied.

Shmontaine
07-03-2014, 12:09 AM

actually, amare a special case. he was signed without insurance and bad knees. if he goes down for good, the team can't claim him on their insurance. when he signed the contract with new york, it was immediately reported as an untradeable contract because of this. not quite the same a relatively healthy player.

jp611
07-03-2014, 12:10 AM
actually, amare a special case. he was signed without insurance and bad knees. if he goes down for good, the team can't claim him on their insurance. when he signed the contract with new york, it was immediately reported as an untradeable contract because of this. not quite the same a relatively healthy player.

I had no idea about the insurance part.

He does have a rather large expiring contract though. And he did start to play well toward the end of the season last year.

Shmontaine
07-03-2014, 12:11 AM
I rather let him walk then take Boozer back. The fact you have him in your sig leaves me to believe you actually think Boozer is a good player

you'd be wrong. i have boozer punching a ref in the nuts in my sig. if that makes you think that i like boozer, oh well.

DarkKnight
07-03-2014, 12:12 AM
who wants Bargs ? he's insured

Shmontaine
07-03-2014, 12:13 AM
you seem like the logical fan , I'm just going with what PJ has said. Like Ive said before , Melo leaving won't bother me either way

teams are really pressured to receive something in return for losing a superstar. if phil let's him go for nothing, i'd be surprised..

jp611
07-03-2014, 12:14 AM
who wants bargs ? He's insured

lmao.

DarkKnight
07-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Do you read?

I didn't say that they were taking him for sure.

Please read my entire posts before responding. I said the Knicks are less likely to take him on.

But if you're losing Carmelo, why not take on assets like Tony Snell, Cavs pick, SAC pick, etc? That's why you take on big deals. And one of Boozer or Stoudemire could be dealt at the deadline with their appealing expiring contracts. Or else the Knicks just have a ton of cap space next year, as well as a top pick after tanking this season. As well as Tony Snell. As well as a couple of extra draft picks for the future.

I get why they wouldn't take on Boozer, and I'm thinking it's more likely that Boozer is amnestied as well, but people need to stop acting like there's such things as unmovable contracts. I mean Andres Biedrins was dealt last season. Teams will take on cap, but they want assets included.

after your comments, which shows your maturity. As of now I won't answer anymore of your questions. AD was dealt to old Knick management, this is PJ now not Glen Grunwald. Who took on AD garbage contract/ player

Shmontaine
07-03-2014, 12:17 AM
I had no idea about the insurance part.

He does have a rather large expiring contract though. And he did start to play well toward the end of the season last year.

i think he was limited to 24 minutes and staying away from fire extinguishers. i think it's possible that he can be moved at the deadline this year, it's a minimal injury risk for teams at that point, realistically.

DarkKnight
07-03-2014, 12:20 AM
teams are really pressured to receive something in return for losing a superstar. if phil let's him go for nothing, i'd be surprised..

we shall see

Switch
07-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN
Bulls told Carlos Boozer it's a possibility he will be amnestied or used in a sign-&-trade but have made no final decisions, sources said

jp611
07-03-2014, 12:23 AM
after your comments, which shows your maturity. As of now I won't answer anymore of your questions. AD was dealt to old Knick management, this is PJ now not Glen Grunwald. Who took on AD garbage contract/ player

Well you haven't answered anything yet, anyway.

I don't really get where you're going with this, but you are bringing up things that are completely irrelevant to a sign-and-trade involving Carmelo Anthony.

DarkKnight
07-03-2014, 12:24 AM
I'll wait for Woj

Shmontaine
07-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN
Bulls told Carlos Boozer it's a possibility he will be amnestied or used in a sign-&-trade but have made no final decisions, sources said

yeah, i think this is to get the gears moving. i think new york may have thought that the bulls wouldn't amnesty boozer. this may start changing the conversation between the two teams.

DarkKnight
07-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Good night fellas , sure nothing will happen for a few days

Shmontaine
07-03-2014, 12:28 AM
I'll wait for Woj

whatever you do, just don't listen to broussard..

cssdmark
07-03-2014, 12:46 AM
yeah, i think this is to get the gears moving. i think new york may have thought that the bulls wouldn't amnesty boozer. this may start changing the conversation between the two teams.
The problem is not Boozer it is Taj. Once you amnesty Boozer and trade Taj without taking money back then I will be worried. Boozer gone alone will not get you Melo even if Mdj is gone it still will not work but if Taj is moved then this gets interesting.

cssdmark
07-03-2014, 12:50 AM

Yes but Phil is not. That is why NYC is glad he is there, he will not be rattled and do something that does not benefit the team. You guys are a year too late, new management in place

east fb knicks
07-03-2014, 01:00 AM

no if you guys amnesty booz it just helps us and makes you guys pay for boozer and melo while we get all of your assets without paying the lux tax:cheers:

smiddy012
07-03-2014, 01:14 AM
This whole thread is pretty sad.

east fb knicks
07-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Bulls representatives will travel to Los Angeles on Thursday to meet with center Pau Gasol, who is reportedly their top target after Anthony. According to Cowley, the Bulls also made an inquiry with Pacers free agent Lance Stephenson's camp. Cowley also reported on Wednesday that Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau is interested in going after Wizards free agent Trevor Ariza should Chicago lose out on the Anthony sweepstakes.

http://nba.si.com/nba/2014/07/02/carlos-boozer-amnesty-bulls-nba

for those bulls fans getting happy thinking this means you guys get melo this move doesn't mean that they just waived booz to free up cap to go after other guys if melo doesn't go there 1 name I think would be a great fit is lance

noah
Gibson
butler
lance
rose

that would be a sick defensive team

likemilk
07-03-2014, 01:25 AM
The national media is a bunch of idiots. They should do some research before they spiel their lies about Bulls being cheap. In the past they have bought out players to get them off their roster like Eddie Robinson that was over $10 mil, and someone else I can't remember. The Bulls have also paid the luxury tax 2 seasons ago. The Bulls aren't cheap, they aren't just gonna pay the luxury tax when the team isn't competitive enough to win a title. If tossing millions of dollars to players and be a repeater of the luxury tax is the way to win, the Nets sure is doing it the right way. After all they are title contenders :eyebrow:

Boozer will be amnestied, it's a given. Just because they aren't announcing it to the world doesn't mean it isn't happen. Bulls management like to keep things in house, that's all it means.

jp611
07-03-2014, 01:28 AM
no if you guys amnesty booz it just helps us and makes you guys pay for boozer and melo while we get all of your assets without paying the lux tax:cheers:

What are we playing Monopoly or something?

You don't magically get assets from the Bulls. If you don't do the sign and trade, you don't get anything. Just the cap space for next season.

Silent
07-03-2014, 01:33 AM

You don't magically get assets from the Bulls. If you don't do the sign and trade, you don't get anything. Just the cap space for next season.

hahahaha i think he confused

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-03-2014, 01:37 AM

The Knicks have a great track record of making good decisions.

likemilk
07-03-2014, 01:39 AM
Why would you need to trade an expiring contract to free cap space the next summer?

So the Bulls wouldn't have to pay the luxury tax for the current season as the Bulls would have been a 2nd offender of it, and since they weren't gonna contend for a championship with Rose out they got rid of Deng when he turned the contract extension from the Bulls. People who don't actually follow other NBA teams really should do some reading before making comments on stuff they know nothing about. Like the national media.

east fb knicks
07-03-2014, 02:22 AM

lmao ok buddy ummmmm waiving boozer doesn't free up enough cap to sign melo did you not learn anything from this whole thread:shrug:

effen5
07-03-2014, 05:18 AM
lmao ok buddy ummmmm waiving boozer doesn't free up enough cap to sign melo did you not learn anything from this whole thread:shrug:
How do you get all of our assets without doing a sign and trade? And according to rumors since this is what everyone listens to...melo doesn't want to lose our major assets and is willing to take a huge paycut if it means we keep a lot of our assets. Basically he doesn't want us to be the Knicks part 2.

east fb knicks
07-03-2014, 05:32 AM
How do you get all of our assets without doing a sign and trade? And according to rumors since this is what everyone listens to...melo doesn't want to lose our major assets and is willing to take a huge paycut if it means we keep a lot of our assets. Basically he doesn't want us to be the Knicks part 2.

well rumors are wrong you guys want melo you have to pay top dollar the knicks may offer him the max or even just a salary starting at 20 mill you guys can't even get close to that good luck

Sssmush
07-03-2014, 07:10 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-teams-free-cash-carmelo-anthony-ear-article-1.1847672

It's the NY Daily News so take it as it is.

I heard this too, several days ago from a credible NBA analyst on espn radio. It makes perfect sense and now you see it happening.

I just don't get why Chicago has been jerking off Carmelo and their fans for 2 or 3 months about all this "bring in Carmelo" stuff when they are obviously not serious about it.

maybe it's a disconnect between whoever is running the team and the owner; because clearly everyone understands that amnestying Boozer is the only way they can offer anything like a competitive deal to Melo, so to me it almost sounds like they are all talking about this and rumoring to the media put nobody's had the nerve to ask the owner all this time. And then they bring it to the owner and say "ok, we need to amnesty Boozer for $17M and hope that Carmelo will sign a $15M a year deal" and the owner just says "NO". Pretty sure that's what's happening.

Also, the owner might just be smart, and see that Carmelo won't sign in Chicago for $15M a year, essentially $15M or whatever less than he could get in NYC over four years PLUS the extra year at $20M he could get guaranteed there. So, why amnesty Boozer and lose $17M when it won't make any difference either way, and Boozer is a decent player.

jp611
07-03-2014, 07:37 AM

You just said the Bulls would give the Knicks their assets without a sign-and-trade.

And the Bulls DO have enough to sign Melo outright. It would take some savvy dealing, but they could get his contract up to about 17-18 million.

Redrum187
07-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Bulls representatives will travel to Los Angeles on Thursday to meet with center Pau Gasol, who is reportedly their top target after Anthony. According to Cowley, the Bulls also made an inquiry with Pacers free agent Lance Stephenson's camp. Cowley also reported on Wednesday that Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau is interested in going after Wizards free agent Trevor Ariza should Chicago lose out on the Anthony sweepstakes.

http://nba.si.com/nba/2014/07/02/carlos-boozer-amnesty-bulls-nba

for those bulls fans getting happy thinking this means you guys get melo this move doesn't mean that they just waived booz to free up cap to go after other guys if melo doesn't go there 1 name I think would be a great fit is lance

noah
Gibson
butler
lance
rose

that would be a sick defensive team

It would be an even sicker (in the traditional sense) offense. All of them are well-below average 3-point shooters. A simple zone would make them useless.

effen5
07-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Regardless...melo would make that money up in endorsements...I get it nyc is nyc but nba superstars make a **** ton more in endorsements just because the affiliation with the Chicago bulls....not to mention jordan/Nike doesn't have a superstar icon repping in chicago right now.

cssdmark
07-03-2014, 09:16 AM
The Knicks have a great track record of making good decisions.

Now we do, again you guys are late by a year. If you tried this when Phil was not here it may have worked. Lance Stephenson is a good prospect though.

cssdmark
07-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Regardless...melo would make that money up in endorsements...I get it nyc is nyc but nba superstars make a **** ton more in endorsements just because the affiliation with the Chicago bulls....not to mention jordan/Nike doesn't have a superstar icon repping in chicago right now.
NYC salary and endorsement money > Chicago salary and endorsement money.

effen5
07-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Now we do, again you guys are late by a year. If you tried this when Phil was not here it may have worked. Lance Stephenson is a good prospect though.

Do you know what a track record is? You guys have zero track record with phil...for me he missed and embarrassed himself with Kerr but made a great trade with chandler...he's basically 1-1 right now

effen5
07-03-2014, 09:22 AM

Yet the king of all endorsements in basketball history played in chicago....hell a broken rose has made more in endorsements than melo.

jp611
07-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Phil Jackson was a great coach.

We have no idea what Phil Jackson the President is.

colinskik
07-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Yet the king of all endorsements in basketball history played in chicago....hell a broken rose has made more in endorsements than melo.

A contract that he signed with Adidas when he was, you know, actually playing. You think they regret that contract at all?

haggis
07-03-2014, 09:42 AM
A contract that he signed with Adidas when he was, you know, actually playing. You think they regret that contract at all?

Did they take the money back?

DarkKnight
07-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Do you know what a track record is? You guys have zero track record with phil...for me he missed and embarrassed himself with Kerr but made a great trade with chandler...he's basically 1-1 right now

Embarrassed not getting Kerr, that's a good one. Who's to say he really wanted Kerr? I honestly think he wanted Fisher all along ,but that's just my opinion .

jp611
07-03-2014, 09:43 AM

So what does that have to do with anything :laugh2:

Rose is still one of the most popular stars in China. Bringing the Jordan brand to Chicago with someone like Carmelo would be huge from an endorsement perspective for Carmelo.

jp611
07-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Embarrassed not getting Kerr, that's a good one. Who's to say he really wanted Kerr? I honestly think he wanted Fisher all along ,but that's just my opinion .

Well considering they offered Kerr a contract and he nixed them. It's obvious that they wanted Kerr.

What's in the water there? :laugh2:

effen5
07-03-2014, 09:51 AM

Not sure of serious

DaBear
07-03-2014, 09:54 AM

Chicago basketball team > New York basketball team

FYL_McVeezy
07-03-2014, 09:59 AM

You're right, but don't let the PSD geniuses tell it tho......

InRoseWeTrust
07-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Lmao you guys are so f'ing defensive of Phil.

colinskik
07-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Did they take the money back?

Can they take the money back?

jp611
07-03-2014, 10:03 AM
You're right, but don't let the PSD geniuses tell it tho......

:laugh:

They offered Kerr a contract to become the Knicks head coach, he declined.

That's a fact, there's no way to sugar coat it. Derek Fisher was the backup plan.

jp611
07-03-2014, 10:03 AM

It has nothing to do with your argument. It's completely irrelevant.

FYL_McVeezy
07-03-2014, 10:04 AM

They offered Kerr a contract to become the Knicks head coach, he declined.

That's a fact, there's no way to sugar coat it. Derek Fisher was the backup plan.

Whatever makes you sleep at night bro.....there's always smoke and mirrors to be found in the media.

InRoseWeTrust
07-03-2014, 10:06 AM

I doubt it, but Rose was the #4 selling jersey in the league this year after having not played for 2 seasons. That means the dude is marketable still. Truth be told I doubt Adidas would rescind the contract if they could.

jp611
07-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Whatever makes you sleep at night bro.....there's always smoke and mirrors to be found in the media.

No. He turned down the Knicks job to become the Golden State Warriors head coach.

There's literally no way around it.

FYL_McVeezy
07-03-2014, 10:07 AM
No. He turned down the Knicks job to become the Golden State Warriors head coach.

There's literally no way around it.

Ok boss...

InRoseWeTrust
07-03-2014, 10:07 AM

Yes, Phil, Kerr, and the media are all collectively lying to us. It's just more "zen" magic.

Live is going to be easier for you guys if you admit Phil is a fallible human being. Just because he missed on a coach who wanted to go to a developed roster doesn't mean he's going to be a bad GM. You don't need to make excuses and invent conspiracy theories to protect his image.

jp611
07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Ok boss...

No really, there's literally no way around it. Phil Jackson himself said it. Steve Kerr himself said it. There's no conspiracy to it.

colinskik
07-03-2014, 10:15 AM
So what does that have to do with anything :laugh2:

Rose is still one of the most popular stars in China. Bringing the Jordan brand to Chicago with someone like Carmelo would be huge from an endorsement perspective for Carmelo.

Just that it was a terrible endorsement deal, signed when he was a rookie. That deal is more lucrative than KD's and CP3's, just to name a few. It's not indicative of his actual popularity or performance since he hasn't really been on the court to make it worth it for Adidas.

The real reason why players like Melo want to stay in NYC is more than just money and endorsement deals. It's because of what goes on in NYC and the other celebrities who live here. He's constantly hobnobbing with with other high-profile people in different industries, attending galas, hitting up nightclubs, etc. etc. Other than LA, this doesn't happen to this magnitude in other cities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk up NYC because of it. In fact, it's one of the things I like least about this place, but i'm not a multi-millionaire sports star...

nycericanguy
07-03-2014, 10:16 AM
It's silly to say Kerr wasn't NY's top choice, because his contract really ended up driving coaches salaries up.

But really...who cares? He decided to stay close to his family which is understandable and take a team that was more established to win now. People getting worked up over it and acting like children?...lol.

The only reason Kerr even talked to NY was because of Phil, so I wouldn't call it a failure on PJ's part.

InRoseWeTrust
07-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Just that it was a terrible endorsement deal, signed when he was a rookie. That deal is more lucrative than KD's and CP3's, just to name a few. It's not indicative of his actual popularity or performance since he hasn't really been on the court to make it worth it for Adidas.

The real reason why players like Melo want to stay in NYC is more than just money and endorsement deals. It's because of what goes on in NYC and the other celebrities who live here. He's constantly hobnobbing with with other high-profile people in different industries, attending galas, hitting up nightclubs, etc. etc. Other than LA, this doesn't happen to this magnitude in other cities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk up NYC because of it. In fact, it's one of the things I like least about this place, but i'm not a multi-millionaire sports star...

Rose is the #4 selling jersey in the NBA after not having played for 2 seasons. What was that about his popularity?

InRoseWeTrust
07-03-2014, 10:18 AM
It's silly to say Kerr wasn't NY's top choice, because his contract really ended up driving coaches salaries up.

But really...who cares? He decided to stay close to his family which is understandable and take a team that was more established to win now. People getting worked up over it and acting like children?...lol.

The only reason Kerr even talked to NY was because of Phil, so I wouldn't call it a failure on PJ's part.

Exactly. It doesn't mean Phil is a failure of a GM. There's no reason to start making up conspiracy theories regarding it. It means Kerr took the job 99/100 candidates would have because GSW presented a ready-made, competitive roster this season.

jp611
07-03-2014, 10:19 AM

Derrick Rose didn't sign that endorsement deal as a rookie. And despite his injuries, it hasn't been a horrible endorsement deal for them.

As Rose has still remained in the top 5 in jersey sales despite the knee injuries. Rose is HUGE in China. In fact, most Chicago stars are huge in China. It started with Michael Jordan. They ****ing love Rose and a few years ago, Rose was on track to become the biggest superstar in China ever, surpassing Kobe Bryant and Yao Ming even. Melo would get a huge following from there.

I realize that NYK are more appealing to Melo from a family and social standpoint. I think he eventually decides what's best for his family and goes back to the Knicks. But you're 100% wrong about the endorsement deal for Adidas.

And you're also forgetting that the Jordan brand would be much bigger for Melo in the Chicago market, I think we know why.

colinskik
07-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Rose is the #4 selling jersey in the NBA after not having played for 2 seasons. What was that about his popularity?

That's true. But KD had the #2 best selling jersey and his shoe deal was valued at way less. I'm just saying that those endorsement deals aren't a true indicator of popularity.

jp611
07-03-2014, 10:26 AM
"Ultimately, it was agonizing to say no to Phil because of what I think of him and what he's done for my career," Kerr said, according to NBA.com. "When Phil Jackson asks you to coach the Knicks, how do you say no? I think they're going to turn it around, but going to be a big undertaking and it's going to take time. The idea of doing that 3,000 miles from home, it just didn't feel right."

-Steve Kerr

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10933515/steve-kerr-accepts-golden-state-warriors-coaching-position

FYL_McVeezy
07-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Anyways, back on topic(because my opinion is my opinion and it won't change)

looks like Bulls fans gotta put the Boozer celebration on hold....no amnesty yet....but like Bulls fans have said ownership gave Pax the power to do as he sees fit....so now we wait....

jp611
07-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Anyways, back on topic(because my opinion is my opinion and it won't change)

looks like Bulls fans gotta put the Boozer celebration on hold....no amnesty yet....but like Bulls fans have said ownership gave Pax the power to do as he sees fit....so now we wait....

You seem to be confusing facts and opinions.

colinskik
07-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Derrick Rose didn't sign that endorsement deal as a rookie. And despite his injuries, it hasn't been a horrible endorsement deal for them.

As Rose has still remained in the top 5 in jersey sales despite the knee injuries. Rose is HUGE in China. In fact, most Chicago stars are huge in China. It started with Michael Jordan. They ****ing love Rose and a few years ago, Rose was on track to become the biggest superstar in China ever, surpassing Kobe Bryant and Yao Ming even. Melo would get a huge following from there.

I realize that NYK are more appealing to Melo from a family and social standpoint. I think he eventually decides what's best for his family and goes back to the Knicks. But you're 100% wrong about the endorsement deal for Adidas.

And you're also forgetting that the Jordan brand would be much bigger for Melo in the Chicago market, I think we know why.

That's right. He signed the real money deal later on, but he was with Adidas from the beginning.

FYL_McVeezy
07-03-2014, 10:34 AM
You seem to be confusing facts and opinions.

Dude stop following me, we've already gone far off topic as it is....I stopped talking about that like 10 posts ago.

kobe4thewinbang
07-06-2014, 04:24 PM
No amnesty, no Melo. I get not wanting to pay Boozer his money (how'd he land 17 mil?!) but I thought the Bulls wanted Carmelo?

NBA_Starter
07-06-2014, 05:33 PM
I had trouble seeing the owner paying a player to go away.

likemystylez
07-06-2014, 05:40 PM
No amnesty, no Melo. I get not wanting to pay Boozer his money (how'd he land 17 mil?!) but I thought the Bulls wanted Carmelo?

the problem is- if they amnesty boozer and anthony doesnt come- they have some cap space- but they no longer have the assets (contracts) to get kevin love. I personally dont think there are any teams really in the hunt for love other than the warriors- but ive always thought he would be the bulls back up plan to melo.

Given the fact that love is 5 yrs younger- and has other skills to help a team win other than scoring.... id make love a plan A.... but teams havent done that (likely because he hasnt assured many teams he would re sign)

likemystylez
07-06-2014, 05:42 PM

they pay boozer his money either way.....

bstnfn34
07-06-2014, 06:31 PM
the problem is- if they amnesty boozer and anthony doesnt come- they have some cap space- but they no longer have the assets (contracts) to get kevin love. I personally dont think there are any teams really in the hunt for love other than the warriors- but ive always thought he would be the bulls back up plan to melo.

Given the fact that love is 5 yrs younger- and has other skills to help a team win other than scoring.... id make love a plan A.... but teams havent done that (likely because he hasnt assured many teams he would re sign)[/QUOTE]

Celtics are still in the race for love not just warriors
Here's something that remains unchanged: Danny Ainge's relentless pursuit of creative ways to engage Minnesota on a Kevin Love deal.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 5, 2014

Celtics also willing to use their picks to acquire players from other teams that they could then ship to Minnesota in a deal for Kevin Love.

— Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) July 5, 2014

likemystylez
07-06-2014, 07:23 PM

Given the fact that love is 5 yrs younger- and has other skills to help a team win other than scoring.... id make love a plan A.... but teams havent done that (likely because he hasnt assured many teams he would re sign)

Celtics are still in the race for love not just warriors
Here's something that remains unchanged: Danny Ainge's relentless pursuit of creative ways to engage Minnesota on a Kevin Love deal.

Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 5, 2014

Celtics also willing to use their picks to acquire players from other teams that they could then ship to Minnesota in a deal for Kevin Love.

Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) July 5, 2014[/QUOTE]

I think the fact that the twolves didnt unload kevin love before the (the best draft in the last 10 yrs was a pretty clear indication that they arent interested in unproven draft picks - they want guys who can come in and help the team from game one. If they want to sit and hope on projects- they can sign johnny flynn and wes johnson back and hope they develop.

Ive heard the celtics are interested in Love- but the only team i have heard the twolves really working with is the warriors

nickdymez
07-06-2014, 07:40 PM
End him already, I'd love to see him end up with the Lakers.
End him?