PDA

View Full Version : How would Melo's game fit in each of his destinations?

rocketfuel
07-01-2014, 09:16 PM
A lot is printed on where he might go but how does his game fit in each of his possible teams? And where does he fit best?

alexander_37
07-02-2014, 12:27 AM
He would absolutely thrive in Houston in winning and efficiency wise.

LA he would put up massive inefficient volume numbers win nothing.

NY ditto LA

bluefire7002
07-02-2014, 12:32 AM

NY ditto LA

Lol bias much...

mightybosstone
07-02-2014, 12:33 AM
I actually think Houston's the best spot for him, because he proved the last two years that he's more of a small ball PF than a true SF. He put up by far his two best seasons statistically the last two years, and according to 82 games.com, he played roughly 80% of his minutes at PF in 12-13 and 67% of this minutes there last season. If Chicago's pitch can be believed, than he'd be playing more of a true SF role with Taj Gibson playing the 4, while he'd certainly be the 3 next to Dirk in Dallas.

Miami would be ideal, because their roster is so versatile and malleable. Plus that would likely be the most talented lineup, but I just don't think the Heat will have the money to offer him a realistic contract worth considering. New York doesn't have nearly the talent the aforementioned teams have and the Lakers are even worse right now than the Knicks.

If it was based on fit and talent, he should pick Houston. If he wants to stay in the weaker Eastern Conference and play for a team that is in far more need of his scoring output, he should pick Chicago. I think it will ultimately be one of those two teams.

GREATNESS ONE
07-02-2014, 12:35 AM
lol bias much...

:)

alexander_37
07-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Lol bias much...

Tell me how I am wrong :shrug:

Aust
07-02-2014, 12:37 AM

NY ditto LA

lol

bluefire7002
07-02-2014, 12:48 AM

Well for one thing, LA has 3 players currently on the roster. If Melo does end up with LA, you have no idea who he will be surrounded by at the moment.

I also foresee Howard getting less touches on the offense with Melo and that pissing him off and making him play less defense... just like with the Lakers.

alexander_37
07-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Well for one thing, LA has 3 players currently on the roster. If Melo does end up with LA, you have no idea who he will be surrounded by at the moment.

I also foresee Howard getting less touches on the offense with Melo and that pissing him off and making him play less defense... just like with the Lakers.

Im sure the Lakers are going to be loaded with talent.

bluefire7002
07-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Im sure the Lakers are going to be loaded with talent.

I never said they would...

raiddalake
07-02-2014, 01:02 AM
Houston is not a good fit they have no real offensive system they play one on one ball. He is best off with Chicago or even Portland. Here is one for you how about Philly. They would have two bigs and scoring punch from mello with a young pg. The Lakers dont have a coach its not fair to speculate without a system.

mightybosstone
07-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Houston is not a good fit they have no real offensive system they play one on one ball. He is best off with Chicago or even Portland. Here is one for you how about Philly. They would have two bigs and scoring punch from mello with a young pg. The Lakers dont have a coach its not fair to speculate without a system.

I don't agree with that at all. Houston offers far more versatility offensively than Chicago does and who gives a **** if Houston has "no real offensive system"? They're unquestionably one of the 2-3 best offensive teams in the league and they're just a more talented, more reliable basketball team than Chicago. If you want to talk about the lack of an offensive system, look at Chicago the last few years. Melo does not pick the Bulls because of fit or because of talent. He picks the Bulls if he wants to play in an easier conference and if he likes his prospective market and teammates more.

DarkKnight
07-02-2014, 01:15 AM
I say NY , but why another Melo thread ?

ricky recon
07-02-2014, 01:17 AM
Chicago or Dallas.

Those are the two teams with elite coaching and playoff experienced personnel. New York is what it is, and none of the guys in Houston have done ****. The whole look how cool these players look on paper game is ridiculous, and when you have a team like Chicago or Dallas who has proven to be elite, it just wouldn't make sense to go anywhere else unless you just really wanted to stay in NY.

Most of it comes down to how well you think Rose will play this upcoming year.

5ass
07-02-2014, 01:18 AM
Bulls would be the ideal fit, IMO. Play him at PF next to Noah, they'll be fine, especially if rose can embrace a new secondary scorer role, but that's not really necessary. They'll both get plenty of touches. Noah, Butler, etc. aren't scorers.
Houston 2nd best fit. Stretch the floor next to Dwight. I don't see a problem with touches. Who do they have that commands the ball other than Harden and Dwight? If Harden can pick up his defense they'll be fine.
LA has Kobe eating up too much of their capspace to actually sign decent help next season.
NY has bad contracts and no flexibility next season.

So Melon either wastes another year in LA and NY or contend with the bulls or rockets. I believe and hope he goes to the Bulls. That report about not amnestying boozer better be false.

Dade County
07-02-2014, 01:18 AM
I actually think Houston's the best spot for him, because he proved the last two years that he's more of a small ball PF than a true SF. He put up by far his two best seasons statistically the last two years, and according to 82 games.com, he played roughly 80% of his minutes at PF in 12-13 and 67% of this minutes there last season. If Chicago's pitch can be believed, than he'd be playing more of a true SF role with Taj Gibson playing the 4, while he'd certainly be the 3 next to Dirk in Dallas.

Miami would be ideal, because their roster is so versatile and malleable. Plus that would likely be the most talented lineup, but I just don't think the Heat will have the money to offer him a realistic contract worth considering. New York doesn't have nearly the talent the aforementioned teams have and the Lakers are even worse right now than the Knicks.

If it was based on fit and talent, he should pick Houston. If he wants to stay in the weaker Eastern Conference and play for a team that is in far more need of his scoring output, he should pick Chicago. I think it will ultimately be one of those two teams.

NIce post

I think think you should factor in the Clippers. I think Melo ideal spot would be anywhere that he is the dominate scoring in the particular way that he scores.

Harden & Melo are both iso players (yes they can pick & role too). On the Clippers, their wouldn't be another player with Melo style of play, so he would have a well define role, & take mnost of the big important shots, or the play would be set up for him by Cp3.

Don't get me wrong I also think Houston would be a very good team with him too. It's like you said, Melo playing the stretch 4 position (but I think only at the beginning of games and the last 5 minutes of the 4th).

The most talent team would be the HEAT of course, if Lbj moves to the point. This would put Bosh at the Pf spot and the HEAT would have a traditional Center.

I would factor in the Bulls, but everyone seems to be over looking rose injuries. How can people say that this team is going to be so good and what not & not thinking about rose going down again (if the injuries are true of course, sorry I always try to factor in the script :) )

So in order to me are... (of course you have to factor in Cap space but whatever lol)

HEAT
Clippers
Rockets
bulls

I don't even think dallas and the lakers should even be a factor, unless they can add more pieces; but this thread is about Melo so.

5ass
07-02-2014, 01:20 AM
I don't agree with that at all. Houston offers far more versatility offensively than Chicago does and who gives a **** if Houston has "no real offensive system"? They're unquestionably one of the 2-3 best offensive teams in the league and they're just a more talented, more reliable basketball team than Chicago. If you want to talk about the lack of an offensive system, look at Chicago the last few years. Melo does not pick the Bulls because of fit or because of talent. He picks the Bulls if he wants to play in an easier conference and if he likes his prospective market and teammates more.

I agree with most of what you said, but the Bulls don't lack an offensive system. They lack the players to execute them consistently

raiddalake
07-02-2014, 01:22 AM
Did you see the playoffs once you get some one scheming against them they were one dimensional chuckers. Pick and roll shoot the three over and over had no answer to Portland a team who got thrashed by the spurs. But he would be good with Houston more scoring.

TheNumber37
07-02-2014, 01:26 AM
People keep saying Houston.

But they have no true PG to manage that offense. Howard would have to cover Harden and Melo's mistakes limiting his impact on the game as a whole.

On the Rockets, he'd be a 24ppg 7rpg 3apg player with decent shooting numbers...

I thin with Melo on the Rockets they'd lose to a team like OKC, or even the Suns because of their quickness.

On The Bulls, he'd be a 25ppg 8rpg 4apg player who led league in free throw attempts, assuming they keep Gibson, they can get to the finals

Does it matter? he's staying with the Knicks.. where he will be averaging 26ppg and 7rpg and 4apg in the triangle... too bad he will never make an all NBA first team with KD and Lebron around

ricky recon
07-02-2014, 01:27 AM
I think if Melo went to Houston they'd be ousted in the first round. I honestly hope he goes there. I hope the Mavs get someone like Deng or Ariza.

JEDean89
07-02-2014, 01:28 AM
IMO it's a question of who you'd rather play with, Howard/Harden or Noah/Rose? at this point you have to choose the rockets. Rose is the ultimate gamble, he's been out of the league for over 2 years now and melo has played with guys with bad knees literally his entire career (see kenyon martin, amare stoudemire). Dwight and Melo becomes the ultimate inside out tandem and Harden would feast off the spacing that would cause. If HOU is really smart they will try and S and T for Rondo and sign Gasol. That would be a better lineup on both ends of the floor. Morey has put his team in excellent position to succeed and if Melo wants to win and win soon he goes to HOU.

ricky recon
Like you said, lack of coaching and a weak non-iso offense. Lower tier point guard play.

mightybosstone
Did you see the playoffs once you get some one scheming against them they were one dimensional chuckers. Pick and roll shoot the three over and over had no answer to Portland a team who got thrashed by the spurs. But he would be good with Houston more scoring.
Houston didn't lose to Portland because of some unique defensive scheme Portland was using. They lost because they played like ****, couldn't hit a 3-pointer to save their lives and because the Blazers played out of their minds. Houston's offense worked fine throughout the regular season, but any offensive team can have a bad series and lose. That doesn't mean what they're doing isn't working or is completely ineffective. Sample size, bro.

mightybosstone
07-02-2014, 01:31 AM
I think if Melo went to Houston they'd be ousted in the first round. I honestly hope he goes there. I hope the Mavs get someone like Deng or Ariza.

That's some solid logic. A team that underachieved and came one 30-foot last second 3-pointer away from likely making it to the second round adds a top 15 player and doesn't improve in the slightest. Care to back that up with some justification or are you just going to keep speaking in vague, ignorant generalizations?

mightybosstone
07-02-2014, 01:34 AM
I agree with most of what you said, but the Bulls don't lack an offensive system. They lack the players to execute them consistently

Well, to say anyone "lacks an offensive system" is just ignorant in the first place. Whether a team thrives on the pick and roll, runs the triangle, the Princeton, etc., every squad has some form of an offensive system. The guy was speaking in generalizations and I was just trying to counter his own illogical point by stating that if any team has struggled offensively the last few years, it was Chicago and not Houston.

alexander_37
07-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Chicago or Dallas.

Those are the two teams with elite coaching and playoff experienced personnel. New York is what it is, and none of the guys in Houston have done ****. The whole look how cool these players look on paper game is ridiculous, and when you have a team like Chicago or Dallas who has proven to be elite, it just wouldn't make sense to go anywhere else unless you just really wanted to stay in NY.

Most of it comes down to how well you think Rose will play this upcoming year.

You realize both Dwight and Harden have been to the finals right? Something that Melo has never done. Really don't see that being a problem. Also how is Chicago some hotspot full of winner compared to Houston, Rose never even plays anymore.

rocketfuel
07-02-2014, 02:23 AM
The topic was how would Melo fit in each of the team's offense and defense.... we're getting off track... I'm sure each team's fan base wants Melo for their team... but how does he actually fit into how they will play?

Kaner
07-02-2014, 02:49 AM
Well, to say anyone "lacks an offensive system" is just ignorant in the first place. Whether a team thrives on the pick and roll, runs the triangle, the Princeton, etc., every squad has some form of an offensive system. The guy was speaking in generalizations and I was just trying to counter his own illogical point by stating that if any team has struggled offensively the last few years, it was Chicago and not Houston.

I firmly believe if Lebron goes to Houston it'd be a top 10 team ever because of fit and talent but I absolutely hate Melo in Houston.

It makes no sense, they have a top 5 offense with a mediocre defense. Melo's iso offense isn't going to help them there much and we all know he's a average defender at best. I think if Houston can't get Lebron they should go after Trevor Ariza and move Parsons to pf it add's a good wing defender, Parson's at PF offers the coveted stretch forward and he's a capable defender there.

Am Bias but I love Melo in Chicago, With or without Rose Melo can carry a terrible offense into a mediocre one and that's hopefully all we'd need to make it to the finals with an elite defense, add a healthy Rose and we'd be a serious contender against the western conference teams.

cutiepie80
07-02-2014, 03:06 AM
NIce post

I think think you should factor in the Clippers. I think Melo ideal spot would be anywhere that he is the dominate scoring in the particular way that he scores.

Harden & Melo are both iso players (yes they can pick & role too). On the Clippers, their wouldn't be another player with Melo style of play, so he would have a well define role, & take mnost of the big important shots, or the play would be set up for him by Cp3.

Don't get me wrong I also think Houston would be a very good team with him too. It's like you said, Melo playing the stretch 4 position (but I think only at the beginning of games and the last 5 minutes of the 4th).

The most talent team would be the HEAT of course, if Lbj moves to the point. This would put Bosh at the Pf spot and the HEAT would have a traditional Center.

I would factor in the Bulls, but everyone seems to be over looking rose injuries. How can people say that this team is going to be so good and what not & not thinking about rose going down again (if the injuries are true of course, sorry I always try to factor in the script :) )

So in order to me are... (of course you have to factor in Cap space but whatever lol)

HEAT
Clippers
Rockets
bulls

I don't even think dallas and the lakers should even be a factor, unless they can add more pieces; but this thread is about Melo so.

You are obnoxious with your homerism.

You are about 1 out of 100 people that would say that the Heat are the best location. Your team got SMOKED by a team that plays team ball. How is Carmelo Anthony going to make you a contender?

cutiepie80
07-02-2014, 03:14 AM
For all the haters and people who think Rose is done. I watched Livingston's leg almost snap in half. He is balling the best he ever has and just got a nice contract.

Rose is 2 years removed from the acl and the mcl is a minor injury if taken care of asap. I guess he just has to prove that he can play the course of the season. He's not Brandon Roy, he's never had knee issues before he entered the league. Don't count him out.

5ass
07-02-2014, 03:16 AM

You're right it is illogical.

Mr.B
07-02-2014, 03:26 AM
The topic was how would Melo fit in each of the team's offense and defense.... we're getting off track... I'm sure each team's fan base wants Melo for their team... but how does he actually fit into how they will play?
First let me say again that I don't want Melo in Dallas and I don't think he will end up in Dallas. I still think he ends up in Chicago.

But to answer the question if Melo were to sign in Dallas he would have to play within Carlisle's system. He would have to swing the ball more than he did in NY and look for the open guy. I don't know how his pick & roll game is but he would be running a lot of it with Monte and Devin Harris. Since he would be playing SF in Dallas I would think that Carlisle would also want to post him up from time to time to take advantage of his size compared to the other SF in the West.

His biggest adjustment would be on defense. He has to make an effort on defense. If he's not making an effort on defense Carlisle will bench him. Carlisle doesn't seem to get as mad if he's making an effort but is still getting beat. That's where he's been great at making adjustments to cover bad defensive players like Dirk.

In Dallas his ppg might dip to around 20 but his assist numbers will go up. There will also be nights where he'll have the opportunity to just go off. He would gets TONS of open looks with Dirk and Monte on the court with him.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 03:45 AM
I say ny cuz melo isn't the type of player you just put on a team to win melo's best fit imo would be the clippers playing in docs system with blake and cp3 would be unstoppable

the bulls are not a great fit cuz their offense isn't much different than ny and add to that both rose and melo are volume scorers

the rockets are the worst fit melo and harden would be:catfight: for the ball lmao

the mavs wouldn't be a great fit either with no pg and an aging dirk

that's why I say ny cuz if melo waits a year jose is the perfect pg to play with melo and we would have a ton of cap to build around melo

flclfanman
07-02-2014, 03:50 AM
I say ny cuz melo isn't the type of player you just put on a team to win melo's best fit imo would be the clippers playing in docs system with blake and cp3 would be unstoppable

the bulls are not a great fit cuz their offense isn't much different than ny and add to that both rose and melo are volume scorers

the rockets are the worst fit melo and harden would be:catfight: for the ball lmao

the mavs wouldn't be a great fit either with no pg and an aging dirk

that's why I say ny cuz if melo waits a year jose is the perfect pg to play with melo and we would have a ton of cap to build around melo

Except that Rose was averaging 8 assists a game with him as the main option. Not to mention he was relying on guys like Keith Bogans, Ronnie Brewer, Boozer, and a offensively weak Gibson to hit shots. With Melo playing off the ball, both players improve.

ichitownclowni
07-02-2014, 03:52 AM
Houston fans are really trying to bury everyone else man. Jeez. Rose did a personal workout for Melo today. I'm not saying he is 100% coming to Chicago, or that Rose will stay healthy but with Melo we become the team to beat in the east. Esspecially if Taj and Jimmy stay.

flclfanman
07-02-2014, 03:53 AM
Houston fans are really trying to bury everyone else man. Jeez. Rose did a personal workout for Melo today. I'm not saying he is 100% coming to Chicago, or that Rose will stay healthy but with Melo we become the team to beat in the east. Esspecially if Taj and Jimmy stay.

He did? Like Scrimmaging so Melo could see how he looked? That's huge if true.

ichitownclowni
07-02-2014, 03:56 AM
He did? Like Scrimmaging so Melo could see how he looked? That's huge if true.
http://www.sbnation.com/2014/7/1/5863262/carmelo-anthonys-chicago-visit-included-a-derrick-rose-workout

There are more articles and it was all over Twitter earlier.

Yea, that's when I became a lot more optimistic that he could come over.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 04:04 AM
Except that Rose was averaging 8 assists a game with him as the main option. Not to mention he was relying on guys like Keith Bogans, Ronnie Brewer, Boozer, and a offensively weak Gibson to hit shots. With Melo playing off the ball, both players improve.

im not saying it wouldn't work but both rose and melo are alpha dogs and wants the big shots it would be like kd and westbrook winning a lot of games and putting up good stats but their games just don't mesh enough to win a title imo but the perfect fit for your beloved bulls team is k love he's the perfect fit while I want him in ny idk why you guys just don't go for him basketball isn't about getting the most talented team sometimes it's about how the talent fits together and love rose noah would work a lot better than melo rose noah

Hotone1401
07-02-2014, 04:08 AM
Melo could be very effective in the triple post offense under PJ. This would take a lot of the ball handling responsibilities off of him and put him in spots where he is most effective.

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 05:24 AM

NY ditto LA

I'm not sure he would "thrive" as much as you predict (you're probably biased, no offense), but I do agree the Houston Rockets would be a great destination for him. They would need to spend at least a season to get their games meshed together.

I think he would actually "thrive" in a much shorter amount of time with the Dallas Mavericks. They have a more complete and deeper team (assuming they resign all their players).

Either way, Carmelo Anthony better pick one of these teams.

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 05:30 AM

While I don't disagree that Houston would be a great destination for Carmelo Anthony, I think you are using false logic in making a case that Houston is the best place for him.

The Knicks kind of sucked last year... Who else were they going to put to play PF? He put up really good numbers playing PF, however, he didn't have a choice. I think a more efficient Carmelo Anthony is when he plays his more natural position at SF. That isn't to say that he can't or shouldn't ever play PF. I just don't think using stats he had last season on a below-par team while he played at PF equates to him being better at the PF (which is no coincidence you'd make that case as the Houston would need him at PF) or that he wouldn't be as good at the SF for teams like the Dallas Mavericks. In fact, I'd argue that Carmelo Anthony at SF on the Mavericks would be more devastating than Carmelo Anthony at PF on the Houston Rockets.

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 05:34 AM

While I agree that Carmelo's game wouldn't mesh the best with the Rockets, I'd definitely take my chances with the Rockets before Chicago or Portland. I am not convinced Derrick Rose will be close to the player he use to be and I'm not sure where Carmelo Anthony fits in the roster for Portland.

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 05:42 AM
I'm just curious what the faults would be with the Dallas Mavericks if Carmelo Anthony signed with them. Harris and Felton are only decent facilitators, but it could work under Carlisle's system. That is the only issue I can find.

In Houston: games won't mesh right away, not the best coaching, no facilitator

In Chicago: how does he get there? Is Rose going to be an all star player? Will his game mesh with Rose's?

Trueblue2
07-02-2014, 09:47 AM
Chicago: good enough d to cover for melo, has post presence and hustle players, lack scoring. Melo provides scoring and opens up opportunities for taj and noah by spacing the floor. If rose is 100% great, hes primarily a scorer, but is a capable passer too. If he's not 100% his job becomes to either find melo onor noah open.

Houston: will put too much defensive stress on dwight limiting his offensive game, but harden and melo can make up for that. And resigning parsons as an rfa and not through bird rights means no cap hold. Love the spacing offensively, worrying defensively. It could be poetr in motion, could be a trainwreck. Just depends on egoand how harden/melo work out. If they land a distributor to make sure everyone gets touches theyd be great to watch.

Dallas: similar to houston only with more problems. Ellis and melo are redundant and niether are known for d. A dirk/melo pairing is intriguing but 2014 Tyson cant be the teams only defender. Oh and options 1-3 are iso scorers and felton is thier pg.

Lal: currenty have nash, kobe, randle, marshall, sacre, and kelley and no coach. Nash is maybe good to play off the ball and spot up at this point. Sacre is a hustle player that wouldn't see minutes on a contender. Kelley brings spacing and no d. Marshall brings distribution and no scoring. Randle is an unknown entity (though I see zbo comparisons). Kobe is coming off injury and is also an unknown entity. When last healthy he readily deferred and he'll always bring scoring. Pairing him and melo defensively is an issue. Nash and Kobes contracts keep them from adding the right pieces. Ill reserve further judgement but right now I dont see the fit. Lakers should be going after multiple 6m-12m per contracts and signing moneyball vets to preserve space for next year.

Thumper 88
07-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Bulls would be the ideal fit, IMO. Play him at PF next to Noah, they'll be fine, especially if rose can embrace a new secondary scorer role, but that's not really necessary. They'll both get plenty of touches. Noah, Butler, etc. aren't scorers.
Houston 2nd best fit. Stretch the floor next to Dwight. I don't see a problem with touches. Who do they have that commands the ball other than Harden and Dwight? If Harden can pick up his defense they'll be fine.
LA has Kobe eating up too much of their capspace to actually sign decent help next season.
NY has bad contracts and no flexibility next season.

So Melon either wastes another year in LA and NY or contend with the bulls or rockets. I believe and hope he goes to the Bulls. That report about not amnestying boozer better be false.

Not just you but a lot of people forget he's also visiting the dallas mavericks

Thumper 88
07-02-2014, 10:12 AM
NIce post

HEAT
Clippers
Rockets
bulls

Dallas add more pieces? They do have Dirk just saying.. Oh yeah and they the Monta & Chandler lol

Thumper 88
07-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Chicago: good enough d to cover for melo, has post presence and hustle players, lack scoring. Melo provides scoring and opens up opportunities for taj and noah by spacing the floor. If rose is 100% great, hes primarily a scorer, but is a capable passer too. If he's not 100% his job becomes to either find melo onor noah open.

Houston: will put too much defensive stress on dwight limiting his offensive game, but harden and melo can make up for that. And resigning parsons as an rfa and not through bird rights means no cap hold. Love the spacing offensively, worrying defensively. It could be poetr in motion, could be a trainwreck. Just depends on egoand how harden/melo work out. If they land a distributor to make sure everyone gets touches theyd be great to watch.

Dallas: similar to houston only with more problems. Ellis and melo are redundant and niether are known for d. A dirk/melo pairing is intriguing but 2014 Tyson cant be the teams only defender. Oh and options 1-3 are iso scorers and felton is thier pg.

Lal: currenty have nash, kobe, randle, marshall, sacre, and kelley and no coach. Nash is maybe good to play off the ball and spot up at this point. Sacre is a hustle player that wouldn't see minutes on a contender. Kelley brings spacing and no d. Marshall brings distribution and no scoring. Randle is an unknown entity (though I see zbo comparisons). Kobe is coming off injury and is also an unknown entity. When last healthy he readily deferred and he'll always bring scoring. Pairing him and melo defensively is an issue. Nash and Kobes contracts keep them from adding the right pieces. Ill reserve further judgement but right now I dont see the fit. Lakers should be going after multiple 6m-12m per contracts and signing moneyball vets to preserve space for next year.

Felton will not be the starting PG lol

Mr.B
07-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Dallas add more pieces? They do have Dirk just saying.. Oh yeah and they the Monta & Chandler lol

Maybe it's just me but I actually like the fact that people just write the Mavs off. They've always performed better as the underdogs.

I heard this morning that the Mavs plan and pitch to Melo as far as how he'll fit in the offense is that he will basically be used the same way Dirk is. They plan to use him in a lot if pick and rolls and to post him up. Dirk is at a point in his career that he will transition to being the 2nd or even 3rd option on offense.

If Melo were to come to Dallas he would be the 1st scoring option. This would essentially be HIS team (especially once Dirk retires in a couple years). Melo will not be the main scoring option in Houston. In Houston he would be third behind Dwight and Harden. Melo has a huge ego (as most stars do) and it seems that he would prefer to go to a contending team where he can get paid and also be the main offensive option. So with that in mind Dallas and Chicago are the best fits for him. Of those two I still think he ends up in Chi-Town.

Aust
07-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I would love to see him on the Bulls next year.

Thumper 88
07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Melo is staying in NY no way he leaves that much money behind.

He's just don't his do diligence so he has no regrets

JLynn943
07-02-2014, 12:51 PM
I think Chicago is probably the best fit for him. He needs a defensive center with him, which Chicago, Houston, and Dallas all can offer, but I think Noah's offensive abilities are a huge plus. Between he and Rose, Melo should be getting the ball in good spots and be able to thrive. Houston isn't far behind Chicago in terms of fit imo, but I don't really like Harden's game as it is with Melo, and I think he'd have to really reign in his game and be more of a playmaker than he has been (which he's certainly capable of). I just think Chicago's defensive focus and having a strong passing center put them over Houston.

Dallas is an interesting case, too. He'd obviously have to be the SF with Dirk entrenched at PF. I'm confident that Monta can handle the playmaker role along with whatever PG they have, and I think that they would have a very dynamic offense, but even with Chandler, I'd be very worried about their defense. Three of your definite starters are not plus defenders, and with the Mavs being rumored to be interested in Isaiah Thomas, that makes 4. That team would be a ton of fun to watch, but I don't think it wins a championship.

As for NY, I don't know. That team isn't especially talented and is going to go through a lot of growing pains learning the triangle. If Melo wants to win, I think he should look elsewhere.

LA is the same way. Not close enough to contending imo.

Mr.B
07-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I think Chicago is probably the best fit for him. He needs a defensive center with him, which Chicago, Houston, and Dallas all can offer, but I think Noah's offensive abilities are a huge plus. Between he and Rose, Melo should be getting the ball in good spots and be able to thrive. Houston isn't far behind Chicago in terms of fit imo, but I don't really like Harden's game as it is with Melo, and I think he'd have to really reign in his game and be more of a playmaker than he has been (which he's certainly capable of). I just think Chicago's defensive focus and having a strong passing center put them over Houston.

Dallas is an interesting case, too. He'd obviously have to be the SF with Dirk entrenched at PF. I'm confident that Monta can handle the playmaker role along with whatever PG they have, and I think that they would have a very dynamic offense, but even with Chandler, I'd be very worried about their defense. Three of your definite starters are not plus defenders, and with the Mavs being rumored to be interested in Isaiah Thomas, that makes 4. That team would be a ton of fun to watch, but I don't think it wins a championship.

As for NY, I don't know. That team isn't especially talented and is going to go through a lot of growing pains learning the triangle. If Melo wants to win, I think he should look elsewhere.

LA is the same way. Not close enough to contending imo.

I agree 100% with what you said about Dallas. I think it would be a bad move to sign Melo for the same reason they let Steve Nash walk a few years ago. Your two best players can not also be your two worst defenders. Dallas would be fun to watch with Melo but I wouldn't see that team winning a title.

Nikeman
07-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Chicago is his perfect fit depending on who they are able to keep while landing Melo

If they can keep all their players and sign Melo outright, they can win the next 3-4 championships, and that would be downright scary as a HEAT fan, but this is contingent on Rose returning to MVP form or close to it.

Rose- Star PG???

Jimmy Butler- 3 point shooter, one of the BEST defenders at the guard position, very young and athletic

Melo- Top 2 scorer in the NBA

Taj Gibson- Defensively sound, Offensively capable and good rebounder. Not elite, but very, very high quality in the NBA with no weaknesses

Noah- Top 2 Center in the NBA. Defensive player of the year, high energy, great rebounder, and not the best offensively, but not inept either.

That team, is the most complete team in the NBA, the entire NBA if Derrick Rose can get back to form. It allows Melo to do what he does best, score the basketball and drain other teams defensively without exerting too much energy on defense.

The only problem I could see Chicago having, is keeping this roster in tact LONG term, as Gibson and Butler may soon demand solid contracts, Rose=Max, Melo=max, Noah=max and the other major problem would be Rose seems very "Kobe-like" in that he doesn't want to have Melo on the Bulls. He wants it to be his team and his team only.

JLynn943
07-02-2014, 02:44 PM
the other major problem would be Rose seems very "Kobe-like" in that he doesn't want to have Melo on the Bulls. He wants it to be his team and his team only.

Honestly didn't even really think about that. I guess you're just going off of his unwillingness to recruit? Noah did get him to do it though, so I don't think it's really that big of an issue.

LAKobeBryant
07-02-2014, 02:45 PM
lol if melo and lebron go to the west then NBA is over

Nikeman
07-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Honestly didn't even really think about that. I guess you're just going off of his unwillingness to recruit? Noah did get him to do it though, so I don't think it's really that big of an issue.

I remember back in 2010 as well, when Rose didn't want to recruit LeBron or Wade or any other star at the time to Chicago as well.

And that being said, I do think the Knicks to a S&T with Chicago, and get back a Taj Gibson or Jimmy Butler. I doubt the Bulls can keep the starting line-up in tact which I just mentioned. If they do, the NBA is done for

Cubby
07-02-2014, 04:13 PM

This

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 06:03 PM
just because the bulls have a great defense and lack scoring doesn't mean melo is a great fit basketball is more than just one side of the ball and the bulls offense would still struggle with melo rose and no bench

flea
07-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Bulls is the best destination to me. With the Rockets, it creates too many problems defensively. I'd rather see the Rockets sign someone like Marion and bring him off the bench. A Beverly/Harden/Parsons/Marion/Howard starts to look like a lineup that can actually get stops in the playoffs, and won't kill you offensively.

The Clippers are interesting, only because I'm not sold on Blake Griffin being the #1 scorer on a championship team. I hesitate to say they're a great fit because it's not a great defensive fit either. I don't think DJ is quite at the level of a 2011 Tyson Chandler as a rim protector, and relying on a 6'0 PG as your best perimeter defender just doesn't work in the playoffs.

I like the Bulls because they're an offense that can truly feature Melo. The Rockets and Clippers already have ball-dominant guards and big men that require touches. Using Melo as a spot-up shooter is good, but it negates his primary value as a #1 scorer. The Bulls can play big with him at the 3, or small with him at the 4, and not lose much defensively.

I'm not counting on Rose being anywhere near a #1 or #2 scorer next year - and I think the Bulls can still compete in the East without him doing that if they have Melo. Noah proved last year that he deserves a certain amount of touches as a playmaker, and with how good Melo is in the paint and along the baseline I think those possessions would be very hard to defend (especially you've got McDermott and Dunleavy on the floor too).

Trueblue2
07-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Felton will not be the starting PG lol

And the lakers will have more than kobe, nash, marshall, sacre, amd kelly under contract. The thread was asking about melos fit on existing rosters. Felton probably wont be starting pg, but right now hes at the top of the depth chart.

Shareeb_omac2
07-03-2014, 03:16 AM
Best fit is 1)Chicago, 2)Dallas, 3)Houston.

Chicago has all the complimentary pieces in place, even without Rose. If Rose comes back healthy that team would be scary. Melo seems like the exact thing that team lacked.

Dallas is the sure fire playoff contender year in and out with elite coaching and staff. They are the only truly proven team. A lineup with Ellis, Carmelo, and Dirk has so much offensive potential. They regained defense down low by adding Chandler and will have left over cap space for even more room for improvement. There cap for the future is in amazing shape as well.

Houston will be maxed out cap wise and just doesn't seem like a fit to me at all. You already have a high volume shooter in Harden and they don't really seem to have a true identity. I mean look at how many poor decisions they made roster wise in recent history. They had to jump hurdles to get out of bad contracts just to be able to make their pitch to Carmelo.

And L.A. I honestly don't have an opinion on. I'm not really up to date on their roster or plan going forward. I saw someone say they only have a group of players under contract so their entire roster could be radically different by the time the season starts. Who knows with them.

Pakman
07-03-2014, 03:44 AM
Its so funny reading houston fans getting so worked up. Trying to defend them tooth and nail. If the rockets defended anywhere near how you guys defend them, maybe they would have beat portland.

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 03:57 AM
And the lakers will have more than kobe, nash, marshall, sacre, amd kelly under contract. The thread was asking about melos fit on existing rosters. Felton probably wont be starting pg, but right now hes at the top of the depth chart.
Felton is at the top for the moment because there are only two PG's on the roster, him and Gal Mekel.

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 04:04 AM

Chicago has all the complimentary pieces in place, even without Rose. If Rose comes back healthy that team would be scary. Melo seems like the exact thing that team lacked.

Dallas is the sure fire playoff contender year in and out with elite coaching and staff. They are the only truly proven team. A lineup with Ellis, Carmelo, and Dirk has so much offensive potential. They regained defense down low by adding Chandler and will have left over cap space for even more room for improvement. There cap for the future is in amazing shape as well.

Houston will be maxed out cap wise and just doesn't seem like a fit to me at all. You already have a high volume shooter in Harden and they don't really seem to have a true identity. I mean look at how many poor decisions they made roster wise in recent history. They had to jump hurdles to get out of bad contracts just to be able to make their pitch to Carmelo.

And L.A. I honestly don't have an opinion on. I'm not really up to date on their roster or plan going forward. I saw someone say they only have a group of players under contract so their entire roster could be radically different by the time the season starts. Who knows with them.
This

Although I'm starting to think the Knicks have to be at the top of the list because of the money they can offer him. That is an *** load of money he would be leaving on the table. If I were in the same situation I would probably take the money. Plus the wife would be if they stayed in NY. For those that don't know, a happy wife is a happy life.

Asik's better
07-03-2014, 05:10 AM
Its so funny reading houston fans getting so worked up. Trying to defend them tooth and nail. If the rockets defended anywhere near how you guys defend them, maybe they would have beat portland.
Trooooooooooooollllllllllll

thenaj17
07-03-2014, 05:35 AM

Agree with Lakers and Knicks. Waste of time playing for either of them unless 1 gets LeBron aswell...but i can't see that possibly happening

As for your Rockets, i just don't think it's a great fit. You saw how Dwight complained about touches playing with Kobe and that was when Kobe was being a playmaker and then last season he complained about touches in the post again with Harden. You add in Melo and where does that leave the chemistry??

Bulls he'd be the main scorer with Rose. They have a GREAT defensive system with Noah & Taj quality interior defenders both excellent P&R defenders more importantly. They would have to keep Taj & Butler though

Mavs would also be a brilliant fit. He'd be the main guy again with a proven champion Dirk who can compliment him well by playing outside and they also have Chandler to protect the inside. Mavs would have to retain Carter and maybe Marion

Redrum187
07-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Chicago is his perfect fit depending on who they are able to keep while landing Melo

If they can keep all their players and sign Melo outright, they can win the next 3-4 championships, and that would be downright scary as a HEAT fan, but this is contingent on Rose returning to MVP form or close to it.

Rose- Star PG???

Jimmy Butler- 3 point shooter, one of the BEST defenders at the guard position, very young and athletic

Melo- Top 2 scorer in the NBA

Taj Gibson- Defensively sound, Offensively capable and good rebounder. Not elite, but very, very high quality in the NBA with no weaknesses

Noah- Top 2 Center in the NBA. Defensive player of the year, high energy, great rebounder, and not the best offensively, but not inept either.

That team, is the most complete team in the NBA, the entire NBA if Derrick Rose can get back to form. It allows Melo to do what he does best, score the basketball and drain other teams defensively without exerting too much energy on defense.

The only problem I could see Chicago having, is keeping this roster in tact LONG term, as Gibson and Butler may soon demand solid contracts, Rose=Max, Melo=max, Noah=max and the other major problem would be Rose seems very "Kobe-like" in that he doesn't want to have Melo on the Bulls. He wants it to be his team and his team only.

Derrick Rose: That is a huge question. Furthermore, assuming he isn't a star PG anymore, that is a lot of dead weight salary that will stick for quite some time... It will cripple Chicago's salary cap. Huge gamble... Lets assume he is a star PG: His 3-point shooting for his career is far below league average, his good 3-point shooting seasons he was only 32.7% (below league average). He requires the ball to be the star PG he once was. Capable passer however. Below-average defender.

Jimmy Butler: You might be talking about a different Jimmy Butler that plays for the Bulls. The only one I know shot 28.3% last season, and in his 3 seasons, has only made 110 3-pointers out of 356 (30.9%... easily below average/not even a mediocre floor spacer). Not a very good passer. More of a slasher (as Carmelo and Rose are).Effective defender.

Carmelo Anthony: He has developed into an efficient 3-point shooter. Horrible passer and is turn-over prone (look at his assist/turnover ratio). Below average defender for the wing position. Easily the best scorer on the team. Solid rebounder at the SF position (which he would mostly be at). Coagh Thibs could inspire him defensively.

Taj Gibson: Turn-over prone, horrible passer, has horrible range (yet another player who isn't great off-the-ball or spacing the floor...), great defender, really good rebounder.

Joakim Noah: Not a floor spacer (but has a decent mid-range game), not a three-point shooter, most affective when facilitating, hasn't played to the level he did last season WITH Rose, excellent rebounder, excellent defender.

I don't call this "balanced". The common denominators here:

Weakness: bad passing, turn-over prone, lack of floor spacing, only 1 sure-fire scorer (Carmelo Anthony) and 1 questionable scorer (Derrick Rose). Defenses could just play zone and neutralize their 1.5 scorers. No one has done anything noteworthy in the post-season...

Strengths: really good team defense, amazing rebounders at all positions, smart coach

Houston and Dallas look astronomically more balanced. Let me know if you want my write-up for them. =p

Redrum187
07-03-2014, 06:50 AM
I agree 100% with what you said about Dallas. I think it would be a bad move to sign Melo for the same reason they let Steve Nash walk a few years ago. Your two best players can not also be your two worst defenders. Dallas would be fun to watch with Melo but I wouldn't see that team winning a title.

I agree that it isn't ideal to have Dirk and Carmelo be the two best players that are below-average to average defenders at best. However, Carlisle is brilliant at masking defensive deficiencies. They would need to use their future salary cap flexibility to sign solid defenders. You can get defensive players dirt cheap as the better offensive players come at a higher premium.

Also, I have to ask you as you're a Maverick fan. From what I've seen of Monta Ellis, people tend to label him as a below-average defender. I would say he was average last season no? Not just last season, I loved him in GS, and while I don't think he is defensive player of the year, he isn't horrible defensively... or am I sadly mistaken?

Redrum187
07-03-2014, 07:05 AM

1.) Dallas 2.) Houston 3.) .... Bulls?

The Bulls need to trade for a solid SG that can space the floor, capable passer, and play team defense (Vince Carter or perhaps OJ Mayo). Rose needs to be an all star PG. Then they would get my vote for best fit.

The Mavericks ought to start Ellis at PG and get a defensive-minded SG to start to better mask any defensive deficiencies. This might sound like a stupid idea, but resigning Marion to START at SG (but get most of his minutes SF) would give the Mavericks a lethal dosage of offense and defense.

Houston would need to trade/sign a really good facilitator who could make everyone happy on the offensive end. I don't like Carmelo Anthony playing PF all year in the west either.

Redrum187
07-03-2014, 07:09 AM
Agree with Lakers and Knicks. Waste of time playing for either of them unless 1 gets LeBron aswell...but i can't see that possibly happening

As for your Rockets, i just don't think it's a great fit. You saw how Dwight complained about touches playing with Kobe and that was when Kobe was being a playmaker and then last season he complained about touches in the post again with Harden. You add in Melo and where does that leave the chemistry??

Bulls he'd be the main scorer with Rose. They have a GREAT defensive system with Noah & Taj quality interior defenders both excellent P&R defenders more importantly. They would have to keep Taj & Butler though

Mavs would also be a brilliant fit. He'd be the main guy again with a proven champion Dirk who can compliment him well by playing outside and they also have Chandler to protect the inside. Mavs would have to retain Carter and maybe Marion

One of Butler or Taj is expendable to upgrade for a decent floor spacer. People are really high on Butler for some reason so I'd trade him to take advantage of it.

The Mavericks definitely need to resign Carter and Marion. If not, he should probably go to Houston.

Raidaz4Life
07-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Best fit would probably be Dallas

jmaest
07-03-2014, 09:41 AM

The Bulls need to trade for a solid SG that can space the floor, capable passer, and play team defense (Vince Carter or perhaps OJ Mayo). Rose needs to be an all star PG. Then they would get my vote for best fit.

The Mavericks ought to start Ellis at PG and get a defensive-minded SG to start to better mask any defensive deficiencies. This might sound like a stupid idea, but resigning Marion to START at SG (but get most of his minutes SF) would give the Mavericks a lethal dosage of offense and defense.

Houston would need to trade/sign a really good facilitator who could make everyone happy on the offensive end. I don't like Carmelo Anthony playing PF all year in the west either.

I'm not going to respond to all of your notes just this one...

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but not all of it.

There really is no "perfect" fit for Carmelo. In my estimation the Bulls are the "best" fit. I agree with your reasoning on trading Butler. He's a very, very good defender and a good slasher. I think he would play better in a different system, offensively that is. I believe others do as well. He's very trade-able. Where I disagree is with your other point on what the Bulls need. They have the ability to replace Butler on their roster *IF*--big word, I know--Carmelo does stay with them. And they don't need Rose to be the All-Star he was in the past. They do, however, need him healthy if they don't bring back Hinrich or another capable veteran.

That Bulls team is so efficient defensively they win 45+ games next year without Melo. (I'm considering the lack of parity in the East.) Adding Melo to that team would make them the favorite in the East right now the way everything is constituted. It also gives Melo the ability to shoot as much as he likes since no other Bull really commands the ball that much--not even a healthy All-star caliber Rose.

^ By the way, it's not happening. $$ talks. The Bulls won't get there financially.

The next best fit for Melo, IMO, is stay in NY. Without Melo changing the way he plays--which he certainly is capable of. I don't believe him to be as selfish as others--there's no team on the West where he fits in. Forget LA. Imagine Kobe conceding to any player? Not happening. Houston? The issue with Houston is James Harden. I'm a big fan BUT he's very difficult to play with. He commands the ball 80% of the time. Yes he's a great passer BUT he literally needs the ball in his hands all the time. It's too much of an adjustment for a guy like Melo.

Stay in NY, get paid, and see what Phil does with the team. He's already made one very good trade, IMO.

elledaddy
07-03-2014, 11:01 AM
He is from NY
His wife is from NY
His best individual statistical season is in NY
He lead the league in scoring in NY
He lead the league in jersey sales in NY
He would be in an offense perfectly designed for him in NY
He would be able to basically pick his teammates in NY( in 1 year)
He would make the most money in his career in NY
He personally loves NY...................

yet he somehow dont "fit" in NY better then Chi, Hou or Dall? Some of you dudes are pure comedy. Stop it with the "if he wants to win now" crap. NY will be in GREAT shape in 82 regular season games, not 3 yrs, not 5 yrs down the line. Like if he goes to Chicago, they are guaranteed to win a chip NEXT year. Some of you act like Chi or Hou JUST MISSED winning the ring last year. As bad as NY played last year, Chicago only played 5 more games then them. Houston played 6 more, not nearly as close to a ring as some of you make it sound like.......

And PS.... Melo dont care about being the main scorer surrounded by defensive minded players. The main thing he wants is scoring HELP. Say if he goes to Chicago and DRose gets hurt again( Hope he dont, I like him) but its a good chance he gets hurt again, he's only played 50 games in the last 3 yrs.But if he do get hurt, who's gonna HELP Melo score? Noah, career under 10 pts per game scorer. Gibson? Career under 10 pts per game scorer. Butler? Career under 10 pts per game scorer. Stop it.

Now houston would be a good fit for Melo but would Melo be a good fit for Houston? Wasnt they number 1 in points already, how is adding the NBAs number 2 scorer gonna improve that?

Dallas, forget it......

Man we'll see where he goes

Thumper 88
07-03-2014, 11:33 AM
I think most people believe he's going to stay in NY.

But dude you are crazy if you think nyk are going to win a championship anytime soon. All you have to go on is "in one year we could (could being the underline word) get really good players and win it all" that's a whole lot of ifs

elledaddy
07-03-2014, 12:33 PM
He is from NY
His wife is from NY

yet he somehow dont "fit" in NY better then Chi, Hou or Dall? Some of you dudes are pure comedy. Stop it with the "if he wants to win now" crap. NY will be in GREAT shape in 82 regular season games, not 3 yrs, not 5 yrs down the line. Like if he goes to Chicago, they are guaranteed to win a chip NEXT year. Some of you act like Chi or Hou JUST MISSED winning the ring last year. As bad as NY played last year, Chicago only played 5 more games then them. Houston played 6 more, not nearly as close to a ring as some of you make it sound like.......

And PS.... Melo dont care about being the main scorer surrounded by defensive minded players. The main thing he wants is scoring HELP. Say if he goes to Chicago and DRose gets hurt again( Hope he dont, I like him) but its a good chance he gets hurt again, he's only played 50 games in the last 3 yrs.But if he do get hurt, who's gonna HELP Melo score? Noah, career under 10 pts per game scorer. Gibson? Career under 10 pts per game scorer. Butler? Career under 10 pts per game scorer. Stop it.

Now houston would be a good fit for Melo but would Melo be a good fit for Houston? Wasnt they number 1 in points already, how is adding the NBAs number 2 scorer gonna improve that?

Dallas, forget it......

I think most people believe he's going to stay in NY.

But dude you are crazy if you think nyk are going to win a championship anytime soon. All you have to go on is "in one year we could (could being the underline word) get really good players and win it all" that's a whole lot of ifs

I dont know if you were talking to me with your comment but I didnt say anything about him winning a championship in NY. Clearly you just wanted to say that because it has nothing to do with what I wrote, plus the fact that you wrote the exact same thing in a different thread

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 01:23 PM
I agree that it isn't ideal to have Dirk and Carmelo be the two best players that are below-average to average defenders at best. However, Carlisle is brilliant at masking defensive deficiencies. They would need to use their future salary cap flexibility to sign solid defenders. You can get defensive players dirt cheap as the better offensive players come at a higher premium.

Also, I have to ask you as you're a Maverick fan. From what I've seen of Monta Ellis, people tend to label him as a below-average defender. I would say he was average last season no? Not just last season, I loved him in GS, and while I don't think he is defensive player of the year, he isn't horrible defensively... or am I sadly mistaken?
I would also say that Monte was an average defender. I mean he wasn't great but he also wasn't horrible. I can't think of one game where they lost because he was getting beat so bad. Also can't remember him ever getting benched because his defense was so bad. Calderon on the other hand got benched several times because he was getting torched! Carlisle will not put up with someone not giving effort on defense.

Speaking of Carlisle, I agree that if Melo were to sign with Dallas Carlisle would find a way to make it work defensively. Dude is a genius at coming up with defensive schemes. If you haven't seen Pop's press conference after the Spurs beat the Mavs in game 7 this year watch it. It will give you and idea of how good Carlisle is.

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 01:29 PM

That makes absolutely no sense for the Mavs. Ellis has proven throughout his career that he is not a full time PG. His main job in Dallas is to score and to attack the basket. Dallas system requires the SG to score and take pressure off of Dirk, and the PG needs to be a facilitator not a scorer. Marion always guards the other teams best player but on offense he's horrible. He wouldn't give the Mavs the points they need at the 2 spot.

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 01:39 PM
He is from NY
His wife is from NY

Dallas, forget it......

I think people are leaving the Knicks out is simply because they haven't shown they can win with him. That could change but at the moment the Knicks are really bad. I'm not ruling them out of the mix though. In fact I would put them near the top of his choices. The two main reasons is the money they can offer him and the fact that his wife would be happiest in NY. I said it earlier that a happy wife is a happy life. If he can play in a city that makes his wife really happy and he's making a TON of money, that team has to be a favorite regardless of how bad they are.

blahblahyoutoo
07-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Melo is staying in NY no way he leaves that much money behind.

He's just don't his do diligence so he has no regrets

due diligence my ***. he already stated that he wants to get wined and dined like an escort.
we all know he's all about the money so he's going to remain a knick. or he's getting S&T to the bulls.
i'll sig bet anyone.

blahblahyoutoo
07-03-2014, 02:28 PM
you make horrible arguments.
the milwaukee bucks played the same amount of games as the knicks. clearly they're on equal footing.
oh wait, the bucks beat the knicks twice last season? they're better.

He is from NY
His wife is from NY

Dallas, forget it......

RazzleDazzle
07-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Melo will do well in almost any system, skills and talent wise. Ego and maybe effort, sometimes, is probably the only thing stopping Melo from taking that next step

Confusious
07-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Melo in Houston a good fit? LOL. People really need to get those fanboy shaders off. The Rockets will still have the chucker that is Harden. Last I checked, a team with two chuckers is not good. Not good at all.

mrblisterdundee
07-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Carmelo Anthony is simply a scorer. He needs to play on a defensive team with a slow pace and a decent point guard that needs scoring. Honestly, Memphis would be a great fit for him, although he'd never go there. Indiana would be another option, although they could never afford him. If Detroit had a decent point guard, it could be great for Anthony.

mrblisterdundee
07-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Melo in Houston a good fit? LOL. People really need to get those fanboy shaders off. The Rockets will still have the chucker that is Harden. Last I checked, a team with two chuckers is not good. Not good at all.

Not to mention that they're both defensive liabilities. Can you say "Anthony and Iverson all over again"?

Sanjay
07-03-2014, 10:26 PM
New York: One man team, if they have not been able to make the Eastern Conference Finals for the last three seasons with their roster, they are not going to make it now...

Chicago: Would be the primary scorer again, but would have more help especially from Rose.

Houston: Would create a better big 3 than what is/was in Miami, but would Carmelo and Harden be able to play together?

Miami: This would require the Heat to make almost impossible changes to get under the salary cap, but Anthony would not exactly help in slowing down the Spurs offense if the two were to meet for a third straight time in the finals.

Kaner
07-03-2014, 10:44 PM
you make horrible arguments.
the milwaukee bucks played the same amount of games as the knicks. clearly they're on equal footing.
oh wait, the bucks beat the knicks twice last season? they're better.

:laugh2: :laugh2:

perfect response

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 10:52 PM
He and Kobe would probably get into fist fights daily.

Kaner
07-03-2014, 10:52 PM
He is from NY
His wife is from NY

Dallas, forget it......

While we can debate what Melo does and doesn't want it's all just us putting ourselves in his shoes. Melo doesn't really need help scoring but to lighten the load Butler, Mcdermott, Noah, Gibson, Mirotic, and MDJ all fill a role on a offense that with an elite scorer like Melo would atleast be average. Include a healthy Rose and that's an elite offense with an elite defense.

What am pretty confident about is that if Melo's staying in NY, and it's on a max contract, the only person coming out on top is Melo's wife. It will be hard to lure elite free agents and convince them to take less when there Marquee attraction just said **** it and took a max.

Finally why ignore Dallas? They just took the nba champs to 7 games (the only ones to do so) and have already gotten better this offseason. I don't know if it's the best fit for him but it's a better situation then NY.

Thumper 88
07-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Most people in this threat have ignored Dallas, just scroll up and look at sanjay post... It says it all. He list even the Miami heat lol but not Dallas

kobe4thewinbang
07-04-2014, 07:53 PM
If it was based on fit and talent, he should pick Houston. If he wants to stay in the weaker Eastern Conference and play for a team that is in far more need of his scoring output, he should pick Chicago. I think it will ultimately be one of those two teams.LOL @ Houston needing Harden, Dwight *and* Carmelo to get past the first round.

:laugh: