PDA

View Full Version : Deal: Marcin Gortat to stay with Wizards: 5 @ $60mil (Post #26)

chi-townlove1
07-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Don't know how credible these sources are but it can be an official gortat thread. Hope these guys continue to remain loyal and don't jump to teams like the heat and rockets.

@1067thefandc: REPORT: #Wizards have offered Marcin Gortat 5-year deal, per @NBCdianna http://t.co/viO41tzl18

@DMVFollowers: Wizards are closing in on a 5 year deal that will keep Marcin Gortat in D.C! #KeepGortat

@DylanTheMan37: #Wizards and Marcin Gortat are closing in on 5 year Deal in the 60 Million $ Range with a lot of guaranteed money. #NBAFreeAgency

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Not worth it. He's an 8 million player.

goingfor28
07-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Thought he was going to miami?

chi-townlove1
07-01-2014, 04:13 PM

That's what they think ;)

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 04:15 PM

Don't worry, Monroe going to be a heat

FriedTofuz
07-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Dont worry, Everyone else will take a paycut and go to Miami.
Gortat is not overpaid, Splitter got 10 mil a year, did you see what gortat did in the finals? I dont think you guys did.

Aust
07-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Aren't Lowry and Gortat the top 2 players the Heat are after?

chi-townlove1
07-01-2014, 04:23 PM
@WizardsAllNews: Washington Wizards Re-sign Marcin Gortat To A 5-Year Contract http://t.co/WIVUHsoNCf

Edit: looks like bull ****

Vinylman
07-01-2014, 04:26 PM
but but but... he is going to Miami...

Dade County
07-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Don't know how credible these sources are but it can be an official gortat thread. Hope these guys continue to remain loyal and don't jump to teams like the heat and rockets.

What are you talking about?

He is a free agent, who should he be loyal too? So if a team couldn't work out a deal before one of their players becomes a free agent, that player owes them not to sign with anyone else.

Some of you posters are just too much.

If the Wiz can sign Gortat, good for them... But like I have been saying, it's not over until pen touches paper.

JNA17
07-01-2014, 04:41 PM
This would be a dagger to the heart and the possibly the chances of winning a title again for the Heat if true. Even if the Heat somehow pull off in getting Lowry (which seems unlikely at the moment), Lowry would have no where near the impact Gortat would on the Heat.

With Lowry, he would be reduced as a jump shooter. Sure he will get more open shots but that's pretty much it. With Lebron, Lowry would no longer bring the ball up the court, Lebron still controls the ball and have the most possessions on the team, and he would no longer even lead his team in assists. He would just get more open jump shots.

With Gortat, he can still be the player he is while playing with Lebron. Gortat provides defense and rebounding and more. Exactly the kind of player the Heat needs desperately. If Gortat signed with the Heat, the Spurs once again would be the only team to have a chance in beating them next season.

Riley better be making phone calls and quick before it's too late.

chi-townlove1
07-01-2014, 04:41 PM

What are you talking about?

He is a free agent, who should he be loyal too? So if a team couldn't work out a deal before one of their players becomes a free agent, that player owes them not to sign with anyone else.

Some of you posters are just too much.

If the Wiz can sign Gortat, good for them... But like I have been saying, it's not over until pen touches paper.

What I mean is that some of these guys see the potential of the teams they are playing on. The wizards are on they're way up and gortat is large piece if that. Seeing that, understanding that, and remaining loyal to his team and the city he has played for is what I am talking about. Not chasing rings..

beasted86
07-01-2014, 04:57 PM
What I mean is that some of these guys see the potential of the teams they are playing on. The wizards are on they're way up and gortat is large piece if that. Seeing that, understanding that, and remaining loyal to his team and the city he has played for is what I am talking about. Not chasing rings..
A city he has played for? He played 1 season with the team. They traded an injured player they had no intention of keeping, and what resulted in the 18th overall pick for Gortat.

He should do whatever is best for himself, period. He signed a contract with Orlando and they traded him, had very productive years for the Suns instead of letting him shine and help the team further, they assumed they were rebuilding and again traded him before the season started.

This idea of loyalty is absurd.

I never expected him to be on the HEAT, and pretty much shut down most ideas he was mentioned in the team forum free agency thread BTW.

Dade County
07-01-2014, 04:59 PM
This would be a dagger to the heart and the possibly the chances of winning a title again for the Heat if true. Even if the Heat somehow pull off in getting Lowry (which seems unlikely at the moment), Lowry would have no where near the impact Gortat would on the Heat.

With Lowry, he would be reduced as a jump shooter. Sure he will get more open shots but that's pretty much it. With Lebron, Lowry would no longer bring the ball up the court, Lebron still controls the ball and have the most possessions on the team, and he would no longer even lead his team in assists. He would just get more open jump shots.

With Gortat, he can still be the player he is while playing with Lebron. Gortat provides defense and rebounding and more. Exactly the kind of player the Heat needs desperately. If Gortat signed with the Heat, the Spurs once again would be the only team to have a chance in beating them next season.

Riley better be making phone calls and quick before it's too late.

Smh

So what happens when the HEAT comes out of the East again next year, oh let me guess you are going to say, they will lose to any western conference team they face.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-01-2014, 05:00 PM
heat have Oden

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2014, 05:23 PM
No reason for him to leave Wizards after suffering with the Suns & Magic.

kozelkid
07-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Not worth it. He's an 8 million player.
Not true. If you're a top ten center (he is) you're at least an eight figure player.

JNA17
07-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Smh

So what happens when the HEAT comes out of the East again next year, oh let me guess you are going to say, they will lose to any western conference team they face.

Well considering the Heat have a free pass to the finals and have had it for years now, yes that's much the case.

The heat as is is not gonna beat the Spurs or an improved Thunder team. It's not gonna even beat the Clippers or Portland if Lillard takes his next step as the star point guard of the league.

The only way the Heat has any chance of getting a title again is if they fix the holes they had last season. Gortat would fill the most important hole of all.

You can try to deny that fact all you want but it's the truth. If not Gortat, they need someone at least almost as good at Center.

chi-townlove1
07-01-2014, 05:51 PM
@NBALeaders: This Just in: According to multiple reports: MARCIN GORTAT will STAY in Washington with the Wizards

Aust
07-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Smh

smh what? The East is pathetic. Hardly an accomplishment...

Mr.B
07-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Told you guys there was no way Washington would let him go.

d00d
07-01-2014, 06:38 PM
It was huge that the Heat were destroyed and didn't even look like a championship finals worthy team. If they had won again, these players would be signing up cheap thinking its an easy ring next year

Jarvo
07-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Told you guys there was no way Washington would let him go.

Wiz should and better be a Top 5 team in The East, They were so good in the playoffs this year.

Crackadalic
07-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Good move to resign him.

shep33
07-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Solid move. Heat should go after more affordable players like okafor,etc.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2014, 08:31 PM

goingfor28
07-01-2014, 08:33 PM
heat have Oden
It's HEAT.

Aust
07-01-2014, 08:43 PM
A title change is in order.

bluefire7002
07-01-2014, 08:54 PM
It was huge that the Heat were destroyed and didn't even look like a championship finals worthy team. If they had won again, these players would be signing up cheap thinking its an easy ring next year

Yup, I agree... I wonder how this affects Lebron and bosh's decision knowing they wanted a revamped roster and the guys they really wanted are sticking to their team. Miami is going to be very limited in choices while they wait for their 3 guys to agree on their restructured contract.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Good move

THE MTL
07-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Too much money and too lengthy of a contract. He should have been signed for about 10-11 mil over yr

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 09:02 PM
I thought he would resign but I thought he would wait this out longer.

IversonIsKrazy
07-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Great for Wiz nd NBA lol. I was nervous abt him going to Miami

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 09:29 PM
I know he is important to them but man he got that 5 years easy.

Xplicit
07-01-2014, 09:31 PM
I like him also for Miami :(

I'm hoping they will do this,

1st option
X.Gotat - already signed with Wizardz

2nd option
Hawes - this guy can shoot 3's

3rd option
Monroe - sign him if Bosh signs with other team.
Monroe will be expensive

JNA17
07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Welp, Heat's chances at a title again suddenly took a little nose dive.

Greg Monroe is still there if the Heat is able to offer at most, 12 mill per year. That does depend of course if Wade and Bosh do take those steep paycuts and if the Pistons don't match.

NYKNYGNYY
07-01-2014, 09:43 PM
I think it's to much for a 31 year old center he'll be 36 at the end making 12 mil...but I like the direction they're going n prob had to give that to snag him away from Miami or whoever

NYKNYGNYY
07-01-2014, 09:44 PM
I like him also for Miami :(

I'm hoping they will do this,

1st option
X.Gotat - already signed with Wizardz

2nd option
Hawes - this guy can shoot 3's

3rd option
Monroe - sign him if Bosh signs with other team.
Monroe will be expensive

Better off going with hawes for cheaper then getting a few other pieces

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Great deal on his end.

ottograham14
07-02-2014, 07:44 AM
I think it's to much for a 31 year old center he'll be 36 at the end making 12 mil...but I like the direction they're going n prob had to give that to snag him away from Miami or whoever

This is what I was thinking. I don't mind the money for him with how he played down the stretch and in the playoffs for the Wiz and the cost of big men these days but the length of the deal is what can be questioned. Guess they had to go 5 years though to guarantee he would stay where he had serious interest from more immediate Final Teams.

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 08:35 AM
I really like Gortat's game. I think he will have incredible impact for the next 2-3 years. I think the length is a bit too long, but it was probably the only way to keep him.

ThuglifeJ
07-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Good for him not going to Miami.

Jarvo
07-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Better off going with hawes for cheaper then getting a few other pieces

I don't like Hawes for The Heat because he is just another Bosh, They need someone who can be in the post and can score.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Welp, Heat's chances at a title again suddenly took a little nose dive.

Greg Monroe is still there if the Heat is able to offer at most, 12 mill per year. That does depend of course if Wade and Bosh do take those steep paycuts and if the Pistons don't match. I think Detroit matches all offers to Monroe. Detroit shopping Josh Smith. Seems like Kings willing to take him according to early reports from twitter feeds. Also the Gortat signing was a simple asset management. Wizards weren't gonna lose him for nothing since they gave up a first and expiring contract of Okafor. Wizards probably unload him in a couple seasons.

Mr.B
07-02-2014, 11:53 AM
I don't like Hawes for The Heat because he is just another Bosh, They need someone who can be in the post and can score.

That's what Monroe does, although his defense is suspect. Also he will end up resigning with Detroit.

Stinkyoutsider
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Good signing for the Wizards. Gortat was generating some interest so they probably had to give him a slightly bigger contract and add more years for him to come back.

Gortat would have made a decent fit with most teams in the league. He's a good defender, rebounder, and will give you some toughness in the paint. Decent finisher on the offensive side as well.

IMO, Gortat should be around 8 - 10 mill a season player so the Wizards had to pay 2 mill more a season to keep a very important player for their club. Not a bad move...