This is what I wanna see
My guess is 15 a year for bosh.
12 for wade

JNA17
07-01-2014, 02:24 PM
I won't believe it until Woj says it.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 02:24 PM
LeBron James is such a coward.. Lol. Chris Bosh staying for 5 years is huge, though.

Bosh: 15 million per year for next 5 years
Wade: 13 million per year for next 4 years?

Screw James though. I cannot believe he is signing a short term contract for max as an assurance in case this fails. What a joke of a player. Losing respect for him more and more each day.

JNA17
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM
lol at Lebron signing for one or two years though. That is definitely something Lebron would do.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 02:27 PM
This is what I wanna see
My guess is 15 a year for bosh.
12 for wade

Doesn't really matter a whole lot as long as they are taking slightly less.
Seems their intention is to use the full $5.3 MLE and $2.1 BAE rather than attempt to use cap space.

jerellh528
07-01-2014, 02:27 PM
James 1 or 2 year with max money? WOW.
never seen such a frightened player in my life, he knows wade is breaking down and miami has maybe a 1 or 2 yr window MAX.
Why even sign back? might as well jump ship already like we know you want to

kozelkid
07-01-2014, 02:29 PM
lol at Lebron signing for one or two years though. That is definitely something Lebron would do.
Can you blame him? And fwiw, MJ did the same thing during his second tenure with the Bulls.

Aust
If this is true, awesome move by James. That's what I would do. Then when his contract is up, he can look around and see if there is a better situation to go to. 2 years from now the Lakers will finally be rid of Kobe's giant contract so we'll have room :)

GiantsSwaGG
Waiting on WOJ to report it

koreancabbage
07-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Lebron wants to play with Durant. so obvious.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 02:30 PM
never seen such a frightened player in my life, he knows wade is breaking down and miami has maybe a 1 or 2 yr window MAX.

or maybe he wants to put pressure on the franchise, if he resigns for 5 years, arison will go back to being cheap.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Can you blame him? And fwiw, MJ did the same thing during his second tenure with the Bulls.

lmao now that mj did, its okay

JNA17
07-01-2014, 02:35 PM

Because Lebron needs the attention.

Ok without sounding like a hater, Lebron will be 31 or 32 after two years, Lebron knows that he can get a higher max deal after he turns that age instead of signing a more long term max deal deal now.

He's just trying to squeeze out as much money as he can make until he gets to that age (32 years old is the magic number) where he can then sign a long term max deal. That way even if he breaks down then, he still gets all the money in the world.

For Lebron it's a pretty clever idea, although it also makes him look like a scumbag from the fans perspective and possibility a coward as he would just take this deal then leave the Heat to go to his final third team when he squeezes out the most money and years he can get.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 02:36 PM
LeBron James is such a coward.. Lol. Chris Bosh staying for 5 years is huge, though.

Screw James though. I cannot believe he is signing a short term contract for max as an assurance in case this fails. What a joke of a player. Losing respect for him more and more each day.

If he leaves he's a coward because supposedly he didn't want to stick it through
If he re-signs long term he's stupid because the HEAT supposedly won't win with cast
If he re-signs short term he's a joke because he wants to keep HEAT on a short leash
If he signs for the max he's greedy because he doesn't want the HEAT to be able to build
If he signs for less he's weak because he needs more help to win championships

I mean, I'm a HEAT fan, not a "LeBron fan" so I'm not getting wrapped up in whatever legacy or perception talk you guys have, but for the most part, none of the logic against LeBron is linear. Its an ever-changing agenda just to hate the guy. Whatever move he makes is always going to be the wrong move.

How I see it, taking a short term contract is a gamble on his part. If he has a career altering injury he's left out to dry.

PraiseJesus
1 Year deal so Lebron can sign with the KNICKS!!!

kozelkid
lmao now that mj did, its okay
No, it's okay because that Heat team will likely implode within the next two years because Riley hasn't shown any ability to develop young talent the last five years or so.

I'm just making the point that MJ did the same. When you're the best player in the world and have the ridiculous amout of endorsements as Lebron or MJ, you don't have to worry too much about long term financial security as far as salary goes.

bucketss
Arison, the owner of the Miami Heat, has paid a healthy amount of the luxury tax every year past the original formation of the super team that’s made the NBA Finals four years in a row; but by opting towards thriftiness over this past season, Arison may have alienated his superstar point forward. As Dan Feldman from NBC Sports breaks down, the Heat amnestied Mike Miller (and Feldman doesn’t mention it, but the amnesty came just days after Pat Riley had said they weren’t going to amnesty anyone), traded away their 2014 draft pick in order to offload Joel Anthony’s contract, and failed to leverage their Mid Level Exception, or their MLE, into getting someone that might’ve helped them more than the scrap heap signings of Greg Oden and Michael Beasley.

you have to put stingy owners in their place.

abe_froman
smart move on lebron's part.the heat have about 2 years left and doesnt want to be stuck there when their window closes, and cleveland's young core will be ready to take the jump by then

jaydubb
07-01-2014, 02:37 PM
So is it....

Bosh 5 years 15mill/year
wade 4 years 12mill/year
lebron 2 years 22mill/year

Is that what this is looking like? If it is, then wow miami does have a little room after this for free agents but not much..

I wanna know the contract details and I won't fully believe until WOJ reports/confirms it..

koreancabbage

this contract plus the next one until retirement kind of thing. of course its a big deal for you.

Saddletramp
People complain when guys sign long deals that hogtie a team. They complain when guys sign short term because it doesn't prove their loyalty (or something).

Man, people hate LeBron so much it's pretty funny. Guy can't do anything with ensuing butthurt from guys who'd do the same thing in his position.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 02:38 PM
No, it's okay because that Heat team will likely implode within the next two years because Riley hasn't shown any ability to develop young talent the last five years or so.

I'm just making the point that MJ did the same. When you're the best player in the world and have the ridiculous amout of endorsements as Lebron or MJ, you don't have to worry too much about long term financial security as far as salary goes.

i agree with you, just was taking jabs at a laker fan who commented.

PraiseJesus
07-01-2014, 02:39 PM
On a separate note--

Heat fans were beyond disrespectful during the finals when they left early and booed a team that went 4 years in a row.

Now Im seeing Heat fans bashing LeBron for possibly only staying 1 or 2 years longer???

If im Lebron im getting away from these bratty fans ASAP

Gimmie the KNicks fans who sellout MSG even though they suck for a few decades!

championships
07-01-2014, 02:41 PM
The capital letters by heat fans is really annoying

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2014, 02:41 PM

The guys a clown man, idk why you defend him sometimes.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2014, 02:42 PM
If he leaves he's a coward because supposedly he didn't want to stick it through
If he re-signs long term he's stupid because the HEAT supposedly won't win with cast
If he re-signs short term he's a joke because he wants to keep HEAT on a short leash
If he signs for the max he's greedy because he doesn't want the HEAT to be able to build

I mean, I'm a HEAT fan, not a "LeBron fan" so I'm not getting wrapped up in whatever legacy or perception talk you guys have, but for the most part, none of the logic against LeBron is linear. Its an ever-changing agenda just to hate the guy. Whatever move he makes is always going to be the wrong move.

How I see it, taking a short term contract is a gamble on his part. If he has a career altering injury he's left out to dry.

Ah I see you finally learned. It doesn't really matter what he does, people will find a reason to hate on him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
lmao Lebron is scared:laugh:

JNA17
On a separate note--

Heat fans were beyond disrespectful during the finals when they left early and booed a team that went 4 years in a row.

Now Im seeing Heat fans bashing LeBron for possibly only staying 1 or 2 years longer???

If im Lebron im getting away from these bratty fans ASAP

Gimmie the KNicks fans who sellout MSG even though they suck for a few decades!

Or the Lakers after selling out still in he worst season the Lakers ever had and made over $100 million in profit. XD

ManRam
People complain when guys sign long deals that hogtie a team. They complain when guys sign short term because it doesn't prove their loyalty (or something).

Man, people hate LeBron so much it's pretty funny. Guy can't do anything with ensuing butthurt from guys who'd do the same thing in his position.

He's wrong either way. That's all there is to it!

Has what's said in the OP picked up steam elsewhere? Can't really look around right now...

Alayla
07-01-2014, 02:43 PM

Yes how DARE a player maximize there career

kozelkid
07-01-2014, 02:43 PM
So is it....

Bosh 5 years 15mill/year
wade 4 years 12mill/year
lebron 2 years 22mill/year

Is that what this is looking like? If it is, then wow miami does have a little room after this for free agents but not much..

I wanna know the contract details and I won't fully believe until WOJ reports/confirms it..
Should have roughly 10-11mil to spend (cap holds notwithstanding). Though I do think Gortat could get 12 to 13 a year easily in the open market.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Lebron knows to win he needs a secondary superstar. Wade only has another year or 2 with any chance of staying healthy enough to be that guy. Bosh isn't assertive enough to be a #2 so he needs to be #3. Lebron doesn't want to risk being locked into a situation where he doesn't have that secondary guy nor any cap flexibility to go out and get him. A short term deal lets him leave to go find a better situation once Miami isn't looking so good.

It's a smart move but he's basically telling Wade and Bosh, his friends, that he's not sure they're good enough. I could see that definitely creating some tension in the lockeroom.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2014, 02:44 PM
lmao Lebron is scared:laugh:

Has he ever not been?

Big Zo
07-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Who is this guy?

IgglesFanInCO
or maybe he wants to put pressure on the franchise, if he resigns for 5 years, arison will go back to being cheap.

This, after the Cavs organization ****ed him over for years he has every right to try to make sure it doesnt happen again

The blind hate for this guy is ridiculous, people have every right to hate him, but the constant attempts to spin any and all news even semi-related to him into fuel for the hate-train is getting really old

If he had signed for a 5 year max he would have just been chasing the money, if he had signed at a discount he would have just been shamelessly chasing rings, if he signs with another team he would be a traitor, if he stays with miami its just because he's coddled by help, and no matter what he does, hes not as good as a stud like kobe :rolleyes:

bucketss

typical response from you, try using ur brain for once.

Corey
LeBron cant win in the eyes of the masses no matter what he does. The second he left Cleveland, he opted for criticism the rest of his career.

Just appreciate the fact that you're watching an era of the NBA with KD and LeBron. People are so damn critical. Who cares how many years he signs for? Is it bad a player wants to win?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
it is Heat not HEAT, or is it? :rolleyes:

FlashBolt

Face it, LeBron is being a coward and I am a huge LeBron fan. He's the only reason I even dig up on Heat news. But, this is a coward move. He doesn't know how Wade/Bosh will turn out two years later and he doesn't want to give up any money to sign free agents. You can't not take a paycut and expect Durant to show up on your team. Something has to give and it seems like Bron is giving up nothing to play for Miami. Wade/Bosh are taking paycuts so that paycut can go straight into Bron's account and he leaves two years later - basically screwing Wade/Bosh over? Lol. As a Heat or James fan, people need to stop being biased and defending their players for things that are not defend-able. I agree that he gets a lot of unnecessary criticism but asking for the max and leaving after two years is not a good sign for Bron. Stay with Miami long term, dig it out, and win through adversity. Stop trying to jump ship every damn season and expect to win every year as well while not having backlash from the media. Look at Tim. Spurs never won every year and 5/17 or whatever isn't bad but the point is he never jumped ship after he lost the year after. He stayed and grinded out the rings. For the love of God, hopping around like a bunny does tarnish your legacy.

Alayla
07-01-2014, 02:47 PM

Thank you people are doing anything they can to stay down on lebron right now just accept and appericate the players greatness rather than looking for any reason to take a slide at him possible
it gets so old.

Big Zo
07-01-2014, 02:48 PM

Whatever it is, it's not "Jim Buss", so we're good. :p

JNA17
07-01-2014, 02:49 PM
It's a smart move but he's basically telling Wade and Bosh, his friends, that he's not sure they're good enough. I could see that definitely creating some tension in the lockeroom.

I would love to hear Wade and Bosh just going like "hey if you lack that much faith to stick with us long term, then **** you, gtf out of my team and go chase a ring somewhere else".

Respect points for those two would fly over the freaking roof.

Sly Guy
07-01-2014, 02:49 PM

lol, I agree. He's a great player, but stuff like this to me screams that he's out for the easiest path to a lofty legacy, and that will make me think less of him when comparing him to other all-time greats

Alayla
07-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Face it, LeBron is being a coward and I am a huge LeBron fan. He's the only reason I even dig up on Heat news. But, this is a coward move. He doesn't know how Wade/Bosh will turn out two years later and he doesn't want to give up any money to sign free agents. You can't not take a paycut and expect Durant to show up on your team. Something has to give and it seems like Bron is giving up nothing to play for Miami. Wade/Bosh are taking paycuts so that paycut can go straight into Bron's account and he leaves two years later - basically screwing Wade/Bosh over? Lol. As a Heat or James fan, people need to stop being biased and defending their players for things that are not defend-able. I agree that he gets a lot of unnecessary criticism but asking for the max and leaving after two years is not a good sign for Bron. Stay with Miami long term, dig it out, and win through adversity. Stop trying to jump ship every damn season and expect to win every year as well while not having backlash from the media. Look at Tim. Spurs never won every year and 5/17 or whatever isn't bad but the point is he never jumped ship after he lost the year after. He stayed and grinded out the rings. For the love of God, hopping around like a bunny does tarnish your legacy.

Legacy is such a nasty word in this context its like you didnt do your carrer the way I WANT YOU TOO
If you do it your way then your not as good.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 02:50 PM

I'm not biased like you. Every player needs some defending because there are haters out there. He doesn't deserve 90% of what gets thrown on him but this is certainly that 10% part. Along with him failing in 2011, making fun of Dirk, and constantly complaining for calls. Other than those three, I really don't see how he deserved the hate for having underperforming teammates, carrying his team, The Decision, and other mumbo-jumbo. He was clearly hyping the crowd up when he was talking about not 1,2,3,4,5... so I'm not going to take that too serious. Kobe was saying how LAL were going to destroy OKC when they got Dwight but no one ever mentions it.

DR_1
07-01-2014, 02:51 PM
The capital letters by heat fans is really annoying

+1

DaBear
07-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Lebron James has been a coward. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone

Big Zo
07-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Again, who the **** is reporting this?

king4day
07-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I'd be surprised if he didn't do a 5 year deal with PO's after the 3rd again. What if he gets seriously injured?

bucketss
07-01-2014, 02:54 PM

why should he take a paycut so the owner can keep his cheap ways up, past few years dude has been giving up draft picks, signing dudes like curry,beasley and greg ****ing oden. he amenstied miller even thou pat riley said no one will be amestied, just to get out of luxury tax. face it dude let this roster age by being cheap,and it caught up to them this year. lebron is smart by signing two year contract it puts major pressure on this organization.

ManRam
07-01-2014, 02:55 PM
The coward talk is cute. Predictable, but cute nonetheless.

Aust
07-01-2014, 02:56 PM
People are too critical. Am I the only one who thinks that a 2 year deal is the best move for Lebron?

RateSports
07-01-2014, 02:59 PM
People are too critical. Am I the only one that thinks that a 2 year deal is the best move for Lebron?

No one looks at it that way, except us lol.

Everyone else just looks like "He's selfish!!!! See!", "He's the Drama King!".

Dude wants options.

Do we not all want options?

Imagine if you had to marry that hott girl from hs who ended up nasty.

People need options.

Big Zo
07-01-2014, 03:00 PM
No one knows who this clown is, and everyone is believing him.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:01 PM
So no one finds that he's signing a two year deal a coward move? Why else is he signing a two year deal? LeBron is not entitled to rings each year. He has to work for them and running around the league because he's insecure of his teammates is not a good sign. Check my post history, 99% I am defending James. Two year deal so he can jump ships if he loses or resign if they actually win? I look at Tim Duncan - a guy who stuck with his team his entire career and never two-peated but stayed. They last won a ring like what? 6-7 years ago? Dude still never jumped ships and stuck with them.

Big Zo
07-01-2014, 03:02 PM
So no one finds that he's signing a two year deal a coward move? Why else is he signing a two year deal? LeBron is not entitled to rings each year. He has to work for them and running around the league because he's insecure of his teammates is not a good sign. Check my post history, 99% I am defending James. Two year deal so he can jump ships if he loses or resign if they actually win? I look at Tim Duncan - a guy who stuck with his team his entire career and never two-peated but stayed. They last won a ring like what? 6-7 years ago? Dude still never jumped ships and stuck with them.

See above post.

Procision
07-01-2014, 03:02 PM

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:03 PM
See above post.

Well, obviously it's not confirmed yet. There's a reason why this forum exists. We express our views on various subjects and if this turns out to be true, I don't take my words back for a second.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:04 PM

Wow, they sacrificed more than I thought. Didn't expect Bosh to drop down that low.

curtcocaine
07-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Smart move in two years hes going to Golden State.

Big Zo
07-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Well, obviously it's not confirmed yet. There's a reason why this forum exists. We express our views on various subjects and if this turns out to be true, I don't take my words back for a second.
Ok, but how about waiting and seeing what happens first? I keep asking who the person that reported this is, and no one seems to be able to tell me.

Silent
07-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Wades Gonna make more then Bosh Really? Lol hahahahahahahahhaha

championships
07-01-2014, 03:06 PM
In the end, I think this article is BS. I haven't seen this news mentioned by anyone else who is credible.

MelanconMadness
07-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Lebron and wade playing tricks on bosh again.

JNA17
07-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Like I said I don't believe any of this until more media outlets pick it up (maybe) or Woj says it.

You guys are going to get played otherwise.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 03:10 PM
First off, nobody is taking any pay cuts to stay with the HEAT, period. You guys need to get that out of your heads. Wade, LeBron, and Bosh were all only due to make $42-$43 each, they are all seeking contracts for more than that amount.

Secondly, if he signs for a 2year contract its for the same amount of time as the original. Him opting out would have little significance than if he didn't opt out at all and just played out the 6 year original deal.

Third, this is speculation, we don't know what contract he's going to sign. Even if it is true, if this is his way of putting pressure on ownership (even if he might have no real intention of leaving) he's totally within his freedom to do so, especially if it comes at the expense of his own insurance being that an injury is only screwing himself and his own earning potential.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Ok, but how about waiting and seeing what happens first? I keep asking who the person that reported this is, and no one seems to be able to tell me.

That really defeats the purpose of a forum, though. I do understand that this is just a rumor but James wanting the max has been no secret. Two years is the shocker for me. I'd expect him to sign long term and finish his career in Miami. Jumping teams is really not a good look. I don't respect championship chasers because it should come naturally. What he did from Cleveland to Miami was acceptable since he never had legitimate teammates but going from good teammates and ditching them after they took paycuts so you can join Durant or Curry is just a bad image.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 03:13 PM
lol @@@@@ 11 million, this is false,

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:16 PM
First off, nobody is taking any pay cuts to stay with the HEAT, period. You guys need to get that out of your heads. Wade, LeBron, and Bosh were all only due to make $42-$43 each, they are all seeking contracts for more than that amount.

Secondly, if he signs for a 2year contract its for the same amount of time as the original. Him opting out would have little significance than if he didn't opt out at all and just played out the 6 year original deal.

Third, this is speculation, we don't know what contract he's going to sign. Even if it is true, if this is his way of putting pressure on ownership (even if he might have no real intention of leaving) he's totally within his freedom to do so, especially if it comes at the expense of his own insurance being that an injury is only screwing himself and his own earning potential.

1) Lol, do you know what you're talking about? Assuming this is true, Bosh/Wade will make 60/48 million respectively. Wade and Bosh will make 42/43 respectively over two years. Wade can definitely get more than 5 million per year from other teams and Bosh will still be a at least an 8 million player after two years. They are taking paycuts because their opportunity cost is down. Do you know the meaning of economics?

2) I don't get this. He opted out clearly to explore his options. Regardless of how it ends, he opted out for a reason and it wasn't to take less considering there are numerous sources claiming James wants the maximum.

I don't get your arguments; they are completely false. It is evident they are taking paycuts. It's as if when Dwight signed a four year contract with Houston instead of Lakers and they said he was losing 30 million. No, he was losing 8 million because he will be a free agent after four years and will have the option to make another max deal.

shep33
07-01-2014, 03:16 PM
If this is true, it helps Miami short term but those contracts are probably heavily backloaded which screws them long term.

Wade for 4 more years. Not sure he has 2 left in him with his poor health

JustinTime
07-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Same guy is saying Lowry is signing tomorrow and Toronto is in the lead.

JNA17
lol @@@@@ 11 million, this is false,

Yeah that is way too stupid for anyone to believe. AND FIVE years to top it all off? Bosh would be getting conned. He can easily get a near max if not a max with Dallas or another team. It makes no sense.

Aust
Everyone should take this with a grain of salt until more credible sources back it or say something.

JNA17
07-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Everyone should take this with a grain of salt until more credible sources back it or say something.

Nice stealth edit lol

I was just going to say that Woj can't exactly give us anything when nothing is actually happening yet. :p

Big Zo
07-01-2014, 03:20 PM
That really defeats the purpose of a forum, though. I do understand that this is just a rumor but James wanting the max has been no secret. Two years is the shocker for me. I'd expect him to sign long term and finish his career in Miami. Jumping teams is really not a good look. I don't respect championship chasers because it should come naturally. What he did from Cleveland to Miami was acceptable since he never had legitimate teammates but going from good teammates and ditching them after they took paycuts so you can join Durant or Curry is just a bad image.

I don't think overreacting to stupid rumors started by some random guy on twitter is the purpose of a forum, but that's just me.

Aust
07-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Nice stealth edit lol

I was just going to say that Woj can't exactly give us anything when nothing is actually happening yet. :p

WOJ!

:worthy:

RateSports
07-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Can this thread just be closed.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 03:24 PM
1) Lol, do you know what you're talking about? Assuming this is true, Bosh/Wade will make 60/48 million respectively. Wade and Bosh will make 42/43 respectively over two years. Wade can definitely get more than 5 million per year from other teams and Bosh will still be a at least an 8 million player after two years. They are taking paycuts because their opportunity cost is down. Do you know the meaning of economics?

2) I don't get this. He opted out clearly to explore his options. Regardless of how it ends, he opted out for a reason and it wasn't to take less considering there are numerous sources claiming James wants the maximum.

I don't get your arguments; they are completely false. It is evident they are taking paycuts. It's as if when Dwight signed a four year contract with Houston instead of Lakers and they said he was losing 30 million. No, he was losing 8 million because he will be a free agent after four years and will have the option to make another max deal.

I'm not following whatever numbers are on a twitter of a non-reputable Oregon journalist. The point is they will all be receiving a larger contract than they originally signed. I personally expect something like 4/60 for Wade, 5/80 for Bosh.

I don't get how you don't get LeBron opting out to sign the same contract he already had to put pressure on ownership, but ultimately re-sign for the same deal with an added $3-4 million bonus basically. Are you just not looking at it from his point of view of putting pressure on ownership even though he intends to re-sign?

Last year Arison didn't spend the tax payer MLE, maybe he just wants to see him add a player with the non-tax payer MLE and the BAE. Maybe he doesn't need as much help as you people think he expects to come in, but just wants Arison to use all the resources available to add talent to the team.

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2014, 03:24 PM
LeBron wants to sign a one year deal because he knows the Knicks have cap space next year. ;)

Melo re-signs with Knicks, LeBron comes next year with Marc Gasol.

Let me dream, please.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-01-2014, 03:26 PM
How believable!

Tony_Starks
07-01-2014, 03:28 PM

Lol at Arison being cheap. Where have you been the past 4 years? The Heat stay among the league leaders in payroll.

The current cba is meant to prevent people from making these super teams. If you're going to have 3 allstars there's only so much more you can financially do after that cap-wise.

nysportsfan23
Confirmation? Reliable source?

JNA17
WOJ!

:worthy:

If Woj was the one to report this, then I'll believe it.

I really don't know how he does it though. I'm very curious what kind of sources a man like him has. All are his connections Sports agents for those players or something? XD

JNA17
07-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Confirmation? Reliable source?

Neither. No Woj bomb.

So thread should be closed now.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:30 PM
I'm not following whatever numbers are on a twitter of a non-reputable Oregon journalist. The point is they will all be receiving a larger contract than they originally signed. I personally expect something like 4/60 for Wade, 5/80 for Bosh.

I don't get how you don't get LeBron opting out to sign the same contract he already had to put pressure on ownership, but ultimately re-sign for the same deal with an added $3-4 million bonus basically. Are you just not looking at it from his point of view of putting pressure on ownership even though he intends to re-sign?

Last year Arison didn't spend the tax payer MLE, maybe he just wants to see him add a player with the non-tax payer MLE and the BAE. Maybe he doesn't need as much help as you people think he expects to come in, but just wants Arison to use all the resources available to add talent to the team.

You said paycut, not contract. You also fail to realize that James wants the max - which means if Wade/Bosh take in 25 million combined, leaves Miami with 17 million. Considering Miami already has $2 million in guaranteed, they are down 15. I don't know anything of Micky Arison and him not paying the taxes but what does James expect? Pat has said that Micky will pay whatever he has to pay so I'm really not sure on what that situation really is. As for these rumors, clearly I am speaking as if they were true. If it weren't good for him, we wouldn't be speaking of this. Just my view on James if this is true. Again, I defend James 99% of the time.

Minimal
07-01-2014, 03:31 PM

its not even a fact yet. why u hate straight on? i seriously doubt james is worried about money, his net worth is around 250 millions and he is making 55 millions a year, i think he is gonna do whats best for his legacy. obviously signing a short term contract is a little bit douchy, but its just a rumor so far.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2014, 03:31 PM

Jordan did the same thing with the Bulls.

Can't blame the guy for making sure he has the chance to win

TylerSL
07-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Regardless if this is true or not (I'm not seeing it reported anywhere else) I believe Wade/Bosh are staying no matter what. For Wade, Miami is always his home, he will always be taken care of. Bosh has started a life here in Miami with his wife and 2 kids. He has also won more than he ever had in Toronto. Miami is his home now.

I get Lebron not wanting to commit long term. He does not want his prime years to be wasted by teams not competing, and signing short term keeps pressure on the organization to keep talent around him. However, if I am Miami, I refuse to play this game with him every year. Signing 1 year contracts every year is ludicrous and damages trust. It would negatively effect his own chances to win long term if he and the team have to do this dance every year.

Antipod
07-01-2014, 03:32 PM
500+ ppl browsing this topic, must be a record since |the decision| xD

Blitzace137
07-01-2014, 03:35 PM

People seem to forget this, if true, it makes a ton of sense if Lebron signs a two year deal, it allows him to get one last supermax and it keeps the pressure on the Heats front office, but some fans will see it as a sign of weakness from LeBron.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Lol at Arison being cheap. Where have you been the past 4 years? The Heat stay among the league leaders in payroll.

The current cba is meant to prevent people from making these super teams. If you're going to have 3 allstars there's only so much more you can financially do after that cap-wise.

after signing the big three hes been cheap, hes been trying to avoid paying the luxury tax, tell me why he amnestied miller? trading first rounders for nothing? not using mle, LMAO exactly, thats what i thought.

Vinylman
why should he take a paycut so the owner can keep his cheap ways up, past few years dude has been giving up draft picks, signing dudes like curry,beasley and greg ****ing oden. he amenstied miller even thou pat riley said no one will be amestied, just to get out of luxury tax. face it dude let this roster age by being cheap,and it caught up to them this year. lebron is smart by signing two year contract it puts major pressure on this organization.

revisionist history... how many picks did the heat give up when they signed james and bosh just so they could get more money? is 4 firsts and multiple seconds? I can't remember...

blame the idiot james and bosh for not having the picks ... not riley

JNA17

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Although three rights make a left. :laugh2:

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:39 PM
its not even a fact yet. why u hate straight on? i seriously doubt james is worried about money, his net worth is around 250 millions and he is making 55 millions a year, i think he is gonna do whats best for his legacy. obviously signing a short term contract is a little bit douchy, but its just a rumor so far.

So why can't I speculate my view on this in the event that it is true? Am I not able to do that? Look at all these Heat fans calling me a hater. I defend James 99% of the time - hardly hating straight on. Just stating a simple view on James if it's true. As for the networth, celebritynetworth or wherever you googled that from is pretty false. No google can properly estimate someone's networth. Btw, Kobe took 23 and he definitely has a higher networth than Bron at this point. James is a businessman - money is something he is going to look more into.

Vinylman
People seem to forget this, if true, it makes a ton of sense if Lebron signs a two year deal, it allows him to get one last supermax and it keeps the pressure on the Heats front office, but some fans will see it as a sign of weakness from LeBron.

I don't buy any of this but lets assume the report is correct... what you are saying is Lebron put everyone through this opt out for an extra $3 million over 2 years while losing the ability to decline his player option after next year...

boy is he shrewd....

I will give you a better interpretation... he is a selfish fcuk who is playing DWade and Bosh by making them take less.

Swift Game
I don't see any news of this on any other Twitter feeds...I usually would have seen something by now...

beasted86
07-01-2014, 03:41 PM
You said paycut, not contract. You also fail to realize that James wants the max - which means if Wade/Bosh take in 25 million combined, leaves Miami with 17 million. Considering Miami already has $2 million in guaranteed, they are down 15. I don't know anything of Micky Arison and him not paying the taxes but what does James expect? Pat has said that Micky will pay whatever he has to pay so I'm really not sure on what that situation really is. As for these rumors, clearly I am speaking as if they were true. If it weren't good for him, we wouldn't be speaking of this. Just my view on James if this is true. Again, I defend James 99% of the time.

These guys are looking to sign contracts, not year to year deals. They opted out to get long term security.

Pat Riley also said they wouldn't amnesty Mike Miller, but they did. At the end of the day Arison is still a great owner, but he didn't exactly pay whatever was necessary last summer (which was different from all previous years). He instead cut Miller and didn't use the MLE.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:41 PM
This is unfair for Bosh if anything. Wade can't play first option anymore but Bosh can probably get a max out there. Him taking much less so James can bolt after two years really screws Bosh financially. I hope this isn't true just for James legacy but Bosh may be losing out on at least $40 million over 4 years.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 03:45 PM
This is unfair for Bosh if anything. Wade can't play first option anymore but Bosh can probably get a max out there. Him taking much less so James can bolt after two years really screws Bosh financially. I hope this isn't true just for James legacy but Bosh may be losing out on at least $40 million over 4 years.

The problem is you are believing this report. They aren't opting out of $40M over 2 years to sign for like $50M over 4 years.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 03:47 PM
So if they all resign then next season Bosh makes 15 million, Wade 12 million in the first year and LeBron possibly make 22 or thereabouts. So if my math is correct that's maybe a shade over 49 million because I am sure the dollar amounts won't be even amounts. So a little under 14 million to spend barring any vet minimum signings. Do able. Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, he wants to team up with Durant. No coincidence Durant becomes afr ee agent in two years and if he doesn't win one in OKC he may want to get away from Westbrook and play with a guy who doesn't mind passing the ball and taking less shots a game.

chi-townlove1

Couldn't agree more. Like we can't see right through it Lebron

J4KOP99
7 pages on a rumor from a guy nobody has ever heard of

Minimal
07-01-2014, 03:48 PM
So why can't I speculate my view on this in the event that it is true? Am I not able to do that? Look at all these Heat fans calling me a hater. I defend James 99% of the time - hardly hating straight on. Just stating a simple view on James if it's true. As for the networth, celebritynetworth or wherever you googled that from is pretty false. No google can properly estimate someone's networth. Btw, Kobe took 23 and he definitely has a higher networth than Bron at this point. James is a businessman - money is something he is going to look more into.
pretty false? obviously it won't be real accurate, but approximate. you think james makes money only from his contracts? there are hundreds sources of income for james, just for example just recently james made 30 millions when dr dre sold his dr dre headphones company to apple. james had a small stake in the company and it brought him 30 mills.

Vinylman
07-01-2014, 03:49 PM
These guys are looking to sign contracts, not year to year deals. They opted out to get long term security.

Pat Riley also said they wouldn't amnesty Mike Miller, but they did. At the end of the day Arison is still a great owner, but he didn't exactly pay whatever was necessary last summer (which was different from all previous years). He instead cut Miller and didn't use the MLE.

no... actually riley did a **** job as usual and only recruited "name" players for the bench (ie Beasley and oden) rather than filling in the gaps with better yet lesser known players

Nikeman
07-01-2014, 03:49 PM

If this report is true, I hope LeBron leaves Miami, I don't want him here anymore.

For one, he makes Bosh and Wade take 10 million dollar paycuts, and demands the max for himself? Well LeDouche, Bosh can get the max on the open market or very close to it himself and he's taking a 8 million dollar paycut at the minimum for this.

LeBron is the one who is the one who wants roster help, and his two big 3 companions are willing to drop significant salary to accommodate that, while LeBron hurts the cause by getting a raise?? What a joke man.

Finally, I adamantly defended him when he left Cleveland, they had 7 years to put a team around him and couldn't do that. He left, now if he leaves Miami, he will just look like a ring chaser and nobody will ever take his legacy seriously. Miami has gotten him two titles and taken him to 4 straight finals and he wants a 1 year deal to do this again next year? What a *******. If he can't commit to us, he can go to hell and go sign with another team and put them through this every 2 years because the dude is the most disloyal, selfish and least respected player of all time by the greats.

I hope he leaves so his legacy is forever tarnished and he is made a joke.

Minimal
07-01-2014, 03:51 PM
and i'm pretty sure wade and bosh are gonna sign identical contracts, even though bosh deserves a bigger one.

jerellh528
07-01-2014, 03:51 PM
If this report is true, I hope LeBron leaves Miami, I don't want him here anymore.

For one, he makes Bosh and Wade take 10 million dollar paycuts, and demands the max for himself? Well LeDouche, Bosh can get the max on the open market or very close to it himself and he's taking a 8 million dollar paycut at the minimum for this.

LeBron is the one who is the one who wants roster help, and his two big 3 companions are willing to drop significant salary to accommodate that, while LeBron hurts the cause by getting a raise?? What a joke man.

Finally, I adamantly defended him when he left Cleveland, they had 7 years to put a team around him and couldn't do that. He left, now if he leaves Miami, he will just look like a ring chaser and nobody will ever take his legacy seriously. Miami has gotten him two titles and taken him to 4 straight finals and he wants a 1 year deal to do this again next year? What a *******. If he can't commit to us, he can go to hell and go sign with another team and put them through this every 2 years because the dude is the most disloyal, selfish and least respected player of all time by the greats.

Even Miami fans are starting to get it

Lo Porto
07-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Jordan signed one year contracts and demanded $36 million a year the last two years in Chicago (when nobody else was making $20). So unless you are willing to bash your precious MJ too, then shut up.

LBJ wants to win titles. He's also a savvy businessman. 2 years at max is brilliant.

chi-townlove1
07-01-2014, 03:53 PM

Omg I love you.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:55 PM
pretty false? obviously it won't be real accurate, but approximate. you think james makes money only from his contracts? there are hundreds sources of income for james, just for example just recently james made 30 millions when dr dre sold his dr dre headphones company to apple. james had a small stake in the company and it brought him 30 mills.

No one's financial net worth is publicly given out. it is all false and speculation. This is just based on deals that are public. James may have legal fees, contracts with other companies that we are not aware of, and other countless financial aspects that his accountants and financial advisers are legally bounded to not reveal. Sure, go ahead and google his networth away. Chances are they aren't even close to being legitimate. And no, clearly he doesn't make money just off endorsements. I'm not stupid. He didn't make $30 million net profit. Assuming taxes and all that is settled, he probably rakes in $20 million. Not to mention the billions of options for him to commit tax write-offs, stuff that the public has no information about and thus why I said it is impossible to factually assume how much James networth really is. James can write a tax-writeoff for something as simple as his Bike-A-Thon event. You stated yourself; there are hundreds of sources of income. You don't know all of it, do you?

Nikeman
07-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Another thing, ANY MIAMI fan that is okay with this, is just a LeBron fan and not a Miami fan. If I am Pat Riley, I give Bosh and Wade the max, and then let LeBron go and sign some help with LeBrons cap space and blow it up and rebuild in 2 years

RateSports
07-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Welp..

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11163634/miami-heat-eye-kyle-lowry-pay-chris-bosh-dwyane-wade-less

Windhorst at least mentioning it.

I will go on record and say Bosh isn't bright.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Another thing, ANY MIAMI fan that is okay with this, is just a LeBron fan and not a Miami fan. If I am Pat Riley, I give Bosh and Wade the max, and then let LeBron go and sign some help with LeBrons cap space and blow it up and rebuild in 2 years

Lol, that is a bit too intense. These are rumors after all so it's a bit harsh of you to bash Heat fans at this point for defending him. Bosh/Wade with max? Idk, Miami is screwed if James leaves. It's as simple as that. Their loyalty for Wade will always haunt them and Wade's ego won't allow himself to take less than he thinks he's worth. Bosh might be worth max for a team that desperately needs a star but not championship material. Hey, if James couldn't win with Bosh/Wade, no way Melo or any other can.

DaBear
07-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Jordan signed one year contracts and demanded $36 million a year the last two years in Chicago (when nobody else was making $20). So unless you are willing to bash your precious MJ too, then shut up.

LBJ wants to win titles. He's also a savvy businessman. 2 years at max is brilliant.

Here come the jordan Lebron comparisons. Please, stop comparing Lebron to the GOAT. You guys cry that mr. 2-3 doesn't have help but are ok with him taking a max. Get off his nuts

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Damn, if Jordan demanded $36 million back then, that translates to $56 million adjusted for inflation.

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Speculating that there is $12 million cap space, does Miami really think that is enough?

Blitzace137
07-01-2014, 04:06 PM
I don't buy any of this but lets assume the report is correct... what you are saying is Lebron put everyone through this opt out for an extra $3 million over 2 years while losing the ability to decline his player option after next year...

boy is he shrewd....

I will give you a better interpretation... he is a selfish fcuk who is playing DWade and Bosh by making them take less.

You misunderstood me, I meant he can sign another max contract after two years, 5 years 100+ million after the two year contract and it keeps the pressure on the Heats FO. LeBron is Selfish? how? he's never been the highest paid player in his team and he's been in the league for 11 years, he's not making anyone take less, no one is holding a gun to their head. Wades a shell of what he used to be, it's the owners who wanted the cap configured the way it is now, not the players. Lebron is probably worth 30+ million a year, why should he take 15-18 million, when he's playing at his peak level in his prime?

shep33
07-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Bosh is giving up like 30 mill to win? That's insane.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 04:10 PM
no... actually riley did a **** job as usual and only recruited "name" players for the bench (ie Beasley and oden) rather than filling in the gaps with better yet lesser known players

So you really think it was Riley's decisions to amnesty Miller and not use the MLE?

He used the MLE the previous two years to add Battier and Ray Allen, but suddenly decided against it?

FlashBolt
07-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Bosh is giving up like 30 mill to win? That's insane.

More like at least 40. He can get the max for four years in a team. 20x4=80 rather than 5*11=55.

RateSports
07-01-2014, 04:13 PM
More like at least 40. He can get the max for four years in a team. 20x4=80 rather than 5*11=55.

Say what you want about winning, he is an idiot.

I would take the max and go play for Dallas.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 04:14 PM

I am a Jordan fan and I agree with you. The only problem is the damn cap they have now which prevents all these top players to make max money and play together. If that was possible the Lakers would have Westbrook at the 1, Kobe at the 2, James at the 3, Melo at the 4 and Howard anchoring the center position. And they would. But back to your point LBJ should be getting paid more than Melo or Kobe at this point in time and if he continues to give teams breaks he won't recognize his true worth. Having said that he still won't get paid more than those other two I mentioned. Those last two Jordan one year deals with Bulls were insane but he was grossly underpaid for being the best player in the world. Scottie Pippen was signed for ten years at 2.1 million per, now that's a player who had a beef.

goingfor28
Dumb move by bosh. Taking less money than broken wade, and staying 5 years when lebron might quit after 1 or 2 more years.

Bring The Heat

there is nothing confirmed so why don't you wait until you hear official news on anything before taking a dump on LeBron

goingfor28
07-01-2014, 04:15 PM
:rimshot:

Vinylman
07-01-2014, 04:16 PM
So you really think it was Riley's decisions to amnesty Miller and not use the MLE?

He used the MLE the previous two years to add Battier and Ray Allen, but suddenly decided against it?

do you even read what people post before you quote them? seriously?

there are an endless number of vet min players that could have helped Miami this year... riley chose poorly as he always has because he is only about signing "name" players

Miami didn't lose in the finals this year because mike miller was amnestied... that is nothing more than lazy analysis

nycericanguy
07-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Yea MJ's situation was different, he had never really gotten paid and he wasn't taking his teammates money...lol.

LBJ is basically taking Bosh's & Wade's salary for the next 5 years, but at the same time telling them he might leave after another year?...lol.

I don't know, it's like he's trying too hard to have a guarantee at titles. Like it's his god given right to always have the most stacked team.

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 04:18 PM

I don't think Cuban would be stupid enough to pay him that

Vinylman
07-01-2014, 04:19 PM
You misunderstood me, I meant he can sign another max contract after two years, 5 years 100+ million after the two year contract and it keeps the pressure on the Heats FO. LeBron is Selfish? how? he's never been the highest paid player in his team and he's been in the league for 11 years, he's not making anyone take less, no one is holding a gun to their head. Wades a shell of what he used to be, it's the owners who wanted the cap configured the way it is now, not the players. Lebron is probably worth 30+ million a year, why should he take 15-18 million, when he's playing at his peak level in his prime?

He could have done exactly what you said if he hadn't opted out sans about $3 million and he would have been able to decline a player option after next year... Which adds more pressure? seems like an easy analysis to me....

beasted86
07-01-2014, 04:20 PM

You should probably write a a letter to the Miami HEAT and ask them why its spelled that way instead of users on an internet forum.

Big Zo
07-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Can a mod either close this, or change the title to: "******** rumor started by some guy in his parents' basement believed by all the idiots that read it"?

beasted86
07-01-2014, 04:22 PM
do you even read what people post before you quote them? seriously?

there are an endless number of vet min players that could have helped Miami this year... riley chose poorly as he always has because he is only about signing "name" players

Miami didn't lose in the finals this year because mike miller was amnestied... that is nothing more than lazy analysis

I'm not sure... I thought I was reading at a college level being that I'm a graduate, but apparently I'm not, because I can't find where you answered my questions.

Aust
07-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Add

RUMOR:

to the title

jerellh528
07-01-2014, 04:23 PM
You should probably write a a letter to the Miami HEAT and ask them why its spelled that way instead of users on an internet forum.

Lol I'm pretty sure every team is spelled in caps lock. You guys are the only ones who actually capitalize every damn letter haha. You're not wrong, you're just an *******. Jk

RateSports
07-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Can a mod either close this, or change the title to: "******** rumor started by some guy in his parents' basement believed by all the idiots that read it"?

Windhorst cited it in his article..

I think its total trash to be honest, so I was shocked.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 04:24 PM
For the anemic amount of help LeBron received last season and all the responsibilities he had on a championship squad he deserves a significant raise. If the others pulled their weight and duties were shared equally then yeah he should take a little less but he was frustrated last season. They still need to sign an impact player but damned if I can think of one that may take a little less to go there and the only name that comes to mind is possibly Gasol but that all hinges on what LA offers him to resign.

RateSports
07-01-2014, 04:26 PM
The simple fact that LeBron is 10x the player that Chris Bosh and Wade currently are, he deserves the max.

Wade deserves about 9 million and Bosh about 13.

Wade is on his last legs in a big way. Don't give me his stats this year as evidence. The man missed 30 games. MJ could average 20 on 50% shooting today if he only played 50 games.

Procision
07-01-2014, 04:26 PM

lol i was a little hesitant to use this source but chuck swirsky who works for the Bulls RTd it. He is also followed by the likes of Woj and Stein.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 04:27 PM

if its true they are taking 11,12 mill while lebron gets 22 mill, than lebron has lost resepct from me, but its not true.. hes just trying to put pressure on arison, 2 year contract is going to be the best for this team,

goingfor28
07-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Or you guys can stop capitalizing it seeing as it's not written thst way anywhere else. Makes some of you look like you're 12

Rain City
this is smart for lebron, doesn't have to go to an unfamiliar team and probably has the best supporting cast he can get with the salary he wants to make. after 2 years he can whore himself to whatever team gives him the easiest chance to win a ring when bosh and wade will surely be in the back side of their career.

FriedTofuz
Bosh wouldnt get the max anymore, let's not kid ourselves, he's degressed. He's not coming fresh out of Toronto off 24/11, he aint getting the max. Dont kid yourselves.

He could get 15 mil a year. So he's coughing up roughly 20mil after 5 years.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Yeah, STOP WITH THE CAPITALIZING ALREADY!

bucketss
07-01-2014, 04:30 PM
no offence but some of you heat fans are so soft, i remember last year before lebrons 18 point 4th quarter you guys were saying lebron needs to be traded, hes a choke artist etc. and as soon as he started getting hot you were right back on his jock.

Crackadalic
07-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't see this reported anywhere

IF lebron is doing 1-2 year max can't blame him for doing just to keep his options open. If he ends up with no more then 4-5 titles people is going to blame him for not doing good enough for have sucky teammates. If he went to a stack team people are going to blame him for not be loyal

Either way he lose in the eyes of the media so let lebron do what he wants to win

benzni
07-01-2014, 04:32 PM
self-righteous arsehole

Blitzace137
07-01-2014, 04:33 PM
He could have done exactly what you said if he hadn't opted out sans about $3 million and he would have been able to decline a player option after next year... Which adds more pressure? seems like an easy analysis to me....

If he didn't opt-out along with Wade and Bosh than how would they sign another legit FA this season? It places pressure on the Heats to improve the team immediately this off-season. LeBron signing a two year deal will keep the pressure on them the next two season to keep improving the team, it makes a ton of sense imo.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Bosh wouldnt get the max anymore, let's not kid ourselves, he's degressed. He's not coming fresh out of Toronto off 24/11, he aint getting the max. Dont kid yourselves.

He could get 15 mil a year. So he's coughing up roughly 20mil after 5 years.

Remember the A'mare signing in 2010? There is always somebody desperate enough to sign a solid player to an elite superstar max deal.

J4KOP99
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM

Windhorst cited it in his article..

I think its total trash to be honest, so I was shocked.

I'm surprised Windhorst found some time in between Lunch 1 and lunch 2 to write an article

beasted86
Lol I'm pretty sure every team is spelled in caps lock. You guys are the only ones who actually capitalize every damn letter haha. You're not wrong, you're just an *******. Jk

No, the HEAT is named the "HEAT". If you visit the team website all of the articles spell it this way.
Ex: http://www.nba.com/heat/newsrecap/offense-demand

It makes sense since the word "Heat" can be ambiguous in a title or other publication. If you read an article title that said "HEAT" in all caps, you would rightly assume immediately it was about the team, and not something else. Unfortunately all media outlets have not adopted that format.

The main thing is I've never seen anybody correct anybody to try and say its "HEAT" not "Heat", but people feel some type of way whenever anyone is spelling it the way they know its supposed to be spelled. I think that says something douchy about you guys, not us.

THE MTL

if its true they are taking 11,12 mill while lebron gets 22 mill, than lebron has lost resepct from me, but its not true.. hes just trying to put pressure on arison, 2 year contract is going to be the best for this team,

Why? he is THAT much better than Wade and Bosh. It was robbery that those two made as much as James these past 3 years. Lebron deserves 22 million and more

Rain City
07-01-2014, 04:35 PM
i hope people can finally stop comparing lebron's legacy to MJ. its a different era, MJ was old school. when he was signing short term contracts in his 2nd tenure with CHI it was mainly due to krause being anxious to move on from MJ era so he could get more credit for Bulls success. MJ never flirted going to another team.

MJ took a dire franchise to an all time great pro sports dynasty. lebron is going to whore himself out to the easiest path to rings the rest of his career. i do kinda respect this time around he is actually taking his money (albeit short term contract)... good for lebron, he'll be probably get a bunch of rings and be the undisputed best player of the era. but regarding legacy, he can't be mentioned with MJ bc of the way he's gone about things in his career, even if he does match his titles and MVPs.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Or you guys can stop capitalizing it seeing as it's not written thst way anywhere else. Makes some of you look like you're 12

It's not written that way anywhere else except for the team's own website (http://www.nba.com/heat/), its official twitter (https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT) and other official team media. You are right, the majority of people don't spell it like that.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
MJ got backpay over his final two years. He made so much in endorsements that he didn't make waves about being underpaid till he saw an end in sight to his time in Chicago and made Jerry pay up if wanted a couple more championships. He earned it.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Lol, I don't believe it; but if true Leflow is an *******...

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 04:52 PM
The MJ/Lebron comparisons are a joke. There is none. Michael stayed in one place to win his titles. I don't count him going to the Wiz, he wasn't trying to win a title with those scrubs. He was bored and tired of watching those players give half hearted effort. Jordan's teams were 6/6 in Finals and LeBron is now 2/5. The one when he was with Cleveland against the Spurs can't count against him, neither could the one against the Spurs this year but against the Mavs was the biggest choke job by an elite superstar in any sport that I have ever seen. As Skip Bayless usually says, he went from The Chosen One to The Frozen One in that series against Dallas. Getting punked by Jason Terry on a national stage, just embarrassing.

WITZ
07-01-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm surprised Windhorst found some time in between Lunch 1 and lunch 2 to write an article

:laugh2: cold blooded

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 04:53 PM
I hope Lebron signs for a year or two and then comes to the CELTICS. We should have a pretty good young core with a couple more years of drafting. He would get to be the best FA signing of all time for the eam with the most titles. Plus we have so many green team homer former HOF players that would sing his praises. Get it done Danny. Lebron to the CELTICS!!!

Iron24th
07-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Lol what a coward is lebron, 1-2 years? Really???

And lol at re-signing wade for 4 years, can he even still play 2 more???

I Rock Shaqs
07-01-2014, 04:54 PM

I'm sure he's awfully hurt by you saying that about him... smh

Jeffy25
07-01-2014, 04:58 PM
If this is true, awesome move by James. That's what I would do. Then when his contract is up, he can look around and see if there is a better situation to go to. 2 years from now the Lakers will finally be rid of Kobe's giant contract so we'll have room :)

Yeah, how can anyone fault James for taking a 1 or 2 year max deal to come back? It's what I would do.

Lo Porto
07-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Here come the jordan Lebron comparisons. Please, stop comparing Lebron to the GOAT. You guys cry that mr. 2-3 doesn't have help but are ok with him taking a max. Get off his nuts

Not comparing them overall just contracts. The best player in Jordan's time did what I said. The best player in today's time does similar and he gets bashed.

And I would bet the biggest LBJ bashers are in love with the idol mj

Jeffy25
07-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Lol what a coward is lebron, 1-2 years? Really???

And lol at re-signing wade for 4 years, can he even still play 2 more???

So you read your second line

And then you read your first line

It's ironic, isn't it?

Lebron is a coward for only wanting to sign for 1-2 years

But they are dumb for signing Wade for 4 years.

So Lebron should hook himself to this Miami pony for 4 more years with an aging and overpaid Wade....

Doing that won't make him a coward to you?

SILVER SEAVER
I'm sorry why is everybody giving Wade a pass here? That guy should be lucky he is still employed by the Heat let alone make 12-13 per over the next four years. Him not being his Flash self cost them. If he showed up after all his rest he had during the regular season they may have had a fighting chance against the Spurs but basically when you just have to tire LeBron out and keep Bosh out behind the three point line they were ripe for the picking. Wade was a no show so him and LeBron are even in the no-show department for the Finals.

Procision

Lo Porto
07-01-2014, 05:01 PM
The MJ/Lebron comparisons are a joke. There is none. Michael stayed in one place to win his titles. I don't count him going to the Wiz, he wasn't trying to win a title with those scrubs. He was bored and tired of watching those players give half hearted effort. Jordan's teams were 6/6 in Finals and LeBron is now 2/5. The one when he was with Cleveland against the Spurs can't count against him, neither could the one against the Spurs this year but against the Mavs was the biggest choke job by an elite superstar in any sport that I have ever seen. As Skip Bayless usually says, he went from The Chosen One to The Frozen One in that series against Dallas. Getting punked by Jason Terry on a national stage, just embarrassing.

It is a joke. LBJ doesnt get to average 12 ft a finals game like mj. The NBA wasn't going to let mj lose cmon man. Be realistic. Hell, his signature moment was an offensive foul.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 05:02 PM
^Exactly. LOL!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Lebron and wade playing tricks on bosh again.

take a discount, like a Bosh

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 05:03 PM
It is a joke. LBJ doesnt get to average 12 ft a finals game like mj. The NBA wasn't going to let mj lose cmon man. Be realistic. Hell, his signature moment was an offensive foul.

Cough... bitter Jazz fan... cough

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Why would LeBron sign a longterm deal on an aging team? Wade may not even be upright for the next two years so it's a savvy move on his part. Becomes a free agent again at 32 and should still be playing at a high level so he can get paid again. Good for him. This is why someday he'll become a billionaire, he's cerebral.

bluefire7002

Seemed like it... I really doubt Wade takes that big of a pay cut.

Jeffy25

1. You quote Skip Bayless
2. You credit Jordan for being 6 for 6 in the Finals, the dumbest argument anyone can make for a legacy argument
3. You credit Jordan for staying in a place that he didn't have an option to leave until after they won 3 in a row and he was being given hall of famers. Then he comes back, and is given more great players that are stacked around him. Where would MJ have gone in 95 exactly?

3 excellent points, I applaud you

Why do I keep coming into the NBA forum to read this garbage? I should know better.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Yeah, how can anyone fault James for taking a 1 or 2 year max deal to come back? It's what I would do.

He's keeping is options open to jump to a team with a better supporting cast once MIA's is too old. That's classified as "ring chasing." Fair or not, that's something the majority of fans feel is for role players and supporting stars. Not franchise players. Lebron is really the first superstar to take that approach. Shaq left ORL in his prime to go to LA but that was more about market than ring chasing. What Lebron's doing is unprecendented for an all time elite player. It's smart and makes perfect sense from his perspective, but that's why fans view it as "cowardly."

RowBTrice
07-01-2014, 05:08 PM
I can't wait for all the Heat fans to disappear again when LBJ bolts Miami.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 05:09 PM

lmao i knew it, but these false reports exposed some heat fans in this thread.

QueensG_718
07-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Bosh is a big boy. That's his fault for not looking to get more elsewhere

Jeffy25
07-01-2014, 05:10 PM
He's keeping is options open to jump to a team with a better supporting cast once MIA's is too old. That's classified as "ring chasing." Fair or not, that's something the majority of fans feel is for role players and supporting stars. Not franchise players. Lebron is really the first superstar to take that approach. Shaq left ORL in his prime to go to LA but that was more about market than ring chasing. What Lebron's doing is unprecendented for an all time elite player. It's smart and makes perfect sense from his perspective, but that's why fans view it as "cowardly."

Why is it so bad for a franchise player to ring chase if he can?

He wasn't ever built around like all other franchise superstars got to be. So why not chase rings after his first 7 years in the league?

Why do people look down on that?

I don't like Lebron, but I don't see this as a glaring negative at a lot of NBA forum fans are saying it is.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 05:10 PM

Yeah because Michael wasn't getting killed by the Pistons for years going to the hole. Michael and his team's beat every team in their path, nothing was setup for them to win. James and his teams are either not good enough or he comes up small and disappears like against Dallas. And whose signature moment was an offensive foul? Not quite understanding that comment. And if LeBron went in like a locomotive consistently to the basket the guy would lead the NBA in "And 1's" every year. He looks timid at times going in and hence why he doesn't get his share of calls.

Jeffy25
07-01-2014, 05:11 PM
I don't see why Bosh would sign so long term though. If he thinks Bron is gonna do a 1-2 year deal, then he should too.

QueensG_718
07-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Lebron wants to come to NY when amares is off the books. Its so obvious

kobe4thewinbang
07-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Who da fuq can they afford to sign now? One guy? Lol...

thenaj17
07-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Difference being MJ was on like $3M per for years before he started getting $30m's

LBJ has earned more than enough through contracts to not need to go after the max especially when there is a limited cap and you're making your teammates take huge cuts to accommodate you

Rain City
07-01-2014, 05:14 PM

bingo.

i dont blame lebron at all for the approach he is taking toward his career. he wants to win many rings as possible in his career, he wants to get pd right now. look at carmelo's debacle, he forced a trade to a depleted team that take 2 years to even make the playoffs. lebron is being much more strategic.

lebron is an all time great. hands down best player in era. but he can't hold a candle to MJ, who retired after a 3peat... twice... if he ring chased as hard as lebron he coulda maybe won 10rings.

numba1CHANGsta
07-01-2014, 05:16 PM
This is so stupid lmao what a bunch of pansies

QueensG_718
07-01-2014, 05:19 PM
I know us knicks haven't won in 40 plus yrs but I don't want ***** *** lebron. I'm dead serious. Go thaaaaat way *big pun voice*

Sandman
07-01-2014, 05:21 PM

Good post

I was thinking about this too -- what kind of injury would have to go down in order for a team to not offer him the max? Even a torn ACL

I figure it will end up being a long term deal with opt outs

thenaj17
07-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Yeah because Michael wasn't getting killed by the Pistons for years going to the hole. Michael and his team's beat every team in their path, nothing was setup for them to win. James and his teams are either not good enough or he comes up small and disappears like against Dallas. And whose signature moment was an offensive foul? Not quite understanding that comment. And if LeBron went in like a locomotive consistently to the basket the guy would lead the NBA in "And 1's" every year. He looks timid at times going in and hence why he doesn't get his share of calls.

Clearly on about the push off against the Jazz to clinch the title and to be fair it was definitely an offensive foul

bucketss
07-01-2014, 05:22 PM
I know us knicks haven't won in 40 plus yrs but I don't want ***** *** lebron. I'm dead serious. Go thaaaaat way *big pun voice*

you say that as if lebron would even consider the knicks for a second.

Sssmush
07-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't see how this can be true. If it is, Bosh should fire his agent.

Why would he sign a FIVE YEAR deal at a $5M+ per year discount? And only one day into free agency. That makes zero sense to me. Even if Lebron is locked in for a two year contract it just does not make sense to me.

the only way it makes sense is if Bosh is just 100% down for Miami now, which is kind of cool if that is true. Still surprising to me because he could get max dollars in several cities

Sssmush
07-01-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't see why Bosh would sign so long term though. If he thinks Bron is gonna do a 1-2 year deal, then he should too.

this

QueensG_718

Anything is possible. In one year we can pair him with melo possibly

Max.This

sort of like how you're saying that like you ..... actually know

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 05:25 PM
1. You quote Skip Bayless
2. You credit Jordan for being 6 for 6 in the Finals, the dumbest argument anyone can make for a legacy argument
3. You credit Jordan for staying in a place that he didn't have an option to leave until after they won 3 in a row and he was being given hall of famers. Then he comes back, and is given more great players that are stacked around him. Where would MJ have gone in 95 exactly?

3 excellent points, I applaud you

Why do I keep coming into the NBA forum to read this garbage? I should know better.

You know what's funny about fans like you, I bet when he was winning those championships you were one of those on the long line of people who said he had the worst supporting cast like what was said for years. Now because Scottie and Dennis get recognition by the Hall now he had all these great players around him. The guy never played with a true center and played with guys like Pax, Kerr, Jud, Hodges and B.J. who waited to be setup, they were role players. Grant was a solid defender who could get you 12 a game, Kukoc who was the whipping boy constantly getting yelled at by Phil, Michael and Scottie. They played well together but they weren't the greatest array of talent ever assembled. Regarding Skip Bayless, not a fan but he was right in that context about LeBron against Dallas so I don't know what Finals you were watching. And as for Michael staying in one place he should be commended for wanting to stay in one place where he wanted to stay and beat the best, not join the best. If you want to give props to Pippen and Rodman now fine but remember Scottie was acquired on a draft night trade with Seattle not coming here as a high profile free agent signing and Rodman was sent over for Will Perdue because the Spurs wanted nothing to do with him because he was a menace to the team chemistry. So before you start throwing stones and insulting people why don't you get a clue and find your way out of the forum so you don't have to read the "garbage" I stated as you so eloquently put it. Have fun drinking your Haterade by your lonesome.

ichitownclowni
07-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Just read that Bosh and Wades agents said those numbers are incorrect and they are not taking those kind of discounts

Max.This
07-01-2014, 05:27 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 27m

Agent Henry Thomas, on report clients Bosh & Wade will take $12M/per & $11M/per, respectively: "all the BS you are reading is just that."

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Clearly on about the push off against the Jazz to clinch the title and to be fair it was definitely an offensive foul

You know how many players do that going to the basket? I won't disagree with you that in this ticky tack NBA it would have been called but he sold it like Russell slipped. I mean it's not like he shoved him to the ground and took a shot and nothing was called. The great ones get away with those for the most part.

QueensG_718
07-01-2014, 05:31 PM

Agent Henry Thomas, on report clients Bosh & Wade will take $12M/per & $11M/per, respectively: "all the BS you are reading is just that."

I don't understand these dudes. How can you take such a pay cut like that. I know you want to keep winning but at some point I would keep my future after basketball in mind. I guess I commend them but to take so much less to keep lebron makes them look like *****es.

QueensG_718
07-01-2014, 05:32 PM

I don't understand these dudes. How can you take such a pay cut like that. I know you want to keep winning but at some point I would keep my future after basketball in mind. I guess I commend them but to take so much less to keep lebron makes them look like *****es.

My bad I misread that.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Just goes to show there is too much money out there that you can blow off 40 million like it's nothing. It's hard to say money isn't everything when there are so many people in this country who don't have any of it.

Jeffy25
07-01-2014, 05:35 PM
You know what's funny about fans like you,
Fans like me? Do you know who I am a fan of or anything else for that matter?

You think you know how to summarize my allegiances based on me calling out the ridiculousness of your post?

I bet when he was winning those championships you were one of those on the long line of people who said he had the worst supporting cast like what was said for years.
He chased rings, and he had help. I have never said otherwise actually.

Now because Scottie and Dennis get recognition by the Hall now he had all these great players around him. The guy never played with a true center and played with guys like Pax, Kerr, Jud, Hodges and B.J. who waited to be setup, they were role players.
He had Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc.....these aren't role players.

Grant was a solid defender who could get you 12 a game, Kukoc who was the whipping boy constantly getting yelled at by Phil, Michael and Scottie. They played well together but they weren't the greatest array of talent ever assembled.
I never said they were the greatest assembly of talent. But Jordan never had a need to leave Chicago like Lebron had a need to leave Cleveland and potentially Miami at some point.

If Lebron had a Pippen his whole career in one city with him, I doubt he would ever leave. But we'll never know that. But we do know that both situations are not the same.

Regarding Skip Bayless, not a fan but he was right in that context about LeBron against Dallas so I don't know what Finals you were watching.
I didn't say anything about the Finals.

But quoting Skip Bayless on sports is like quoting Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore for politics. They are all shock jocks who don't deserve anyone's attention. Possibly the worst person who talks about sports anywhere. Random PSD posters are more knowledgeable than he is.

And as for Michael staying in one place he should be commended for wanting to stay in one place where he wanted to stay and beat the best, not join the best.
Ya know he retired....twice....right?

That isn't staying and beating the best. He quit on his teams....twice.

Just because he won when he was there, doesn't give him any kind of special treatment for loyalty. We haven't seen a superstar re-sign with a failing team because he was loyal to them. Most superstars chased rings at one point or another in their careers, or they had great teams brought to them where they were (Magic, Bird, MJ, etc). These guys had talent brought to them. Lebron hasn't had talent brought to him. It's not the same thing.

It's just silly for fans to throw Lebron under the bus for chasing rings. It's not like he had a situation anything like MJ, or Kobe, or Bird, or Magic, etc etc etc etc. He never had talent brought to him, so he chased rings himself. I don't blame him for doing that.

If you want to give props to Pippen and Rodman now fine but remember Scottie was acquired on a draft night trade with Seattle not coming here as a high profile free agent signing and Rodman was sent over for Will Perdue because the Spurs wanted nothing to do with him because he was a menace to the team chemistry. So before you start throwing stones and insulting people why don't you get a clue and find your way out of the forum so you don't have to read the "garbage" I stated as you so eloquently put it. Have fun drinking your Haterade by your lonesome.
I never denied any of this information, but thanks for pretending I said it all.

Inference is nice, no?

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Fans like me? Do you know who I am a fan of or anything else for that matter?

You think you know how to summarize my allegiances based on me calling out the ridiculousness of your post?

He chased rings, and he had help. I have never said otherwise actually.

He had Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc.....these aren't role players.

I never said they were the greatest assembly of talent. But Jordan never had a need to leave Chicago like Lebron had a need to leave Cleveland and potentially Miami at some point.

If Lebron had a Pippen his whole career in one city with him, I doubt he would ever leave. But we'll never know that. But we do know that both situations are not the same.

I didn't say anything about the Finals.

But quoting Skip Bayless on sports is like quoting Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore for politics. They are all shock jocks who don't deserve anyone's attention. Possibly the worst person who talks about sports anywhere. Random PSD posters are more knowledgeable than he is.

Ya know he retired....twice....right?

That isn't staying and beating the best. He quit on his teams....twice.

Just because he won when he was there, doesn't give him any kind of special treatment for loyalty. We haven't seen a superstar re-sign with a failing team because he was loyal to them. Most superstars chased rings at one point or another in their careers, or they had great teams brought to them where they were (Magic, Bird, MJ, etc). These guys had talent brought to them. Lebron hasn't had talent brought to him. It's not the same thing.

It's just silly for fans to throw Lebron under the bus for chasing rings. It's not like he had a situation anything like MJ, or Kobe, or Bird, or Magic, etc etc etc etc. He never had talent brought to him, so he chased rings himself. I don't blame him for doing that.

I never denied any of this information, but thanks for pretending I said it all.

Inference is nice, no?

So if Michael really had no other better options to leave Chicago for what better options does LeBron have to leave Miami for? He has it good there. A great owner and Riles who can sell sand to a person in the desert. Unless this is all for show and entertainment he really has no better options either than to remain in Miami where he bolted Cleveland for. Houston isn't a better option, Dallas isn't better, New York isn't better, Lakers aren't better and I can never see him going to Chicago now. He has it made in South Beach and they will be competing in the Eastern Conference Finals again next year at the very least. As for the role players the guys I mentioned were role players not the ones you listed. Players back in the 80's and early 90's stayed loyal to their teams unless they were traded or run out of town. Barkley went to Phoenix and then Houston but that's because he wore out his welcome in Philly, then in Phoenix followed by that disaster in Houston and outside of Malone at the end of his career going to the Lakers which was sickening most of the elite players stayed where they were drafted. Again as for Skip Bayless I am with you he's a tool but that comment about James in the Finals was actually spot on with his performance. Call whatever I say ridiculous, it's a free country doesn't mean I have to like that you said it's garbage. But I guess everybody else is not on your level of intellect to understand that. I will never understand people who have such an issue with opions and complain that posts like this annoy them why they still come on here? It's an opinion forum. If you disagree with a poster on here explain it without trying to make them feel small with your sarcastic comments. Nobody is keeping your eyelids open with toothpicks making you read any of this. And if you hate my garbage opinions put me on ignore. You're an almighty Mod, ban me then.

beasted86
07-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Good post

I was thinking about this too -- what kind of injury would have to go down in order for a team to not offer him the max? Even a torn ACL

I figure it will end up being a long term deal with opt outs

If he tore his ACL/MCL/PCL, patella tendon or Achilles no way a team drops a $24M contract on his lap.

Jeffy25
07-01-2014, 06:50 PM
So if Michael really had no other better options to leave Chicago for what better options does LeBron have to leave Miami for? He has it good there. A great owner and Riles who can sell sand to a person in the desert. Unless this is all for show and entertainment he really has no better options either than to remain in Miami where he bolted Cleveland for. Houston isn't a better option, Dallas isn't better, New York isn't better, Lakers aren't better and I can never see him going to Chicago now. He has it made in South Beach and they will be competing in the Eastern Conference Finals again next year at the very least. As for the role players the guys I mentioned were role players not the ones you listed. Players back in the 80's and early 90's stayed loyal to their teams unless they were traded or run out of town. Barkley went to Phoenix and then Houston but that's because he wore out his welcome in Philly, then in Phoenix followed by that disaster in Houston and outside of Malone at the end of his career going to the Lakers which was sickening most of the elite players stayed where they were drafted. Again as for Skip Bayless I am with you he's a tool but that comment about James in the Finals was actually spot on with his performance. Call whatever I say ridiculous, it's a free country doesn't mean I have to like that you said it's garbage. But I guess everybody else is not on your level of intellect to understand that. I will never understand people who have such an issue with opions and complain that posts like this annoy them why they still come on here? It's an opinion forum. If you disagree with a poster on here explain it without trying to make them feel small with your sarcastic comments. Nobody is keeping your eyelids open with toothpicks making you read any of this. And if you hate my garbage opinions put me on ignore. You're an almighty Mod, ban me then.

Your entire post is like a run on sentence and difficult to read.

Nobody has said Lebron is leaving. Taking a one or two year deal doesn't mean he is leaving. It means he is staying.

Rest of your post appears to be petty insults though for some reason.

bluefire7002
07-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Your entire post is like a run on sentence and difficult to read.

Nobody has said Lebron is leaving. Taking a one or two year deal doesn't mean he is leaving. It means he is staying.

Rest of your post appears to be petty insults though for some reason.

This whole thing has been said to be a rumor by other people already, so why are we even talking about it still. Bosh and Wade are not going to take anything under 14 million for 4-5yrs, nor should they if Lebron really is going to get the max for just a year or two.

Lo Porto
07-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Cough... bitter Jazz fan... cough

Jazz fan true. Observant NBA fan who doesnt drink all the mj koolaid also true. Mj is the reason why we've has a lockout and faulty CBA's. Greed and Stern fed it.

JasonJohnHorn
07-01-2014, 07:26 PM
If this is true, I can't say I can blame LBJ for only wanting a 1-2 year deal. Miami brought him in with the promise of winning, and re-signing two guys who couldn't get it done this year (Wade and Bosh) and in four years being utterly unable to bring in the two things the team needed: a point guard and a center, demonstrates that Riley is not so great at building a team as one might think. They have had great success, but it was clear this season that they were a far inferior team to the champions, even if the east was weak enough to walk through.

Think of it this way: An aging Dirk with Monta Ellis and Jose was able to push the Spurs to 7 games and take the lead in the series; the Heat last five games and got dominated for three of them.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't believe all this, let's wait before we rant. Lol

championships
07-01-2014, 07:47 PM

Agent Henry Thomas, on report clients Bosh & Wade will take $12M/per & $11M/per, respectively: "all the BS you are reading is just that."Had a feeling it was all BS.

3ballbomber
07-01-2014, 08:20 PM

people have been losing respect for him for years. why do you think he cops so much backslash and was the hated man in sports at one stage.

3ballbomber
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
This mentality is poor & sad. These guys have enough money to last 20 lifetimes - money that 99% of us will never see in our lifetime. Maybe what you mean to say is they need to be paid big in order to maintain their rich & lavish lifestyles. 12 million is not chump change to the rest of the world. just give me even a quarter of that & i'll be happy.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 08:34 PM
people have been losing respect for him for years. why do you think he cops so much backslash and was the hated man in sports at one stage.

outside of basketball, do you have a personal problem with lebron? LOL

nysportsfan23
07-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Bosh is a max player for a lot of teams. Easy to see rumors of him starting at 11-12 were bs.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2014, 08:58 PM
man up wade and bosh, there are teams out there that can pay you and appreciate your game; not cut your pay to keep LeQueen happy.

goingfor28
07-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Looooooool

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Looooooool

Hes a big boy, hopefully Wade took the minimum. :laugh2:

goingfor28
07-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Bosh is a max player for a lot of teams. Easy to see rumors of him starting at 11-12 were bs.
Agreed

C-ross12
07-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Where is the NBAPA? I can't imagine they are in favor of this type of thing. Bosh signing at less then max devalues the rest of the players.

3ballbomber
07-01-2014, 09:24 PM
outside of basketball, do you have a personal problem with lebron? LOL

you make it out as if anything i've said is any different to the other things millions of people around the world say pertaining to Lebron that opposes thoughts of his fans. It's not like i'm a minority here - remember like i said this guy was once considered the most hated guy in sports - many have not swayed from the reason he was considered that. I think a majority of what Lebron has done sets a very negative example especially to the youth. I like to see people speak against it rather than be a sheep & go along with it & be enamored by the gold & glitter.

Sandman
07-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Where is the NBAPA? I can't imagine they are in favor of this type of thing. Bosh signing at less then max devalues the rest of the players.

this, I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't believe CP3 and the NBAPA would approve

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 10:18 PM

Someone needs to step in and do something.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 10:22 PM
you make it out as if anything i've said is any different to the other things millions of people around the world say pertaining to Lebron that opposes thoughts of his fans. It's not like i'm a majority here - remember like i said this guy was once considered the most hated guy in sports - many have not swayed from the reason he was considered that. I think a majority of what Lebron has done sets a very negative example especially to the youth. I like to see people speak against it rather than be a sheep & go along with it & be enamored by the gold & glitter.

very very dramatic.

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 10:23 PM
I think he has been forgiven.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Why is it so bad for a franchise player to ring chase if he can?

He wasn't ever built around like all other franchise superstars got to be. So why not chase rings after his first 7 years in the league?

Why do people look down on that?

I don't like Lebron, but I don't see this as a glaring negative at a lot of NBA forum fans are saying it is.

Lebron himself played a big part in limiting the ability of CLE to build around him. Look at how the situation came about in MIA… they took a couple of years of making non-moves and cap saving trades to put themselves in position to add so much talent. Wade understood the long term plan and went along with it. Lebron never gave CLE the opportunity to do that. He applied constant pressure on them to make short-sighted moves by refusing to commit to their long term plan. CLE was zapped of any and all financial flexibility because they made so many short term fixes to try and appease Lebron. That is my primary criticism of Lebron. If he didn't want to be in CLE he should have been upfront with them. He didn't screw their franchise over by leaving. He screwed it over by refusing to give them fair warning that he was going to leave. People give guys like Melo and Dwight **** for orchestrating their exits from DEN and ORL, calling them selfish divas, but in reality them letting their intentions be known upfront was a tremendous help to their teams. Lebron baited CLE into ****ing their franchise over so he could get a couple cracks at a ring and them left them out to dry. That's why I lost respect for Lebron going to MIA.

Like I said about the "ring chasing" stuff though… Lebron is the first all time great to do it. The perception that it's "cowardly" isn't that it's wrong to chase rings. It's looked down upon because it's something that no other all time great ever felt the need to do. I think all of them had better teams around them, but as I explained above, Lebron's reluctance to commit to the organization was one of the biggest factors in that.

3ballbomber
07-01-2014, 11:55 PM
very very dramatic.
not at all. you'd be surprised how many would agree. Especially parents who have kids who follow the NBA. It tackles the issue of competition, ego, selfishness, loyalty & integrity. Dramatic? no....doing something like 'the decision' is dramatic.

nandovelez
07-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Hugepatsfan great post. I always thought the same way about James the way he screwed Cleveland. They tried building around him just no stars wanted to play there except for a older Shaq. But they did try to build for him and he ditched them and that city to chase rings with friends

bucketss
07-02-2014, 12:01 AM
not at all. you'd be surprised how many would agree. Especially parents who have kids who follow the NBA. It tackles the issue of competition, ego, selfishness, loyalty & integrity. Dramatic? no....doing something like 'the decision' is dramatic.

yes very dramatic, would u consider accused rapists like kobe, and arrogant gamblers like jordan as good role models?

lebron is a great role model, akron kid raised in a single parent household, never been in trouble with the law, one of the most unselfish players on the basketball court. statistically hes not even suppose to be here

Aust
07-02-2014, 12:10 AM
Lebron himself played a big part in limiting the ability of CLE to build around him. Look at how the situation came about in MIA… they took a couple of years of making non-moves and cap saving trades to put themselves in position to add so much talent. Wade understood the long term plan and went along with it. Lebron never gave CLE the opportunity to do that. He applied constant pressure on them to make short-sighted moves by refusing to commit to their long term plan. CLE was zapped of any and all financial flexibility because they made so many short term fixes to try and appease Lebron. That is my primary criticism of Lebron. If he didn't want to be in CLE he should have been upfront with them. He didn't screw their franchise over by leaving. He screwed it over by refusing to give them fair warning that he was going to leave. People give guys like Melo and Dwight **** for orchestrating their exits from DEN and ORL, calling them selfish divas, but in reality them letting their intentions be known upfront was a tremendous help to their teams. Lebron baited CLE into ****ing their franchise over so he could get a couple cracks at a ring and them left them out to dry. That's why I lost respect for Lebron going to MIA.

Like I said about the "ring chasing" stuff though… Lebron is the first all time great to do it. The perception that it's "cowardly" isn't that it's wrong to chase rings. It's looked down upon because it's something that no other all time great ever felt the need to do. I think all of them had better teams around them, but as I explained above, Lebron's reluctance to commit to the organization was one of the biggest factors in that.

Wow, that's a good point. I always learn things from your posts.

3ballbomber
07-02-2014, 12:17 AM
yes very dramatic, would u consider accused rapists like kobe, and arrogant gamblers like jordan as good role models?
kobe 'alleged' rape and Jordans off court antics of gambling. we're talking about actions pertaining to basketball, both Kobe & Jordan set a great example of competition, loyalty & toughness throughout their careers. Both have never had any backlash & criticism about their actions in the league the way Lebron has & to this day are both considered very highly by most in the aspect of their professional basketball careers. Everybody has faults but non like Lebrons in the way he brings it on himself all the criticism, negativity & backlash. Some will justify, make excuses for or take a blind eye to......i'm one of many who chooses to call him out & hold him responsible. Somebody has to act w/ some integrity & good old common sense to balance things out a little.

bucketss
07-02-2014, 12:19 AM

perhaps he didn't know he was leaving, idk about u but signing those three didn't seem possible

More-Than-Most
07-02-2014, 12:29 AM

the thing people forget about the decision is that it was also for charity... I would do it 1000000 times over again if I was James.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6175574

That one thing made 3 million for a charity.

bucketss
07-02-2014, 12:37 AM
kobe 'alleged' rape and Jordans off court antics of gambling. we're talking about actions pertaining to basketball, both Kobe & Jordan set a great example of competition, loyalty & toughness throughout their careers. Both have never had any backlash & criticism about their actions in the league the way Lebron has & to this day are both considered very highly by most in the aspect of their professional basketball careers. Everybody has faults but non like Lebrons in the way he brings it on himself all the criticism, negativity & backlash. Some will justify, make excuses for or take a blind eye to......i'm one of many who chooses to call him out & hold him responsible. Somebody has to act w/ some integrity & good old common sense to balance things out a little.

it had to do with basketball, his gambling issues cost him 2 years out of basketball, same with kobe who also missed time.

so kobe throwing his team mates under the bus, calling them soft is something kids should emulate? how about his constant hogging of the ball?? what about him DEMANDING A TRADE, don't u think thats selfish basketball? as a matter of fact neither kobe/jordan promote team basketball which ended up ruining basketball to be honest with you.

you choose to call lebron out on some petty stuff to be honest with you.

More-Than-Most
07-02-2014, 12:40 AM
it had to do with basketball, his gambling issues cost him 2 years out of basketball, same with kobe who also missed time.

so kobe throwing his team mates under the bus, calling them soft is something kids should emulate? how about his constant hogging of the ball?? what about him DEMANDING A TRADE, don't u think thats selfish basketball? as a matter of fact neither kobe/jordan promote team basketball which ended up ruining basketball to be honest with you.

On and off the court James is 100 times a better role model than Kobe/Jordan... James is the most hated person ever... Its a damned if he does damned if he dont type thing... If he was on their teams he would be the best player ever.

3ballbomber
07-02-2014, 01:00 AM

Buckets, so w/ all that said why is it Lebron has so much criticism, backlash, negativity and hate!?!?! more so than Kobe & Jordan put together. Surely you don't think every single view opposing yours/heat/lebron fans are all not justified in some way! There's gotta be a reason apart from the redundant 'hating', 'haters' or 'hating' that people don't approve of or dislike what Lebron does, has done or continues to do. Perhaps there's some grounds to the criticism. Maybe there's some truth & fact to the backlash. Spite of that if people don't understand it now, or fail to answer the questions then they will never truly get why he cops so much flack the way he does more than any other player today or in the past.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-02-2014, 01:04 AM
Boom

3ballbomber
07-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Boom
i just read your sig. is that the same buckets i've been debating with? well then that explains alot :speechless:

goingfor28
07-02-2014, 01:26 AM
the thing people forget about the decision is that it was also for charity... I would do it 1000000 times over again if I was James.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6175574

That one thing made 3 million for a charity.
Orrrr he could've donated it on his own without making some douchey tv show the way he did. Who the hell does that?

bucketss
07-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Buckets, so w/ all that said why is it Lebron has so much criticism, backlash, negativity and hate!?!?! more so than Kobe & Jordan put together. Surely you don't think every single view opposing yours/heat/lebron fans are all not justified in some way! There's gotta be a reason apart from the redundant 'hating', 'haters' or 'hating' that people don't approve of or dislike what Lebron does, has done or continues to do. Perhaps there's some grounds to the criticism. Maybe there's some truth & fact to the backlash. Spite of that if people don't understand it now, or fail to answer the questions then they will never truly get why he cops so much flack the way he does more than any other player today or in the past.

jordan has too many jock riders, plus there wasn't as much medias like social networks back than, kobes hate was very intense back in the day. lebrons hate is mostly very very petty. he rubs people the wrong way, even though hes a model citizen who has never been in trouble with the law, and also unlike kobe he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he worked for everything he got,

seriously i see u in EVERY lebron thread dropping essays i can sense all the emotions in your posts. maybe ur a jordan fan who is insecure that lebron is creeping up on ur boy? i think thats why you hate.

bucketss
07-02-2014, 01:48 AM
funny how you didn't touch on the points on kobe? you constantly clown lebron but kobe characteristics should bother u as well if you're really serious about holding players responsible., i also never see you talking down on him in kobe threads, this just shows you have a personal issue with lebron.

chi-townlove1
07-02-2014, 01:48 AM
Man this thread has been destroyed from MJ and Lebron comparisons ( when there really is none). Let that **** go, and focus on wade and bosh.

More-Than-Most
07-02-2014, 01:51 AM
Orrrr he could've donated it on his own without making some douchey tv show the way he did. Who the hell does that?

what Athlete just gives away 3 plus mill? Oh right because they make alot they should just toss money out the window? He did something that hugely benefited charities... Even if it was for popularity he helped charities... There should be no hate towards him at all for the decision.

goingfor28
07-02-2014, 02:01 AM
what Athlete just gives away 3 plus mill? Oh right because they make alot they should just toss money out the window? He did something that hugely benefited charities... Even if it was for popularity he helped charities... There should be no hate towards him at all for the decision.
It was a dick move. He's all about himself. Even if he didn't donate he can easily find another way to get money for charities. The decision was a total dbag move and a slap in the face to the entire city of cleveland.

More-Than-Most
07-02-2014, 02:06 AM
It was a dick move. He's all about himself. Even if he didn't donate he can easily find another way to get money for charities. The decision was a total dbag move and a slap in the face to the entire city of cleveland.

He was a FREE AGENT... Were you forced to watch? Was anyone forced to watch? He was allowed to do what he wanted and did a program that raised 3 mill plus for charities... Yet its a dick move? The Lebron hate is real up in here.

Put Cleveland on the map with no help
Took a ton less to play with other talented people
Always gives to charities
Hated on for every little thing by the majority of fans that arent the team he plays for
Thrown under the bus by his former owner

YET HE IS THE DICK? hilarious

goingfor28
07-02-2014, 02:08 AM
He was a FREE AGENT... Were you forced to watch? Was anyone forced to watch? He was allowed to do what he wanted and did a program that raised 3 mill plus for charities... Yet its a dick move? The Lebron hate is real up in here.
Yes. Sign a contract like everyone else always has. Instead he brings all the attention to himself, and slaps his hometown in the face on national tv. Dick move, very poorly handled.

3ballbomber
07-02-2014, 02:38 AM
funny how you didn't touch on the points on kobe? you constantly clown lebron but kobe characteristics should bother u as well if you're really serious about holding players responsible., i also never see you talking down on him in kobe threads, this just shows you have a personal issue with lebron.
funny story mate......i once was a very harsh kobe critic. It all started w/ him trying to be like MJ. moves like him speaks like him etc. i disliked very much the way he treated his team mates and thought he was a jerk off. It would take alot to actually make me like the guy, especially after the 'alleged' rape case. Then came Lebron.........it's funny how one guy's actions are so terribly bad that they end up making somebody like Kobe look like the leagues angel lol

true story bro

Mr.B
07-02-2014, 02:54 AM

Dallas wouldn't offer Bosh the max.

bucketss
07-02-2014, 02:54 AM
funny story mate......i once was a very harsh kobe critic. It all started w/ him trying to be like MJ. moves like him speaks like him etc. i disliked very much the way he treated his team mates and thought he was a jerk off. It would take alot to actually make me like the guy, especially after the 'alleged' rape case. Then came Lebron.........it's funny how one guy's actions are so terribly bad that they end up making somebody like Kobe look like the leagues angel lol

true story bro

lol thats so petty dude. so it all goes back to jordan, i guess when lebron retires you're gonna hate on the next great.

Saddletramp
07-02-2014, 03:05 AM

true story bro

Wow. You people amaze me.

3ballbomber
07-02-2014, 03:18 AM
lol thats so petty dude. so it all goes back to jordan, i guess when lebron retires you're gonna hate on the next great.
you talk like your mind isn't quite fully developed yet. let's end this. i like Lebron and think he's ace k