PDA

View Full Version : Can LeBron win one without Dwyane?

Crunch Time
06-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Wade has proven himself capable of leading a team to the promise land, carrying the Miami heat in his back to the promise land in 2006.

Meanwhile, Kobe back then was criticised for not being able to win one without Shaq, esp after Shaq won (under Wade) in 06. However, Kobe answered the call and proved his critics wrong, having went on to reach 3 straight finals and winning 2.

Let's not forget LeBron's failures in the playoffs before joining his friends in Miami. If and when LeBron decides to bolt the heat to seek greener pastures, he will ultimately come to face this question, along with his past.

Can and will LeBron win one without Wade?

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 09:39 PM
No

Riodagoat
06-30-2014, 09:39 PM
This is gonna end well

Nikeman
06-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Wade has proven himself capable of leading a team to the promise land, carrying the Miami heat in his back to the promise land in 2006.

Meanwhile, Kobe back then was criticised for not being able to win one without Shaq, esp after Shaq won (under Wade) in 06. However, Kobe answered the call and proved his critics wrong, having went on to reach 3 straight finals and winning 2.

Let's not forget LeBron's failures in the playoffs before joining his friends in Miami. If and when LeBron decides to bolt the heat to seek greener pastures, he will ultimately come to face this question, along with his past.

Yes, just give him another superstar rather than a declining Wade...

What kind of dumb question is this?

JWO35
06-30-2014, 09:43 PM
No

/Thread

Sactown
06-30-2014, 09:55 PM
This is ridiculous... Of course he can.. He's obviously an elite player, does he? I don't know, can he? Absolutely

jerellh528
06-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Of course he can if he's got the right amount of stars around him. Resign bron, bosh and maybe a few guys like Bledsoe or parsons and they're right back in it.

PowerHouse
06-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Absolutely, come on over to the Lakers and win a couple with Kobe.

bucketss
06-30-2014, 09:59 PM
im getting sick of lebron threads.

LAKobeBryant
06-30-2014, 10:00 PM
Wade couldn't even make the playoffs by himself without those HOF in 06 roster, so i dont get what you mean by "leading team to promise land"

still1ballin
06-30-2014, 10:03 PM
Naaaaah

JordansBulls
06-30-2014, 10:04 PM
If he is going to the Rockets where Dwight is, or Clippers with CP3 or Chicago with Rose or Dallas with Dirk how would he not. Hell he could even win with the Knicks with him and Melo.

Thumper 88
06-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Stop with all these fking lebron threads..

ManRam
06-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Everyone's gotta have some help. He can win without Wade, but he's gotta have someone else doing something.

Stop with all these fking lebron threads..

Also, this.

Dade County
06-30-2014, 10:19 PM

Is this some kind of joke.

Both players can win a championship next year, if the right pieces are around them (on the same team or not).

yungincome
06-30-2014, 10:28 PM
:laugh2:

Yes

jaydubb
06-30-2014, 10:35 PM
No way

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-30-2014, 10:36 PM

No, Lebron has proven to lose in every situation unless he has the absolute best team. Hell he even loses with the best team a lot of the time. Which includes 2 bronze medals for his efforts. The bottom line is Lebron needs a superstar or two to get past the best teams.

ThuglifeJ
06-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Here comes the excuse train for bron....

Really though.. "Kobe needs Shaq to win" was a huge knock on him for his 'greatness' much of his career... why can't we hold the same regard to Lebron.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-30-2014, 10:40 PM

Really though.. "Kobe needs Shaq to win" was a huge knock on him for his 'greatness' much of his career... why can't we hold the same regard to Lebron.

Blind love. I've never seen any thing like it

ManRam
06-30-2014, 10:43 PM

Yes...because Wade from 2011-2013 = Shaq 1999-2002.

One was the best player in the league, the other was third-team all-NBA.

IgglesFanInCO
06-30-2014, 10:51 PM
I feel like there are way too many people in the nba forum who dont actually watch basketball

otherwise I dont see how there could be this many ******** threads

Lebron is great, he needed help to win. Kobe is great, he needed help to win. MJ is great, he needed help to win. KAJ is great, he needed help to win. Magic is great, he needed help to win.

The ignorance in this forum day in and day out is astounding. Stop making pointless threads that nobody cares about. Please

Kashmir13579
Yes, but he may not have to.

Hotone1401
Is this some kind of joke.

Both players can win a championship next year, if the right pieces are around them (on the same team or not).

The only way Wade ever wins another title is if he rides Lebron's coattails again. He knows this and that's why he was dumb enough to opt out a forty million dollar contract. Just stupid.

DWNTWNLakeShow
06-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Anything D Wade is who's holding him back now. How dirty would it be if Pat Riley decided in cold blooded fashion to NOT re-sign Wade and Instead sign Melo. That would definitely be the right decesion if you want to maximize your chances at another ring.

ThuglifeJ
06-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Blind love. I've never seen any thing like it

Well, it's not easy to accept that the guy they've been constantly putting on a pre-determined pedestal as the next GOAT since high school, simply doesn't have the strong mindset needed to fight adversity on the way to being the greatest/catch Jordan's throne. Not that those expectations are ever fair.. Reality is sinking in, and Lebron is 32 after 2 more seasons. If you don't know much about that age you should just look at all the past stars once they hit it, the golden age for decline. Lebron is no different, especially with all that reliance on athleticism.

So in turn, let's make a full novel of excuses. My favorite currently is "any team would be happy with 2 championships in 4 years". :laugh2: 'not 8!'

ThuglifeJ
06-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Anything D Wade is who's holding him back now. How dirty would it be if Pat Riley decided in cold blooded fashion to NOT re-sign Wade and Instead sign Melo. That would definitely be the right decesion if you want to maximize your chances at another ring.

If there were any GM to actually do it...

man that would be a dick move/smart move/badass/just mean lol

ThuglifeJ
06-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Yes...because Wade from 2011-2013 = Shaq 1999-2002.

One was the best player in the league, the other was third-team all-NBA.

When Lebron signed in 2011 Wade was still top tier. Same with Bosh.

Not arguing with Shaq though, he was the best in the league but he played with Lebron too....

jk

bucketss
06-30-2014, 11:16 PM
the same people in every single lebron thread :laugh:

bucketss
06-30-2014, 11:21 PM
Well, it's not easy to accept that the guy they've been constantly putting on a pre-determined pedestal as the next GOAT since high school, simply doesn't have the strong mindset needed to fight adversity on the way to being the greatest/catch Jordan's throne. Not that those expectations are ever fair.. Reality is sinking in, and Lebron is 32 after 2 more seasons. If you don't know much about that age you should just look at all the past stars once they hit it, the golden age for decline. Lebron is no different, especially with all that reliance on athleticism.

So in turn, let's make a full novel of excuses. My favorite currently is "any team would be happy with 2 championships in 4 years". :laugh2: 'not 8!'

wats up? 2 chips in 4 years is a great accomplishment, not many teams accomplish. you got a problem son.?

majmarcus
06-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Yes he can win with him. Its also proven he can lose with him as well...

Hawkeye15
06-30-2014, 11:33 PM
he kinda did in 2013 haha. Wade sucked balls in the playoffs

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-30-2014, 11:33 PM
the same people in every single lebron thread :laugh:including you :laugh:

ThuglifeJ
06-30-2014, 11:41 PM
wats up? 2 chips in 4 years is a great accomplishment, not many teams accomplish. you got a problem son.?

"Not 5, Not 6, Not 7, Not 8"

ThuglifeJ
06-30-2014, 11:43 PM
^Like that happened. THAT ACTUALLY WAS SAID. Should we just act like it wasn't? What do you want me to do I didn't say it they did. They said they'd beat the Bulls 72-10 record as well.

They put those expectations on them not me. I already knew they wouldn't accomplish either of those they are all too immature and dumb to pull that off.

bucketss
06-30-2014, 11:44 PM
including you :laugh:

im a lebron fan, your excuse?

bucketss
06-30-2014, 11:45 PM
^Like that happened. THAT ACTUALLY WAS SAID. Should we just act like it wasn't? What do you want me to do I didn't say it they did. They said they'd beat the Bulls 72-10 record as well.

They put those expectations on them not me. I already knew they wouldn't accomplish either of those they are all too immature and dumb to pull that off.

Orly i don't recall that.

MinnesotaFtw
06-30-2014, 11:58 PM

No, Lebron has proven to lose in every situation unless he has the absolute best team. Hell he even loses with the best team a lot of the time. Which includes 2 bronze medals for his efforts. The bottom line is Lebron needs a superstar or two to get past the best teams.

Idiotic answer the best team always wins so of course LeBron needs the best team to win idiot

3ballbomber
07-01-2014, 12:07 AM

lol, get rid of Wade from the Miami Heat & the team will decline. Many don't seem to realize Wade's presence is more powerful than what people believe. Spite of what you all think of Wade he has been the face of this franchise since 2003. Carrying the team for years, even through injuries. You may think Lebron is the leader of the Heat but Wade is the heart & soul in wich this team runs on. Take away Wade's presence & it will be the Miami Cavaliers. For any of those that were Heat fans prior to Lebron's signing Wade was a great leader, he lead through his game and not through words. Everybody followed suit.

So i find it quite funny now that Lebron is looking for the max while Wade continues to take even lower pay cuts. Again, Lebron still does not learn that this is a 'Team' thing to the end and if you lead by example everybody else sees your sacrifice & will be motivated by the unselfishness and team orientated approach. This goes a long way in regards to setting an example, letting others know theirs no star or ego in ones motivation to play and sacrificing for the team is the number one focus.

Good luck to Riley and the rest of his team mates. I think ultimately this move by Lebron will not bode well moving forward for this team & the future of the Big 3. I think this changes more things than people realize - soon we'll see.

I don't think Lebron will win one without the presence of somebody like Wade. He will have to be in an even more stacked team or one with a brilliant coach like Pop who can tame lebrons super star-type game & bring out the true guts, balls & glory out of him. For now Lebron has not proven anything apart from that he couldn't win one without running to 2 other star players.

goingfor28
07-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Wade sucks

3ballbomber
07-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Idiotic answer the best team always wins so of course LeBron needs the best team to win idiot
Last year Miami were the favorites vs the Spurs. This year Spurs were the favorites only because of home court. it's not necessarily the best team who wins - there's other factors. This year it was the pain of having the series taken from the Spurs last season after that Allen 3 and having that bad taste in their mouths all year. Spurs were more determined & hungry - those were the factors that helped Spurs to take the title. it could have easily been the other way around had Spurs won last year & Miami were out for vengeance.

MinnesotaFtw
07-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Last year Miami were the favorites vs the Spurs. This year Spurs were the favorites only because of home court. it's not necessarily the best team who wins - there's other factors. This year it was the pain of having the series taken from the Spurs last season after that Allen 3 and having that bad taste in their mouths all year. Spurs were more determined & hungry - those were the factors that helped Spurs to take the title. it could have easily been the other way around had Spurs won last year & Miami were out for vengeance. favorites don't mean anything. What matters is who's playing the best at that time. The spurs were the best team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-01-2014, 12:20 AM
probably not

DemarDerozan
07-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Yes, just give him another superstar rather than a declining Wade...

What kind of dumb question is this?

He won't win another with or without Dwade. There is too much up and coming talent in the league... Unless he joins the Spurs or Bulls and truly learns how to be unselfish. Rather than just playing unselfish to beef up his stats and endorsements.

ThuglifeJ
07-01-2014, 12:25 AM
This is getting pathetic. It's never knock on Bron's legacy because Spurs were the better team. Also Dallas was the better team in 2011. :shrug::shrug: Not Lebron's fault he ran into a better team :shrug:

So basically every single time Lebron's team loses we can just write it off saying 'the better team won'. Nothing more than that.

Quinnsanity
07-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Better question: can Wade win one without either LeBron or Dick Bavetta and Bennett Salvatore?

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Surrounded by the right pieces of course he can. A big man that can score in the post and a guy to take the burden of having to bring the ball up the floor every possession who is a natural point guard. I say Thomas from Sac, Ariza from Wash to guard the other team's best wings and either Gasol or Gortat as your big. Resign Bosh for the discount he said he'd give Miami and you are set. Add a few bench players for depth on the cheap and there you go.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Better question: can Wade win one without either LeBron or Dick Bavetta and Bennett Salvatore?

LMFAO :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hotone1401
07-01-2014, 12:52 AM

Wade sucks

bucketss
07-01-2014, 02:10 AM
This is getting pathetic. It's never knock on Bron's legacy because Spurs were the better team. Also Dallas was the better team in 2011. :shrug::shrug: Not Lebron's fault he ran into a better team :shrug:

So basically every single time Lebron's team loses we can just write it off saying 'the better team won'. Nothing more than that.

dallas wasn't better, lebron just had an epic choke job.

y do u always reach so hard?

Crackadalic
07-01-2014, 02:12 AM
Man if i had bet the amount of Lebron James's threads that was created I'd be a very rich man

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 02:26 AM

A choke job for the ages. But give credit to The DIRK KNIGHT.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 02:38 AM

also want to add, everytime lebron WINS u haters have an excuse, whether its refs, or they were too stacked it didn't count. apparently miami won last year because of LUCK, LOL because ray allen hit a clutch three, which he has proven to make many times over his career.

XpLiCiTT
07-01-2014, 02:52 AM
I can't believe this thread was created, especially after Wades performance in the finals this year.

Oh wait, yes I can, this is PSD, land of the trolls.

WadeKobe
07-01-2014, 03:34 AM
MJ couldn't win without Pippen. Loser. MJ sucked

Hotone1401
07-01-2014, 03:40 AM
MJ couldn't win without Pippen. Loser. MJ sucked

MJ, Kobe, Lebron, & Pippen are great. Wade sucks.

3ballbomber
07-01-2014, 06:54 AM
favorites don't mean anything. What matters is who's playing the best at that time. The spurs were the best team.
you just supported my point :rolleyes:

it's not necessarily the best team that wins but factors involved that may determine who is more desperate, focused & hungry.

Kashmir13579
07-01-2014, 08:02 AM

They put those expectations on them not me. I already knew they wouldn't accomplish either of those they are all too immature and dumb to pull that off. so, what's your point?

prodigy
07-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Yes he can. But right now that's not on the heat. Up to front office to put a good team there if they want lebron back.

ThuglifeJ
07-01-2014, 09:27 AM

They put those expectations on them not me. I already knew they wouldn't accomplish either of those they are all too immature and dumb to pull that off. so, what's your point?
Why shouldn't we label it half a disappointment when they brought it on themselves?

NJrockPD
07-01-2014, 09:43 AM
He's just going to team up with someone better than Wade if he leaves. Why would anyone think he wasn't going to win? He just takes the path of least resistance to a ring.

Chronz
07-01-2014, 12:18 PM

So Wade can win with Shaq so long as hes the better player but Bron cant with Wade? Shaq was the proven winner when he hooked up with Wade, why the free pass there but not for Bron?

mngopher35
07-01-2014, 12:35 PM
I dunno, can Jordan win without Pippen?

beliges
07-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Look the bottom line is winning championships is difficult, even if you have a great team. Miami had a team for the ages and went 2-2. Winning takes greatness. Winning 3, 4, 5, 6 etc...takes a legendary player. No matter the talent on your team, winning takes something more. That's why those who won a multitude of titles are considered gods of basketball.

MinnesotaFtw
07-01-2014, 12:55 PM
favorites don't mean anything. What matters is who's playing the best at that time. The spurs were the best team.
you just supported my point :rolleyes:

it's not necessarily the best team that wins but factors involved that may determine who is more desperate, focused & hungry. No I didn't. The team that's playing best at that time is the best team. Is anyone going to argue the Spurs are the best team in the nba right now? No they proved it by playing the best against the heat.

Chavacano
07-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Only time will tell...

DR_1
07-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Wade has not been capable of "leading a team to the promised land" lol. 2006 was flopping/bad reffing and the double-teaming of Shaq.

LeBron doesn't need Wade. Honestly Bosh is better than Wade now.

Tony_Starks
07-01-2014, 02:50 PM
No.

USMCLaker
07-01-2014, 03:00 PM
The right question is can Lebron win without Mario Chalmers?