PDA

View Full Version : Report: Raptors on verge of signing Lowry, offer may start at $12M

spreadeagle
06-30-2014, 08:13 PM
The Toronto Raptors want to re-sign their star player before he has an opportunity to talk to other teams. According to Michael Grange via the FAN 590's Alex Seixeiro, they may be close:
Breaking from @michaelgrange: It's just about a done deal. Kyle Lowry is remaining a member of the Toronto #Raptors.

ESPN's Marc Stein suggests it will cost the Raptors a tidy sum to retain their franchise point guard:Miami's interest in Lowry is undeniable, but keep hearing Raps feel good about their chances with offer poised to start in $12 mil range

Lowry helped lead the Raptors to their first playoff appearance in five years last season. http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/530328

Nikeman
06-30-2014, 08:14 PM
No way Miami matches 12 mill, Lowry is not going to make as much as Wade, but I simply don't think we have the money to offer that much either.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 08:17 PM
If Miami cant get Lowry or Melo, to add to their original Big 3, I dont see why James would stay in Miami.
Shebazz Napier is a huge upgrade over chalmers/cole, but they still dont seem better than the spurs. Let's remember the Heat got blown out, it was NEVER close. Even if the heat add someone like VC ( now that BAttier is retired) I feel like they're not able to beat SA. And with Chicago and Houston likely to acquire Melo, the heat might not even make the NBA finals anymore.

LBJ is as good as gone, sorry Heat Fans.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 08:22 PM
If Miami cant get Lowry or Melo, to add to their original Big 3, I dont see why James would stay in Miami.
Shebazz Napier is a huge upgrade over chalmers/cole, but they still dont seem better than the spurs. Let's remember the Heat got blown out, it was NEVER close. Even if the heat add someone like VC ( now that BAttier is retired) I feel like they're not able to beat SA. And with Chicago and Houston likely to acquire Melo, the heat might not even make the NBA finals anymore.

Gortat, Gortat, gortat. The sobs couldn't rebound so a Gortat makes more sense. I just get the feeling they screw Bosh and go with Gortat, Frye, and Ariza for his price assuming Bron truly wants max.

ATX
06-30-2014, 08:23 PM

Haha, okay? Free agency hasn't even started, and you act as if you know LeBron is leaving...Well if you say so then *BREAKING NEWS* FriedTofuz has come to the conclusion that James is leaving Miami, so shall it be.

goingfor28
06-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Good job Toronto!

torocan
06-30-2014, 08:30 PM
Raptors taking care of business.

Nice to see you guys with a real GM...

bucketss
06-30-2014, 08:30 PM
lets gooo i knew lowry wouldn't let us down.

murphturph
06-30-2014, 08:37 PM
THANK GOD!!!!! I was honestly thinking Lowry would net 13 million a year. Mark my words. He probs will get 4 years 50 million realistically

murphturph
06-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Now all wee need is durant and championship here we come

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Overpaid much?

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Good for Toronto. I am happy for the fans of that franchise.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Gortat, Gortat, gortat. The sobs couldn't rebound so a Gortat makes more sense. I just get the feeling they screw Bosh and go with Gortat, Frye, and Ariza for his price assuming Bron truly wants max.
Washington won't let him go. He's key to the success they had this year. I believe they will over pay to keep him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Buckets is about to creme himself

yungincome
06-30-2014, 08:49 PM
5/60

JustinTime
06-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Too much $$$ Raptors will regret this when he's injured all next season. Another problem is they hardly have any money to improve their team now unless they go into the luxury.

LA_Raiders
06-30-2014, 08:51 PM
I wanted him in LA, good sign by the Raps.

LAKobeBryant
06-30-2014, 08:52 PM
worth

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 08:53 PM
There are some bitter posts in here.

Ya'll think Lowry will suddenly be injued all season?
Ya'll think Lowry is overpaid is the only reason he's staying? ( that remains to be seen, hopefully not)

Either way,
Miami is NOT getting Gortat, A few bench players will not make miami better than the spurs. It's the spurs man, they have more depth than miami will even if the heat added VC and Gortat. I dont see it working out, LBJ is on his way out.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 08:53 PM
Washington won't let him go. He's key to the success they had this year. I believe they will over pay to keep him.
I agree but Riley once said no rebounds, no rings. They couldn't board. I can see bosh being the guy forced out. Bron gets his max, wade gets taken care of, and Bosh gets ****ed. Riley has a history of being a snake. I could see them pushing bosh out and having 10-12mil to throw at Gortat, some to throw at Trevor, and what's left to toss at frye. It would fill more needs for Bron too if they forced. Bosh out for those 3 with about 20mil of their space. Ariza chases the smalls, Gortat protects the basket and boards, and Frye spreads the floor like what they reduced Bosh too. I never got the thought that Bron would give up ball handling, he's never accommodated any playmaker in his career in that regard. Gortat, Ariza, and Frye would dodge state taxes and Bosh finds work in Houston imo

king4day
06-30-2014, 08:54 PM
No way Miami matches 12 mill, Lowry is not going to make as much as Wade, but I simply don't think we have the money to offer that much either.

I could see him taking 9-10 per for Miami. No taxes should help with the difference.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 08:55 PM
Haha, okay? Free agency hasn't even started, and you act as if you know LeBron is leaving...Well if you say so then *BREAKING NEWS* FriedTofuz has come to the conclusion that James is leaving Miami, so shall it be.

You sound quite bitter for someone who replied with no argument other than your emotions taking over. Instead of being so bitter, why dont you enligthen us what realistically the heat could do to retain Lebron?

Let's be honest, Melo to the Heat cant happen with Lebron wanting the max. Secondly, It's a stretch for Washington to let either of Ariza and Gortat go. Third, The heat can add a few quality bench players, but they will still NOT be better than the spurs. It's not like the heat barely lost, they got spanked and embaressed and blown out every single game following 1-1. Why would Lebron stay there when he has a better chance of winning in a destination like Houston, a team that actually possed a lot of problems for the spurs.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 08:57 PM
I could see him taking 9-10 per for Miami. No taxes should help with the difference.

But why go there if you're Lowry? LeBron isn't going to let him handle the fn ball. He didn't let Hughes do it who shared a back court with arenas. He didn't let wade do it. On team USA he didn't let the PGs or Kobe do it. He's a guy who pounds the **** out the ball. Maybe Lowry doesn't want to be reduced to spotting up or watered down like Bosh.

Bron is far from a guy who will adapt and post up, cut, or spot up. Why **** your game up if you're Lowry?

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 08:57 PM
Miami cannot afford Lowry at 10 mil if Lebron wants the max and if Dwade and Bosh take 12-15 mil each, it wont happen.

Wade n Fade
06-30-2014, 08:59 PM
The Heat fan side of me is sad. The Raptors fan in me is thrilled to see him back. He went to the very limit I would've signed him at, but I would've wanted a 3-36 or 4-48 if anything.

FriedTofuz
Why go to Miami? if you're a heat fan you're delusional and think everyone will take a paycut because they're desperate for rings. If I'm Lebron, I get to contend for a championship for years to come and get my max if I go to Houston.

murphturph
The raptors are trying to be GOOD this year. its about being GREAT next year when Amir johnson (7 million) , fields (7 million) , lou williams ( 5.5 million), Chuck hayes (6 million) , and Tyler Hansbrough (3.3 million) all come off the books. THats about 30 million in cap space next summer while having Lowry Demar, Ross, annd VAlinciunas all under contract

Being Good this year
Being Great the Next two years
Signing Durant in 2016 and being Championship contenders for the rest of the decade.

Theres the plan.

bucketss
06-30-2014, 09:02 PM
The raptors are trying to be GOOD this year. its about being GREAT next year when Amir johnson (7 million) , fields (7 million) , lou williams ( 5.5 million), Chuck hayes (6 million) , and Tyler Hansbrough (3.3 million) all come off the books. THats about 30 million in cap space next summer while having Lowry Demar, Ross, annd VAlinciunas all under contract

Being Good this year
Being Great the Next two years
Signing Durant in 2016 and being Championship contenders for the rest of the decade.

Theres the plan.

imagine if bruno and bebe pan out omg :)

Max.This
06-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Still plenty of good Free agents out there for Miami to sign. I still dont think anything they add including melo would beat the spurs.. The Spurs took a **** on the Heat and it wasnt even close.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 09:06 PM
It's not enough to be good and the best in the East, it' to be better than the champs, and right now, Miami isnt in the position to do that. A core of Harden, James, Dwight would be a lot better than Wade and bosh ( in their current states)

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 09:07 PM
There are some bitter posts in here.

Ya'll think Lowry will suddenly be injued all season?
Ya'll think Lowry is overpaid is the only reason he's staying? ( that remains to be seen, hopefully not)

Either way,
Miami is NOT getting Gortat, A few bench players will not make miami better than the spurs. It's the spurs man, they have more depth than miami will even if the heat added VC and Gortat. I dont see it working out, LBJ is on his way out.

First time in his career he played close to a full season

Had a career year in a contract year

His best season 17ppg and 7apg, not overly impressive IMO.

He's not worth 12 mil, the raps will regret it!

kblo247
06-30-2014, 09:15 PM
It's not enough to be good and the best in the East, it' to be better than the champs, and right now, Miami isnt in the position to do that. A core of Harden, James, Dwight would be a lot better than Wade and bosh ( in their current states)

Does Bron want to deal with Dwight and his personality? Why leave wade who choked because he was hurt for harden who chokes when it counts in the playoffs because he's just not that great on O and horrid on D?

Hell he could **** it and go to the bulls and just win off sheer D if he wanted too with a bunch of workhorses

kblo247
06-30-2014, 09:16 PM

Part of it is compensation for being in Canada lets not bs here. But that said they let him play his game which Miami wouldn't and aren't time sharing him like Houston and Memphis did. I get why he wants to stay

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 09:19 PM

This is coming from the same guy who wanted Lowry after the Trade Deadline. :laugh2:
Maybe if Lowry was on the knicks, they wouldnt have struggled so much and Melo would stay, oh how sad.

murphturph
06-30-2014, 09:20 PM

YOU ARE RIGHT!!! HE IS WORTH EVEN MORE!! I mean We are talking about a point guard who rebounds like a SF and leads the NBA in Charges taken. We talking about a guy who took the eversotalented Toronto Raptors and brought them within 1 shot of the secound round. It seems like Max deals are being thrown out left right and center these days and im content with lowry making 12 million. WE are talking about a point guard who will be payed like the 9th best point guard in the league next year? Seem Fair? Absa ****ing lootley. Why? Because Lowry is easily a top 10 PG

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Part of it is compensation for being in Canada lets not bs here. But that said they let him play his game which Miami wouldn't and aren't time sharing him like Houston and Memphis did. I get why he wants to stay

Compensation? Canadians are going 1st overall back to back years, who you'd want on your team, that you wouldnt get. Your ignorance will only take you so far, he wants to stay in Toronto because he is a leader on the raptor, he gets along very well with his coach, he's found a home where he loves it in toronto and loves his team. He's never had that in his career, he's finally getting decent pay.

Bringing up that he's being overpaid in Canada is not relevant. You're just bitter.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Lowry is better than Kyrie Irving and Kyrie irving will get the max, I wonder what ya'll are gonna say next. Same with Bledsoe. :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 09:22 PM
This is coming from the same guy who wanted Lowry after the Trade Deadline. :laugh2:
Maybe if Lowry was on the knicks, they wouldnt have struggled so much and Melo would stay, oh how sad.

I never wanted him, stop lying brah, you guys overrated him serverly it's laughable!

LanceUpperCut
06-30-2014, 09:23 PM

Yes cause we all know PPG and APG tell it all. Lowry would be getting 12 million a year from any team it's no overpayment that's his market value.

murphturph
06-30-2014, 09:24 PM

murphturph
06-30-2014, 09:26 PM
imagine if bruno and bebe pan out omg :)

We will have two Durants on our team then ;)
Man sooo much potential with this team so excited

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 09:26 PM
YOU ARE RIGHT!!! HE IS WORTH EVEN MORE!! I mean We are talking about a point guard who rebounds like a SF and leads the NBA in Charges taken. We talking about a guy who took the eversotalented Toronto Raptors and brought them within 1 shot of the secound round. It seems like Max deals are being thrown out left right and center these days and im content with lowry making 12 million. WE are talking about a point guard who will be payed like the 9th best point guard in the league next year? Seem Fair? Absa ****ing lootley. Why? Because Lowry is easily a top 10 PG

He's worth more?

Like seriously you guys don't not realize the fact he had his BEST SEASON IN A CONTRACT YEAR. Dude wasn't even a top 15 PG before this season.

He had a really good year yes, great? Not even.

Jeremy Lin lead the Knicks to the playoffs, got a huge contract and what happened, back to reality. It happens. The raps will be making a mistake giving him 12 mil, he's worth about 9 mill tops!

ManRam
06-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Does Bron want to deal with Dwight and his personality? Why leave wade who choked because he was hurt for harden who chokes when it counts in the playoffs because he's just not that great on O and horrid on D?

Hell he could **** it and go to the bulls and just win off sheer D if he wanted too with a bunch of workhorses

Maybe not. But talent is more important than personalities...and Howard + Harden >>>>>> Bosh + Wade. Harden had a brutal playoffs, but playing along LeBron would help a ton. In the end, give me talent over anything else.

If LeBron is truly weighing all of his options, he won't return to Miami. And since I don't think he's leaving, I don't genuinely believe he's weighing his options. There are numerous teams that can offer him more help.

R. Johnson#3
06-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Get it done!

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Yes cause we all know PPG and APG tell it all. Lowry would be getting 12 million a year from any team it's no overpayment that's his market value.

Yeah and teams will regret it after. What was Lowry doing prior to this season?

bucketss
06-30-2014, 09:29 PM
I never wanted him, stop lying brah, you guys overrated him serverly it's laughable!

thats true, if im not mistaken you were the one who said hes only slightly better than raymond felton.

Dade County
06-30-2014, 09:30 PM
We will see where Lowry signs at the end of the day.

Hasn't everyone learned about believing every tweet or rumor that goes up online.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 09:30 PM
thats true, if im not mistaken you were the one who said hes only slightly better than raymond felton.

if I did say that, I was probably hanging out with JR Smith at the time!

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 09:31 PM

Come on man, we dont even have one -_-
I know you're excited( as we all should be) but let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

utl768
his loss

a few million less to win championships or more money in canada to not even sniff titles

GiantsSwaGG
We will see where Lowry signs at the end of the day.

Hasn't everyone learned about believing every tweet or rumor that goes up online.

But if someone tweeted about LeBron resigning, you probably be the first to start a thread about it hyping it. Lowry won't be a heat, he's likely to resign with the Raps!

IversonIsKrazy
Id say its a SLIGHT overpayment for Lowry's statistics, but the guy was the leader of the team. And Raps knew they had to throw a bit more $$ to avoid Lowry leaving to Miami. Overall it was good signing. Hope GOrtat resigns soon as well, put a lot of pressure on Riley

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 09:32 PM
if I did say that, I was probably hanging out with JR Smith at the time!

You use "!" in every sentence, perhaps you're still hanging out with JR, and yes you did say Lowry was barely an upgrade over Felton.

jerellh528
06-30-2014, 09:33 PM
12 mil? Yikes.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Id say its a SLIGHT overpayment for Lowry's statistics, but the guy was the leader of the team. And Raps knew they had to throw a bit more $$ to avoid Lowry leaving to Miami. Overall it was good signing. Hope GOrtat resigns soon as well, put a lot of pressure on Riley

He was the leader of the team, but 12 mill is too much IMO. 9-10 mill tops is what's he's worth... He didn't lead them to the playoffs last years and lets not forget Derozen, he stepped it up and helped them as well!

FriedTofuz
his loss

a few million less to win championships or more money in canada to not even sniff titles

MIami's losss cus they were not going to beat the spurs anyways...
:laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
You use "!" in every sentence, perhaps you're still hanging out with JR, and yes you did say Lowry was barely an upgrade over Felton.

!!!!!!!

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 09:35 PM
He was the leader of the team, but 12 mill is too much IMO. 9-10 mill tops is what's he's worth... He didn't lead them to the playoffs last years and lets not forget Derozen, he stepped it up and helped them as well!

9-10 mil? That's very underpaid for a top 10 PG as well as a top 25 player in the nba in terms of PER.
He was arguably the best player on the raptors.

FriedTofuz
Toronto will love that lottery pick from NY/DEN in 2016.

GiantsSwaGG
his loss

I doubt he leaves Tor but then again LeBron might change that

aman_13
06-30-2014, 09:36 PM
So happy Lowry is coming back. Good job MU.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 09:36 PM
you're just made my ignore list, welcome!

:dance:

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Toronto will love that lottery pick from NY/DEN in 2016.
Thanks again.

Wonder which international player you guys will draft?

Dade County
06-30-2014, 09:41 PM
But if someone tweeted about LeBron resigning, you probably be the first to start a thread about it hyping it. Lowry won't be a heat, he's likely to resign with the Raps!

I never said that anyone couldn't or shouldn't start a thread about this lowry rumour/report, all i am stating is that people shouldn't take this as a for sure thing.

Let the process play out.

Jonathan2323
06-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Not a done deal. Wait till Riley speaks with him. He'll probably go back to Toronto but I would t bet on it.

deaner
06-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Too much $$$ Raptors will regret this when he's injured all next season. Another problem is they hardly have any money to improve their team now unless they go into the luxury.

Alex MaKechnie is one of the leagues best at keeping players on the floor. I wouldn't worry too much about his health. Ownership isn't concerned at all about Lux tax, as long as it's smart money they know Tax is in their future.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Dont worry, every FA will sign for the minumum and play for Miami so Lebron can win more rings and improve his legacy, who needs lowry!

Sactown
06-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Personally would of liked this deal more at 9-10 mill a season , but if 2-3 mill is what separates him from being locked up and free agency than you pay the money especially if you feel multiple other teams are interested

deaner
06-30-2014, 09:54 PM
He's worth more?

Like seriously you guys don't not realize the fact he had his BEST SEASON IN A CONTRACT YEAR. Dude wasn't even a top 15 PG before this season.

He had a really good year yes, great? Not even.

Jeremy Lin lead the Knicks to the playoffs, got a huge contract and what happened, back to reality. It happens. The raps will be making a mistake giving him 12 mil, he's worth about 9 mill tops!

Raptor fans taking advice on contracts from Knick fans. Smh. You're right. Bargnani, Jose, and Stat's contracts should embarrass the rest if the league.

deaner
06-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Wonder which international player you guys will draft?

Ignorance isn't an excuse. Gotta hand it to Knick fans for not hiding under rocks but actually still in the forums with their chest pumped up. Wow.

Sactown
06-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Raptor fans taking advice on contracts from Knick fans. Smh. You're right. Bargnani, Jose, and Stat's contracts should embarrass the rest if the league.
Because they're Knicks fans didn't mean they consigned those deals lol ...

Shmontaine
06-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Not a done deal. Wait till Riley speaks with him. He'll probably go back to Toronto but I would t bet on it.

this talk has got to stop. it's pretty clear that riley had little to do with the big 3 going to miami, or them all opting out now. you think lebron isn't running this show? the only thing riley did was shed enough cap to sign the 3 in 2010.

lebron and co. have taken the reigns on team building in miami.

JNA17
06-30-2014, 10:10 PM
worth

You stole my sig you bastard! :laugh:

Sactown
06-30-2014, 10:13 PM
this talk has got to stop. it's pretty clear that riley had little to do with the big 3 going to miami, or them all opting out now. you think lebron isn't running this show? the only thing riley did was shed enough cap to sign the 3 in 2010.

Yeah I'm not sure why Pat Riley is hailed as a God.. If LBJ and Wade hated each other coming out and bosh had be become good friends with Melo we might have seen Melo and Bosh in Denver while Lebron stayed in Cleveland and Wade fell apart from mileage in 2009... Had much more to do with friendships than Riley being some voodoo master lol.. Congrats he shredded all the cap ... Kings were bottom in cap for multiple seasons as well..

numba1CHANGsta
06-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Lowry is going to make more than what Wade is going to make LOL

J4KOP99
06-30-2014, 10:17 PM
Huge money.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Compensation? Canadians are going 1st overall back to back years, who you'd want on your team, that you wouldnt get. Your ignorance will only take you so far, he wants to stay in Toronto because he is a leader on the raptor, he gets along very well with his coach, he's found a home where he loves it in toronto and loves his team. He's never had that in his career, he's finally getting decent pay.

Bringing up that he's being overpaid in Canada is not relevant. You're just bitter.
Not bitter its the truth. They pay a bit more because they also have to compensate for him getting taxed a bit more as T-Mac once said, and it's why bosh ate a lil more than the other 2 coming over.

I said the situation fit him, but the economics of the deal also have to do with taxes. You're foolish if you can't admit that is one drawback of Canada or even a big media city,

JustinTime
06-30-2014, 10:21 PM

We have higher personal taxes so we do have to overpay for players. The NBA shouldn't count overpayment for tax purposes against the cap, a lot of teams get screwed over by their state/provincial tax laws.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 10:22 PM

Yeah because we were in the room when they negotiated and agreed to those contract :facepalm:

Shmontaine
06-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Yeah I'm not sure why Pat Riley is hailed as a God.. If LBJ and Wade hated each other coming out and bosh had be become good friends with Melo we might have seen Melo and Bosh in Denver while Lebron stayed in Cleveland and Wade fell apart from mileage in 2009... Had much more to do with friendships than Riley being some voodoo master lol.. Congrats he shredded all the cap ... Kings were bottom in cap for multiple seasons as well..

I'm pretty sure it was dan le betard's rant when they signed in 2010. all that 'discounted' nonsense.

this formula worked well the first time, but it's now become less about who can help and more about their friendships. it will be interesting to see how this unfolds for them.

Jonathan2323
06-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Raptors can have him for 14.5 mil that's ridiculous

MrfadeawayJB
06-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Poison pill contract. Seems like Toronto is front loading this

JustinTime
06-30-2014, 10:43 PM
14.5 mil that's is just stupid and it shows that he doesn't really want to be in Toronto.

ManRam
06-30-2014, 10:54 PM
14.5 is already being shot down from a ton of sources. 12 million still seems to be the number.

bucketss
06-30-2014, 10:56 PM

bucketss
06-30-2014, 11:02 PM
idk why that tweet disapeared but the yahoo guy said someone sent him a scam text,, 14.5 is false.

dnl123
06-30-2014, 11:10 PM
I love how everyone is treating Kyle Lowry like he's a top tier point guard. He's a nice player but seriously 12 mill?

LAKobeBryant
06-30-2014, 11:13 PM
You stole my sig you bastard! :laugh:

pretty sure i had it before you :eyebrow:

Aust
He really worth that much? Would rather my Lakers spend that money elsewhere.

Good for the Heat. I don't see him as making that big of a difference. Go get Gortat and a few others.

JustinTime
I love how everyone is treating Kyle Lowry like he's a top tier point guard. He's a nice player but seriously 12 mill?

Way too much considering his past, he should be making 8 million.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 11:14 PM
To people saying Lowry is Overpaid, please please please use your godamn head before you comment.

Other than Bledsoe, Lowry is the only other PG of value on the market. He's the top PG available in a free agency where multiple teams could use a PG and where multiple teams have cap room available. With that being said, he will get his money's worth.

An good pg roughly makes 10-11 mil, but being the only PG available while many teams have cap room and want to go after him, he'll get slightly paid more 12-13mil.

Now do you really really think, that Lowry would sign with just anyone for 10 mil? Ya'll need to think a little, it's agitating reading the stupidity post after post. Consider the facts.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 11:15 PM
If you wanna see overpaid, look at Deron Williams. Good Day.

BHF
06-30-2014, 11:16 PM

Do you watch basketball or are you talking out of your ***? Because if you have seen Lowry play you would know that he is a top tier point guard.

JustinTime
06-30-2014, 11:20 PM
To people saying Lowry is Overpaid, please please please use your godamn head before you comment.

Other than Bledsoe, Lowry is the only other PG of value on the market. He's the top PG available in a free agency where multiple teams could use a PG and where multiple teams have cap room available. With that being said, he will get his money's worth.

An good pg roughly makes 10-11 mil, but being the only PG available while many teams have cap room and want to go after him, he'll get slightly paid more 12-13mil.

Now do you really really think, that Lowry would sign with just anyone for 10 mil? Ya'll need to think a little, it's agitating reading the stupidity post after post. Consider the facts.

Well since you're ignoring a lot of the facts I find it hard to take your advice. Lowry is an injury prone PG who was overweight for the entire year before his contract year. He is a much higher risk than other PG's because of his past.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Well since you're ignoring a lot of the facts I find it hard to take your advice. Lowry is an injury prone PG who was overweight for the entire year before his contract year. He is a much higher risk than other PG's because of his past.

According to him, he's worth more. Let's give him 5 yrs 130 mill

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 11:24 PM

He hasnt missed a game this season, he played through injuries in the post season and the raptors have some of the best physical staff in the NBA, hardly anyone on the team missed games, they got the NBA's best in Alex Mckechnie. Secondly, he's not overweight, he missed training camp the previous year but got himself together.

According to him, he's worth more. Let's give him 5 yrs 130 mill
That wasnt me, that was another poster, but yeah let's also give Studemire another 100$ mil contract while we're at it.

deaner
06-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Yeah because we were in the room when they negotiated and agreed to those contract :facepalm:

It's a level playing field. No one is in the room. So why point fingers?
Your team is legendary for the worst contracts.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 11:28 PM
He hasnt missed a game this season, he played through injuries in the post season and the raptors have some of the best physical staff in the NBA, hardly anyone on the team missed games, they got the NBA's best in Alex Mckechnie. Secondly, he's not overweight, he missed training camp the previous year but got himself together.

That wasnt me, that was another poster, but yeah let's also give Studemire another 100$ mil contract while we're at it.

If he lead the raps to the playoffs, you guys probably would :laugh2:

smith&wesson
06-30-2014, 11:29 PM
sooo many players are over plaid, who gives a ****.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 11:29 PM
It's a level playing field. No one is in the room. So why point fingers?
Your team is legendary for the worst contracts.

And your team is about to give a bad contract to an injury prone PG who had his best year in a contract yr.

kozelkid
06-30-2014, 11:30 PM
This. All Riley proved was that he was incapable of adding young talent that can grow, learn and be longterm options when the big 3 begin to decline. This is why they're in this predicament in the first place. That, and his ridiculous refusal and closed-mindedness to stash euro players. Easily the most overrated gm the past ten years or so.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 11:34 PM
if the raptors resign lowry for 12-13mil a year instead of 10-11 mil, it'll be overpaying by minimally, but you have to remember, whether it's lowry, or derrick rose, whoever was the only top PG in this FA period was going to get overpaid with how much cap room these teams have. Stop making it seem like a huge deal, it isnt like we have Bargnani with 10 mil a year, or Deron williams at 20 mil a year, or roy hibbert and his max contract.

Give it a rest.

nytunnelvision
06-30-2014, 11:38 PM
Damn, hoping he would leave the Atlantic division for the Knicks sake. Raptors are going to be a problem for a while.

JustinTime
06-30-2014, 11:41 PM
Forum title should be Raptors on the verge of making a huge mistake.

Cal827
06-30-2014, 11:44 PM
**** at 12 mill per year with increases?

I like the guy, but damn that's expensive.

I was hoping for a deal that ended at about 12 per year (like 4/44 or 5/60 at the highest).

I'm skeptical because of the "contract year" but hopefully for us (assuming that this is valid), he plays at the same level as he did this year.

On the bright side, the Raptors will have a lot of Cap Space Next year to add a key cog too (assuming they allow the player options to end with the contract expiring) with some of the key core locked up in Lowry/Derozan/Ross/JV.

Also, who's the ****face who would want him at 5/130 :laugh:

Cal827
06-30-2014, 11:49 PM
if the raptors resign lowry for 12-13mil a year instead of 10-11 mil, it'll be overpaying by minimally, but you have to remember, whether it's lowry, or derrick rose, whoever was the only top PG in this FA period was going to get overpaid with how much cap room these teams have. Stop making it seem like a huge deal, it isnt like we have Bargnani with 10 mil a year, or Deron williams at 20 mil a year, or roy hibbert and his max contract.

Give it a rest.

I wouldn't be taking a shot at the Knicks for that contract without ripping into our former GM for signing such a stupid contract. :laugh:

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 11:52 PM

I wouldn't be taking a shot at the Knicks for that contract without ripping into our former GM for signing such a stupid contract. :laugh:

it's just really funny considering that anyone would trade for it, and also give up a 1st rounder for it. that's why it's funny/ pathetic LOL.

JustinTime
06-30-2014, 11:52 PM

I was hoping for a deal that ended at about 12 per year (like 4/44 or 5/60 at the highest).

I'm skeptical because of the "contract year" but hopefully for us (assuming that this is valid), he plays at the same level as he did this year.

On the bright side, the Raptors will have a lot of Cap Space Next year to add a key cog too (assuming they allow the player options to end with the contract expiring) with some of the key core locked up in Lowry/Derozan/Ross/JV.

If those 14.5 million reports turn out to be true i'm getting my torch and pitchfork and heading to the streets.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 11:57 PM

Friedtofuz

Don't get me wrong Lowry is a beast but at 12 mill, it's overpaying.

dnl123
07-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Do you watch basketball or are you talking out of your ***? Because if you have seen Lowry play you would know that he is a top tier point guard.

Do you watch basketball? Top tier means Chris Paul level, Lowry can't sniff Paul's jockstrap. You're overvaluing Lowry, but I'm sure I can't convince you cause you seem like an arrogant jerk.

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Do you watch basketball? Top tier means Chris Paul level, Lowry can't sniff Paul's jockstrap. You're overvaluing Lowry, but I'm sure I can't convince you cause you seem like an arrogant jerk.

He is

FriedTofuz
07-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Friedtofuz

Don't get me wrong Lowry is a beast but at 12 mill, it's overpaying.

I never said that, this guy did:

and either way, he never said 130/5, you just pulled it out of your rear end or something.

goingfor28
07-01-2014, 12:10 AM
But I thought he was guaranteed to go to the HEAT and take a PAY CUT?

FYL_McVeezy
07-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey has traveled to Philadelphia to meet with free agent guard Kyle Lowry tonight, league source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Lowry is a priority for the Rockets, who will first make a run at Carmelo Anthony (and LeBron James).

Rockets tryna get in on the party too.

Crackadalic
07-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Yeah its a little overpay but its not terrible. He had a good year so lets see he can live to that contract

mjt20mik
07-01-2014, 12:18 AM

Yeah I'm slightly worried being a Raptors fan.

JustinTime
07-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Rockets GM traveled to philly to meet Lowry ASAP.

FriedTofuz
07-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey has traveled to Philadelphia to meet with free agent guard Kyle Lowry tonight, league source tells Yahoo.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/483825587471937536

Resigning news came too soon lol.

Cal827
07-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Yeah I'm slightly worried being a Raptors fan.

Well, it wouldn't be so bad if by chance he goes to Houston and we Get Parsons and Picks as a replacement lol

mjt20mik
07-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Well, it wouldn't be so bad if by chance he goes to Houston and we Get Parsons and Picks as a replacement lol

Then go hard after Bledsoe?

JustinTime
07-01-2014, 12:22 AM
C'mon Rockets steal Lowry from us stop us from making a huge mistake.

Cal827
07-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Then go hard after Bledsoe?

That's who I would like to target, but kinda depends on Phoenix's direction.

bucketss
07-01-2014, 12:36 AM
isn't kyle lowry and kevin mchale kind of beefing?

Crackadalic
07-01-2014, 12:37 AM

If They get Lowry and also resign Parsons I actually like that team better then just signing Melo

JustinTime
07-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Raptors have begun recruiting VC now

bucketss
07-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Raptors have begun recruiting VC now

we gonna be deep, i think we can give miami a serious run for their money, depending if Val and derozan have improved.

JustinTime
07-01-2014, 12:54 AM
we gonna be deep, i think we can give miami a serious run for their money, depending if Val and derozan have improved.

If we get Lowry and VC I think we're still an all-star/super-star away from being real competitors. You have to remember that we got beat by the Nets who got killed by the Heat who got crushed by the Spurs, meaning we have a long ways to go.

Quinnsanity
07-01-2014, 12:56 AM

Someone's nervous...

Cal827
07-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Someone's nervous...

Well, when you have the best player in the world potentially leaving your team, who wouldn't be nervous? lol

I honestly think he's gonna stay though, just not help out the team with FA lol

Mr.B
07-01-2014, 01:24 AM
If we get Lowry and VC I think we're still an all-star/super-star away from being real competitors. You have to remember that we got beat by the Nets who got killed by the Heat who got crushed by the Spurs, meaning we have a long ways to go.
Just a little bit on Vince... He's saying that the Mavs got a bargain 3 years ago and that now he's looking to "shed the biggest bargain label."

Cal827
07-01-2014, 01:44 AM
Just a little bit on Vince... He's saying that the Mavs got a bargain 3 years ago and that now he's looking to "shed the biggest bargain label."

Oh god,

with our luck, we lose Lowry, then go sign Vince to a Max deal in a panic move :laugh2:

Saddletramp
07-01-2014, 01:52 AM
isn't kyle lowry and kevin mchale kind of beefing?

I think Lowry said that if he could do it over, he wouldn't have been a diva-like dick. It seems like it was a maturity thing and now he gets it.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 02:07 AM

Gortat and Ariza for sure. Poor Washington, looks like they were building something positive now two of their main contributors look to be out the door.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Oh god,

with our luck, we lose Lowry, then go sign Vince to a Max deal in a panic move :laugh2:

Don't worry, the Mavs will probably offer him a max deal. :laugh2:

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 02:10 AM
How long is Derozan signed through?

Cal827
07-01-2014, 02:13 AM
How long is Derozan signed through?

We have him for the next two years. He has a player option in 2016-2017, but I assume that he'll probably opt out.

FriedTofuz
07-01-2014, 03:40 AM
so it looks like a false rumor, once again! If raptors are forced to add a 5th year to the deal, it'll suck a lot.

North Yorker
07-01-2014, 07:21 AM
We have him for the next two years. He has a player option in 2016-2017, but I assume that he'll probably opt out.

No, we have him for 3 more years. The last year is not a player option.

R. Johnson#3
07-01-2014, 07:57 AM

I disagree. Just because we got beat by the Nets doesn't mean we have a long way to go. We had one key mismatch that was exploited in almost every single game and that was the fact that we had nobody to match up with Joe Johnson aside from Landry Fields.

prodigy
07-01-2014, 09:06 AM

But he's right. If they are unable to sign either a superstar or a few real good players along with a solid bench I'm not sure why he would resign.

I Rock Shaqs
07-01-2014, 09:20 AM

Why is everything always " he's not as good so that automatically means he THE WORST EVER!" You're acting like Lowry is not even a top 10 point guard and Chris Paul is like some super god mega LeBron James x10 player.

ATX
07-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Someone's nervous...

Not at all actually. I have full faith in the organization.

Vinylman
07-01-2014, 09:21 AM

bingo... Riley always has gotten to much credit

Lo Porto
07-01-2014, 09:28 AM
I hope Lowry stays. $12 seems like a lot, but not for a team like Toronto who could not replace him in free agency.

I hope Diaw and Mills leave. Hope LBJ goes to Cleveland. Hope Bosh and Wade stay. Hope the NBA landscape changes a little.

torocan
07-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I hope Lowry stays. $12 seems like a lot, but not for a team like Toronto who could not replace him in free agency.

I hope Diaw and Mills leave. Hope LBJ goes to Cleveland. Hope Bosh and Wade stay. Hope the NBA landscape changes a little.

$12M really isn't that much when Lowry is the face of the franchise and the leader in the locker room.

And why on earth would you want Diaw and Mills to leave the Spurs? This is the best season they've ever had in their careers, they've won a ring, and they're both stupidly happy? Diaw especially who's been miserable ever since he's left Phoenix?

And let's be real, Lebron isn't going back to Cleveland any time soon. The guy really doesn't care that much about Cleveland, he just wants to chase rings.

koreancabbage
07-01-2014, 10:08 AM

Na, then the West is ALWAYS gonna have a winner for like the next 5 years. Any team that comes out of the East not named the Miami is gonna get squashed 4-0 every year in the finals lol.

OKC is the three headed monster waiting at the door when Spurs decide to call it quits.

FriedTofuz
07-01-2014, 05:27 PM
if lowry remains in toronto and with Gortat off the board, and with Loul Deng not willing to take a paycut to sign with the heat, who are their next options? Vince Carter, Shawn Marion?

Tony_Starks
07-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Mike Lawwwwwry, I mean Kyle Lowry is about to get overpayed like a Mother F........

FriedTofuz
07-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Honestly, no one can say Lowry is overpaid, the only quality PG on the market where teams are in need of a PG and if 12-13 mil is overpaid, then you clearly havent heard about Kyrie Irving getting a max contract, leading his team to 30% wins in the freaking eastern conference.

Tony_Starks
07-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Honestly, no one can say Lowry is overpaid, the only quality PG on the market where teams are in need of a PG and if 12-13 mil is overpaid, then you clearly havent heard about Kyrie Irving getting a max contract, leading his team to 30% wins in the freaking eastern conference.

Being the best pg in a market full of weak pg's isn't really impressive. Thats like being the best burger at McDonalds.....

beasted86
07-01-2014, 08:00 PM

I hear this a lot, but what exactly did the Spurs add again to go from a close loss to strong win?

Nothing really. Bellineli was worse than Neal, but they added Mills to the rotation. They didn't add anyone else.

So, sorry... I'm not buying the idea the HEAT need to revamp the roster to make it close again or maybe even tip the scales back in their favor.

3ballbomber
07-01-2014, 08:18 PM
I hear this a lot, but what exactly did the Spurs add again to go from a close loss to strong win?

Nothing really. Bellineli was worse than Neal, but they added Mills to the rotation. They didn't add anyone else.

So, sorry... I'm not buying the idea the HEAT need to revamp the roster to make it close again or maybe even tip the scales back in their favor.
Well then you best let Lebron know because it came from his own mouth post finals interview. He wants to improve in all positions and no he wasn't talking about effort - he wants more help. But i agree Miami don't need more help, i mean look at that damn roster - it's stacked enough as it is.

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 08:21 PM

Kyrie has the potiential to be a top 5 PG, multiple all stars and quite frankly if he had Derozen and Casey as his head coach he would be in the playoffs. I'd take Kyrie over Lowry easily

beasted86
07-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Well then you best let Lebron know because it came from his own mouth post finals interview. He wants to improve in all positions and no he wasn't talking about effort - he wants more help. But i agree Miami don't need more help, i mean look at that damn roster - it's stacked enough as it is.

Improvements doesn't have to mean all-stars at every position. If we resign the guys we need to resign, spend the full MLE and BAE to add meaningful guys to the rotation and a good rookie or two, we could very well improve at almost every position.

Tony_Starks
07-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Lowry reminds me of that dude at the gym that has decent game but somehow thinks he's all world and gets mad when you don't pass him the rock enough....

bucketss
07-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Lowry reminds me of that dude at the gym that has decent game but somehow thinks he's all world and gets mad when you don't pass him the rock enough....

and usually that dude is winning all the games, AmIright?

Tony_Starks
07-01-2014, 08:44 PM
and usually that dude is winning all the games, AmIright?

Nah. He usually stops getting picked up and has to play with a bunch of scrubs so he can shoot whenever he wants....

Jamiecballer
07-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Nah. He usually stops getting picked up and has to play with a bunch of scrubs so he can shoot whenever he wants....
Lowry is an fairly unselfish point guard - so that's a pretty poor comparison you are making here.

siix
07-01-2014, 09:23 PM
LOL at knicks fans

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 09:30 PM
He thinks he can lead a team deep into the playoffs as he should, this works out Great for Kyle.

FriedTofuz
07-01-2014, 10:02 PM

I think what the spurs had that they ddint have last year was a better bench. They had Diaw playing at a high level. They also had Leonard playing much better and not making rookie mistakes.

The heat on the other hand had a disappointing Dwade, bosh wasnt THAT bad.
With that being said, even if Miami retains their core, the spurs are still better...and with more development from a player like Kawai was a huge difference maker in who won the finals.

MIami can retain the big three, but let's face it, D-wade is no longer flash. It's actually really sad considering how he was a 30ppg SG at one point. His injuries slow him down. The heat use bosh taking merely jumpers and now threes. He's lost so muscle muscle that I dont think I've ever seen him call for the ball in the post and drive in to get to the free throw line. Back in Toronto, 9/10 times bosh would call for the ball down low and take his man off the dribble and get to the free throw line or finish at the rim. His jumper opened up a lot of options too in case he didnt drive in. All im saying is , the big 3 ( with the exception of lebron) is getting worse.

While the spurs, have a young upcoming player in Leonard.

Also I would like to mention that the heat won the 2013 finals because of:
-Allen's 3 point shot
-Kawai leonard making rookie mistakes down the stretch
-Duncan missed two layups at the rim Lol

The spurs would've won both years in a row.
So i'm sorry, adding VC and someone like Marion while maintaining the big 3 will add some depth, but the heat are in no position to win it all--other than potentially making the NBA finals. That's it. :/

bucketss
07-01-2014, 10:08 PM
im watching videos of wade in 2009, dude was so explosive wow

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 10:19 PM
That is a lot of money, good move he can chase rings later (if need be).

0nekhmer
07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
LOL at knicks fans

lmao they're just mad and frustrated they could've gotten Lowry for a decent deal(THJ, and a pick) but refused because of the Masai Ujiri rape symptoms.

Nikeman
07-01-2014, 11:14 PM
im watching videos of wade in 2009, dude was so explosive wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXR_EtkW0qw

If Wade somehow magically time traveled back into that form, Miami wins the next 5 titles easy.

Oh I miss the Wade of the past :(

Its sad because on a wide open fast break he doesn't even dunk anymore, just lay-ups

That 09 season where he averaged 30 points, he was the MVP of the entire league, it was stolen from him

kblo247
07-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Quote: Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 3m
Kyle Lowry will take some time to consider options. Raptors, Rockets & Lakers are bidders, sources said. Heat have not progressed talks.

Giving lakers a chance to make their pitch to Melo. He could get a salary starting close to 9mil in LA

lpdunks8
07-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Improvements doesn't have to mean all-stars at every position. If we resign the guys we need to resign, spend the full MLE and BAE to add meaningful guys to the rotation and a good rookie or two, we could very well improve at almost every position.

Under the cap teams have to renounce their MLE and BAE if they plan to use all of their cap.