PDA

View Full Version : LeBron wants max contract starting at $22.2M

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Teams that contact James will be informed that he wants no less than the maximum salary number for next season, sources said. The max number is projected to be $22.2 million. In 2010, James accepted a pay cut when he signed with the Miami Heat, taking less than the maximum salary to help make space for other free agents.

As of now, James is not scheduling any pitch meetings with teams; he will let agent Rich Paul handle the opening stages of talks. In 2010, James scheduled six meetings with teams at his offices in Cleveland over the first three days of July.

James' demand for the length of his next deal is in flux. After the Finals, James said flexibility was important to him, hinting that he may not be looking for a full four- or five-year contract.

This information could shake up the contenders and sends the message that James, who has never been the single highest-paid player on his team in his 11-year career, is not as willing to sacrifice money to improve the roster as he was in the past. That burden may now fall to teammates such as Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11156634/lebron-james-miami-heat-wants-maximum-salary

Looks like Wade is forced to drop way below the max contract. Personally I think he should take $10M per so LeBron gets his $22.2M starting price. Then they can get Bosh back. Then that extra paycut of Wade could go toward another decent player.

FlashBolt
06-30-2014, 02:30 PM
What an idiot.. No way Wade/Bosh take $10 million each so Bron can get max. I can understand why he wants the max and he's definitely worth the max and more but c'mon, didn't you complain about needing more help?

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Labron definitely deserves the max. Wade in my opinion should only get about 5 to 6 mil a year (and that's being generous). At this point in his career he should be transitioning into a 6th man.

Aust
06-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Sign a 1 year deal every year so you can keep your options open. If a better opportunity is there, jump ship. If my goal was championships and nothing else, that's what I would consider doing.

elledaddy
06-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Told "Dade County" poster that LBJ is not taking less then 21 mill per, He seem to think LBJ would sign for around 13 mill.

NYCkid12
It's crazy to me that he's never been the highest paid player on his team

XpLiCiTT
What an idiot.. No way Wade/Bosh take $10 million each so Bron can get max. I can understand why he wants the max and he's definitely worth the max and more but c'mon, didn't you complain about needing more help?

Wade should be thanking god to get $10 mil at this point in his career. He isn't even 1/3 of the player he was a few years ago.

goingfor28
06-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Sign a 1 year deal every year so you can keep your options open. If a better opportunity is there, jump ship. If my goal was championships and nothing else, that's what I would consider doing.
I agree but obviously he wants long term financial security as well, as anyone would.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-30-2014, 02:37 PM
LMAO@Heat fans thinking he'd accept even less money..time to depart from Fantasy Island.

Nikeman
06-30-2014, 02:38 PM
So there was a video on ESPN,

If LBJ takes 17.5, Wade 13, and Bosh 15, the HEAT have 11.1 in cap space. If the HEAT add lowry for projected 10 million, and then sign Haslem, we are out of cap space.

This is IF LBJ takes 22+, if he takes the max, he can forget getting help and go the the NBA Finals with say just an addition of one 5 million player.

ManRam
06-30-2014, 02:41 PM
LMAO@Heat fans thinking he'd accept even less money..time to depart from Fantasy Island.

I mean, he did it once...soo....

But yeah, taking less money two contracts in a row right in the middle of your prime is unprecedented. He should take the max, even if it means losing someone/something. He's already left enough money on the table.

Crackadalic
Guess he isn't going to the heat if he's asking for a max like that

d00d
I hope he ****s the Heat backwards. They are the least deserving fans and city in sports, worldwide.

Wade is such a dumb *** for opting out of 42 million over 2 years

smith&wesson
Lebron watched that documentary on rich players going broke and now he wants his money lol

Greedy22
06-30-2014, 02:44 PM
As he should, he's worth far more than that.

omdigga
06-30-2014, 02:46 PM
i aint mad at him this time around.. he deserves that max.

smith&wesson
06-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Everyone forgets when Lebron took that first pay cut he didn't have any rings and was starting to get desperate as his legacy was being questioned. That is no longer a factor for Lebron. Where as money, starts to hold more value in the 2nd stage of your career.

If a contract is back loaded and you are asked to opt out in that last year of the contract you arent getting the benfit of that back loaded original contract. And to be asked to take yet another pay cut on your next back loaded contract tells you that you aren't getting that big back load when you are asked to opt out again. Eventually you realize were talking a lot more then just a few million a year here.

hes the best player in the world. He deserves more money than Rudy Gay, wouldn't you all agree ?

Dade County
06-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Told "Dade County" poster that LBJ is not taking less then 21 mill per, He seem to think LBJ would sign for around 13 mill.

This could just be a rumor, but if it is true (hopefully Lbj agent has came out & said this or Lbj himself.)

And if it is true, good for him... But I have a feeling if all the big 3 aren't taking discounts, whats stopping Bosh & Wade from taking 15-17mil each?

So now the HEAT really can't get the players in free agency they wanted. I still think they can win the championship next year, if the league allows them too; it will just be a tougher road (and thats what the viewers want).

I still think they take 13.5 each, but thats just my wishful thinking.

d00d
06-30-2014, 02:54 PM
why would Bosh and Wade opt out so Lebron can get more money if they won't improve their team. I don't believe this report, it makes no sense for those 3 to meet and then they all opt out just to help him get more cash

FlashBolt
06-30-2014, 02:56 PM
He deserves the max - no one can deny that. It's the fact that he wants the max, wants Wade, wants Bosh, and still wants more but doesn't want to give up his fair share. I get that Wade/Bosh aren't even deserving of $10 million based on their performance last year but these guys can go to another team and easily get $10 million. They don't have to stick around and sacrifice their salary so James can get the max. If he truly wants to win, he will take 16 million max. Other than that, I don't see how they build a team better than last year. Him taking the max only offsets Bosh/Wade taking less. James is a smart businessman as well. He's probably thinking long term here and that's not a knock on him. Get the money he deserves. Just don't expect Carmelo to sign for $5 million. I highly doubt these reports, though. James seems like the individual who is more than willing to not accept the max in return of having some legitimate help. These guys met and their agents discuss the possibilities. No way James meets up with Wade and Bosh and tells them "I want the max so you guys better take less money or I'm out." They know they need some help and James is smart enough to understand that him taking the max makes that impossible.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2014, 02:56 PM
The only way the Heat can convince lebron to stay is if both wade and bosh take 10 and 12 mil respectively. then they can use 10 mil to sign Lowry and have nothing left for Haslem. Lebron's going to be a Laker, Maverick, Spur, or Rocket. YOu can count Miami out.

Dade County
06-30-2014, 02:59 PM
why would Bosh and Wade opt out so Lebron can get more money if they won't improve their team. I don't believe this report, it makes no sense for those 3 to meet and then they all opt out just to help him get more cash

Exactly...

It's just the media trying to start something.

We will all realize the truth when the HEAT start signing top key free agents & people are saying how are they going to afford to pay Lbj 22mil; then boom.

Lbj signs for less.

The only way the Heat can convince lebron to stay is if both wade and bosh take 10 and 12 mil respectively. then they can use 10 mil to sign Lowry and have nothing left for Haslem. Lebron's going to be a Laker, Maverick, Spur, or Rocket. YOu can count Miami out.

So sad... :pity:

Why would Wade have opted out then? Don't let the media fool you.

Method28
06-30-2014, 03:00 PM

Why is he an idiot? Lol Kobe is making 24 mill. He's not an idiot for taking what he's worth ? And when did he come out and say he needed more help? I'm not sure if he did but that sounds more like what the fans and the media are spewing.

omdigga
06-30-2014, 03:00 PM
If Lebron wants max and help.. he has to take his talents away from south beach.

Method28
06-30-2014, 03:04 PM
If Lebron wants max and help.. he has to take his talents away from south beach.

Exactly.

IF this report is true. Its the best possible news the teams fishing for him could've gotten today.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-30-2014, 03:05 PM
He's probably pondering the thought that critics are complaining about his willingness to accept less to play with his "friends" and how it may affect his legacy.. He may just want to leave the Heat too.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Then again this could be total horse ****

colinskik
06-30-2014, 03:14 PM
This report doesn't compute with the news that all three of those guys are opting out. Why would Wade opt out to take less money if only so Lebron can get max? It makes sense if they are all trying to help the team by taking less but not if two are taking less and one is taking more.

Lebron does deserve more than he's making though, especially when compared to bosh and wade.

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 03:16 PM
In the end, money > rings.

rhd420
06-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Why is he an idiot? Lol Kobe is making 24 mill. He's not an idiot for taking what he's worth ? And when did he come out and say he needed more help? I'm not sure if he did but that sounds more like what the fans and the media are spewing.

I don't think any Lakers fan have a argument with LeBron taking max after what Kobe did and I as a Lakers fan can say LeBron is far more effective than Kobe moving forward

In terms of Miami, let this play out, Wade and Bosh just opted out of big contracts to help the team ... let the team negotiate with all the players but if I was Riley and the Heat, no offense, SIGN LeBron to the max, who cares if Wade leaves or even Bosh, heck if your a Heat fan this might very well be the excuse for you to get rid of Wade completely and get another talent - can't afford Wade if LeBron wants max right?

It might end up being good for Miami without Wade and just LeBron and Bosh ... and then getting another player

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 03:19 PM
Ofcourse he would say that. He's the best player on the planet and he deserves more than some washed up SG who gets 25 million a year. But I have no doubt he will take less than the max deal as well as his friends Wade and Bosh to accommodate another quality player.

Shots fired!

flclfanman
06-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Curveball: Atlanta signs LBJ outright. There in better shape than Miami.

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Is Cole the only player on the Heat roster right now?

RaiderLakersA's
06-30-2014, 03:23 PM
LeBron deserves a max deal. It's up to the other two stars on the roster to accommodate him, since clearly the Heat's philosophy to payroll is, "You 3 decide how much you want to get paid amongst yourselves, and then come see us."

That said, I could easily envision a scenario where management takes back the reins and makes the hard decision of keeping LeBron, adding Melo and a Center, and let Wade, Bosh or both find their way onto some other roster. The NBA is a business. It may be a family business, but it's still a business. Eventually, inevitably, that cruel reality surfaces.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2014, 03:25 PM
Is Cole the only player on the Heat roster right now?

I heard a rumor it seemed like a done deal of Cole for Lowry. But haven't heard anything since then. So not sure if its finalized or what. But you know how rumors go on twitter.

Hotone1401
06-30-2014, 03:27 PM
I hope he ****s the Heat backwards. They are the least deserving fans and city in sports, worldwide.

Just goes to show you how desparate he is to ride Lebron's coattails. It's amazing how much respect I've lost for Wade in recent years.

RaiderLakersA's
06-30-2014, 03:28 PM
I don't think any Lakers fan have a argument with LeBron taking max after what Kobe did and I as a Lakers fan can say LeBron is far more effective than Kobe moving forward

In terms of Miami, let this play out, Wade and Bosh just opted out of big contracts to help the team ... let the team negotiate with all the players but if I was Riley and the Heat, no offense, SIGN LeBron to the max, who cares if Wade leaves or even Bosh, heck if your a Heat fan this might very well be the excuse for you to get rid of Wade completely and get another talent - can't afford Wade if LeBron wants max right?

It might end up being good for Miami without Wade and just LeBron and Bosh ... and then getting another player

Totally agree with this. And since the LeBron has already proven that he can take the East with just a minimal amount of help, Riley's decision should be even easier. Build for the future now. If Wade isn't already on his last legs after this season, then by the middle of of next season he will be. If Bosh can't give you more from his position as a "big" than a spot up 3 point shooter, then I'd also let that ship sail, too.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-30-2014, 03:29 PM
LMAO@Heat fans thinking he'd accept even less money..time to depart from Fantasy Island.i hope he gets 40 a year lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Curveball: Atlanta signs LBJ outright. There in better shape than Miami.

Hawk traded for unguaranteed contract of Salmons. So they have something going on. Hawks have some nice pieces in Millsap,Horford,Schroeder,Teague.

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Hawk traded for unguaranteed contract of Salmons. So they have something going on. Hawks have some nice pieces in Millsap,Horford,Schroeder,Teague.

Teague
Korver
LeBron
Milsap
Horford

That's a Finals team for sure, if Horford stays healthy.

Dade County
06-30-2014, 03:34 PM

You no nothing about what true HEAT fans want.

Wade is a HEAT member for life.

Red_Pill
06-30-2014, 03:40 PM
He should go to the Mavericks.

?
Ellis
Lebron
Dirk
Chandler

Would be ridiculous.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Teague
Korver
LeBron
Milsap
Horford

That's a Finals team for sure, if Horford stays healthy.Hawks could replace Teague with Schroeder as starter and then trade Teague. Use Teague to upgrade SG.

naps
06-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Just goes to show you how desparate he is to ride Lebron's coattails. It's amazing how much respect I've lost for Wade in recent years.

So wanting to help the franchise that drafted him by sacrificing half the salary is a bad thing? I am sure you earned a lot of respect for your boy Kobe who just signed a 2 year 50 million deal and basically ****ed the Lakers franchise for next 2/3 years. In this capitalist world, athletes like Wade are rare. I for one have gathered tons of respect for him. Guy puts winning ahead of money. Not sure you can show me many examples of that throughout the history of sports.

flclfanman
06-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Hawks could replace Teague with Schroeder as starter and then trade Teague. Use Teague to upgrade SG.

Not yet. Schrod is WAY too raw. With a line up like that they can sign a guy like Augustin/Granger/Collison for bench help.

Korver is fine at SG with Teauge/LBJ/Horford on the field all together. Too much out there to worry about Korver.

raiderposting
06-30-2014, 03:45 PM
If I was Miami I wouldn't sign wade for anything over 7-8 million. If he wants more I wouldn't sign him and focus on getting role players in depth having Lebron as the first option and bosh as the second. If bosh is wiling to take 13-14 they can get a decent starter or but get 2 extra role players as well before using the mle. It would result in a lot of backlash for letting wade walk but it's a business....and the heat belong to Lebron now anyway.

raiderposting
06-30-2014, 03:47 PM
This could just be a rumor, but if it is true (hopefully Lbj agent has came out & said this or Lbj himself.)

And if it is true, good for him... But I have a feeling if all the big 3 aren't taking discounts, whats stopping Bosh & Wade from taking 15-17mil each?

So now the HEAT really can't get the players in free agency they wanted. I still think they can win the championship next year, if the league allows them too; it will just be a tougher road (and thats what the viewers want).

I still think they take 13.5 each, but thats just my wishful thinking.

Lebron isn't taking 13.5 I don't know why you still think that. And the heat may get to the finals again, but if they don't improve that team they aren't winning a championship. Another year for wade and having the same unit they would lose to literally the 8th seed in the west.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 03:49 PM

If LBJ takes 17.5, Wade 13, and Bosh 15, the HEAT have 11.1 in cap space. If the HEAT add lowry for projected 10 million, and then sign Haslem, we are out of cap space.

This is IF LBJ takes 22+, if he takes the max, he can forget getting help and go the the NBA Finals with say just an addition of one 5 million player.

Or they could let Wade and Bosh walk and give Labron the max, sign Lowry and Gortat. I mentioned that in an earlier post in the Heat forum and they thought I was crazy.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 03:50 PM
He should go to the Mavericks.

?
Ellis
Lebron
Dirk
Chandler

Would be ridiculous.

Devin Harris would be the starting PG

TheIlladelph16
06-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I would drop Wade's broken down *** in a second if it means I keep Lebron, Bosh and add another solid piece or two. Heat fans might be understandably upset by this as would Wade, but I believe this is the best business decision for them in the long run. Of course, I don't believe loyalty should play much of a factor here which many might disagree with.

Lakers + Giants
06-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Naps has a hard on for kobe, talk about being obsessed.

D Blue987
06-30-2014, 04:00 PM
I have a feeling Miami is about to get screwed over.

jerellh528
06-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Naps has a hard on for kobe, talk about being obsessed.

Yup, it's embarrassing for him. It's the root of his existence.

InRoseWeTrust
06-30-2014, 04:01 PM

Why do you keep capitalizing 'HEAT'?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Ofcourse he would say that. He's the best player on the planet and he deserves more than some washed up SG who gets 25 million a year. But I have no doubt he will take less than the max deal as well as his friends Wade and Bosh to accommodate another quality player.

lol u will be mad if he signs with the Lakers

Dade County
06-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Lebron isn't taking 13.5 I don't know why you still think that. And the heat may get to the finals again, but if they don't improve that team they aren't winning a championship. Another year for wade and having the same unit they would lose to literally the 8th seed in the west.

If thats whats in the script, their is nothing I or the HEAT players can do about that.

And Wade & Bosh would not have opt out, if this was true; just think about it. They all meet up, & their was another meeting before they opted out.

Don't waste your brain power on this rumor.

:laugh2:

72 Wins
06-30-2014, 04:09 PM
I would drop Wade's broken down *** in a second if it means I keep Lebron, Bosh and add another solid piece or two. Heat fans might be understandably upset by this as would Wade, but I believe this is the best business decision for them in the long run. Of course, I don't believe loyalty should play much of a factor here which many might disagree with.

100% agree.

Htownballa1622
06-30-2014, 04:12 PM
If thats whats in the script, their is nothing I or the HEAT players can do about that.

And Wade & Bosh would not have opt out, if this was true; just think about it. They all meet up, & their was another meeting before they opted out.

Don't waste your brain power on this rumor.

I've been meaning to ask u. Since everything is "scripted" can u explain the 2013 finals and Ray Allens shot? Was that part of the "script?"

Dade County
06-30-2014, 04:18 PM
I have a feeling Miami is about to get screwed over.

Naw... Pat Riley has options upon options, having all that money freed up.

If you are talking about if Lbj leaves...

I am sure Pat & Wade talked about this already; they would just go after Melo and use the extra money on Lowry & Gortat

Lowry
Wade
Melo
Bosh
Gortat

This is just want I think, but I know Pat has everything under control. Don't worry about what decisions Lbj is planning, he is a business man.

nickdymez
06-30-2014, 04:20 PM
As he should, he's worth far more than that.
No is isn't. He's went to the finals 4 times on that team and lost twice. If having him on your roster guaranteed a ring every year which no player does, then yes. But since it doesn't, he deserves the same max everyone else does.

rhd420
06-30-2014, 04:22 PM

no offense, even as a Lakers fan ... if they had a shot at LeBron, if that meant Kobe not retiring a Laker, so be it ... it means a better shot at a title

Wade being a Heat for life - well let's see if he takes a pay cut to prove that because there is no reason to pick him over LeBron if you had to decide who to pay max money to

kblo247
06-30-2014, 04:22 PM
So wanting to help the franchise that drafted him by sacrificing half the salary is a bad thing? I am sure you earned a lot of respect for your boy Kobe who just signed a 2 year 50 million deal and basically ****ed the Lakers franchise for next 2/3 years. In this capitalist world, athletes like Wade are rare. I for one have gathered tons of respect for him. Guy puts winning ahead of money. Not sure you can show me many examples of that throughout the history of sports.

1 team made a 100mil profit selling season tickets and because of a tv deal kobe got them despite paying the largest share of revenue sharing.

It's not close as Jeanie and Jim have said before what they paid in terms of what kobe generates. Jerry Buss said the same thing years ago wen asked how he could own the team, pay the tax, and not have outside ventures ... Simply said kobe

And hey you may want to realize they took care of Magic (ownership stake given to him) and worthy (lifetime announcing contract worth mid 6 figures per year) who were lifers.

And hey guess what they left on the table? Exactly the max for Melo or Bron, with a possible extra 6-8 mil, a room exception, and top lotto pick

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 04:24 PM
LeBron and Kobe make me scratch my head with their irrational thought process. They want to team with another elite superstar or possibly two and yet all the while Kobe isn't dropping a cent of his 24.5 million per over the next two seasons and LeBron want's 22.2 so basically if either wanted to team up with Melo two thirds of cap space is gone. Good luck piecing together a championship squad with the little less than 20 million.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 04:28 PM

1 team made a 100mil profit selling season tickets and because of a tv deal kobe got them despite paying the largest share of revenue sharing.

It's not close as Jeanie and Jim have said before what they paid in terms of what kobe generates. Jerry Buss said the same thing years ago wen asked how he could own the team, pay the tax, and not have outside ventures ... Simply said kobe

And hey you may want to realize they took care of Magic (ownership stake given to him) and worthy (lifetime announcing contract worth mid 6 figures per year) who were lifers.

And hey guess what they left on the table? Exactly the max for Melo or Bron, with a possible extra 6-8 mil, a room exception, and top lotto pick

jerellh528
06-30-2014, 04:29 PM
LeBron and Kobe make me scratch my head with their irrational thought process. They want to team with another elite superstar or possibly two and yet all the while Kobe isn't dropping a cent of his 24.5 million per over the next two seasons and LeBron want's 22.2 so basically if either wanted to team up with Melo two thirds of cap space is gone. Good luck piecing together a championship squad with the little less than 20 million.

Kobe didn't ask for that amount, jeanie buss gave it to him and he accepted, I'm sure they have a plan in mind.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Y'all can also bs someone else with Tim selfless Duncan ****.

Tim's *** wasn't selfless when he took up a third of the cap in a tax free state while being one of the worst drawing superstars ever. He wasn't cutting discounts at all when he was making 20mil, averaging 13 pts, playing under 30 mins and getting his salad tossed by Marc and Zach as the 1 losing to the 8

The fabrication that Tim or Manu was selfless is bs, they fell off, and they never drew **** revenue or ratings wise to be deserving of eating big pie. Worst drawing finals of all time, not great road attendance, minutes management and all played in on this number he supposedly sacrificed for. If he drew for **** he would have been eating too like he always did

unleashthebeast
06-30-2014, 04:33 PM
LeBron deserves it. Give it to him. LOL it is really that simple

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Wade is being unreasonable. Just because the Lakers were willing to give Kobe a lifetime achievement contract doesn't mean it was a smart move. Wade is in major decline and should not get paid for what he did years ago. You should only get paid for the player you are now. I seriously doubt riley promised him an increase his next contract if he was on the downside of his career. Let's not act like Wade sacrificed his numbers for LeBron. He was the one who needed LeBron to win because he started his decline the year before LBJ arrived. Take what you get and be happy with that. You play in Miami so no state tax. Either that or join Cuban and his old farts in Dallas. He usually signs guys who are almost finished.

Red_Pill
06-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Devin Harris would be the starting PG

If you could resign Marion and Carter for off the bench...

Harris/Felton
Ellis/Carter
Lebron/Marion
Dirk/Crowder
Chandler

That's not only a contender, that's the favorite to win it all. Lots of scoring with good defense and a solid bench.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Wade is being unreasonable. Just because the Lakers were willing to give Kobe a lifetime achievement contract doesn't mean it was a smart move. Wade is in major decline and should not get paid for what he did years ago. You should only get paid for the player you are now. I seriously doubt riley promised him an increase his next contract if he was on the downside of his career. Let's not act like Wade sacrificed his numbers for LeBron. He was the one who needed LeBron to win because he started his decline the year before LBJ arrived. Take what you get and be happy with that. You play in Miami so no state tax. Either that or join Cuban and his old farts in Dallas. He usually signs guys who are almost finished.

Wade would have another fn ring if lebron showed the **** up vs Dallas. They both cost one another

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Kobe didn't ask for that amount, jeanie buss gave it to him and he accepted, I'm sure they have a plan in mind.

He has to know the cap number and if really wanted number 6 he would have wanted them to spread the wealth. Kobe is at the point where he's made his money and his obsession is tying Jordan at 6. Can't do that making almost 25 million per.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
He has to know the cap number and if really wanted number 6 he would have wanted them to spread the wealth. Kobe is at the point where he's made his money and his obsession is tying Jordan at 6. Can't do that making almost 25 million per.

How many people here say oh that's too much, besides it's what the lakers do. They did it with magic and worthy

Again left a max a lot, a room exception, 6-8 mil, and a lotto pick salary.

And besides kobe hasn't had cap space ever in his 18 year career, and he's won 5 rings and been to 7 finals. You didn't know wth they can make shake

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Wade would have another fn ring if lebron showed the **** up vs Dallas. They both cost one another

Lol. I get your point but before the collapse Wade needed LeBron because Beasley as your second option ain't cutting it. LeBron did more with less than Wade did.

Dade County
06-30-2014, 04:40 PM
I've been meaning to ask u. Since everything is "scripted" can u explain the 2013 finals and Ray Allens shot? Was that part of the "script?"

No, that shot wasn't scripted lol... All 3 quarters before that was http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400467338, Spurs having the lead to begin the forth was, HEAT suppose to make a dramatic comeback like normal, Spurs said F that ****, Lbj looking at the refs like what the **** is going on (like help me, it's not supposed to be written like this). Refs like play ball, HEAT found away to win.

no offense, even as a Lakers fan ... if they had a shot at LeBron, if that meant Kobe not retiring a Laker, so be it ... it means a better shot at a title

Wade being a Heat for life - well let's see if he takes a pay cut to prove that because there is no reason to pick him over LeBron if you had to decide who to pay max money to

Wade money has nothing to do with if Lbj really wants a max contract or (this could be made up by the media). If the HEAT really gives Lbj a max so what, but Wade would not have opted out to take like 7-9mil a year.

They all would have talked about how much money everyone wanted...etc

If Lbj really get the max (and I have no problems with that), that mean he is the team. Because I expect, Wade & Bosh to get 15-17mil each then. And Lbj can take Miami on his back and do whatever with it.

Just think about it, Wade & Bosh opted out after having a meeting with Lbj... If they felt that he was going to leave, they would have opted in, or they maybe targeting Melo and Wade & Bosed opted out for him

We don't know.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 04:41 PM
If you could resign Marion and Carter for off the bench...

Harris/Felton
Ellis/Carter
Lebron/Marion
Dirk/Crowder
Chandler

That's not only a contender, that's the favorite to win it all. Lots of scoring with good defense and a solid bench.

I agree but that will never happen. Labron doesn't want to play in Dallas. Also he knows that his image would take a huge hit if he bolted for another team. I see him resigning in Miami for the max. IF by some chance he were to leave I think it would be to Cleveland. That is the only place he could go and his image not take a hit.

Big Zo
06-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Remember when Chris Bosh was gonna be traded for Lowry a few days ago? Just because it's reported, doesn't mean it's not made up.

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 04:45 PM
How many people here say oh that's too much, besides it's what the lakers do. They did it with magic and worthy

Again left a max a lot, a room exception, 6-8 mil, and a lotto pick salary.

And besides kobe hasn't had cap space ever in his 18 year career, and he's won 5 rings and been to 7 finals. You didn't know wth they can make shake

Kobe can. If just won one ring then I can see your point. But this is a hard cap. Have them give him stocks in the Lakers if he wants but to put together a championship team it can't be done. What elite talent wants to go to the Lakers with an ancient Kobe coming off Achilles surgery at almost age 36 with nothing else on the roster now? After Kobe retires and say Melo signed to actually team up with him for the two years left and beyond....isn't that Laker team a rebuilding mess. Basically Pau will be gone so you just have Randle and Swaggy P if he stays.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 04:47 PM

That team of almost finished players out up a better fight against the Spurs than any other team in the playoffs, especially the Heat.

And trust me, NO ONE in Dallas wants Wade here.

cssdmark
06-30-2014, 04:51 PM

This is IF LBJ takes 22+, if he takes the max, he can forget getting help and go the the NBA Finals with say just an addition of one 5 million player. obviously he expects the other two to take big cuts or someone has to go. Lebron is forcing the Heats hand. Interesting when Lebron did that tribute to D. Wade he made a comment about no matter what happens they will always be brothers, maybe this is what he was referring to.

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Or they could let Wade and Bosh walk and give Labron the max, sign Lowry and Gortat. I mentioned that in an earlier post in the Heat forum and they thought I was crazy.

Gortat is a beast. They would work well with the pick and roll. The Big Three Era of James, Wade and Bosh is over.Infuse the roster with new blood and keep LBJ as your centerpiece.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Kobe can. If just won one ring then I can see your point. But this is a hard cap. Have them give him stocks in the Lakers if he wants but to put together a championship team it can't be done. What elite talent wants to go to the Lakers with an ancient Kobe coming off Achilles surgery at almost age 36 with nothing else on the roster now? After Kobe retires and say Melo signed to actually team up with him for the two years left and beyond....isn't that Laker team a rebuilding mess. Basically Pau will be gone so you just have Randle and Swaggy P if he stays.

Not really, the way they set it up, Kobe would recruit Melo (he gets along best with him and Melo did say kobe was underpaid when asked about the extension)

Anyhow, kobe retires and comes off the books after two years of competing and handing the keys to Melo. Remember he actually is recruiting Melo u like Dwight or Rose, and it's by his choice as SAS has promoted all year. Melo in the summer kobe retires can call up the then free agent KD and hand him the keys or torch like kobe wants to do with Melo, unlike with Dwight. They have a whole max slot of cap room in a higher cap because of the nbas tv deal being redid.

Kobe recruits Melo, Nash gets stretched, and they turn what's left into one of Pau/Lowry/Gortat, make a room signing, bring back Farmar/Young/Kelly by most reports and get some vet min guys, and throw Randle in the fire to develop

Years later kobe retires, Melo is there, makes a run at KD, Randles developed, they have an amnesty because of the new CBA, have a higher cap with space from kobe retiring, and some kind of exception.

I'm just saying people are sleeping on the fact they can trot out

Collision Kobe Melo Randle Pau
Mills Kobe Melo Randle Pau
Lowry Kobe Melo Randle Hill

They've not been featured in Gortat rumors but Ramona has said the interest on Lowry is real.

They've even said if Melo and Bron say no, their plan b is trying for all of Lowry, Ariza, and Monroe to join kobe and Randle

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 04:56 PM
That team of almost finished players out up a better fight against the Spurs than any other team in the playoffs, especially the Heat.

And trust me, NO ONE in Dallas wants Wade here.

If Dallas were in the East they very well could of faced the Spurs in the Finals. They have a roster of guys who are still performing and you wonder how they still can. Marion is ageless.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 04:58 PM
If anything Bosh fits Houston or Dallas more than any other team. Maybe he walks and Wade stays with Bron and two B free agents in Gortat and Lowry/Stephenson (Bron plays with te damn ball anyhow)

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Not really, the way they set it up, Kobe would recruit Melo (he gets along best with him and Melo did say kobe was underpaid when asked about the extension)

Anyhow, kobe retires and comes off the books after two years of competing and handing the keys to Melo. Remember he actually is recruiting Melo u like Dwight or Rose, and it's by his choice as SAS has promoted all year. Melo in the summer kobe retires can call up the then free agent KD and hand him the keys or torch like kobe wants to do with Melo, unlike with Dwight. They have a whole max slot of cap room in a higher cap because of the nbas tv deal being redid.

Kobe recruits Melo, Nash gets stretched, and they turn what's left into one of Pau/Lowry/Gortat, make a room signing, bring back Farmar/Young/Kelly by most reports and get some vet min guys, and throw Randle in the fire to develop

Years later kobe retires, Melo is there, makes a run at KD, Randles developed, they have an amnesty because of the new CBA, have a higher cap with space from kobe retiring, and some kind of exception.

They've not been featured in Gortat rumors but Ramona has said the interest on Lowry is real.

They've even said if Melo and Bron say no, their plan b is trying for all of Lowry, Ariza, and Monroe to join kobe and Randle

And Melo will be about 33 and starting to show signs of decline, possibly.Any team who signs Melo should only expect three classic Melo years. Unless he's on PED's wear and tear sets in around that age.

goingfor28
06-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Loooool I don't get it either.
I was told bc it's written that way on thro jerseys on here once. And the "official HEAT team website" :laugh2:

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 05:02 PM
If anything Bosh fits Houston or Dallas more than any other team. Maybe he walks and Wade stays with Bron and two B free agents in Gortat and Lowry/Stephenson (Bron plays with te damn ball anyhow)

They need to keep Bosh for less and make him the second option and turn him back to the Bosh he was in Toronto. He can't be third banana behind an over the hill Wade who will need to rest over 30 games this time. That plan failed miserably.

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 05:05 PM
I know LeBron is a freak physically but how many more years can he possibly play at a high level. This will be what his 12th year coming up?

cssdmark
06-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Lebron is forcing Bosh out of a Miami. It sounds like a superhero cartoon. Will this be the end of the super friends?

astonmartin10
06-30-2014, 05:08 PM
He makes enough money off endorsements I think Lebron takes a pay cut to bring in someone else. They all planned this out.

cssdmark
06-30-2014, 05:10 PM

The operative word is "try"

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 05:11 PM
[Q UOTE=SILVER SEAVER;28703689]If Dallas were in the East they very well could of faced the Spurs in the Finals. They have a roster of guys who are still performing and you wonder how they still can. Marion is ageless.[/QUOTE]
Little known fact about Shawn Marion. His brother (Brock Marion) played in the NFL and also won a title in Dallas. He was on the '92 Cowboys team.

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 05:13 PM
It's why he's opting out. I wouldn't read anything into whenever those three are involved. For all we know it's a done deal with the new contracts, just waiting for tomorrow to finalize.

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 05:16 PM
[Q UOTE=SILVER SEAVER;28703689]If Dallas were in the East they very well could of faced the Spurs in the Finals. They have a roster of guys who are still performing and you wonder how they still can. Marion is ageless.
Little known fact about Shawn Marion. His brother (Brock Marion) played in the NFL and also won a title in Dallas. He was on the '92 Cowboys team.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes, I remember him.

Big Zo
06-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Little known fact about Shawn Marion. His brother (Brock Marion) played in the NFL and also won a title in Dallas. He was on the '92 Cowboys team.
Brock also played for the Dolphins, and Shawn with the Heat.

Crackadalic
06-30-2014, 05:18 PM
There is no reason why the best player on the planet should not make the most money outside Kobe because of the legacy thing

Yes winning is important and he does make money off the court but it's all about security and if I'm guaranteed 22+ a year for 5 years at the age of 30 I'm taking it. He be foolish to turn that down. Fuccin carmelo made more then him in his career.

If anything wade needs to realize he is not anything more then 12 million a year anymore if he is only available towards the end of the season and playoffs

d00d
06-30-2014, 05:20 PM
the only reality is that these ****ers will be making multiple millions of dollars while we struggle to earn a living. we toil and fret over their ***** and say "WE" when we talk about them, but "WE" arent members of the team and they don't give 2 ***** about us.

I am tired of worrying about these overpaid *****es. 22 million for one year of basketball is insane.

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 05:21 PM
There is no reason why the best player on the planet should not make the most money outside Kobe because of the legacy thing

Yes winning is important and he does make money off the court but it's all about security and if I'm guaranteed 22+ a year for 5 years at the age of 30 I'm taking it. He be foolish to turn that down. Fuccin carmelo made more then him in his career.

If anything wade needs to realize he is not anything more then 12 million a year anymore if he is only available towards the end of the season and playoffs

Wade feels like he's owed for being a good soldier and just maybe the franchise that preaches family will show him the door if he doesn't take considerably less.

SILVER SEAVER
06-30-2014, 05:23 PM
the only reality is that these ****ers will be making multiple millions of dollars while we struggle to earn a living. we toil and fret over their ***** and say "WE" when we talk about them, but "WE" arent members of the team and they don't give 2 ***** about us.

I am tired of worrying about these overpaid *****es. 22 million for one year of basketball is insane.

22 million for anything is ridiculous. Nobody on the planet is worth that much.

Shmontaine
06-30-2014, 05:26 PM
This is all BS IMO.

he was due to make something like 21 million if he just opted in. then he could just do it all again next summer.

why anyone thinks he's leaving miami is ridiculous. riley brought them together, but they are running the show now. they are negotiating all their contracts congruently. since there are no repercussions for players talking to other players, it's more than likely they're discussing contracts with other players as well to bring in whomever they feel they need to.

as much as it's screwing the game, i also think it's going to backfire on the players... eventually. with players taking more of a GM role on teams (recruiting and the like), they like to forget the tough decisions gm's have to make. a team of all-star friends is great only until players start breaking down. then what? what i think is happening now is not helping the heat for the future. Wade's going to get far more than he should simply because their all friends.

cssdmark
06-30-2014, 05:30 PM

Not if you are making the owners billionaires

Crackadalic
06-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Wade feels like he's owed for being a good soldier and just maybe the franchise that preaches family will show him the door if he doesn't take considerably less.

I would give wade 14-15 tbh just because of loyalty but anything in the 18 range is pushing and wade needs to know he isn't that top 10 player anymore.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 05:37 PM

No need to be salty, he generates 10x per year. It's not even close to compensation he or kobe or true superstars deserve because of the cap over a free market

Crackadalic
06-30-2014, 05:41 PM
No need to be salty, he generates 10x per year. It's not even close to compensation he or kobe or true superstars deserve because of the cap over a free market

People don't realize that superstars in the nba are the most underpaid stars In all major sports

Also people are not oblige to take less just because they make enough. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. You take every penny you can while your still living on this earth for future generations

Shmontaine
06-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Not if you are making the owners billionaires

i don't care how much all parties make. i care how much they feel they can gouge the fans. lower ticket prices, lower concessions, make more games nationally available.

most of the money this league earns is through tv contracts anyway. and that will only increase once teams can have sponsors on the jerseys.

give the fans a break!

cssdmark
06-30-2014, 05:43 PM
No, that shot wasn't scripted lol... All 3 quarters before that was http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400467338, Spurs having the lead to begin the forth was, HEAT suppose to make a dramatic comeback like normal, Spurs said F that ****, Lbj looking at the refs like what the **** is going on (like help me, it's not supposed to be written like this). Refs like play ball, HEAT found away to win.

Wade money has nothing to do with if Lbj really wants a max contract or (this could be made up by the media). If the HEAT really gives Lbj a max so what, but Wade would not have opted out to take like 7-9mil a year.

They all would have talked about how much money everyone wanted...etc

If Lbj really get the max (and I have no problems with that), that mean he is the team. Because I expect, Wade & Bosh to get 15-17mil each then. And Lbj can take Miami on his back and do whatever with it.

Just think about it, Wade & Bosh opted out after having a meeting with Lbj... If they felt that he was going to leave, they would have opted in, or they maybe targeting Melo and Wade & Bosed opted out for him

We don't know.
Read my lips Melo is not playing for 15 mil anywhere. Melo is struggling to leave NYC to take 33 mil less now you want him to take 60 mil less. Melo believes he deserves the max.

Vinylman
06-30-2014, 05:56 PM
people are missing the nuance of the report... this is for teams trying to attract him and has nothing to do with the HEAT...

anyone thinking he will not be on the HEAT next year is naive...

the real question is whether he will throw either bosh or wade under the bus to get someone else he wants... i doubt it but it would be funny.

I am sure all the contracts for the 3 players have been agreed to and that the only thing that will hold up their signing is seeing what other players their FO can sign...

TylerSL
06-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Lebron totally deserves the max contract. Taking less in 2010 was never asked of him he acted on his own accord, however we cannot ask him to do that again. Four years ago, Lebron and Wade were equivalent and Bosh just came off a 24/11 season, making all 3 true max level players. Today, Wade and Bosh are not on the same level as Lebron, so they are the ones who have to make the sacrificing, not all 3 of them. Because of people's perception, Wade is actually underrated now, as Wade had the 6th highest PER in basketball when Lebron was not on the court (26.1). Bosh is still a very high quality player and a perennial all star, but is not a true superstar. Lebron is the best player in basketball, a once in generation talent, and infinitely raises the value of your franchise. He is worth the max and more.

As it stands, Miami is sitting on $20 million cap holds on all 3 of them until they sign new contracts, as well as Cole's $2 million, Napier $1 million hold, Birdman's $900,000 hold, and a vet minimum hold on each roster spot unfilled. That basically means we do not have any money until they take less money. If Wade Bosh take $13 million starting salaries (as is being discussed), the cap would look something like

Lebron-$20 million cap hold
Wade-$13 million
Bosh-$13 million
Cole-$2 million
Napier-$1 million cap hold
Birdman-$900,000
5x vet min cap hold-$2.5 million

Total-About 52.5
Cap available for Free Agents-About 10.5

Miami can go over the cap to sign Lebron, but his hold stays until he signs a new deal. If Lebron gets a max, his starting salary would be over $22 million, meaning Miami would save money by sitting on his hold and waiting to fill out the roster before signing him to max. If Wade/Bosh take less money, Miami would have more money but that does not seem likely. In this case, Miami will be able to go $2.7 million over the cap to bring in any of their previous role players (i.e.Allen, Haslem, Chalmers). The reality of that is Melo was a pipe dream for some (I never wanted him) and Lowry is a long shot. It would take most of that space to even get Deng. I believe Miami will distribute that between several players including Vince Carter, Pau Gasol, Emeka Okafor, and Trevor Ariza.

I still believe Miami will sign 3, possibly 4 guys who will contribute next season, but bringing several big time free agents seems unlikely.

Wade n Fade
06-30-2014, 06:10 PM
I think this is marketing ploy by Lebron and his circle. Want to reduce the field, tell them you won't take less money. The Big Three will be back w/ pay cuts and some FA buddies. Foregone conclusion.

VendettaRed07
06-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Miami should just sign and trade both Wade and Bosh then or let them leave.

They aren't going to take enough of a pay cut to get a fourth player in there if Lebron wants the max. Just completely start over around Lebron.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Brock also played for the Dolphins, and Shawn with the Heat.

I always thought that was interesting and don't know if it has ever been done before where brothers win a title in the same city but in two different sports.

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
It would be funny if the Heat let Wade and Bosh go, just to sign Lebron for a Max.

Aust
06-30-2014, 06:28 PM
I believe Miami will distribute that between several players including Vince Carter, Pau Gasol, Emeka Okafor, and Trevor Ariza.

..You really think you can get those guys with 10.5m?

DR_1
06-30-2014, 06:44 PM
LeBron to Houston, calling it now.

Yanks All Day
06-30-2014, 06:50 PM
If he opted in for 1 more year, he would have made roughly max money, and then could have probably had even more free agent options next season and still signed for the max.

Not buying the story. He'll take less, just because I don't think Wade and Bosh would have opted out of those deals if they thought LeBron was going to put them in that position.

SPURSFAN1
06-30-2014, 06:51 PM
LeBron to Houston, calling it now.

He doesn't want to play in the west. He stays with miami.

DR_1
06-30-2014, 06:52 PM
He doesn't want to play in the west. He stays with miami.

Houston is by far the best fit for him though IMO...

SPURSFAN1
06-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Although it would be fun for the SW division.

SPURSFAN1
06-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Houston is by far the best fit for him though IMO...

I think so too, and Houston is an upper middle market. They can spend more than small markets and they have a good team.

bluefire7002
06-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Lebron totally deserves the max contract. Taking less in 2010 was never asked of him he acted on his own accord, however we cannot ask him to do that again. Four years ago, Lebron and Wade were equivalent and Bosh just came off a 24/11 season, making all 3 true max level players. Today, Wade and Bosh are not on the same level as Lebron, so they are the ones who have to make the sacrificing, not all 3 of them. Because of people's perception, Wade is actually underrated now, as Wade had the 6th highest PER in basketball when Lebron was not on the court (26.1). Bosh is still a very high quality player and a perennial all star, but is not a true superstar. Lebron is the best player in basketball, a once in generation talent, and infinitely raises the value of your franchise. He is worth the max and more.

As it stands, Miami is sitting on $20 million cap holds on all 3 of them until they sign new contracts, as well as Cole's $2 million, Napier $1 million hold, Birdman's $900,000 hold, and a vet minimum hold on each roster spot unfilled. That basically means we do not have any money until they take less money. If Wade Bosh take $13 million starting salaries (as is being discussed), the cap would look something like

Wade-$13 million
Bosh-$13 million
Cole-$2 million
Birdman-$900,000

Total-About 52.5

Miami can go over the cap to sign Lebron, but his hold stays until he signs a new deal. If Lebron gets a max, his starting salary would be over $22 million, meaning Miami would save money by sitting on his hold and waiting to fill out the roster before signing him to max. If Wade/Bosh take less money, Miami would have more money but that does not seem likely. In this case, Miami will be able to go $2.7 million over the cap to bring in any of their previous role players (i.e.Allen, Haslem, Chalmers). The reality of that is Melo was a pipe dream for some (I never wanted him) and Lowry is a long shot. It would take most of that space to even get Deng. I believe Miami will distribute that between several players including Vince Carter, Pau Gasol, Emeka Okafor, and Trevor Ariza.

I still believe Miami will sign 3, possibly 4 guys who will contribute next season, but bringing several big time free agents seems unlikely.

No

apocalypse15
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM

Lmao at anybody that thinks he should take any less. No Lebron fan nor heat fan obviously but who has ever thought that in his 11 year career he wasn't once the highest paid player on his teams? Although if he stays it should be Miami all or nothing the rest of his career. If he jumps ship at any point he tarnishes his career even more. I wonder how many private deals are going on with the Miami heat. I've never heard of players sitting down together to discuss each other's salaries. I call bs to any heat fan that "truly" believes they are not doing something against the current nba rules. Somebody will come in and say this had happened before. If so it has never been this obvious.

TylerSL
06-30-2014, 07:19 PM
..You really think you can get those guys with 10.5m?

obviously not all 4, but I believe we get 2 of them for that. Guys will take less to play with Lebron. Gasol isnt gonna get 10+ million anymore, and Okafor is coming off an injury were he missed the whole season. Vince Carter may go ring chasing. Those guys are get-able at 10.5 million.

RaiderLakersA's
06-30-2014, 07:20 PM

And yet, this wouldn't be the first time that a sports athlete earned that kind of money. It's probably time to redefine what "worth" means. Clearly for those in the position to cut the checks, it's worth it.

championships
06-30-2014, 07:23 PM
Heat fans are nuts to think Lebron will take another pay cut.
That was a one time deal. The only reason he took that deal is because the pressure was too great to win a ring. He has that now and the so called "king" wants to be paid to the fullest for his next contract.

TylerSL
06-30-2014, 07:24 PM
No

had the 6th highest efficiency with Lebron on the bench this season. When he is healthy he is borderline top 10, he is still that good. The problem is, he is not healthy very often. Most people now just consider him washed up and act like he is more of a liability than an asset. Based on that most people underrate him, it is true.

Dade County
06-30-2014, 07:29 PM
had the 6th highest efficiency with Lebron on the bench this season. When he is healthy he is borderline top 10, he is still that good. The problem is, he is not healthy very often. Most people now just consider him washed up and act like he is more of a liability than an asset. Based on that most people underrate him, it is true.

Don't worry, Wade will have better stat numbers then most of the sg's next season.

Let the outsiders think what they want.

QueensG_718
06-30-2014, 07:34 PM
I think lebron is going back to Cleveland. He may want to finish what he started and clean up his legacy. Right now hes labeled as a ring chaser. Hes at the second half of his career and may want to carry a team with kyrie and Wiggins. In my opinion Its all about his legacy at this point in his career

LA_Raiders
06-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Looks like Bosh is a goner. Get him and Melo to LA.

Kobe, Melo, and Bosh that's a pretty decent team.

Jamiecballer
06-30-2014, 07:39 PM
The best fit for Lebron is with Melo in Phoenix.

thomass
06-30-2014, 07:45 PM
The best fit for lebron is with melo in atl

bluefire7002
06-30-2014, 07:50 PM

I don't think he is washed up at all. He is still a big name who can have a big game on any random night... Problem is he can't last all season long healthy, and still play at a high level throughout the playoffs. What you just said is what was being said last year... He didnt play 1/3rd of the season this past season and people thought he was going to be fresh for the playoffs... He had a few good games but didn't help enough for being considered a 2nd option/ top 2or3 SGs in the league.

He was also due to make 20+million next 2 seasons, and I really doubt he takes a 7-8 million pay cut.

Don't worry, Wade will have better stat numbers then most of the sg's next season.

Let the outsiders think what they want.

Aside from Harden who is the youngest, healthiest SG and maybe if Kobe remains healthy... Sure. Point is will he be healthy enough for the playoffs when his team needs him.

DR_1
06-30-2014, 08:02 PM

No, it's not true at all. Did you even watch him in the playoffs?

kblo247
06-30-2014, 08:08 PM
With Lowry off the market as steins reported Toronto is locking him up at the 12m per range, you got to wonder what Miami does. Do they simply pay Gortat?

I think Gortat should be the target, but Riley is a snake historically. I could see Bosh getting hosed and his money going to Gortat and Ariza both

Nikeman
06-30-2014, 08:09 PM
Can someone on this forum please answer this question:
So, I believe from reports that we have 55 million in cap space??

The cap is set at 62 million with luxury tax at 77 million?

Why can't Miami sign all the free agents we want, then using bird rights, re-sign one of the big 3?

Example..

Sign Bosh- 15 mill
Sign Wade 15 mill

We still have about 20-25 million in cap space.

Now, can we not sign Gortat and fillers for say 15 mill, and then using bird rights, go over cap and sign LeBron to his max? That puts us at 75 mill, Mickey Arison is happy as we are not over luxury tax, and the Big 3 get their needed help?

So yeah, why can't we sign the Big 3 LAST using bird rights to go over cap?

Method28
06-30-2014, 08:13 PM

As it stands, Miami is sitting on $20 million cap holds on all 3 of them until they sign new contracts, as well as Cole's $2 million, Napier $1 million hold, Birdman's $900,000 hold, and a vet minimum hold on each roster spot unfilled. That basically means we do not have any money until they take less money.

Wait so even though they are UFA they still have a cap hold on the Heat until they sign elsewhere? Wow. That is stupid.

What if the team had no interest in bringing back one or any of them and those players take awhile to find a new team? That could interfere with a teams chance to stay relevant if that cap space is with held.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Wait so even though they are UFA they still have a cap hold on the Heat until they sign elsewhere? Wow. That is stupid.

What if the team had no interest in bringing back one or any of them and those players take awhile to find a new team? That could interfere with a teams chance to stay relevant if that cap space is with held.

Renounce their bird rights like LA will do with Pau ... The catch is the exceptions though. LA will renounce Pau, for example, and then they will free up a max slot. They can stretch Nash to free another 6mil giving them 28mil in space. That means they will only retain the room exception once they use up their 28mil in space.

Miami may keep their bird rights just to use the mle but by doing so they inch closer to the tax and have to account for higher annual raises than a team like the lakers will if they sign Melo or retain Pau for around 7-8mil

FYL_McVeezy
06-30-2014, 08:22 PM

Tim's *** wasn't selfless when he took up a third of the cap in a tax free state while being one of the worst drawing superstars ever. He wasn't cutting discounts at all when he was making 20mil, averaging 13 pts, playing under 30 mins and getting his salad tossed by Marc and Zach as the 1 losing to the 8

The fabrication that Tim or Manu was selfless is bs, they fell off, and they never drew **** revenue or ratings wise to be deserving of eating big pie. Worst drawing finals of all time, not great road attendance, minutes management and all played in on this number he supposedly sacrificed for. If he drew for **** he would have been eating too like he always did

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Lmao at anybody that thinks he should take any less. No Lebron fan nor heat fan obviously but who has ever thought that in his 11 year career he wasn't once the highest paid player on his teams? Although if he stays it should be Miami all or nothing the rest of his career. If he jumps ship at any point he tarnishes his career even more. I wonder how many private deals are going on with the Miami heat. I've never heard of players sitting down together to discuss each other's salaries. I call bs to any heat fan that "truly" believes they are not doing something against the current nba rules. Somebody will come in and say this had happened before. If so it has never been this obvious.
I was kind of surprised to hear that he has never been the highest paid player on any team he has played for. In my opinion there is only one team he could leave Miami for and it wouldn't tarnish his image and that's back to Cleveland. If Cleveland were to sign even and average center and if Labron where to go back home Cleveland would be the favorites in the East. If he were to leave Miami for any other team besides Cleveland it would seriously hurt his image.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 08:25 PM
obviously not all 4, but I believe we get 2 of them for that. Guys will take less to play with Lebron. Gasol isnt gonna get 10+ million anymore, and Okafor is coming off an injury were he missed the whole season. Vince Carter may go ring chasing. Those guys are get-able at 10.5 million.
Vince is pretty much a lock to come back to the Mavs and I bet someone is definitely going to offer Pau $10 mil a year this off season.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 08:29 PM
I don't think he is washed up at all. He is still a big name who can have a big game on any random night... Problem is he can't last all season long healthy, and still play at a high level throughout the playoffs. What you just said is what was being said last year... He didnt play 1/3rd of the season this past season and people thought he was going to be fresh for the playoffs... He had a few good games but didn't help enough for being considered a 2nd option/ top 2or3 SGs in the league.

He was also due to make 20+million next 2 seasons, and I really doubt he takes a 7-8 million pay cut.

Aside from Harden who is the youngest, healthiest SG and maybe if Kobe remains healthy... Sure. Point is will he be healthy enough for the playoffs when his team needs him.
Wade won't have a choice but to take a huge pay cut. He's at the point in his career where he should start transitioning into a 6th man role. Unfortunately hell be out of the NBA before his ego will let him do that.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 08:31 PM
With Lowry off the market as steins reported Toronto is locking him up at the 12m per range, you got to wonder what Miami does. Do they simply pay Gortat?

I think Gortat should be the target, but Riley is a snake historically. I could see Bosh getting hosed and his money going to Gortat and Ariza both
I'm betting that Gortat stays with Washington. They've finally started to turn the corner and he's a big reason for that. They will over pay to keep him in Washington. And considering this will be his only big payday I don't see him agreeing to take less money just to play in Miami.

stambrose84
06-30-2014, 08:32 PM
lebron just made"Only" 30 mil
on his sale of Beats..poor guy..
he just going broke as we speak...

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 08:35 PM
That's why he needs a max deal! How else is he expected to feed his kids?

bluefire7002
06-30-2014, 08:36 PM

LMAO. I think its just mostly his ego. He's in his prime and the best player at the moment and he's making much less than an older Kobe is. Can't really blame him.

Greedy22
06-30-2014, 08:38 PM
No is isn't. He's went to the finals 4 times on that team and lost twice. If having him on your roster guaranteed a ring every year which no player does, then yes. But since it doesn't, he deserves the same max everyone else does.
So are you saying Kobe and countless others aren't worth the max as well?

force_within
06-30-2014, 08:39 PM

exactly my thought..lewis and arenas were paid big bucks..

stambrose84
06-30-2014, 08:40 PM

Wade-$13 million
Bosh-$13 million
Cole-$2 million
Birdman-$900,000

Total-About 52.5

but at 34 age for Pau 37 age for carter Okafor 31 and was hurt all last year.. Ariza....okay
the rest need wheelchairs.. no bench.... again

stambrose84
06-30-2014, 08:41 PM
That's why he needs a max deal! How else is he expected to feed his kids?
well played.. poor kids...

kblo247
06-30-2014, 08:44 PM

And wtf does that do with Miami and the nba compensating him what he's due? That's an outside project, he doesn't owe the league or heat a discount when he's grossly underpaid because of the salary cap

stambrose84
06-30-2014, 08:46 PM
LMAO. I think its just mostly his ego. He's in his prime and the best player at the moment and he's making much less than an older Kobe is. Can't really blame him.
well said sir!!
but how much is enough???.. and is it money? or rings???

kblo247
06-30-2014, 08:47 PM
He's not taking much less. Last year Kobe got a check for 24mil and they showed after taxes and before his agents cut it turned out to be 11.9 in Cali lol.

Guys like Kobe and Melo in NY know that taxes can be a ***** at the top, Bron doesn't. In fact look at Dwight, la offered more solely because of an extra year, but years 1-4 he makes more in Houston in terms if what he takes home because of taxes, same is true for Dirk and Tim who spent their whole career in texas

SPURSFAN1
06-30-2014, 08:47 PM

:laugh: How did i not catch that? So many things wrong with that on so many levels.

d00d
06-30-2014, 08:48 PM

“We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money.”

the eloquent Patrick Ewing.........

savvy1803
06-30-2014, 09:17 PM
I see nothing wrong with Lebron trying to maximize his earning potential , you only ever have one prime and he wants to get paid after making previous concessions , this will come as no shock to Riley and the Heat only now they may have to deal with it or lose him to another team .

It will be interesting to see if Riley can keep the current pieces intact let alone add more to the mix , the ball is now squarely in the Heat's court if this is in fact the truth and he is seeking a max deal .

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2014, 09:54 PM

Wade-$13 million
Bosh-$13 million
Cole-$2 million
Birdman-$900,000

Total-About 52.5

That's incorrect. You cannot sign anyone when there is a cap hold acting as real money. That $20 million dollar cap hold under Lebron wipes away any cap room. They would have to renounce their rights to Lebron or sign him to an actual deal to remove the cap hold. If they renounce his rights to have the cap room, they will no longer have his bird rights. So if he is going to get his max it will be at $22 million.

So...

Lebron- $22
Wade $13
Bosh$13
Cole $2
Napier $1
Haslem $ 2 (He is not under contract but I don't think he walked away from $4 million for his health. He wont be signing for the vet minimum.)
(I don't think Birdman is under contract so you have 6 empty roster spots to fill at $500,000 cap hold for each spot. That adds up to $3 million.

That totals 56 million. If the cap is $63 million that leaves the Heat $7 million of cap space. Once they get up to that $63 million threshold, they can only sign guys for the vet minimum. They may be allowed a "room exception" of 2.5 million since they will be under the cap but I'm not sure about that.

I think the hope for you guys would be for Wade and Bosh to play for $10 million each. I'm not sure what player can be had for $7 million that will be that much of a difference maker.

kdspurman
06-30-2014, 09:56 PM

:laugh2: kblo with the usual goods. Appreciate the "facts"

kblo247
06-30-2014, 10:16 PM
:laugh2: kblo with the usual goods. Appreciate the "facts"

I mean god damn Tim ate a third of the cap up most years until he really fell off and needed dnp olds all the time after Marc and Zach punked him

2007-08 San Antonio Spurs NBA $19,014,188
2008-09 San Antonio Spurs NBA $20,598,704
2009-10 San Antonio Spurs NBA $22,183,220
2010-11 San Antonio Spurs NBA $18,700,000
2011-12 San Antonio Spurs NBA $21,164,619

He was no saint, a star who wasn't a huge draw eating a third of the cap, in a tax free state. Do you not realize he averaged 13ppg in 2010-11? He played less than 30 mpg and was getting dnp olds? Fact is he never was a draw. He has some of the lowest drawing finals in history attached to his name. He never moved road tickets or jerseys or got them a great tv deal. He played his whole career in a tax free state.

Tim didn't miraculously sacrifice out the good of his heart, he just was playing like a role player and got paid like one because he never generate revenue to make them have to pay him other wise. Tim had no problem eating up the cap and restricting his teams chances for years all while not meaning nearly as much as Kobe or Bron to a bottom line

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 10:42 PM
I mean god damn Tim ate a third of the cap up most years until he really fell off and needed dnp olds all the time after Marc and Zach punked him

2007-08San Antonio SpursNBA$19,014,188
2008-09San Antonio SpursNBA$20,598,704
2009-10San Antonio SpursNBA$22,183,220
2010-11San Antonio SpursNBA$18,700,000
2011-12San Antonio SpursNBA$21,164,619

He was no saint, a star who wasn't a huge draw eating a third of the cap, in a tax free state. Do you not realize he averaged 13ppg in 2010-11? He played less than 30 mpg and was getting dnp olds? Fact is he never was a draw. He has some of the lowest drawing finals in history attached to his name. He never moved road tickets or jerseys or got them a great tv deal. He played his whole career in a tax free state.

Tim didn't miraculously sacrifice out the good of his heart, he just was playing like a role player and got paid like one because he never generate revenue to make them have to pay him other wise. Tim had no problem eating up the cap and restricting his teams chances for years all while not meaning nearly as much as Kobe or Bron to a bottom line
All I can say is that it worked. He got 5 rings in 15 years, 2 league MVP's, two finals MVP's, 10 time all NBA first team, rookie of the year. His game is below the rim and he may not be that exciting to watch but while you were watching guys like Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard, and Kevin Durant on tv Duncan was kicking the leagues ***!

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 10:43 PM
My mistake, 3 Finals MVP's

SPURSFAN1
06-30-2014, 10:44 PM

Duncan > Robin

kblo247
06-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Duncan > Robin

Who is Robin? Lol I'm going to ignore if you say Kobe since Kobe's teams have back door swept him, swept him by a margin of what 22 ppg, beat him in 5 with the youngest core of two decades, and actually defended their titles like actual dynasties and champs.

SPURSFAN1
06-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Who is Robin? Lol I'm going to ignore if you say Kobe since Kobe's teams have back door swept him, swept him by a margin of what 22 ppg, beat him in 5 with the youngest core of two decades, and actually defended their titles like actual dynasties and champs.

Why did you assume Kobe? pffftt hahahaahaha
:laugh:

TylerSL
06-30-2014, 10:59 PM
No, it's not true at all. Did you even watch him in the playoffs?

You're referring to a time when Wade was not healthy. Again, you're acting like Wade is useless and is just a burden. And in doing that you are underrating him because he still is good, just rarely healthy. If he was as bad as you act, his PER would be like 8.0, not 22.0 as it was last season (and it was 26.1 when Lebron was on the bench).

TylerSL
06-30-2014, 11:02 PM

Miami only has holds on them because they have their Bird rights. Miami could formally relinquish their rights, getting rid of the said cap hold. However, if Miami gave away their rights to them I'm pretty sure they would not be able to add a 5th year and would not be allowed to go over the cap to re-sign.

It is set up this way so teams can't have 40+ million in cap to bring in new players and just go over the cap to retain their own players. It's fair, but makes it tough on teams who want several really good players such as Miami..

Aust
06-30-2014, 11:04 PM

Not 10+, but I could definitely see Pau getting 10m. I could see Ariza for something decent and Vince Carter for pennies fitting in under that 10.5 range.

3ballbomber
06-30-2014, 11:53 PM
lol, get rid of Wade from the Miami Heat & the team will decline. Many don't seem to realize Wade's presence is more powerful than what people believe. Spite of what you all think of Wade he has been the face of this franchise since 2003. Carrying the team for years, even through injuries. You may think Lebron is the leader of the Heat but Wade is the heart & soul in wich this team runs on. Take away Wade's presence & it will be the Miami Cavaliers. For any of those that were Heat fans prior to Lebron's signing Wade was a great leader, he lead through his game and not through words. Everybody followed suit.

So i find it quite funny now that Lebron is looking for the max while Wade continues to take even lower pay cuts. Again, Lebron still does not learn that this is a 'Team' thing to the end and if you lead by example everybody else sees your sacrifice & will be motivated by the unselfishness and team orientated approach. This goes a long way in regards to setting an example, letting others know theirs no star or ego in ones motivation to play and sacrificing for the team is the number one focus.

Good luck to Riley and the rest of his team mates. I think ultimately this move by Lebron will not bode well moving forward for this team & the future of the Big 3. I think this changes more things than people realize - soon we'll see.

TylerSL
07-01-2014, 12:04 AM
lol, get rid of Wade from the Miami Heat & the team will decline. Many don't seem to realize Wade's presence is more powerful than what people believe. Spite of what you all think of Wade he has been the face of this franchise since 2003. Carrying the team for years, even through injuries. You may think Lebron is the leader of the Heat but Wade is the heart & soul in wich this team runs on. Take away Wade's presence & it will be the Miami Cavaliers. For any of those that were Heat fans prior to Lebron's signing Wade was a great leader, he lead through his game and not through words. Everybody followed suit.

So i find it quite funny now that Lebron is looking for the max while Wade continues to take even lower pay cuts. Again, Lebron still does not learn that this is a 'Team' thing to the end and if you lead by example everybody else sees your sacrifice & will be motivated by the unselfishness and team orientated approach. This goes a long way in regards to setting an example, letting others know theirs no star or ego in ones motivation to play and sacrificing for the team is the number one focus.

Good luck to Riley and the rest of his team mates. I think ultimately this move by Lebron will not bode well moving forward for this team & the future of the Big 3. I think this changes more things than people realize - soon we'll see.

excellent post

But Lebron has done so much for Miami over the last 4 years he does deserve a max. He has been in the league for 11 years and has never been the single highest paid player on his team when he has clearly been the best player on every team he has ever been on except his rookie year, and his first season in Miami, so he as already sacrificed. While a max would put Miami in a tougher spot, he is more than entitled to it.

utl768
07-01-2014, 12:10 AM
i dont see it

i think lebron takes around 18 million, bosh gets around 14 million, and wade takes 12 million

gives riley 20 million to play with in cap room and allows him to really retool the team

raiderposting
07-01-2014, 12:12 AM
i dont see it

i think lebron takes around 18 million, bosh gets around 14 million, and wade takes 12 million

gives riley 20 million to play with in cap room and allows him to really retool the team

Correct me if I'm wrong but they have 55 million in space. Those contracts leave them with 11 million in space

Max.This
07-01-2014, 12:15 AM
i dont see it

bosh was supposed to make 20+ mil and you expect him to take a 8 mil paycut. Thats around a 40% paycut. If your boss asked you to take a 5% paycut you'd be *****in yet alone 40... do u think this guy sleeps on stacks of money.

utl768
07-01-2014, 12:17 AM
bosh was supposed to make 20+ mil and you expect him to take a 8 mil paycut. Thats around a 40% paycut. If your boss asked you to take a 5% paycut you'd be *****in yet alone 40... do u think this guy sleeps on stacks of money.

he has made 123 million in his career and is set to sign another contract approaching 100 million so to answer your question yes he does sleep on stacks of money lol

ATX
07-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but they have 55 million in space. Those contracts leave them with 11 million in space

You are right, but util768 was going on the hypothetical that James took only an 18M starting salary, while also guessing at Wade and Bosh deals. Those deals would still leave less than 20M cap space though.

utl768
07-01-2014, 12:20 AM

ur right i forgot to factor in nappier and cole but still the heat will have around 60 million to spend and more if they trade cole

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-01-2014, 12:27 AM
i dont see it

If the report is true, Lebron wont be making 18 million. And here is your real salary outlook for this summer. I Don't know where you get $20 million in cap space.

Lebron- $22
Wade $13?
Bosh$13?
Cole $2
Napier $1
Haslem $ 2 (He is not under contract but I don't think he walked away from $4 million for his health. He wont be signing for the vet minimum.)
(I don't think Birdman is under contract so you have 6 empty roster spots to fill at $500,000 cap hold for each spot. That adds up to $3 million.

That totals 56 million. If the cap is $63 million that leaves the Heat less than $7 million of cap space. Once they get up to that $63 million threshold, they can only sign guys for the vet minimum. They may be allowed a "room exception" of 2.5 million since they will be under the cap but I'm not sure about that.

For that $7 million in space, they will either have to sign one player for their mid level exception of about $5 million, and one player for their bi-annual exception of 2.1. Or they could renounce their exceptions and use the $7 million on one player. But after that, they will have to fill out the 5 roster spots with vet minimum guys.

Teeboy1487
07-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Lebron is worth the bank and more. He no question should have the highest salary of all NBA players.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 12:59 AM
And yet, this wouldn't be the first time that a sports athlete earned that kind of money. It's probably time to redefine what "worth" means. Clearly for those in the position to cut the checks, it's worth it.

We're not in the land of make believe. Money being thrown around like this is a sin. These guys aren't curing cancer or saving lives, they're playing a game. In that perspective an athlete getting paid 22.2 million is ridiculous. Nobody in the real world with the exception of billionaire owners can throw around 22 million like it's confetti. The average Joe fan who works hard for a living and goes through the daily grind doesn't want to hear the Latrell Sprewell athletes who can't live off 12 million or some ridiculous number because they have kids to feed. Two things I'd like to have asked Sprewell; where are you grocery shopping and how much do those kids eat on a daily basis?

Quinnsanity
07-01-2014, 01:08 AM
We're not in the land of make believe. Money being thrown around like this is a sin. These guys aren't curing cancer or saving lives, they're playing a game. In that perspective an athlete getting paid 22.2 million is ridiculous. Nobody in the real world with the exception of billionaire owners can throw around 22 million like it's confetti. The average Joe fan who works hard for a living and goes through the daily grind doesn't want to hear the Latrell Sprewell athletes who can't live off 12 million or some ridiculous number because they have kids to feed. Two things I'd like to have asked Sprewell; where are you grocery shopping and how much do those kids eat on a daily basis?

You're worth what the market says you're worth. They're playing a game, yes, but that game happens to be watched by millions of people. Millions of eyeballs equals billions of dollars. I always hate the "they're athletes, they don't deserve to make millions of dollars" argument because it ignores simple economics. These people do something that entertains millions of people. They deserve to be compensated accordingly. After all, the revenue is going to come in either way. If it's not going to the athletes then it's going to the owners, it's not like scaling back athlete salaries by 99% would somehow increase the amount of money available to the working class. It'd just go in the owners' pockets. Would you rather the NBA just not generate revenue? Good luck convincing the teams and players to stick around for that kind of league. These guys play a game that happens to generate billions of dollars, and as they are the ones generating that money they deserve their fair cut of it. It's supply and demand. There is a very limited supply of athletes capable of doing what NBA players do, therefore demand is going to be very high.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 01:11 AM

Then they can't complain when the GM's can't fill out the roster with championship caliber players. They need to **** or get off the pot. Do you want to win or get paid for your past service? I can see LeBron wanting a max deal because he did everything for the Heat last year but clean the locker room's toilets. There is no way even the great Kobe Bryant at almost 36 should be getting paid than LeBron in his prime. If Wade gets even offered 12 million he should be down praying at the shrine of Riley. If Wade was Flash then I'd give him what he's requesting but his body isn't going to hold up for 82 games which means he may have to sit 32 or more games which means everybody else, mainly LeBron has to pick up the slack and even then when the playoffs came around he was MIA in most games and I ain't referring to Miami.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 01:21 AM
You're worth what the market says you're worth. They're playing a game, yes, but that game happens to be watched by millions of people. Millions of eyeballs equals billions of dollars. I always hate the "they're athletes, they don't deserve to make millions of dollars" argument because it ignores simple economics. These people do something that entertains millions of people. They deserve to be compensated accordingly. After all, the revenue is going to come in either way. If it's not going to the athletes then it's going to the owners, it's not like scaling back athlete salaries by 99% would somehow increase the amount of money available to the working class. It'd just go in the owners' pockets. Would you rather the NBA just not generate revenue? Good luck convincing the teams and players to stick around for that kind of league. These guys play a game that happens to generate billions of dollars, and as they are the ones generating that money they deserve their fair cut of it. It's supply and demand. There is a very limited supply of athletes capable of doing what NBA players do, therefore demand is going to be very high.

And the salaries are given by these billionaires who when the salaries get out of control want a hard cap? Well somebody is paying these guys these absurd deals and setting the market. Some billionaire who lost his mind decided to over pay for average talent so when the elite became free agents they want a considerable amount more which sets contracts at 20+ million a year. The Nets overpaying for a gimpy out of shape Williams is what throws the market out of whack. A'mare with gimpy knees getting 20 million a year because the Knicks were desperate for anybody to go there. Not having the foresight to wait and trade for Melo down the road doesn't occur and now they have one albatross contract after another till 2015. It's amazing how some of these owners are billionaires the way they just throw money at the wrong talent out of desperation. Even Reinsdorf who is as acheap an owner as it gets had to bite the bullet and overpay for Boozer in 2010 because the Miami victory parade went right on by Chicago.

Sssmush
07-01-2014, 06:46 AM

yep

Sssmush
07-01-2014, 06:47 AM

yep

Sssmush
07-01-2014, 06:49 AM

well hopefully they got an under the table deal of some kind, for instance they may sign him to 5 year deal for $40M, so $8M a year, and they can stretch provision him or he can retire with pay or whatever and make the same amount

Sssmush
07-01-2014, 06:57 AM
i dont see it

Jeez, when will people understand that Bosh is gonna want a max deal too? Bosh will likely be offered max dollars in Dallas right away, and then how can you expect him to sign for $14M ? And it's ridiculous to think of Lebron signing for less than $22M.

Lebron is worth about $100M in real dollars, so the new CBA has put him in an awkward position, because the owner(s) are practically asking him to play for free compared to his actual value. Like, uh, "hey Mark Cuban, yeah we know the stock options for the company you built up are worth $2 billion dollars, but the corporate owners have a salary cap so the max we can pay you is $14 million. Ok, thanks very much."

What a laugh. Ballmer is offering $2 billion ( TWO BILLION ) to buy the Clippers and, uh, how much of that value comes directly from Lebron?

Here is my proposal: the team that holds a player's Bird rights is entitled to offer an up to 5% ownership stake in the franchise if it wants to, over and above the salary cap.

You're welcome.

Sssmush
07-01-2014, 06:59 AM
Oh, and uh, if he really is intent on signing a max deal, then he very well could pair up with Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles, because *why not*?

Bosh likely walks for a max deal elsewhere (again, LoL at everybody assuming from blog speculation that Bosh will take an even deeper pay cut ) and Wade, while still extremely good, just isn't an MVP / All NBA type of caliber right now.

so it's wide open if I'm reading this correctly.

torocan
07-01-2014, 07:12 AM

Bad comparison. Different era.

-There were no "big 3" teams when Duncan signed his contract. Just big 2's.
-Duncan was on a 6 year contract when he signed his max under the old CBA
-The luxury taxes weren't nearly as punitive and teams were very willing to go WAY over the cap
-Duncan already had 3 championships and won ANOTHER championship while under that contract

When Duncan's contract came up for renewal the NBA had changed. It was a new CBA, the luxury taxes were MUCH worse, and Boston and Miami had changed the landscape with Big 3's.

Duncan adjusted to the new era by taking 50% of his previous salary. He could easily have gotten $20M again after having earned 4 rings on the Spurs. He chose to instead position himself and the team to win another ring.

As for Lebron seeking another Max, I think the message he's sending to Arison is that he won't tolerate using the Luxury Tax as an excuse for not giving him the support he needs.

The Heat let Miller walk. They didn't use the MLE. And the end result was Lebron didn't have sufficient support to even be competitive.

The Nets lost $144M and they still suck.

I'm sure Lebron looks at that and says to himself, "We're 2 time champions and you wouldn't even re-sign Mike Miller and get someone with the MLE? And now you want me to take a pay cut? Forget that...."

thenaj17
07-01-2014, 09:53 AM

Yes...yes they do!

kdspurman
07-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Bad comparison. Different era.

-There were no "big 3" teams when Duncan signed his contract. Just big 2's.
-Duncan was on a 6 year contract when he signed his max under the old CBA
-The luxury taxes weren't nearly as punitive and teams were very willing to go WAY over the cap
-Duncan already had 3 championships and won ANOTHER championship while under that contract

When Duncan's contract came up for renewal the NBA had changed. It was a new CBA, the luxury taxes were MUCH worse, and Boston and Miami had changed the landscape with Big 3's.

Duncan adjusted to the new era by taking 50% of his previous salary. He could easily have gotten $20M again after having earned 4 rings on the Spurs. He chose to instead position himself and the team to win another ring.

As for Lebron seeking another Max, I think the message he's sending to Arison is that he won't tolerate using the Luxury Tax as an excuse for not giving him the support he needs.

The Heat let Miller walk. They didn't use the MLE. And the end result was Lebron didn't have sufficient support to even be competitive.

The Nets lost $144M and they still suck.

I'm sure Lebron looks at that and says to himself, "We're 2 time champions and you wouldn't even re-sign Mike Miller and get someone with the MLE? And now you want me to take a pay cut? Forget that...."

Thanks for clarifying for him, I wasn't able to last night. Always appreciate accurate facts.

And I agree with your assessment on Lebron. That was probably a bad move by Arison in hindsight, especially with a team that had just won back to back titles. And Miller was a good locker room guy from what I've heard. Can't say I necessarily blame him

rhd420
07-01-2014, 01:17 PM

KOBE still took it ... don't put this on just the Buss family or the Lakers organization and some reports are saying that was the starting price. The fact that he still took it and knew his limitations and what they meant to the organization ... much like LeBron, they know the free agent pool will be limited, but unlike LeBron, Kobe has never attracted free agents - more so detracted

Chavacano
07-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Possibly the last big contract for LeBron so...