PDA

View Full Version : Conference Runner Ups... Lets talk Okc & the Pacers

Dade County
06-29-2014, 11:57 PM
The free agency period is about to start & these two teams fell short to advance into the Final's. How can they realistically get better, what moves can they make starting july 1st, who should they target?

Pacers:

Should they trade Roy Hibbert?

Sign Lance Stephenson?

Target a more dynamic pg over george Hill?

Part ways with West?

Try to trade for a star player that shines brighter then Paul George (Heres looking at you K Love).

OKC:

The duo of KD & West... What moves can benefit them both?

Do they need to target a Jamal Crawford type of player, to give them that spark off the bench.

Adapt a new offensive system.

kobe4thewinbang
06-30-2014, 12:20 AM
OKC has some nice young pieces (Adams, Lamb, Jackson) but Westbrook either needs to learn how to be a team player or be traded. He looks so dominant at times, but then he jacks up a 45ft shot with the season on the line. Durant needs to learn how to handle the ball better and get a better post game. He was invisible for most of the playoffs. They definitely need a better bench. Fisher's gone, so they need shooters, defenders, the whole 9. I think they should trade Westbrook and rebuild for a year. It's just never going to work.

Pacers have potential. Paul George is inconsistent, Hibbert is mentally weak, Stephenson is the new Stephen Jackson, and George Hill is no Rondo/CP3. They need to make a lot of moves. I say they need a better coach. How could Vogel not right the ship? It went on for so long and was quite embarrassing. They just fell apart. Whoever started the locker room issues needs to go. But they should definitely keep West. If not for him, they would've lost to Atlanta.

OKC has a better team right now, but it could get ugly there just like with the Pacers. There's plenty of free agents this summer, so both teams need to get on with it.

PacersForLife
06-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Pacers:

Should they trade Roy Hibbert? Doubt we could get anything decent for him.

Sign Lance Stephenson? I think there's a pretty good chance he is back next year.

Target a more dynamic pg over george Hill? I would like to, but I don't see us getting anyone like Rondo.

Part ways with West? Not gonna happen, would be very surprised if it did happen.

Try to trade for a star player that shines brighter then Paul George (Heres looking at you K Love).
Again, we don't really have too many assets, especially if we are going after an All-Star type of player. Kevin Love doesn't seem to be too fond of the Pacers anyways.

Larry Bird said he wants to give this core another shot and I don't really know how to feel about that. If Lance does somehow end up leaving, then I could maybe see a core piece end up being moved or something.

Dade County
06-30-2014, 12:44 AM
OKC has some nice young pieces (Adams, Lamb, Jackson) but Westbrook either needs to learn how to be a team player or be traded. He looks so dominant at times, but then he jacks up a 45ft shot with the season on the line. Durant needs to learn how to handle the ball better and get a better post game. He was invisible for most of the playoffs. They definitely need a better bench. Fisher's gone, so they need shooters, defenders, the whole 9. I think they should trade Westbrook and rebuild for a year. It's just never going to work.

Pacers have potential. Paul George is inconsistent, Hibbert is mentally weak, Stephenson is the new Stephen Jackson, and George Hill is no Rondo/CP3. They need to make a lot of moves. I say they need a better coach. How could Vogel not right the ship? It went on for so long and was quite embarrassing. They just fell apart. Whoever started the locker room issues needs to go. But they should definitely keep West. If not for him, they would've lost to Atlanta.

OKC has a better team right now, but it could get ugly there just like with the Pacers. There's plenty of free agents this summer, so both teams need to get on with it.

I don't think they should trade WestBrook, but other then that nice post.

Pacers:
I've been thinking the Pacers should change the makeup of their team. Like try to acquire Brook lopez, see if they can make a bid for Parson's and get a sharp shooter at the pg position; because if they try to focus on getting an all star pg, they will lose to many assets.

Sharp shooter
Paul George/Parsons
Parsons/PG
West (& try to trade for Ryan Anderson or a stretch for like him)
Brook Lopez

I would say trade West, but h is the heart of the team.

jerellh528
06-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Okc will be nba champs next yr. calling it now lol.

bucketss
06-30-2014, 12:47 AM
i think pacers should try to figure what caused the disunity of the team, was it lance? if so id do a sign and trade tbh,

blastmasta26
06-30-2014, 01:08 AM
The Pacers don't have enough flexibility to improve their roster so re-signing Lance and giving it another go is really their best option at this point.

As for OKC, they need to develop their bench. Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb, and Steven Adams are good, young role players that need consistent minutes in order to develop properly and perform well. Assuming Thabo is gone and they don't want to rely too much on their rookies, they just need to add an inexpensive vet shooter perhaps.

FlashBolt
06-30-2014, 01:48 AM
OKC won't win. Hard for me to say it but we need to trade WB and get someone who is pass first and can also shoot/score efficiently. Westbrook is just too alpha for this team and while KD has to take some blame for letting him be the alpha, I just don't see how they can win together on the highest level. I'd like to see a Irving/Thompson for Westbrook, Rubio/Pek for Westbrook (Great for both teams considering Westbrook and Love have a great relationship and that might be the piece they need to make it deep in the playoffs), maybe they can get Rondo involved as well? Not sure what OKC will do since WB has the green light from his teammates and management but they'll never win like this.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 09:36 AM
I think the only thing OKC really needs is a new coach. They need a guy that is better at drawing up plays after a timeout and at the end up games, and a guy that's better at making halftime adjustments. Having a guy like Jamal Crawford coming off their bench would help too. They also need better play from the center position but cap wise they are not in a position to upgrade that position.

IndyRealist
06-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Pacers are counting on improvement from young players. We have zero ability to improve our bench, at this point. No tradeable assets except for Paul George, and any wiggle room below the tax line is going toward Lance.

IversonIsKrazy
06-30-2014, 07:28 PM
Pacers are honestly unpredictable lol. AS for OKC, amnesty Perkins for ****s sake. Develop Adams, Lamb and Jones. In terms of adding, add a post player who can score, i.e. Gasol or Gortat. That team would be good enough to win imo.

Westy/Jackson
Lamb/Jackson/Sefolosha
Durrant/Jones
FA/Collison
Ibaka/Adams

blystr2002
06-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Gasol has meetings set up with Okc, Bulls, and Warriors. I put Okc even with the Spurs in the west if they pull that.