PDA

View Full Version : Where is Melo going to end up?

cutiepie80
06-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Does he re-up with NY, go to Chicago, join Dirk, join D12 and Harden, join Kobe, or go the Heat?

goingfor28
06-29-2014, 11:30 PM
Bulls

Jint.
06-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Jazz

GiantsSwaGG
06-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Houston

Chi StateOfMind
06-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Ny.

Cruey
06-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Chicago bruh

Mr.B
06-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Lakers

DarkKnight
06-29-2014, 11:50 PM
Knicks

DarkKnight
06-29-2014, 11:51 PM
Jazz

maybe the Pelicans ?

Quinnsanity
06-29-2014, 11:54 PM
maybe the Pelicans ?

If he were smart that's where he'd force a trade to. I'd advise anyone to get on the Anthony Davis bandwagon as soon as possible.

Kashmir13579
06-29-2014, 11:55 PM
Knicks or Lakers, obviously. Do Clippers have any maneuverability, here? Melo isn't going to surprise anyone with his decision.

brandt
06-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Rockets

brandt
06-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Knicks or Lakers, obviously. Do Clippers have any maneuverability, here? Melo isn't going to surprise anyone with his decision.

I think he wants to win a championship now though, and that won't happen right away with the Lakers or Knicks.

RB#20
06-30-2014, 12:08 AM
Takes his talents to South Beach. As in very down south beach - Brazil.

Real answer = Mavericks who also trade for Rajon Rondo.

Dade County
06-30-2014, 12:08 AM
I know the league is trying to think of ways on how to have Melo & Love on the same team.

like in Boston or New York.

ThuglifeJ
06-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Wherever he signs.

DamnGoat
06-30-2014, 12:16 AM
I think he goes back to NY.

Kashmir13579
06-30-2014, 12:17 AM
Chicago bruhI personally don't think Melo has the mental make-up to play for Thibbs... And I cant understand why an infamously prideful, hard-nosed culture like da bulls (and their fanbase, it seems) would collectively swoon over the prospect of shelling- out buku cap space and assets for a known softy like Carmelo.

This is what would happen. Carmelo would not take a significant pay-cut. There would be a sign and trade. Jimmy Butler will become a Knick, and thanks for those 3 draft picks.

Aust
06-30-2014, 12:18 AM
Back to NY. He aint comin to LA.

Kashmir13579
06-30-2014, 12:20 AM
Jazz lol

east fb knicks
06-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Brooklyn nets j kidd is going to recruit him domefavors told me:D

kobe4thewinbang
06-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Bulls.

If he signs back with Knicks, then what was the point? I hate attention whores.

If he signs with Rockets, it'll be "Big 3" all over again. Pretty lame.

cutiepie80
06-30-2014, 12:32 AM
Bulls make absolute all the sense in the world. I just sense he won't leave NY after all he did to get there. I also feel he never wins a championship by that decision.

east fb knicks
06-30-2014, 12:47 AM
I hope all you people who are saying the bulls realize they don't have any cap for melo outright even if they amnesty boozer they only free up 10 mill because of their draft night trade

MrfadeawayJB
06-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Bulls

DarkKnight
06-30-2014, 12:58 AM
If Melo is a " attention whore" , which I don't disagree with. Most NBA players are that. Than What's Kobe ?

Kashmir13579
06-30-2014, 12:59 AM
If Melo is a " attention whore" , which I don't disagree with. Whats Kobe ? Kobe is Kobe.

cutiepie80
06-30-2014, 01:01 AM
I hope all you people who are saying the bulls realize they don't have any cap for melo outright even if they amnesty boozer they only free up 10 mill because of their draft night trade

Also by getting rid of Gibson's/MJD's contracts, they can give him a lot of money. Going to be up to him if he wants to lose them.

I want to let you and other Knicks fans know, he is wasting his career there. He is 30 years old and I highly doubt they will be able to compete in his prime, even with Phil running the show.

But like I said, Melo loves money, I see him getting the max that he can make and you guys fortunately can make that happen.

DarkKnight
06-30-2014, 01:01 AM
Kobe is Kobe.

he's a bit of a diva also

cutiepie80
06-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Kobe is the closest to Jordan that we will see. I loathe him, but he was a great player and didn't beg for free agents to pair up with. Nothing close to what Lebron did.

Lebron will never be considered as a top 5 player when it's all done with.

raiderposting
06-30-2014, 01:04 AM
If Melo is a " attention whore" , which I don't disagree with. Most NBA players are that. Than What's Kobe ?

A free seagull

FlashBolt
06-30-2014, 01:40 AM
Sorry to Chicago fans but Rose screwed you guys with his injury. He's getting paid $20 million and no one even knows what condition he's coming back in. Hope he gets well since we could use a Rose vs Westbrook comparison but things don't look good for him. Two blown knees one after another is no coincidence.

RLundi
06-30-2014, 01:54 AM
Kobe is the closest to Jordan that we will see. I loathe him, but he was a great player and didn't beg for free agents to pair up with. Nothing close to what Lebron did.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, get over it. He will be a top 5 player when he retires and he certainly will be better than Kobe. I'm not a Bron fan nor a Kobe basher but you need to stop being so egregiously shortsighted and give the man the credit he deserves.

It's not 2011 anymore. Move on already.

ThuglifeJ
06-30-2014, 02:04 AM
Kobe is Kobe.

he's a bit of a diva also

Kobe a diva? Hah. He may complain and get pissy/bossy but he's far from that at this day and age. He's as hard nosed as they come and I dont see him posting any **** on twitter all day.. Only time I see him come out and do stuff was like when he jumped over that moving car video. He's just strictly basketball from what I see..he seems obsessed with it possibly more than anyone I've ever seen. He tends to crave attention at the staples center I guess but he's earned it and still carries himself pretty business like so nah divas are saved for lebron Dwight and those guys

BklynKnicks3
06-30-2014, 02:07 AM
Lebrun can never be Kobe

ThuglifeJ
06-30-2014, 02:07 AM

Well obviously. Unless he ends up having a back end to his career similar to now.. But I don't see that with his athleticism dependence.

cutiepie80
06-30-2014, 02:18 AM
LMAO get over it already?

The guy is 2-3 in the finals, 2-3.

That's a losing record. He moved to a team in which he tried to prep a for sure winner. LMAO. Get over it already? People need to stop comparing him to Kobe or MJ, or even Bird and Magic. Guy's legacy is gone. 2-3.

FlashBolt
06-30-2014, 02:26 AM

That's a losing record. He moved to a team in which he tried to prep a for sure winner. LMAO. Get over it already? People need to stop comparing him to Kobe or MJ, or even Bird and Magic. Guy's legacy is gone. 2-3.

Magic Johnson was 3-2 at one point and 5-9 in the Finals.. His legacy is done? Lol, get over yourself. You're not making any sense right now. Kobe/MJ never took their team to the finals without talent. James did and it's not fair to blame him for their 2007 lost to the Spurs. Spurs dominated that season and with Bowen, they were just too much for any one man team to handle.

cutiepie80
06-30-2014, 02:34 AM
Magic Johnson was 3-2 at one point and 5-9 in the Finals.. His legacy is done? Lol, get over yourself. You're not making any sense right now. Kobe/MJ never took their team to the finals without talent. James did and it's not fair to blame him for their 2007 lost to the Spurs. Spurs dominated that season and with Bowen, they were just too much for any one man team to handle.
Get over myself? Why do I need to get over myself first and foremost? Lebron James said "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7. I didn't put the words in his mouth. Jordan NEVER asked for help. Look as the money he made pal. He worked with a ton a role workers. Never asked for a superstar and if Rodman was a superstar, that's news to me. Not his fault that he helped Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant reach their full potential. Both were not as good without him.

You are seriously bringing up Bruce Bowen as a reason Lebron lost? Oh my Lord.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 03:31 AM

Craziest thing to think about, this is the first summer of his career where they have had cap space since he was a rookie. Think that over for a second lol, its weird.

I think he will recruit Melo, largely because well he loves Melo more so than Bron or Diwght or Paul and has never hid that Melo is his favorite player in the league on a different team.

I just can't see Melo going to Chicago because their owner is cheap as ****. He didn't want to pay for Jordan and Pippen to keep going ffs. The fact is Chicago wouldn't pay the tax to keep them relavant as he would want. The Knicks are known for spending, now it's not always spending right, but they ****ing spend. The lakers as I said haven't had cap space in 18 years and have still made 5 title and 7 finals teams. I think its one or the other, but I do think LA will look to sell Melo on the fact he can have Kobe, Pau, Randle and something else at PG by them pawning off Nash via stretch or to a team who needs to hit the cap floor.

I'm saying LA just because I think not only Kobe is going to push for him to come, but because I truly know for a fact if there's one thing Jim loves to do it is **** with Phil

cutiepie80
06-30-2014, 03:39 AM
for god's sake.

lakers have no team.

knicks have no team.

cutiepie80
06-30-2014, 03:42 AM
the knicks are the most overrated sports team in all of sports. they haven't accomplished a thing in 30 years.

Blitzace137
06-30-2014, 04:02 AM
the knicks are the most overrated sports team in all of sports. they haven't accomplished a thing in 30 years.

Overrated how exactly?

kblo247
06-30-2014, 04:04 AM
for god's sake.

lakers have no team.

knicks have no team.

And the bulls after amnestying Boozer, trading Taj or Dunleavy and pieces, and banking on Rose who has missed two years have a team?

Melo could at least stay where he's at and make all his money by biding his time for a year in ny with Amare, Bargs, Calderon, Shump, THJ, and JR.

He could at least go to. LA and join Kobe, Randle, one of Lowry/Pau/Gortat, a room exception signing, Farmar, Young, Kelly, Sacre, and Bazemore and make 19-20mil per year in a place he has a house already and his wife will get tons of work.

Ijs I don't think there are other strong options. The bulls are too cheap. The rockets have a fake leader who literally carries around boxscores and wannabe superstar who disappears when he's needed in the playoffs. And no self respecting free agent goes to Dallas ever

Silent
06-30-2014, 04:33 AM
Ny

east fb knicks
06-30-2014, 05:51 AM
Also by getting rid of Gibson's/MJD's contracts, they can give him a lot of money. Going to be up to him if he wants to lose them.

I want to let you and other Knicks fans know, he is wasting his career there. He is 30 years old and I highly doubt they will be able to compete in his prime, even with Phil running the show.

But like I said, Melo loves money, I see him getting the max that he can make and you guys fortunately can make that happen.

lmao well buddy if it was so easy to move taj you guys would have already done it the only way he goes to the bulls is a sign and trade which phil won't do so imo I think melo is trolling chicago:laugh2:

Procision
06-30-2014, 06:45 AM

Bulls cap with the pick is about 72 mil, a little less.

1st they have 3 un-guaranteed contracts which cost up to 4,069,062 they can cut.
2nd they amnesty Boozer and get his 16.8 mil off the books, now they are at about 51 mil, about 12 under the projected 63 cap.
3rd trade players like Dunleavy 3.5, Snell 1.5, Randolph 1.5, Smith 1 mil. Just those moves put them extremely close to the max and they have the option of moving Gibson if melo won't take a very slight paycut to keep gibson.

smiddy012
06-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Bulls cap with the pick is about 72 mil, a little less.

1st they have 3 un-guaranteed contracts which cost up to 4,069,062 they can cut.
2nd they amnesty Boozer and get his 16.8 mil off the books, now they are at about 51 mil, about 12 under the projected 63 cap.
3rd trade players like Dunleavy 3.5, Snell 1.5, Randolph 1.5, Smith 1 mil. Just those moves put them extremely close to the max and they have the option of moving Gibson if melo won't take a very slight paycut to keep gibson.

Where are you getting 72 from specifically?

Procision
06-30-2014, 07:10 AM
Where are you getting 72 from specifically?

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/chicago-bulls/cap/

mudvayne387
06-30-2014, 07:44 AM

Overrated ? Lol , I think you need to thumb through a dictionary sometime. Now you are in defense mode because you are starting to realize everything that comes out of your mouth is non sense.

Jint.
06-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Wherever he signs.

I concur

cheetos185
06-30-2014, 08:03 AM
He will be back with Knicks @5/110.

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Don't care where he goes. Just want to see him get a ring.

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Of course i would rather see him win in NY but those chances are slim right now lol

Thumper 88
06-30-2014, 08:33 AM
He will have the best chance to win with the Mavs

beasted86
06-30-2014, 08:46 AM

When did LeBron recruit anyone? Ray Allen?

Jint.
06-30-2014, 08:47 AM

Eddy Curry

D-Leethal
06-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Right where he is right now.

NYJ - NYY
06-30-2014, 09:37 AM
I hope if melo doesn't stay in NY he wins a ring ASAP! Co-favorite player ever ... Loved homie since cuse.... But of course I hope he stays and brings the championship home to NY and forever be idolized in my and our great city!

BklynKnicks3
06-30-2014, 10:04 AM
I thought d rose didnt recruit "Kirk is someone I could see playing alongside a long time," Rose said on Monday. "When you're a hooper and you know someone on the court is going into a battle with you, and he's not giving up if he knows you are going to keep battling, and I'm someone that will keep fighting to the end, and he's the same as you. So why not have him on the team? Kirk is the first person I recruited." ?

FYL_McVeezy
06-30-2014, 10:11 AM
Bucks with JKidd

InRoseWeTrust
06-30-2014, 10:21 AM
I've felt since Day 1 he re-ups with NYK.

InRoseWeTrust
06-30-2014, 10:22 AM
lmao well buddy if it was so easy to move taj you guys would have already done it the only way he goes to the bulls is a sign and trade which phil won't do so imo I think melo is trolling chicago:laugh2:

No, we wouldn't have already moved Taj right now, becaues if Melo opts to remain in NY or go elsewhere, it would have been in vain. We won't move Taj/DMJ/etc. until we have a guarantee somebody wants to come here.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Houston or Mia...

If he wants to win now, NYK and LA are out

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2014, 10:24 AM

Why would they trade Taj and MDJ without Melo committing?

Game_Over
06-30-2014, 10:36 AM
I say Chicago but you know what the NBA forum really needs, another Melo thread!!

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 11:08 AM

Big Z lol

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 11:08 AM
I say Chicago but you know what the NBA forum really needs, another Melo thread!!

So go make one.

xxplayerxx23
06-30-2014, 11:19 AM

Oh so Kobe didn't threaten mangement that he would leave or want to be traded if they didn't get him talent comedy. Lebron will be top 5 easy

chitown85
06-30-2014, 11:25 AM
I personally don't think Melo has the mental make-up to play for Thibbs... And I cant understand why an infamously prideful, hard-nosed culture like da bulls (and their fanbase, it seems) would collectively swoon over the prospect of shelling- out buku cap space and assets for a known softy like Carmelo.

This is what would happen. Carmelo would not take a significant pay-cut. There would be a sign and trade. Jimmy Butler will become a Knick, and thanks for those 3 draft picks.

I don't think I want Melo personally. I mean I understand why a Bull's fan (many) want him. But, imo have to give up too much to make room...he is known for being lazy and is horrible at defense.

I like our team with Doug McBuckets, Mirotic (rumors are he is finally coming over; falling out with Real Madrid), amnesty/"unload" Boozer, bring back DJ, and maybe go after a guy like Parsons...contender and way more scoring potential than last year/for a while now actually--and perhaps more importantly don't hamstring ourselves and/or break up a winning core for an experiment.

Going after Melo inherently means breaking up a winning nucleus, and if you are giving up so much you are pretty much banking on Rose being elite...I (as many Bulls fans) have a wait and see attitude this season when it comes to Rose.

Now if we are talking about Love or Durant (at a later date); I am all in.

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 11:36 AM
I don't think I want Melo personally. I mean I understand why a Bull's fan (many) want him. But, imo have to give up too much to make room...he is known for being lazy and is horrible at defense.

I like our team with Doug McBuckets, Mirotic (rumors are he is finally coming over; falling out with Real Madrid), amnesty/"unload" Boozer, bring back DJ, and maybe go after a guy like Parsons...contender and way more scoring potential than last year/for a while now actually--and perhaps more importantly don't hamstring ourselves and/or break up a winning core for an experiment.

Going after Melo inherently means breaking up a winning nucleus, and if you are giving up so much you are pretty much banking on Rose being elite...I (as many Bulls fans) have a wait and see attitude this season when it comes to Rose.

Now if we are talking about Love or Durant (at a later date); I am all in.

You're saying Melo is horrible at defense, a reason you don't want him, but you're all in for Love?

Jtirado16
06-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Lakers. Like it's been said all year

Jarvo
06-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Chiraq *Chicago*

chitown85
06-30-2014, 11:47 AM
You're saying Melo is horrible at defense, a reason you don't want him, but you're all in for Love?

That was one of three reasons I don't want him: Lazy, horrible at defense, and we have to give up too much to get him. Really his lack of defense is #3 on my reasons why I don't want him. Much more concerned with a lazy poor work ethic guy in his 30's and giving up so much to make it happen, than I am with his lack of defense. Way to nitpick one reason though;)

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2014, 11:50 AM
That was one of three reasons I don't want him: Lazy, horrible at defense, and we have to give up too much to get him. Really his lack of defense is #3 on my reasons why I don't want him. Much more concerned with a lazy poor work ethic guy in his 30's and giving up so much to make it happen, than I am with his lack of defense. Way to nitpick one reason though;)

Melo really isn't lazy though and he's not as bad at defense as you may think. You probably don't watch Knicks games but he has played solid D.

LA_Raiders
06-30-2014, 11:54 AM
I believe he stay put with the Knicks. Dark horse would be the Lakers IMO.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-30-2014, 12:03 PM

So he's just meeting up with them as soon as FA starts for ***** and giggles?

Captain Moroni
06-30-2014, 12:15 PM
I think he wants to win a championship now though, and that won't happen right away with the Lakers or Knicks.

Problem is, it's not going to happen right now with the Bulls or Rockets either. Niether team can overtake Miami if the big 3 re-up or San Antonio. Dallas might have a shot.
NY will be a HUGE player in MEGA free agent Bonanza next summer, so if you aren't winning it this coming season with a new team, why not stay the course and lead PJ's resurgence?
I think he stays in NY.

Captain Moroni
06-30-2014, 12:18 PM
So he's just meeting up with them as soon as FA starts for ***** and giggles?

Actually Yes, I believe he is. Just like LeBron did to ALL interested teams in 2010. He knew months before he was going to Miami yet his ego wanted to hear all of those cities tell him how awesome he was. Melo has never been through the FA process before, he wants to feel loved.

chitown85
06-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Melo really isn't lazy though and he's not as bad at defense as you may think. You probably don't watch Knicks games but he has played solid D.

Fair enough. I only watch them play in big or primetime games; and against the Bulls. But, his background of having a poor work ethic and his propensity to "let himself go" physically are discussed frequently. Athletes in their 30's have to be at top form physically to compete on any kind of elite level.

This is why the Black Mamba is a top 10 GOAT; because his work ethic and competitive drive (to the point of arrogance) made him even more dominant in his 30's; with maturity he was even more dangerous; and could still take over a game.

The questions for Bulls fans and Knicks fans are:

1) How bad does Melo want to win?
2) Is he willing to step up and be elite ( I.e. able to put a team on his back and take over games.)?

I don't hate the idea of Melo. I just don't "love" it. I do understand (and can relate to) why some Bulls fans want him and are willing to take a risk on Melo.

72 Wins
06-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Problem is, it's not going to happen right now with the Bulls or Rockets either. Niether team can overtake Miami if the big 3 re-up or San Antonio. Dallas might have a shot.
NY will be a HUGE player in MEGA free agent Bonanza next summer, so if you aren't winning it this coming season with a new team, why not stay the course and lead PJ's resurgence?
I think he stays in NY.

With Melo (and if Rose comes back to an all-star level), I can't see how Chicago can lose to the Heat.

Dee_Edge
06-30-2014, 12:42 PM
He'd do better in Houston...but he's gonna stay in NY

rockets-fan
06-30-2014, 12:49 PM
I think he stays in NY.

The bulls would be the best team in the easy IMO. Easily with the decline of wade.

Houston would beat out the west in two years as well I think, give them a season to gel, Houston got significantly better as the season went on last year, another offseason will help them.

chitown85
06-30-2014, 12:54 PM
He'd do better in Houston...but he's gonna stay in NY

Perhaps objectively he would; but subjectively? Maybe not. Chicago in the East is a much better "subjective" landing spot than Houston in the West.

chitown85
06-30-2014, 12:58 PM
The bulls would be the best team in the easy IMO. Easily with the decline of wade.

Houston would beat out the west in two years as well I think, give them a season to gel, Houston got significantly better as the season went on last year, another offseason will help them.

Unless, Houston loses Parsons IMO...if that happens, Houston takes a step back..

rockets-fan
06-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Unless, Houston loses Parsons IMO...if that happens, Houston takes a step back..

I agree but I highly doubt they let the guy who recruited Howard leave, and they have said they would match any offer.

Bev
Harden
Parsons
Melo
Howard

With the shooting star Daniels off the bench and TJones who brings a ton of energy...love it

PartyPoison15
06-30-2014, 01:09 PM
His best bet is to stay in the east. So I don't think he will sign with a west team for the simple reason of the west being stacked.

Chicago is my guess, I don't see how he passes that up.

BklynKnicks3
06-30-2014, 01:10 PM
how funny would it be if melo just going there as a spy for phil Bulls are getting Jack Zen'd lmao. I remember rumors of Wade doing that for riley

Dee_Edge
06-30-2014, 01:37 PM
"Perhaps objectively he would; but subjectively? Maybe not. Chicago in the East is a much better "subjective" landing spot than Houston in the West."

I would agree If Taj Gibson would stay...but they would have to get rid of his money if Melo heads to Chi-town

Thumper 88
06-30-2014, 05:12 PM
If melo really wants to win now Mavs offer the best chance. Plus no state income tax in Texas helps a little too

kblo247
06-30-2014, 10:58 PM
If melo really wants to win now Mavs offer the best chance. Plus no state income tax in Texas helps a little too

No self respecting top tier free agent signs in Dallas, has never happened in league history.

Mave1002
06-30-2014, 11:05 PM
For the right price. $14M. take it or leave it.

Great players, take less for a ring.

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 11:07 PM
No self respecting top tier free agent signs in Dallas, has never happened in league history.
Very true. The Mavs have never been able to land a top tier free agent. That's why I never expected them to be serious players for Melo or Labron. I'm OK with that though because they have proven that they don't need to sign the "big fish" in free agency in order to win the title. Cuban and Donnie Nelson have proven they can build the team through trades.

kblo247
07-01-2014, 02:27 AM
Very true. The Mavs have never been able to land a top tier free agent. That's why I never expected them to be serious players for Melo or Labron. I'm OK with that though because they have proven that they don't need to sign the "big fish" in free agency in order to win the title. Cuban and Donnie Nelson have proven they can build the team through trades.

I agree and think they snatch up a B tier guy while the a tier is being taken care of.

Mr.B
07-01-2014, 02:30 AM
I agree and think they snatch up a B tier guy while the a tier is being taken care of.
They're going hard after Parsons and making a play for Lowry. Both would be great additions to the Mavs.

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 09:45 AM

Oh yeah I know the Mavs have never landed a top tier FA, but if Melo wants to wear a ring from winning a championship then I believe he would have the best chance with the Mavs.

As long as lebron is in the east no one is getting to the finals.

Out west there are a ton of good teams.

Is Houston really going to get past the first round? With Melo I think they could but in order to get him they have to give up.

Mavs don't have to give up anything to get him.

Personally I think the Mavs should spread that money around and get 2 b class FA

torocan
07-01-2014, 09:51 AM
For all his talk about Championships, Melo has historically been about the $$$.

If he holds true to form, that means either the Knicks or Houston with the advantage to the Knicks if they choose to pay him. If the salaries are close, I can see the family being the tipping point in favor of the Knicks.

If he REALLY was all about the rings, it would be the Bulls, Houston or Miami. And if the Ring was the only consideration, he should head to the Spurs. Add yet another Star to the Spurs who was actually willing to sacrifice and be coached, and there's not a team in the NBA that would stop the already near dominant Spurs.

However, we all know that it's rarely purely about winning. There really aren't THAT many "stars" that are willing to take a back seat to the Team.

NYJ - NYY
07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Stay with the Knicks melo!!

Beltrans Mole
07-01-2014, 10:14 AM

I'm sorry, did I miss the part where your boy Kobe took LESS money?

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 10:20 AM

If he holds true to form, that means either the Knicks or Houston with the advantage to the Knicks if they choose to pay him. If the salaries are close, I can see the family being the tipping point in favor of the Knicks.

If he REALLY was all about the rings, it would be the Bulls, Houston or Miami. And if the Ring was the only consideration, he should head to the Spurs. Add yet another Star to the Spurs who was actually willing to sacrifice and be coached, and there's not a team in the NBA that would stop the already near dominant Spurs.

However, we all know that it's rarely purely about winning. There really aren't THAT many "stars" that are willing to take a back seat to the Team.

The bulls and Houston can't offer as much as the Mavs and they are not as close to a championship team. Spurs don't have the cap room and while I agree he would win a ring in Maimi but if the big 3 return they couldn't afford him.

Mavs almost stopped the spurs. In fact they were the only team to take the spurs past 6 games.

I do agree and think Melo will return to NY

He's just doing his do diligence so he has no regrets

torocan
07-01-2014, 10:32 AM
The bulls and Houston can't offer as much as the Mavs and they are not as close to a championship team. Spurs don't have the cap room and while I agree he would win a ring in Maimi but if the big 3 return they couldn't afford him.

Mavs almost stopped the spurs. In fact they were the only team to take the spurs past 6 games.

I do agree and think Melo will return to NY

He's just doing his do diligence so he has no regrets

Houston can clear $17.9M with no state tax just by moving Lin. If they execute S&T's, they can pay Melo even more.

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Houston can clear $17.9M with no state tax just by moving Lin. If they execute S&T's, they can pay Melo even more.

Yes I know, but they both still can't offer as much as the Mavs who also have no state tax

Captain Moroni
07-01-2014, 11:12 AM

Yeah anyone who passes up 32 million dollars is a fool and selfish.
The thing about re-upping with NY is not just about 2014-15. We all know the Knicks shortcomings as the roster sits RIGHT NOW, but next summer the Knicks have UBER money to spend. Melo with a revamped Phil Jackson roster would make him a sports diety in NY forever. Everything I read is about winning this year.
If Melo chooses Chicago and they win a ring, he still takes a back seat to MJ, Scottie and Bill freaking wennington for heavens sake. He also plays second fiddle to DRose.
If he stays in NY and wins a championship down the line......He owns the biggest city in t he land. It's why I believe he is staying.

Corey
07-01-2014, 11:25 AM
I expect him on the Lakers, honestly. I dunno.

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 11:28 AM

No they don't

DarkKnight
07-01-2014, 11:34 AM
No they don't

I agree with this message

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 11:35 AM
No they don't

Don't go to in depth with your reasoning..

D-Leethal
07-01-2014, 01:05 PM
No they don't

Don't go to in depth with your reasoning..

Felton-Monta-Melo-Dirk would be tore the **** up by any and every spread offense in the leaguem

D-Leethal
07-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Bulls offer him the best chance to win tomorrow but are a ton of question marks and a limited ceiling. But they are in the East and have the right team for him to win tomorrow if thats all he wants. I dont think thats all he wants and I think his heart is in NY just like his families is. I think being attached to the latter part of Phil's legacy where MJ was attached to part 1 and Kobe attached to part 2 will be enough to keep him here. Phil has a way of "making you believe everything is gonna be alright" and I think Melo buys in.

D-Leethal
07-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I think the Western Conference will steer him far away from any team out there. Nobody wants a part of that warzone. Playing caliber of teams in round 1 you wont see until the ECF or Finals is a turn off to someone trying to win a title. I think CP3 will tell him "stay out there brah"

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Felton-Monta-Melo-Dirk would be tore the **** up by any and every spread offense in the leaguem

I doubt Felton will see much playing time. I'm sure Harris will be the starting PG and the trio you just mentioned of Melo,Dirk&Monta would be the best offensive trio in the game hands down.

Mr.B
07-01-2014, 03:39 PM

I agree because Melo is probably a worse defender than Dirk is. At least Dirk blocks a lot of shots during a season. I would feel much better with this lineup.

Harris, Monte, Parsons, Dirk, Chandler

Bench: Vince, Marion, Pau, Crowder, Wright, Blair, Mekel

Felton won't be on the team by the time they start training camp.

rockets-fan
07-01-2014, 03:42 PM
I agree because Melo is probably a worse defender than Dirk is. At least Dirk blocks a lot of shots during a season. I would feel much better with this lineup.

Parsons isn't going anywhere :)

Mr.B
07-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Parsons isn't going anywhere :)

We shall see. Houston can obviously match any offer. Any team that wants Parsons is going to have to overpay for him. I also know that he and Dirk are very good friends, well at least according to what Dirk said on the radio they are. It will be a long shot to get him but is rather have him than Melo.

THE MTL
07-01-2014, 04:24 PM

Are you seriously counting the 2007 finals against him? He led a pile of nothing all the way to the finals in his 4th year in the league. In my opinion that adds to his legacy.

And get off Bird's and Magic's dick bro. They each played with 3 HOFers in their prime.

THE MTL
07-01-2014, 04:25 PM

Great players take less but they don't get robbed.

JNA17
07-01-2014, 04:33 PM
If I were Jeanie Buss, I would pitch this to Melo:

"Phil has...commitment issues. He will string you along while promising the world. I mean just look at Phil and I, we have been dating and engaged for years but still no wedding? Take it from me Melo, he says he will give you the moon when you're still stuck on a Earth."

That would be so cold of her to do but can you imagine if she pulls it off? :laugh:

JNA17
07-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Also have any of you guys seen this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrevvpNCIAAif5H.jpg

Good god :laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 06:14 PM

Harris isn't really a starting PG, he's better suited to be the back up point.

Dirk isn't getting any younger

Tyson is injuring prone...

He's better of with Houston.

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2014, 06:16 PM

You're kidding yourself if you think Felton is not playing. He's playing whether you like it or not and let's be honest, Harris injury history doesn't guaranteed him playing a full season. Felton is an injury away from being your starting PG and I'm pretty sure Melo realizes that!

Mr.B
07-01-2014, 06:35 PM
You're kidding yourself if you think Felton is not playing. He's playing whether you like it or not and let's be honest, Harris injury history doesn't guaranteed him playing a full season. Felton is an injury away from being your starting PG and I'm pretty sure Melo realizes that!

He can't play if he won't be on the team. They will also find themselves another PG before free agency is said and done. I have complete faith in what Carlise, Cuban, and Donnie are doing.

Mr.B
07-01-2014, 06:38 PM

Parsons actually fits Dallas' offense better than he fits Houston's.

MelanconMadness
07-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Anthony rode with Thibodeau to the United Center, and when Anthony arrived at the Bulls' home, he was greeted by a picture of himself in a Bulls uniform wearing his No. 7. The marquee in the front of the stadium showed him as a Bull with the Larry O'Brien Trophy as the organization clearly tries to appeal his stated desire to win and possibly even take less money to do so.

Corniest sales pitch ever. Sounds like something Dolan would put on. But if it's not about the max money, he would be stupid to not go along with the trio of himself Noah and rose. That itself without even mentioning Gibson and thibs should sell the bulls itself

MelanconMadness
07-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Also pretty sure he would go back to number 15 if he has the option, Bernard king is the reason he went with 7

IDunknown
07-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Also pretty sure he would go back to number 15 if he has the option, Bernard king is the reason he went with 7

Nope, Bernard king was 30. The 15 jersey was actually retired twice for Earl "The Pearl" Monroe, and Dick McGuire.

MelanconMadness
07-01-2014, 07:47 PM
I was mistaken as soon as I wrote it, but you know what I meant

DarkKnight
07-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Nope, Bernard king was 30. The 15 jersey was actually retired twice for Earl "The Pearl" Monroe, and Dick McGuire.

But , but 15 x 2 = 30

DarkKnight
07-01-2014, 07:50 PM
I was mistaken as soon as I wrote it, but you know what I meant

Jk we know . Divas champ

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 08:00 PM

Your kidding yourself, Houston couldn't get past Portland lol

shep33
07-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Houston is my bet. Although he should just stay out east. Not sure Houston gets past Okc, SAS, or the Clips. The east sucks, so his chances to be in the finals drastically improves with the Bulls.

Thumper 88
07-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Houston is my bet. Although he should just stay out east. Not sure Houston gets past Okc, SAS, or the Clips. The east sucks, so his chances to be in the finals drastically improves with the Bulls.
Not sure if Houston can get past okc, sas, or the clips.. How the the Portland trailblazers...

todu82
07-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Chicago

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Da Bulls

lakerboy
07-01-2014, 09:06 PM

Lol. You couldn't beat a younger, better Portland Trail Blazers. It wasn't even close.

Other better teams:
Spurs
Warriors
Clippers
Thunder

D-Leethal
07-01-2014, 09:34 PM
He can't play if he won't be on the team. They will also find themselves another PG before free agency is said and done. I have complete faith in what Carlise, Cuban, and Donnie are doing.

They are gonna straight up waive a guy with 3 more years on his deal? Or you actually think your gonna be able to shed him in a trade without taking back something worse and/or giving up someone you want to keep?

And to your point earlier about Dirk being a better defender because he "at least blocked shots", Melo blocked more shots than Dirk last year.

gatkins11
07-01-2014, 09:49 PM
They are gonna straight up waive a guy with 3 more years on his deal? Or you actually think your gonna be able to shed him in a trade without taking back something worse and/or giving up someone you want to keep?

And to your point earlier about Dirk being a better defender because he "at least blocked shots", Melo blocked more shots than Dirk last year.

FWIW, many said it couldn't be done with Calderon.

rockets-fan
07-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Lol. You couldn't beat a younger, better Portland Trail Blazers. It wasn't even close.

Other better teams:
Spurs
Warriors
Clippers
Thunder

LMA played out of his mind the first two games, lillard hit a game winning three and the refs messed up a crucial call in game 2 that cost houston the game....the better team didn't win that series IMO. Houston is better than Portland they just played better that series. Disagree if you like that's your opinion.

Beltrans Mole
07-02-2014, 12:00 AM
If the Knicks bring back Melo and sign Pau, they will a 50-win team competing for the 3 or 4 seed in the East next year IMO. Then you wait one more year and get Marc Gasol and perhaps an even better PG than Calderon. It's not all so bad in Knick-land. If you guys really think Melo wants to play with Felton and Tyson in Dallas you've gotta be joking. Melo would have to take a significant pay cut to go to Miami which I don't think he'll do. He loves it in NY, maybe he loves CHI too. However, having Phil Jackson making moves for him now has to make him feel much better. The team already got better.

Mr.B
07-02-2014, 04:01 AM

The Mavs have always been able to shed bad contracts. Sometimes Cuban has had to pay a guy to guy to go away (Odom), they've amnestied guys (Finley, and Haywood), and they've traded guys with bad contracts (Dampier, Calderon). So it wouldn't surprise me if they did just straight up waive him. It could all depend on how he shows up to camp. If he's overweight they'll likely cut him. Unless he's traded before then.

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 04:19 AM
The Mavs have always been able to shed bad contracts. Sometimes Cuban has had to pay a guy to guy to go away (Odom), they've amnestied guys (Finley, and Haywood), and they've traded guys with bad contracts (Dampier, Calderon). So it wouldn't surprise me if they did just straight up waive him. It could all depend on how he shows up to camp. If he's overweight they'll likely cut him. Unless he's traded before then.

if your talking about felton you can't waive him:confused:

Redrum187
07-02-2014, 04:42 AM
I think if Carmelo Anthony wants to have the best opportunity to win a championship, it would be with 1A.) Dallas Mavericks, 1B.) Houston Rockets.

On paper, Carmelo Anthony with the Rockets would be incredibly stacked, but I doubt his game, along with Harden's ball dominance and Howard's pleas for the ball would be as effective as a balanced team with the Dallas Mavericks. The only issue I have with the Mavericks is Harris and Felton aren't the best facilitators for a Dirk/Carmelo/Tyson/Monta starting squad. Then again, the Rockets don't really have a great facilitator either.

I'm curious, if Carmelo goes to the Rockets, who is their starting PF? Does Parson's stay in Houston? Does he become sixth man? Both teams have the potential to be contend.

Thumper 88
07-02-2014, 07:53 AM
If the Knicks bring back Melo and sign Pau, they will a 50-win team competing for the 3 or 4 seed in the East next year IMO. Then you wait one more year and get Marc Gasol and perhaps an even better PG than Calderon. It's not all so bad in Knick-land. If you guys really think Melo wants to play with Felton and Tyson in Dallas you've gotta be joking. Melo would have to take a significant pay cut to go to Miami which I don't think he'll do. He loves it in NY, maybe he loves CHI too. However, having Phil Jackson making moves for him now has to make him feel much better. The team already got better.

Melo probably stays in NY with the money. But be real here NYK will not be winning a championship any time soon. They might be contenders 4+ years out.. Maybe

rhymeratic
07-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Bucks

Mr.B
07-02-2014, 09:53 AM
I think if Carmelo Anthony wants to have the best opportunity to win a championship, it would be with 1A.) Dallas Mavericks, 1B.) Houston Rockets.

On paper, Carmelo Anthony with the Rockets would be incredibly stacked, but I doubt his game, along with Harden's ball dominance and Howard's pleas for the ball would be as effective as a balanced team with the Dallas Mavericks. The only issue I have with the Mavericks is Harris and Felton aren't the best facilitators for a Dirk/Carmelo/Tyson/Monta starting squad. Then again, the Rockets don't really have a great facilitator either.

I'm curious, if Carmelo goes to the Rockets, who is their starting PF? Does Parson's stay in Houston? Does he become sixth man? Both teams have the potential to be contend.
Well its being reported in Dallas this morning that the Mavs have contacted Isaiah Thomas about starting for them.

Mr.B
07-02-2014, 09:54 AM
if your talking about felton you can't waive him:confused:
Sure they can if they are willing to eat the money.

JNA17
07-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Melo and his meeting with the Rockets: http://i.imgur.com/xP0nLLZ.jpg

I really hope the Lakers don't pull this crap like the Bulls and Rockets did. This is such a turn off for a player and makes the process much more cringeworthy. Especially when almost every team those players go to interview pull the same exact stunts.

It's like that episode of Entourage where almost every single agency is trying to sign Vincent Chase by doing the same exact thing: show some epic video of why there Agency is great, why Vincent would great if he signs there, some corny music and wordplay, it completely turned him off. Even the Agency that is trying to resign him which was Arie Gold's agency, pulls the same exact tactic.

Vincent ends up signing with the Agency that just gives him a nice, straight to the point interview with no flash or glare.

Melo may or may not be that same person, maybe he enjoys seeing stuff like that for all I know, but I would think stunts like that get old and be a total turn off. Just my two cents. XD

Thumper 88
07-02-2014, 11:28 AM
I don't think dallas will do it.. Cuban will probably show him the championship trophy and Tyson and Dirk will probably wear their rings. After that nuff said he will get the point.

DR_1
07-02-2014, 12:28 PM
IMO it will come down to Bulls (best all-around option), Rockets (big 3), Knicks ($$$, family to an extent). I have no idea what he will choose though.

Thumper 88
07-02-2014, 12:42 PM
I love the homerism here lol

Mr.B
07-02-2014, 02:24 PM
I love the homerism here lol

Agreed!

east fb knicks
07-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Sure they can if they are willing to eat the money.

he has a player option for 2015 you can't:facepalm:

Captain Moroni
07-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Melo probably stays in NY with the money. But be real here NYK will not be winning a championship any time soon. They might be contenders 4+ years out.. Maybe

in the NBA any team can flip things around quickly by adding solid talent. NYK have a ton of $ next summer. 4 plus years out? nope. They could be a contender in 15/16 easily.

Thumper 88
07-03-2014, 12:08 PM
in the NBA any team can flip things around quickly by adding solid talent. NYK have a ton of $ next summer. 4 plus years out? nope. They could be a contender in 15/16 easily.

Anything is possible but that's a lot of and I mean a lot of what if's... Don't see anyone beating lebron out east anytime soon

Mr.B
07-03-2014, 01:40 PM
he has a player option for 2015 you can't:facepalm:
They could still buy him out. That's what happen with Odom.

jerellh528
07-03-2014, 01:44 PM
I hope he stays in ny and gasol follows him there to be with Phil.

Aust
07-03-2014, 03:30 PM
It looks like he'll probably stay in NY. I really hope we don't sign him to a max deal.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2014, 03:39 PM
He's going to the Lakers :D

SILVER SEAVER
07-03-2014, 03:41 PM
What are the Knicks? Correct for 100. They have the most to offer him and the Zen Master has a way of being very persuasive. I also can't really see Melo walking away from over 30 million dollars and becoming Public Enemy #1 for leaving the Knicks high and dry after making a big deal about going there in the first place.

SILVER SEAVER
07-03-2014, 03:44 PM
And the Bulls will be left holding their ding dongs in their hands as usual. Always the bridesmaid never the bride. If they eat Boozers 16.8 and get nobody of significance to help then this will be more disappointing than 2010.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-03-2014, 03:54 PM
And the Bulls will be left holding their ding dongs in their hands as usual. Always the bridesmaid never the bride. If they eat Boozers 16.8 and get nobody of significance to help then this will be more disappointing than 2010.

Wait, so simply removing Boozer, and filling that 12-15 extra cap space with what is sure to be Mirotic plus a few quality pieces, and we are worse off? I agree it would suck to miss out on the big names, but to act like losing Boozer while gaining that cap space is a step back is just ludicrous. We didn't go dumping anyone like Taj or Dunleavy to get a little more room and then lose out, which yes would've been a disappointment then.

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2014, 03:58 PM

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Lakers offered Melo max, 4 year $95 mil contract

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Wait, so simply removing Boozer, and filling that 12-15 extra cap space with what is sure to be Mirotic plus a few quality pieces, and we are worse off? I agree it would suck to miss out on the big names, but to act like losing Boozer while gaining that cap space is a step back is just ludicrous. We didn't go dumping anyone like Taj or Dunleavy to get a little more room and then lose out, which yes would've been a disappointment then.
Agreed, definitely not a step back, but a waste of time and another second to third round exit for years to come is not exactly what I want either

PowerHouse
07-03-2014, 08:57 PM

If he wants that he might as well sign with the Lakers and have Kobe to play with too.

TDE
07-03-2014, 09:03 PM
If he wants that he might as well sign with the Lakers and have Kobe to play with too.

good point

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 09:17 PM
He will stay in New York.

Sanjay
07-03-2014, 10:39 PM
If he wants to have a chance at a championship surely he would go to Chicago to play with Rose...

IndiansFan337
07-04-2014, 05:20 PM
NYK, with LAL as my sleeper pick.

Dade County
07-04-2014, 05:46 PM
If he wants to have a chance at a championship surely he would go to Chicago to play with Rose...

What if rose isn't the same rose... What if he can never get to that level again?

The bulls are not his best option because of the uncertainty of rose legs, all of this is just media hype.

bbcmillionaire
07-04-2014, 05:55 PM
What if rose isn't the same rose... What if he can never get to that level again?

The bulls are not his best option because of the uncertainty of rose legs, all of this is just media hype.

Lol anything concerning the bulls there is a heat fan with an opinion. I mean if rose isn't the same or the bulls aren't a threat, why keep posting and reiterating this?

beasted86
07-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Lol anything concerning the bulls there is a heat fan with an opinion. I mean if rose isn't the same or the bulls aren't a threat, why keep posting and reiterating this?

Dude, you EAT AND SLEEP in Knicks and HEAT related threads. Just click on your own username for proof. SMH.

bbcmillionaire
07-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Dude, you EAT AND SLEEP in Knicks and HEAT related threads. Just click on your own username for proof. SMH.

Lol I barely post but it live and sleep in the knick and heat forums right? Of course I'm keeping an eye on carmelo Anthony, always been one of my favorites. It's understandable why you heat fans are always watching us though. But in the words of the future hall of famer kevin Garnett. You need to worry about your own team

Dade County
07-04-2014, 06:45 PM

I actually think people have been brainwashed to not even factor rose injuries in to account. It seems like all the big sports news outlets never bring it up.

I don't like when people get manipulated, so I am just doing my part to help out lol

I am not on your same wave link of thinking, this has nothing to do with me being a HEAT fan; this has to do with the awareness of the media agenda.

cssdmark
07-04-2014, 06:52 PM
NYC and that is FINAL. Someone made a very good point. Who was in charge the last time Chicago and the Lakers won a championship? That would be the Zen master. Now the Zen master is in NYC, Melo where you going?

cssdmark
07-04-2014, 07:09 PM
NYC and that is FINAL. Someone made a very good point. Who was in charge the last time Chicago and the Lakers won a championship? That would be the Zen master. Now the Zen master is in NYC, Melo where you going?

I actually think people have been brainwashed to not even factor rose injuries in to account. It seems like all the big sports news outlets never bring it up.

I don't like when people get manipulated, so I am just doing my part to help out lol

I am not on your same wave link of thinking, this has nothing to do with me being a HEAT fan; this has to do with the awareness of the media agenda.. You know what? You are right. They talk about Amare all the time but fail to realize in the past three years Amare has played more games than Rose, yet that never gets brought up in the discussion. Damn Espn, in the words of JR Smith they can get the pipe.

mbsalame123
07-04-2014, 07:36 PM
People underrate the knicks a lot. Me, being a nuggets fan should hate the knicks and melo but I am a basketball fan and as a fan I think melo going back to the knicks is the much better option than the lakers, bulls or rockets.

Lets start with the lakers: They offer the max contract and kobe and maybe gasol but other than that what else do they have? Melo and Kobe playing together might workout but they both demand the ball so I don't how well that would work out. Plus its the WEST we're talking about. They would be competing for a playoff spot without a guarantee to make it because that is how deep the WEST is and they probably still wouldn't be able to topple teams like the clippers, spurs, thunder, rockets, warriors or blazers.

The Rockets: People see the talent on paper with melo, howard, and harden as the big 3 and potentially chandler parsons returning as well to make this one of the best roster talent we have seen in while but its not about the star power that makes a good team, its about the chemistry and how well great stars can play with each other. That is the reason the Celtics and Heat were able to destroy competition because their stars set their egos aside and worked together. Melo and Harden need the ball in their hands again to be effective and well last time howard was with a star like melo, it didn't really work out well (Kobe in LA). This team would be another version of the lakers from last year or nets from this year.

The bulls: Well this might be the best option for Melo again on paper with rose, noah, gibson and butler to join melo in the most amazing starting 5 in the NBA, but Rose is the biggest question mark and to come back from 2 big injuries and play the same way you used to is almost unimaginable. Just look at Tracy Mcgrady who is a good example or Penny Hardaway or Grant Hill. All of these stars came back from significant injuries and were still pretty good but never were able to redeem their superstar status again. What if Rose gets injured again? Then what? Can a team with just melo as their scorer compete for a championship without rose their? Well the bulls almost proved it this year in the playoffs when they put up a fight in the East but it still wasn't enough.

I left the mavericks off of the list because I just don't see melo going to dallas as a realistic possibility at all, in fact they have kind of already moved on as they are meeting with lebron's agent, luol deng and other potential free agents.

So here comes the knicks as the best possible team for melo. Here is why: First of all, this knicks team is super underrated in my opinion. Keep in mind just 2 years ago they were one of the top teams in the east and things were working out well, but then they lost their veterans last summer who kept their youngsters in check and the players just lost trust in their coach. Now with this team with Fisher as coach and jackson in the front office, this team should gain the trust of their new coach right away and the way the team is built it has enough talent right now to compete for a top seed in the East. Jackson has already shown Melo that he can build a championship team and get the right pieces for him as he traded Chandler and the worst starting point guard in the NBA in Felton to the Mavericks for a cheaper version of Chandler and a great underrated point guard in Jose Calderon who is the perfect fit to run the triangle offense. This team is stacked in the back court with calderon and prigioni at point guard, followed by jr smith, shumpert, and hardaway jr at shooting guard and then add in the steal of the draft in cleanthony early and a front court with amare (who might be able to play well in the right offense, the triangle might be perfect for him), bargnani (again another system player that needs the right situation to thrive), lamar odom (who is a shell of his former self but it was just 2 years ago that he was one of the key players coming off the bench for the clippers and he will be playing in the triangle system in which he thrived in) and samuel dalembart. I think dalembart is underrated. He is very similar to chandler in which he plays great defense, is a good rim protector and rebounder and will give you the hustle stats. Now this team looks amazing in my opinion and add melo to the squad and they have a perfect triangle system to run with. If they can get Gasol to come to the team then he will make this team one of the best in the East, and in my opinion gasol has a very good chance of coming to new york as he and melo have been talking with each other, fisher, jackson, and odom the former lakers are there to recruit him and fellow Spaniard Jose Calderon will be there as well. Gasol is a perfect fit of the triangle offense as we saw that when jackson was there with the lakers and he and melo would work well off of each other, throw him in and he will teach amare and andrea how to be productive off of that system as well.
Oh and to top things off, Melo gets the most money from the knicks, he gets to stay in new york where his family loves it there and he has a roster that will be totally different in a year from now as bargnani and amare's contract will expire next summer in which case they can go after players like rondo or love next summer. For the knicks, convincing melo that they can still be competitive this year in the weak east while building up for next year as they prepare to attract several big name free agents when they will have loads of cap space, should be the best option for Melo.

Melo will remain a Knick and we will look back at this and say... he made the right decision!

mbsalame123
07-04-2014, 07:38 PM
As far as people saying the bulls offseason would be a fail, it certainly wouldn't be. Getting back a healthy rose who can possibly still play at a high level and signing mirotic would be huge as they have already gotten in what I think could be a big steal of the nba draft, doug mcdermott. Its not like the Bulls are done after melo, they can get gasol, deng, ariza, stephenson or other top tier free agents. In fact, in my opinion I think if stephenson doesn't resign with the pacers then the bulls will sign him and he will be a huge compliment to rose as stephenson, noah, gibson and butler will create the best defensive lineup in the NBA.

Dade County
07-04-2014, 08:07 PM
As far as people saying the bulls offseason would be a fail, it certainly wouldn't be. Getting back a healthy rose who can possibly still play at a high level and signing mirotic would be huge as they have already gotten in what I think could be a big steal of the nba draft, doug mcdermott. Its not like the Bulls are done after melo, they can get gasol, deng, ariza, stephenson or other top tier free agents. In fact, in my opinion I think if stephenson doesn't resign with the pacers then the bulls will sign him and he will be a huge compliment to rose as stephenson, noah, gibson and butler will create the best defensive lineup in the NBA.

That would be a really good team...

I would like to see them face the Pacers in the Playoffs.