PDA

View Full Version : Suns to Propose Significant Deal to Gordon Hayward

Duncan = Donkey
06-29-2014, 11:28 PM
****** @******
Follow
Suns To Propose Significant Deal To Gordon Hayward; Jazz Plan To Match Offer Sheets --

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/233999/Suns-To-Propose-Significant-Deal-To-Gordon-Hayward;-Jazz-Plan-To-Match-Offer-Sheets

Hopefully Utah matches if its a max, dont want him for a max

bucketss
06-29-2014, 11:38 PM
there can't possibly be a team stupid enough to give gordon hayward a max right?

shep33
06-29-2014, 11:44 PM
Why?

Mr.B
06-29-2014, 11:50 PM
He's a very solid 2 way player and I would love it if the Mavs were able to sign him but he's not worth the max. I would put him at the same level as Chandler Parsons.

Cal827
06-29-2014, 11:53 PM
there can't possibly be a team stupid enough to give gordon hayward a max right?

:laugh: You forgot that this is the NBA

beasted86
06-29-2014, 11:54 PM
But the owners are losing money

Duncan = Donkey
06-29-2014, 11:56 PM
dont know why the link wont work, its on wiretap though

tredigs
06-30-2014, 12:21 AM
He was pretty bad last year.

kobe4thewinbang
06-30-2014, 12:23 AM
Who da fuq is Gordon Hayward?

Give me a max deal while they're at it! I can chuck threes too.

I guess they want Dragic to pass the ball to Hayward instead of a whole buncha shooters?

Duncan = Donkey
06-30-2014, 12:23 AM
He was pretty bad last year.

Yeah he is not a 1st option or 2nd option IMO, he is a good 3rd option. And Who wants to pay a MAX to a 3rd option guy?

Kashmir13579
06-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Incredible fit for Phoenix.. This kid is a gunslinger.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-30-2014, 12:27 AM
Ouch. He has yet to appear in an allstar game or make the playoffs and "significant offers" are already being thrown about?

He's a decent all around player but wow..

blastmasta26
06-30-2014, 12:36 AM
Max and near max contracts are thrown around way too often, and there needs to be a real change in the system if guys like Hayward and even Bledsoe command huge contracts.

FlashBolt
06-30-2014, 01:35 AM
Phoenix giving up on Carmelo, James, and other huge names? I'd rather see Deng on this team than Hayward. Hayward is young but he has a lot to work on before getting close to the max. In a world of today, it is difficult to understand how some of these players are that lucky to end up receiving max offers. Just a bad decision by NBA front offices.

jsthornton7
06-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Shouldn't PHX be focusing on re-signing Bledsoe before thinking about Hayward? What's the story on that PHX fans?

Duncan = Donkey
06-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Shouldn't PHX be focusing on re-signing Bledsoe before thinking about Hayward? What's the story on that PHX fans?

Well they can just match any offer for Bledsoe so there is no rush to re-sign him. There was a report though that they were trying ro re-sign him before it comes to that.

FlashBolt
06-30-2014, 02:26 AM

Bledsoe is restricted so I don't think there is much Phoenix can do just yet.

Chrisclover
06-30-2014, 02:58 AM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/233999/Suns-To-Propose-Significant-Deal-To-Gordon-Hayward;-Jazz-Plan-To-Match-Offer-Sheets

Hopefully Utah matches if its a max, dont want him for a max

If he gets a max, it will be stunning and insane.

kblo247
06-30-2014, 03:34 AM
They should throw it at Parsons. I mean if there's one guy not likely to turn it down and one team not likely to match at that price it's them. Utah has every reason to match Hayward as he will finally get to play SF for the first time truly in his career as a starter with Exum and Burke there

DitchDat
06-30-2014, 06:23 AM
Eric Gordon all over again?

astonmartin10
06-30-2014, 07:56 AM
That's a lot of money for Hayward. And they still need to resign Bledsoe.

J4KOP99
06-30-2014, 08:00 AM
What happened to melo and Lebron

hugepatsfan
06-30-2014, 08:24 AM
I want BOS to offer him a max deal. We have to dump Jeff Green and Brandon Bass though. PHI needs to sign guys to get up to the salary cap floor so I was hoping we could dump Bass on them (give them some 2nd rounder(s) - he's just an expiring so they could flip him at the deadline). DAL, ATL, CHA, DET, LAL, WAS (if Ariza leaves) could all absorb Jeff Green and all could use him. If BOS is willing to do a straight salary dump I imagine we could get one of those teams to bite. He only has one guaranteed year and then a player option.

If BOS could dump those guys I'd be happy to offer a max offer sheet to Hayward. I think he's an $11-12 million/year player but as an RFA you have to overpay by a little bit. I'd be willing to spend the extra few million on him. I wonder if Utah would really match a max though because that is an overpayment and they did just draft Hood.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2014, 08:25 AM

They'll pursue that but if it doesn't work they're not going to just give up on the offseason. You need fall back plans and fall back plans for your fall back plans.

IndyRealist
06-30-2014, 09:54 AM
But the owners are losing money
If you believed that, I've got a bridge for sale. Dirt cheap, prime location.

IndyRealist
06-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Max and near max contracts are thrown around way too often, and there needs to be a real change in the system if guys like Hayward and even Bledsoe command huge contracts.

What it boils down to is that the max salary is too low, preventing guys like Lebron from being paid what they're worth. So guys like Hayward get paid close to the same, when really Lebron is worth about twice as much.

king4day
06-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Phoenix was rumored to be interested in him earlier in the season but as long as Utah will match any offer, it really doesn't pay to waste time. Like Bledsoe, he's not worth the max but someone will offer it anyway forcing the Jazz (or Suns in Bledsoe's case) to match.

Jarvo
06-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Que Paso PHX? Are you stupid?

beasted86
06-30-2014, 01:37 PM
If you believed that, I've got a bridge for sale. Dirt cheap, prime location.

But the owners are losing money!

Now can that bridge support the weight of unicorns, griffins, and Santa Clause's sleigh?

mdm692
06-30-2014, 03:01 PM

He's a RFA and we have his bird rights so we can spend all our money on FA, reason why you see all the names thrown around Phoenix, then we can go over the cap to sign Bledsoe.

mdm692
06-30-2014, 03:04 PM

Lebron said he was on vacation and I have no idea where Melo is at.

smith&wesson
06-30-2014, 03:14 PM
I think a Dragic, Hayward back court is better than Dragic and Bledsoe. They probably would rather pay Hayward the money Bledsoe is asking for which could be a max.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Suns should be watching their bottom line. Yeah they can match all offer sheets to Bledsoe. Even if they sign Hayward and Jazz don't match. Suns have tons of young guys coming around to new deals in following years. They got Bledsoe this year. Probably close to max and they match it. Then following year Morris twins are RFA already. Dragic has a player option that year. Then UFA following year. Then Plumlee,Goodwin,Len RFA following years. Also Green be free agent after this up coming season. So Suns don't wanna be tied up with to many bad contracts then lose out on RFA cause a team don't wanna go deep into luxury tax.

Lo Porto
06-30-2014, 04:47 PM
As a Jazz fan, I think he goes to Boston in a sign and trade. Utah would be stupid to give him a max deal in the middle of this youth movement but Boston probably thinks they are a player or two away.

Hayward for Bradley and Green

Crackadalic
06-30-2014, 05:00 PM
They should throw it at Parsons. I mean if there's one guy not likely to turn it down and one team not likely to match at that price it's them. Utah has every reason to match Hayward as he will finally get to play SF for the first time truly in his career as a starter with Exum and Burke there

This parsons is wayyy better.

SILVER SEAVER
07-01-2014, 02:33 AM

If I had to guess Bledsoe might already be out the door. I wouldn't break up the Dragic/Bledsoe but getting Hayward is probably their plan B. Bledsoe to Miami maybe? Riley is going to get a player in there to help LeBron bring the ball up and run the offense.

king4day
07-01-2014, 10:21 AM
If I had to guess Bledsoe might already be out the door. I wouldn't break up the Dragic/Bledsoe but getting Hayward is probably their plan B. Bledsoe to Miami maybe? Riley is going to get a player in there to help LeBron bring the ball up and run the offense.

Miami won't have the money to sign him.
I think if he leaves, it's to go to LAL.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 10:28 AM
As a Jazz fan, I think he goes to Boston in a sign and trade. Utah would be stupid to give him a max deal in the middle of this youth movement but Boston probably thinks they are a player or two away.

Hayward for Bradley and Green

I don't think Ainge wants to give up Bradley. He really likes him. I think we'll show interest in Hayward but to add him to our core that includes Bradley. I think we'd pass if it took Bradley to get him.

JLynn943
07-01-2014, 10:46 AM
This rumor is ancient.

colinskik
07-01-2014, 11:12 AM
I don't think Ainge wants to give up Bradley. He really likes him. I think we'll show interest in Hayward but to add him to our core that includes Bradley. I think we'd pass if it took Bradley to get him.

REally? I don't think Hayward is worth max money, but he's definitely better than Bradley. I can't see a situation where Bradley is off limits to anyone... he's not really all that good.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 11:31 AM
REally? I don't think Hayward is worth max money, but he's definitely better than Bradley. I can't see a situation where Bradley is off limits to anyone... he's not really all that good.

Avery Bradley is actually a very quality player. His defense is obviously awesome. His jump shot has improved immensely. He shot 39.5% from 3 last year. He's evolved from just a catch and shoot player too - he worked on coming off screens to create his own shot off the dribble last year and became quite good at it. The only issue with him is health. Other than that he's a very solid starting SG. He's also a great fit with Marcus Smart, who we just drafted. Smart has the size to defend SGs which gives Bradley more defensive versatility to guard either backcourt position.

Don't get me wrong, Hayward is better. Not denying that. But he'll also be more expensive. We're still rebuilding so it wouldn't be worth spending the extra money to land Hayward instead of Bradley. We still need to keep free agent options open down the line as well as look to land as good a lottery pick as possible. Bradley instead of Hayward assists in both those goals. It's just not worth it for us right now.

Lo Porto
07-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Boston would give up Bradley for Hayward without a doubt.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 12:57 PM
If we were trying to win now, yeah we would. But not in the midst of rebuilding. Doesn't make sense. Hayward is a good player, a VERY good player but paying guys like him is something you want to avoid in the midst of rebuilding. He's going to command at least $11-12 million/year or so. That would clog our cap and inhibit us from being able to sign/trade for a franchise player. Bradley is only going to take $6-8 mil/year in all likeliehood. So while he isn't as good a player as Hayward, he fits better into the rebuilding plan of our franchise.

futureman
07-01-2014, 01:53 PM
I want BOS to offer him a max deal. We have to dump Jeff Green and Brandon Bass though. PHI needs to sign guys to get up to the salary cap floor so I was hoping we could dump Bass on them (give them some 2nd rounder(s) - he's just an expiring so they could flip him at the deadline). DAL, ATL, CHA, DET, LAL, WAS (if Ariza leaves) could all absorb Jeff Green and all could use him. If BOS is willing to do a straight salary dump I imagine we could get one of those teams to bite. He only has one guaranteed year and then a player option.

If BOS could dump those guys I'd be happy to offer a max offer sheet to Hayward. I think he's an $11-12 million/year player but as an RFA you have to overpay by a little bit. I'd be willing to spend the extra few million on him. I wonder if Utah would really match a max though because that is an overpayment and they did just draft Hood.

Haywards deal would expire that same year as Hoods would if Boston made an offer. Both are signed for 4 years. I don't think the Jazz are dumb enough to let a player they have developed for 4 years, go for a guy that hasn't played one NBA game yet. On the Jazz, Minutes aren't given, they're earned.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Haywards deal would expire that same year as Hoods would if Boston made an offer. Both are signed for 4 years. I don't think the Jazz are dumb enough to let a player they have developed for 4 years, go for a guy that hasn't played one NBA game yet. On the Jazz, Minutes aren't given, they're earned.

Yeah but you don't give out a max contract just for the sake of not handing a rookie a job. The potential replacelment is undoubtebly a factor in consideration for the Jazz in determining whether or not to match a contract for Hayward. It's not as simple as "Hayward is expendable because we took Hood in the draft" but you consider who the replacement is if Hayward leaves. Having a relatively highly regarded prospect definitely changes the picture somewhat compared to if the Jazz didn't have any replacement on the roster. Again, not the deciding factor but one of them.

JNA17
07-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Offer that money to Parsons Suns. Hayward sucks and Parsons is a future all star.

mdm692
07-01-2014, 02:37 PM
That's a lot of money for Hayward. And they still need to resign Bledsoe.
lol. You do realize the Suns could sign Lebron outright and then Melo with a little of maneuvering then go over the cap to sign Bledsoe lol. Not saying it will happen but given the fact that we have 30 mill in cap space own Bledsoes bird rights we are in a fantastic position for the next 2-3 years

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 02:58 PM
lol. You do realize the Suns could sign Lebron outright and then Melo with a little of maneuvering then go over the cap to sign Bledsoe lol. Not saying it will happen but given the fact that we have 30 mill in cap space own Bledsoes bird rights we are in a fantastic position for the next 2-3 years

If they sign Hayward then they can only sign one of Lebron/Melo which means neither is coming (getting both is their only chance of getting one). Someone else is going to try and sign Bledsoe to a max it appears. If the Suns have to match that before using the rest of the cap, having Bledsoe's bird rights is irrelevant. Re-signing him would eat up the cap space before someone could use it. So they wouldn't have any cap space left over really. It's still not bad position because you have a lot of expirings next year and a good stable of young players. But is Hayward really worth giving up the major financial flexibility you guys have? I'm not so sure.

mdm692
07-01-2014, 03:51 PM
If they sign Hayward then they can only sign one of Lebron/Melo which means neither is coming (getting both is their only chance of getting one). Someone else is going to try and sign Bledsoe to a max it appears. If the Suns have to match that before using the rest of the cap, having Bledsoe's bird rights is irrelevant. Re-signing him would eat up the cap space before someone could use it. So they wouldn't have any cap space left over really. It's still not bad position because you have a lot of expirings next year and a good stable of young players. But is Hayward really worth giving up the major financial flexibility you guys have? I'm not so sure.

Even if a team maxes out Bledsoe before anything we still have about 13-14 mill without any other moves. I know how bird rights and cap work I'm just saying even if Bledsoe were to screw us and himself by signing an offer sheet without us getting any talent we still could get another max contract and some upgrades on the bench. I don't get why people say we should be "worried" about Bledsoe when we basically hold all the cards.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Even if a team maxes out Bledsoe before anything we still have about 13-14 mill without any other moves. I know how bird rights and cap work I'm just saying even if Bledsoe were to screw us and himself by signing an offer sheet without us getting any talent we still could get another max contract and some upgrades on the bench. I don't get why people say we should be "worried" about Bledsoe when we basically hold all the cards.

I was just talking about the post you quoted. All he said was that a max (or close to it) was a lot of money to give to Hayward. If you guys maxed (or close to it) Bledsoe after it that's going to use up just about all of the cap space you guys have. I'm not sure Hayward puts you guys over the top to use all the cap space on adding just him. If you guys sign him, I think you should have another player lined up too with the rest of the cap space. Then sign Bledsoe to a max. Hopefully he's smart enough to go along with that and not just rush to sign an offer sheet.

THE MTL
07-01-2014, 04:38 PM
I feel like Phoenix will be the new Sac kings from the early 2000s. They should be conserving this space for a bigger make player

KnicksorBust
07-01-2014, 07:21 PM
These are the type of deals that screw teams for years.

NBA_Starter
07-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Aren't the Jazz going to match any offer?