PDA

View Full Version : Mark Jackson, George Karl and Lionel Hollins candidates to replace Kidd

spreadeagle
06-29-2014, 03:42 PM
The Nets are reportedly done with Jason Kidd, after he unsuccessfully tried to gain more power within the organization and has a more executive gig lined up with the Milwaukee Bucks.

That means Kidd will need to be replaced as head coach, and rather than go with a first-timer once again, Brooklyn appears to be considering candidates with far more experience.

From Marc Stein and Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN.com:

Sources told ESPN.com on Saturday night that the name of former Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson has come up internally as a potential candidate to replace Kidd if he indeed leaves the Nets. Jackson was ousted by the Warriors in May after his own flap with ownership, and he famously defended Kidd’s decision to demote highly paid lead assistant Lawrence Frank. …

In addition, NBA coaching sources say the Nets are interested in veterans Lionel Hollins and George Karl, another ESPN analyst. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/29/report-mark-jackson-among-those-being-considered-to-replace-jason-kidd-as-nets-head-coach/

D-Leethal
06-29-2014, 03:43 PM
I like George Karl as a fit there, but if he complained about Melo's lack of energy and effort I can't even imagine what he would have to say about DWill.

IndyRealist
06-29-2014, 04:01 PM
I like George Karl as a fit there, but if he complained about Melo's lack of energy and effort I can't even imagine what he would have to say about DWill.

Going with Karl as well. His open court offense would be fantastic for virtually everyone on that team.

D-Leethal
06-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Going with Karl as well. His open court offense would be fantastic for virtually everyone on that team.

DWill probably needs a guy who won't be afraid to call him out and challenge him too. He's been way too coddled in BK and it sucked the life out of his game. Karl's experience and credibility would be good for that franchise.

IgglesFanInCO
06-29-2014, 04:53 PM
George Karl used to be a phenomenal coach

now if hes re-hired he will be the worst coach in the league by a large margin just like he was at the end of his tenure with the nuggets

anybody who hires him will regret it immensely, I promise you that

he can't draw up plays, he openly admitted he doesn't even coach defense, he can't coach ANY fundamentals, he not only can't develop players but hindered the development of the nuggets to a degree I didn't even know was possible, his lineups and minute distributions are embarrassing, and he couldn't lead a goddamn tee-ball team at this point in his career. He lost every last ounce of the fire that made him a good coach a decade ago.

That being said, please hire him nets, I really want to see that. The ensuing team implosion will be a sight to see for sure

FriedTofuz
06-29-2014, 09:35 PM
I'd go with Mark Jackson if I'm the Nets. He also wanted to coach that team last year.

FOXHOUND
06-29-2014, 09:55 PM
I would go with Jackson or Hollins, I think Iggles hit the nail on the head about Karl. Hollins may be a better fit with them because they are so veteran heavy. They don't need the ra-ra that Jackson brings, which is his best quality as a coach. Hollins will just bring his hard nosed attitude and would definitely get on DWill about how soft he has become.

NBA_Starter
06-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Hollins has to be the early leader in the clubhouse.

COOLbeans
06-29-2014, 10:32 PM
They should bring in Mark Jackson

kobe4thewinbang
06-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Hollins is good at defense. I think Jackson would do better with the Nets, though.

FlashBolt
06-30-2014, 01:59 AM
Perfect for Mark Jackson. I don't see how you don't choose him. He's a NY native who did fairly well with GSW. No idea why he was fired.. Clippers weren't exactly scrubs and they beat OKC IMO. He can work Williams into a new transition. Not sure about Garnett/Pierce/Livingston, but I can see them being a really good team with Mark Jackson. Also, I can't get over the fact that Joe/Deron make so much.. Jesus Christ.