PDA

View Full Version : D howard will not recruit free agents

1_team_1_dream
06-29-2014, 02:21 PM
The Houston Rockets are a team trying to free up some cap space to make a run at signing Lebron James but it appears that they’re going to have to do the heavy lifting without their most expensive and well-known player.

Dwight Howard was the talk of free agency last summer when he burned the Los Angeles Lakers and bolted to Houston for a fat free agent deal. He appears to be taking the summer off though and won’t be involved in any sort of free agency dealings, even if it helps land LeBron James in Houston.

Howard told USA TODAY that while he doesn’t hate LeBron or respect him any less than he deserves, he’s not going to break his back trying to get him to sign with the Houston Rockets this summer.

“A great man once told me that this is my plane, I fly it where I want to fly it, I’ll land it where I want to land it. I built it, and it doesn’t matter what anybody else thinks. If I want people on that plane, I’ll put them on there. If not, this is my plane. For ‘Melo and all of these other free agents, this is their plane. This is their time to fly wherever they want to fly. They can’t let anybody or anything get in the way of doing what’s best for them.”

Basically, Howard is saying that he’s not going to actively not recruit LeBron or drive him away, but he’s also not going to let his ego suffer at all this summer. Call it selfish or call it smart, Howard knows what he’s doing and it’s up to the basketball gods to decide if he’s in the right or not.

http://allucanheat.com/2014/06/28/dwight-howard-wont-recruit-lebron-james-houston-rockets/

chi-townlove1
06-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Cool story Dwight. Bye

1_team_1_dream
06-29-2014, 02:32 PM
The Houston Rockets are looking to make a big splash for the third consecutive offseason after landing guard James Harden in 2012 and center Dwight Howard in 2013.

They are expected to pursue both Miami Heat forward LeBron James and New York Knicks’ forward Carmelo Anthony. Anthony is willing to listen to what the Rockets have to say for one big reason.

According to Mitch Lawrence of The New York Daily News, Anthony is only meeting with the Rockets because of head coach Kevin McHale.

The Rockets are also in the Anthony sweepstakes because they cleared money by trading Omir Asik — with his near-$15 million for next season — to New Orleans on the eve of the draft and didn’t take back any salary. But they’ll still need to move Jeremy Lin, who is also due around $15 mil next season, to have the ability to get far enough under the cap to entice Anthony to a place no one really expects him to go to.

The Rockets are letting it be known that they’ll be able to move Lin lickety-split if Anthony commits, but they might not ever get to that stage.

“The only reason Carmelo will go to Houston to listen (to the Rockets) is because of Kevin McHale,” one source said. “If the coach wasn’t a top-50, all-time player or was a lesser-name coach, then Melo wouldn’t even visit there. But he’ll listen because it’s Kevin McHale.”

Anthony put up 27.4 points, 8.1 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game and shot 45.2% from the field, 40.2% from beyond the arc and 84.8% from the free throw line last season.
http://fansided.com/2014/06/28/nba-rumors-carmelo-anthony-meeting-rockets-kevin-mchale/#!5Z87e

chi-townlove1
06-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Even cooler story, bro.

Aust
06-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Sounds like Melo really doesn't want to be there.

Pakman
06-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Melo or LeBron are not going to Houston

Chavacano
06-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Uh, yeah. Sure.

ThuglifeJ
06-29-2014, 02:57 PM
"he doesn’t hate LeBron or respect him any less than he deserves"

Wait what?

Aust
06-29-2014, 03:01 PM
"he doesn’t hate LeBron or respect him any less than he deserves"

Wait what?

He doesn't dislike Lebron and him not trying to recruit James doesn't mean a thing when it comes to his respect for the guy. That is worded in kind of an odd way.

D-Leethal
06-29-2014, 03:02 PM
I think this is a pretty stand up thing to do. He had a tumultuous experience around his first free agency and doesn't want to contribute to that sort of thing for anyone else. Let them make the best decision for them, their families and be at peace with it without all the noise trying to influence and sway you in every other direction.

jerellh528
06-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Why he left the lakers. He wants to be the man, but really isn't capable of it. He's a second option.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-29-2014, 03:54 PM
wow!

On a serious note, I'm sure he's not viewed too highly among his camaraderie.

fishedz
06-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Meanwhile, he is busy recruiting high school chicks to his hotel room.

chi-townlove1
06-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Zingerrrr. *Rimshot* :clap: ^

king4day
06-29-2014, 06:04 PM
At the least, he could tell his story about leaving a big city to a smaller one he initially had no interest in (supposedly). If he has a chance to recruit, he needs to do it.

gatkins11
06-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Dwight wants to be "the" guy and Carmelo or LeBron (especially LeBron) would jeopardize that.

cssdmark
06-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Meanwhile, he is busy recruiting high school chicks to his hotel room.. He knows what is important. Lol.

Verbal Christ
06-29-2014, 07:16 PM
and as usual it turns into the PSD flame fest from butt hurt Laker fans.... grab the tissues.

MrfadeawayJB
06-29-2014, 07:22 PM
I figure he'd like having Someone else on the team to take the lions share of the criticism.

tr3ymill3r
06-29-2014, 07:29 PM
I don't think he wants to recruit guys that probably aren't coming here. It would just give the haters more fuel to throw on the Dwight fire if they turned down Dwight's pitch.

JJ_JKidd
06-29-2014, 08:30 PM
The Houston Rockets are a team trying to free up some cap space to make a run at signing Lebron James but it appears that they’re going to have to do the heavy lifting without their most expensive and well-known player.

Dwight Howard was the talk of free agency last summer when he burned the Los Angeles Lakers and bolted to Houston for a fat free agent deal. He appears to be taking the summer off though and won’t be involved in any sort of free agency dealings, even if it helps land LeBron James in Houston.

Howard told USA TODAY that while he doesn’t hate LeBron or respect him any less than he deserves, he’s not going to break his back trying to get him to sign with the Houston Rockets this summer.

“A great man once told me that this is my plane, I fly it where I want to fly it, I’ll land it where I want to land it. I built it, and it doesn’t matter what anybody else thinks. If I want people on that plane, I’ll put them on there. If not, this is my plane. For ‘Melo and all of these other free agents, this is their plane. This is their time to fly wherever they want to fly. They can’t let anybody or anything get in the way of doing what’s best for them.”

Basically, Howard is saying that he’s not going to actively not recruit LeBron or drive him away, but he’s also not going to let his ego suffer at all this summer. Call it selfish or call it smart, Howard knows what he’s doing and it’s up to the basketball gods to decide if he’s in the right or not.

http://allucanheat.com/2014/06/28/dwight-howard-wont-recruit-lebron-james-houston-rockets/

Good. No one wants to play with a primadonna.

kblo247
06-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Dwight wants to be "the" guy and Carmelo or LeBron (especially LeBron) would jeopardize that.
Can't risk what happened in la. He thought he would be the best player and Kobe outplayed his *** from opening tip, adapted, still outplayed him, and made him the second guy which had never happened to his fragile ego. Melo if motivated would do the same, and bet your *** he is lesser than LeBron.

He's fine leading Harden who is not a superstar but an all star, on a team all about fun

amos1er
06-29-2014, 09:18 PM
What a clown.

He can take his plane and fly it on over to Ringless Island where he belongs.

deaner
06-29-2014, 09:38 PM
He's focusing on recruiting for the junior rocket cheerleading team.

NBA_Starter
06-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Dwight only looks out for Dwight.

Xplicit
06-29-2014, 11:08 PM
better get Love via S/T Parsons, trade Lin then get decent back-ups...

Sssmush
06-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Melo or LeBron are not going to Houston

The thing no one is really saying is that Carmelo's grand free agent extravaganza is just Chicago and Houston being willing to sign him for a discount, the Lakers willing to take on a package of Melo and Lebron, and oh yeah New York wants to sign him for a discount.

Spoiler alert: Carmelo pribably ends up holding out into training camp to get a max deal from the knicks.

Sssmush
06-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah and Dwight who?

Forty6and2
06-30-2014, 12:29 AM
He is not recruiting these guys because he is not well liked. Howard is a poser.