PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report

FriedTofuz
06-27-2014, 08:16 PM
It's become a pet peeve of mine every time I see someone posting a rumor or reference to some news from the bleacher report. THe Bleacher report has NEVER been credible about any rumor or speculation unless it was extremely obvious or coincidental. They continue to regurgitate the same trash and it kills me to see people posting rumors from them. ANy other source that qoutes Bleacher report, (example HoopsHype saying " according to "bleacher report") should nto be posted as a reference to a rumor. To improve post quality on this forum, I think it would be very helpful to eliminate bleacher report links. IN fact, it should be put in the Forum's filter so no one can even access the bleacher report references to share with the rest of forum members because it's just full of garbage. /end vent.

Just to add on:

Rich bucher, a guy who works for BLeacher REport, tweeted a proposterous made up rumor about lowry going to the heat and bosh coming back to Toronto. The next day he said this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/482673707203428353

My deepest and sincere apologies. My report on Lowry and a S&T between the Raptors-Heat is wrong. I should've known better. I could not...

...be more embarrassed. I can't explain why someone would go the lengths "my source" did to set me up, but that's irrelevant. I allowed...

It just goes to show you how horrible BR is.

HYFR
06-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Plot twist: what if psd owns bleacher report?

FriedTofuz
06-27-2014, 08:22 PM
I think this thread deserves it's fair chance to stay up, considering how there are threads that are talking about wiggins saying " you know" many times during a conference, which doesnt really promote discussion about basketball.

JeffG20
06-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Or, we can let people make up their own mind if they want to believe something or not. I have more of an issue with someone saying what we should or shouldn't do rather then leaving it up to the individual to decide. Does improving forum discussion mean making numerous threads on the same topic after your first one gets locked?

king4day
06-27-2014, 08:38 PM
I'll leave it open and we'll see how it does. I asked other mods to chime in also and if others don't care then so be it.

Bucher made a mistake and admitted it. It happens. Imagine how many expert sources who were wrong admitted their mistakes.
Bleacher Report has actual reporters though which is why it will never be blocked. Other sites just post links to news. They don't get credit for their articles when people post that sites link instead.

FriedTofuz
06-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Or, we can let people make up their own mind if they want to believe something or not. I have more of an issue with someone saying what we should or shouldn't do rather then leaving it up to the individual to decide. Does improving forum discussion mean making numerous threads on the same topic after your first one gets locked?

That's the thing, people are actually believing it and with a couple people promoting on that idea, it leads to more ignorance. I think many people are just not too aware of bleacher report and doenst know much about the status of that company.

bledrules
06-27-2014, 08:49 PM
I think this thread deserves it's fair chance to stay up, considering how there are threads that are talking about wiggins saying " you know" many times during a conference, which doesnt really promote discussion about basketball.

Although Saying "You know" doesn't mean much to basketball it does show the avg IQ of a player

Raps_93
06-27-2014, 08:51 PM
I concur. Bleacher Report is trash with articles written by bunch of nobody's who don't know anything about half the teams. All I see from there are stupid opinion pieces with half the info wrong.

Wade n Fade
06-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Okay, not everyone on BR is irrelevant and makes up rumors. Most do, but Ethan J Skolnick is a decent writer and a reliable Heat source.

FriedTofuz
06-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Although Saying "You know" doesn't mean much to basketball it does show the avg IQ of a player

Not necessarily.Someone could be socially awkward and constantly repeat the same thing. THe only thing that can show the IQ of a player ( legitimately) is if they get a IQ test based on the Welscher Scales which accesses their verbal and non-verbal abilities and an overall index score. Way to be so critical of wiggins and his iq haha

smith&wesson
06-27-2014, 09:06 PM

that's Toronto, we say "you know?" instead of saying "you know what I'm saying?" I don't see how that shows any ones iq, its just short form. lol

ACanadian
06-27-2014, 09:52 PM
It's just a short form, you know?

Avenged
06-27-2014, 10:14 PM
My pet peeve is when people recreate threads that were locked. In other words, who really cares..

Raps18-19 Champ
06-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Geeze. It was a mistake. Move on.

bucketss
06-27-2014, 10:20 PM
that's Toronto, we say "you know?" instead of saying "you know what I'm saying?" I don't see how that shows any ones iq, its just short form. lol

tell em fam.......

0nekhmer
06-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Bleacher report was never a credible source. It's content is made by bloggers, not actual paid analysts or reporters. Even though they've recently improved their articles, they're like the Wikipedia of basketball. Gets the facts somewhat in, from random sources.

JNA17
06-27-2014, 10:26 PM
We should have a banned site list so that whenever we post a rumor thread or something along those lines, make sure we have a thread reminder that if it comes from the site Bleacher report, the thread gets closed as it has proven time and time again to be fake news and unreliable.

If this site for some reason tries to prevent us from saying or linking Real GM, why can't we do the same for Bleacher Report?

cmellofan15
06-27-2014, 10:27 PM

Why do that when you can be irrational?

WadeCounty
06-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Nvm.

goingfor28
06-27-2014, 10:45 PM
TMZ broke the DTS news lol and look how well that ended up lol

FriedTofuz
06-28-2014, 12:02 AM
My pet peeve is when people recreate threads that were locked. In other words, who really cares..

I actually talked to the mod after it was locked to just explain the cause of the thread, it wasnt as if I just relentless re-opened another just because it was closed. I felt like it just needed a fair shake and wanted to gather the opinions of other people. Is that so bad?

I think you might not be seeing this properly. For years, many years I've always seen BS stuff posted on BR, and this was just a relevant example to support my opinion.

FriedTofuz
06-28-2014, 12:06 AM

We should have a banned site list so that whenever we post a rumor thread or something along those lines, make sure we have a thread reminder that if it comes from the site Bleacher report, the thread gets closed as it has proven time and time again to be fake news and unreliable.

If this site for some reason tries to prevent us from saying or linking Real GM, why can't we do the same for Bleacher Report?

This is exactly what I was suggesting. Thank you for having a brain my brotha!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-28-2014, 12:09 AM
I think you might not be seeing this properly. For years, many years I've always seen BS stuff posted on BR, and this was just a relevant example to support my opinion.

I've seen many other sites report things that aren't even real.

Does BR suck? Of course. It's not the end of the world that there was a thread made on a BR article.

PurpleJesus
06-28-2014, 12:30 AM
Its been known for a long time, and has become a common phrase, that "Bleacher Report is the Wikipedia," of sports journalism...and essentially it is. But that doesnt mean it is useless, just like wikipedia isnt useless. If you need some quick information on something, bleacher report, as well as wikipedia are a good place to go.

metswon69
06-28-2014, 12:47 AM
There was no need to re-post this thread if it was closed the first time. We'll have a decision on when and if this thread should be re-opened at some point but for now do not re-post it a 3rd time.