PDA

View Full Version : Who was the biggest steal of the draft?

QueensG_718
06-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Not to be biased but I feel the knicks got the biggest steal. Cleanthony Early was a steal at 34 in my opinion. He was a projected first rounder if I'm not mistaken.

nyyfan4life
06-27-2014, 01:50 PM
I liked the Clint Capella pick for the Rockets and the Kyle Anderson pick for San Antonio. I think Capella can be a defensive anchor once he has physically matured and developed. Kyle Anderson can shoot the three and pass the ball, the Spurs will find the perfect role for him and he will become a productive player.

Aust
06-27-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm guessing there were a bunch of projected 1st rounders that got picked in the 2nd. The Lakers picked a PG at 46 who was projected to be in the 20's

Htownballa1622
06-27-2014, 02:02 PM
*Insert your favorite team's draftee*

Idk much about the draft so I'll got Wiggins since I feel the Cavs shouldn't have gotten the first pick anyway.

Not a steal but i'm very pleased with the Rox 1st and second pics. The 3rd Idk anything about.

NYKNYGNYY
06-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Hey I got a question anybody play 2k14 live? If I go online will the rosters be updated with the draft picks n trades?

NYKNYGNYY
06-27-2014, 02:09 PM
N Shabaz Napier goin to the heat

hugepatsfan
06-27-2014, 02:10 PM
I really like Kyle Anderson to the Spurs. I think he can replicate some of what Diaw brings to them. I think Diaw will be brough back for another year so he won't have to play right away either.

NYKNYGNYY
06-27-2014, 02:11 PM
*Insert your favorite team's draftee*

Idk much about the draft so I'll got Wiggins since I feel the Cavs shouldn't have gotten the first pick anyway.

Not a steal but i'm very pleased with the Rox 1st and second pics. The 3rd Idk anything about.

Idk if I read the OP wrong but how can the first overall pick be a steal???

Htownballa1622
06-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Idk if I read the OP wrong but how can the first overall pick be a steal???

It's not the prototypical steal but i'm saying because I think they shouldn't have gotten the first pick therefore they got a steal.

Lol. Weird I know.

slaker619
06-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Napier to the #Heat really needed him

b_russ
06-27-2014, 02:18 PM
The Nuggets with Gary Harris

goingfor28
06-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Hey I got a question anybody play 2k14 live? If I go online will the rosters be updated with the draft picks n trades?
No

king4day
06-27-2014, 02:22 PM
I think Vonleh to Charlotte, Anderson to the Spurs, and Early to NYK.

IgglesFanInCO
06-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Early was a great pick but definitely not the biggest steal

what are we basing this off of? where they were projected in mocks? gut feelings?

If its by where people were projected than the biggest steals were Vonleh, Napier, Harris, and Anderson. But there are reasons those guys fell (the biggest one being 99.9% of mock drafters are no more educated than the average fan).

Off gut feeling I think Capela and Dinwiddie are going to be huge steals. The homer in me absolutely LOVES Jusuf Nurkic(although not ALL homer since he was my top choice the whole way while the nuggets were picking at 11, getting him at 16 is just a bonus).

IMO the biggest steals end up being the guys who wind up in the right place, which is hard to predict

futureman
06-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Dante Exum at 5.

KobeOwnSU
06-27-2014, 02:23 PM
The Grizzlies getting Jordan Adams...I believe he is one of the most well rounded guards in the draft and will start for them at the 2 this season.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Brunooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

WITZ
06-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Brunooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Was just coming in to say this. Years from now Bruno will be the one laughing :laugh2:

Dade County
06-27-2014, 03:13 PM
kobe drafted by charlotte
Shabazz drafted by charlotte

lol

JCSchwa
06-27-2014, 04:24 PM
*PJ Hairston*

QueensG_718
06-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Shabaaz Napier was a steal too..just what Miami needs if everyone stays there.

Jint.
06-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Early.. Not a homer

Jets012
06-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Can't wait to see Kyle Anderson possibly become an All-Star. Guy has huge potential and the fact that someone like Pop gets to coach him up is a joke.

Seriously dude is a beast. I've followed him since High School, he's awesome.

Aust
06-27-2014, 05:28 PM
It's not the prototypical steal but i'm saying because I think they shouldn't have gotten the first pick therefore they got a steal.

Lol. Weird I know.

I agree with this. I consider it a steal too.

Hotone1401
06-27-2014, 05:29 PM
Napier to the Heat and Smart to Boston. I think Smart is going to be the best player out of this draft. There's no one in this draft who's more competitive or tenacious on defense.

hugepatsfan
06-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Napier to the Heat and Smart to Boston. I think Smart is going to be the best player out of this draft. There's no one in this draft who's more competitive or tenacious on defense.

Yeah I really love Smart's defensive game. Particularly if he's paired with Avery Bradley in the back court. That's going to be hell on opposing teams. I don't agree with you about him being the best player in the class but I do like his potential. I just hope we either trade Rondo or let him walk after the season so Smart's development isn't stunted.

cheetos185
06-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Half of the draft went to Philly they might need 2-3 more D-league teams to keep them lol.

DillyDill
06-27-2014, 05:50 PM
A lot of bigtime steals Noah, shabazz, early, Kyle, Greek the freak part 2

OKC
06-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Hood, Bazz, Early,Jeremy Grant, Kyle Anderson, not Mitch McGary, not Josh Huestis

BenFrank
06-27-2014, 05:58 PM
#HomerPick

Nick Johnson..

I thought he had 1st Rd talent, may not be the biggest steal.. but still on the Radar

ChitownSports16
06-27-2014, 06:16 PM
I'll let ya know at the end of the season.

Odominator
06-27-2014, 06:47 PM
I think when Embiid is healthy, he will make the cave regret....

tp13baby
06-27-2014, 07:25 PM
I really like Kyle Anderson to the Spurs. I think he can replicate some of what Diaw brings to them. I think Diaw will be brough back for another year so he won't have to play right away either.

The only reason I like that is cause he went to the Spurs. I think he has bust written all over him though. I told everyone in the Nuggets forum that.

Lake_Show2416
06-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Julius Randle

somewhat of a homer pick but I liked him as the 4th best prospect in this class after the players that went 1-3

Riodagoat
06-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Napier and Kyle Anderson

Lo Porto
06-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Exum was a top 4 player in a draft where there were 4 elite franchise player type talents. Utah getting him at 5 is the biggest steal of the draft.

TylerSL
06-27-2014, 08:07 PM
This draft had a lot of steals, Anderson to San Antonio comes to mind, as well as Early to New York. I also think Glenn Robinson III to Minnesota will be a good pick and McDermott in Chicago too. This draft was just so good as first round talent was going in the mid second round. But for the BIGGEST steal, I gotta go with Napier to Miami, I think that's a big time move. Call me a homer, but I think Napier will surprise a lot of people next year.

Melo15
06-27-2014, 08:17 PM
This draft had a lot of steals, Anderson to San Antonio comes to mind, as well as Early to New York. I also think Glenn Robinson III to Minnesota will be a good pick and McDermott in Chicago too. This draft was just so good as first round talent was going in the mid second round. But for the BIGGEST steal, I gotta go with Napier to Miami, I think that's a big time move. Call me a homer, but I think Napier will surprise a lot of people next year.

I'm absolutely shocked you think the Miami pick was the biggest steal of the night...........

Lake_Show2416
06-27-2014, 08:40 PM
BovadaLV (Vegas odds) for R.O.Y

Jabari Parker - 5/1
Andrew Wiggins - 11/2
Julius Randle - 9/1
Nerlens Noel - 9/1

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Yo boy randle, like he said, every team that passed on him will regret it. Yes I'm a homer

Mochalman
06-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Kyle Anderson for the Spurs.

Hawkamania
06-27-2014, 09:04 PM

Those are my picks as well.

deaner
06-27-2014, 09:12 PM
As a raps fan this out of the blue Bruno kid is very intriguing but only time will tell.

Biggest steal of the draft for me happened at the lottery. There must be something done about Cleveland getting all these post Lebron number ones. If it's the wheel... So be it.

torocan
06-27-2014, 10:01 PM

Was thinking this plus Capela. I think Capela will turn out to be better than a lot of the non-lottery first rounders.

goingfor28
06-27-2014, 10:35 PM
*PJ Hairston*
His talent is definitely higher than a #26 pick, no doubt.

Mr.B
06-28-2014, 12:01 AM
People that get excited about the draft trip me out. No matter how good the guy is it is going to take 2 or 3 years before the guy is any good. And don't tell me Labron did it. That dude is from another planet.

JasonJohnHorn
06-28-2014, 12:34 AM

I'm a big fan of this one too. Cautiously optimistic. But I had a feeling when I saw him dropping that the Spurs were going to pick him up.

omdigga
06-28-2014, 03:56 AM
i agree with most on here... I think the biggest steals were

1. Napier
2. Kyle Anderson
3. PJ Hairston

PartyPoison15
06-28-2014, 04:16 AM
People that get excited about the draft trip me out. No matter how good the guy is it is going to take 2 or 3 years before the guy is any good. And don't tell me Labron did it. That dude is from another planet.

It wasn't just LeBron that year that made an immediate impact.

Carmelo Anthony should of won Rookie of the Year that season.

amos1er
06-28-2014, 05:04 AM
Not to be biased but I feel the knicks got the biggest steal. Cleanthony Early was a steal at 34 in my opinion. He was a projected first rounder if I'm not mistaken.

We won't know until the season starts and we can actually see them play.

PraiseJesus
06-28-2014, 05:40 AM
the biggest dud of the draft is probably Gordon at 4 or Smart at 6

Why in the world would teams draft those guys with all the good players available...

Maybe it's just me, but I despise guards that shoot %42 or lower... PASS!

superkegger
06-28-2014, 02:25 PM
How can anyone have any idea who was a "steal" when they've not played a single minute? If a guy was drafted mid 2nd round, and considered to be a good talent and fell for whatever reasons, how can you call him a steal now, when he may still suck when he actually gets on the court?

Sssmush
06-29-2014, 04:57 AM
Randle at 7 to the Lakers and Vonleh to New Orleans are both pretty epic.

I think there are also some other good value picks in the 2nd round and late 1st round. I don't know exactly which is the best steal, but it seems like a lot of legit NBA talent got pushed downward in the draft because of a lot of teams picking project/potential type guys early (Wiggins/Embiid etc) as well as guys like Saric where the pick would clearly have been better used elsewhere. I also thought the Knicks made a weird/wasted 2nd rounder also with a Greek project player who won't be available for 1-2 years or whatever.

San Antonio always seems to have the right idea, but Vonleh going to New Orleans to pair with Davis is pretty epic for them. He should've gone ahead of at least 4 or 5 guys who got picked ahead of him, and I'd also say that it's hard to see how Randle didn't go top 3. The Randle pick really worked out for the Lakers, and I'm sure they would've been *almost* as happy with Vonleh but Randle seems to be 100% ready to roll right now. I have no idea how Wiggins will look next year, he seems very young. I don't foresee him being a Griffin/Anfernee Hardaway/Tracy McGrady just highlight reel on day 1 type of guy, but who knows. Exum, who knows. Embiid, maybe we see him in 2015, who knows. Aaron Gordon, *eh*, interesting player but not a Blake Griffin probably and not likely to dominate in the NBA just yet without a lot of work. Jabari Parker I could see making a lot of jumpshots, but don't expect him to be an MVP caliber beast like Kevin Durant on offense any time soon.

but what do I know

DR_1
06-29-2014, 09:16 AM
I really liked Charlotte getting Vonleh. They now have a complete 1-5.

Miltstar
06-29-2014, 09:38 AM
The Brazilian KD without question

theducksmuggler
06-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Randle at 7 to the Lakers and Vonleh to New Orleans are both pretty epic.

I think there are also some other good value picks in the 2nd round and late 1st round. I don't know exactly which is the best steal, but it seems like a lot of legit NBA talent got pushed downward in the draft because of a lot of teams picking project/potential type guys early (Wiggins/Embiid etc) as well as guys like Saric where the pick would clearly have been better used elsewhere. I also thought the Knicks made a weird/wasted 2nd rounder also with a Greek project player who won't be available for 1-2 years or whatever.

San Antonio always seems to have the right idea, but Vonleh going to New Orleans to pair with Davis is pretty epic for them. He should've gone ahead of at least 4 or 5 guys who got picked ahead of him, and I'd also say that it's hard to see how Randle didn't go top 3. The Randle pick really worked out for the Lakers, and I'm sure they would've been *almost* as happy with Vonleh but Randle seems to be 100% ready to roll right now. I have no idea how Wiggins will look next year, he seems very young. I don't foresee him being a Griffin/Anfernee Hardaway/Tracy McGrady just highlight reel on day 1 type of guy, but who knows. Exum, who knows. Embiid, maybe we see him in 2015, who knows. Aaron Gordon, *eh*, interesting player but not a Blake Griffin probably and not likely to dominate in the NBA just yet without a lot of work. Jabari Parker I could see making a lot of jumpshots, but don't expect him to be an MVP caliber beast like Kevin Durant on offense any time soon.

but what do I know

He got drafted by the Charlotte Hornets not New Orleans Pelicans...he will be next to Al Jefferson not Anthony Davis

Kashmir13579
06-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Jerami Grant goes in the first round any other year

topdog
06-29-2014, 10:59 PM
Glen Robinson III. Of course I am a Wolves fan but I'm hearing these other names in the draft that Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose are talking about "Why hasn't anyone taken Cleanthony Early yet" and I'm thinking wasn't GR3 projected somewhere between 14 and 20 both this year and last? Classic devaluing of a sophomore imo.