PDA

View Full Version : Bleecher Report's 2011 Railing of the Spurs Front office: Funny stuff

JasonJohnHorn
06-27-2014, 12:31 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/751849-nba-draft-results-2011-was-dealing-george-hill-san-antonios-worst-error-ever

I was just looking up the Spurs' trade history for another thread, and I came across this.

They listed the second WORST trade in Spurs history as moving George Hill for Leonard. I gotta say if the second worst move your franchise ever made is trading a back-up point guard for a Finals MVP, the you franchise is in pretty good fawking shape.

It's kind of funny look back at how people perceived certain trades shortly after they happened.

jaydubb
06-27-2014, 12:33 PM
Another good reason why NOT to read bleacher report. :shrug:

goingfor28
06-27-2014, 12:43 PM
I could write an article staying the clippers are the greatest franchise in nba history and it would be published and read by anyone and everyone.
BR has zeeeero cred - including Ric Bucher lol

raiderposting
06-27-2014, 12:55 PM
I could write an article staying the clippers are the greatest franchise in nba history and it would be published and read by anyone and everyone.
BR has zeeeero cred - including Ric Bucher lol

Naw random ppl can't make articles on bleacher report anymore. I had made one on the raiders when I was like 16 lol

SoFreshNsoClean
06-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Big deal George hill is a solid player and nearly made it to the finals himself. I doubt this thread would have been made had Ibaka been healthy and Spurs get bounced in the WCF.

goingfor28
06-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Naw random ppl can't make articles on bleacher report anymore. I had made one on the raiders when I was like 16 lol
Aw man really? That's no fun lol

Thumper 88
06-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Big deal George hill is a solid player and nearly made it to the finals himself. I doubt this thread would have been made had Ibaka been healthy and Spurs get bounced in the WCF.

Spurs were not going to lose to the thunder

ManRam
06-27-2014, 01:36 PM
B-R has gotten better. They have some respectable guys there and there isn't just swarms of random people publishing random articles. They have some credibility now...and have legitamately tried to earn credibility. But yeah, years ago it was just a cesspool of dumb articles written by anyone who could pass a 6th grade spelling quiz.

If anything, it just goes to show that patience when evaluating trades/draft picks is the only "right" way to go about it.

JasonJohnHorn
06-27-2014, 06:06 PM

I doubt this post would have been made if Ibaka was healthy and the Spurs still made it to the finals. Did you notice the Spurs won two games with a healthy Ibaka? One in OKC?

What is your point now?

kingsdelez24
06-27-2014, 11:57 PM
B-R has gotten better. They have some respectable guys there and there isn't just swarms of random people publishing random articles. They have some credibility now...and have legitamately tried to earn credibility. But yeah, years ago it was just a cesspool of dumb articles written by anyone who could pass a 6th grade spelling quiz.

If anything, it just goes to show that patience when evaluating trades/draft picks is the only "right" way to go about it.

This

Alan Shore
06-28-2014, 03:34 AM
B-R is much better nowadays than it was in 2011, but still it's like a glorified fan forum.

Predicting in sports, especially predicting young prospect's future is totally pointless. But they need stuff to write about, so they do it at the cost of looking like an idiot.