PDA

View Full Version : Afflalo to Denver for Fournier, 56th pick

InRoseWeTrust
06-26-2014, 11:23 AM
"The Magic have agreed to send Arron Afflalo to the Nuggets for Evan Fournier and the No. 56 pick, league sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports (on Twitter). The Nuggets appear to be absorbing Afflalo into a trade exception, Zach Lowe of Grantland tweets. A quick glance at this summerís outstanding trade exceptions would indicate that Denver is using the $9.868MM exception from the Andre Iguodala deal to take on Afflalo.

Afflalo is set to earn $7.56MM this season and has a player option for 2015/16 at $7.75MM, but it seems likely that heíll opt out, effectively making his deal an expiring contract."

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/06/nuggets-acquire-afflalo.html

bulls_world23
06-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Orlando has agreed to send Arron Afflalo to Denver for Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Twitter @WojYahooNBA - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.d6nk12KL.dpuf

:mad:

RLundi
06-26-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't think a single person is happy about this other than Nuggets fans lol.

RLundi
06-26-2014, 11:26 AM
:confused:

Method28
06-26-2014, 11:28 AM
God damn it.

bulls_world23
06-26-2014, 11:29 AM
We should have gotten him.. sigh

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2014, 11:30 AM
Magic got raped in this trade

NYKnickFanatic
Was expecting Orlando to get more back than that...

Why would they do this trade? Maybe someone can enlighten me a bit. Thanks.

GiantsSwaGG
We should have gotten him.. sigh

This definitely hurts your chances of trading and creating cap space for Melo

NYKnickFanatic
06-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Lawson
Afflalo
Gallo
Faried
McGee/Mozgov?

Love it for Denver.

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Lawson
Afflalo
Gallo
Faried
McGee/Mozgov?

Love it for Denver.

Basically 2011 all over again

ManRam
06-26-2014, 11:33 AM
I mean, in hindsight Afflalo's value shouldn't, and clearly wasn't, as high as some felt. I don't doubt Hennigan did his due diligence. I always said I'd be stunned if he landed us a top-13 pick, but this is definitely a tad bit less than I expected. All depends on how Fournier pans out. If that shot can develop than it could be a solid addition to this team...a team that is completely devoid of shooting. Maybe he's flipped tonight too. A team with a high pick could view a young player with a cheap contract to be slightly more valuable than Afflalo.

Either way, I considered Afflalo's departure inevitable and was at the point where he was all but a "throw-in" to me. We can move on. We dump his salary and Oladipo now has that SG spot 100% to himself.

goingfor28
Absolute STEAL for Denver.

bulls_world23

Maybe, Maybe not. Should be a fun night

True Sports Fan
06-26-2014, 11:37 AM
The **** Is this ****.

NYKnickFanatic
06-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Chandler, Faried, Afflalo and the 11th pick for Kevin Love?

mudvayne387
06-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Lawson
Afflalo
Gallo If he can stay healthy
Faried If they don't trade him
McGee/Mozgov? If he can get his **** together

Love it for Denver.

But yes, should be a very entertaining team to watch at least ...

RLundi
06-26-2014, 11:46 AM
The **** Is this ****.

:laugh2:

Xplicit
06-26-2014, 11:47 AM
what? and why Orlando do this...

IgglesFanInCO
06-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Just to console the upset magic fans, I am absoultely POSITIVE Fournier will be a lot better than you guys think he will be, but Im still happy to have Afflalo back

hes instantly my second favorite nugget behind Ty

This also shows just how bad the nuggets ****ed up in the iguodala trade.

They traded Evan Fournier, and the 12th and 56th picks this year for 1 year of Andre "the mole" Iguodala and Randy Foye :mad: worst FO move they have made since Ive been a fan quite easily

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Sports Whispers @SportsWhispers ∑ Jun 25

Danilo Gallinari is on the trading block. #Nuggets

Looks like Nuggets shuffling the deck.

Sadds The Gr8
06-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Thought Orlando would get a 1st for him

Muttman73
06-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Wtf?

lvlheaded
06-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Really? That's it?

*Superman*
Was expecting Orlando to get more back than that...

Why would they do this trade? Maybe someone can enlighten me a bit. Thanks.

A lot of people it seems are saying there were better deals, but this gives us some cap space. This could just be a prior deal to follow something up. At least I'm holding out hope for that.

True Sports Fan
The **** Is this ****.

:laugh2:

Kings were reportedly offering 8th for 12th and Afflalo. Just don't get it unless Orlando thought it wasn't worth moving up 4 spots and/or rumor had no legs.

nycericanguy
06-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Don't get this either... they must be reallllllllllly high on Evan.

I mean, you're telling me CHI wouldn't give up the #16 or 19 for AAA? At the very least?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Us magic fans are just hoping this is the start of something bigger

But hey we all did the same thing when redick was traded for a bunch of nobodies but those nobodies turned out to be Tobias Harris so I have faith in henny. Maybe fournier is another gem for all.we know

RLundi
06-26-2014, 12:01 PM

I mean, you're telling me CHI wouldn't give up the #16 or 19 for AAA? At the very least?

A Magic insider reported they've been high on him since 2012 but they took Andrew Nicholson at 19 instead.

My only justification at this point is that Fournier is somewhat proven and provides more of an assurance than whoever we drafted with Chicago's 16th/19th. On that level, I guess I get it.

But if the offer for Charlotte's 9th was legit, I don't understand why that wasn't taken tbh.

OKC
06-26-2014, 12:05 PM
This trade is mostly about money but I really like Fournier.
good trade for both teams even though magic could have gotten more for AA.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 12:07 PM
I'm still a little excited to see what his kid can do. A lot of things Magic fans have in Rob is trust. Made out great in the Dwight Howard trade, pawned an expiring JJ Reddick for Tobias Harris. Rob Hennigan just adding his Manu now. No big deal.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Kings were reportedly offering 8th for 12th and Afflalo. Just don't get it unless Orlando thought it wasn't worth moving up 4 spots and/or rumor had no legs.

That's the thing. We're hearing from everywhere now that all the talks between Orlando and Cleveland never had any legs. How do we know those rumors were legit either? I'm SURE the Magic did their due diligence here. They've been shopping Arron for a long long time. Maybe his value was truly much less than we as fans think. He is a rental. And while he's a good offensive player he's not a good defender and he's not anything more than a 3rd/4th option. Why people expected a lottery pick for that is beyond me.

nycericanguy
06-26-2014, 12:09 PM
That's the thing. We're hearing from everywhere now that all the talks between Orlando and Cleveland never had any legs. How do we know those rumors were legit either? I'm SURE the Magic did their due diligence here. They've been shopping Arron for a long long time. Maybe his value was truly much less than we as fans think. He is a rental. And while he's a good offensive player he's not a good defender and he's not anything more than a 3rd/4th option. Why people expected a lottery pick for that is beyond me.

Or maybe ORL is just being cheap and didn't want to tale salary back?

I can't imagine CHI wouldn't at least trade the #16 for AAA... and in this draft that has tons more value than Evan...

And i'm not sure he's a rental here either, a full year on his contract and I'm sure he can be reasonable resigned.

Man at that price I'm kinda mad NY didn't offer SHump and the #51 for him.

RipCity32
06-26-2014, 12:09 PM
WTF are the Magic thinking on that one

DR_1
06-26-2014, 12:10 PM
I am baffled at how little Orlando got back. Why didn't the Bulls get in on this?

hugepatsfan
06-26-2014, 12:15 PM

If Flip Saunders takes that deal he's absolutely killing any long term potential MIN has. They won't be a playoff team in the West but they'll be one of the last teams out every year. It's a shame for MIN that Flip has his own interest at heart instead of the franchise.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2014, 12:15 PM
Fournier when given consistent minutes is decent. Also on rookie contract yet.

Crackadalic
06-26-2014, 12:16 PM
So it took basically a 2nd rounder to get afflalo

ManRam
06-26-2014, 12:17 PM
If the Magic make the obvious cuts (including Nelson...who I don't think is actually obvious), they'll be sitting at 33.5M in salary (including picks, including Harrington/Davis' dead money). That's insanely low.

To put it in other words...if they do cut Nelson, the highest paid player for the team will be Oladipo who's making under $5M. The next highest salary will be the #4 pick. Hahaha

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 12:19 PM
If the Magic make the obvious cuts (including Nelson...who I don't think is actually obvious), they'll be sitting at 33.5M in salary (including picks, including Harrington/Davis' dead money). That's insanely low.

To put it in other words...if they do cut Nelson, the highest paid player for the team will be Oladipo who's making under $5M. The next highest salary will be the #4 pick. Hahaha

Lets get this puppy ready to add both Boozer and Nash (and the picks that come with them of course). :D

GeronimoSon
06-26-2014, 12:19 PM
I am baffled at how little Orlando got back. Why didn't the Bulls get in on this?
The Magic got a bench guy (better if he's improved), a late 2nd round pick in one of the deepest drafts in memory and cleared over $ 6 MM in salary cap for a guy they wanted gone anyway.. I guess they could have done worse..

ManRam
06-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Lets get this puppy ready to add both Boozer and Nash (and the picks that come with them of course). :D

I was shooting down Boozer trades left and right earlier, but that's mainly because Bulls fans were more or less treating him like he had value. If they purely want to dump his salary by giving us a pick too...I'm all for it. But there's no reason for the Magic to take him unless they get something out of it. That's a lot of money.

Hawkamania
06-26-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm a Knicks fan but looking at how Hennigan's deals have resulted in the end thus far, I'd say no mo matter how much any one may want to question him, he usually proves to know what he's doing.

THE MTL
06-26-2014, 12:22 PM
It looks like a rape but you know what Im not going to doubt Orlando. Because they absolutely raped Lakers, Sixers, and Nuggets in the Howard trade. I like how none of Bynum, Howard, and Iggy stayed with those teams.

O_Touro
06-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Omg

HandsOnTheWheel
06-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Dead giveaway.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 12:28 PM
I'm a Knicks fan but looking at how Hennigan's deals have resulted in the end thus far, I'd say no mo matter how much any one may want to question him, he usually proves to know what he's doing.

He's been a Fournier fan for a while now, apparently. I'm not sure this is as shocking as the JJ trade, but a lot of people blasted that one too for the Magic. Harris has certainly played well-enough to make that trade more than worth it, especially since -- like Afflalo -- Redick wasn't staying long term.

Doesn't look like fair value now. But if you factor in the money it's a little better. And really, in the end, it all depends on how well Fournier plays and how much he grows. For all he know, he could turn into a good little player.

nycericanguy
06-26-2014, 12:29 PM
I was shooting down Boozer trades left and right earlier, but that's mainly because Bulls fans were more or less treating him like he had value. If they purely want to dump his salary by giving us a pick too...I'm all for it. But there's no reason for the Magic to take him unless they get something out of it. That's a lot of money.

How about Amare going back home?

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 12:31 PM

It looks like a rape but you know what Im not going to doubt Orlando. Because they absolutely raped Lakers, Sixers, and Nuggets in the Howard trade. I like how none of Bynum, Howard, and Iggy stayed with those teams.

:clap:

Us Magic fans have a lot of trust in what Rob does. If he likes Fournier, I feel pretty optimistic about the guy as well. A lot of us also had the initial "WTF" reaction, but that happens when you hear rumors about getting a #9 pick for a guy. Turns out that just wasn't the case. Also there is still some hope there can be some kind of follow up deal because of this.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 12:34 PM

Of course, all I'd be after is those picks. If they want their respective salary to add guys like Melo or LeBron, it would be worth it IMO.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 12:35 PM

Nah, you're stuck with that one buddy. No assets besides Shumpert, which doesn't make sense after adding Fournier.

Goose17
06-26-2014, 12:36 PM
lol... dubs were going to give them Lee and Barnes for Afflalo and a youngster at one point... or so the rumours said.

IgglesFanInCO
06-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Like I said before, Fournier will suprise a lot of people, be excited about him Magic fans, I still love the trade but Fournier was definitely a guy I had really high hopes for.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 12:38 PM

Edit: nevermind

NYKnickFanatic
06-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Edit: nevermind

He's a free agent next year.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 12:42 PM
lol... dubs were going to give them Lee and Barnes for Afflalo and a youngster at one point... or so the rumours said.

I mean, I'd do Afflalo for Barnes. But considering where we are in this rebuild I want absolutely no part of David Lee whatsoever. Talent-wise that package is obviously far superior. But I'd rather keep the financial flexibility more so than anything. Getting Lee would sacrifice that...and he's just a brutal fit next to Vucevic anyways.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 12:43 PM
He's a free agent next year.

Yeah. I misread the chart I was looking at. Didn't ninja-edit quick enough.

$23.4 million this year is A LOT of money. What would you attach to it to sweaten the deal? Odds are, I don't think it would be enough. Remember, we just finished paying Gil a **** ton of money NOT to play for us. I'm sure the ownership is happy to not have an inflated contract on the roster.

MiamiBoy77
06-26-2014, 12:46 PM
afflalo wasnt in the long term plans. Harris is their long term 3, Oladipo is the 2. If they get Exum, Vonleh, or Randle tonight they will be in a really solid position to be improved this upcoming year with all their cap room.

Fournier fits in as a legit shooter coming off the bench, something the Magic desperately needed this year. They may have gotten less than something people may have thought, but I think they are very happy with it.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Like I said before, Fournier will suprise a lot of people, be excited about him Magic fans, I still love the trade but Fournier was definitely a guy I had really high hopes for.

Trying to YouTube him to get a feel of his game. I do like what I see. He can shoot, make plays and still finds a way to the basket. Almost looks like a Parsons lite.

mudvayne387
06-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Nah, you're stuck with that one buddy. No assets besides Shumpert, which doesn't make sense after adding Fournier.

Boy do I have a deal for you. For today only I am offering an Andrea Bargnari for the low low price of just 10 million dollars per year. Not only can he spike his hair really pretty, but he can get books off the top shelf at the library, hoist little children on his shoulders at concerts and sporting events, and much much more !!! Act now and don't miss the chance to own your very own Bargnari !!!

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Boy do I have a deal for you. For today only I am offering an Andrea Bargnari for the low low price of just 10 million dollars per year. Not only can he spike his hair really pretty, but he can get books off the top shelf at the library, hoist little children on his shoulders at concerts and sporting events, and much much more !!! Act now and don't miss the chance to own your very own Bargnari !!!

:laugh:

chi-townlove1
06-26-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm starting to get nervous. As a bulls fan, a lot is going the opposite way right now. The draft is going to be a huge teller.

kobe4thewinbang
06-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Who is Evan Fournier? And the 56th pick? That's like as close as you can get to the end of the draft.
All these rumors made it seem like Affalo was a gold semiconductor worthy of being bartered at a high price.

Dade County
06-26-2014, 01:07 PM

And they try to go after Melo in free agency...lmao

I would Love that lol

Sandman
06-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Well now the Magic have enough space for LeBron and Carmelo

:cricket:

Sandman
06-26-2014, 01:10 PM
What a way to cap off the Dwight Howard trade.

what happened to getting something for Afflalo

SMDH

ManRam
06-26-2014, 01:17 PM
What a way to cap off the Dwight Howard trade.

Hey! We still got LAL's future first as well as Philly's. That trade is still pending. Ain't capped off yet

Hell, if that trade...and to a lesser extent the Redick one...proved anything it's that you gotta be patient when judging these trades. Only time will truly judge how good or bad a trade was. The Magic looked like big time losers in that Howard trade at the time. But in hindsight, they did pretty darn good.

Sandman
06-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Hey! We still got LAL's future first as well as Philly's. That trade is still pending. Ain't capped off yet

Hell, if that trade...and to a lesser extent the Redick one...proved anything it's that you gotta be patient when judging these trades. Only time will truly judge how good or bad a trade was. The Magic looked like big time losers in that Howard trade at the time. But in hindsight, they did pretty darn good.
There is still no excuse for all of the money they took back and dumping Afflalo for this. Future firsts & a prospect like Vucevic was the bare minimum.

AL ****ING HARRINGTON! AL ****ING HARRINGTON! :mad:

slashsnake
06-26-2014, 01:31 PM
There is still no excuse for all of the money they took back and dumping Afflalo for this. Future firsts & a prospect like Vucevic was the bare minimum.

Was glad Denver moved him lol. As for getting Afflalo back for next to nothing, I am quite psyched about that. He isn't a star, but loved his defense and his game was so smooth.

As for the Howard trade, you get what you can. They needed a team willing and able to take him on for a year. Maybe they should have just held on to him for the rest of that season and gotten nothing in return. Not sure.

IgglesFanInCO
06-26-2014, 01:44 PM

Did you see what happened to the other 3 teams involved in the dwight trade? Magic won that trade by a LANDSLIDE. One of the most lopsided trades of the last decade. They still have 3 firsts to assess including the 12th pick tonight and Fournier will surprise some people, hes at least better value than a late first in this draft (just as young too)

and all this is coming from Denver fan

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 01:47 PM

We had to take some salary back to make it work. It's not that big of a deal. And we still got rid of Jason Richardson and Chris Duhon in doing so. For all the crap went on with Dwight, it was a great haul in hindsight.

Sandman
06-26-2014, 01:52 PM
We had to take some salary back to make it work. It's not that big of a deal. And we still got rid of Jason Richardson and Chris Duhon in doing so. For all the crap went on with Dwight, it was a great haul in hindsight.
Exactly, they sent out Duhon and JRich and still took back the worst contract in the deal (Harrington).

What was the point of getting rid of Duhon and Jrich when you take back Harrington at the same salary for another year?

Who had the leverage here?

Denver took back a TPE for crying out loud, they should have gotten stuck with Harrington

Sandman
06-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Did you see what happened to the other 3 teams involved in the dwight trade? Magic won that trade by a LANDSLIDE. One of the most lopsided trades of the last decade. They still have 3 firsts to assess including the 12th pick tonight and Fournier will surprise some people, hes at least better value than a late first in this draft (just as young too)

Everybody else lost for different reasons. Howard left, Iggy left and Bynum flopped.

NO reason to give up the best player in the trade and take back the worst contract. No chance in hell should Harrington have ended up in Orlando

JEDean89
06-26-2014, 01:55 PM

you can't judge a trade by what the FA's involved do after it. The fact is that the Magic were contenders with Dwight and have been one of the worst teams in the league since. IMO they lost the trade bad, but won the events that conspired after. people thinking that trading the best C in the league for Vucevic, Harkless and a lottery pick is a landslide are crazy.

Deception
06-26-2014, 01:59 PM
you can't judge a trade by what the FA's involved do after it. The fact is that the Magic were contenders with Dwight and have been one of the worst teams in the league since. IMO they lost the trade bad, but won the events that conspired after. people thinking that trading the best C in the league for Vucevic, Harkless and a lottery pick is a landslide are crazy.

When "the best C in the league" is going to leave in FA and you can bring in a haul like that? Yeah you win the trade easily. Lakers lost because Dwight left, 76ers lost because Bynum never played, Nuggets lost because Iggy left after one season. So please do tell who won that trade.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Exactly, they sent out Duhon and JRich and still took back the worst contract in the deal (Harrington).

What was the point of getting rid of Duhon and Jrich when you take back Harrington at the same salary for another year?

Denver took back a TPE for crying out loud, they should have gotten stuck with Harrington

Only half of Harrington's salary in 2014-2015 was guaranteed. Sixers still are paying J-Rich.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 02:01 PM

It is when your superstar wants out. Also it was more than just one lotto pick, we still have two more 1st picks.

Orlando receives second-round draft pick from Denver (2013), a first-round pick from either Denver or New York (2014), one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams: Nuggets (2014), 76ers (2015) and Lakers (2017)

ManRam
06-26-2014, 02:15 PM

Harrington's deal was only 50% guaranteed. It's not like it's hamstringing us. It's also not like we planned on spending money right away either. Hell, the Magic could have almost $30M in cap space with no intention to make a splash this summer. It's a slow rebuild.

I'm not sure the Magic "won" that trade, but they certainly lost it the least. Harrington's contract doesn't matter at all. We're talking under $4M here. That's not a game-changer at all.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 02:19 PM

Again, I wouldn't call us "winners", but we're the only team that's where they expected to be right now.

Look where LAL is now compared to before that trade! It destroyed them.
Look where Philly is now compared to before that trade! Yikes!
Look where Denver is now...they certainly aren't better off.

The fact is, we're the team that traded the star and was committed to the rebuild. We're exactly where we expected to be at the time of the trade. LAL and Philly are now rebuilding, but that was absolutely not the plan at the time of the trade. Denver is just stuck in cap hell limbo too.

And yes, you can judge a trade based on what the FAs do. That's a HUGE part of it. It's a risk you're assuming when you make the trade.

MagicBucsSox
06-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Orlando's GM is a student from the San Antonio Spurs. They know foreign talent more then anyone. I'm rolling with Rob. The Affalo rumors obviously weren't real it's not like Chicago Charlotte or cle celeb offered their picks and Orlando said "naw that's too much for him".

Let's go max out Bledsoe now if we don't get Marcus smart

tp13baby
06-26-2014, 02:51 PM
When "the best C in the league" is going to leave in FA and you can bring in a haul like that? Yeah you win the trade easily. Lakers lost because Dwight left, 76ers lost because Bynum never played, Nuggets lost because Iggy left after one season. So please do tell who won that trade.

You can say Denver is neutral for the trade.
Denver trades afflalo for Iggy.
Denver trades Iggy for a trade exception
Denver uses trade exception for afflalo.

kozelkid
06-26-2014, 02:53 PM
I mean, in hindsight Afflalo's value shouldn't, and clearly wasn't, as high as some felt. I don't doubt Hennigan did his due diligence. I always said I'd be stunned if he landed us a top-13 pick, but this is definitely a tad bit less than I expected. All depends on how Fournier pans out. If that shot can develop than it could be a solid addition to this team...a team that is completely devoid of shooting. Maybe he's flipped tonight too. A team with a high pick could view a young player with a cheap contract to be slightly more valuable than Afflalo.

Either way, I considered Afflalo's departure inevitable and was at the point where he was all but a "throw-in" to me. We can move on. We dump his salary and Oladipo now has that SG spot 100% to himself.

Agreed. He's one of the overhyped, internet forum type players.

How's that? Magic still have Jameer Nelson who is probably the real target if Bulls intend on clearing cap space (his 8mil can be waived to only 2mil). In fact, dealing for Afflalo probably would have done the opposite. At best, Taj would have been dealt for him and that's a lateral move for Bulls at best (probably even a downgrade, especially when considering that Melo reportedly wants him on the team).

Deception
06-26-2014, 03:02 PM
How? They traded Fournier and a 2nd as well with Fournier being a 1st rounder in 2012

IgglesFanInCO
06-26-2014, 03:03 PM

By that logic we gave up Fournier, two seconds, and a lotto pick to unload a partially guaranteed Al Harrington

We got fleeced, theres no way around it. Easily the biggest mistake of Masai's tenure

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Really solid move for Orlando, though I like Fournier a bit. I want him to be a Spur someday. Lol, obvious fit.

PartyPoison15
06-26-2014, 03:23 PM
By that logic we gave up Fournier, two seconds, and a lotto pick to unload a partially guaranteed Al Harrington

We got fleeced, theres no way around it. Easily the biggest mistake of Masai's tenure

Agreed, I never NEVER wanted Iggy. I would of kept AAA.

Alas talking about who "won" or "lost" is just silly :D Tonight will be fun. I hope the Nuggets have more up their sleeve.

Game_Over
06-26-2014, 03:24 PM
I really like the move for my Nuggets(if we don't make more moves including AA). I always liked AA was a pretty solid player here and I am not a Fournier fan at all.

KINGBAIZE
06-26-2014, 03:25 PM
SMH.... I mean DAMN... we coulda atleast given you Tony Snell.. Dunleavy... or the 19th pick over that BS.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Agreed. He's one of the overhyped, internet forum type players.

He has value, but role players are still role players. He might be a great 4th option, but that's still a 4th option. The killer for him has been his regression defensively which has been both obvious and continual. Each of the last three years it's gotten worse and worse. He had a great offensive first half, and he can really help a team...but again, considering how much teams over-value their draft picks, I was continually rolling my eyes when people were suggesting him straight up for picks in the low-teens, let alone even higher.

It doesn't appear to be fair value, but fair value also wasn't what a lot of people felt it should be. I love Afflalo, but his perceived value was just ridiculously out of whack.

SMH.... I mean DAMN... we coulda atleast given you Tony Snell.. Dunleavy... or the 19th pick over that BS.

You could have...but how do you know it was actually ever offered? That's the thing: we just don't know what was being offered and what was turned down. We can point to all these rumors but it's becoming clear that a lot of these rumors are just patently false.

And Snell isn't any different than Fournier (I prefer Fournier a tad because of his shooting). Dunleavy is salary added that we don't need and playing time removed from a young player. The pick is nice, but again, who's to say it was actually on the table.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Wow Magic got backdoored without lube.

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Wow... I haven't seen anyone get that pissed off at the Magic since Dwight left. Why? That's like taking shots at Sacramento or Minnesota. Yeah, it's easy. But those teams have suffered enough. Leave them alone and let them enjoy their moral victories. I'm sure you're familiar with what it's like to root for a bad sports franchise where a trade like this would be seen as a huge victory. Show a little empathy.

my point was a commentary on the usual Orlando fanboys who act like these are significant or relevant moves to building a championship caliber team...

I also find their hypocrisy funny when certain fans (they know who they are) get on their soap box about guys like Sterling...

They fundamentally root for an organization that is as morally bankrupt as the clippers were

mgjohnson7851
06-26-2014, 04:08 PM
I really like the move for my Nuggets(if we don't make more moves including AA). I always liked AA was a pretty solid player here and I am not a Fournier fan at all.
This! Fournier was over hyped by a lot of nuggets fans imo. he was like Tony Carter in the sense that he had a stretch of good games, and fans wanted to claim that he is so much better than he is. Orlando is getting a player that very likely will never be more than the 7th or 8th option. It's pretty humorous when people say he will be the next manu.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 04:17 PM
my point was a commentary on the usual Orlando fanboys who act like these are significant or relevant moves to building a championship caliber team...

I also find their hypocrisy funny when certain fans (they know who they are) get on their soap box about guys like Sterling...

They fundamentally root for an organization that is as morally bankrupt as the clippers were

I don't root for the owner. I root for the players. Relax, dude. I don't agree with De Vos homophobia...I'm insanely liberal. I'm not cool with it. But if anyone is on a soapbox now, it's you.

And yeah...look at these AWFUL posts by the Magic "fanboys" who think we're so close to a championship team! The audacity!

It's called optimism. Mot of us we're stunned, but we're trying to see the positives. At the very least, the fairness of a trade is always truly only determined in due time.

This criticism coming from a fan of the Lakers is just preposterous. What crawled up into your panties today?

I don't think a single person is happy about this other than Nuggets fans lol.

A lot of people it seems are saying there were better deals, but this gives us some cap space. This could just be a prior deal to follow something up. At least I'm holding out hope for that.

Us magic fans are just hoping this is the start of something bigger

But hey we all did the same thing when redick was traded for a bunch of nobodies but those nobodies turned out to be Tobias Harris so I have faith in henny. Maybe fournier is another gem for all.we know

:clap:

Us Magic fans have a lot of trust in what Rob does. If he likes Fournier, I feel pretty optimistic about the guy as well. A lot of us also had the initial "WTF" reaction, but that happens when you hear rumors about getting a #9 pick for a guy. Turns out that just wasn't the case. Also there is still some hope there can be some kind of follow up deal because of this.

Orlando's GM is a student from the San Antonio Spurs. They know foreign talent more then anyone. I'm rolling with Rob. The Affalo rumors obviously weren't real it's not like Chicago Charlotte or cle celeb offered their picks and Orlando said "naw that's too much for him".

Let's go max out Bledsoe now if we don't get Marcus smart

5ass
06-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Wow Magic got backdoored without lube.

I remember people saying we got raped in the Dwight trade, and the JJ trade as well. hennigan will show you all, once again, he's 10 steps ahead.

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 04:21 PM
I remember people saying we got raped in the Dwight trade, and the JJ trade as well. hennigan will show you all, once again, he's 10 steps ahead.

yep... like that great contract he signed jameer to ...

5ass
06-26-2014, 04:21 PM
I don't root for the owner. I root for the players. Relax, dude. I don't agree with De Vos homophobia...I'm insanely liberal. I'm not cool with it. But if anyone is on a soapbox now, it's you.

And yeah...look at these AWFUL posts by the Magic "fanboys" who think we're so close to a championship team! The audacity!

It's called optimism. Mot of us we're stunned, but we're trying to see the positives. At the very least, the fairness of a trade is always truly only determined in due time.

This criticism coming from a fan of the Lakers is just preposterous. What crawled up into your panties today?

Thanks.

IgglesFanInCO
06-26-2014, 04:24 PM
This! Fournier was over hyped by a lot of nuggets fans imo. he was like Tony Carter in the sense that he had a stretch of good games, and fans wanted to claim that he is so much better than he is. Orlando is getting a player that very likely will never be more than the 7th or 8th option. It's pretty humorous when people say he will be the next manu.

Whoa whoa whoa, Idk where you heard the next manu talk, all Ive heard is poor mans manu, which is pretty accurate to playing style.

Fournier is a 21 year old with pro experience, good 3pt shooting with proper form, all the length and athleticism he needs to exceed as a SG, and a high BBIQ. He will be at least a mediocre starting SG or solid 6th man someday. I doubt he ends up too much better than that either, but still.

Its not like he got overrated like some of the other players on the nuggets, people still call Gallo a savior when (with AAA being back) he is at best the 4th best player on the team, people still think Chandler can be a solid starter in this league, and people think Quincy Miller can be a poor mans Paul George

All those are a lot more common beliefs among nuggets fans and a LOT more far-fetched than Fournier having starting-caliber upside when he has all the necessary tangibles and intangibles to do it. I dont think he will be a star or anything but a statement like "very likely never more than the 7th or 8th option" just makes me think you didnt watch him closely at all.

He was one of only two nuggets I was interested in last year, and the person I focused on most. As someone who actually watched him extensively idk what you were watching.

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 04:25 PM

yes... how convenient that you cherry pick certain posts... try and focus on the latter pages of the thread wherein you are all blowing hennigan and telling everyone how awesome your trade hauls have been...

again... mediocre talent = mediocre results at best

as for DeVos... your cop out of rooting for the players vis a vis your posts regarding Sterling is amazingly hypocritical... enjoy denial

5ass
06-26-2014, 04:26 PM
yep... like that great contract he signed jameer to ...

Every team has made a mistake, and that was a 2 year contract. This year is only 2 mill guaranteed. We resigned him out of respect, and because we needed a long time vet. Who knows maybe the owner wanted him there. So yeah you're still wrong about that. Its not a horrible contract. He has value as an expiring.

goingfor28
06-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Hornets offered Gerald Henderson and pick #24

Why the hell wouldn't the magic rather take that???

5ass
06-26-2014, 04:27 PM
yes... how convenient that you cherry pick certain posts... try and focus on the latter pages of the thread wherein you are all blowing hennigan and telling everyone how awesome your trade hauls have been...

as for DeVos... your cop out of rooting for the players vis a vis your posts regarding Sterling is amazingly hypocritical... enjoy denial

Mediocre results? We have a ton of assets only 2 years into the rebuild, you are truly ignorant.

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 04:33 PM
Mediocre results? We have a ton of assets only 2 years into the rebuild, you are truly ignorant.

List all these great assets... seriously... it will be funny to watch you face the reality of your list....

Vucevic? Oladipo?

cmon lets see the list

5ass
06-26-2014, 04:38 PM
List all these great assets... seriously... it will be funny to watch you face the reality of your list....

Vucevic? Oladipo?

cmon lets see the list
You mean the 15-12 guy with a great midrange game?
Or oladipo, best player in his draft? If you think mcw is better, ok he's still 2nd best.
4th and 12th picks in the best draft in a long time?
Like 35 mill in capspace?
We still have future picks coming.

RLundi

Vucevic? Oladipo?

cmon lets see the list

One of those assets includes a first round pick from the team you cherry pick and bandwagon for.

We obtained a pick from Denver this year in the first round.

We have another from Philly.

We have close to $30M in cap space.

We have Victor Oladipo, Tobias Harris and Nik Vucevic on rookie contracts.

Say whatever you want, but those are assets, either for the future, or for trades. No one is blowing Hennigan. It's called optimism. Maybe you should blow your GM, your team may actually come up with a vision.

ManRam

Fine. Show me the posts in this thread where "the usual Orlando fanboys who act like these are significant or relevant moves to building a championship caliber team". Please. I beg of you! No one said this was a GREAT move or even uttered championship. No one compared him to Manu. You're delusional.

We like the young guys we have. No one is deluded enough to think we have championship caliber team. The irony of you, knowing who you root for now, bashing us for being OK with the roster we have is just amazing.

Also,

Feel free to provide some evidence for that second claim about how I am a hypocrite. I avoided Sterling discussion on this site like the plague. But hey! It's your lucky day! I'm at work with NOTHING to do...besides prove one of this forum's worst poster wrong. So here are the posts I made about Sterling. Enjoy!

http://oi60.tinypic.com/21m4yfl.jpg

I responded to 7 of the whatever-many Sterling threads.

Thread 1: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?867514-Donald-sterling-hires-investigators-to-dig-up-dirt-on-nba&p=28621994#post28621994

Thread 2: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?867206-Donald-Sterling-changes-mind-and-will-sue-the-NBA-again&p=28605961#post28605961

Thread 3: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?864916-LeBron-others-may-not-play-next-season-if-Sterling-sticks-around&p=28492379#post28492379

Thread 4: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/search.php?searchid=1013659

Thread 5: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?863259-How-To-Get-Rid-of-Donald-Sterling-Thread&p=28400835#post28400835

Thread 6: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/search.php?searchid=1013666

Thread 7: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?862959-Snoop-Dogg-s-Reaction-To-Donald-Sterling-s-Racism!-(STRONG-LANGUAGE)&p=28385368#post28385368

So if you're going to go in the thread with the intent to purely be a dick and steer things off topic, at least come correct. You're claim about us thinking these are championship moves and your DeVos rant are just unnecessary and disruptive. Go away. Thanks.

5ass
06-26-2014, 04:40 PM
Again, you're ignorant. Noone said we're contenders next year, most of us expect a top 5 pick next year, but the future is bright, and hennigan has not lost a trade yet.

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Again, you're ignorant. Noone said we're contenders next year, most of us expect a top 5 pick next year, but the future is bright, and hennigan has not lost a trade yet.

please show me where i said that Orlando fans said they would be contenders next year? Never said that.

As for Hennigan... so what ... winning irrelevant trades doesn't lead to anything relevant...

Hawkamania
06-26-2014, 05:12 PM
He's been a Fournier fan for a while now, apparently. I'm not sure this is as shocking as the JJ trade, but a lot of people blasted that one too for the Magic. Harris has certainly played well-enough to make that trade more than worth it, especially since -- like Afflalo -- Redick wasn't staying long term.

Doesn't look like fair value now. But if you factor in the money it's a little better. And really, in the end, it all depends on how well Fournier plays and how much he grows. For all he know, he could turn into a good little player.

Yeah, Hennigan is one of the few GMs who's earned my trust enough not to overly question his decisions based on how his previous deals have managed to work out. So the way I see it is, he either knows what he's doing or he is extremely lucky and I tend to go with the first.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2014, 05:26 PM
please show me where i said that Orlando fans said they would be contenders next year? Never said that.

As for Hennigan... so what ... winning irrelevant trades doesn't lead to anything relevant...

dang bro Henny has barely been the GM for 2 years in a rebuild so of course he hasn't won anything yet geez give us some time lol

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 05:34 PM
dang bro Henny has barely been the GM for 2 years in a rebuild so of course he hasn't won anything yet geez give us some time lol

i didn't say he isn't winning nor that he is winning... Orlando fans are saying he is winning... what they fail to see is that it is all irrelevant in the big picture to competing in the long run

do i think the AA trade was good or bad? who knows... we don't have all the information... what other offers were available ... overall it is a pretty vanilla trade that follows the marketing plan of the magic

"we are in rebuild mode... we trade vets who aren't in the long term plan for young players with potential and picks..."

rinse repeat

Mudvayne91
06-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Happy to get AAA back. I liked Fournier and thought he had promise, but based on what I've seen from Afflalo previously, I'll gladly take it.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2014, 05:37 PM
I agree 100% with your assessment of the Lakers... everything else while also generalities is disagree with

Orlando fans are excited about their young players... Why? what makes you think they will continue to develop and become relevant players in this league? What is your factual basis?

see ... unsupported arguments like yours countering my position are just generalization in and of themselves.

pot or kettle

everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess but you're the only person I've ever heard talk like that about the young prospects we have...

a lot of Philly fans were mad they gave up Vuc and so was Phillies coach at the time

Buck fans were also upset when we got Harris and he turned out to be pretty decent mind you he is only 21 years old

Harkless is super young and has shown signs he can be an elite defender in this league one day

And oladipo easily could have been the Rookie of the Year and many believe he should have been the first pick not to mention he also is praised for his defense now and in the future

so yeah I think Magic fans have every right to like their youth and so far they have shown a lot of good signs you saying they're all at their max potential or will never be all stars is a bit much unless you can predict the future

5ass
06-26-2014, 05:39 PM
I agree 100% with your assessment of the Lakers... everything else while also generalities is disagree with

Orlando fans are excited about their young players... Why? what makes you think they will continue to develop and become relevant players in this league? What is your factual basis?

see ... unsupported arguments like yours countering my position are just generalization in and of themselves.

pot or kettle
Dude wtf are you talking about? Show me one post where we think we have a star player. Just one. We said we have multiple assets. At this point we only drafted in the lottery once. It was a weak draft and we definitely came away with one of the best players if not the best. What could he have done better? He made the best of our situation and we're excited that the youngest GM in the league is doing a great job. That's all. Wait for a few years before judging him, see the end product. His plan is long term. as of now you're just talking out of your *** undeservingly bashing the guy.

Rush
06-26-2014, 05:40 PM
There is a way to discuss others teams without being confrontational and upsetting those fans. Let's try that please.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2014, 05:42 PM
i didn't say he isn't winning nor that he is winning... Orlando fans are saying he is winning... what they fail to see is that it is all irrelevant in the big picture to competing in the long run

do i think the AA trade was good or bad? who knows... we don't have all the information... what other offers were available ... overall it is a pretty vanilla trade that follows the marketing plan of the magic

"we are in rebuild mode... we trade vets who aren't in the long term plan for young players with potential and picks..."

rinse repeat
yes and the big picture is to win games right? But he has only been the GM for two years in a rebuild so so far the big picture hasn't happened yet but that doesn't mean it won't.

and yeah we talked about him winning trades you're right but is that wrong of us? In the end we ended up winning the Dwight trade if you look at the other teams involved

and then if you look at the Redick trade you can say we won that one too we ended up with harris and Redick left the bucks

other than the Ryan Anderson sign and trade those are about the only moves he has made so far so yeah we say he won them because well he did... sorry that bothers you

RLundi
06-26-2014, 05:44 PM
Why are my posts getting deleted? :confused: I'm not belligerent at all. I'm finished. Vinylman is honestly not worth the time nor the infraction. He is a bitter, noted troll and most of his posts are to entice others to stoop to his level. Whatever, it's not even that serious lol.

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 05:45 PM
everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess but you're the only person I've ever heard talk like that about the young prospects we have...

a lot of Philly fans were mad they gave up Vuc and so was Phillies coach at the time

Buck fans were also upset when we got Harris and he turned out to be pretty decent mind you he is only 21 years old

Harkless is super young and has shown signs he can be an elite defender in this league one day

And oladipo easily could have been the Rookie of the Year and many believe he should have been the first pick not to mention he also is praised for his defense now and in the future

so yeah I think Magic fans have every right to like their youth and so far they have shown a lot of good signs you saying they're all at their max potential or will never be all stars is a bit much unless you can predict the future

I respect your response but just disagree with it because i believe their stats/performance is a byproduct of playing meaningless games... very similar to alot of the Players on the Lakers last year.

Will 3 or 4 of those guys be solid rotational players? sure...

Is there an all star in the bunch? I don't see it

What do you think progressed in Vucevic's game last year? is Oladipo all of a sudden going to become a more efficient shooter? What else is he going to add to his game?

NBA_Starter
06-26-2014, 05:47 PM
I wonder why Charlotte pulled out if that is all it took?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2014, 05:49 PM
not that I'm trying to hate on the Clippers in any way cuz I do love watching them with it being Lob City and all but I don't see how a fan of a team who hasn't won a ring in how long? Can talk to us about what the big picture is supposed to be.... unless the big picture is being a irrelevant for a really long time and then getting knocked out of the playoffs a few years in a row?

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Dude wtf are you talking about? Show me one post where we think we have a star player. Just one. We said we have multiple assets. At this point we only drafted in the lottery once. It was a weak draft and we definitely came away with one of the best players if not the best. What could he have done better? He made the best of our situation and we're excited that the youngest GM in the league is doing a great job. That's all. Wait for a few years before judging him, see the end product. His plan is long term. as of now you're just talking out of your *** undeservingly bashing the guy.

where have i bashed hennigan? I made a comment about Orlando fans saying he always wins .... he is doing an admirable job and picking in the last draft was pretty straightforward in terms of who should go where ... accumulating assets when your entire goal is to tank is really not that difficult... many teams have done it... the question is what do you do with those assets...

All the winning talk by Orlando fans is illogical in terms of relevant moves that help a team compete

RLundi
not that I'm trying to do the Clippers in any way cuz I do love watching them with it being Lob City but I don't see how a fan of a team who hasn't won a ring and how long? Can talk to us about what the big picture is supposed to be.... unless the big picture is being a relevant for a really long time and then getting knocked out of the playoffs a few years in a row?

He's a bandwagoner. He's actually a Lakers fan and a homer at that.

5ass
I know you're a magic fan and I wasn't talking to u.

My bad

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 05:53 PM
There is a way to discuss others teams without being confrontational and upsetting those fans. Let's try that please.

yes... i find it offensive to be called names in the NBA forum... these posts aren't being made in the Magic forum... this is the NBA forum which is for posters of all teams...

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2014, 05:53 PM
where have i bashed hennigan? I made a comment about Orlando fans saying he always wins .... he is doing an admirable job and picking in the last draft was pretty straightforward in terms of who should go where ... accumulating assets when your entire goal is to tank is really not that difficult... many teams have done it... the question is what do you do with those assets...

All the winning talk by Orlando fans is illogical in terms of relevant moves that help a team compete

bro its a rebuild and we are a small market team and it's only been two years lol not many teams go into rebuild mode and can compete two years later it takes time

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Why are my posts getting deleted? :confused: I'm not belligerent at all. I'm finished. Vinylman is honestly not worth the time nor the infraction. He is a bitter, noted troll and most of his posts are to entice others to stoop to his level. Whatever, it's not even that serious lol.

If this isn't baiting i would hate to see what is... glad the mods are on top of things

5ass
06-26-2014, 05:56 PM

Again, we don't expect to take **** and turn it into gold overnight, but he has proven he doesn't lack the foresight. Right now we have to be excited about our future because of what he has done so far. What's so hard to understand?

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 05:56 PM
not that I'm trying to hate on the Clippers in any way cuz I do love watching them with it being Lob City and all but I don't see how a fan of a team who hasn't won a ring in how long? Can talk to us about what the big picture is supposed to be.... unless the big picture is being a irrelevant for a really long time and then getting knocked out of the playoffs a few years in a row?

not a clipper fan if you are referring to me...

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 05:58 PM
He's a bandwagoner. He's actually a Lakers fan and a homer at that.

yep... the name calling continues... gotta love PSD

5ass
06-26-2014, 05:58 PM
You do know the best yet to come? 4th 12th picks are only a couple if hours away. For all we know we can get a superstar at 4. You talk like everything we have is trash. We have valuable assets, and young guys with potential, that's how rebuilding goes.

NBA_Starter
06-26-2014, 06:00 PM
You do know the best yet to come? 4th 12th picks are only a couple if hours away. For all we know we can get a superstar at 4. You talk like everything we have is trash. We have valuable assets, and young guys with potential, that's how rebuilding goes.

Are you a Magic or Clippers fan?

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 06:01 PM
Again, we don't expect to take **** and turn it into gold overnight, but he has proven he doesn't lack the foresight. Right now we have to be excited about our future because of what he has done so far. What's so hard to understand?

again... what foresight? trade D12 who was leaving?

Its fine for you to be excited... its also fine for me to disagree with posters assessment that the Magic's roster is anything but average

this is the NBA forum not the Magic forum

RLundi
06-26-2014, 06:04 PM
yep... the name calling continues... gotta love PSD

Are you really playing the martyr? Unreal. I sense an infraction coming and that's the only reason I'm not eviscerating you right now.

Good day sir :)

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 06:04 PM

actually ... that 4th pick should excite you because of the dopes picking in front of you... unless of course you get Mr. super overrated (exum)...

I did not say your guys were trash... i said you have potentially 3 to 4 good rotational players ... no all stars

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Are you really playing the martyr? Unreal. I sense an infraction coming and that's the only reason I'm not eviscerating you right now.

Good day sir :)

You are responsible for your posts... not me

5ass
06-26-2014, 06:06 PM
again... what foresight? trade D12 who was leaving?

Its fine for you to be excited... its also fine for me to disagree with posters assessment that the Magic's roster is anything but average

this is the NBA forum not the Magic forum
The foresight to see that we will eventually come out as winners in the Dwight trade? to see that Harris is a good player when he couldn't get minutes on the bucks? Getting oladipo, who will turn out to be a too player in his draft?
Again you are completely ignoring what's to come. We have two lotto picks coming 2 hours, the best is yet to come. You still haven't showed me these posters assessments you mentioned a million times already. No one thinks we have a superstar right now.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Vinylman is backtracking now. We can move along! The troll did his job.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Well...this thread got weird, fast.

LOL at people thinking 5ass is a Clippers fan. He needs to get rid of that JJ sig haha.

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Vinylman is backtracking now. We can move along! The troll did his job.

convenient and expected argument... call someone a baiter or troll and dismiss their point with no rebuttal... classsic PSD NBA forum

My original post stands in spite of the fact that a mod has deleted it... gotta love the arbitrariness of PSD...

5ass
06-26-2014, 06:23 PM
convenient and expected argument... call someone a baiter or troll and dismiss their point with no rebuttal... classsic PSD NBA forum

My original post stands in spite of the fact that a mod has deleted it... gotta love the arbitrariness of PSD...
Just show me those posts where we think we have star players. Its all in your head.

5ass
06-26-2014, 06:25 PM
Well...this thread got weird, fast.

LOL at people thinking 5ass is a Clippers fan. He needs to get rid of that JJ sig haha.

I'm changing it in a couple of hours to our draft pick whoever that draft pick will be because I trust the boss Rob Hennigan ;)

Rinzler
06-26-2014, 06:26 PM
This has helped me kill time waiting for the Draft! :cheers:

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Whoever pooped in vinylman's cereal, please come forward.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 06:28 PM

I mean, you completely hijacked a thread about a trade because you have some weird hatred towards the Magic and their fans, derailed it completely off track and then told the Magic fans (you know...the fans of the team that's actually involved in this trade) to leave the thread and go back to the Magic forum. That's cute!

Anywho. It's draft night. We don't have much to root for, you're right! But we do have tonight. This is the culmination and the ultimate product of our season. That's sad. It's not fun. But we're content where we are and happy to hopefully be moving forward. So let us be.

Adios.

torocan
06-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Is it me or does it seem like Chicago is just sleep-walking through the Melo sweepstakes?

IE, burying their heads in the sand and praying that Melo falls into their lap?

The Knicks, Mavs and Rockets are all making aggressive moves to get Melo. What exactly are the Bulls doing other than watching their navels?

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Just show me those posts where we think we have star players. Its all in your head.

show me the post where i said that orlando fans said they had star players... again... i never said that...

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 06:35 PM
I didn't see it. Sorry, bud!

I mean, you completely hijacked a thread about a trade because you have some weird hatred towards the Magic and their fans, derailed it completely off track and then told the Magic fans (you know...the fans of the team that's actually involved in this trade) to leave the thread and go back to the Magic forum. That's cute!

Anywho. It's draft night. We don't have much to root for, you're right! But we do have tonight. This is the culmination and the ultimate product of our season. That's sad. It's not fun. But we're content where we are and happy to hopefully be moving forward. So let us be.

Adios.

the purpose of team forums is to allow fans to bloviate all they want... the nba forum is fair game and if a bunch of Orlando fanboys are gonna bloviate in the NBA forum then they should be expected to be called out...

i do agree with your second part though... tonight could be a point in time for Orlando fans to thump their chests if they pick the right guy... unfortunately it looks like you will be getting exum who is probably the most overrated player in the top 10...

good luck and enjoy discussing the Magic in the Magic forum

5ass
06-26-2014, 06:39 PM
show me the post where i said that orlando fans said they had star players... again... i never said that...

You keep back tracking. What is it that you're trying to argue? That magic fans are too happy? We're happy we have a GM that knows what he's doing instead of Otis smith?
To me it seems you're a homosexual, and you're pissed at the magic franchise and its fans because of devos.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 06:56 PM
the purpose of team forums is to allow fans to bloviate all they want... the nba forum is fair game and if a bunch of Orlando fanboys are gonna bloviate in the NBA forum then they should be expected to be called out...

i do agree with your second part though... tonight could be a point in time for Orlando fans to thump their chests if they pick the right guy... unfortunately it looks like you will be getting exum who is probably the most overrated player in the top 10...

good luck and enjoy discussing the Magic in the Magic forum

Are you serious with this? Which fan isn't a "fanboy" of their team? Maybe the stupidest expression I've seen.

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 07:01 PM
You keep back tracking. What is it that you're trying to argue? That magic fans are too happy? We're happy we have a GM that knows what he's doing instead of Otis smith?
To me it seems you're a homosexual, and you're pissed at the magic franchise and its fans because of devos.

LMFAO....

Also, can at least another 2 or 3 Magic fans come in here and say i am backtracking... you know that old saying if you tell a lie enough times people start believing it...

If the Magic fans had been rational and addressed my first post it would be easy for all to see what i said... unfortunately it appears Magic fans needed to get a mod involved to discredit a valid point (ie that Magic fans are delusional to think that rob hennigan's trades to date can be characterized as winning in a meaningful way).

The Magic rebuild to this point is about as textbook as you can get and really nothing to get excited about or the result of anything special by hennigan

dump vets ... accumulate picks and young players

rinse repeat

This has been done numerous times over the last 6-7 years in the NBA with no relevant success....

Talk to Nugget fans about all those players and picks they got for Melo... notice how that worked out?

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Are you serious with this? Which fan isn't a "fanboy" of their team? Maybe the stupidest expression I've seen.

like the fish at the poker table... if you can't identify him it is probably you...

case closed

5ass
06-26-2014, 07:13 PM
LMFAO....

Also, can at least another 2 or 3 Magic fans come in here and say i am backtracking... you know that old saying if you tell a lie enough times people start believing it...

If the Magic fans had been rational and addressed my first post it would be easy for all to see what i said... unfortunately it appears Magic fans needed to get a mod involved to discredit a valid point (ie that Magic fans are delusional to think that rob hennigan's trades to date can be characterized as winning in a meaningful way).

The Magic rebuild to this point is about as textbook as you can get and really nothing to get excited about or the result of anything special by hennigan

rinse repeat

This has been done numerous times over the last 6-7 years in the NBA with no relevant success....

Talk to Nugget fans about all those players and picks they got for Melo... notice how that worked out?

We did address it. You still don't understand. Its only been two years. You're too quick to judge. You're assumptions are more baseless than ours, because hennigan has done good so far.

5ass
06-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Also you're delusional thinking we're ganging up and involving mods; lmao

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 07:17 PM
We did address it. You still don't understand. Its only been two years. You're too quick to judge. You're assumptions are more baseless than ours, because hennigan has done good so far.

the bolded describes your post... you can disagree or agree... its an opinion not an absolute... and saying hennigan has done "good" so far is way different than the jibberish posted earlier about him.

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Also you're delusional thinking we're ganging up and involving mods; lmao

umm... you obviously don't understand where SFRush hangs out... he only comes in the NBA forums when someone reports a post and i know i would never contact that individual FOR ANY REASON

IgglesFanInCO
06-26-2014, 07:23 PM
LMFAO....

rinse repeat

I dont get your line of thought here, Melo forced his way out of Denver (just like Dwight forced his way out of Orlando) and the nuggets got young veteran talent for him and 1 pick, that trade worked out phenomenally for denver and to this day stands as the FAR AND AWAY best offer we got, we just didnt use the assets correctly afterwards(should have traded gallo two years ago), and got unlucky with injuries, thats not on the trade though, it was as much of a win as possible and still is.

If they hadnt ****ed up with trading for McGee and Iguodala that trade could have been the turning point for the franchise

I just dont understand what youre advocating, a star player forces himself off a team and you say its a bad trade to get young veteran talent, and its a bad trade to get young developmental talent and load up on picks. Are you saying its better to let the player walk for nothing? To be honest you are just not making any sense. If you WERE, there would probably be a SINGLE person in here to back you up huh? Sometimes you gotta at least give SOME objective thought to your own opinion when every single person disagrees with you. Its not too late to look a little less ignorant than you are coming off right now......

5ass
06-26-2014, 07:24 PM
the bolded describes your post... you can disagree or agree... its an opinion not an absolute... and saying hennigan has done "good" so far is way different than the jibberish posted earlier about him.

He's done great with what he had to deal with; Dwight being a *****, and a weak draft. He's done good overall. Like I said the best is yet to come.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Don't waste your time with the troll. Someone's still a little butt-hurt after Dwight left LA.

He's just mad that we actually like our GM. :laugh2:

5ass
06-26-2014, 07:35 PM
I dont get your line of thought here, Melo forced his way out of Denver (just like Dwight forced his way out of Orlando) and the nuggets got young veteran talent for him and 1 pick, that trade worked out phenomenally for denver and to this day stands as the FAR AND AWAY best offer we got, we just didnt use the assets correctly afterwards(should have traded gallo two years ago), and got unlucky with injuries, thats not on the trade though, it was as much of a win as possible and still is.

If they hadnt ****ed up with trading for McGee and Iguodala that trade could have been the turning point for the franchise

I just dont understand what youre advocating, a star player forces himself off a team and you say its a bad trade to get young veteran talent, and its a bad trade to get young developmental talent and load up on picks. Are you saying its better to let the player walk for nothing? To be honest you are just not making any sense. If you WERE, there would probably be a SINGLE person in here to back you up huh? Sometimes you gotta at least give SOME objective thought to your own opinion when every single person disagrees with you. Its not too late to look a little less ignorant than you are coming off right now......

You probably think we called on this guy to join us too. We're recruiting...

Vinylman
06-26-2014, 07:38 PM

wow... another one missing the point...

Denver made a great trade with the Knicks... they did the best they could in a bad situation

the analogy was that Denver fans were loco-crazy talking like that trade was going to be the key to the promise land... it didn't work out because it didn't include a star... anyone making a trade and not getting the big star is never the real winner in a deal...

it was obvious that the Denver deal when it was made would never get them over the hump unless they took those pieces and turned them into a star... they didn't and they are basically irrelevant at this point when it comes to competing for a chip.

The only team that should be excited about this kind of maneuvering is Houston because Morey has taken all those accumulated pieces and turned them into all stars and has another chance to do it again this offseason.

mgjohnson7851
06-26-2014, 07:50 PM

Denver made a great trade with the Knicks... they did the best they could in a bad situation

the analogy was that Denver fans were loco-crazy talking like that trade was going to be the key to the promise land... it didn't work out because it didn't include a star... anyone making a trade and not getting the big star is never the real winner in a deal...

it was obvious that the Denver deal when it was made would never get them over the hump unless they took those pieces and turned them into a star... they didn't and they are basically irrelevant at this point when it comes to competing for a chip.

The only team that should be excited about this kind of maneuvering is Houston because Morey has taken all those accumulated pieces and turned them into all stars and has another chance to do it again this offseason.
Yes the nuggets were irreverent last year but the reason for that is partly BECAUSE of the Orlando trade. The nuggets lost their star player after 1 year, and were absolutely decimated by injuries.

Everyone knows that when you have to trade a star that you are going to have to rebuild your team. No one thought Denver was going to be much better right after the trade, we just realized that the trade gave us one hell of a foundation to rebuild.

SoFreshNsoClean
06-26-2014, 11:13 PM
No one thought Denver was going to be much better right after the trade, we just realized that the trade gave us one hell of a foundation to rebuild.

That's actually interesting because I recall the nuggets giving OKC a tight series after melo was traded that was decided by officiating. I still remember that horrible missed basket interference in one game that gave OKC a win.

It would have been VERY interesting to see what would have happened had Denver downed OKC. It was a close series...

IBleedPurple
06-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Great deal for Denver if they can get AAA to stay. Fournier is no slouch. He reminds me almost of Afflalo developmentally at this stage compared to when Afflalo was in Denver, with a slightly lower ceiling.

mgjohnson7851
06-27-2014, 12:13 AM
That's actually interesting because I recall the nuggets giving OKC a tight series after melo was traded that was decided by officiating. I still remember that horrible missed basket interference in one game that gave OKC a win.

It would have been VERY interesting to see what would have happened had Denver downed OKC. It was a close series...
Yeah we were the 5th seed, and we lost in 5 games. The series was not tight, but most of the games were. I still don't recall anyone clamoring about that team being a real contender that year either. But I know what you're saying.

IBleedPurple
06-27-2014, 02:03 AM

Trying to remember any Nuggets fans screaming championship after the trade. At the time, the general consensus: Happy with the trade pieces? Absolutely. Happy Melo and his whining left? Mostly. Better after the trade? Possibly. Nuggets win a title/promised land/dynasty? No.

mgjohnson7851
07-18-2014, 12:20 AM
If we are healthy, we will be pretty good next year. Last year pretty much everything that could go wrong, did. That being said, this team with AAA is much better than last years team. If nothing else happens this off-season than I am content.

IversonIsKrazy
07-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Im still shocked at how little Afflalo was traded for. I wish he went to Bulls for something like Snell and 2nd rd. Still amazing at how little Denver gave up to get him./

TheNumber37
07-19-2014, 09:25 PM
It is a tragedy.

ManRam
07-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Im still shocked at how little Afflalo was traded for. I wish he went to Bulls for something like Snell and 2nd rd. Still amazing at how little Denver gave up to get him./

I wish we could have gotten one of Chicago's firsts, like most fans would have been fine with. Clearly wasn't happening.

But I'd much rather have Fournier than Snell :shrug: And the second rounder we drafted got signed, so there's that.

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 09:36 PM
I can't believe Henderson couldn't even get us this deal.