mjt20mik
06-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Wonder what they get back.

DudeItsZoltan
06-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Pelicans have cap space? Asik/Davis front court is gonna be very good

ManRam
06-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Sounds like just a future first. Houston clears up money...New Orleans gets a HUGE upgrade. Makes sense

Cal827
06-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Great move by the Hornets. If they both can stay healthy, that's a terrifying front court defense

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Love this time of year!!!

Kashmir13579
06-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Morey

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
Great move by the Hornets. If they both can stay healthy, that's a terrifying front court defense

Pelicans

DODGERS&LAKERS
Rockets going all in. I like it

bleedprple&gold
Why is Houston clearing up cap space already before they can even talk to Lebron or Melo?

Crackadalic
06-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Nice trade. Davis/Omar front court is going to be really good

hugepatsfan
06-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Damn really wanted him in BOS and we had that trade exception to fit him in. Oh well…

J4KOP99
06-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Some of these lower level teams are going to be able to make some nice moves because of LeBron and Melo. A lot of teams are trying to open space.

0nekhmer
06-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Why is Houston clearing up cap space already before they can even talk to Lebron or Melo?
Trying to get ahead of the game. Nice move getting their next year's pick too.

clutchfan
http://ballerball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/28morey.1.600.jpg

gatkins11
Best division in the league.

Deception
06-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Great trade for both teams, not sure what happens with Ryan Anderson now.

ManRam
06-25-2014, 10:18 PM
God I hope Bron goes to Houston. Imagine the hatred! I'd root like hell for that evil, evil team! :laugh:

Htownballa1622
06-25-2014, 10:21 PM
God I hope Bron goes to Houston. Imagine the hatred! I'd root like hell for that evil, evil team! :laugh:

:dance:

Join us! :smoking:

Now if we can get a verbal commitment from one of the two BIG f.a's so Lin can get moved. :hope:

ManRam
06-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Hopefully the Pellies can stay healthy.

Holiday, Gordon, Evans, Anderson, Davis, Asik is a solid little core there.

Mr.Nate30
06-25-2014, 10:22 PM
5 best defensive centers all in southwest now?

Asik's better
06-25-2014, 10:22 PM
Don't mind this for the Houston side of things. Rockets clear space and have an extra pick to play around with. Also didn't have to give up anything to move asik.

h2r09
06-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Wow love the deal for the pelicans. people like to say durant is next in line to be the best player in the league but that right belongs to Anthony Davis. Lebron has 2 more years on top and he is the next player to take that crown.

They just need to trade a guy or 2 in the back court to get rid of some of the salary. Gordon, Evans, and Holliday are flashy names but they have very high salaries and aren't a great fit. I would trade one of Gordon or Evans and then go after a SF. Either way they are going to be great soon.

ManRam
06-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Another team in desperate need of a center now off the market. Gotta feel for Gortat's agent!

Crunch Time
06-25-2014, 10:25 PM
Any protections on that pick?

BcEuAbRsS
06-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Yeah, except the fella that just won DPY.

ManRam
06-25-2014, 10:27 PM
I'm just blabbering now. But I really like this trade...it's a fun one.

New Orleans has been a bit impatient with things, but on the other hand I love how aggressive they've been while Davis is still on his rookie contract. Spending the money now before he has to get paid. I think it's a little reckless but whatever. It's nice to see teams be aggressive, right? All the backlash over "tanking" and everything.

And obviously Houston's ulterior motives are awesomely captivating too.

WITZ
06-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Rockets may have gotten themselves a late lottery pick via the pelicans playing in the western conference.

Crunch Time
06-25-2014, 10:29 PM

If they lose, who does the blame go to?

theducksmuggler
06-25-2014, 10:29 PM
I bet the Pelicans also got the #25 pick it will prolly come out later...

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Clearing that space.

JNA17
06-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Now let's see which team is dumb enough to take on Lin.

DWNTWNLakeShow
06-25-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm guessing pelicans had some sort of TPE since they aren't sending anyone back?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-25-2014, 10:31 PM

Joakim Noah died? :( :( :(

P.S. Asik was already in the division lol.

mightybosstone
06-25-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm curious to see if it's a conditional first or not, but I'm more curious where all the posters are who laughed at the idea that the Rockets could dump Lin and Asik's contracts and not take back any cap in return. Not only were they able to move Asik, they got a first round draft pick next season from a team that will likely be lottery bound. Lin will require a little more work and maybe even giving up a pick as well, but Morey is more than capable of making it happen.

Htownballa1622
06-25-2014, 10:33 PM
LETS GET THIS STARTED!!!

Send Jeremy so i can :win:

Vinny642
06-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Nice deal

ManRam
06-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm guessing pelicans had some sort of TPE since they aren't sending anyone back?

I think the deal is that the trade won't become official until later. After the July moratorium the Pellies can just ax the guys with non-guaranteed contracts and fit that $8.3M in under the cap, thus not having to send back equivalent salaries.

mightybosstone
06-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I bet the Pelicans also got the #25 pick it will prolly come out later...
I think it's more likely that the pick has conditions. I doubt Morey gave up that first round pick in such a deep draft just to dump Asik's contract.

DWNTWNLakeShow
06-25-2014, 10:35 PM
I think the deal is that the trade won't become official until later. After the July moratorium the Pellies can just ax the guys with non-guaranteed contracts and fit that $8.3M in under the cap, thus not having to send back equivalent salaries.

Ok I see thanks for the insight

Vinny642
06-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Top 20 protected

GunFactor187
06-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Knew it was only a matter of time Asik gets dealt to New Orleans, perfect fit next to Davis now that he gets shifted back into his natural position at PF. Asik gives them a potent defender at the rim.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2014, 10:38 PM
Now all they need is to move Lin and grab either Melo or LeBron

shep33
06-25-2014, 10:39 PM
Gutsy move by Houston. They better be going for LBJ, I don't like the Melo fit there at all.

Blitzace137
06-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Morey the mad scientist is cooking something up right now.

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Morey the mad scientist is cooking something up right now.

No doubt about it, holding on to him for last season doesn't look so bad right now.

mightybosstone
06-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Gutsy move by Houston. They better be going for LBJ, I don't like the Melo fit there at all.

I didn't like the Melo fit when I first heard the rumors a couple of months back, but the more and more I think about it, the more and more I think he's the perfect guy. He's essentially developed into a stretch 4, which is exactly what Houston needs, he's a go-to scorer that can take pressure off Harden and Howard and he's become a far more efficient basketball player the last couple of years. Then I think about how well the guy has historically played in international ball and the fact that these next 4-5 years are the most important years of his entire career for his legacy, and I think whoever gets Melo is going to get one hell of a good basketball player at the perfect time.

I'm praying he ends up in Houston, because I don't think the Rockets have a real shot at Lebron at this point.

NYSpirit1
06-25-2014, 10:44 PM
WOW. You've. gotta. be. kidding. me.

The Pelicans just helped the Rockets form a super team for a pile of CRAP?!

Asik averaged 5 points and 5 rebounds last year AND they gave the Rockets their first rounder next year... Wow.

ManRam
06-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Asik protects the rim and Davis is sent out to just wreak havoc. That's gonna be so fun. Even with Davis and all of the team blocks NOP had a pretty AWFUL defense. With Asik and a healthy Holiday (who I don't really like, but he's good defensively) they should be pretty damn stingy.

If the pick is top-20 protected than good on them. Another lottery pick, even though I love the aggression, might have been too steep. Also, would have meant the All Mighty Woj mislead us! Would help if they could extend him.

And Morey is a magician. Rule #1 of NBA General Managership: don't pick up his calls.

NYSpirit1
06-25-2014, 10:46 PM
I didn't like the Melo fit when I first heard the rumors a couple of months back, but the more and more I think about it, the more and more I think he's the perfect guy. He's essentially developed into a stretch 4, which is exactly what Houston needs, he's a go-to scorer that can take pressure off Harden and Howard and he's become a far more efficient basketball player the last couple of years. Then I think about how well the guy has historically played in international ball and the fact that these next 4-5 years are the most important years of his entire career for his legacy, and I think whoever gets Melo is going to get one hell of a good basketball player at the perfect time.

I'm praying he ends up in Houston, because I don't think the Rockets have a real shot at Lebron at this point.

As Broussard reported, I don't think you're keeping Harden if you get LeBron. I think Melo is going to Houston in a S&T for Harden. Melo fits much better next to LeBron.

He doesn't need to bring the ball up the court, Harden does. Melo-LeBron-Howard is a deadly and lethal Big 3 that probably would be top 3 ever next to Bird-McHale-Parish and Jordan-Pippen-Rodman

Ware_Spencer
06-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Asik - One of the best positional defensive centers in the league.
Davis - One of the best shot blockers in the league.

Davis can shoot the outside shot so spacing will be good on offense.
This is a scary front court. Kudos to the Pelicans (Man I hate saying that name).

They just need to figure out their wing positions. Jrue Holiday is awesome though.

Blitzace137
06-25-2014, 10:47 PM

Asik averaged 5 points and 5 rebounds last year AND they gave the Rockets their first rounder next year... Wow.

I think Asik is severely underrated by some fans I've seen my fair share of Rox's game, he's an elite defender and re-bounder, he was injured for most of last season, as a starter Asik can easily average a double double or close to it.

Asik's better
06-25-2014, 10:49 PM

He was stuck behind Dwight you do relise that. He averaged a double double when he started. He is also what the pelicans needed to give them a shot at the playoffs. I feel like you have never seen asik play before

Riodagoat
06-25-2014, 10:50 PM
So the master plan is to get another ball dominant player to a team who already has a ball dominant team. On top of that, they also have a center who have been known to complain about not getting enough touches.

How is this suppose to work again?

mightybosstone
06-25-2014, 10:51 PM
As Broussard reported, I don't think you're keeping Harden if you get LeBron. I think Melo is going to Houston in a S&T for Harden. Melo fits much better next to LeBron.

He doesn't need to bring the ball up the court, Harden does. Melo-LeBron-Howard is a deadly and lethal Big 3 that probably would be top 3 ever next to Bird-McHale-Parish and Jordan-Pippen-Rodman

I still think that's extremely unlikely, and I rarely trust Broussard in these matters. Harden is Morey's guy. He's younger, he's a better offensive basketball player and he has more potential moving forward for the future of the franchise. I think it's WAY more likely that Morey is going for Harden-Melo/Lebron-Dwight than he is going for Lebron-Melo-Dwight.

Also, why would Houston trade Harden for Melo in a sign and trade if New York has no leverage? That just doesn't make any sense. The ONLY reason Houston makes that deal is if they get a confirmation that Lebron wants to play here but will only do it with Melo on the roster. The likelihood of that happening is insanely slim.

Htownballa1622
06-25-2014, 10:51 PM
He was stuck behind Dwight you do relise that. He averaged a double double when he started. He is also what the pelicans needed to give them a shot at the playoffs. I feel like you have never seen asik play before

What name you going to now? Dwight's better or wait to get "Lebron's better"

Decisions, decisions. :)

Ware_Spencer
06-25-2014, 10:52 PM
I think Asik is severely underrated by some fans I've seen my fair share of Rox's game, he's an elite defender and re-bounder, he was injured for most of last season, as a starter Asik can easily average a double double or close to it.

Thank you. Because most fans are stat whores. Asik is an amazing defender on ball and help defense. Its all about positional defense. Something that never shows up in the box score.

mightybosstone
06-25-2014, 10:53 PM

Yeahhhh.... This is clearly someone speaking from a point of ignorance. Asik is one of the top 5-10 best rebounding and defensive centers in the NBA. And the only reason he didn't average a double-double again last year was because had arguably the best overall center in the league playing in front of him on the depth chart.

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 10:59 PM
This has to be for LeBron.

shep33
06-25-2014, 11:00 PM

Yeah, we'll see how it all unfolds. The only reason I don't like it is that they need a year at least to work it out. Plus if your giving Melo 4 years at around 88 mill or whatever, you have to realize that he's 30 and coming off years where he just carried the load for the Knicks by playing big minutes.

I know LBJ is closing in on the same age, but Melo isn't even close to LeBron as a player.

The other thing is that if you play Melo at the 4, he's going to have to take a beating out West. Blake, Zbo, Lee, Love, Davis, Ibaka, Faried, Aldridge, etc.

That's a tough task. It'll be difficult for Melo to take advantage of those guys on the block like he does out east. Plus the spacing with Dwight might get tricky if they're both down there.

I dunno, to me if I don't get LBJ or Love, I say just sign Parsons and go with what you got until the deadline.

A wild move would be to move Harden for Melo, then sign LBJ.

kozelkid
06-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Getting rid of Asik isn't surprising. A stud defensive center on an expiring contract isn't that hard to deal. The more interesting package is what they have set up to get rid of Lin.

NYSpirit1
06-25-2014, 11:01 PM

So explain to me how many were saying people had to 'take' Tyson Chandler's contract when he made the All-Star team and won DPOY in recent years, putting up the same or better stats than Asik.

But Asik is a valuable center, whose worth $15 million and a first rounder.. Right.

I've seen Asik play. I also saw him suck in the playoffs. This was an absolute asinine trade.

Dade County
06-25-2014, 11:02 PM
Good job, N.O...

And like I have stated in the past, if Houston some how gets Melo, harden will be traded to the Clippers.

Cp3
Melo
Howard

Clippers get a younger player in Harden (to grow with Blake through the years), and Houston gets a floor general in Cp3.

I have no idea how people don't see this coming.

kozelkid
06-25-2014, 11:04 PM

As a Bulls fan, I used to think similarly. However, I don't think Melo could handle the long-term wear and tear at the 4 (unless he's played their sparingly which he wouldn't with Houston's current roster).

kozelkid
06-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Good job, N.O...

And like I have stated in the past, if Houston some how gets Melo, harden will be traded to the Clippers.

Cp3
Melo
Howard

Clippers get a younger player in Harden (to grow with Blake through the years), and Houston gets a floor general in Cp3.

Probably because it makes little sense to trade a 24 year-old superstar for a 29 year old, oft-injured one.

goingfor28
06-25-2014, 11:07 PM
Yeah, except the fella that just won DPY.
Yup and Deandre Jordan

mightybosstone
06-25-2014, 11:08 PM
So explain to me how many were saying people had to 'take' Tyson Chandler's contract when he made the All-Star team and won DPOY in recent years, putting up the same or better stats than Asik.

But Asik is a valuable center, whose worth $15 million and a first rounder.. Right.

I've seen Asik play. I also saw him suck in the playoffs. This was an absolute asinine trade.

What the hell does Chandler's value have to do with Asik? And have you ever heard of anything called "sample size"? Basing your opinion of the guy off of six games playing in an awkward position on the floor with another elite defensive player is hardly a fair judgment of the guy's value. Trust me. I saw the guy start for an entire year in 2012-13 and I saw him step up in off the bench and keep Houston's defense from falling apart this last season. He's an elite defender. And he's an even more elite rebounder.

goingfor28
06-25-2014, 11:09 PM
Good job, N.O...

Cp3
Melo
Howard

:facepalm: no chance cp3 for Harden happens lol cmon now

torocan
06-25-2014, 11:10 PM
This definitely is smelling like a Melo + Lebron move.

The only way that Harden is on the block is if they believe they're getting both players. So I can easily see Harden being used to either get Melo or Lebron for salary matching purposes.

Asik's $8.3M + Harden's $14.7M already gets you to around $23M, or approximately $28M in salary possible between both players using the 125% rule. Toss in TJones and Dmo on the block and I can easily see them getting to the $16M+ range for both players and that's without state income tax.

Move Lin as well and you can get both players really close to $19M or $20M. And then they can still match Parsons in RFA assuming they just don't move Parsons out in a S&T for salary matching to fill out other positions.

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens next...

mightybosstone
06-25-2014, 11:13 PM
As a Bulls fan, I used to think similarly. However, I don't think Melo could handle the long-term wear and tear at the 4 (unless he's played their sparingly which he wouldn't with Houston's current roster).
Actually I think he would because I think Houston is so talented they could do a better job of managing his minutes. Also, if Melo were to become the Rockets' next starting center, they suddenly look pretty damn deep with Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas backing him up at the 4.

And I think it's worth mentioning that with the league putting more and more emphasis on stretch 4s, there is less of a need for a banger at the PF position. Look around the rest of the West and you'll see far more PFs who live by the mid-range jump shot than PFs who thrive off the low block.

mightybosstone
06-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Good job, N.O...

Cp3
Melo
Howard

This is just completely insane and there's no justification for it whatsoever. Find me one source that has ever reported this being even a remote possibility.

amak316
06-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Houston officially out of the Kevin Love list of possible destinations it seems

Asik's better
06-25-2014, 11:21 PM

Suck in the playoffs? Ok....

Also him making the all star game was as a reserve in the east. Not a compelling case. Finally that 1st round pick your so worried about is going to be protected.

shep33
06-25-2014, 11:24 PM
I don't get why stars (LBJ, Love, Melo) aren't trying their hardest to stay out east. Players are really stupid.

Crackadalic
06-25-2014, 11:31 PM
If you guys get rid of Lin do you guys still have cap space to sign melo out right or is a sign and trade the only possible way

Htownballa1622
06-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Just read a tweet saying ROX payed Asik 10 mil for 2 years then gets 1st rounder for him.

Daryl Morey :cool:

numba1CHANGsta
06-25-2014, 11:33 PM
Fly Pelicans Fly

mightybosstone
06-25-2014, 11:34 PM
I don't get why stars (LBJ, Love, Melo) aren't trying their hardest to stay out east. Players are really stupid.

Eh.... I think if we've learned anything from this Miami Heat team the last few years it's that the easiest path doesn't make you the best overall team. The best teams are in the West and I think players know that a better overall team is more likely to get you a ring than an easier path to a deep postseason run. Also, the more competent front offices in the West, which is such a huge plus.

I'd like to see a point where the conferences even out, but much of the talent (on the court and behind the scenes) is in the West right now and it's probably going to be that way for a while.

mike_noodles
06-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Pelicans don't have a first rounder this year yeah? Do they have multiple picks next year that makes this trade legal now? I think they have to wait until after the moratorium to make this deal.

elledaddy
06-25-2014, 11:37 PM
I hope Melo goes to Houston, they win the chip next year and he gets MVP just to see all the Melo hating cocksuckers pull a 180( especially Houston fans). Im routing for Melo to win a ring NEXT YEAR where ever he go. The year after that though, Melo's an enemy( assuming he's not in NY)

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-25-2014, 11:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Pelicans don't have a first rounder this year yeah? Do they have multiple picks next year that makes this trade legal now? I think they have to wait until after the moratorium to make this deal.

I was wondering this same thing

Asik's better
06-25-2014, 11:45 PM
Even if the rockets don't get melo or Lebron, this deal and a possible Lin one gives the rockets room to sign important role players to fill holes.

I hope Melo goes to Houston, they win the chip next year and he gets MVP just to see all the Melo hating cocksuckers pull a 180( especially Houston fans)
A little overreaction.

eternal slumber
06-25-2014, 11:45 PM
I was wondering this same thing

maybe the Pelicans have a placed deal for a 1st rounder this draft to make this deal possible. it means that this trade will be official in July.

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2014, 11:54 PM

It's reported that it's going to happen after the moratorium probably for that reason and because NO will send back some players on non-guaranteed deals:

Sam Amick: Rockets deal likely happens after July moratorium (10th) because NO will likely use players w/ nonguaranteed $ to match Asik's $8.3 million Twitter @sam_amick - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.8hxCJcax.dpuf

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2014, 11:55 PM
David Hardisty: Source confirms the Rockets will receive the first round pick from Pelicans next year if it is between 4-19. That's huge. Twitter @clutchfans - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.8hxCJcax.dpuf

Wow really? I think the Rox are gonna get the pick.

clutchfan
06-25-2014, 11:58 PM

Because the east is full of owners that are incapable of surrounding their star players with talent.

eternal slumber
06-26-2014, 12:01 AM
https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/482005796537262082

so this pick will be Houston if it's between #4 and #19? wow

clutchfan
06-26-2014, 12:04 AM

http://ballerball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/28morey.1.600.jpg

Nikeman
06-26-2014, 12:05 AM

With the Pelicans playing in the West, it may very well fall in that range.

THE MTL
06-26-2014, 12:20 AM

Damn that Rockets GM putting in WORK.

TheNumber37
06-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Great Deal for Pelicans. They give up a pick in next year's drafts. They get a Defensive Center who finally gets his chance to start. Davis will play well with them. The Pelicans have one of the best front court rotation with Davis/Asik/Anderson.

It's also good for the Pelicans, because it makes their draft choice this year much easier. Because they know what they need. Backup PG, Wing... More important though... shooting... and to move Eric Gordon... good luck

TheNumber37
06-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Oh my... Eric Gordon for Jeremy Lin

mightybosstone
06-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Oh my... Eric Gordon for Jeremy Lin

Huh? What about Gordon for Lin?

Quinnsanity
06-26-2014, 12:38 AM
Doesn't this violate the Stepien rule? They gave up their first rounder this year, they can't trade next year's, right? Also, what does this mean for Ryan Anderson? Can they move him for a legit small forward? If so, watch out. Very interesting team.

benzni
06-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Great move for both teams but I love this for the Pelicans. It essentially makes Davis' job easier. West is very tough but this team could sneak in and grab an 8th.

goku
06-26-2014, 12:42 AM
Houston officially out of the Kevin Love list of possible destinations it seems

how ?

Nikeman
06-26-2014, 12:49 AM
So, if Houston fails to land Melo and LeBron,

does this move blow up in Morey's face if he gives away Lin and Asik, the Rocket's two best depth players?

Quinnsanity
06-26-2014, 12:52 AM

does this move blow up in Morey's face if he gives away Lin and Asik, the Rocket's two best depth players?

Even if he doesn't get LeBron or Melo, he has 15-20 million in cap space to spend. Considering Beverley seems to be the point guard going forward and Asik didn't want to be there anyway, couldn't he pretty easily find better ways to spend that money?

Nikeman
06-26-2014, 01:03 AM
Even if he doesn't get LeBron or Melo, he has 15-20 million in cap space to spend. Considering Beverley seems to be the point guard going forward and Asik didn't want to be there anyway, couldn't he pretty easily find better ways to spend that money?

Who would he get?

Lance Stephenson?

A Parson's extension eats up most of the 15 mill freed up anyway

abe_froman
06-26-2014, 01:06 AM

how is it blowing up in his face? he's trading bench pieces ,for capspace and picks

Cracka2HI!
06-26-2014, 01:16 AM
Great move by the Hornets if true. It's tough to see them not making the playoffs...then again, ever with this move I'm not sure which playoff team in the West this pushes them ahead of.

Asik's better
06-26-2014, 01:21 AM

As I posted before Morey can use that money to go after free agents that fill needs that Houston have. There are great free agents after melo and Lebron.

goku
06-26-2014, 01:47 AM
even if the rockets don't get melo or LeBron free's up cap to sign players that do what lin and asik do for cheaper wasn't like asik played the whole season or lin was consistent throughout if lin is traded I guess morey is pretty confident about landing someone or possibly trading for

NYKNYGNYY
06-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Wow great deal for Houston a player they want to get rid of and she'd his salary for a mid first round pick next year but it's possible the pelicans make the playoffs this year I thjnk they have a great team...Holliday tyreke Davis who else am I forgetting wow they're 2 guard and tbey can have Davis play his natural position at pf and asik at the 5 ... Who the hell is there 2 it's on the tip of my togune

FOXHOUND
06-26-2014, 02:07 AM
Another good win-win trade today. Asik wanted out and would have left in FA next offseason anyways, getting a first for him was great no matter what it ends up being. For NO they got a good defensive center to pair with Davis, which will only make him better on that side.

A good, consistent anchor protecting the rim will allow Davis to provide even more help D without having to do both. Moving to PF will do wonders for him, especially in the health department. Ryan Anderson can stay in a 6th Man role and do well, as long as he stays healthy. Now they can focus on their perimeter players.

greg_ory_2005
06-26-2014, 02:09 AM
Wow great deal for Houston a player they want to get rid of and she'd his salary for a mid first round pick next year but it's possible the pelicans make the playoffs this year I thjnk they have a great team...Holliday tyreke Davis who else am I forgetting wow they're 2 guard and tbey can have Davis play his natural position at pf and asik at the 5 ... Who the hell is there 2 it's on the tip of my togune

Eric Gordon

raiderposting
06-26-2014, 03:13 AM
If I'm the Pelicans I'll move Eric Gordon for a 3, sign lance Stephenson

Holiday
Stephenson
SF
Davis
Asik

Ryan Anderson as the sixth man

JNA17
06-26-2014, 03:18 AM
Pelicans could actually package Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon for a really nice wing player or SG.

Perhaps get some like Aaron Affalo?

Kaner
06-26-2014, 03:38 AM
If I'm the Pelicans I'll move Eric Gordon for a 3, sign lance Stephenson

Holiday
Stephenson
SF
Davis
Asik

Ryan Anderson as the sixth man

Yeah they should definitely trade Gordon for a sf if they can but, they don't need to sign Stevenson. Tyreke's gonna be better than him next season.

Pelicans are gonna be really good soon if they can stay healthy.

Nikeman
06-26-2014, 04:04 AM
The talent on the Pelican's roster may be unmatched by the rest of the league to be completely honest.

Tyreke Evans, young combo guard, age 24,

Eric Gordon, who at one point was on the way to becoming one of the top scoring threats and SG's in this league age 25.

Jrue Holiday, averaged 8+ assists the past two seasons age 24,

Anthony Davis, soon to take over the title of the best two way player in the NBA only age 21.

Asik- Defensive Big/Rebounder/Defender- Age 27

Notable:
Ryan Anderson- Best stretch PF in the NBA
Austin Rivers

Crazy, crazy amount of talent on this team, maybe the best in the NBA. The team's average age is like 24 years old. Wow, what a job done by that GM/Management.

The only problem is, while they have an incredible amount of young talent, the fits may not be the best, but if they gel and figure it out wow. One thing is for sure, they will have the most dominant defensive and rebounding front court for years to come if Asik signs with them long-term.

Vinny642
06-26-2014, 06:37 AM
A 6th pick, a 10th pick and lets say a 15th pick(just an estimate where this would be)

and we get Jrue Holiday and Asik in return, I think two very good starters is worth the risk of three picks.

Vinny642
06-26-2014, 06:39 AM
I cant 100% confirm this.... but Dell is trying to get a deal done that would land us a SF and a first rounder...

I say that with good authority.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2014, 07:40 AM

I agree. All teams need to go through Spurs.

Goose17
06-26-2014, 07:41 AM
crazy amount of talent on this team, maybe the best in the NBA.

http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/tp/09/lg/a_sad_face.jpg

Goose17
06-26-2014, 07:42 AM
I cant 100% confirm this.... but Dell is trying to get a deal done that would land us a SF and a first rounder...

I say that with good authority.

Take Barnes, send all of your picks for the next decade to Minnesota and we'll give them Lee and they can give us Love. Everyone wins... sort of.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Doesn't this violate the Stepien rule? They gave up their first rounder this year, they can't trade next year's, right? Also, what does this mean for Ryan Anderson? Can they move him for a legit small forward? If so, watch out. Very interesting team. Yeah it does fall into the Stepien rule. Unless Pelicans acquire a late first to claim as their own this year?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Actually I think the loophole of the Stepien rule is Pelicans drafted Noel. Then traded him. So their safe. Just like the Lakers rumored to be trading #7. They cant till draft night since they had no pick last draft. So they have to select for the other team before trading it to get out of the Stepien rule. Well looking back shows Lakers had #30 last year but Warriors received it through trade. But not sure how far in-advance it was traded.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_final_draft/2013

Vinny642
06-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Take Barnes, send all of your picks for the next decade to Minnesota and we'll give them Lee and they can give us Love. Everyone wins... sort of.

Lmao, but I heard we are getting the first rounder to use that to trade off Gordon, i cant name any other names

mightybosstone
06-26-2014, 09:56 AM
The talent on the Pelican's roster may be unmatched by the rest of the league to be completely honest.

Tyreke Evans, young combo guard, age 24,

Eric Gordon, who at one point was on the way to becoming one of the top scoring threats and SG's in this league age 25.

Jrue Holiday, averaged 8+ assists the past two seasons age 24,

Anthony Davis, soon to take over the title of the best two way player in the NBA only age 21.

Asik- Defensive Big/Rebounder/Defender- Age 27

Notable:
Ryan Anderson- Best stretch PF in the NBA
Austin Rivers

Crazy, crazy amount of talent on this team, maybe the best in the NBA. The team's average age is like 24 years old. Wow, what a job done by that GM/Management.

The only problem is, while they have an incredible amount of young talent, the fits may not be the best, but if they gel and figure it out wow. One thing is for sure, they will have the most dominant defensive and rebounding front court for years to come if Asik signs with them long-term.
Hmm... I think you're seriously overstating their talent level. They're probably the third or fourth most talented team in their own division. Evans, Gordon and Holiday are all overrated for they actually provide in terms of production and efficiency. And both Gordon and Evans were grossly overpaid in their last contracts. Plus, those three guys (as you mentioned) are horrible fits with one another. I'd say there isn't a top 10 player at their respective positions among any of those three guys. The real talent is in their front court, where Davis is already a top 5 big man in the league and both Anderson and Asik play their roles about as well as anyone in the league. But Anderson will struggle to get 20+ minutes on that roster now and Asik is only locked down for one more season.

They're talented and they have a lot of solid players on the roster, but let's not go overboard. Teams like OKC, LA, Golden State, Houston, Indiana, San Antonio, Miami, etc. are still far more talented in terms of top tier talent.

A 6th pick, a 10th pick and lets say a 15th pick(just an estimate where this would be)

and we get Jrue Holiday and Asik in return, I think two very good starters is worth the risk of three picks.
Mmm... Except Holiday is still insanely inefficient, played 34 games last year and wasn't nearly worth the contract he was given last season. And Asik is only in New Orleans for a single year. If you took the names out of it and I told you your franchise was going to have to give up three lottery picks to get two average starters at their respective positions, one of whom would be underwhelming and one of whom would only be with your team for a single year, you would not be happy with that scenario.

Holiday has got to play better and Asik needs to re-sign for this to work out in New Orleans favor. I'm not doubting that potential, but the odds aren't exactly in their favor.

koreancabbage
06-26-2014, 10:14 AM

someone doesn't care about basketball outside of New York lol

ajharry
06-26-2014, 10:18 AM
I really dont see Lebron jumping ship, leaving a solid oraganization and his buddies in Miami. He already got backlash from his first Decision. He wont make the same mistake twice. Houston is going for Anthony and I bet Parsons and Lin are NY-bound in a S&T

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Rivers is on the trade block to clear cap now.

c.c.
06-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Great move but I hate trading with in our division. Especially a player who will give us some trouble lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Rumor has it that the Suns trying to trade with Pelicans. Sounds like Green and #27 for Ryan Anderson since Frye might not come back.

Vinny642
06-26-2014, 04:54 PM
Hmm... I think you're seriously overstating their talent level. They're probably the third or fourth most talented team in their own division. Evans, Gordon and Holiday are all overrated for they actually provide in terms of production and efficiency. And both Gordon and Evans were grossly overpaid in their last contracts. Plus, those three guys (as you mentioned) are horrible fits with one another. I'd say there isn't a top 10 player at their respective positions among any of those three guys. The real talent is in their front court, where Davis is already a top 5 big man in the league and both Anderson and Asik play their roles about as well as anyone in the league. But Anderson will struggle to get 20+ minutes on that roster now and Asik is only locked down for one more season.

They're talented and they have a lot of solid players on the roster, but let's not go overboard. Teams like OKC, LA, Golden State, Houston, Indiana, San Antonio, Miami, etc. are still far more talented in terms of top tier talent.

Mmm... Except Holiday is still insanely inefficient, played 34 games last year and wasn't nearly worth the contract he was given last season. And Asik is only in New Orleans for a single year. If you took the names out of it and I told you your franchise was going to have to give up three lottery picks to get two average starters at their respective positions, one of whom would be underwhelming and one of whom would only be with your team for a single year, you would not be happy with that scenario.

Holiday has got to play better and Asik needs to re-sign for this to work out in New Orleans favor. I'm not doubting that potential, but the odds aren't exactly in their favor.

You are good at stating the obvious arent you?
Obviously any team in the history of sports has their success built on their best players not being hurt.
I've always been a fan of Jrue, and was glad we got him. I love his game, and think it fits nicely with us. Also he is very deserving of his contract if we are basing it off how other contracts in the NBA are being constructed.

A team with Jrue-Evans-Davis-Asik with Ryno off the bench is a sick core.

Hawkamania
06-26-2014, 05:02 PM
I hate to see an unsure team trade away a 1st round pick but Asik is definitely an upgrade and a solid center.

DR_1
06-26-2014, 07:08 PM
I love it for NO. Good for Houston as well considering their goals this summer.

mightybosstone
06-26-2014, 07:19 PM
You are good at stating the obvious arent you?Obviously any team in the history of sports has their success built on their best players not being hurt. I've always been a fan of Jrue, and was glad we got him. I love his game, and think it fits nicely with us. Also he is very deserving of his contract if we are basing it off how other contracts in the NBA are being constructed.
I think Jrue was adequately paid for a borderline top 10-15 PG in the NBA. But I don't think he played like one last year. Missing half of the season didn't help, but when he was healthy he was extremely underwhelming. I think he's a better player than that, but I'd like to see him prove it on this new team with this core first. I also think that if you're going to pay a guy $10 million+ a year, that guy need to be (at worst) a really solid No. 3 if you're expected to be a playoff team. I'd like to see him improve a bit before I'd feel comfortable saying that he's an ideal No. 3 moving forward.

A team with Jrue-Evans-Davis-Asik with Ryno off the bench is a sick core.
I think a team with Jrue-Davis-Asik has a pretty sick core. I could easily do without Gordon or Evans, and I think both guys are making too much money for the production and the inefficiency they provide. If this New Orleans team doesn't succeed the next couple of years, those two guys will be the reason why. I like Ryno, but I think he's wasted at this point on this roster.

Vinny642
06-26-2014, 07:45 PM
Evans is crazy underrated, considering his spent a lot of the season as a 6th man role which didnt work out like we hoped. But as a starter, he was amazing.

And Jrue being on a new team, that is still figuring itself out, would hurt his production, But while team chemistry improves, the team play will improve.

TrueFan420
06-26-2014, 08:38 PM

I'm sure they've talked just unofficially. Like when the heat built their team in 2010.

Verbal Christ
06-26-2014, 09:39 PM
Prepare to pull your hair out at the insane amount of easy baskets that Asik will miss.