PDA

View Full Version : Pick a Superstar, a Bust, and the biggest surprise to come out from the NBA Draft

numba1CHANGsta
06-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Superstar: J. Parker

Bust: J. Embiid

Biggest Surprise: R. Hood

JWO35
06-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Superstar: None
Bust: Joel Embiid
Biggest Steal:Mitch McGary

sens#11fan
06-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Superstar: Wiggins (I played some runs with him)
Bust: Randle or Embid (depending on his back)
Suprise: Napier or Ennis

zn23
06-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Whoever takes Randle early is going to be disappointed. He's got bust written all over him.

tredigs
06-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Superstar: Parker (Doubt he'll be a top 3 player, but a premier talent in the league is what I expect after 2-3 years).

Bust: Wiggins (I don't think he is going to be anything CLOSE to the All-Time level talent those were hoping of him; he'll be a great addition to a winning team, but may never even be a guy you can build around. As far as Embiid, he already has decent expectations of being an injury 'bust' at this point, hence him falling in the order).

Sleeper: Dario Saric (late teens is too late to take a talent of his level IMO).

Minimal
06-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Superstar: Andrew Wiggins
Bust: Joel Embiid
Surprise: Nik Stauskas

Tymathee
06-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Superstar: Jabari Parker
- I just get the feeling the dude is a 25 10 guy.

Bust: Elfrid Payton
- I like him, his athleticism and his attitude but he's a point guard that drives to the basket and cant' hit his free throws, they won't even let him get close to the hoop without hacking him.

Surprise: Zach LeVine
- Has fun bench guy who can come in and give you 2 points but those 2 points are a sky high dunk and energize the team or come in and score 16 points.

ManRam
06-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Superstar: Wiggins and Embiid

Bust: Randle, potentially Exum (I'd still draft him at 4 if Embiid/Wiggins/Parker are gone, tho)

Sleeper: Jarnell Stokes, Clint Capela, KJ McDaniels, Khem Birch

abe_froman
06-25-2014, 05:20 PM
star? smart
bust-gordon
surprise-embiid(since everyone has him as a bust already,i think he'll be a big surprise to most of you and become a low level star),mcgary

dcenate05050
06-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Star - Parker
Bust - Exum
Surprise - Smart

Uncle Chuck
06-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Good thread

I'd say Superstar is going to be Jabari Parker. Even Coach K was raving about him as a prospect. This kid is going to be great.

Bust - My Gut says Joel Embiid, but that might be picking the low hanging fruit. Its tough with this class... I think a Bust needs to be a top 10 pick, but can't pick one in the top 7-8 I don't like. If Levine goes in the early teens, I'd say its him.

Steal - Joe Harris. He is a lesser Kyle Korver, but will be a great rotational player for many years who gets drafted in the second round.

kingkenny01
06-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Star: Parker, Wiggins picks 1 and 2 not particular order
Bust: Aaron Gordon, he is a dirty work guy who will rebound and defend but when you are projected 5th you better be able to shoot and score also to some degree, and don't get me started about 42% free throw percentage
Sleeper: thanasis antetokounmpo, the freak's brother great athlete can be a lock down defensive player, huge potential if lands in a good situation like the spurs who are interested

JEDean89
06-25-2014, 05:31 PM
star: wiggins
bust: McDermott
steal: thanasis antentokounmpo (the apple doesn't fall far from the other apples)

WITZ
06-25-2014, 05:48 PM
star: wiggins
bust: McDermott
steal: thanasis antentokounmpo (the apple doesn't fall far from the other apples)

Tell that to Blake Griffins brother :laugh2:

ManRam
06-25-2014, 05:54 PM

Or like 99.99% of the other siblings of professional athletes.

I'm not gonna pretend to know a lot about him, but considering his brother is wildly intriguing and the fact that he played in the D League...well, if he had the offensive game to make it I'm sure he'd be getting more attention than he is. It's not like he's an unknown slipping under people's radars.

MagicBucsSox
06-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Superstar: Marcus Smart
Bust: Embiid is too easy , so Aaron Gordon
Suprise: tj warren Napier

JNA17
06-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Whoever takes Randle early is going to be disappointed. He's got bust written all over him.

I feel the same way. Foot injury and the fact that he can only go left? Ugh. -_-

Bust: Julius Randle
Biggest Surprise: Zach Lavine

Before the draft workouts, I never wanted to hear his name, after though...holy crap Lavine can freaking jump! lol

He's raw and a project mostly but I bet when polished, he's got a pretty damn good future.

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Superstar: J. Parker

Bust: Doug McDermott

Biggest Surprise: T.J. Warren or Jordan Adams (I can't pick just one)

bucketss
06-25-2014, 06:23 PM
superstar: wiggins,embid
bust: randle, Aaron gordon
surprise: tyler ennis

Iron24th
06-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Superstar: smart
Bust: embiid
Surprise: randle

Bostonjorge
06-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Superstar - randle or gordan

Bust - vonleh

Surprise - embiid

DChibes
06-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Superstar - Jabari Parker

Bust - Joel Embiid

Superise - Adrian Pane

Crackadalic
06-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Superstar - Wiggins

Bust - Zach Levine

Surprise - Elfrid Payton

Bruno
06-25-2014, 07:17 PM
SS- Wiggins, Exum
Bust- Vonleh
Biggest Surprise- Payton, McDermott and Gary Harris.

Rain City
06-25-2014, 07:19 PM
superstar- parker
bust- exum
surprise- zach lavine (may fall out of lottery, he will take a year or 2 but have some all star seasons, monte ellis/westbrook talent level)

R. Johnson#3
06-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Superstar-Jabari Parker

This guy is ready. He'll make an immediate impact.

Bust-Aaron Gordon

He's an athletic freak but has no offensive game. Yeah he could be a banger and get some putbacks but that's about it.

Surprise-Julius Randle

Yes he doesn't have length and doesn't play the greatest D but this guy can do a bunch on offense. He can face up and get around defenders, he has incredibly soft hands at the rim, he can put the ball on the floor and he can push people around down low.

Asik's better
06-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Superstar- Parker
Bust- Exum
Suprise- smart

Miltstar
06-25-2014, 07:26 PM
superstar - wiggins
bust - Parker (because it looks like he's going to Milwuakee where he wont have a good mentor)
Suprise - Glenn Roninson iii

jerellh528
06-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Superstar- smart
Bust- saric
Surprise- randle

NYKNYGNYY
06-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Star-wiggins
Surprise - ennis
Bust- exum or embied

LakersA's49ers
06-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Superstar: Wiggins- way to athletic to bust in this league. He can lead the fast break with ease, and he plays stellar defense as well in a league that counts on it to win championships
Bust: Randle- not a fan to say the least. He is undersized, and inconsistent underneath the rim. I see Kwame Brown type production out of this guy
Surprise: LeVine- he has good size and is pretty explosive off the dribble

JEDean89
06-25-2014, 08:05 PM

lol there are countless examples (seth curry), but i don't think this is one of them.

Miltstar
06-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Superstar: Wiggins- way to athletic to bust in this league.

Gerald Green anyone? Sure he's shown flashes but I think most would agree Green was a bust.

numba1CHANGsta
06-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Im willing to bet that there will be more busts in the top 8, than the middle tier players drafted, and by bust i mean underachieving what their potential should be

chitownbulls
06-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Superstar: Parker
Bust: Randle
Surprise: Hood

MrfadeawayJB
06-25-2014, 08:34 PM

Bust: Tj warren

Surprise: cleanthony early

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 08:39 PM
Superstar- smart
Bust- saric
Surprise- randle

At one time I was not sure it was possible he could be a surprise as much love as he had along with Wiggins and Parker but for some reason people have been down on him in the pre-draft process.

MagicBucsSox
06-25-2014, 08:46 PM
I wanna add adrein Payne to my surprises

Jeffy25
06-25-2014, 11:37 PM
Superstar: Parker for sure, I love his upside

Bust: Elfrid Payton, not a top 10 guy, no way

Surprise: Cleanthony Early
I know he's old, and not that awesome. But I can see him developing into a really good player, and going to San Antonio and eventually turning into what Chris Bosh is today.

GSW11BRS
06-25-2014, 11:46 PM

Bust: Marcus Smart

Surprise: James Young

KobeOwnSU
06-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Superstar: Dante Exum

Surprise: Jordan Adams

3Blueforyou
06-26-2014, 12:04 AM
Superstar:Wiggins and Parker

Bust: Randle other poster have mentioned his issues.

Surprise: Levine

Iggz53
06-26-2014, 12:09 AM

Bust: Aaron Gordon

Biggest Surprise: Jordan Adams

DemarDerozan
06-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Superstar: Jabari (will contribute more immediately and already has a Durant sized chip on his shoulder for being overshadowed by the more athletic and less talented Wiggins.)

Bust: Exum (unproven foreign guard gets projected as a top pick based solely on hype? Cleveland will bite once they trade down.)

Surprise: Mitch McGary

RLundi
06-26-2014, 12:21 AM
Superstar: Exum

Bust: Gordon

Surprise: Lavine

Crunch Time
06-26-2014, 12:33 AM
Swagtatic Superstar: Saric
Surprise: Napier

benzni
06-26-2014, 12:37 AM
Star: Parker
Bust: Smart
Surprise: Exum

b_russ
06-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Bust: Noah Vonleh
Surprise: Gary Harris

OlivaThor
06-26-2014, 04:47 AM
Superstar: Wiggins
Bust: No clue, max Embiid with injuries but i hope not
Surprise: Anderson

kantarok
06-26-2014, 05:58 AM
Superstar: Embiid (depending on his coach) coaches have alot of impact on big men. He is the Next Hakeem if
he stays in the gym
Parker is a definite scorer, close to Paul Pierce level
Wiggins i am not sure about. The way he dribbles sometimes looks odd to me but he is the best
athlete and can shoot well, has some good moves so basically if he is good with shooting off dribble
and keeps developing his mid range game. He is definitely at least a 25 point guy
Bust: I don't hate
Surpise:Exum

Denver-boy
06-26-2014, 06:07 AM
Super Star: Jabari Parker

Surprise: Marcus Smart ( hell be a allstar)

Sleeper: Shapazz Napier or Patric Young

Bust: Andrew Wiggins, I think he was terrible in college. as far as what we expected. he will be bust, considering
he will be a bench player for mostly all his career.

Joel Embiid is hurt, but I think once he gets healthy he will play as starter! Randle has some randolph to his game. Wiggins is only one who goes on long slumps, and has no leadership. dont know if the kid has any heart. doesnt come off as a go getter, aggressive ball player, hustler, all the things you need to be great.

most exciting player going late: Markel Brown

Master Mind
06-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Star (gotta earn the super): Jabari Parker
Bust: Aaron Gordon
Steal: Nick Johnson

QueensG_718
06-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Superstar jabari parker. Hes just so polished and has an NBA body

Bust I would say Julius randle

And for the surprise I would say Rodney hood or shabaaz napier

Goose17
06-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Superstar: None. Embiid and Wiggins will be the closest to a "superstar" though.

Bust: Zach LaVine

Surprise: Noah Vonleh (he'll be drafted higher than people think, that's the surprise), Cleanthony Early, Adreian Payne and Gary Harris.

NoahH
06-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Superstar
-Wiggins

Bust
-Randle

Surprise
-Jordan Adams

king4day
06-26-2014, 04:33 PM
Superstar: Wiggins

Bust: Saric

Biggest Surprise: Elfrid Payton

KNICKS R BACK
06-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Superstar: None (closest to a superstar will be Jabbari Parker)
Bust: Andrew Wiggins
Biggest Surprise (not so surprising to me though): Doug McDermott

Cruey
06-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Superstar: Zach LaVine
Bust: Dante Exum
Surprise: Patric Young

Wade n Fade
06-26-2014, 04:53 PM
Surprise: Kyle Anderson

Miltstar
06-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Super Star:
Bust: Andrew Wiggins, I think he was terrible in college. as far as what we expected. he will be bust, considering
he will be a bench player for mostly all his career.

I would bet my house, my car and my entire bank account against this statement. He is already an elite level defender (think Kawaii Leonard) If he goes to Cleveland he might sit year 1 but if he goes to Milwuakee or Philly he might not start the first game but he wont rot on the bench for long

Miltstar
06-26-2014, 08:45 PM

Kashmir13579
06-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Jerami Grant will surprise people.

Kashmir13579
06-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Swagtatic Superstar: Saric
Surprise: Napier i like Napier. He's a better player than Kemba was when he got here.

Aust
06-26-2014, 09:16 PM
Superstar: Dante Exum

Surprise: Jordan Adams

Superstar: Wiggins- way to athletic to bust in this league. He can lead the fast break with ease, and he plays stellar defense as well in a league that counts on it to win championships
Bust: Randle- not a fan to say the least. He is undersized, and inconsistent underneath the rim. I see Kwame Brown type production out of this guy
Surprise: LeVine- he has good size and is pretty explosive off the dribble

Guess who we drafted! :)

KingstonHawke
06-26-2014, 09:55 PM
double post

KingstonHawke
06-26-2014, 09:55 PM
Superstar: Wiggins (Embiid getting hurt so Wiggins could pair with Irving was exactly what he needed)

Bust: All of the north american white guys (I rep McBuckets because he plays in the ONE, so I hate to say it. But I haven't seen a white boy under 7 feet that I'd take in the lottery in a long while)

Surprise: The surprise will be that the dumb *** Cavs and the dumb *** Wolves don't get a deal done with each other or anyone else. For some reason people still think Bennett's fat self can play on the wing.

IversonIsKrazy
06-27-2014, 01:33 AM
Superstar: Wiggins, Parker, Exum

Surprise/Steal Pick: Glen Robinson at 40th pick.

Chi StateOfMind
06-27-2014, 01:46 AM
Surprise: Gary Harris & Shabazz Napier

Kaner
06-27-2014, 01:55 AM
Can someone explain all the randle bust picks? I didn't watch him in college much but I was under the impression he was one of the safer picks in this draft other than the foot injury.

for me

Superstar: Embiid/Wiggins. Wiggins is obvious but I think Embiid if he stays healthy could be the leader of the dynasty shaping up in Philly.

Bust: Lavine, I would have loved if the Bulls took a chance on him at 16 but the Timberwolves is for me a death sentence. He can't finish with contact and his shot is inconsistent so am not sold on him. He could also be the best player in the draft so we'll see

Surprise: Mcdermott, I don't like the pick in general but if their was a place for him to thrive it's the Bulls. If Thibs can turn him into a good team defender he will be able to get the minutes and shots to become a very good player.

abe_froman
06-27-2014, 02:06 AM
Can someone explain all the randle bust picks? I didn't watch him in college much but I was under the impression he was one of the safer picks in this draft other than the foot injury.

short arms,abit undersized for a modern pf,cant make plays with either/both hands,needs to develop a consistent outside game .his game in college was to bully weaker opponents,something he probably wont be able to do in the nba.not calling him a bust,but there are def concerns

Kaner
06-27-2014, 02:18 AM
short arms,abit undersized for a modern pf,cant make plays with either/both hands,needs to develop a consistent outside game .his game in college was to bully weaker opponents,something he probably wont be able to do in the nba.not calling him a bust,but there are def concerns

yeah I actually remember now hearing about each of those problems separately and just never connected them in my head....

mrblisterdundee
06-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Superstar: Andrew Wiggins
Bust: Dario Saric
Biggest Surprise: Sim Bhullar, if he gets picked up

Raps08-09 Champ
06-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Brunooooooooooooooooooooo.

jaydubb
06-27-2014, 01:03 PM

for me

Superstar: Embiid/Wiggins. Wiggins is obvious but I think Embiid if he stays healthy could be the leader of the dynasty shaping up in Philly.

Bust: Lavine, I would have loved if the Bulls took a chance on him at 16 but the Timberwolves is for me a death sentence. He can't finish with contact and his shot is inconsistent so am not sold on him. He could also be the best player in the draft so we'll see

Surprise: Mcdermott, I don't like the pick in general but if their was a place for him to thrive it's the Bulls. If Thibs can turn him into a good team defender he will be able to get the minutes and shots to become a very good player.
He plays for the Lakers, that's why everyone is saying bust. Nobody will own up to it tho

jaydubb
06-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Brunooooooooooooooooooooo.
:laugh2:

When they made that pick I was like ummm who? Haha I wouldn't call him a bust tho because I think its already expected that he won't do much

Aust
06-27-2014, 01:14 PM
He plays for the Lakers, that's why everyone is saying bust. Nobody will own up to it tho

Most of the bust predictions for him were posted before we drafted him.

jaydubb
06-27-2014, 01:24 PM
That's true haha I'll take back my comment then.

Being on the real tho, I never bought into all the undersize criticism he was getting. He wasn't my top choice but I wasn't upset at the pick at the same time.

IgglesFanInCO
06-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Bust: Exum
Surprise: (Homer pick warning :D) Nurkic, 19 year old who's only been playing basketball for 4 years but was considered by most to have the best low-post moves in the draft going in, and if nothing else he definitely has an nba-body. He fits Brian Shaw's system like a glove, cant think of a better scheme for him to have ended up in

futureman
06-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Exum
McDermott
Early

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-27-2014, 02:32 PM

And a good amount were from Lakers fans, lol. I do think Randle will have a good NBA career though.

tredigs
06-27-2014, 03:12 PM
I do love that the "it's cuz hes a laker!" comment for the Randle 'bust' picks was so easily thrown back in his face. It's like a microcosm of the fake "everyone just hates on melo now cuz hes in the NYC!" mantra that we heard for years. Even though last year Melo received the least backlash on him that I've seen before, and it was on the team with the worst record he's played on. Why? Because despite his inherent faults, he actually played some of the best ball of his career. Melo was ALWAYS given his due criticism, casual NY fans apparently just did not listen/care, or chose to ignore that prior criticism in favor of assuming people just like to hate on NY players for some reason.

The whiner-kids from these fanbases need to get over themselves, especially when their franchises are currently irrelevant.

xxplayerxx23
06-27-2014, 03:21 PM

Most said bust before the pick

jaydubb
06-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Most said bust before the pick

:nod:

jaydubb
06-27-2014, 03:32 PM
I do love that the "it's cuz hes a laker!" comment for the Randle 'bust' picks was so easily thrown back in his face. It's like a microcosm of the fake "everyone just hates on melo now cuz hes in the NYC!" mantra that we heard for years. Even though last year Melo received the least backlash on him that I've seen before, and it was on the team with the worst record he's played on. Why? Because despite his inherent faults, he actually played some of the best ball of his career. Melo was ALWAYS given his due criticism, casual NY fans apparently just did not listen/care, or chose to ignore that prior criticism in favor of assuming people just like to hate on NY players for some reason.

The whiner-kids from these fanbases need to get over themselves, especially when their franchises are currently irrelevant.

Stop whining about people that whine

BlinkManJan02
06-27-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm really hoping Parker will be that superstar...pretty cool to read many others think that. I'm realllly optimistic the Bucks could become a pretty solid team in the weak east, especially if it's still weak in a year or too. (im hoping lebron signs with a western conference team)

truplayer199
06-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Superstar: None
Bust: Lavine, Gordon
Surprise: Bruno :)

I think it's very unlikely that Randle is a Bust. He may be one of the safer picks in the lottery. Parker is another name that comes to mind. Worst case scenario Randle becomes a one dimensional offensive player who average something like 10-10, 12-9, etc. He wasn't my first choice for the Lakers, but i do think there are more question marks around players such as, Gordon, Exum, Wiggins, Stauskas, Payton, Mcdermott.

truplayer199
06-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Superstar: Wiggins (Embiid getting hurt so Wiggins could pair with Irving was exactly what he needed)

Bust: All of the north american white guys (I rep McBuckets because he plays in the ONE, so I hate to say it. But I haven't seen a white boy under 7 feet that I'd take in the lottery in a long while)

Surprise: The surprise will be that the dumb *** Cavs and the dumb *** Wolves don't get a deal done with each other or anyone else. For some reason people still think Bennett's fat self can play on the wing.

You're a racist!

tredigs
06-27-2014, 05:26 PM
Definitely is not often, but "long while" might be a stretch on the 'wouldn't take a North American white guy under 7 foot in the lottery' comment. I think of "long while" as 5 or 6 years; Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward come to mind in that time, but the last superstar level <7 foot American white guy in the draft was probably K. Love.

mrblisterdundee
07-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Definitely is not often, but "long while" might be a stretch on the 'wouldn't take a North American white guy under 7 foot in the lottery' comment. I think of "long while" as 5 or 6 years; Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward come to mind in that time, but the last superstar level <7 foot American white guy in the draft was probably K. Love.

Yeah; Chandler Parsons was the third or fourth-best player drafted in 2011, depending on whether you think he's better than Klay Thompson, who probably has less pigment in his skin than Parsons.
And in reality, everybody these days are mixed, if you subscribe to the migrational theory that humanity started in Africa and expanded out in waves around the world. Blake Griffin's a very white dude, and I'm pretty sure I'd take him with the first pick.

flea
07-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Gonna exclude the top 3 from superstar consideration, because what fun is that?

Superstar: Aaron Gordon. Don't think he'll be an elite offensive player, but I see him developing a decent corner 3, some slashing skills, and possibly even ballhandling. Defensively I see him being the best non-rim protector in the league. A monster that can defend 3 positions. The lazy comparison is Matrix, but I see Rodman-like potential on the offensive boards.

Bust: Noah Vonleh. Don't see him being more than a hustle rebounder off the bench. Decent numbers but massively underachieved on a solid team. Granted, Crean isn't the best coach in the world but you expect more from a top 10 prospect.

Sleeper: Adreian Payne. Love his basketball IQ, and he fits perfectly in the modern NBA as a stretch 4. Very solid defensively, like all Izzo guys.

Sanjay
07-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Superstar: Parker with his size (bulkier than most SF's) will be able to score and rebound from anywhere.

Bust: Wiggins, not saying he'll be a bust like Milicic but he needs to be more authoritative on the court and improve his half-court offensive skill set.

Surprise: Gordon going 4th with his average jump shooting and poor free throw percentage.

NBA_Starter
07-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Superstar: Parker with his size (bulkier than most SF's) will be able to score and rebound from anywhere.

Bust: Wiggins, not saying he'll be a bust like Milicic but he needs to be more authoritative on the court and improve his half-court offensive skill set.

Surprise: Gordon going 4th with his average jump shooting and poor free throw percentage.

I expect Gordon to be a bust.

dalton749
07-03-2014, 09:05 PM
cabolco will be a huge surprise