PDA

View Full Version : Should Carmelo go to the Clippers?

cssdmark
06-25-2014, 09:07 AM
It appears the a Clippers are interested In Lebron and Carmelo. If LA is unable to obtain Lebron and Melo is leaving should the Knicks explore S&T with Clippers? The Clippers will have to move real assets such as Deandre Jordan, JJ Reddick and Crawford in order to take Carmelo per reports. This would beat any garbage package Chicago could put together, it would put Melo out Wesi, la La would live in LA and Carmelo is friends with Blake and Paul. We could actually use the assets we get from the Clippers to get solid first round picks or keep on the team. Again better than any package from Houston or Chicago.

3ballbomber
06-25-2014, 09:09 AM
wtf happened to the nba that people now think it's normal for all-stars to stack themselves into one team. I for one am not desensitized to this.

goingfor28
06-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Neither lebron nor melo will be on the clippers

Wade n Fade
Here I thought it was a "confirmed" report from some unreliable twitter traffic source.

raiderfaninTX
wtf happened to the nba that people now think it's normal for all-stars to stack themselves into one team. I for one am not desensitized to this.

stop watching

things evolve as humans evolve, if you cant deal with it then stop partaking in it. Or just continue to post on an internet forum about "Back in my day!!!!"

BklynKnicks3
06-25-2014, 09:21 AM
I love basketball but Nba is becoming corny all started by that coward lebron i despise him I dont wan thim on my team. He started all this who cares if u win if u are not beating anybody like this is a joke that it was even a rumor about 4 of those guys teaming up

BALLER R
06-25-2014, 09:22 AM
This exactly what I'm talking bout the teams with stars that don't need another star. The clippers just need a better supporting cast. Then again maybe Chris paul and Griffin just aren't good enough players.

Captain Moroni
06-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Stacking teams is childish. Rising to beat your peers takes a real man.

THE MTL
06-25-2014, 09:35 AM

Its called the 1980's bruh. Sixers, Celtics, Pistons, and Lakers all had 3-4 HALL OF FAMERS on each squad.

cssdmark
06-25-2014, 10:00 AM
This exactly what I'm talking bout the teams with stars that don't need another star. The clippers just need a better supporting cast. Then again maybe Chris paul and Griffin just aren't good enough players.
Can we then say the same about Lebron

cssdmark
06-25-2014, 10:06 AM
I also do not believe superstars should all go to one team but obviously they do believe it, and the NBA has no control over. Pat Riley right now is trying to figure out how to put a big four together. As a Knick fan this is good news if Melo does not want to stay. Clippers owner to be stated he does not mind going into the luxury for either a Carmelo or Lebron. LA is a better option for Melo, biggest market, great coach, friends on the team and his wife will be happy. Knicks in return can actually get real assets back instead of that stuff Chicago & Houston are trying to pass off as assets.

HYFR
06-25-2014, 10:21 AM
How would they accomplish this? I would imagine there would be way too many moving parts to get them both

Deutsch Konig
06-25-2014, 10:27 AM
I also do not believe superstars should all go to one team but obviously they do believe it, and the NBA has no control over. Pat Riley right now is trying to figure out how to put a big four together. As a Knick fan this is good news if Melo does not want to stay. Clippers owner to be stated he does not mind going into the luxury for either a Carmelo or Lebron. LA is a better option for Melo, biggest market, great coach, friends on the team and his wife will be happy. Knicks in return can actually get real assets back instead of that stuff Chicago & Houston are trying to pass off as assets.

Ummm from what I recall the bulls were offering boozee, a 1st round pick and either taj or jimmy butler.......how in the world are those not assets for a player who's a free agent and leaving anyway??? You need a reality check brother, ny will be lucky to get anything at all.

Goose17
06-25-2014, 10:29 AM
lol @ all the hate over "superstars" pairing up. I can count on one hand the amount of teams that have won a championship with only one "superstar".

This isn't a new thing. The way it's being done is new-ish but the teaming up thing isn't new at all, it's just evolved. Simply players and teams adapting to the changes in the league.

Anyway, I think the Clippers should do this ONLY if they can keep CP3/Blake/Jordan... if it costs them one of those pieces it's not worth it, they can bring in some high caliber supporting cast for a fraction of the price.

mudvayne387
06-25-2014, 10:35 AM

Idk but it sure makes the Spurs victory that much sweeter !

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2014, 10:58 AM
lol @ all the hate over "superstars" pairing up. I can count on one hand the amount of teams that have won a championship with only one "superstar".

This isn't a new thing. The way it's being done is new-ish but the teaming up thing isn't new at all, it's just evolved. Simply players and teams adapting to the changes in the league.

Anyway, I think the Clippers should do this ONLY if they can keep CP3/Blake/Jordan... if it costs them one of those pieces it's not worth it, they can bring in some high caliber supporting cast for a fraction of the price.

Simple math can tell you it would be pretty much impossible to keep those 3 and had Melo unless he is willing to take a massive paycut. Even if they traded their whole team except those 3 (not happening) their salaries alone some add up to a little less that $50M plus cap holds for 9 roster spots is another 4.5M which means with a $63M cap they could only offer Melo about $10M. I don't see him taking that big of a paycut.

KINGBAIZE
06-25-2014, 11:30 AM
If Melo is really tryin to win a championship Chicago is a no brainer. The league always points out that we're 30th in the league in scoring, but they never talk about how we still win majority of our games without D. Rose or another major scorer.

Teams can't discredit Chicago because we beat the most elite teams in the East and West! (Mavericks, OKC, Blazers, Utah, Houston, Lakers, Miami, NY, Nets, Indiana, Atlanta, and Min.... so you can't talk that its tougher in the West crap to Chicago! We wrecked the East and the West with no superstars, team passing, solid defense, beastly rebounding, and excellent freethrow shooting. Add D. Rose and Melo to that next year, and not only will we still be holding our opponents to 87-90ppg, but we will be avg 100+ ppg.

Its crazy to think that Melo wouldn't fit in at Chicago. Our entire team has a team 1st mentality, everybody passes the ball, and Rose has been looking for that dependable scorer to increase his assist to CP3 numbers for far too long. lol (K. BOGANS... R. BUTLER... HINRICH..) It's really amazing... 6 games with Boston, & Miami with nobody to pass to. It just speaks volumes about how dominant D. Rose & Noah will be with a player like Melo.... + a starting T. Gibson and J. Butler.

Mr.B
06-25-2014, 11:33 AM

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with it. I also don't think it will be the norm. There are a few teams that may attempt to do what Miami did but most won't be successful in winning a title. The Knicks tried it and Houston has tried it and neither has made it to the Finals. Miami was able to win it all because they have the best player in the NBA on their team. Besides the Mavs and Spurs proved that you don't have to have 3 superstars on your team to win a title as long as you have a great coach, a team first mentality, and a deep squad.

KINGBAIZE
06-25-2014, 11:52 AM
I personally don't think there is anything wrong with it. I also don't think it will be the norm. There are a few teams that may attempt to do what Miami did but most won't be successful in winning a title. The Knicks tried it and Houston has tried it and neither has made it to the Finals. Miami was able to win it all because they have the best player in the NBA on their team. Besides the Mavs and Spurs proved that you don't have to have 3 superstars on your team to win a title as long as you have a great coach, a team first mentality, and a deep squad.

So let me ask you this... If the Bulls get C. Anthony, would you say that we are STACKED like Miami's big 3 or that we are WELL BALANCED like the SPURS to win a championship? I would say we would be built like the Spurs. Melo, just fits our team. He runs the floor which works w/ Rose, He can create his own shot which we need, and he rebounds, which compliments Taj and Noah.

Dade County
06-25-2014, 11:57 AM
I love basketball but Nba is becoming corny all started by that coward lebron i despise him I dont wan thim on my team. He started all this who cares if u win if u are not beating anybody like this is a joke that it was even a rumor about 4 of those guys teaming up

Lbj didn't start anything.

It has been written countless of times here on PSD, all the super teams before the HEAT. But how could you jump all over the HEAT and not go to boston first (Kg, Actress, RayRay, rondo)?

Mr.B
06-25-2014, 11:58 AM
So let me ask you this... If the Bulls get C. Anthony, would you say that we are STACKED like Miami's big 3 or that we are WELL BALANCED like the SPURS to win a championship? I would say we would be built like the Spurs. Melo, just fits our team. He runs the floor which works w/ Rose, He can create his own shot which we need, and he rebounds, which compliments Taj and Noah.

I definitely wouldn't say they are stacked like Miami. I actually think Chicago is the best fit for Melo too. I wouldn't say they are exactly like the Spurs because I think the Spurs move the ball around better than Chicago but with Melo they would be a balanced team from top to bottom. Hopefully Rose has gotten past his injury problems. One more year of this and Chicago may need to move on. Rose seems to be falling in to the same group as Brandon Roy and Grant Hill. Hopefully he can stay healthy and avoid being compared to those guys.

Mr.B
06-25-2014, 12:02 PM

It has been written countless of times here on PSD, all the super teams before the HEAT. But how could you jump all over the HEAT and not go to boston first (Kg, Actress, RayRay, rondo)?

The reason Boston is different than Miami is because by the time Boston got KG and Ray Allen they were already past their prime. The '06 Heat team is more like the Boston team that won't the title a couple years ago. The current Miami team loaded up on players that were in their prime. Like I said though, I don't have a problem with teams loading up. Even Miami with Labron proved that they can be beat.

meloman1592
06-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Why is it that in a media dominated world and the society that we live in now where players are judged by rings, it's wrong for them to take the easiest path to a ring? I'm not even a lebron fan but people are gonna say "well lebron didn't have x amount of rings" if he doesn't win another one. Ring chasing and stacking teams are not wrong and if players wanted to team up on your respective teams you wouldn't have a problem with it. If you play ball at the Y or the park and u get first pick, you're gonna pick the best player available right? Ok then stfu

Stinkyoutsider
06-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Would be a good move if it could happen (I remember Chris Paul having a toast about forming their own big 3 with him, Melo, and a 3rd lol).

Jordan would be the odd man out? His contract would have to be moved for Melo to have any sort of chance at joining the club. I'm not 100% sure Doc Rivers wants to do this though because Jordan has made some very good improvements to his game. He was being talked about for defensive player of the year last year if I'm right?

For the Clippers, the roster is lacking something to get them into the finals imo. Griffin has made improvements to his game and Paul is an outstanding point guard. I think they're missing a wing player who can flat out score and take over games so Paul can concentrate more on running the team. If that's Melo, the Clippers better get started with moving guys like Jordan and Crawford so they have some flexibility.

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2014, 12:43 PM

I say the biggest dfference is KG, Pierce, and Allen didn't plan to all become free agents at the same time and collude to all go to the same team. The Celtics big 3 was not planned ahead of time it just happened that way.

FYL_McVeezy
06-25-2014, 12:47 PM
If Melo decided he wants to leave NY then the answer is yes.....

That is the best landing spot for him. Not Chicago, not Houston, Not the Lakers.....

Dade County
06-25-2014, 01:51 PM
I say the biggest dfference is KG, Pierce, and Allen didn't plan to all become free agents at the same time and collude to all go to the same team. The Celtics big 3 was not planned ahead of time it just happened that way.

Owners, agents, business men collude all the time... It's called planning ahead.

And don't underestimate the agents behind the scenes... Who's to say that Kg going to boston wasn't planned a year in advance? It probably wasn't a for sure thing, but somebody might of had the thought process.

koreancabbage
06-25-2014, 01:59 PM

meh, this is a business. The NBA, owning a franchise, etc. Players and gm/owners do what they have to do to be successful.

I'm sure players talk to one another all the time about fantasizing about playing together.

It is what it is.

smith&wesson
06-25-2014, 02:17 PM

As a fan I have no problem with stacked teams.. I enjoyed watching Miam play, it was fun. I never watched the clippers before, now that they have paul and griffen I try to catch their games all the time. The rockets have been interesting to watch since they got howard and harden. Okc with westy and Durant is a must watch. I don't know why fans have a problem with it, its fun for us to see..

I know its a different thing but you have a bunch of superstars on one team in your sig, so it must appeal to you in some way as well.

smith&wesson
06-25-2014, 02:20 PM

actually kg blocked the trade initially until the Celtics traded for allen via trade, at which point kg and allen spoke along with pierce enabling kg to be traded to boston.

more than one way to skin a cat, but the end result is the same. superstars giving themselves a better chance by teaming up with other superstars.

Vinylman
06-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Its called the 1980's bruh. Sixers, Celtics, Pistons, and Lakers all had 3-4 HALL OF FAMERS on each squad.

Name 1 star in the 80s who took less money to team up with another star.

Anyway, these guys make WAY more money now which is the ONLY reason they can team up...

This trend will reverse again though, The younger stars will be harder pressed to do this in the future because their rookie contracts sucked relative to the lebrons and melo's

I hope he does join up with the other so called stars in Clipperland because it will be even more fun to laugh at another Doc/Clipper failed season

rhd420
06-25-2014, 02:53 PM
as a Lakers fan, would love the Clippers to get Carmelo ... LOL
Ball stops there ... CP3 and Blake both digress through the season

As for players teaming up, this is what the CBA created so be it ... Carmelo is walking away from MILLIONS if he leaves New York, yet fans are mad at him for improving his "winning" situation ... but he stays in New York, he's greed and can't win ... he loses

As for LeBron, heck ... I do think the Heat, Riley, Wade and Bosh reload but all the players need to opt so it's business.

The funny part is fans than complain about players trying to improve their work situations and yet that what we do normally, if your ever in a situation where your offered more money, bigger position ... your celebrated in terms of employment - athletes, they're not loyal or their greedy, sound about right?

Maybe more people should experience upward mobility and strive for it as opposed to complaining about everybody else passing them by and being more successful ... just like athletes LOL

nastynice
06-25-2014, 03:21 PM
If melo can contribute while the offense is still manned by Paul, and run through griffin, then sure. Or else I'd think clips would be taking a step backward. Griffin is slowly carving a name for himself as third best player in the league, I would not do anything to upset that balance.

Jarvo
06-25-2014, 03:25 PM

This, I hate to bring Kobe into this but even he stayed on The Lakers when Smush Parker was the ****ing Starter SMUSH PARKER! These new cata have to grow some balls and stop trying to stack the deck just to win.

nastynice
06-25-2014, 03:26 PM
If Melo is really tryin to win a championship Chicago is a no brainer. The league always points out that we're 30th in the league in scoring, but they never talk about how we still win majority of our games without D. Rose or another major scorer.

Teams can't discredit Chicago because we beat the most elite teams in the East and West! (Mavericks, OKC, Blazers, Utah, Houston, Lakers, Miami, NY, Nets, Indiana, Atlanta, and Min.... so you can't talk that its tougher in the West crap to Chicago! We wrecked the East and the West with no superstars, team passing, solid defense, beastly rebounding, and excellent freethrow shooting. Add D. Rose and Melo to that next year, and not only will we still be holding our opponents to 87-90ppg, but we will be avg 100+ ppg.

Its crazy to think that Melo wouldn't fit in at Chicago. Our entire team has a team 1st mentality, everybody passes the ball, and Rose has been looking for that dependable scorer to increase his assist to CP3 numbers for far too long. lol (K. BOGANS... R. BUTLER... HINRICH..) It's really amazing... 6 games with Boston, & Miami with nobody to pass to. It just speaks volumes about how dominant D. Rose & Noah will be with a player like Melo.... + a starting T. Gibson and J. Butler.

You sound a little too thirsty, but u know what, now that I think about it chicago actually could be a great fit for him. I don't think much of melo, but his style of play definitely seems like it'd be a great fit in chi

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2014, 03:35 PM

actually kg blocked the trade initially until the Celtics traded for allen via trade, at which point kg and allen spoke along with pierce enabling kg to be traded to boston.

more than one way to skin a cat, but the end result is the same. superstars giving themselves a better chance by teaming up with other superstars.

Ok so they did have some say in it but they were still relying on teams to agree to trades which may or may not have gone through. It wasnt planned years in advance like the Miami big 3 probably was.

RiLoc
06-25-2014, 04:26 PM
One of the key measures of greatness in the fan community is championships. Historically teams stacked with All-Stars have won championships. Yet when players look for teams and teammates that will help them advance their goal of winning championships it's frowned upon by fans.

If you have the opportunity to work with friends, in a situation that's more likely to further your career goals and in city of your choosing... That's something people shouldn't do now? lol

That's hilarious, I'm imagining a parent talking to his or her children, "If you get into a job that isn't likely to further your career and it's in a place you don't like working. Stick it out and if your friend comes around with a better opportunity, tell your friends 'NO!' because..."
Rising to beat your peers takes a real man.

lmao.

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 04:53 PM
The Clips have some option, Bron or Melo? hmm

MonroeFAN
06-25-2014, 06:02 PM
It appears the a Clippers are interested In Lebron and Carmelo. If LA is unable to obtain Lebron and Melo is leaving should the Knicks explore S&T with Clippers? The Clippers will have to move real assets such as Deandre Jordan, JJ Reddick and Crawford in order to take Carmelo per reports.

Those are the assets that come to mind while discussion a Clippers sign and trade? What about Blake Griffin or Chris Paul?

Ty Fast
06-25-2014, 06:06 PM
clippers don't have cap space and to get melo or bron will cost them blake

Cracka2HI!
06-25-2014, 06:26 PM
I really hate the Bledsoe and Butler for Reddick and Dudley trade now. Bledsoe could have possibly brought back Melo in a S&T. Now there really isn't a way to get it done. I'd trade DJ for Bron but not for Melo. I think the Clippers would be Melo's #1 choice for sure, possibly LeBron's if he's really leaving Miami. There just isn't a realistic way it happens. Believe me I tried every scenario I could imagine. Now if the league wants to help us out and the cap comes in crazy high like around $75 mil than it's a different story, lol!

RowBTrice
06-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Hell no he shouldn't.

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2014, 07:16 PM
It appears the a Clippers are interested In Lebron and Carmelo. If LA is unable to obtain Lebron and Melo is leaving should the Knicks explore S&T with Clippers? The Clippers will have to move real assets such as Deandre Jordan, JJ Reddick and Crawford in order to take Carmelo per reports.

Those are the assets that come to mind while discussion a Clippers sign and trade? What about Blake Griffin or Chris Paul?

They said Blake is untouchable and I assume CP3 also. Its probably a smokescreen to try to see if they can keep those 2 and get Lebron. The reality is if you can get Lebron but you have to trade Blake you do it and don't think twice about it. Then they wouldn't have to trade the rest of their team too.

todu82
06-25-2014, 07:22 PM
The NBA has to step in and prevent from these dream teams happening. Spread the wealth so that more teams can be good.