06-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Kobe/Robinson
Bird/Duncan
Payton/Dream
AI/Shaq

Because Big 2s are cooler than Big 3s.

LordJohn
06-26-2014, 12:02 AM
Bird/Duncan and it's not close. The two of them are both better than any other player in any of the other pairs, with the exception of Duncan/Shaq maybe being a wash.

flea
06-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Personally, I like Payton and Dream. Both among the best defenders across 2 positions, one an elite shot creator and the other a very serviceable distributor and penetrator. Surround them with shooters and I think they win in the hand-check era and the zone defense era. Payton is probably a better offensive player if he plays in the modern era, but obviously his swiping would be cut down on d.

Cruey
06-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Westbrook/Durant

XpLiCiTT
06-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Giving Bird/Duncan as an option here makes this debate pointless. But i'll go with AI/Shaq just because I love A.I and think that would probably be the most fun duo to watch out of them all.

todu82
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Bird and Duncan. All top 10 guys of all time.

flea
06-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Not sure why people think Bird/Duncan is a runaway. I know AI gets hate on here (deservedly so, but I don't think we quite consider the load he had to carry on those Sixers teams). What if I change it to Wade/Shaq - would that make it closer for some people? I honestly don't think there's a right or wrong answer, save for maybe the Kobe/Robinson pairing - but I know both of them get a lot of love on PSD so I included it.

XpLiCiTT
07-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Not sure why people think Bird/Duncan is a runaway. I know AI gets hate on here (deservedly so, but I don't think we quite consider the load he had to carry on those Sixers teams). What if I change it to Wade/Shaq - would that make it closer for some people? I honestly don't think there's a right or wrong answer, save for maybe the Kobe/Robinson pairing - but I know both of them get a lot of love on PSD so I included it.

Sorry, but what do you not get? You offered a pairing of 2 top 10 players of all-time.

Oh and no, AI/Shaq >> Wade/Shaq. AI & Shaq would be an amazing pairing, i wish AI had Shaq :(

flea
07-01-2014, 10:19 AM
It's not a thread about whose combined careers were the best, it's who you want to build around. Sure AI and Kobe are chuckers, but a lot of times they had to be. Bird was hyper-efficient, but if he wasn't part of the best frontcourt of all time can we definitely say his shooting numbers are as good as they are? I don't think so.

XpLiCiTT
07-01-2014, 10:51 AM
It's not a thread about whose combined careers were the best, it's who you want to build around.

Okay, are you still offering Bird/Duncan? I'll build around that..

LordJohn
07-01-2014, 09:19 PM
I'll rank them to make it more interesting.

1.Bird/Duncan
2.Payton/Hakeem (Kobe/Robinson might have more overall talent due to the gap between Kobe and Payton being bigger than the gap between Hakeem and Robinson, but the defense here would be smothering)
3.Kobe/Robinson
4.Shaq/AI- Iverson might be the most fun to watch player post-Jordan, but he really suffers when you look at advanced stats. He's the definition of a volume scorer. Idiotic shot selection. He shot under 40% a couple seasons in his prime. I'd put Shaq/Wade in last too, simply because Kobe's a lot better than Wade and Hakeem/Shaq is close to a draw.