PDA

View Full Version : Kobe recruiting Melo???

Leftcoast_yg
06-24-2014, 08:18 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/blog/2014/06/24/los-angeles-lakers-rumors-carmelo-anthony-meeting-with-kobe-bryant-wont-change-anything/

I heard this on espn radio than i seen the broussard tweet. Smh

Jamiecballer
06-24-2014, 08:18 PM
That would be hilarious. They wouldn't even make it out of preseason before they fought over shots.

goingfor28
06-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Will. Not. Work.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-24-2014, 08:22 PM
It's better than having nothing.

Leftcoast_yg
06-24-2014, 08:25 PM
The return of a glen rice?

Leftcoast_yg
06-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Lala wants la-la land?

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2014, 08:28 PM
How long will it take for Kobe to snitch on Melo if they were teammates

smith&wesson
06-24-2014, 08:30 PM
How long will it take for Kobe to snitch on Melo if they were teammates

snitch on melo ? what the lol

smith&wesson
06-24-2014, 08:31 PM
melo and kobe are close, I can see melo seriously considering this.

kobe, melo and the funky bunch.

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Melo would rather play on a team with Bron.

kobe4thewinbang
06-24-2014, 08:33 PM
They seemed to play well together in the Olympics. Take a lot of pressure off Kobe and put another threat on the floor. Looks like Scott will be the coach. But I dunno--I still say Melo is a Bull next season.

smith&wesson
06-24-2014, 08:35 PM
If they get rondo too, that might make them mesh.

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2014, 08:41 PM
If they get rondo too, that might make them mesh.

Doubt it, it will still be a tug of war, remember Rondo holds the ball for 23 seconds then passes it. And knowing him he probably won't pass it to either one of them

PraiseJesus
06-24-2014, 08:43 PM
I don't know why these guys don't just sign 1 year contracts.

They would have the ultimate control and felxibility

bucketss
06-24-2014, 08:49 PM
i wonder how kobe would respond to being a 2nd option hmm

Tony_Starks
06-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Not surprising, they've been cool for a while. That would be a crazy combo though!

Bostonjorge
06-24-2014, 09:23 PM
That's to much fire power anyone to handle.

flea
06-24-2014, 09:27 PM
Nothing says instant contender like a 36 year old hobbled wing, a 40 year old PG with a bad back, a notorious no defense chucker that's constantly the butt of jokes around the league (both for his play and his dress), and a handful of bench bigs. I know the Knicks situation isn't great, but I certainly wouldn't leave for that.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-24-2014, 09:32 PM
This can't be true. Unless Brazil is in Europe, where Kobe has been watching the World Cup live, how can they have met.

jerellh528
06-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Nooooo!
Offseason should be about getting smart and Stephenson, love next year then kd the year after that.

Cal827
06-24-2014, 09:36 PM
:laugh: They wouldn't really be able to get anyone else.

The rest of the team would have to spread out the 5 times that Kobe or Melo doesn't shoot the ball lol

bucketss
06-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Nooooo!
Offseason should be about getting smart and Stephenson, love next year then kd the year after that.

i was noding untill i saw kd lmaoo why would he play there.

jerellh528
06-24-2014, 09:43 PM
i was noding untill i saw kd lmaoo why would he play there.

Why wouldn't he? It's la. Then if the roster had smart, Stephenson and love that should be enough to entice him.

bucketss
06-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Why wouldn't he? It's la. Then if the roster had smart, Stephenson and love that should be enough to entice him.

or he can stay in okc where he has westbrook whos better than anyone u listed here.

jerellh528
06-24-2014, 10:00 PM
or he can stay in okc where he has westbrook whos better than anyone u listed here.

K he can have westy whom he doesn't fit well with and keeps stealing all his shots. He even seems visibly frustrated at times. Or he can go to the best market in the nba and play with the roster I listed which is well balanced and good. It's a long shot, but that idea I have is 10000x better than melo.

Crunch Time
06-24-2014, 10:01 PM

And if they get seriously hurt during that year?

cssdmark
06-24-2014, 10:28 PM
K he can have westy whom he doesn't fit well with and keeps stealing all his shots. He even seems visibly frustrated at times. Or he can go to the best market in the nba and play with the roster I listed which is well balanced and good. It's a long shot, but that idea I have is 10000x better than melo.

You are right NYC

Hawkamania
06-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Talk about drama if those two managed to pair up on the Lakers.

Bostonjorge
06-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Sign melo, trade for klay, sign lance and boom

LA_Raiders
06-24-2014, 10:45 PM
I dont think so, Melo is going to Chicago or Houston.

nickdymez
06-24-2014, 10:45 PM
The amount of baiting in this thread is unreal.

DWNTWNLakeShow
06-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Sign Melo, Lowry, draft Aaron Gordon

Lowry
Kobe
Melo
Gordon
?

Or sign melo, Monroe, draft smart

Smart
Kobe
Melo
J Hill
Monroe

Tony_Starks
06-24-2014, 10:54 PM
People need to do their homework. When Kobe and Melo played on USA team Kobe took him under his wing. Melo admired his work ethic. They played very well together with Melo as the scorer and Kobe the defensive stopper. Have been friends ever since. Melo even commiserated with him prior to the Denver to New York move.

I'm not saying it would be a ideal pairing but its not this abomination of a duo that some make it out to be...

Tony_Starks
06-24-2014, 10:56 PM

Lowry
Kobe
Melo
Gordon
?

Smart
Kobe
Melo
J Hill
Monroe

I'd prefer Melo, draft Randle, and get Gasol back on the cheap. Maybe be enough left to get Stephenson.

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 10:59 PM
I just can't see him and Colby Bryan coexisting.

bucketss
06-24-2014, 11:03 PM

Lowry
Kobe
Melo
Gordon
?

Smart
Kobe
Melo
J Hill
Monroe

i like the second one better, Aaron gordon needs a lot of time before he can contribute as a starter

Randomfan
06-25-2014, 01:25 AM
Im a Laker fan. Some days I wake up and would love to have Melo and some days I wake up and feel it would be a bad move. I guess we will see.

FlashBolt
06-25-2014, 01:40 AM
Kobe+Gasol+Melo won't win crap.. Against that stacked Western conference? Good luck. There is also no way Kobe comes back 100%. Two years older and an injury is never a good sign. If Kobe truly wanted to win, he should have taken much less. 23/25 respectively is just absurd. I get the trust and loyalty thing but there also has to be the winning part.

Kobe takes 12-15
Melo takes 15
Gasol takes 8
Trade Nash/pick
Sign Lowry or Bledsoe
Sign a decent center
Get a decent cast.

That is more likely to win than just Kobe, Gasol, Melo. You don't win like that..

PowerHouse
06-25-2014, 02:14 AM
Kobe needs to do a little less recruiting of Melo and a little more recruiting of Lebron.

Leftcoast_yg
06-25-2014, 02:23 AM
The thing laker fans or skeptics forget is that the reason kobe clashed with dwight because of his lack of being in harmony as a team player. What would always be heard from kobe??? Dwight lacks that nastyness on the court to destroy his opponent, that bulldog persona. Melo i believe has that which is why kobe respect melo and wouldn't mind being second fiddle to melo.

Leftcoast_yg
06-25-2014, 02:28 AM
Dwight wasnt only clashing with kobe but with nash too, that says a lot about a player clashing with a pass first point guard. A guy who wants to give you the ball!!!

Iron24th
06-25-2014, 02:34 AM
Chicago should be the best fit for melo, but who knows, if LA retools the roster and melo accepts the challenge, then maybe.

FlashBolt
06-25-2014, 02:36 AM
Kobe has too much pride to try and recruit LeBron. Two huge ego's asking each other for help? Not gonna happen.

Jamiecballer
06-25-2014, 07:33 PM
People need to do their homework. When Kobe and Melo played on USA team Kobe took him under his wing. Melo admired his work ethic. They played very well together with Melo as the scorer and Kobe the defensive stopper. Have been friends ever since. Melo even commiserated with him prior to the Denver to New York move.

I'm not saying it would be a ideal pairing but its not this abomination of a duo that some make it out to be...
its because we've done our homework that we can easily predict disaster. why base your opinion on a handful of games when you have the entirety of their careers to form an opinion? it makes absolutely no sense.

Its easy to sacrifice for ten days when you know you are ultimately going back to your team and your role as the unquestioned man

shauneazy
06-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Gotta love when people don't realize Kobe has one of the highest basketball IQs and doesn't think he understands he won't need to shoot so many times. Or when people think players shoot too much, though never consider the fact they have to shoot so much to keep their teams alive. I'm just saying.

bucketss
06-25-2014, 07:50 PM
carmelo is 30 years old, look at how time flies! seriously unless hes going there with another star like love, than i would not go there. dude is 30 time is running out, i wouldn't bank on a healthy kobe, and even if he is healthy can we say he will ever become the player he once was?

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 07:50 PM
How hard is it for the Lakers to make room for him?

BenFrank
06-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Nobody wants to be Kobe's Pupil..

Signed - Dwight Howard

And well all know Kobe is not going to hand over the team to EANYBODY.. that contract speaks for itself

numba1CHANGsta
06-25-2014, 08:12 PM

The Lakers have enough for him but Melo would like some more help than an aging Kobe and Nash. If the Lakers can somehow trade Nash then the Lakers could make some more moves. Notice how Melo is only interested in teams who have a solid roster (HOU, CHI, DAL)

Leftcoast_yg
06-25-2014, 08:17 PM

Signed - Dwight Howard

And well all know Kobe is not going to hand over the team to EANYBODY.. that contract speaks for itself

Yeah your rinsed!

Kobe had no problem handing the team over to dwight he said it himself. But dwight was such a diva that he never took him serious. You will know that soon.

Leftcoast_yg
06-25-2014, 08:25 PM
This thread:

Laker Kobe Carmelo Haters: it wont work, kobe doesn't like playing with all stars, carmelo is a 1st option.

Before carmelo was just a 2nd or 3rd option. Now that kobe is recruiting him melo is a 1st option. Just the thought of the lakers becoming contenders again is a pain in your lite hearts. Bunch of heathens lol

bucketss
06-25-2014, 08:38 PM
This thread:

Laker Kobe Carmelo Haters: it wont work, kobe doesn't like playing with all stars, carmelo is a 1st option.

Before carmelo was just a 2nd or 3rd option. Now that kobe is recruiting him melo is a 1st option. Just the thought of the lakers becoming contenders again is a pain in your lite hearts. Bunch of heathens lol

he was always 1st option on ofense, its just better if he had another player who is better than him to lead, because he has no leadership skills.

NYKnickFanatic
06-25-2014, 08:42 PM
I just got chills:

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/1077326_557636394300281_380027654_o.jpg

BenFrank
06-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah your rinsed!

Kobe had no problem handing the team over to dwight he said it himself. But dwight was such a diva that he never took him serious. You will know that soon.

Kmsl.. yea the same Kobe that told Dwight, "Let me teach u how to be a champion" .. yea that sure does sound like him handing the team over ' FOH .. there a reason guys aren't lining up to go to there, and Kobe's ego trumps all

Leftcoast_yg
06-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Kmsl.. yea the same Kobe that told Dwight, "Let me teach u how to be a champion" .. yea that sure does sound like him handing the team over ' FOH .. there a reason guys aren't lining up to go to there, and Kobe's ego trumps all

Are you serious!? You just made my point for me lol

bucketss
06-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Are you serious!? You just made my point for me lol

didn't he say the team is his, when he retires? lol

Leftcoast_yg
06-25-2014, 08:49 PM
he was always 1st option on ofense, its just better if he had another player who is better than him to lead, because he has no leadership skills.

No doubt he was a no1 option on his team. But the melo haters called him a 2nd option at best and now that he might become a laker he is a superstar. Smh

Leftcoast_yg
06-25-2014, 08:52 PM
didn't he say the team is his, when he retires? lol

Yes because he is not a franchise player. Kobe wanted to take him under his wing and exalt his persona to be one but dwight thinks he is a know it all. If your to good to listen to someone who has been there and done that than you will always be a failure. How far did the rockets get with a better team???

Slug3
06-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Don't ever listen to Broussard on anything. Not saying it's not true, but he just throws crap at the wall and hopes something sticks. He would literally say 100 names as the first pick and be like "I knew it" when one of them is picked.

BenFrank
06-25-2014, 09:10 PM

Signed - Dwight Howard

Yeah your rinsed!

Yes because he is not a franchise player. Kobe wanted to take him under his wing and exalt his persona to be one but dwight thinks he is a know it all. If your to good to listen to someone who has been there and done that than you will always be a failure. How far did the rockets get with a better team???

I'm done, no point in arguing with you..

blastmasta26
06-25-2014, 09:10 PM
The "ballhog" labels are often blown out of proportion, and I do think a Kobe/Melo pairing could work. But I don't see Melo going there for the simple reason that the team isn't good enough, Gasol is aging and Kobe is aging as well as coming off of major injury. Not to mention they're in the West.

Leftcoast_yg
06-25-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm done, no point in arguing with you..

How far did ur team get in the playoffd????

Yeah, you have no response to my argument to invalidate it?

Kashmir13579
06-25-2014, 09:59 PM
How does Scott keep getting coaching jobs?

Crunch Time
06-25-2014, 10:29 PM

Because of dumb FOs.

Mave1002
06-25-2014, 10:45 PM
I just got chills:

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/1077326_557636394300281_380027654_o.jpg

Im a Lakers fan and TBH, they would straight up BALL. But I dont even think that it's a good thing. It wont be sustainable. Easy come, easy go.

Superteams are cool, but they will never last.

LakersEaglesLA
06-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Sounds like the haters who want Kobe and the Lakers to disappear forever are getting a lil nervous and you should be. Kobe is not dead, he is the hardest working player in NBA he will come back killing this season his skills did not leave him this morning. And isn't he suppossed to be recruiting like every other Star Player to make his team better. And let's not forget this is the LA Lakers every agent of an allstar that is unrestricted will try to get his player in purple and gold. We coming back, and in't nothing haters can do abt it. Healthy kobe, Melo and 7th pick is first 2 steps

Mave1002
06-25-2014, 11:03 PM

The only way id do a Carmelo Anthony trade:

1.) We could SOMEHOW, unload the contract of Nash (+maybe the 7th pick because I believe Marcus Smart will be taken early) and get around $10M+ back

$38.5 is alot of money to work with

2.) We get two or more solid pieces back.
-The best available center in FA (Pau Gasol)
-And someone like Stephenson or Bledsoe

Melo takes 16
Bledsoe takes 14
Pau takes 8

or more realistically,

Melo takes 18
Pau takes 8
Stephenson takes 8
We pray Jordan Hill takes the remainder

3.) Mitch works his magic and create a bench mob that is worth almost nothing. The tiny TPE that we have, try to sign someone solid. (Shaun Livingston, Emeka Okafor Or Mike Scott)

Vets Minimum: X-Farmar-Hinrich-Miller-Bazemore

That's a pretty good supporting cast.

Pau-Hill-Sacre
Melo-Scott
Kobe-Miller-Bazemore
Stephenson-X
Hinrich-Farmar-?

I think Carmelo COULD come for a discount, simply because he wants to finally win and achieve big. Especially he is headed to the crossroads of his career. And I dont think he will pull off a Dwight Howard. We need someone who genuinely wants to be a Los Angeles Laker.

ldawg
06-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Kobe is a recruiter is a bad idea. See what he did Howard? Lakers were on Howard list until air started coming out Kobe and Shaq mouth. Kobe don't ask guys to come play with him but instead for me. He made it clear to Howard this is my team you can have it when I am done. Lebron and Bosh join forces they even interview and all the stuff together. they made an effort not to say my team but our team. If Kobe goes with the same approach he will close whatever shot Lakers have to sign a top tier free agent.

Leftcoast_yg
06-25-2014, 11:40 PM

Did byron scott get hired by the lakers??

RaiderLakersA's
06-26-2014, 12:23 AM
Kobe is a recruiter is a bad idea. See what he did Howard? Lakers were on Howard list until air started coming out Kobe and Shaq mouth. Kobe don't ask guys to come play with him but instead for me. He made it clear to Howard this is my team you can have it when I am done. Lebron and Bosh join forces they even interview and all the stuff together. they made an effort not to say my team but our team. If Kobe goes with the same approach he will close whatever shot Lakers have to sign a top tier free agent.

Trust me, if stars aren't coming here, it's not because of Kobe. Most want a sure thing, a deep roster, or very few holes at the start spots. That ain't the Lakers. They want plug and play championships. That's not going to happen, given the sad state of the Lakers roster. Buss Boy made some bad moves and star players recognize that he's a novice owner that likes to meddle. No thanks. Don't blame Kobe, blame Buss Boy.

FOXHOUND
06-26-2014, 02:01 AM

Yeah, Kobe wants winners who are serious. You make it sound like learning under Kobe's wing was such a terrible option lol. The achilles injury made it a bad go, but Howard balking at a straight up challenge from one of the greatest winners in the sports history is not a slight on Kobe. Howard recently made comments about how he might have to start toughening up on teammates. He's getting it, finally.

Sssmush
06-26-2014, 02:57 AM

Yep, I've thought about that too.

It would also be badass if they did it for the vet's minimum. They could just say "hmmmmm, yeah, I'm making $100m in endorsements and my investment portfolio is looking good..."

It's very doable. Lebron, Carmelo, Bosh and Wade could all re-sign with Miami for $1M each, and they could add Stephenson and Bledsoe for $11M each, then add Swaggy P and Jordan Hill for $5M each.

LoL the agents would **** themselves and then watch how fast the CBA rules change.

Sssmush
06-26-2014, 03:00 AM
Actually a player like Lebron is making SOOOOO much in endorsements, and probably has so many equity positions in corporations from marketing deals (allegedly he made between $50M and $200M+ on the Beats sale) that the $20M NBA salary means almost nothing. It probably costs him significantly in taxes and might conceivably even be a net negative in some scenarios.

Sssmush
06-26-2014, 03:03 AM
Yah that would be the day when the NBA really grows up. When the star players stop macking with their big dollar signs and gold chains and silver shadows wearing stupid Louis Vuitton outfits with giant diamond encrusted sunglasses, and just start taking over the game for the sheer love of it, for the sheer possibility of seizing the moment and doing something great.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-26-2014, 03:11 AM
We don't need stars teaming up.

CityofTreez
06-26-2014, 03:12 AM
Did byron scott get hired by the lakers??

He's the front runner, but they should just hire him already because the way Kobe's looking, he's the GM, coach, and player.

I thought the Lakers pulled the "gag" order on Kobe in terms of FO decisions.

Leftcoast_yg
06-26-2014, 04:41 AM
I wanted scott to be the lakers coach before cleveland stained his reputation.

CityofTreez
06-26-2014, 06:01 AM
Well, Lakers hired Mike Brown from the Cavs, and he was stained.

Scott is the likely candidate.

ldawg
06-26-2014, 06:08 AM
We don't need stars teaming up.two stars have been playing together for years. Hell yes they do.